Reviews of Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow 4 stars

Heathrow Airport, Bath Road, Heathrow, UB3 5BP, United Kingdom

#15 of 26 hotels in Heathrow

• Classic Room

We arrived early having to drop a car off. They found top rooms for us to drop bags of which made our lats day in the UK much easier. Thanks for the kind attention.

• Club Room with Executive Lounge Access

Greater attention needs to be paid to the shower curtains, cleaning; No facility for handheld shower;and Bedsheets were not changed at our request

Front Desk Staff were fantastic.

• Classic Room

One of the springs of Sprung mattress protruded into my back, pillows to soft they flap over your face and the kettle plug was loose and dangerous to use.

Cleanliness of room. Room service excellent

• Family Room

The pool is only open after 4pm on weekdays. We were disappointed as the pool was the reason we chose to stay here.

Good location, very nice and large room. Great staff.

• Classic Room

The photo did not look anything like the hotel, the rooms although clean are looking old, the bathroom door wouldn't shut properly

Friendly staff, good location, nice pool area, great Indian restaurant

• Classic Room

Would be nice if they made sure the breakfast was hot. All tasted very nice but eggs etc were warm.

Bed was a very confortable King. Quiet room with plenty of space. Nice to have a kettle to make tea and coffee. For me the coffee was weak so had to use the two packets given to make one cup.

See above....

Nothing and staff do not Understand how to communicate with guests and very rude, service was Aporling from your sky bar lounge from Christopher, very unhelpful full, raised his voice and hand even thought we booked our wedding event there and would never recommend anyone else

• Classic Room

No complaints. It’s not The Savoy, but it’s plenty nice.

If you plan to stay at this or any Sheraton, join their club. The better rooms, are BETTER! We had a basic room in the first night and it was on the first floor above ground with a dreadful view of the cooling tower & AC equipment. The upgraded room was on the THIRD ( top) floor, nice view and VERY quiet. The club room is well stocked for breakfast and happy hour, but you need to be a member, so join. Some reviews said the rooms were hot, but you need to make sure the room fan is on the ON position. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was exceptionally clean with modern amenities including a deep, full sized bathtub with lots of good hot water, ironing board, nice TV and good lighting, lots of plugs at the desk and nightstands ( with a 110v outlet!). Free water bottles, coffee and tea. Oddly, no hairdryer in our room. The beds were comfortable, with nice bedding. The furnishing were good, nice writing desk. The service in the bar is prompt and courteous, and the food is just average. Decent selection of beers with Guinness on tap. Did not eat in the restaurant, use the pool or health club. DO NOT pay the Suckers Tax, (£5 each) to ride the airport shuttle less than 2 miles. It doesn’t run as often as the FREE city bus 111 which will let you off in from of the Marriot next door. If you are staying to be near Heathrow allow 18-20 minutes to get from this hotel to the airport by city bus or to take the Heathrow Express train into the city. Very convenient location for Heathrow Airport but VERY inconvenient for any other purpose, especially getting into London city for sightseeing.

• Classic Room

No-one attending in gym so abused by people using it. Swimming pool tired and dated so wasn't enticed to take a swim at all despite planning to do. Booked a quiet room as just needed a good night's sleep before a long drive back after picking up relative at airport early in morning. Neighbours in room next door seemed to be having a party - so noisy it kept us awake - laughing and messing about, doors slamming throughout night. Had to ring reception at 3.00am to ask them to do something about it. Security did come up and knocked on next door to speak to them. It went quiet for about 10 minutes and then they continued with the noise until about 4ish so we were able to get about 2 hours sleep before we had to get up to go to airport to pick up relative. Tried to tell receptionist when booking out in morning as she asked about our stay, but she didn't seem to understand what I was talking about and clearly didn't want to do anything about it.

• Club Room with Executive Lounge Access

The Food in the Sports bar is ridiculously bad and reflects badly on The Sheraton brand and had it not been for that my rating would have been better.

Locatiin and service

• Family Room

Rooms are in need of updating they are a bit tatty also our room was very hot so we did not get a good nights sleep

the location and transportation were excellent also enjoyed the restaurant

• Family Room

Average food at the pool restaurant.

Family room was a good large size with two very comfortable double sized beds. Very accommodating in holding on to my luggage for a few days while I went traveling to the countryside at no extra charge. That really was a great help.

