Reviews of Stanton House Hotel 3 stars

The Avenue, Stanton Fitzwarren, Swindon, Swindon, SN6 7SD, United Kingdom

#4 of 18 hotels in Swindon

Lots of character and Japanese theme.
    • Classic Double Room

Evening meal was limited, would have liked to see more option (several were unavailable/sold out)

Lots of character and Japanese theme. Room fabulous and bed so comfortable. Used it for the Air Tattoo - perfect location

Comfortable 1 night stay
    • Standard Single Room

Some of the room wooden furniture could do with an upgrade, the surfaces look tired.

Friendly and helpful staff. Nice quiet outside area to relax with views to the lake. Good location. Would stay here again.

Staff very friendly & helpful.
    • Classic Single Room

No aircon in the room. Not exactly the hotel's fault in a heatwave though.

Staff very friendly & helpful. Location/setting absolutely brilliant.

1st class

Everything was perfect.

Staff went out their way to accommodate late arrival of my business colleague and made fresh breakfast at 10am. The place is spotless and all staff were very helpful.

Night by the river
    • Standard Single Room

Relaxing country feel to the garden surrounds. Efficient, helpful and precise reception. Intriguing restaurant menu with extensive Japanese choices. Possibly the most elegant car parking in Wiltshire.

Good, but not good value
    • Classic Twin Room

It was all very corporate- but not in a good way. Not good value

The beds were comfortable; the bathroom was good, and you could walk in the garden. Oh, and the Japanese’s food was an unexpected surprise

Disappointed
    • Executive Double Room

I ordered champagne for the room on ice , for my partners bday , wasnt in the room Ordered room service made 5 calls , 4 to the room service number to have it picked up put down . Or I could hear people asking what to do . I then booked at reception and was told it would be at least an hour , because the wedding reception was receiving their mains , we waited 1 1/2 hours We weren’t told room service was on the tv , then to find out it was Broken , and the room service gentleman couldn’t work it either ! I had a lovely chicken salad , but my partners pork meal came , it was a bacon roll basically covered in a sauce ! We were so looking forward to this night away , and I felt , we were let down , the little extras were missing! The receptionist wasn’t very helpful , we asked about breakfast she said it’s all on top of your ticket there , that was that ! Gave us our key , without any guidance as to where we were meant to go 🙁 Kind regards Neil Woodward

The area , the gentleman who delivered out champagne , went above and beyond for us

Top place if you pay for a decent room.
    • Standard Single Room

Booked a cheap deal online so was put in a small room, obviously not used often due to there being a cleaning station right outside; clanging cups. Also the bath needs replacing I wouldn't take a bath in that tub. Shower was lovely though. No hot/cold markings on taps either, they do differ around the country guys.

Lovely old building and Unbelievable surroundings. Staff were very professional and friendly has the feel of an upmarket swanky hotel.

Dated place. Poor restaurant service. Would not return or recommend.
    • Classic Single Room

Sunday night, restaurant empty. Waited 45 minutes for a fish pie, which eventually arrived in a tiny bowl and cost about £15!! Waited another 15 minutes for someone to take the plate and bring me the dessert menu. No-one arrived. When I got there, I ordered a cup of tea and asked for a scone but was told the kitchen was closed. Ants were rife all over the worktop in the bar. The rooms were dated and miserable.

The grounds were lovely. Room was clean. Can't say anything else positive.

Country house in a nice setting in large grounds mainly...
    • Classic Double Room

Did not quite come up to expectations given by the web site - in particular the Japanese menu was restricted (no sushi or sashimi) which we had particularly looked forward to. Bars were limited in range of drinks available. Appeared to be understaffed at least at the customer facing end.

Country house in a nice setting in large grounds mainly grass but shrubs and climbers nearer the house. Large clean rooms with easy access. Helpful staff. Plenty of car park space. Good food and drink.

The welcome ,very attentive team at breakfast service.
    • Executive Double Room

The welcome ,very attentive team at breakfast service. Room immaculate,very relaxing and comfortable.I shall certainly return and recommend,many thanks Andrew Jackson

Enjoyed the room & setting, but extremely disappointed with the food
    • Classic Double Room

Very disappointed with the food. Salad lettuce brown on the edges, fish pie had hardly any fish in it, and bacon was hard to cut never mind chew.

