Reviews of Grange Beauchamp Hotel 4 stars

24 - 27 Bedford Place, Bloomsbury, Camden, London, WC1B 5JH, United Kingdom

#251 of 977 hotels in London

Very Pleasant But You Choose To Pay A Premium
    • Comfort Triple Room

Elephants in room above …. heaven knows what tune they were dancing to but 2 out of 5 nights were disturbed by their thumping well into the late hours.

Great location, very quiet and reasonably close to West End Theatres and some nice eating places. Tip : Have breakfast at Russell Square café in the park, literally 90 seconds walk away. Even on an English "hot" day it was extremely pleasant and open 7 days. Air-conditioning was fabulous … once we tweaked it to prevent freezing to death and room size was great, which we expected considering the price :-) Reception organised a car to Heathrow … well worth the quite reasonable cost compared to an ordinary taxi.

Spacious room with big bed and luxurious surroundings
    • Executive Double Room

Bathroom was very dated in terms of style and didn’t suit the rest of the hotel Breakfast was nice but staff were not friendly as I would expect and for the price of the room I would expect breakfast to be included

Spacious room with big bed and luxurious surroundings

OK in the end, after I put my foot down.

Being sent round the houses, literally.

When I arrived they told me there was a problem with my room, and asked me to head over to one of their other hotels nearby. When I got there I wasnt happy, and after a bit of to and fro, they agreed to find me a better room. I was very happy with the room they did find me in the end.

Lovely big room, very clean, with a huge comfy bed.

Lovely big room, very clean, with a huge comfy bed. Reception staff were very friendly & polite. Excellent central location. Would definitely go back again.

Nice night in the Capital

The bathroom was just a little small, you could only move around in it if the door was completely closed.

Comfy, great location and staff were excellent.

The location is very good.

The bathroom. Very unintuitive fixtures and even if the water has pressure you don’t get enough water to actually shower.

The location is very good. It is close to British Museum, very central and close to the Underground station with easy connection to Heathrow.

Can’t wait to do it again. Loved every moment. .

Really wnt to complain. But I have nothing to complain about. Thank you.

It nice to be greeted with a smile, and how was our journey. Very present stay. Your staff , mad us feel very welcome. Also that if there was anything, we wanted ,or needed. It would be done. So friendly. Thank you very much for a great experience. We will recommend your hotel. To friends. 😃😃

Bed quality needs to improve

That bed was terribly hard. Couldnt sleep well at all. Woke up with pain all over my body.

Very spacious suite with huge bed and sitting area. Very good Wifi. Charming staff. Good location close to buses, tube, restaurants and British Museum. Walking distance to Covent Garden, Aldwych etc.

I did not like the fact that the bathroom sink was clogged...

I did not like the fact that the bathroom sink was clogged and had to call upon my arrival. The shower drain was also very slow and water would build up to our heels. There was two of us and the morning of our second night only one bath towel and one washcloth were provided and also had to call to request them

The location being so close to Covent Garden and the tube,...

The price of the breakfast - quoted exclusive of VAT and that was expensive enough!

The location being so close to Covent Garden and the tube, together with the friendliness of the staff

Everything was excellent.Right down to the quality tea bags..

We enjoyed our stay,unfortunately it wasn’t long enough.

It was my 70th Birthday on the day we arrived.The Reception upgraded our room to a Suite and sent us cake and drinks to the room.FABULOUS TREATMENT...😀🎉

Location was excellent, in a quiet part of London but close...
    • Comfort Triple Room

We had the room 10 the large triple room below ground floor..there was something beeping all the time outside the room, possibly a generator which was annoying.

Location was excellent, in a quiet part of London but close to the tube

Wonderful hotel with kindest staff

I liked everything from this stay.

I stayed 2 nights with wife & baby and it was a great experience. I'd highly recommend it, and I'd definitely stay in that hotel in the future. Staff were kind and helpful. We stayed in an Executive Room which was large and comfortable. Restaurant was good too.