• Classic Room

Best pillows I’ve ever slept on. Location great, bus service to tube easy & free to use. Around 40 mins on tube to central London. Staff so courteous and couldn’t be faulted, they will do anything to make your stay as relaxed and comfortable as they can. Hotel is one of the best we’ve stayed in. Rooms are large and ours had a fantastic view of the runway, the room was soundproofed so noise was no problem at all. Perfect place in our eyes to go relax and unwind. We will return.

• Family Room

Staff were unhelpful regarding travel options to London Restaurant closed early after lunch

• Classic Room

The rubbish left in the fridge and the ac did not work which turned the room into a sauna didn't sleep until 530 l. Didn't want to waste any more time at the reception desk after having to already discuss the rubbish. We tried for a very long time to make the ac work but it was visibly broken on the wall.

The pool but mostly the sports bar

• Classic Room

TV channels not all working properly, heating and cooling system not working, shower leaked and floor was wet, not very good signs to know where my room was and was quite far from the lift !

Nice rooms, clean, large bed had everything I needed, staff all polite and courteous, they just need to make it clear when booking you need photo ID as this would have been a issue if you travel from far !

• Classic Room

Aircon was on but still like a sauna even when we moved room. One security guard walked into our room accusing us of smoking when we don't smoke. Tv was slow

Comfort

• Club Room with Executive Lounge Access

This place is fantastic. A cancelled flight meant I had to overnight in London. I figured an airport hotel would be 'okay' but I'd go so far as to say that this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. The breakfast was amazing.

• Classic Room

The bedroom and en-suite were decoratively excellent and the bed was a dream, more comfortable I have to say than my new one at home. The reception staff were kind, courteous and helpful. I had an excellent overnight stay and was well rested before my flight the following day

• Classic Room

Breakfast service was ok but not fantastic, had to ask for more tea, coffee and milk, when i've stayed at a Hilton they come to the table with a jug of coffee and ask you

The bed was huge and very comfortable

• Classic Room

I was staying in the hotel and kept forgetting to pick the key card up so had to keep going to reception to get a new one and this one particular time I was in a rush and the receptionist asked me for I.d which was in my room this was the only time I was asked for I.d other times it's just asked my full name and address of the booking. This was very annoying as i was already running late but by this receptionist doing this made me even more delayed. So frustrating.

• Classic Room

Room was incredibly hot and the air conditioning did nothing to remedy this and the fridge would not open

The sports bar is a nice venue to socialise and have a drink

• Club Room with Executive Lounge Access

When i first arrived the reception staff tryed to tell me i had to pay 15 pounds for motorcycle parking when you dont pay for motorbike parking anywhere you go and The room and breakfast was 91 pounds i payed extra 60 pound to have access to the club lounge for 2 hours of a selection of 2 beers carlsberg and becks really upset i payed all the money extra and thats all we recieved which i went back to reception immediatly and asked for a refund on the club lounge as i wasnt happy they refused not atall anywhere near my best stay ontop of that the breakfast in the morning was cold

The room always matches up to standard always clean and cosy always love a swim in the pool i dont feel like im in the uk i feel abroad

• Classic Room

The pillows were too big and bouncy, be good if you offered alternative pillows like other hotels do. Like a pillow menu. Also the swimming pool, whilst it looked pretty, its embarrassing to be swimming whilst people are sitting around having evening drinks. I was looking forward to using the pool but knowing I was walking past evening drinkers in my swimming costume felt awkward.

the room service food quality was excellent and the delivery man was so nice and it was really fast.

• Family Room

Reception staff extremely unhelpful and willing to put a family of 4 on the street because not having the correct credit card although already prepaid and used the hotel 4 times previous already. Rather than helping they kept quoting terms and conditions.

The facilities are great and pool staff very friendly.

• Family Room

The swimming area is a big bonus, water was warm for my 2year old. The restaurant and bar were amazing. Loved the food. I would recommend this place if you need to sleep overnight and catch your next day flight.

• Classic Room

Second time I stayed, lovely as usual. l love the big reception and big hallways. It is nice to see a hotel in London that does not try to make ever square foot into a room.

• Club Room with Executive Lounge Access

Executive lounge could do with a makeover, but still good value again with very helpful staff

Liked the room with a view of the airport runway, always something to look at! Friendliness of the staff

• Classic Room

Check-in was quite busy, but can be expected given airline staff use the hotel. Hoppa bus from airport took quite a time to arrive and get to the hotel, but not the hotel's fault.

