Reviews of Tegfan Guesthouse

#14 of 18 hotels in Caernarfon

6.1

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Bout what you'd expect for a 20 buck job

The innkeeper started beating on the door at 9 in the morning with orders to allow a change of sheets. Sorry, but checkout is at 10:30. They're also a bit fussy about their terms and quite disorganized.

Good location! The staff was polite and friendly, for the most part.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

* The shower and toilet facilities were not overly clean

* The shower and toilet facilities were not overly clean * Breakfast 8-9 is to late for travellers, I was met with a very blunt I dont do boiled eggs! * I was late arriving because i had been stuck on the motorway, I phoned out of courtesy twice to let them know! the second time I phoned, I was responded too, with an exasperated angry voice who shouted they had to get up early. The journey was out of my control! * I arrived at just about 10pm, was shown to my room by someone called Phil, accompanied by lots of huffing and puffing! * because I had asked about breakfast time and knew it was too late. I handed Phil the correct money for my room, he said "whats this for?" * next morning as I was leaving at 7:30. Phil who doesnt boil eggs was just entering as though he had fell out of bed, with a pack of bacon in his hand. *I told him I had written my email address in the book and to email my receipt for the money i had paid him. I have not received the receipt nor was I offered one the night before or indeed at that point when leaving * the surrounding area was very picturesque, but it seems in a very busy area as lots of noise though out the night outside, with part revellers.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

The location is excellent right in the centre of everything...
    • En Suite Double Room

The place is tired,mattress needs replacing, as does the shower

The location is excellent right in the centre of everything,yet still very quiet.The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

a pleasant overnight stay in a lovely seaside town
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom Facilities

the shower tray was getting rusty and the mat was a little small the bedside lamp in the room needed changing the dvd player didn't want to play the two DVDs we brought from home

the cooked breakfast and choice of cereals the convenience of the room, shared WC and 2 shower rooms. The reasonable price

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

• Apartment - Ground Floor

The decaying bird in the apartment courtyard put a slight downer on the ambience! But the remains of cereal out there with it could have come in useful if we had have become hungry. It is a shame because it could have been a reasonably nice added space. The apartment smelt damp and in one space the waft of dog poo was in our opinion an interesting addition to the sensory overload we were already experiencing.

Phil was very welcoming (if not a tad quirky) and was an excellent addition to what could have been a terrible experience. The location was excellent and Phil was a highlight. I would be lying if I said there were lots more positives. The size of the apartment was good, and the shower (although we were sceptical to enter at first was actually really nice).... oh and the dvds were a nice extra..... I really am clutching at straws here.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

if you're looking for cheap and cheerful its ok!

Two small lights didn't work so no overnight lighting, carpet was very poor kept treading on 'stuff' but shared loo and shower was very clean, in the end i was pleased to have booked as great value, had to park 2 mins away but it was free parking at the docks.

More rustic than id imagined but i would say value for money, breakfast was lovely,

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

This was a fabulous location.
    • Apartment - Ground Floor

Upon arrival there were cobwebs in the clothes closet, the microwave was dirty, empty liquor bottles were in the side table drawer and the toilet wasn't flushing properly. When I mentioned about the state of our unit, the bottles were disposed of by staff, a verbal disapproval of the cleaning staff was exclaimed by Phil, it was up to me to clean what was dirty and Phil fixed the toilet with a kitchen spoon ( I was instructed not to use) because a plunger was unavailable! The TV never did work and it too was beyond which staff could fix. The hot water was unavailable one day but this situation was fixed just in time for us to get ready for the wedding we had travelled to Wales for. Never a dull moment in this accommodation! It still was a nice place to stay with all its physical and human quirks!