Very comfortable bed & good to have the tea/coffee making facility in the room.

Nice comfy room, lovely staff, annoying WiFi. Won't be coming back because of this.
    • Standard Single Room

My Laptop couldn't connect to free WiFi and I was told this was quite common because of the security settings on most laptops. When ask for secure connection, was told this wasn't available. The upshot being that I couldn't work which is pretty critical for a business stay.

Nice room, Comfy bed and clean bathroom.

Good hotel, worth seeking out due to the great authentic Japanese restaurant
    • Standard Single Room

I was in a ground floor room in the main building. I think the soundproofing of the door onto the main corridor could have been better; early evening I could very clearly hear people walking and talking - overnight it was quiet and there was no problem though.

Accommodation is good - my room was a fair size, clean, well lit, large bathroom and with tea, coffee and hot chocolate making facilities. What makes the hotel worth choosing over others in the area is the excellent restaurant. They have a very nice range of high quality British options - but also an unexpectedly comprehensive Japanese menu (I believe they're used by visitors to a nearby Japanese motor company). I'm a frequent visitor to Japan - and the food at Stanton house is authentically what you'd find at a restaurant in Tokyo. Even at breakfast, Japanese 'natto' is available, which is very unusual to see in the UK. It's an acquired taste (which I haven't acquired!) so I happily enjoyed the excellent English hot buffet options they also have.

Nice property offering adequate accommodation. Great staff.
    • Executive Double Room

No cafe or lounge serving anything mid-morning. Breakfast choice was dull.

Standard hotel with pleasant room. Staff very good, professional and friendly.

A nice, character hotel in a lovely setting.
    • Classic Twin Room

The restaurant has no mushroon-free vegetarian options on the menu. The lovely, helpful restaurant manager arranged for salads with grilled vegetables to be made for us. The food was very nice but it felt awkward to have to ask for something special.

Clean, comfortable room with a beautiful bathroom. Nice staff.

Nice hotel for one night. Check website booking carefully

I thought I had booked breakfast but it was some "grab and go" option which had to be upgraded. No idea where the mistake occurred but I am experienced at booking exactly what I want. The bar is very odd. It is in a corner of the dining room and not very welcoming.

Comfortable room with a great shower. The hotel is in a nice setting.

Pleasant for the setting, room and bed.
    • Executive Double Room

Couldn’t control temperature of shower. The morning receptionist didn’t understand what I was trying to tell him about a broken tap which controlled the temperature.

Friendly helpful receptionist on arrival. Big room. Comfy bed. Beautiful setting although not there long enough to enjoy it fully.

very pleasant stay, will come again
    • Classic Double Room

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean. Great location, it was a shame weather was wet and windy as we would have walked around the grounds

Beautiful location, excellent food and a good nights sleep.
    • Executive Double Room

Rooms - carpets and furniture are looking very tired and could do with updating.

Reception, bar and restaurant areas have been renovated to a high standard and in keeping with the age of the building. Staff are professional, polite and always on hand to ensure your stay is an enjoyable one.

A very well managed Wedding venue with great staff.
    • Classic Double Room

We were disappointed with our bathroom in our room as the toilet had walls either side and there was not much room to use the toilet. There was a display on the dressing table offering deals on food but this was 3 weeks out of date which made us question how well the room had been made up for us. When it came to the evening party at the wedding we had to leave the hotel at reception and go to another entrance of the building, this was confusing as the buildings are linked to each other , Just glad it was not raining.

We were very impressed with the building and the grounds. The staff were very helpful and polite. The food was lovely and the staff at breakfast were very pleasant and helpful. We were there to celebrate my Cousins wedding which was done very well.

Overall Good
    • Classic Twin Room

The car park needs to be better lit. The sign needs to be on the left hand side of the road coming from Swindon - on A361 we ended up in Highworth in the dark.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Highly recommended
    • Standard Single Room

Room a bit "corporate" in style Decor needs a little updating

Beautiful location, quiet and rural whilst being close to town and main travel links Quiet room Comfy bed Large bathroom Good value Helpful staff

Okay but wouldn't rush back
    • Classic Double Room

TV remote failed to work, bed was a little lumpy and possibly needing new mattress. Car park very poorly lit. Receptionist on check out was poor, failed to acknowledge I was even there as she was dealing with other guest. Not expecting to be dealt with first but do expect to be at least greeted.

