Reviews of Swindon Marriott Hotel 4 stars

Pipers Way, Swindon, SN3 1SH, United Kingdom

#3 of 18 hotels in Swindon

• Deluxe Queen Room

The reception staff were rude and didn't give any instructions upon check-in. The building including the restaurant and the rooms has a general dated feel, although is clean. The machines in the gym are very old and barely work.

The hotel is clean and is fit for basic needs of a business traveller. The breakfast was served quickly and restaurant staff were very accommodating.

• Deluxe Queen Room

wanted early access to room because of wedding to change into outfits and was denied it with 153rooms available you think one would be ready y 12.30pm on a Friday

reasonable comfortable hotel of the chain type usual facilities

• Deluxe Queen Room

All was lovely but access to the spa through either the bar or else outside of hotel not conducive to wearing the towelling robe and slippers provided in room to go direct to spa Had to switch off the airccon in room as expelling pungent stale air similar to smell from car airccon that needed re gassing

Beefburgers were delicious and meaty and service first class Bedrooms comfy and bedmatress soft Great nights sleep

• Deluxe Queen Room

The shower was pretty bad, not working to its full capacity probably due to limescale buildup, and the water jets were so fine and strong they actually hurt. The bed was comfortable but fairly small for a queen size, I remember turning during the night and being careful not to fall down. The window barely opened and the air conditioner smelled of mould, so we were pretty hot during the night. We spent the night on Saturday and I tried booking a couple of spa treatments the next day at their spa, but it closed on Sundays. And finally, the next day when trying to add an espresso to our breakfast (breakfast was included with the room charges but not the espresso), we were interrupted three times, first for room number, then to fill out our details plus room number (for the coffee bill), and finally because they simply couldn't wait and we had to go out and pay (while the espresso had arrived and my husband wasn't given the time to drink it). All in all, not a good value for money.

Hotel and rooms are beautiful, breakfast (even though I requested dairy and gluten free and they had no note of it) was fairly varied and tasty. Cleanliness is very good, and receptionist was lovely from beginning to end. My husband used the gym, swimming pool, sauna and shower downstairs and said they were really good.

• Deluxe Queen Room

One member of staff that worked in the bar was very rude gave me a flat glass of champagne I told him but he never said sorry and just gave me another one. We ordered food the same guy bought the condiments out I said thank you and he just grunted at me. He was not friendly at all.

Food was lovely breakfast the eggs was creamy just the way I like the m plenty of choice most of the staff was very polite and friendly bed was comfortable also.

• Superior King or Queen Room

I have nothing negative to say about this hotel.

The food was outstanding, the room was immaculate and the bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to get out of it. The location was excellent and in walking distance to the town. All in all a very comfortable stay, and we will definitely stay there again if the opportunity arises.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Really friendly check in, lovely staff. Pool is great (especially for the children). Beds were comfy. Breakfast was ample. Nice outside sitting area if the weather is decent. You need a car to venture out if you don’t want to stay and eat in the hotel, but there are places not that far away. Great place to stop off for a night with the children and very reasonable.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bathroom tired and recently renovated. Rather than putting in update bathroom/shower, the grouting had been painted over and non slip pads stuck in bath. For some bizarre reason, hotel removed fridges from all rooms approximately2 months ago! We always look for a room with a fridge to store our young daughter's milk/yoghurts etc.

Size of room was good, comfortable bed and good linen.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

We like everything in the hotel from the receptionist, to our room, the dining area and even checking out were all perfect. My family would to go back there at least twice a month or so.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The lighting combinations in the room were a bit of a pest to configure as was the heating, although that said, both, once sorted meant you could have the lighting and climate to suit. The pool area, whilst refurbished since our last stay had lots of broken areas in the grid around the pool. The jacuzzi being replaced by heated stone seats was disappointing and the tennis court has seen better days. All that said, we still enjoyed what was available and left feeling as though we'd had a good play together.