Peaceful and picturesque place , good quality service for daily life
    • Comfort Triple Room

The desserts were not various and especially those with fresh fruit because not tasty as not produced in England. I think some English cakes such as lemon sponge cake or oats cake with rasperry jam would be more typical... We had no hair drier in the bathroom and the shower is fixed on the wall not very handful

We enjoyed the evening meal with the roasted chicken and the home made soup. The English breakfast is good, a bit expensive.. The comfort of the bedroom, the size of beds , the quiet area in Bloomsberry..the nearest park not far from the British Museum. People in the hotel were kind . I think most of them are not English, a bit difficult to understand their English sometimes.... Many things to enjoy ...

Enjoyed the hotel and location overall

A member of staff knocked our door at 4.30 to give us two chocolates and woke us both up from a nap. Please don't do this. A bigger lounge area would be nice and the chairs were very uncomfortable

Food was excellent although the price of breakfast was too expensive so ate elsewhere.Lunch and dinner prices were more reasonable.

London is vibrant and exciting and the hotel is perfect situated to visit all sites

Pillows were lumpy and smelly and air conditioner was noisy

Location was fabulous, close to theatre district, museums and train station. Lovely parks nearby

Location was great, staff very friendly, room was very...

Door didn’t align to room right so let light in & meant every noise outside could be heard along with a shaking of the door on opening of another close by (from outside), TV pretty small for distance away from bed.

Location was great, staff very friendly, room was very spacious & very well designed.

Go for a double executive, if your budget allows.

I had initially booked a double superior room, which was not good so I had to upgrade to a double executive room, which was perfectly fine.

Go for a double executive, if your budget allows.

A fabulous weekend
    • Comfort Quadruple Room

The bathroom was a little tired but still useable.

The room was large enough for four of us, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, they even sent us cake and orange juice for my birthday which was a lovely gesture. The location was excellent.

Staff fantastic., bathrooms need updating. But very clean and comfortable

Bathroom very outdated. Needs retileing. The pedal bin wouldn't open without me having to touch the lid. It was a little noisy I could here people walking back and fourth above us.

Staff were wonderful and so welcoming. It's the second time we have visited.

nice and comfortable place in an excellent location.

- no coat hangers in the room, I had to squeeze mine into the tiny closet space where it was effectively rubbing the floor - there were warnings all around the place, saying the hotel is not taking responsibility for any personal belongings left in the room: not only laptops and valuables, but practically everything. this was pretty disconcerting.

nice and comfortable place in an excellent location. the staff was very welcoming and helpful. it was my second time at the Beauchamp - and I'll definitely be back

Great location for a comfortable stay in London !
    • Single Cabin Room

The breakfast is only included at an extra cost. The tv wasn’t working right as well, I think it was the remote or something?

It was nice and quiet. It was Also a good location and near the tube station. Everyone was very nice as well.

Nice hotel with great location.
    • Comfort Quadruple Room

The breakfast was nice and there was a good selection but the room service food was not great.

Room was clean and beds were comfortable. The location was terrific.

Short stay but poor overall
    • Single Cabin Room

The bathroom roof had water pouring into the room - only found this out at 5am when the sound of dripping woke me up. I was in London for a job interview so didn't want to change rooms at 5am. Very expensive for what it was.

Helpful staff.

Pathetically small for a double. Noisy air-conditioning. Broken tiles, screw heads showing with sharp corners, Flaking paint and chrome on the bathroom door, kettle hidden in cupboard for sake of space, ditto hair drier in drawer, stupid subtitles on TV and no control button to remove them. SUPERIOR ROOM was not. Too many stupid cushions

Helpful staff. Bed was comfortable. Location was good, quiet road.

Very enjoyable

See above

Didn't have coffee or use wifi. Would prefer hairdryer that works without having to keep on button pressed down which is very tricky when you have arthritis in your hand!

