Reviews of Templeton Place 4 stars

17 Templeton Place, Kensington and Chelsea, London, SW5 9NB, United Kingdom

#34 of 1,490 Holiday rentals in London

• Studio Suite

Five mins walk from tube station, big room with kitchen facilities. Friendly staff let us check-in early and recommended a nice coffee shop to stay before our room is ready. Everything is perfect!

• One-Bedroom Suite

The apartment was very comfortable for two and bright, with all the conveniences you require. Quiet though close to the main street and train station. Very friendly staff.

• Premier Studio Suite

Nothing. We were very happy with our choice of place to stay. Will definitely go back.

The apartments are located very close to the Earl’s Court underground. Travelling anywhere was quick and simple. The appartment was spotlessly clean and modern. The decoration of the whole property was arty and funky. The stay included a handy phone with free wifi and phone calls which was great to use for maps when travelling around the city. The washing machine was handy as we were halfway through our trip so it was great to leave with a bag full of clean clothes. Staff were extremely polite and helpful.

• Studio Suite

Would have been nice to have late 5.00 pm check out for late flight but cost was excessive at whole day rate.

Proximity to Earls court station on the Piccadilly line with direct access to Heathrow airport and about 15 minutes to city sights on tube. Studio apartment was large, modern and comfortable in quiet, safe street. Washing machine was handy after several weeks of travel. Nice touch to have milk and bottled water in the fridge and fresh fruit on the table. Serviced weekly but extra towels provided on request.

• Studio Suite

We liked the location and the room was big enough to give us all we space we needed with great view from the 5th floor,overall excellent and we will recommend to friends and be back ourselves 😊

• Studio Suite

I wasn't too keen on the entry procedure with a keypad to press no. of apartment when I didn't have a room at that point. However when I called reception someone came to open the door. It doesn't look like an hotel from the front and I was a little worried that I was in the wrong place.

When we saw our room it had a balustrade in front of the window which blocked some of the light and I asked if it was possible to move to a lighter room. This was done and we had a wonderful room on the 5th floor with fantastic views over London. Everyone was very helpful and the facilities were spotless - there was even a couple of bottles of mineral water provided in the fridge for us.

• Premier Studio Suite

We stayed six nights and a change of towels half way would have been good. The heated towel rail didn't work even after maintenance man looked at it.

The beds were very comphy and the towels were fluffy. The clothes horse was excellent as was the pod coffee machine. Every front desk staff member was very helpful and friendly.

• Premier Studio Suite

If you room is in front of the elevator, you might find it a little noisy.

Very good location and the size of the room is just perfect. The room it well cleaned too.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Windows to be able to stay open when the wind is blowing and not close and open on their own (when in the open position)

Loved the entire apartment. Cute decor, comfortable bed, super clean environment.

• Studio Suite

It was excessively warm in the building - but the reception manager told me they were having an issue with the heater which seemed to be overheating, so I presume that's getting fixed. I also flagged an issue with a noisy air conditioner/heater in room 34, but it wasn't a big deal, as I just opened the windows instead.

The apartment was very well equipped. Even had a washing machine, which came in handy. The bed was comfortable and I appreciated their effort to accommodate me as a light sleeper - I had a room on the back side, facing a garden and it was very quiet.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I could hear the guy next door to me snoring so badly. More sound-proof for the walls wont be a bad idea...

location was great and the staff were super friendly!

• Premier Studio Suite

I like to highly recommend this place, the staff were very nice and helpful. The room was large and had everything you might need, it was very clean and I liked the design. The beds were comfortable and we had good night sleeps. It was very close to the underground and there were some restaurants and cafes close by. It felt a little bit like home away from home. It was located in a very calm area so it was comfortable to arrive at the hotel at a busy day in the city.

• Studio Suite

Room not serviced daily. Extra charge for towels - though never charged but told there would be an extra charge. Bath towels too large - not necessary to be soo large - also heavy.

Bed too small. No real place to eat meals other than counter bar or from small coffee tables in lounge in front of TV

• Studio Suite

Templeton Place feels more like a comfortable apartment than a hotel. The room was very spacious, with high ceilings and tall windows that let in plenty of light - quite a pleasant surprise since many London hotel rooms are tiny and cramped. The kitchen was equipped with everything necessary to prepare a simple meal. There was even a washing machine in the room! The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom had a nice bathtub. There were many small details that showed attention to the guest's comfort and wellbeing.