Excellent breakfast, comfortable beds, cleanliness - all as I would hope. A slight slip on one of our evening meals was dealt with very professionally by staff who clearly care about the service they provide videvand our experience. In spite of the slip - all the evening meals were very tasty.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Stayed 4 years ago, didn't like that there is no jacuzzi. Felt that the superior upgraded room was no different to a standard double, did not get the sofa/sofa bed as advertised.

The bed was comfy, breakfast.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Trying to get the attention of the staff when you walk in the restaurant it was hard,even though it says wait to be seated and thanks to a customer who pointed out to the staff that we were waiting there,then the waiter came just to look at the booking and said I will go and get the manager to find you a table.(which i did not understand as they were not that busy)The restaurant staff and kitchen staff I don’t think they made much sense,when I was told I cannot have fillet steak because it was to hot or something which I thought she was joking she said sorry that’s what the chef said,then she said you can have ribeye steak and no problem I will change you the same as fillet steak.when the bill came she did change me for a fillet which was more expensive I called her over and pointed out the mistake but she wasn’t convinced so I said check the menu and come back to me.then obviously she came back and apologised.No j20 no check back on food.Over all not what I expected and I will definitely not rush back...

• Deluxe Queen Room

The price of the breakfast . Went to Frankie and Bennys for a better priced breakfast with my friends . Despite stopping over in the hotel after attending a Formal function no discount on breakfast was allowed hence we didn't stay for it. Shame tho

Comfy bed brilliant air con control

• Deluxe Queen Room

key cards did not work - twice! when I got into the room it smelled awful, like the drains had backed up - changed rooms (and a free upgrade without asking) all was fine. room service rang me back twice to confirm my order and then again to tell me they had run out of one item and had to replace with another.

• Superior King or Queen Room

View from room wasn't great roofs of restaurant area but we didn't mind as only slept in there but I know some like a view.

Stayed here as part of a family wedding. Whole venue/weekend was great. Wedding reception & food was lovely. Booked a superior room (slightly bigger) very comfy & breakfast was splendid, plenty of choice.

• Deluxe Queen Room

As I left the car park my tyre caught on the curb on the left hand side of the parking space which separated the space from from the general driving lane. I was only pulling out, rather than going at speed, but unfortunately it shredded my tyre and I spent the next 3 hours in a local tyre fitters having to have it replaced :-( Other than that a pleasant stay.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bed, we found it very hard and difficult to sleep in.

My husband and I travelled for our granddaughters wedding, so there were quite a few of our family travelling and staying there. We were all happy with the hotel and personally we asked your staff for help regarding ordering a taxi for us to the airport on return and they were more than helpful, helping us to retrieve a better price for our journey. Much appreciated.

The Air conditioning unit was an ancient very noisy stand alone unit, we had to switch it off at night because of the racket. The hotel is marketed as "modern". There was an issue with the water system whereby we had no hot water for showers etc.. we were told of issue after we complained.. we wrote an email to the manager about this and to be fair we were credited for the room.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Pillows were a little uncomfortable. Room was next to the lifts so could hear them all night. Wedding happening so was loud but couldn’t be helped.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean and tidy room. Would highly recommend.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

We booked room only so cannot comment on the breakfast etc but the room itself with two double beds was excellent. Used the leisure facilities which were also of a very high standard.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The heating in the room was not so good. It’s a fan type which makes noise as it blows. So couldn’t use it in the night and ended up being cold. Toilet basin was not super clean to my standards. Toilet could do with a bit of more cleaning!

My room was spacious kids had enough space to play

• Deluxe Queen Room

Noisy at night. On both nights noisy fellow residents were shouting and talking in the corridors. Someone obviously drunk fell against our door. we were woken on both nights. Pillows are filled with foam and very high ask for feather pillows if you don't like them.