Perfect location for a short trip

This hotel was such a find! Amazing location, superb quality and excellent value. Staff were very helpful and our room was outstanding. They even brought us a birthday treat. We will definitely stay again. Thanks for making our stay so enjoyable.

staff was very friendly and helpful.

The room was very small and the bathroom was very outdated.

staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location close to 2 tube stations and right in front of the British Museum.

Location of Beauchamp was fantastic, easy to park outside at weekend and access to city incredible.

We were disappointed on room cleanliness and bed linen. My partner had skin rash after sleeping overnight at hotel, sorry to have to say.

Room size, location, friendly staff.

Nice, comfortable stay.
    • Comfort Triple Room

No bottles of water for the kettle (i dont like using tap water but that is me being overly fussy). Couldnt work out the lights!! House keeping had to show me that i need to use my door card to turn the lights on! Little chilly in the room too, even after wacking the heating up. Many doors to open, to get to our actual room, with a suitcase and child in a wheelchair, was a little difficult.

Room was lovely and modern. Bathroom great size and loved that it had an actual bath. They even gave my daughter a complimentary slice of birthday cake! Lovely touch and made her extremely happy.

Comfy bed, good toiletries, biscuits with tea tray.
    • Single Cabin Room

Noise from upstairs at night from another guest simply walking around their room. Additional cost of breakfast too expensive so I went out for it.

Comfy bed, good toiletries, biscuits with tea tray. Very helpful staff gave me an upgrade when my room not ready for early checkin.

The staff went out of their way to help us with our small...

We offered a choice of a cooked breakfast or the buffet which we thought was a bit mean, we paid 35 pounds for toast coffee and some fruit.

The staff went out of their way to help us with our small baby

Paddle pool Hotel

We found the water to be not very hot the bathrooms extremely difficult to get out of due to the position of the sliding door for the shower we also had a flood in the middle of the night the floor was soaking wet staff told us we should have alerted them straight away but in the early hours of the morning we didn't fancy being changed room so we dealt with it ourselves but they kept stressing at all we should have told them straight away not really what we wanted to hear we just wanted an apology and maybe some compensation but the staff said it wasn't within their power to do that will they need to be given that power still waiting for an email from management to resolve something but as yet not heard anything

Room size was excellent the beds were extremely comfortable and room service was excellent

Overall not bad for London for the price. Hotel has nice atmosphere thanks to staff. But wasn't qui!

Bed was very short! And air con was weird going from hot to freezing. I was not able to turn off air con but the staff had to do it from outside. So then I couldn't adjust it when it was getting cold...

It did have quite good extra details like good tea selection, nice toiletries, bath robe. Friendly staff. Quiet.

Clean hotel

I could hear all the noise in the halls, smallest conversations people/staff had as they walked through (early in the morning) came straight through my room, i guess thin walls Also very weak water in the shower

Clean hotel Great location Elevator Polite staff

Regency with all the comforts and not the cost.

If you are lucky enough to get this accommodation at a rate and on a date that is as value for money as I did (varies wildly in London) then this would be one of the most delightful accommodation bargains in Bloomsbury.

Great overall but the room was a little too small.

The A/C unit didn’t really work well. My room was 27 degrees if I kept the window closed. I told the front desk and someone came to help but it didn’t make any difference.

Clean and looked great

my whole family enjoyed stay at hotel

our room was at lower ground so no view

location is in central London , Russel and holborn stations are near from there you can take tube to all over London.Hotel was very quiet , clean , friendly staff.

Very comfortable in a room and location perfect for our needs.
    • Comfort Triple Room

I stayed with two sisters sharing a family room of two double beds. Our room was huge so we loved the openness of the space and the comfort of the room.

Felt comfortable and relaxed , ( but my room could have slept about 5 people too many beds for me )

The TV was quite small and the remote control didn't work when useing it from the bed ! Also would have preferred a room with some view as I was under ground !

The room was very spacious and clean , the bed was very comfortable .

Great small hotel, polite and helpful staff.
    • Single Cabin Room

The washroom was a little too narrow and the storage space a little awkward. The heating system seemed a little confusing to use.

