Reviews of Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel, Leisure Club & Spa 4 stars

Newark Road, South Hykeham, Lincoln, LN6 9NH, United Kingdom

#10 of 19 hotels in Lincoln

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Comfortable and welcoming. Great place great staff for me and my wife. Lincoln itself is fab!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Merlot had run out but explained due to change of wine supplier. Great alternative (shiraz). Nothing really to complain about at all. A great team.

Love this hotel as we use it to visit our daughter (living in Lincoln). Always welcoming, nice carpark, great amenities (pool/gym). Only issue after using the pool, sauna&steam room, heated lounger beds was that the jacuzzi was closed for cleaning (Sunday from 6pm). Clear notice in the foyer that this was the case. Bar food and Bar staff were great (attentive and accompanying pleasant manner). Rooms were large and comfortable. Breakfast is excellent and beautifully cooked, just love the Stokes ketchup and brown sauce. Another great stay. Thanks to all at Bentley.

Nice pool including sauna and not busy at 5.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Don't think any air con. The room was a little hot at night but there again I prefer cool rooms

Nice pool including sauna and not busy at 5.30pm. Nice comfortable bathrobe provided in room. Also suggestions of places to visit provided.

Shower controls in the accessible room. We spent five minutes trying to turn it off. Not very good for anyone with dexterity problems. On off and temperature control is all in one. I advised the gentleman on the desk when checking out and he said would pass on. Will be interesting to see if it is acted on.

Swimming pool especially as no children after six. The location is great there is a big garden centre next door with several other outlets in it.

Overall, very good.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Some confusion over price of booking. We thought we had booked for two, but the hotel said that the booking was for one guest. The hotel blamed Booking.com for confusing terminology and stated that this had happened before. Okay, they were correct and it cost an extra £15 per night for a second guest. I therefore advise all prospective guests to read the T's and C's more carefully, as indeed so shall I. Rooms on the road side will know about it. One other point: Breakfast not included, so factor in another £8 per person per day.

Staff very friendly. Room very pleasant. Bar food menu as well as restaurant available. No charge for room service. Near bus service for Lincoln to avoid parking problems and one-way systems etc....

An excellent hotel with all
    • Standard Twin Room

If there was anything I would have said it at the time of my visit.!

I liked the whole experience. The staff were friendly and so very helpful . Everywhere was clean including the swimming pool. I was surprised and very pleased to have air conditioning in the bedroom. The heating could not be set below 18dg which is too hot for me.. so the air conditioning was a real bonus and I slept comfortably at night. The food was all good both in the resurant and the “lounge / casual area. I loved the chairs in the bar colourful and comfortable. This is a well run, comfortable , hotel with staff who were friendy and went out of their way to help. Well worth the four stars.

The bedroom was very large.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The bedroom was very large. The TV was a good quality and also large. It was nice to have the use of a bath a soak after a long day was perfect. The room was very quite so we had a good nights sleep. The breakfast was of good quality and large chioce. very high standard. I would stay again.

Ideal location for a visit to Lincoln City and Cathederal
    • Executive Double Room

An otherwise faultless weekend was spoilt slightly by the apparent lack of enthusiasm and "front of house" skills demonstrated by the staff - many of whom came across as being rather indifferent. Not unpleasant or uncaring - just not particularly "keen" to serve. This ranged form the fitness suite through reception to bar and restaurant / breakfast room. They just seemed to want to get the job done and finish up as soon as possible ?? Maybe a little staff re-training in order here.

A pleasant, clean, modern hotel only a short drive from the centre of Lincoln City centre. Lovely pool and fitness centre and a nice bar and restaurant.

The mattress, food in the bar , breakfast, location and the...

Our room was above the bar so could her the music. Had to go down at 2:30 am to ask the night portet to turn it down. Both pillows rather hard.. Maybe few dog friendly rooms?

The mattress, food in the bar , breakfast, location and the staff were excellent!!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Excellent in all ways
    • Standard Twin Room

I normally have things to say. on this occasion there was absolutely nothing wrong with the service I received or my stay. I would recommend to others.

I asked for a different room as connecting door in one allocated. It was no problem to the team and they were very helpful and polite. I had an excellent customer experience. This is my favourite hotel in this area of Lincoln and I have tried the other five along this stretch of the A46. So, if the price is right - stay here.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Comfortable room and super-friendly staff; bargain stay!
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was spacious with everything anyone could ever need for an overnight stay. Although the hotel is situated just off a busy roundabout; no street noise could be heard at all. The reception staff were very friendly and accommodating; helped us with local taxi numbers and assisted with breakfast arrangements - very useful given our early start the next day. The price of the room was exceptionally good value! I would definitely recommend this hotel for those travelling for business (and leisure) purposes.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Although a sad occasion, Giovanni and staff ensured that we celebrated in style .
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I was upset that one member of staff had been unecessarily rude to a young couple who were staying at The Bentley. They had arrived for breakfast just at 9.30 but we’re too late. They went out to get breakfast and a coffee from M and S. As they came back in to the hotel I told them that a distant relative was in the bar having breakfast but to go and say a quick hello. It was then that they were approached by a member of staff who confronted them about bringing coffee from elsewhere into the Bentley. I understand why this might have riled the member of staff but think that a kinder approach to them may have revealed their reasons for this.

The room and food / service was exceptional . The event was a reception following my father’s funeral.