Excellent breakfast and the evening dining was also very good. Staff attentive, helpful and friendly. Good location near the Old Town in Swindon.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

I complained there was no hot water and staff did not get back to me. Tea at breakfast was cold. Swimming pool had dangerous lug sticking up

Location was good

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was closed, one of the reasons we booked this hotel. And our car got broken into in the car park so we left with a broken window and our nephews birthday present stolen.

Children loved the pancake station at breakfast

• Deluxe Queen Room

The only flaw about the hotel, is the coldness! So so cold in the restaurant area, the gym and the hotel room. The system in the room you will turn it off, but it wouldn’t turn off. The noise can be a bit loud when you are trying to sleep, apart from that it is perfect.

• Deluxe Queen Room

My room was spacious, peaceful and well appointed with thoughtful extras like an iron, hairdryer and bathroom essentials. The bed was very comfortable and the relatively late check-out time offered the opportunity for a leisurely start to the day. The breakfast exceeded my expectations. The bacon and sausages were particularly tasty. All of the staff came across as friendly and helpful as well as being very efficient.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Health club changing room looked a little tired and in need of some TLC. Service in restaurant was not great. The staff did not seem trained or like they understood the issues we raised.

Reception staff were lovely and the room was very nice. food was good.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

In some places it seems it would need a little freshening up. Air conditioning is only source of heat and it dries out air quickly.

Fabulous breakfast, very kind staff, comfortable size rooms, clean, nice gym, steam room, big TV & fridge

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The drunk group of men who banged on our door at 4am thinking it was their room, however they were on the wrong floor. Changing rooms for pool a little tired.

Staff were really efficient from reception to house keeping and breakfast team, couldn't fault any of them.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I asked for a quiet room and the pub downstairs was super noisy andcas compensation they offer me a drink meanwhile I have spent over 1000 pounds for three nights and my guests possibly another 600 pounds

• Deluxe Queen Room

I suffer with asthma, ventilation is important, condensation was bad, couldn’t sleep because of coughing, couldn’t open the window to help

Good location and facilities

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Really can't think of anything we didn't like.

We loved the warm pool and clean modern rooms. The breakfast was quality. All in all very good value for money. Would definitely stay again.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The air conditioning unit in the bedroom was extremely noisy and my friend passed comment about the exact same thing the next morning.

Overall everything satisfactory.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The only problem I had was that my room didn't have a shower on its own (as I am disabled but don't need a wheelchair friendly room ). The staff were very good a put a special little step in the bathroom so I could get into the bath to have a shower.

Everything! The rooms were lovely the staff fantastic. The breakfast was really good

• Deluxe Queen Room

It seem to take a long while to clear breakfast tables there was plenty of staff about but i think they wait till some one else can do it?? If every one works together tables would be cleared and set before people enter the dinning room and not be cleared and set up as guest arrived they need team work sorting 😊

The hotel is in the perfect place to see my daughter and grandchildren we can have a nice swim and a meal after and enjoy the evening nice to play pool with the children they really enjoy bless

• Deluxe Queen Room

Asked for a sandwich that cost us 19 pound and was terrible the lumps of cheese was not even cut they where in blocks there was no butter on the bread and salad was dry

Pillows were so comfortable

• Deluxe Queen Room

I felt the room was pleasent but the bathroom dated.

The female receptionist Alex...???? who checked me in on Friday evening was very helpful and informative. Sadly the same cannot be said of the lady who checked me out on saturday morning. Almost accusing me of lying when I said I had not taken breakfast.

Everything was good!

Stayed for two nights with my three daughters (12, 7 & 7). Wonderful pool, happy staff, plentiful breakfast. Our room was clean and spacious.

The bathroom was rather cold - there did not seem to be any form of heating.

Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We enjoyed a very nice breakfast with plenty of choice and a good supply of coffee.