It was clean and quiet.

Highly recommended

What’s not to like??

Great location in a quiet area. Minutes from Russell Square tube station. Staff are so welcoming. We got a free upgrade. And the room was lovely.

A very comfortable night's sleep in a spacious, pleasant room.

Room was cool, dark, spacious, quiet and clean. Bed was very comfy with an extensive selection of pillows! Nice bathroom too. Very friendly and helpful staff.

The service and staff property fabuless :)

At first, the hot water were poor as well as the water flow at the shower, but after we turn to one of the staff workers fix it and moved us to another room, wisch was much better :)

The service and staff property fabuless :)

not good at all
    • Comfort Quadruple Room

i've never thought that i paid a large amount of money but being sent to live in the basement room. Plus, when i got my room card and it only has room number, i asked the waitress which floor my room was located and she told me to look for it myself!!!!! The room is clean and room service is good but the environment and the waitress at the counter is not good i don't recommend you to live in this hotel

VERY OVERPRICED AND VERY RUDE ARROGANT STAFF! WILL NEVER STAY HERE OR RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!

Very overpriced for what you get.....or not get. Loads of cr@p tea on the tray, no decaffeinated tea at all so had to ask for that. Only one spare pillow, one dressing gown and no blanket in the cupboard so had to ask for those. No complimentary water at all but was offered one bottle by the receptionist on the first night only to not get it until the next morning....after I asked about it. The attitude of the staff, including the duty manager was very arrogant and rude and didn't give a cr@p that we were unhappy. For what we paid for the room only, and originally was a standard double, we feel very cheated! We will NEVER stay at a Grange hotel again and will NEVER recommend this hotel chain to anyone who wants a stay in London. Especially when we found no end of two night stays in nicer hotels WITH breakfast for £100 less than this less than average hotel. Not happy at all!!

The room upgrade but everything else was not good at all

Comfort small hotel in nice area

The size of the room is a joke for two people, there was no storage place for the suitcases and drawers also a hanger on the wall would be a nice idea for coats. Generally speaking the superior room that we stayed is basically for one person or two without luggage and clothes!😜

Staff was friendly, the location and the amenities

I would stay there again as great location and very well appointed bedrooms.

full breakfast was very expensive £24 so we didn't partake. Check-in (electronic) at the reception desk seemed overly long. I always find the bed duvet too hot; just a sheet option (available in the cupboard) would have been welcome.

bedroom was very smart and comfortable

London Business Trip

Excellent location, ideally situated between two tube stations providing access throughout London. Staff were very friendly and helpful, room was bigger than expected with all the requirements to make my stay comfortable.

Very helpful staff, clean room, good selection of teas in...
    • Single Cabin Room

The windows are not isolated properly so it was quite cold in the area close to the windows. This unfortunately includes the desk, which made working uncomfortable (cold!).

Very helpful staff, clean room, good selection of teas in the room!

Clean and comfortable
    • Single Cabin Room

The decor was very brown

The bed was comfortable, the room was a good size and it was in a quiet street; I slept well. I had a special offer (£74 a night) so it was a good deal. I didn't pay extra for breakfast because I knew a good cheap café in the neighbourhood.

Comfortable beds, large room, fabulous location. Awkward bathroom, inconsistent turn down .

Needlessly complicated shower / bath controls. Ridiculous. Couldn't truly turn water off unless you hit a minute sweet spot. No towel warmer. Our sons room lacked truly warm water (never mind hot) till the last day. Seriously overpriced breakfast.

Location was perfect

Friendly staff

Noicy Hotel, couldnt sleep due to walking in the room above and was given a room next to elevator. Very poor sound isolation. On arrival the room was boiling hot, I asked the staff to help me with the room tempreture. Later in the evening when I got back to the hotel the room was bit cold, during the night it was freezing cold in the room, the temp controller was shut down.

Friendly staff

Amazing birthday weekend!