The staff were helpful and friendly. There are lots of facilities available at the hotel: gym, swimming pool, great Indian restaurant, sports bar, concierge... The rooms are luxurious, with nice bed, sheets, pillows, and bathroom. Minibar and tea and coffee. Plenty of towels. Free bus service across the road to heathrow central bus station.

• Classic Room

Really run down hotel in bad need of refurbishment. More importantly in bad need of staff training. Even before I got to the hotel they had taken two payments from my bank account, one payment in full and another pre-authorisation of the full payment which I spent an hour on the phone to the hotel and my bank trying to find out what had gone on. To add to this when I was checking in the reception member of staff was adamant, in fact quite militant that I must leave £50 pre-authorisation for 'incidendentals' when I tried to explain that I prefer pay as I go he kept saying its hotel policy, I then asked to speak to the duty manager which was when he said its ok dont worry about the deposit. When I eventually got to my room I got in sat on the bed and it fell apart! My friend and I went for a drink to the Sky Bar and I have never come across a more aggressive member of bar staff in my life, obviously he didn't want to be at work, trying to get everybody out, literally shouting at guests telling them the bar was closed and everybody had to leave. All in all a horrible hotel experience. I've stayed in this hotel 3 or 4 times over the years flying out of Heathrow but never again!

• Classic Room

Carpet and shower were a little old.

The service was amazing. We had a problem with a noisy adjacent room and the staff was kind enough to give us another room to sleep for the night!

• Club Room with Executive Lounge Access

No atmosphere in the pool area as the steel band is no longer allowed to play as most of the rooms are used by cabin crew who complained about the noise!!! Bed too soft for our liking

We stayed there 33yrs ago so this was a trip down memory lane for us. Husbands birthday and our wedding anniversary . Hotel organised a bottle is prosseco and some fruit and chocolates on a plate in our room .

• Classic Room

Drinks over priced The hotel still owe me my £50 deposit and it has been 4 weeks since I checked out

The room was clean and the bed was extremely spacious and comfortable

• Classic Room

Being charged £15 pound for parking I wasn't happy. Key cards for lift and room needed re activating 3 times very annoying. Drinks are very expensive .

The swimming pool was excellent and breakfast was good.

• Classic Room

Both my partner and I fell ill with a stomach bug, I raised it with reception who dismissed it, however we were both aware of at least 4 other guests with similar symptoms.

• Classic Room

The view from my room 3064 was very restricted.

The main attraction was the poolside area. Very relaxing and friendly staff to provide food and drinks.

• Classic Room

The view from my room 3064 was very restricted.

• Classic Room

Nothing on this trip. All was as expected

Great room with really comfortable bed and pillows, Good shower pressure. Easy to park. Staff were prompt and friendly

• Family Room

Limited parking which was an additional charge. Room looked a bit tired. We used the swimming pool in the evening but there was a wedding reception on, with guests around the pool so it was a bit odd, and changing facilities consist of a "shed" near the pool.

Used as a night stop over before flying from Heathrow. Worked fine. We ate in the American Sports Bar which was OK, but not brilliant, expensive for what it was.

• Classic Room

The total inconvenience in accessing almost all the hotels at Heathrow Airport. Taxis are expensive 15 pounds for a six minute ride! The shuttle bus (4 pounds/person) is intermittent. While there are regular bus services passing these hotels, they are a bit daunting to those unfamiliar with the airport. This situation is an indictment of the whole airport facility and one reason why we prefer to fly from Australia into Frankfurt or Paris. We suggest that Sheraton considers arranging its own courtesy buses.

On business or on vacation, each time we have stayed at this hotel we have found the staff to be both pleasant and helpful. There was not enough time on this occasion, but we have enjoyed a meal (dinner) around the pool.

• Family Room

The pool was quite cold. Did not like the cocktail bar sharing the pool area. It is quite odd swimming around with people drinking all around you. The floor around the pool is very wet so if you not a swimmer be careful going to the bar! The sports bar and grill place was very loud and very dark.

Met my two adult daughters here. 3 of us in a family room of two double beds. Lovely room. comfy beds. As daughters birthday they did her a little welcome pud and a lovely note- thank you. Cocktails were excellent. Indian restaurant was outstanding, best curry I have ever had!! Check in process was very good. I arrived after my daughters and they had already checked in. Reception arranged for my bag to be taken up for me. Brilliant!

• Family Room

Paying for breakfast £17.50 each The fire alarm going off at 5am , no one seemed to know what they were doing, there were no fire marshals or assembly point. As it was a false alarm it would have been nice to have been advised by someone rather than walking round looking at other half dressed guests and wondering what to do next. Very poor !! Need a procedure in place for when it's the real thing!!