• Superior King or Queen Room

The room we had didn't have a chest of drawers so nowhere to store small items that couldn't be hung up. The bed wasn't very comfortable like the others we had had before

Friendly cosy hotel . Room spacious & clean . This was our 3rd stay here

• Deluxe Queen Room

Fan heaters in rooms too dry restuant poor dinning room poor was booked out no seats had to eat in bar people walking through bar in robes service awful beds uncomfortable pillows poor very cold hotel expensive to eat in bar not enough seats.staff giving forms to fill in with somebody else's name on wouldn't go again

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast is great but could be more rich in terms of different selections such as dried grapes and nuts

Location is very close to old town which is good and safe very comfortable for a family stay

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy family in room next door and too many children causing chaos in dining room. Perhaps a separate area for small children, or signage to keep them out of service area.

Spacious rooms, pleasant staff and an easy walk into Swindon Old Town

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

There was nothing not to like. If pressed I found a slight chlorine smell in th lobby off putting, possibly cleaning fluid or from the pool. The heating/ air conditioning unit was very effective but noisy even on the low setting.

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms,good tea and coffee tray in bedroom, freshly cooked and presented breakfast buffet, comfortable public areas. Lovely pool. Nicely decorated for Christmas.

• Superior King or Queen Room

Staff asking me my personal details ie address and telephone number upon check in to gain WiFi in front of other male guests. For a women travelling on her own as I did this made me exceptionally uncomfortable. Receptionists did not smile once, looked like they didn’t want to be there. I stood at bar on my own for ten minutes before getting served in empty bar. Room - even with air con was cold and no extra blankets. Maid walked in whilst I was still in bed . For a superior room I would have expected more, it was a disappointing stay!

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were a bit narrow, but very comfortable

Friendly staff. Only had Breakfast at the hotel but it was great and well stocked. Had our 8 month old with us and the staff were helpful in supplying us high chair and bottle sterilising etc.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Could not find fault with anything at this hotel.

We very much enjoyed our short stay, the Hotel was exceptional, very friendly welcome. Our rooms were lovely, very clean, beds very very comfortable slept well. We were lucky to wake up to the sun shining through the window. Quite quiet on Floor three.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Fabulous staff and facilities. Large tv, warm pool. Couldn't believe how amazing and helpful the staff were, given it's a busy Christmas time. 10/10 customer service !!

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Staff where friendly, person who checked us in was very good, noticed there was a function on in the hotel that night and we would be right over the function room. Proactively moved our room so we would not be disturbed

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bacon at breakfast is limp, pale, fatty and soggy. I don't know why places serve bacon like this. It let the breakfast down. The scrambled eggs were watery so I had a fried egg which was perfect. The bedroom was cold and the only source to heat it was the air con unit which was extremely noisy. We couldn't sleep with the noise and couldn't sleep with the cold so it was not the good nights sleep it ought to have been. A real design flaw.

The swimming pool Is really warm, like a bath. It was bliss to my aching muscles. I travelled with my 8 year old son and we enjoyed 2 swims. Gorgeous pool!

• Superior King or Queen Room

bathroom & supplies were basic. Breakfast was nice but no-one around for pancakes, omelettes & fried eggs when I was down. Hotel is on line and modern which is very accessible but lacks the personal touch,Somewhat spooky to come back from evening meal to find chocolates on the pillow but nothing else changed.

Room was spacious and had a coffee machine for personal use.

• Superior King or Queen Room

Public areas poor layout with little separation between bar, dining and a minimal "lounge area". Children from a function racing around the dining area

Good parking.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The wifi was complicated and not obvious that it was free so I didn't bother to use it.

Excellent bathroom, comfortable bed, supper and breakfast very good. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Queen Room

leasure compless pool sauna steam...also the rooms were very good..

enjoyed our stay as we were there for the football w/end...as we both like to use the gym and leisure facilities .it was ideal for us...

• Deluxe Queen Room

Could do with a warmer duvet. A shower cubicle would have been preferred.

Excellent service throughout with very comfortable room. Very good location. A most enjoyable breakfast.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The extractor fan in bathroom didn't work properly so this caused the alarm to sound because of the steam.