The bath took a bit longer than the average to run but still a lovely bathroom

My boyfriend told them it was my birthday - room upgrade which was massive! Also had cake and juice delivered to them room on arrival. Staff could not have been any better. Amazing stay. Lovely hotel

First class

Nothing was too much hassle for the team here. They supported us during a very difficult and challenge family situation, resolved issues for accommodation as our situation unfolded and went out of their way to make our stay as stress free as possibe, fantastic team, really comfortable hotel and would highly recommend this. Comfort, customer service, thank you guys.

Fabulous weekend away

I emailed the hotel asking for something special in our room for my husbands birthday. Actually upgraded us to a junior suite plus the best chocolate gateau we’ve had in ages. Also try to stay in the Bloomsbury Grange hotels on our visits to London. Excellent customer service and very personal feel in the hotels.

the construct man came very early and and they were working...

the construct man came very early and and they were working outside my room, noises wake me up in the morning. also the sound insulation was bad. I can hear people talking in the next room all night along.

multiple misunderstandings due to unclear communication at...
    • Single Cabin Room

multiple misunderstandings due to unclear communication at reception, led to me paying for breakfast, which was promised to be complimentary. No flexibility or service mindset at reception unfortunately

Convenient. Nice.

Extremely thin walls (hearing neighbours, their movements in the morning, which can wake you up). The slowly responsive aircon, which doesn't keep the set temperature nor ceases to work immediately when switched off, so extreme temperatures on both sides are likely to occur.

The matress and the tea-making tray with biscuits were great. The location is fairly central as well and the staff is very nice.

Highly recommended. Lovely, quite boutique hotel in the heart of London.

It was faultless.

My first stay at Grange Beauchamp was amazing. The staff were welcoming and incredibly helpful. Upon arrival, I was told that my room had been upgraded (I wasn't expecting this). The room was faultless- I was upgraded to the Junior Suite and I was suitably impressed. The room was very well appointed, very clean with no signs of wear. Everything felt quality, even down to the robes in the huge bathroom. I ordered room service and again it was faultless. Very polite and helpful and was in the room within minutes of my order. Would totally recommend. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Lovely stay. They upgraded us on arrival which was unexpected and very impressive.

Breakfast was WAY too pricey at £23 each. We went to the cafe in the park which was fantastic.

Friendly staff and Location was ideal for our Theatre trip.

Location was great and easy to walk to Tube, bus and...

Wifi did not work in my room, most annoying when on a business trip.

Location was great and easy to walk to Tube, bus and restaurants. Hotel was neat, clean and orderly. Staff were friendly and attentive. Remembering this is London so room are small and odd shaped however decor was nice.

Would definately stay here again.

We asked the night porter if he could book us a cab for the morning & he was not particularly helpful. However the staff on the desk in the morning sorted us out in no time.

The room was spacious and very clean apart from a few tiles in the bathroom. Beds were extremely comfortable & staff turned down beds & sorted out black out curtains in evening. Breakfast was not included & at £23 a head, we chose to eat at St Pancras.

Room was a little small kept banging my leg on the table at...

Room was a little small kept banging my leg on the table at the bottom of the bed For the price of 312 pounds for 2 nights i thought breakfast was included If i had left the booking till the day before it was 100 pounds cheaper

Very nice hotel in great location and free upgrade to boot

3pm check-in and 11am checkout with a warning via email about being fined if late to leave. I think 2pm and 12 midday are fairer for the money paid.

We got an upgrade to a junior suite on arrival. The room was fantastic and the staff were very helpful.

Convenient Location but hotel very overpriced in my view.

The room was a Double Deluxe, yet there was barely enough room in there for the bed. I am 5'10" and my feet were over the edge of the bed. The shower was weak and the bath small but still took 15 minutes to fill. I was disappointed.

