Reviews of Staybridge Suites Newcastle 4 stars

Buxton Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6NL, United Kingdom

9.7

9.7

• King Studio

Approach best from (lower) river side, as upper main road not very inviting. The suites are in a side road, which is fine.

Impressed even before we arrived because as soon as I booked we received an email confirming the request we had made for a walk in shower would be fulfilled. Staff excellent and very considerate. Superb breakfast. Great wi-fi. Facility provided to print tickets for shows much appreciated. Room spacious and very well-equipped, with chairs, desk, kitchen. Well insulated: pleasantly quiet. Plenty of complimentary tea and coffee.

• Standard Suite

Rooms were far too hot and the windows can't opened. We asked and were told twice someone would bring a fan which they never did and I have a lung condition so struggled very much in the room at night.

Breakfast was lovely, rooms were fantastic and stuff were very helpful.

• King Studio

The room was very clean and fairly spacious with a small kitchen, sofa and very good shower. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel is in a great location to explore the city of Newcastle. We walked from the hotel down to the quayside and into the city centre so left the car in the free car park at the back of the hotel.

• Deluxe Studio Suite Quayside View

Damp smell in the corridor, luckily the room didn't have the same smell.

Spacious, modern and clean room with nice view. Complimentary coffee and sparkling water were nice surprice.

• King Studio

Bed extremely comfy stafff excellent very relaxing, excellent location for pubs and quayside only 3 pound into Newcastle in taxi, everywhere in walking g distance will certainly stay afain

• King Studio

Each room has a full kitchen. They have free laundry facilities, There is 24 hour free hot drinks (including hot chocolate) in the lobby and still and sparkling water on tap. Breakfast was really great. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The bathrooms were wonderful and larger than average. The rooms had a couch that also reclined.

• Standard Suite

The only downside for us was the distance into town. We tried to walk it but got lost. However an Uber into town was only £3.

Suites were fantastic. Everything you could possibly need. Very comfortable bed. Reception staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hotel. So much choice and really good quality.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Honestly can't think of anything - other than moving it closer to the city centre (15 mins away) or the river (5-10 mins away) or St James' Park (half an hour). However, we were happy to walk. The weather was nice and it was good to get some exercise.

We had a one bedroom suite. There was everything we could have wanted and more. Loved the coffee on tap 24 hours a day. Staff were super friendly, polite, helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Very nice breakfast - lots of choice - wouldn't normally have chosen waffles but the waffle maker looked like fun so shared a freshly made waffle with my husband topped with delicious berries and honey (the waffle, not the husband).

Can’t say anything negative

Good location room spacious and clean great facilities. Staff really friendly check in quick and efficient. Plenty of secure parking. Breakfast 10/10 for choice and quality of food

• One-Bedroom Suite

Shame there's no pool. Also, I personally would like windows in my room that open, even if it's just a crack, but it didn't really impact on my stay. Air con was great. Location was fine for us but some might want to be closer to the centre (10-15 min walk).

Excellent suite with modern kitchen, en suite with bath and great shower, comfy bed and sofa bed, a tv in each room and all the cooking and eating crockery, equipment and utensils you could need. Large fridge with ice box. Even a dishwasher! Nice complimentary coffee for the cafetiere. The hotel felt sociable and the staff were lovely. Breakfast is included and it's the usual buffet scrum but time it well and you have a fine experience. Even at peak times there's no delay really as staff are frequently replenishing the hot food. At the weekend they bring out the waffle iron! So brilliant making your own waffles. Good location away from the stag and hen nights. 2 min walk to the quayside. I suppose it's geared towards corporate guests but they certainly made us feel weekend (6 year old in tow).

• Deluxe Studio Suite Quayside View

No bath in our suite, only a shower. Would be nice to be able to choose this option on line. This option can depend on the type of accommodation booked, but it is not clear on booking.

Would highly recommend. We made our own waffles in the breakfast bar on Sunday! Quite tasty!

• Studio

My only criticism is the button number/floor 5 in lift on the left didn’t work.

Everything was great, the people (Catarina at reception), the venue and the rooms!