The food served at the bar was delicious!! Friendly staff and very clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room

You have to pass through the restaurant and bar to get to the pool from reception.........

The room is a good standard three/four star hotel room. It has a heated indoor pool, sauna and steam room which is a positive add on.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

We felt some of the restaurant staff looked untidy- some with long, untidy hair; seemingly drab uniforms (if that was what they were wearing) but this is our opinion and it did not detract from the service or food

Excellent attitude of the staff: quality of hotel and accommodation: value for money which was excellent: excellent food Would stay again if in this area

The is not clean, smell of dust all over, they don't open the windows for clean air to come in for ages. I personally finished my one day stay there with bronchitis...

• Deluxe Queen Room

Walking through the restaurant to get to the pool

The staff were extremely helpful, the rooms were very comfortable and the restaurant food was also very good. Walkable to the nicer bar/restaurant area of Swindon also.

• Superior King or Queen Room

It’s actually cheaper to book direct with the Marriott rather than booking.com, Rooms were listed as £200+ on booking.com with a discount and we paid £80ish..... rates at hotel were £74.

Food and staff

I didn’t like leaving😊

My children and I had a wonderful time, we are in the process of moving home and it was a haven for us- the staff were fantastic, I would love to stay again!!

• Superior King or Queen Room

staff tries to get you to a membership in exchange for free wifi, after discussion, I got it for free without subscribing to membership and it worked well :-)

parking easy and free of charge, room ok, good breakfast, staff very friendly, nice little walk to the old town centre

n/a

Coffee making facilities with biscuits! We have stayed here a few times and the breakfast is very good with lots of choice. Quality of bacon/sausage also excellent.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room needed an upgrade. The airconditioning unit was old and too noisy to have on at nightime. The cleaning was not good in the room. The food in the bar/restaurant was expensive for the quality.

The staff were friendly and attentive. We chose the hotel because of the location.

• Deluxe Queen Room

No information booklet regarding all features and how to access them e.g. air conditioning, restaurant menu, room safe and fridge. Windows not opening enough to allow fresh air into room when not wanting air-con.

Friendliness of staff. Good food selection and well presented. Clean, light bathroom fully equipped.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Breakfast was really disappointing especially at £14.95 plus service charge which I think is very steep. Long wait for fried eggs etc .

Bed so comfortable and the bar area was really lovely

• Deluxe Queen Room

the fact that you had to go thru the bar to get to gym .... there was an outside entrance but if it was raining it was a mad dash

bed was very comfy .... breakfast excellent and good value

• Deluxe Queen Room

Windows need replacement. Lots of condensation on window sills. No tables available for dinner but Bar was OK.

Good Mattress. Quiet Room. Quality food in the Bar. reasonable Bar prices for a large Hotel. Spa. Pool too hot. Steam room excellent. We had a power issue in our room which was sorted quickly.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Good room, comfy beds, great leisure facilities. Smooth check in/out....and nice liike touches (like free milk & cookies and colouring packs for the kids!).

• Deluxe Queen Room

Would like a room with walk in shower

The staff are consistently warm and helpful. The breakfasts are tasty and plentiful and staff cannot do enough for residents. The room, bathroom and linen were all very clean.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

room a little noisy overlooking the front entrance for the hotel. would have been nice to have cold water in the empty mini fridge.

Very friendly helpful staff, Room facilities good, Dinner and breakfast both very good.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Specifically booked this hotel as it had a pool. We weren't told there was a class in the pool 15 mins after we got in....2 very disappointed little boys!

Staff were friendly

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room was tired and required redecoration. I asked for snacks at 9.45pm and I was told by the bar staff that they did not have any left. I was not happy with this given this was a Marriott Hotel

Location was good

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The room was spotless. Two massive double beds and enough room for a travel cot. The whole family fitted in no problems at all. The staff welcoming and the breakfast there was lots of choice. The pool was a big hit with the kids.