This was a fabulous location. The bed was comfortable and the kitchen convenient.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Dirty smelly Room/ Rude host .
    • En Suite Double Room

The host is very rude, the room was booked per room but he asked for an excess money as I had my partner with me. The shower did not work, no hot water. Mattress and quilt smelt which had not been changed. When I asked him to fix the shower room in the bathroom , he said he would do it but got busy in cooking breakfast for the guests. Smelly room , and dirty towels which smelt . The toilet flush did not work properly , and took several efforts to get it flushed. This bed and breakfast is in need of an update and modernisation. Avoid . Not recommended. There is no exhaust in the toilet and its an ensuite room so all the smell stays in the room. Avoid .

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

great location, spaciousness town house for whole family
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

great location, spaciousness town house for whole family. One bathroom makes it tricky but if you stay for one night or two the beauty of staying inside the walls of the old town for this price it is a rear opportunity. Host is wonderful.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Overall it was comfortable and was a suitable place to stay for my needs. reasonable price.

It’s very dated and the decor/ furnishing need a major re vamp. It smelt musky. The ensuite bathroom was a small cubicle with a shower and toilet. The toilet smelt of stale urine and didn’t look very clean and needed many attempts to flush before it worked. . The yard outside the window was disgusting. Parking fine if you get a space but not many there.breakfast would benefit from starting earlier. 8 am is too late really.

Great location. Owner/ manager was very friendly. Didn’t stay for breakfast as wanted to get going as was climbing Mt Snowdon. Shame as it smelt lovely but had we stayed we wouldn’t have got parked as it was already almost full when we arrived.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Over all a poor experience. Awfull mattress.

Was welcome with “What are you doing in my kitchen? Fu**ing hell! Then: “Did you see the time?” (it was 10.30pm). Another “Fu**ing hell”!  The single mattress was terrible: not flat, hence was rolling to the side and could feel the springs. Didn’t sleep for the whole night which ruined the next day. The main light in the bedroom was not working. In the morning I waited for a table to be freed for the breakfast which is fair enough, but then while the whole dining room was empty apart from one tiny table with someone sitting at it I was asked to sit right in front of that person I didn’t know to have breakfast. How awkward to have breakfast in front of someone you have no connection with and felt very uncomfortable. Given all the other tables were empty (and would have only needed to be cleaned), this was surreal.

Location neat the sea

Aweful
    • Apartment

The apartment was dirty, spiders n cob webs in the bedroom, old worn out towels, the bed linen was smelling. Phil the staff member was rude, aggressive and racist.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Great value for money stay in the heart of Caernarfon.
    • Apartment

Starting to look a little tired.

Great value for money, excellent location, walking distance to Caernarfon Castle. Quirky self contained accommodation with bonus onsite parking ( only for self contained accommodation and accomplished parkers only!)

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Old and tired, in need of a refurb!

When I woke up at 6am with an ache back, I looked in the mirror to find perfect circular imprints from the mattress springs! Awful nights sleep, never again, but it was cheap 😕

Old and tired, in need of a refurb!

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

The apartment was a good size for 2 people or young family.
    • Apartment

The apartment was a good size for 2 people or young family. It had everything we needed. Having own private entrance was great. Location was perfect.nestled close to shops , restaurants and castle aswell as lovely walks along the sea front at doorstep. Heated floor in bathroom was lovely. Phil was lovely and friendly.very helpful. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

My stay

It was very dated and old fashioned. Towels not great , showers walls had damp etc . Carpet not good needs to be replaced .

Phil the host very nice , veru helpful and pleasant he's the best thing about the place and his lovely breakfast if course.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Warm welcome, good, clean, comfortable.
    • En Suite Double Room

The only problem was parking but in this location it has to be expected so not disappointed.

Warm welcome, Phil is a comedian, great guy. Good sized en suite room in a good location. Clean, comfortable, quiet. Good breakfast sets you up for the day. I would use this guesthouse again

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

The staff were lovely,the location was perfect and the...