Lovely

Overpriced breakfast

Excellent staff Friendly and helpful Lovely accomodation and I found my room very comfortable Breakfast a bit overpriced but decent food

The waitress at the hotel restaurant went above and beyond...
    • Comfort Triple Room

Room: We were given a basement room, which had a view of pedestrians' feet. I believe it abutted a service entrance for the kitchen/restaurant, as every morning at 8:00 AM we were woken to the clinking of glasses. Due to the time zone difference, this felt like a 3:00 AM wake-up call for us. After a couple of days, we requested a room change; we were told by the front desk that we would hear from a supervisor that evening. Instead, we received a call on our cell at 9:45 the next morning saying that we could switch rooms if we packed up and checked out of our current room by 1:00 that same afternoon. As we were already out sightseeing on a tour that I had booked and paid for three months prior, this was not a possibility. We were woken every morning for the duration of our stay--which I suppose helped us adjust to the time!--but we were not offered a discount due to the inconvenience. Internet access: Internet access was extremely spotty in the room. While an email could generally be sent, multiple devices could not be used at the same time, and online articles/photos could not be opened on social media platforms such as Facebook. When I mentioned this, I was told that IT was working on it, and then that everything was fixed, although this was not the case. Restaurant: As I mentioned, the waitstaff was lovely. Unfortunately, the food was terrible. After two meals, we abandoned the restaurant altogether, which was disappointing. We had purposely chosen a hotel with a restaurant, as we had hoped to be able to speak with a chef due to my son's food allergies. Location: In terms of location, the hotel is about a half an hour walk from many of the tourist attractions that we chose to visit (Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Piccadilly). We chose it because we had read in several books that this section of London is less touristy, and might be a welcome change in the evening after a day of sightseeing.

The waitress at the hotel restaurant went above and beyond in her attempts to accommodate my son's multiple food allergies, which I very much appreciated. The room was furnished nicely (although it was small and the rugs smelled musty), and the cleaning staff did a wonderful job, with a lovely turn-down service.

Sad reason for going but well looked after and very clean.

Nothing to dislike at all.

Very helpful staff who assisted with an upgrade from a room with a queen bed, which would have been to small for me as I am tall and largish! Great breakfast if a little pricy. Quiet road in Bloomsbury.

Best hotel in London for price.
    • Comfort Triple Room

The staff are the loveliest most professional team I have ever come across! Absolutely gorgeous little stay. So welcoming and comfortable from the minute we got there

Basement hotel rooms are not appealing, especially for the kind of money charged.
    • Comfort Quadruple Room

The room was in the basement. The place was damp and I felt like I was breathing in fungus. There was a window that looked out at a partial wall. Quite a few rooms in the hotel are at the basement level. There was no alternative room available.

The location was very convenient to tour London and right around the corner from the British Museum.

London Bloomsbury Charm

If two are travelling, request the executive room which faces onto a lovely garden. The standard room looks over the street and is quite small, although it does have everything you would need.

Perfect hotel for business or leisure. Attentive staff. The area is surprisingly quiet for the very central location. Lovely & charming.

A very good night in Central London!

A good hotel in very central London. Will allow you to walk to Covent Garden by foot and enjoy the area... The room was not huge but looked over a garden. The bed was super confortable and the receptionnist very professional. So I would book again for a reasonable price hotel in London!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The property is in a quiet street in Bloomsbury but in few...
    • Comfort Quadruple Room

The property is in a quiet street in Bloomsbury but in few minutes walk to the British Museum and eateries and 15 minute walk to Covent Garden. The room was smaller than expected but had two Queen beds for our family of 4. Our room was in the basement but got sunlight through windows. Wasn't a big issue because we were out most of the day. Overall, good and quiet neighborhood. Away from the hustle and bustle so nice to just come back and relax.

An enjoyable stay in a great location.

The bed was a little short with a narrow space to walk at the foot of the bed. However, was very cosy.

Professional and friendly staff who were efficient and helpful. Very well appointed room overlooking the quite, Victorian, Bedford Place. A great deal of thought had gone into making the room comfortable and homely. Would definitely stay again.

Browse Grange Beauchamp Hotel traveller photo gallery