• Studio Suite

Modern vibrant feel, true London experience, ideal location in terms of access to cafes, restaurants,public transport & amenities. While at Templeton place, nothing could have been better. We were extremely happy with space, facilities, staff approach & cleanliness. Overall, there was every possible effort & consideration to make it a comfortable stay. I would never go to hotels if I found such standards maintained elsewhere.

• Premier Studio Suite

The lift was broken. We were living on the 3rd floor with two big suitcases. That is the only thing I have to complain.

Very good location and service. The staff is very kind and nice. The kitchen is very good. Comfortable bed.

• One-Bedroom Suite

We wanted our room to be cleaned. For stays less than a week there is a 30 pound fee for cleaning. Also it would have been nice if we had extras in the bathroom.

Location. Good size studio. Clean. Bathroom was perfect.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

It would have been nice to know exactly when cleaning staff were scheduled to visit. Drains in bath and shower were partially blocked.

Location and space. Friendly and fast responses from staff when things needed fixing.

• Studio Suite

The lift was broken for most of my 8 day stay. Difficult when you are on the 4th floor. On the Saturday night a group had a gathering in an apartment on my floor. My apartment was not noise proof and the noise travelled. (Finished at 4am!)

Modern, clean and well equipped apartment. Had everything one required. Staff allowed me to check in early. This was much appreciated. Location great for tube station.

• Studio Suite

Staff. Money (in bills) we kept in the safe disappeared! (See my general comment). The reception was very helpful and professional, though.

Location, the property itself

• Studio Suite

The staff was friendly and helpful and the property was well maintained. The station was only 5 mins away from us and there was a good selection of restaurants in the area. It was convenient and the atmosphere was great. We would definitely come back!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Studio Suite

The rain and snow outside

Room was very nice, clean and had everything you need. Especially like the location and value. Have stayed at much more expensive places in London that did not come close to how nice these rooms are. Large rooms, very clean, lots of extras.

• Studio Suite

The wardrobe had two rows of hangers with a shelf between which meant only children's clothes, trousers or short tops could be hung in there. My husband had a suit jacket and shirt which would have been all crumpled up at the bottom had we hung them in there. Pretty useless.

Everything we needed (except somewhere to hang clothes) in a small but comfortable space. Loved the view of the London Skyline. Very short walk from Earl's Court underground station. Beautiful building. Staff very friendly. Would definitely go back again.

• Premier Studio Suite

Apartment was absolutely immaculate, we only stayed for one night but would be a perfect hotel for a long weekend, as it has a kitchen and somewhere to sit and eat. Really close to the station and quiet!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Sofa was a little small. Oven/ microwave was complicated to use. Lift was quite snug too with luggage.

Excellent location. Close to loads of restaurants and shops . Plenty of space.

• Studio Suite

No toothpaste and toothbrush and slippers, water supply for shower is not strong enough, tv is in dinning rm, which you can not see tv on bed

Very friendly frontdesk, rm is tidy, bed is large, very food district

• One-Bedroom Suite

Lighting in the kitchen area inadequate and floor hadn't been cleaned in living /kitchen area. Lighting controls were very tricky and need directions in the information folder.

Very helpful staff.

• Studio Suite

There was nothing I didn't like everything was just perfect....

The apartment it had everthing you needed to just be comfortable or cook a nice dinner for two. The special touches for me personally was the complimentary bottle of wine that was pit on the table for me for my birthday which was lovely and the fact that the cheeky apartment number was my age,very amusing. I had an awesome one night stay with my partner for my birthday. Thank you so much.🎂🍺🍾🍷🍽👍

• Premier Studio Suite

Towels could have been changed more regularly.

Wonderful location with great access to shops and restaurants nearby. Minutes walk from the tube. Helpful, accessible, friendly staff. Ability to cook and prepare own food was an added bonus.

• Studio Suite

Only complaint was that our room on the ground floor was right next to the reception desk. On checking in we were told the door was very "thick" (soundproof), but we could hear every new arrival and departure. A minor gripe, and if you get a room upstairs, not a problem.