I would of liked my own toilet in my room but that’s not the hotels fault that’s my late booking

The staff were lovely,the location was perfect and the breakfast was perfect

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

The host was amazing, thank you Phil!
    • En Suite Double Room

There was some issues with the shower and toilet, however that was circumstantial.

The host was amazing, thank you Phil! The room was as youd expect in a guesthouse, the addition of a sofa was nice. Very cozy :)

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Good location, good value apartment
    • Apartment

It was a bit dusty in places and the owner misplaced our booking at first which took a bit of working out (although it was OK in the end).

Apartment was a great location for exploring Caernarfon. Really comfy beds and nice shower room with underfloor heating. Private parking in a part of town that struggles for spaces was handy

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

It may have been different for a couple but for a family be aware if given the apartment.
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

I requested breakfast with our booking and free parking but when we got there we had to find a spot on the street to park and because we were a family group we were given the apartment which was self catering. For one nights stay there was no point in grocery shopping. Soap and toilet paper was not even supplied.

Closeness to Caernofen Castle.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Value for Money, Lovable and Quirky Host, Free Breakfast

The WIFI was not working when we were staying at the B&B which was really annoying as the area has reasonably poor mobile reception for Data use - if you're into streaming movies at night it's a pain. Parking near the B&B is really unlikely to be available as Caernarfon is a busy tourist destination, it'll be a case of paying to park in the nearby supermarket carpark just 10 minutes walk from the B&B which costs £7/day but is free on Sundays.

The Host Phil was a really lovely guy, very quirky, made us laugh that's what I liked about him. Breakfast was provided for us, it was a greasy little fry up or cereal toast and jam - whatever you preferrred - it hit the spot for us and helped us get up the mountain in Snowdon that morning! Rooms were comfortable and were upto scratch for a budget b&b with modern TV's that had HDMI inputs on for you to connect your own stuff.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Great location and excellent value for money.

The shared bathroom was a tight squeeze with very compact toilets (2) and showers (2).

Phil was welcoming and the location within the City walls was ideal. The bedroom was large as was the fry up in the morning. For me as a single traveler this offered excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Staff very friendly and helpful.

Beds weren't that comfy and could have been cleaner, but all in all was good value for money.

Staff very friendly and helpful. room quite spacious and had everything required. Thankyou.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

average accomadation -priced accordingly, staff lovely
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom Facilities

Accommodation in excellent spot, walk everywhere.if driving there are alot of one way streets and we were lucky to get a park out front, if not public parking down the street.The staff lovely and breakfast delicious.The price was good for location and type of accommodation..

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Friendly staff very helpful, parking a big problem outside,...

Lock not working on one of the shower doors. Handle loose on one of the toilet flush.

Friendly staff very helpful, parking a big problem outside, but you can park just about 4mns walk in the marina car park and it's Free

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Grim, grim, grim.

Tegfan is the dirtiest and grottiest place I have ever stayed. It smells and is visibly dirty. I couldn’t bring myself to eat breakfast there and although I paid for two nights, I only stayed for one then paid to go somewhere else forefitting the second night. I felt thoroughly dirty after my one night! I am a forty year old man who has lived a bit. If my wife had been with me we wouldn’t have been there for more than five minutes. It is the kind of place that makes me think there should be legislation to stop places getting this bad. Do not let the thought ‘how bad can it be for the money?’ go through your head at the time of booking. It will be really bad. Avoid at all costs - I would rather sleep on a park bench.

The chap who greeted me was a little weird but friendly enough. You have to knock on a basement door and he comes to greet you. “Are you sure you have booked? Are you really sure?” Once we got past that he was fine. Location is good but no parking.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Cheap and cheerful you pay for what you get but should be cleaner

Limited parking nearby and the grubby accommodation and the shower was cold. We were given the only en suite room as they were not expecting us until we gave them our booking reference. Not the best of welcomes! The view from our room was the backyard complete with rubbish and old mattress.