• King Studio

stayed in a King Suite - beautiful rooms, fully equipped with everything you need we will definitely be back!! Free WIFI Safe parking Lovely breakfast

• Standard Suite

Lovely room and all staff excellent, especially the two fellas who let us in about midnight and then ordered us a pizza. Great idea having coffee and water available in the bar area 24 hours a day. Good location too.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Bedroom slightly smaller than normal

A separate lounge and it had barbecue free for guests to meet and drinks tea coffee and booze at all times. Staff were exceptional in they could do all they can to help

• Studio

Well, I guess there could have been a better view from my room, but given where the hotel is located at I couldn't ask for more. Pretty quiet vicinity, so no real complaints here :)

Open buffet type like breakfast was certainly a plus. Clean, friendly staff, spacious rooms. Close to the city center. Price for a room bearable. Parking behind the hotel.

The whole service

Daughter was on hospital on saturday night and sunday day so couldn't make it. I have proof of this but they still charged me 120 pounds

• One-Bedroom Suite

If I Could add anything, I would like to be able to open a window. But the air conditioning is great and quite so no biggy.

We have stayed at the Staybridge two times now. We love it. Location is great, the staff are always delightful and welcoming . Breakfast is amazing and the social evenings are an added bonus. Would well recommend to anyone visiting Newcastle.

I liked all of it.

The bed was extra comfy, the breakfast was great (even though I only have porridge) and I was delighted to still get something to eat even though I was leaving for the airport at 5.45 am! Second time here and I will be back.

• Studio

It was a fab apartment for a great price. Very big, clean and had everything you need. One of the best places I've stayed. Definitely be back.

• King Studio

We found the whole experience of stopping at the Staybridge suites very enjoyable and relaxing. The hotel met and exceeded our expectations. Great location, the hotel was very clean and smart. We loved the idea of free tea and coffee facilities.

• Deluxe Studio Suite Quayside View

The cooked items on the breakfast menu are a wee bit limited but to be fair there are are reasonable amount of options and you can load up and take a tray to your room, which is encouraged and a nice option to have.

Everything at your fingertips, the literal home from home! I was really surprised by how good this place was and the staff could not have been friendlier. Very hand having the wee shop on site even though there was no bar.

• King Studio

The one thing that spoilt my stay was the car park charges. I think car parking should definitely be free as its on the hotels grounds. This added charge is totally wrong.

Friendliness of staff. Cleanliness of room and comfy bed.

• King Studio

Very comfortable bed. Excellent power shower and envigorating bathroom products. Very friendly helpful staff. Ideal walking distance from centre and sights.

• Standard Suite

Only problem I had was connecting to Wi-Fi as the Hotel free Wi-FI did not come up on my list so had to ask reception to fix it. They could have more fruit available for breakfast as only Apples and my partner likes a Banana in the morning!

Stayed before last year and got the same style suite again. Can't fault the location or quality of rooms, fantastic shower and very comfortable bed. Would never stay anywhere else if visiting Newcastle as a few minutes walk to Quayside and on-site parking.

• Deluxe Studio Suite Quayside View

Lot of sockets not working in room and breakfast poor no beans or tomatoes out wen we had our breakfast and scramble egg was worst ever

Very clean throughout the whole hotel staff very very friendly would I come back yes if they sort breakfast out

• Standard Suite

Lady on reception in the morning looked like she had just spat out a wasp. Very blunt. Didn't seem the helpful sort

Check in extremely slow using booking.com ending in us being 30 mins late for a party we were attending, not good! Bed was comfy room was clean

• One-Bedroom Suite

The location isn’t great. It’s cut off from town and quayside by dual carriageways. Immediate surroundings are run down. I wouldn’t class it as a city centre location. Shower over bath poor given the size of the room

Lovely large room. Very clean and well presented Breakfast was great

• Standard Suite

Loved the room and the welcome drink and nibbles...slept amazingly well and the breakfast was wonderful. Staff we extremely helpful and friendly. Thanks for a great stay

• One-Bedroom Suite

The one bed suite was lovely everything in very good condition and very clean. The complimentary breakfast had everything you need from cereals, pastries cooked food and fresh fruit. There is complimentary hot drinks available all day that includes things like cappuccinos/lattes etc. I would highly recommend