Good sized room with clean and spacious bathroom.

Delightful relief after the problems I encountered with another hotel, in the area.
    • Executive Double Room

A lovely hotel with very friendly staff. Eating breakfast late meant things had been well turned over but could have waited for freshly cooked. Dinner was superb. The room was comfortable but having a shower over a bath is difficult for me to deal with. I couldn't fault the staff for their consideration and helpfulness. I will most definitely be staying there again.

Problem not solved
    • Standard Single Room

When we arrived, the recepcionist was rude with us when she told us that until 2pm was not possible to checkin. I had a problem with the toilet cistern. I told the recepcionist about the problem and asked if it was possible to fix it because I was going to be out of the room. When I arrived to my room at 10:30 pm the cistern was broken and I had to use the keetle to pour water in the toilet. I would asked to change the room but it was late at night.

The building is amazing.

Deteriorated greatly since a previous visit.
    • Standard Single Room

Decor and furnishings were shabby and boring. Food was dreadful. Japanese menu had very little choice and dishes were of poor quality. Extremely disappointing.

Lovely building from the outside

Great value for money, lovely room, great food, beautiful wedding
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast buffet was never enough out , as soon as they filled up the tray of something it was emptied as it was just a small portion.

Food was excellent !

Far and small room but good view of surrounding.
    • Standard Single Room

Very far away from any sightseeing and would be very hard to get to and to anywhere without a car. Very small room .

The surrounding is beautiful and good for a walk.

Excellent place to stay and we enjoyed our few days there. Would definitely recommend it.
    • Classic Double Room

We found nothing to complain about.

Stanton House Hotel was perfect for my wife and I to tour around the Cotswolds. Central to all that we wanted to see. The staff were excellent, the room was reasonably large and the en-suite was clean. Although we paid for breakfast there was plenty of choice and plenty to eat.

very good value for money
    • Classic Double Room

the restaurant setting could be improved

our room was so romantic, giving on this very nice park with the sheep in the grass as soon as you open the window in the morning! A perfect getaway.

Comfortable & relaxing stay - have already mentioned Stanton House to our travelling friends.
    • Classic Double Room

Waitress on first evening had limited English & knowledge of Japanese dinner menu but she may have been a recent addition to the staff. Male waiter on second evening was excellent - he mentioned he is coming to Australia ( Mildura ) to work in November.

A lovely weekend retreat
    • Standard Single Room

A great hotel on the outskirts of town, very modern with a nice ambience & efficient staff. The breakfast was good with a nice selection of hot cold food. We ate in the restaurant which had a Japanese & English menu with plenty of choice whichever you choose. Good kids menu too....my granddaughter decided to eat her huge fish fingers with the chopsticks provided for the Japanese menu 😀

Excellent hotel. We were just a bit unlucky with the plumbing.
    • Classic Double Room

In the evening the flush of the toilet started playing up and in the morning it no longer worked. I looked inside the cistern and there was nothing I could adjust or report as broken, so something hidden within the mechanism had packed up. I therefore had to improvise a flushing method. This was annoying and put a dampener on an otherwise very good stay.

Very elegant hotel, well-looked after. Our room was classy and for a modest price. The food in the restaurant was very good. The Japanese menu in particular was a pleasant surprise for my South Korean wife.

Appalling! And I told them so too with a full list of unhappies for £115 per night.
    • Classic Twin Room

Bar closed for the 2 evenings we stayed due to wedding venues and no staff available to serve staying paying customers. Cracked sink in room as well as cup rings on half the furniture and long cobweb hanging from ceiling. No replenishment of coffee, sugar or tea. Overcharged on final bill of extra breakfast and a room service fee. Totally understaffed.

Lovely property with views of the countryside and a lake.

Lovely grounds and room was comfortable and clean.
    • Standard Single Room

It took ages for someone at reception to serve me which was rather frustrating after a 3 hour journey. The room was quite near the bar and there was a noisy group in there until quite late.

Lovely grounds and room was comfortable and clean.

Beautiful, peaceful location and great breakfast.

Can't think of anything.

Very comfortable rooms, and quiet too. Hotel in a really peaceful, beautiful setting. The inclusive grab and go breakfast was a great benefit.