The property was damp and dirty breakfast was acceptable. A hot traditional cooked breakfast. Location was the best part within castle walls and easy access to town and facilities

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

good location , tired b&b .

stains on chair upholstery , overall tiredness to the room and building .it did not appear to have had any décor maintainace for a long time . the chap that looked after the place said the owner lived 75 miles away and he never saw her. I,m glad I was on my own ,my wife would not have been happy. the shabbiest B&B I,ve stayed I'm.

sheets were clean ,towels smelt fresh.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

couldnt wait till the next morning to leave
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom Facilities

Next door to a derelict building, and B&B also needs some maintainance On arrival there was the smell of burning fat through out building. Though later on that night it had gone from halls ect it remained in the room , The view from window was of a dirty old double mattress in a yard. Finding a cigarette butt in bedroom. The mattress on bed couldnt be slept on as springs sticking up all over it, so bad I could still feel them through the duvet on top, which I slept on. The mattress also looked dingey. So I got no sleep, and when mentioned it next morning was ignored. We didnt bother staying for the breakfast. I would not stay here again

close to the castle and quay

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Ok👍🏼
    • En Suite Double Room

I just say Phil is a character!!!!!!!☺️

The place is a budget place !!!a experience.dont go if you are fussy!!!!! The saying goes something like'you get what you pay for,.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Great position, stayed in the apartment with my three kids.

Great position, stayed in the apartment with my three kids. Beds were comfy and clean. Manager quirky but exactly how I expected after reading other reviews. Good with kids! Bathroom clean, sofas a bit old but comfy enough. Plus had my own parking space which was a plus! Great price very happy!

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Very welcoming staff and fantastic location! Apart from a few minor things wouldn’t defo stay again
    • En Suite Double Room

Unfortunately our shower was cold and the pipes were very loud when flushing the chain and running the taps.

Bed was so very comfy and the room was a lovely size.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Fair

The window of the room was mouldy, the entrance to the building looked dirty, the cup in the dinning wash not cleaned properly, the place needs good cleaning.

The breakfast

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Perfect for
    • Apartment

The bathroom floor was heated. It was a very hot day, however this would be great on any other normal day in spring/winter/autumn.

Great location. Really quiet We were in the a little apartment. Had a private parking spot with it. Staff were friendly and welcoming We were out a lot so it was exactly what we needed for our little stay.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Great if travelling on business.

Lots of dust in the room, was making me sneeze constantly. Don't think it had been cleaned before my stay.

Stayed in the ensuite room, other rooms have shared bathrooms/showers. Bed was very comfy and had a great nights sleep. Phil is very accommodating and makes a great breakfast.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

we were quoted £36 on line.

we were quoted £36 on line. Were charged £52 ROBBED. Proprietor said he had no notice of on line booking. NO WiFi, couldn't show him our confirmation on my tablet.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

4.5
    Wouldn't stay again.
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

Mainly the place was very dirty, unclean. I couldn't even be sure if the bed sheets were fresh. For a three bed apartment, we needed to go buy extras like toilet roll. Everything was covered in grime. I can deal with a place looking and feeling dated, but it needs to be clean. There was clear evidence of a long standing bathroom to kitchen leak from the shower. Master bedroom is quite dark, no real natural light, no mirrors. Just one bathroom - details are mis-leading in that it states a shower and bathroom. The mattresses were not comfortable..the springs hurt.

Other than the location, the 3 bed apartment was lacking in may ways,

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Best host in Caernarfon!

I had felt certain I had booked us a room with an ensuite so discovering we had to share a bathroom was a bit dissapointing and was tricky with my disabled mum having to juggle a phone (for light) and keys to make her couple of toilet runs during the night. Also while we saw first hand how tirelessly Phil works on keeping the place clean, I noticed that the shared bathroom hand towels and hand towels in the bathroom were musty smelling, like they missed being changed. There were a couple of other minor cleanliness issues, but they were at the fault of other people staying there and Phil fixed as soon as he was able and despite these dislikes, would 100% stay again!