• Standard Suite

American style you make it what you want - self service with a touch of class for that glass of wine. A a little walk to the Quays and walking distance to the shops. Back in December for Xmas shopping

• King Studio

The reception staff were lovely, very welcoming. We arrived early but were given free coffee and they said we could leave bags while we wandered about in the sunshine. Really cannot recommend this place enough. Although lots of places have nice fixtures and fittings, this one has great staff, that seem happy x

• Deluxe Studio Suite Quayside View

Excellent stay- these are apartments with everything you need, including a fully equiped kitchen. I liked the attention to detail- nice coffee in room, luxury cosmetics, other small touches. Pantry downstairs handy for buying essentials. Excellent location for university campus too.

• King Studio

Cheaper - possibly free parking (especially on quite weekends where parking spaces were available).

I could not fault our stay at this hotel - priced well within the competing market. The staff were very professional and welcoming, with a friendly approach they were all very willing to help and try and improve your stay as best they could. The rooms were immaculate, beds were comfortable and the facilities were beyond. (Especially the shower gel and moisturise which I fell in-love with) Breakfast service was lovely with a wide variety catering for all needs and ages, however the ONLY complaint I could have made during my stay was that there was chopped tomatoes instead of beans. Overall, I would recommend this to families, couples and people on business trips as me and my partner will certainly booking with this hotel company again.

• Studio

Nothing major... but the pillows need replacing.

Staff are very friendly and attentive. Breakfast is quite good. Location was good. Would recommend it.

• Deluxe Studio Suite Quayside View

Description of room. I needed a one bedroom suite.I booked a deluxe suite which I assumed was bigge since it was more expensive. Sadly it was considerably smaller and only one bef☹

Location and informal aspect versus a standard hotel Staff were smart and helpful

• Studio

I could not manage to get use of the internet in the room, I used the provided WiFi code but still could not access the internet.

The staff at reception were very friendly and welcoming The room was clean, comfortable and quiet which was a great bonus.

• Deluxe Studio Suite Quayside View

Only 1 minor issue was our room (601) was next door to the lifts which were quite noisy going up and down all night, needed earplugs. On my next stay I'd defo request a room away from them.

Hotel was in a perfect location 5 minute walk to the quayside, rooms were spacious and very clean. Lovely comfortable bed and huge shower. The breakfast was excellent huge choice to pick from, cooked, cereals, croissants, fruit, even had a waffle maker :) would definitely stay here again.

• King Studio

My room was very cold. I would turn the heat all the way up, but it never got warm. Thankfully, the weather outside wasn't bitter cold.

Excellent stay. Very friendly and helpful staff and comfortable bed. Breakfast was excellent and got me through the day until dinner time. Will stay there again if I make it back to Newcastle.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Lovely clean room, lots of facilities within room. Staff very helpful, especially Sam on breakfast who befriended my 10 year old son making his stay very enjoyable. Would definitely recommend and return in the future.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I can't fault this hotel at all.

On arrival the staff where friendly and welcoming. The hotel was lovely with great facilities. Great breakfast and free coffee/ hot chocolate all day and night. I travelled with my partner and 2 children and can't fault the hotel. The hotel is in a great location not far from the quayside and shops. I would certainly recommend this hotel and it's the second time I have stayed here. I will certainly be back.

• King Studio

Toilet paper a little rough!

Really friendly welcome from staff. In a good location close the Quayside, with its onsite parking. Good breakfasts options something for everybody,plus free tea and coffee at anytime! Our first visit to Newcastle but have stayed at this brand of hotel before and never been disappointed yet.

• Studio

Great experience from checking in to arriving at our suite. Everything you would possibly need for a short stay including pans,microwave and even a dishwasher. Comfy bed,small living area and nice bathroom. Breakfast variety was good and plentiful with a food and drinks to suit most tastes. Overall a very pleasant experience and I'm sure we will be back.

• King Studio

Great staff and friendly welcome. Everything was perfect and we had a great stay. Good to have a sofa and kitchen area and would consider for a longer stay next time. Breakfast was amazing and love the variety offered. Highly recommend on all counts .

• One-Bedroom Suite

Unfortunately the beds were very soft , especially the camp bed for my daughter. It would not have taken 2 children.