Modern, clean place built into a series of old rowhouses is only steps from Earl's Court tube station on the Piccadilly Line, so it's a one-seat ride from Heathrow Airport. We chose it for the fully equipped kitchen, which we used often to save $$ on meals, and for its washing machine. Room was spacious and even came with a "Handy" android phone that we could use for Google Maps navigation while out, with no charges. Seven-night minimum.

• Studio Suite

The hotel located in a great area very close the underground station and very close to a supermarket and a lot of coffee shops and restaurants. The room is very spacious, clean and equipped. The staff is very friendly and helpful. we will definitely return.

• Premier Studio Suite

Someone had set the fire alarm off at 7am on a Sunday and when I passed the reception to inquire, the other staff member seemed less sympathetic and just shrugged the matter off.

One of the staff members (Philippe) was very hospitable and accommodating.

• Premier Studio Suite

This is a comment to ensure that management make sure of the upkeep and maintenance so it stays as one of its best in the neighborhood and within its category.

Space and layout of the room, and the good service by staff.

• Premier Studio Suite

I asked 5 times to change my room to another one. because staff smoked downstairs regularly, But nobody figured out this problem and all my complaints was unresolved. Earl's court is not safe and quite, especially I am not recommend to visit this place with family. #

• Studio Suite

We loved our stay at Templeton Place for 5 nights. The staff were very friendly and always assisted us when required. Our room was exactly as the photos showed on Booking.com. The room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had great views from our room. Excellent location to Restaurants, Pubs, Supermarkets, Banks etc. The tube was just around the corner. We will definitely be staying here next time in London.

• Studio Suite

only very very small thing. But would be good to have a tv you can watch from bed

The flat was very clean and really nice décor very modern. Location was nice and staff very friendly. I will use again

• Studio Suite

My room was at the ground floor. The reception was just opposite to my room's door. I could hear every conversation when visitors were checking in and out and also when the staff at the reception were speaking or just moving around papers. It was just as if my room had no door at all. It was very uncomfortable. It was also not very conformable when all the people who walk on the street can see what you are doing in your room. I travel almost monthly and for the first time in my life I had to ask the staff to move me to another room. To my surprise, they ignored my request. For four nights nobody bothered to change the bed sheets or towels and I thought I booked a 4 star Aparthotel. At the 4 star places I usually visit, this is done daily.

The apartment was equipped with everything you would need. From coffee machine to an ironing board. The apartment was big enough for a single traveler like me and had plenty of space. The wi-fi connection was good.

• Studio Suite

A few things missing from the welcome pack (no fruit or chocolates) and one window didn't shut properly. Otherwise excellent.

Very clean, kitchen very well equipped, very comfortable.

• Premier Studio Suite

No faults at all, I would certainly book an apartment next time.

Excellent place to stay. By far for me, better than any hotel I have stayed in London. Cleanliness excellent, facilities excellent for self catering, courteous and very professional staff. They really made you feel welcome, safe and they make you feel at home. People who work there an asset to their organisation. They really know what hospitality is about and they do their job excellently 24/7. I recommend Templeton Place as the number 1 place stay in London.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The apartment was large, well furnished, quiet, clean, light and airy. The staff are outstanding - nothing was too much bother. A couple of small issues in the superb apartment (best bed and shower of our trip of over 3 months!) were resolved very quickly and a bottle of wine presented to us for any inconvenience. Location - terrific, just around the corner from Earls Court tube station. Supermarket - a couple of minutes walk to Sainsburys.

• Studio Suite

There was no mirror available near the hairdryer. Electrical sockets for purposes like charging your phone were a bit difficult to reach. Lighting in front of the bathroom mirror and vanity mirror could have been better.

The apartment was very clean, and the view from the 5th floor very nice. The hotel is located near a tube station and yet along a quiet street. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Premier Studio Suite

This is a fabulous location - a 5 minute walk to Earls Court - with the bonus of being on a quiet street whilst being so close to all the amenities Earls Court has to offer. The staff was great and attentive to needs, the back garden was a lovely spot to relax, and the property is clean and well appointed. We will be back and I will share Templeton Place with my friends.

• Premier Studio Suite

WIFI was very bad ,and curtains too light to sleep well ,main entrance opening system didn't work from room phone, a bit expensive for what it was

large room ,good facilities ,clean ,nice surrounding ,friendly staff

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Noisy in room airconditioner unable to sleep with it on, cigarette smoke from open windows, ineffective clothes dryer, patchy wifi in both the bedrooms, leaky ceiling in the living area on the first night.