Phil was such a generous and helpful host! What a cracker of a sense of humour too! He was spot on with his restuarant recommendations and helped us carry our luggage up the stairs. We were in a double room (which actually had a double bed plus a single bed) that was comfortable and had tea and coffee making facilities there aswell as a handy sink for brushing our teeth in, as we had a shared bathroom. Tegfan sits within the castle walls which was exciting for me! Breakfast was plentiful and good coffee!

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Cheap cheap accommodation. On a budget. Good location.
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom Facilities

When we arrived the owner seemed like it was an inconvenience! It appeared that he was doing us a favour letting us stay there!!

The location was good. He did make an early breakfast because we had to depart, but he did not communicate that to us and we missed out.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

Overall decent place, cheaper than most around, not luxury.

The welcoming was a bit weird. Staff seems under pressure, they could cope better. Breakfast was not high quality. Complicated to find free parking space (or even paying parking space).

Very good location in the old town. Cheaper than most places. Unfortunately shared bathroom but at least these were clean. The heating was on, it was nicely warm. Relatively quiet so good sleep.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Unbeatable location within town walls

Simple, perfectly located room within Caernarfon walls. Excellent service and cooked breakfast. Beds were extremely comfortable with nice modern linen. Would recommend staying for anyone who wants to stay right in the heart of town!

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Welcoming clean great breakfast and great location to town
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom Facilities

Was there for two days and the guesthouse met my needs

Very warm welcome, room clean and good size, change of towels Full English breakfast, good choice of cereals, juice and tea/coffee. 3 mins walk to town lots of pubs/restaurants/shops/chippy. Would recommend good value for the price

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Could be a great find but needs TLC
    • Apartment - Ground Floor

The cleaning was not up to standard in the kitchen area fridge not clean and oven left a lot to be desired

Location to the town centre and it was a fair size and a decent tv

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Cheap for a reason
    • En Suite Double Room

Needs a complete revamp, decor and furniture a bit tatty, old mattresses in back yard very off putting.

Good location, friendly staff and nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

• Family Room with Shared Bathroom Facilities

was not happy when we went down for breakfast when i looked in the kitchen and there was bowls on the floor with cat food which indicated there was cats in the kitchen

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

A comfortable stay for an affordable price.

Lack of parking (actually got fined the first night I was there for parking on the road the hotel is on) beds are a little springy but for the price I'm not complaining.

The staff were quirky and friendly. The hotel was mostly clean throughout. Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Creepy man looking after room.

TV kept loosing signal. The guy looking after the rooms was a little creepy and kept popping up out of no-where. He said it was the best breakfast in Wales and it was very average. The coffee was like dishwater. I felt I was pestered out of the room by 10.15am by the guy hanging around outside my door waiting to clean. REALLY POOR.

Room was clean.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Good price-value, centered location

The accomodation is fair and in good conditions for this price it is worth to stay here.

Phil was really funny who took care of us and he was also very flexible with our requests. He cooked very nice breakfast every morning.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

My first purchase/stay and it was great.
    • En Suite Double Room

No lock on the bathroom door, the shower head was broken (it was snapped near the base so it was hard to put up the railing it rested on) and the toilet took at least two flushes to flush properly and took ages to refill

Staff were very friendly and chatty, and made lovely breakfasts

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

I will miss this place so much!

The reception is extremely friendly, like a family. The location is great with easy access to the bus and the castle. Comfortable room, wonderful breakfast. I loved the days I've been there!

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

Warm, friendly and excellent value.

Nothing. Would benefit from a lick of paint perhaps, but full of character and charm.