Once again a good stay
    • Classic Single Room

Did leave it late for breakfast, so some things had run out- my fault!!

I stay here whenever I can as I know I will get a nice clean room, with a comfortable bed, and a good breakfast. With the bonus of good wifi!

Reception staff friendly, the food good but problems with the waiting staff, bedrooms comfy.
    • Standard Single Room

The restaurant staff were very disorganised and no one came to clear the main course or offer a dessert. The chairs were not comfortable and the room was stuffy until another guest asked them to put the ac on.

the towels were really fluffy and the bed linen was nice and crisp

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Would not stay again, so obvious staff not into customer service.
    • Classic Single Room

The bedroom, the view was very poor, the room was as far away from reception as possible, crazy when the hotel was empty. I mentioned it and was told it's a single room.

overnight stay to tack part in Cotswolds Triathlon

evening meal expensive and dining room needs a bit of tlc , tables scatched blinds shut despite gorgeous grounds as a cosnsequence we didnt bother with breakfast

Beautiful grounds and setting, rooms vclean and tidy but nothing exceptional. No leisure facilities which whilst known at time of booking surprising for a hotel of this size.

Peaceful, delightful, unique
    • Executive Double Room

The room was very hot with no air conditioning, but I should have asked for a fan.

Beautiful location and building with it's own lake. Very peaceful. Executive room spacious and clean, bed very comfortable. The Japanese food menu is just wonderful, as you would expect, being owned by Honda! A few drinks on the patio before dinner, a nice conservatory if it's chilly and space in the Japanese style restaurant to sit in the bar. The staff were very accommodating. That evening was 'outdoor film night', the night was balmy, the terrace packed with rugged up people on deckchairs, gave a very unique and special atmosphere. Really hope they continue to do this!

awful boring and completly a waste of money
    • Standard Single Room

the rooms where terrible the breakfast was completely uneatable. the staff were very unapproachable and non understanding. totally disappointed and under my expectations and not as described in listing. the only good thing I can say as it was central to the locations I needed to go apart from that I wont stay there again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone

the grounds were amazing and stunning to view

disappointing
    • Standard Single Room

It was overall a very disappointing experience. On the picture the hotel seems like a small, friendly plac instead it was a big hotel full of people. There was a wedding so it was busy too. The walls are paper thin and the doors are heavy and super loud so I couldn't sleep all night disturbed every 10 mins of the banging noises. The corridors and the rooms were smelly, the carpet and the walls are stained, and it is just so depressing inside. The room was clean and the bed was okay. It was very poor value for 69 for a tiny single room with no sleep and the breakfast is way overpriced for what you get as well. Do not recommend.

Lovely hotel close to the Cotswolds.
    • Standard Single Room

Nothing, all was fine and dandy!

Very nice and comfortable hotel. It was my second stay there and I will hopefully have the opportunity to stay again in the not too distant future. I rated the breakfast but both this time and the last I only had the "grab and go" breakfast. That included an absolutely scrumptious croissant!!

Stanton was pretty good.......
    • Classic Double Room

Room was a little dated but pleasant. There were no bar snacks just restaurant eating. However I could have had room service with a more casual menu (no idea why it had to be eaten in your room!?)

Lots of easy to use parking, in a really rural location. Swift check in and out, so no need to stand around for ages while the guests in front ask every question under the sun! Breakfast was just a "Grab and Go" concept (I didn't).

Beautiful place, beautiful room, beautiful food
    • Executive Double Room

It was promised the bar would be open later, unfortunately they didn't keep it open to the agreed time. The breakfast even though it was lovely there was a long wait even though they knew there was a wedding party and all the guests had stayed they hadn't catered for the volume of food consumed. We had to wait 20+minutes for the cooked breakfast to be replenished and because the queue was so long it was disappearing as fast as it came out which wasn't very fast

The cream tea and afternoon tea were very good. We have promised to go back just for them

Lovely hotel close to the Cotswolds
    • Standard Single Room

Very nice hotel is a nice quiet location. Many of the guests are Japanese as the hotel is close by the Honda factory and, as it turns out, is owned by Honda. There was even a menu in the room of the daily Japanese specials in the restaurant. Only stayed one night but would definitely stay again.

Fantastic setting....
    • Classic Double Room

More comfortable chairs in room would be welcome.