Great staff especially Felipe and Melissa, location, living room size, free WiFi phone, reasonably equipped kitchen.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Studio Suite

The location is fantastic, just around the corner from Earls Court tube so extremely easy to get to all parts of London. Lovely, helpful staff. We were on the top floor and had a lovely view from our studio apartment which was very compact but well designed and equipped with everything we needed. Lots of shops, pubs and restaurants nearby. We really enjoyed everything about Templeton Place.

• Premier Studio Suite

Excellent accomodation; modern, clean and well equipped. Friendly, helpful staff and a great location a few minutes from Earls Court Underground, shops and restaurants make this the complete package in terms of London accommodation.

• Studio Suite

No luggage rack in the room

the layout of the room; the amenities in the room (pls put luggage rack and all will be complete); location on a quiet street with great accessibilities to public transport, eating & shopping places and tourists' attractions.

• Premier Studio Suite

A microwave would be really, really useful. Also, since there is nobody at reception desk on weekends, you may be ready to contact them by phone if you need help.

Location is great. Very quite street just 2 min from the underground. That station combines 3 lines in fact, so you may reach Heathrow, Paddington and many places without changing the line. Lots of restaurants, cofeeshops, few supermarkets nearby. We stayed in a room looking to the yard, on the highest floor, so only birds' singing was heard usually, and it was really amazing.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Studio Suite

The fridge is not adequate for the well equipped kitchen

The apartment is in great part of London close to the tube making getting to different parts of London easy .

• Studio Suite

Trying to call the help line to try and find the address, and also being told while I was outside the place that my funds were declined when they wern't by one of the people over the phone.

Overall area.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Studio Suite

Close to public transport and livelihood in a very quiet street, perfect location! Service was great, we could leave the luggage on our travel day and call a staff member of the hotel next door to let us in

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Studio Suite

Easy check-in, very clean, great space and all you need for a work trip to London when you don't require 24 hour hotel service. It's my go to accommodation.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Studio Suite

There was something wrong with the door of the flat : it needs to be repaired

It was very comfortable and very well situated (near tube station and bus stops)

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Premier Studio Suite

Great location....so close to Earls Court Train Station. Close to cafes, restaurants, shops. Very good kitchen facilities (including a Nespresso machine), so when eating out got to much...I was able to buy fresh food close by and eat in. Very nice, spacious, modern apartment. Santa, the manager, was very helpful.

• Studio Suite

There is no reception or staff from Friday to Monday! We ran out of coffee and clean towels. There is an emergency contact. The Piccadilly line was not functioning properly

The space,cleanliness,willingness of the staff. Also the coffee machine and washing/dryer

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Bed too small.

Besides the bed being a bit small for two people, eveything was amazing. Great staff, great location, and the room had everything we needed and some.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

If there had been a door to the bedroom.

It was very modern and clean. The bed was comfortable. We appreciated the bowl of fruit, Nespresso coffee and little goodies.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Premier Studio Suite

Maybe they can put better heater equipment, my heater seems not working (turn off after several minutes) but the room temperature is already warm enough for other people

Cleanliness, strategic place, big room, complete facilities

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

The only problem we've ever come across was the emergency contact which didn't work - the street lost power and water and we could not contact anyone via the emergency number for help. We had to buy bottled water and the lack of emergency lighting was an issue once the phone charge died. We have since been told that this issue is resolved, and we have already booked again as we trust their word.

Second stay - perfect location and facilities for us. The washing machine makes longer stays easy, and the local supermarkets and restaurants were minutes away and excellent.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Premier Studio Suite

That we only got our towels changed once a week and had to pay if we wanted new ones before then

The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating and the bed was very comfy!

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Studio Suite

Windows were not well isolated and we could feel the London wind at all times. Cleaning/housekeeping is only done once per week, so if you stay for 5 days you don't get the studio cleaned or towels changed.

Great location, very comfortable room with plenty of space and a large bathroom, much better than a regular hotel for longer stays. Great view from the last floor! Plenty of small restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Studio Suite

The fact that there is no staff or reception during weekends. We barely saw an employee for the hotel except for one morning.