Excellent value for money. Nothing fancy, but clean and warm. Great full breakfast cooked to order. Close to town, castle, pubs etc. Very friendly and welcoming host. I have no qualms in recommending this excellent b&b.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

upsetting awful booking.com should not use this property
    • Apartment - Ground Floor

The worst stay ever greeted by a man who siad who are you what do you want! appartment flithy we didnt stay after l had payed would not use anything all dirty bedding stinks oven awful stuff in freezer mashes together fridge had bits of food in whole place smelt of drains we didnt even have a drink there it was so bad dim lights and dingy derelic new door never ever have l seen such a bad place, please see photos

• Reviewed: December 18, 2017

Hotel very dirty especially the showers and toilets which are shared.
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom Facilities

Too many pubs which encourage over drinking and allow large groups to gather. Felt unsafe and intimidated.

Close to town centre and tourist attractions including the castle and river

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

Good for a night not much more.
    • Apartment

The parking was tight and difficult to get in to. Check in process was unclear. The key to lock the door was fickle.

Walking to pubs and restaurants. It's within castle walls. It was clean and the bathroom had heated floors.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Cheap for a reason!

A tired and outdated bed and breakfast with questionable cleanliness. Why did the towels smell as if a rugby player had used them the week before and left them behind? And why the top sheet on the bed? How often are the duvets changed? Owner/manager swore throughout the check in process

The only positive was the town centre location. Aside from that there was little to like. I can't believe people are giving this venue high ratings

• Reviewed: November 18, 2017

Spacious independent accommodation in a great location
    • Apartment

Spacious apartment in a great location on the high street (round the corner from the main guest house.) Decently furnished, central but private. Full kitchen (not kitchenette), with oven, toaster, microwave, everything you could need.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2017

Adequate
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

Place could do with updating, shower curtain pole hanging off. Electrics not really finished off.. electricity went off prior to us vacating so no hot water or lights

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

the dining room and breakfast

would have been better if they had got wifi it states clearly on there website wifi in all areas will not go there again wifi is company for me

the dining room and breakfast

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

Phill was Awsome fab hospitality great breakfast nothing too...
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom Facilities

Shower room could of done with a clean but useable

Phill was Awsome fab hospitality great breakfast nothing too much trouble very friendly great place as walking distance to castle and shops will use again went next in Wales

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

Thouroghly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it.

Finding parking was a little inconvenient but found a car park a few blocks away near the smallest pub in Wales which made it worth the walk back to the hotel.

Very friendly... beautiful location

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

It was ok, meeting the cat was the best part of my stay.

My room wasn't en-suite, the sink in my room hadn't been cleaned, my bed had at least four dark hairs in it which weren't mine, the communal showers were not very clean and one of the female staff members wasn't very helpful when I asked her about public transport on Sundays.

I liked the tea and coffee facilities and the TV had a DVD player too. I also loved the guesthouse cat and my bed was comfortable, I slept well.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2017

Great value and location.
    • En Suite Double Room

bit old fashioned and en-suite is better described as a big cupboard in the room with plumbing BUT overall good

the host was a little "quirky" to start but overall made the stay pleasant

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

Clean, cheerful, comfortable and convenient

We were lucky to get a park right outside but this could be a problem. Possibly because of the thick city walls, we couldn't get internet access. We went out to dinner at a local pub and did our internet business there.

The property is centrally located only 5 minutes walk to the castle and the town centre. Our host was friendly and helpful and provided us with a delicious full English breakfast. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. And it was great value for money.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

I couldn't wait to leave.
    • En Suite Double Room

It was dirty. Rubbish outsite the window in their back yard. Shower repaired, but that repair was broken too. No one answered our doorbells on arrival. The propriater was strange, and his manner was uncomfortable - as too it had been when I phoned a few days earlier to check about the booking. He seemed unable to cope. To the point that we simply ate our first breakfast out rather than there. He wanted payment upfront. Frankly despite the fact it was cheap, it should not have been dirty and unsuitable for people to stay. The noisy bed above us was so squeaky every time the occupant simply turned over. Our bed was not brilliant either. I could not eat breakfast on our second morning. The filth on the dining room mirror and the windows was horrible. My mug left a lot to be desired. I could not touch a thing. Other guests who were there also were horrified at the condition of their room. They said they would never go back, and nor would we. DO NOT GO there, trust me!

Absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: October 28, 2017

Cheapest in town, but there’s a reason for that...

*The free WiFi DOES NOT work. *There is NO free parking, (only street available on a residential street in a tiny walled town). *The whole place is filthy - I’m a tolerant individual but it needs sorting! *Caretaker doesn’t know how booking.com works so please be careful on how you book - I suggest paying on arrival and NOT through the site.

*Bed was comfortable and sheets and most of room adequately clean. *The caretaker of the facility tries his best, the owner on the other hand should just sell up or close down (to deep clean and renovate!) *The location couldn’t be more central. (But Caernafon is so small no hotel is more than 5mins away from everything!)

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

Lovely b&b in a brilliant location with excellent staff and a beautiful breakfast.
    • En Suite Double Room

Parking directly outside wasn't great however there was a free car park at the top of the road and cheap car parks surrounding

Friendly staff. Homely feel. Great breakfast. Great location. Comfy bed.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2017

Good for one night.

House needs deep cleaning

Owner is a lovely chap. Bit if you travel with a toddler you expecting better standard especially shover/toilets. Property needs BIG refurb. Parking? Good luck...

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

Great location, good host, tired building.

The property was very tired and could have been a bit cleaner. We were very lucky to get a parking place nearby, if you were unlucky you could end up taking a lo0ng time to find parking unless you pay for it.

Owner was friendly and helpful. Property is within the walled part of the town, very central to everything.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Avoid Avoid Avoid
    • Apartment - Ground Floor

The accommodation was horrid! The experience was awful. The apartment views are of a building about to be demolished. The unit was grimy and stunk. From the check in experience of being over-charged (Booking.com had to get involved to get a refund) to the unit above us leaking water from their bathroom, it was really really bad. No apologies from staff, it appeared to be normal practice. The staff were apathetic at best and not receptive to finding solutions. One of the worst experiences ever!

Big TV and good WIFI

• Reviewed: October 6, 2017

Great for one night stay for business

The shower nozzle was broken so couldn't adjust the height. Outdated facilities. Not much room in the toilet cubicles for a man my size.

Good choice of cereals for breakfast and cooked breakfast is just right. Bed is really comfy and room was the perfect temperature all night. Perfect location if you want to visit the town. Parking is free between 6pm and 8am about 2-3 minutes walk away.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2017

Very disappointing given the reviews. Not recommended, but limited choice of similar acommodation.
    • En Suite Double Room

Room not vacuumed after previous occupant, and only done on our 3rd day. Ditto entrance hall. No choice of breakfast unless you wanted a very greasy cooked one. (Wife wrapped most of it in the folded kitchen roll that was supposed to be a napkin.) Whole place smelt 'musty' to the extent that we bought an air freshener. Owner does not live on site. Terraced house on a one-way street with take-your-luck parking.

Bed very comfy. Female staff very pleasant.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

Very enjoyable and we will go back some day.

The only thing we did not like was parking, we did manage to park outside the hotel for the last day of our stay.

The breakfast was very good, and they even had gluten free bread for me at Breakfast, bed was comfy and clean, superb location for castle and town facilities, clean towels every day this is a guest house.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2017

Quiet and comfortable.

You are lucky to get a parking space, if you get one don't move. Parking in that area is bad.

Phil was a great guy. Had a problem with parking so he allowed me to use his parking space. He was always around to help when needed.breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

Good for a 1or 2 night stay if you only require a bed.
    • En Suite Double Room

The shower could do with replacing and the décor freshening up. We were on the ground floor and whenever somebody moved in the room above the glass lampshade rattled!

Friendly staff and the breakfast was delicious. The guest house is brilliantly situated for the castle and town.