Loved the location and the space in the rooms. The staff were lovely - couldn't do enough for you. Breakfast was great , lots of choice .

• King Studio

Booked suite as close to Northumbria university as attending s gymnastics competition. Short walk to town and sights. Very comfortable and friendly staff. Would definitely stay again.

• Standard Suite

This is a lovely place to stay, rooms are great the staff are so friendly and can’t do enough for you. Location is good too. I would definitely stay here again .

• Deluxe Studio Suite Quayside View

The general format of the hotel suite package, the way things were done, and the staff ethic and way of making you feel at home, rather than an hotel.

The mix and match facilities in the suit, with the added min kitchenette. The way the staff, we're always on avaliable, but never in your face or intusive. Plus very accommodating when our family came to meet us the hotel. Parking etc.....

• King Studio

The gym is teeny tiny but that's coming from an exercise addict! Lots of people might think it's fine!

Staff are FABULOUS, cant do enough for you. Monday - Wednesday evenings, there is a 'social' in the reception area where canapes and beer & wine are served FOC. The rooms are brilliantly kitted out, you couldn't ask for more. I wont stay anywhere else in Newcastle. Oh, and it's incredible VFM too!

• Deluxe Studio Suite Quayside View

Just that it neva had a proper bar was only down fall I felt but you could still get a drink from the 24hr pantry which still had great selection of drinks .

Rooms were very spacious and well equipped everything you could think of was there and was very clean

• Deluxe Studio Suite Quayside View

Make up mirror in bathroom and feather pillows would make it even better!

Room size fab. Shower gel and moisturing lotion were fantastic - nice and large unlike other hotels where they’re fine for one night but then run out!. Loved the extremely comfortable bed and the waffle machine at breakfast.

The gentleman on the reception, friendly, kind and really helpful, he told us where to go for food and he was great! He was from the Philippines we didn’t get his name.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The only moan was the sofa bed in lounge has possibly seen better days. We asked for an extra mattress which we got and we were kindly offered another room but only had one night left so declined.

The staff were excellent, extremely helpful and friendly. The apartments are a great idea with young children as a family room can be very cramped.

• Standard Suite

the front door is a bit complicated to open. the bed is a bit small for the people 195cm

very friendly staff and good breakfast , unlimited free coffee

• Deluxe Studio Suite Quayside View

There is nothing i didn't like.

Friendly staff. Well bend over backwards to help you. Clean and tidy rooms. Breakfast was amazing. Wish we could of stayed longer.

• Standard Suite

There is nothing to fault or dislike at all.

Our stay at Staybridge Suites was truly amazing and far exceeded our expectations. From checking in to checking out we were very well looked after. The staff were always friendly, welcoming and extremely helpful, with ever-present smiles. Nothing was too much trouble at all. Breakfast had all you needed to start your day with a good and varied selection of hot or cold choices, and constantly topped up so that nothing ran out. A good position and only a short walk into the city via the Quayside. A fabulous find and will most definitely recommend staying here.

• One-Bedroom Suite

We arrived at 11.. check in was 3 and within ten mins we were in our room. Everything immaculate ... free breakfasts and free drinks for an hour ... superb and excellent value for money

• Standard Suite

Lovely breakfast ! There was something for everyone.Nothing to negativity comment on.

Fabulous venue! The staff were brilliant they couldn't have been more helpful.

• One-Bedroom Suite

One mug wasn’t washed on the tray. Sofa bed was not comfortable. Breakfast bar not easy to use as juice or milk cartons are in the fridge, not easy to access. Not many hot food choices.

Self cater

• King Studio

The hotel was slightly off centre, however, it was rather plus as it was very quiet around.