Location location location...Ideal location for anyone who wants easy access to the underground while at the same time not too far from the center of attraction of the city of London. The executive studio suites on the 5th floor is spacious and fits a couple comfortably

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Cant think of anything

The rooms were very spacious and in immaculate(new) condition. The quiet location was also fantastic, with a 3 minute walk to Earls court tube station. Easily the best place that we have stayed in London. Will definitively stay here next time we are in London.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Premier Studio Suite

Can't think of a thing that I didn't like about this property!

Great location just steps from the Earl's Court tube stop on the Piccadilly line, but still on a quiet street. The property itself is very modern and comfortable with all the amenities. We enjoyed having the extra living space with refrigerator, toaster, etc and liked having breakfast there before going out for the day. The staff was extremely helpful and responsive. We'll definitely recommend this to friends and hope stay there again ourselves if/when we get back to London.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Premier Studio Suite

The bath and the shower floor are slippery, making their use a kind of challenging. More light in the bathroom would be helpful, reducing the guessing when shaving or similar activities. Last, the minuscule soap and the once- a-week (only) change of towels are probably a good fit to a tight budget accommodation, but we've expected more.

*Location: close to Tube Station, to restaurants, cafe and supermarket. yet quiet *Room: spacious and pleasant. *Amenities: modern and good quality; excellent bed, fast lift *Service: efficient and pleasant, although during the weekday business hours only. During the weekend it can be more unnerving, but expected at an apartment hotel (as opposed to a real hotel).

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Studio Suite

No 24 hour reception services. I didn't test the place in emergency cases (key is not working for example)

A nice and spacious modern unit for the same value of 4 star room in the same area.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

I can't fault it

I have stayed in perhaps a dozen hotels around the Earls Court & South Kensington area in the past. For my needs this is easily the best, and I am sure I will be back here. Easy access from Underground about 200m away. Modern renovation with well equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, Very spacious (for London) dining / lounge area. Comfortable bed with plenty of wardrobe space in bedroom. decent sized bathroom (with full sized bath). High stud room with large sash windows gives the place a nice light and airy feel. Pleasant little private garden. A multitude of other little touches that make you feel welcome and at home, and know that thought has gone into guest comfort (like leaving a reusable fabric shopping bag in the unit, and having a couple of washing machine tablets so you don't need to go and buy a whole box just to do one load of washing). Efficient and helpful reception staff (although staff are only on site during weekday working hours, so if you're arriving outside those hours make sure you know how to get in).

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Studio Suite

Had a bit of trouble working out how to operate the safe, but then it's probably just me. A little short on drawers and shelves to put your unpacked clothes (a pet peeve of mine). 'Energy saver' lights in the bathroom made it downright gloomy. Shower door should be 'sliding' instead of opening out, right into the towel rack. Nothing major though.

A mini apartment around the corner from Earl's Court. Good amenities, although we didn't use them (kitchen; stove/oven; washer/dryer)...

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Everything was just as we expected and desired. The staff was very nice and the location was very convenient - just around the corner from Earls Court Tube station. We want to give special thanks to Santa and the maintenance person. We needed a piece of our luggage repaired and he had the tool needed to get it fixed. It saved us a lot of time and expense.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Studio Suite

Fantastic location, just minutes from Earl's Court tube station and plenty of restaurants, cafés, etc. Wonderful view from studio 51 on the fifth floor.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Water heater was highly erratic...very hot to icy cold without changing the knob. Portable aircon kinda noisy...

The apartment was very cosy, comfy bed linens, nice living and kitchen area...

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Premier Studio Suite

A vanity mirror in the room would be a good plus . Drapes difficult to operate

Clean spacious and comfortable. All amenities available . Good location .perfect for long term stays makes you feel like home

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Studio Suite

Had a problem with checking in on a weekend. I suggest additional toiletries be added otherwise everything was fine

Very clean. Location was excellent. staff were very helpful and accommodating. Quick reply to inquiries. Bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Studio Suite

We stayed here for 8 days and our room was serviced just once during our stay. Would be great if the room was serviced atleast a couple of more times.

Location was great, 5 mins walk to the metro station. Halal restaurants in the close vicinity.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Premier Studio Suite

No dishwasher or microwave Change of towels and linen should be sheduled more regularly with stays longer than 7 days

The bed the layout of the room and the spacious studio

Browse Templeton Place traveller photo gallery