All staff welcoming and friendly. Good bar. Offer a @carry away breakfast which is very good. Excellent croissants. Good coffee. Wonderful walks around the hotel. Very impressive original art-work on display.

Location, grounds, conservatory, food, friendly staff.

We were celebrating my mums 80th birthday. She could not use the shower as it is within the bath and not accessible for her sadly

Location, grounds, conservatory, food, friendly staff. Thank you to Vicky in the restaurant for her help.

Beautiful place disappointing nights stay
    • Classic Double Room

It took me just under an hour to have a shower and hair wash, the drain was blocked so I had to keep turning the shower off so the water didn't over flow into the bathroom.Not relaxing!!!!!! I reported it to the reception it would have been nice if they even offered me a completely breakfast

Beautiful location and building

Nice enough, let down by little things.

The advertised on site Japanese restaurant is closed. We wanted an early tea at 5pm so we had to eat from the lunch menu in the conservatory as the main restaurant didn't open until 6, the menu was a mix of Japanese and more English food however half of what we ordered wasn't available. The staff didn't speak very good English and at times disappeared from the bar entirely.

The rooms were a good size, clean and comfortable. The conservatory by reception was a lovely place to have a cup of tea. Plenty of parking and relatively easy to find. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful.

Croissants were excellent.
    • Classic Single Room

The tv didnt work fully until the 2nd night. Recepyion said they would organise someone to look at it - but they clearly didnt. This left a bad impression

Croissants were excellent. The surroundings of the hotel were beautiful. Also quiet The hotel buildings looked good Good value for money

Good value, beautiful setting and property with good facilities
    • Standard Single Room

Bed wasn't the most comfortable, noisy during night with people walking up and down corridor outside

Lovely grounds, nice area, beautiful property, staff friendly, very clean, nicely decorated

Beautiful property and an overall nice stay.
    • Classic Double Room

Using the shower was a little difficult to start. The device to turn from the bath to the shower was quite difficult to switch. I also found the room to be somewhat "dated" in the fact that trying to find outlets to plug our phones to charge were in inconvenient places such as near the ground by the bed. However, the room itself was very comfortable and I liked the idea of having a fridge in the room. One last thing however, was that when I initially made the booking, breakfast was included, however when checking in, the breakfast 'included" in the price of the room was considered a "grab & go" and not the buffet breakfast. There was an additional charge for the sit-down breakfast. This should be made known when booking the room in advance and not when checking in. Very disappointed in that.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I especially liked the hairdryer in the bathroom which it makes it very easy to dry your hair. Amenities were nice and the view from our room was beautiful overlooking the lawn and water

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Lovely place
    • Classic Double Room

This is crying out to be a 4 or 5 star hotel just needs more staff and decor in bedroom updating no slip mat in bath

Lovely setting with impressive building

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

The location and outside appearance of the property is great
    • Executive Double Room

The bedroom decor is dark and very dated and the restaurant is more a "canteen" than what you would expect from a modern day hotel.

The location and outside appearance of the property is great

Well worth a visit
    • Executive Twin Room

Sofa in the room looked very inviting but when sat on it was clear it had seen better days so not so comfortable

Friendly staff, lovely comfortable clean bed and bathroom

3 star! you are kidding.
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing was of any concern with perhaps one observation and that was the pillows though I am being very fussy there. It was not something I felt necessary to raise.

I am surprised this is only categorised as a three star hotel. This hotel made a real change in every way from the usual P Inn hotels. In this case the rate here was at a lower price than the local P Inn and in every way was excellent. The weather helped as one could enjoy a drink on the terrace before an excellent meal as well as a walk around the grounds. Very hard to believe that this hotel is so close to Swindon. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful and prompt in dealing with any requests.

Rooms were very dated and smelt so had to keep the windows...
    • Executive Double Room

Rooms were very dated and smelt so had to keep the windows open constantly. Buffet breakfast was poor kept having to ask for items to be replaced as they had run out at 9:30am when breakfast finished at 10am. We were told they had run out of mushrooms which I struggle to believe more like they didn't want to cut them up and cook them for us! Started packing away at 9:50am so had to ask for orange juice to be brought back out as we were still eating and thirsty..

Great stopover hotel with an excellent restaurant.
    • Classic Double Room

Our standard room was smallish therefore the dark wood and dark furniture made it feel even more so. The restaurant room was vast and soulless

Our evening meal was excellent. The following day, the breakfast was superb. The restaurant staff were very well trained and amenable.