Everything was perfect at this hotel. We liked the kitchen with all appliances, the bed was great, the room was spacious - it had a big screen TV and a reclining sofa. We had tasty coffee, hot chocolate and water downstairs available to us 24/7. The parking was next to the hotel and was only 15£ for the whole stay.

no negatives

staff reception pleasant and very helpful .room lovely spacious .Bed the most comfortable we've ever slept in .Nice view overlooking river .Breakfast very nice and plentyfull .one nice touch was the free 24 hr snack bar although we did'nt use it .Will defo be staying again we need a base now our daughter has moved up there .Thankyou

• King Studio

Nothing wrong with the property but on arrival I noticed I was chosen as guest of the day. This stated I would be spoilt during my stay at the hotel. There was nothing in the room to show this. I asked reception on checking out what the point of the of guest of the day was as I had not been treated any different to any other guest. The receptionist said I should have received things in my room. All she did was apologies. I wasn't offered anything other than an apology.

The room was quite big and had everything you would need for your stay. It had a very clean bathroom. The bed was very comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Suite

There seemed to be an unnecessary amount of light switches in our room and we couldn't get certain lights on.

We very much enjoyed our 2 nights at staybridge, the breakfast was lovely and the suites have everything you could possibly need. Staff were all very friendly and couldn't do enough for you, we requested fresh towels and they were delivered to our room promptly. The sofa bed was a little uncomfortable but it was only for children. Complimentary coffee and tea was a welcome treat especially as we stayed during the terrible weather!

• Deluxe Studio Suite Quayside View

From walking in to reception we were blown away by the most friendly professional person who greeted us. The suite was amazing, the hotel clean and surprisingly spacious. Would highly recommend

• Standard Suite

Cleanliness of the en-suite left a little to be desired. Toilet seat cover had streaky marks. Shower walls clean but joints not all clean.

Location was good and the staff were very friendly and welcoming.

• Deluxe Studio Suite Quayside View

Tv wasn’t working told staff on night no one looked or moved us told staff when left to no comment even emailed Hoyas no email bk what do u do when u been for a meal n no tv had to go tobed !!!!

Room loverly

• King Studio

was not at all impressed with the policy not to service rooms at the weekend, signs in the lift said that it was to ensure an uninterrupted sleep! I think rather it was not to pay the chambermaids at the weekend, we asked for the room to be serviced on Sunday at 10am and we were told yes no problem, back at 5 pm and still nothing done, on the way out for evening we asked again and this time a bale of towels was left on the bed, bins not emptied & bed not made etc.. very poor service.

was a fair price, clean and tidy hotel, good pleasant staff upon arrival and check out, however read my comments for what I did not like,

• Deluxe Studio Suite Quayside View

A slightly damp smell in the room......but not so bad as to spoil the stay....might just be an idea to have some sort of room freshener in there...?

The whole concept it great......but we especially loved the breakfast....and making your own waffle.....mmmmmmmmmm! Super to see local (Ringtons) tea and coffee in the rooms.....

• Studio

The pillows seemed a little hard, but that's a personal thing

The hotel staff were excellent, nothing was to much trouble. The rooms were great value for the money

Nothing at all

Location was very close to Quayside, Friendly staff, lovely rooms, very clean, secure car park, Unfortunately the lights tripped in our room, the staff were on hand within minutes, couldn't fix problem but changed our room instantly, hassle free, Will certainly be visiting Staybridge suites again in the future

• Studio

Nothing at all to dislike.

10/10. Best hotel experience so far. Staff go above and beyond. Breakfast was delicious. Room was immaculate and provided everything necessary. Shower was fab. Great location. Private parking is excellent. Would definitely recommend and will be returning soon!!!

Nothing to not like!

Everything was absolutely amazing! The staff were so friendly and helpful! Shame we couldn’t attend the Socail club as we were attending a concert elsewhere! Coming from a hotel back ground this exceeded my expectations! We would definitely stay again.

• One-Bedroom Suite

one of the smallest apartment I had in this city.

15 minute walk from the train station and near the quayside. 1 supermarket in the street and one take away restaurant 50 meter away. 2 TVs (1 in living room and 1 in the bedroom). Breakfast was good and plentiful. free coffee/tea all day near the reception.

• King Studio

The bathroom could have been warmer. I'm glad I packed my sheepskin slippers!!

The size of the suite and the comprehensive range of facilities in the suite.

• Standard Suite

My partner likes to workout so we were looking forward to that but were a little disappointed that there was no pool for afterwards.

Very comfy bed, huge - didn't want to leave it! Lovely hearty breakfast, excellent coffee, great hotel.