Grea pool and sitting area by pool bar, gym and Starbucks. We went to Windsor in the evening 20 mins away and Thorpe park the following day also 20 mins by car. Lovely clean rooms.

• Classic Room

Food for breakfast was ok but variety wasn't great. Waiting for coffee & tea a long time and then arrived cold.

All Facilities on site which made for very relaxing time with the family which was badly needed. Nice gym with plenty of equipment. Easy for transport links to anywhere.

• Classic Room

Took hot chocolate, but it always was cold when I got to drink it.

Breakfast had quite a variety which was welcome. The muesli porridge was good. Had it every morning.

• Classic Room

Pool area in a bar not really possible to swim Long wait to check in and then key did not work Wifi very weak unable to download material I needed

Room comfy and location and parking excellent Indian food very good Porters friendly and helpful

The pillows ... Uuurkh.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Very close to the airport. Excellent dining facilities. An adequate fitness centre. The pool has more novelty value than function.

• Classic Room

Bed was very comfy, loved the pool and the Indian Restaurant was superb! Staff were very helpful and will definitely stay here again. Good stopover between travels.

• Classic Room

I was only there for a night. This was an airport hotel so I marked the surrounding area as not that great as there's nothing much in the area other than the airport

• Classic Room

The decor needs a bit of a facelift, and perhaps more breakfast options and gluten free options.

The staff at the pool bar were Amazing. Kris, the polish chap always made us laugh, was super helpful. Corine (?) the be tender from France was super friendly and gave us a lot of great tourist tips.

We stayed for 12 days, the rooms are not cleaned as much, they did not replenished the milk, sugar and coffee every day. They didn't clean around the sink every time they tidy up the rooms. I am disappointed this time because the cleanliness is not up to standard as so many years ago. We always stay at Sheraton when we go to England.

Facilities, friendly staff.

• Classic Room

They staff and the conditions in the rooms, 3am the alarm sound off to evacuate the building, my baby had an accident with her bottle spilling milk and they had no housekeeping available the staff was very bad and there was mold in the bathroom sink etc. My mother got sick due to dust allergies and the wall behind the bed was full of dust of the dirty wall paper. Nasty place and they did not care abt my complaints and gave a lot of excuses for the conditions.

Only the location was convenient, this hotel was a nightmare and dirty not to mention the staff and their rudeness

• Family Room

The pool area was disappointing as it is a little tired, it did look much nicer on the website photos.

Great location for T2. Family room with enough space for the 3 of us.

• Classic Room

Had an issue with my electrical adaptor and called the office and the engineer was there in about 5 minutes to take care of the issue. Was impressed!!!

• Classic Room

Booking in was very easy. Had four year old with us she loved pool and surrounding area. Was a lovely start to a holiday abroad. Evening meal was very good.

• Classic Room

Staff forgot to call us with our 6am wakeup call and they hadn't ordered us a taxi. They were not at all apologetic.

I liked the indoor pool and that there were restaurants onsite.

• Family Room

Having to pay for shuttle bus from terminal. Gift shop could be bigger and stock more food snacks and pharmaceutical items.

Breakfast selection excellent and great quality of food. Room very good size and extremely comfortable. Very good connections to airport Lovely indoor pool area.

• Club Room with Executive Lounge Access

Club lounge was not always tidy

The sky garden was lovely to relax in, the pool was well heated and it made the weekends lively with the Sky bar and other guests there.

• Family Room

The hotel had a wedding reception going on the night we stayed and all other guests were treated as a bit of a bother because they were so busy. The car park was over full and I was directed to park on a verge in front of a fire escape and still got charged for the privilege. The restaurant was unavailable due to the wedding and the pool was closed for the drinks reception. In the morning the cleaning staff were barging in at 9:00.

The hotel was clean tidy and comfortable with well presented staff. Received a small discount on the room rate due to unavailable facilities.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Classic Room

Your shuttle bus service was not normal Sheraton standard . US / international Sheratons do not charge for airport shuttle when hotel advertises it is 1.8 m from airport.

Starbucks ( for quick choice ) could offer better breakfast options

• Family Room

Swimming Pool deck is extremely slippery. Unsafe for children and even adults. Facilities are clean but really dated. This property really need a remodel. No USB charger. Not related to properly but the hotel chain: $10 for a single episode of a cartoon?? Really?? Stop nickel and dime your patrons. I expect a selection of free entertainment and free Wi-Fi.