Good stay at Stanton Manor
    • Standard Single Room

I was helping at a big event at STEAM Swindon and the hotel provided a nice place to stay. There was a wedding which initially worried me but it was dead quiet in the room at night.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Beautiful Hotel and Experience.
    • Classic Double Room

The shower is not the best thing of the hotel, but this is just detail. The room is really beautiful and comfortable. If you're not with a car I won't advise you to stay there.

Dinner and breakfast were exceptional! really amazing. Nice staff. They have gigantic gardens, full of sheeps, it's really cute. The location is perfect if you're by car and the parking is really good also.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The evening meals were very nice.
    • Classic Double Room

Pre cooked breakfasts under lights being kept warm, not good

The evening meals were very nice. Chris was a credit to you and his level of service for someone so young was a pleasure to see.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Relaxing and enjoyable - very pleasant and helpful staff.
    • Standard Single Room

The dining room and hotel areas we quite cold and even my bedroom and bathroom could have been warmer. The coffee at breakfast was not good, the food also mediocre and hardly warm.Very relaxing and

The staff were friendly and helpful and my room was very clean and comfortable. I enjoyed sitting in the conservatory, also walking in the adjacent park. The Japanese food was a welcome change too.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

We loved everything! thank u so much!!
    • Classic Twin Room

The heater could have been a bit low, some nights was too hot.

Me and my partner stayed for 4 days, everything was spectacular, the food, the service, the cleaning too. We loved everything! We will definitely be back !!! Thank you so much for the nice welcoming.😊🌸💋💋

5.5
    The grounds and gardens were lovely
    • Executive Double Room

The " English manor house" was most disappointing !!! this is not a hotel ...... it is more of a convention centre / wedding venue . There is really very little of that English country house appeal here. The restaurant has more of a cafeteria feel to it and the food awful ! Beware of ordering the mixed grill ! the steak was burnt yet raw inside. Primarily Japanese cooking ( and bad Japanese cooking at that ) we were very, very disappointed

The grounds and gardens were lovely

Great location out in the countryside but about 15 minutes...
    • Standard Single Room

Room was a bit noisy (lift motor/ventilation fans?) but didn't disturb me too much.

Great location out in the countryside but about 15 minutes from the town centre in a lovely (former) manor house. Made my girlfriend really jealous when I told her about the Katsu curry I had!

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

A relaxing stay in a stunning location.
    • Classic Double Room

Excellent choice of English and Japanese food. Hot, plentiful and well cooked. Spacious bedroom with nice view. Fridge and beverage making facilities. Friendly, courteous staff.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Great place for a short stay.
    • Standard Single Room

The room was so small I had to use the desk to put my suitcase on. Couldn't leave it on the floor as I'd have tripped over it.

The water pressure for the shower was excellent.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Friendly staff and very welcoming
    • Classic Double Room

In a very lovely location next to Stanton Park. Great location for walks and people with dogs. Lovely meal in the evening Celebrated anniversary

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

A very pleasent stay
    • Standard Single Room

A less than warm welcome from the lady at the front desk, did give a sense of apprehension to the stay.

The ambience was excellent, the staff polite and very willing to help and the environment was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Location was beautiful.
    • Classic Double Room

Staff on reception could have been more welcoming

Location was beautiful. Room was really nice, bed comfy, spotlessly clean. Restaurant and bar staff very helpful

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Beautiful Country break.
    • Double Room with Four Poster Bed

Perfect Hotel. Beautiful, friendly and great service. We stayed over Christmas and enjoyed the 4 poster bed suit with private terrace overlooking the lake. The hotel and surroundings are truly stunning. Staff extremely friendly and efficient. Food is of high standards at a good price. I would highly recommend Standon House Hotel. We look forward to visiting again. Thank-you.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Manageress tries to charge customer for two rooms even after her staff spot the error
    • Classic Single Room

The manageress who tried to charge me for two rooms. Her staff had alerted her earlier in the day that it looked like a mistaken double booking,. Rather then call or e-mail me to check. She insisted on arrival that I would have to pay for both rooms. Hotels.com cancelled the second booking; and they came out of this looking much better than Stanton House. De Vere Swindon now has my business.

Rooms.