• Family Room

It took a long time to get checked in. THe first staff member couldn't access our reservation and turned us over to another who also took a long time.

Nice pool. Good restaurants.

• Classic Room

Breakfast was very good. Beds and furnishings were clean comfy and new. Staff was helpful and friendly. Easy to get downtown and to the airport.

• Classic Room

Very limited catering options before 18.00 when the sports bar and restaurant open (just in-house Starbucks or room service. I felt that the at the least the sports bar should be open throughout the day. You need to take shuttle bus to airport (public transport at GBP5.00 per person around every 20 minutes or so). The hotel does not have its own shuttle bus facilitity.

Indian Restaurant attached to the hotel was quite good. Swimming pool cxmplex is excellent, especially if you have younger children.

No fridge in room for baby food and milk. Fridge is used for snacks and drinks for purchase.

Clean rooms, friendly staff. Very helpful and friendly Concierge Desk. They really went the extra mile to make our stay comfortable. We were traveling with 6 adults, 2 babies, 1 teenager.

• Classic Room

That the swimming pool wasn't open till 4pm and around 8pm they decided to clean the pool and people could not use it till it was cleaned. Seems rediculous when it could have been cleaned in the morning.

Convenient to travel by bus. Also near the airport.

• Family Room

the food at the sports bar was very poor. the pool did not open until 4 pm and the room was extremely hot; air conditioning although "working" did not cool down the room at all, and the only bedding was a thick duvet, no sheet.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast and indian rstaurant excellent.

It's a bit of a hassle getting to the hotel , the Hopper Bus is OK but you have to hang around and they are busy so sometimes it's hard to get on. Taxis are difficult since the drivers don't want a short cab fare.

Comfortable stop on the way back to the US from Europe .

• Classic Room

More teabags needed in the room,and there were no biscuits to compliment the drinks.

Breakfast was excellent, room was very comfortable, overall enjoyed the experience.

• Family Room

Pool only open from 4pm - it wasn't clear on website this was the case Very , very limited gluten free options - esp on room service - only offered vegetables.. not easy with Coeliac children.

Nice good sized rooms

• Club Room with Executive Lounge Access

check-in staff did not say the a/c not working properly on my floor, i did not get the room with the type of view i asked for, the lounge let children in in the evening not good when you want to relax, again Chinese knowing how to behave. staff a little bit afraid to take control.

close to the airport, the concierge very helpful.

• Classic Room

The hotel boasts a pool but in all my stays there I've never been in it as it doesn't open until four in the afternoon and I usually arrive late but like a morning swim!

Good value for money and a comfy bed, the bus to the tube station is two minutes away from the front door.

• Family Room

The Room was wretched, It look like the hotel stopped doing maintenance or any other cleaning than changing sheets sometime in the 1960s. The carpet was disgusting, and you could clearly see damage to the room. The AC did not work other than to blow warm stale fart smelling air from the weak vent. The pool needs a serious overall, and major maintenance, as soon as you got in you could feel the lining disintegration from the massive overkill of chlorine. Having Chlorine poisoning was a god sent in disguise as or ordered over priced food from the pool side service came out on what could only be described as bacteria delivery systems (rotten wood planks), the food what was truly too a sad state of affairs, soggy pizza over spiced chicken and a pathetic burger. Also who has a pool an then only offers staffing or open times from 0400 until 1100? What if I wanted to go for a morning swim? Breakfast was tragic as well, as the line item buffet were either under cooked or steam to death. Nice selection of fruit though kudos.

Not a lot, The staff were professional and courteous.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Classic Room

I can't think of anything negative.

This is a very nice hotel right next to the airport. The front desk staff was very knowledgeable and provided timely information on which public transport to use to get to Heathrow. The bed was simply divine. The Indian restaurant located on the property was very good - some of the best Indian food I've ever head. Great hotel!

• Classic Room

Staff were rude especially on the front desk and in the pool bar. Pool is old and not well managed Room was tired and smelled old Expensive for what you get - felt ripped off No shuttle to terminals

Break fast was ok Sports bar was good

Pool is amazing, my children love it! But it was a bit chilly because they kept the doors on either side of the oil area open. It's a beautiful, clean hotel with very very comfortable beds (like sleeping on a cloud!) and very friendly staff, we love it there! Starbucks in the lobby is great and convenient, good food in the restaurants (although a bit pricey!)

Browse Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow traveller photo gallery