Anniversary getaway
    • Executive Double Room

Shower hard to turn on and off.

Great pool sauna and steam room.executive double room very comfy. Tea/coffee making facilities in room with biscuits and water provided. Toiletries and bathrobes provided.

Chill out weekend in lovely Lincoln.
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing. All good and would consider going back.

Loved the chill out swimming pool, sauna, steam room facilities. Great after a work week. Breakfast was good with fresh eggs made to order. Evening meals were OK and as expected from a multi-chain group. All staff were friendly and helpful, except the small Italian waiter on Saturday evening. Shame. He needs to up his game to the same level as the rest of the staff.

Very enjoyable for a relaxing night away from reality.
    • Standard Twin Room

We enjoyed every part of our stay, we would have loved that the steam room was working but we used the rest of the facilities and really enjoyed them.

The beds were so comfortable and having air-con was amazing the best night sleep I have had in a while. The receptionist was also very helpful and helped us with all of our requests including finding decaf teabags for us.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

This was a comfortable stay and the staff were most helpful.

There were times when the bar and therefore bar food area was not "manned" - presumably whilst other jobs were being done in the kitchen or restaurant. This led to some additional waiting time. A small point but an important one. There was a sign telling customers to take care when stepping out of the bath/shower but there was no grab handle on the wall at the bath end to lend some security to the process. We are in our seventies and although still mobile do need some sort of support when stepping down onto a wet floor.

The rooms were of a good size and clean and comfortable and the staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Disappointing stay; will not be staying again!
    • Executive Double Room

On arriving at the hotel reception the receptionist was working on the computer, I patiently waited for her to look up when she didn't I had to say 'Hello' to get her attention, it then took some time to find my booking. I had asked for a quiet room to find that I had been put in a room adjacent to a very noisy dual carriageway so, I asked to be moved. I was told that because I had booked an executive room there wouldn't be a quiet room available until the following day - I suggested they moved me into a double room as they did have quiet doubles available only to be told that they couldn't do this and that the noise would die down - it didn't - I had very little sleep that night not conducive to a busy working day ahead. On my first evening I went out and didn't make a note of the room number so on my return asked for it, only to be told (three times) that I wasn't booked in - how then did I have a pass key - they finally found my booking. I went to the bar and was told that I couldn't put the drinks on my hotel bill because reception had said that I hadn't left card details - I had - reception then phoned back to confirm this. The room was clean but very outdated and in need of refurbishment. In over 40 years of world wide travelling this is only the second time that I have had to make a less than favourable comment about my accommodation. I did give feed back to a member of staff who was very apologetic!

Good leisure facilities

Excellent hotel - good value for money

Leisure facilities changing rooms were a bit dated and in need of refurbishment.

Very clean, larger than average, comfortable room. Excellent base from which to visit Lincoln - bus goes from outside hotel every 20 mins. Visited the Spa and had an excellent massage. Pool and leisure facilities were a bonus. Would definitely stay at the Bentley again.

Hotel very clean rooms clean & comfortable corners cut in food area need a new chef lift to work
    • Standard Twin Room

Lift out of order for our two day stay someone helped with the luggage first day and last day husband struggled up & down to car with walking stick staff fully aware as we parked right out side and other guests were shaking their heads when the lady at reception as checking out asked if we can help with bags to which I replied thank you but husband had struggled down with the bags already I noticed the sign for disabled access ? Staff at breakfast were not approachable on the second morning the young man at desk looked at us both as it was too much trouble to seat us I even said good morning totally ignored us showed us to table a few words before we could answer he was off . It was quite obvious that staff didn’t want to be there as they were continually having conflabs about who should do what next . The breakfast was not good were came down at 8:30 to containers near empty with no sight of replenishment . Not a good atmosphere Dinner was no better as had to get up to get things missing . The bar staff were friendly and accommodating All in all it was ok

The hotel great location for our needs Clean nice room

A very comfortable overnight Hotel.

The food provided in the Hotel was quite expensive and could have been more varied. The breakfast I was very disappointed with, the price was ok but there were no rolls no cheese or cold meats and very little fresh fruit. So if you didn't want a cooked meal there was little other choices.

The staff throughout the Hotel were excellent very friendly and very helpful. The room was a good size and the hotel throughout was very clean and bed very comfortable.

Outstanding

Everything staff where really helpful and friendly and use of facilities where fantastic ... Highly recommend to friends and family and will also be revisiting

Wow ere travelling with our 3 year old.
    • Executive Double Room

The swimming pool opening times as it meant we couldn't use it with our little boy in the morning.

Wow ere travelling with our 3 year old. eh could stay for free - as we had a blow-up bed, and is breakfast was free as well. The breakfast was great, with eggs to order and lots of fresh fruit and pastries. We didn't use the restaurant, but walked a short distance to the next-door pub with a childrens' playground. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Comfortable, very clean and friendly

I fully appreciate that it’s nlt an easy problem to solve but lack of phone signal in all parts of the hotel is inconvenient and WiFi isn’t great in some areas

The staff in the bar are really lovely as I ate there for the 2 nights of my stay

Easy to find but would probably not stay again.
    • Standard Twin Room

Having to sit in car park as that was the only outdoor space available to sit. Breakfast was very limited for vegetarians. Very noisy road side position.

Swimming pool and large car park

Wonderful, excellent Restaurants and the Town is delightful,
    • Suite

The staff were most attentive and friendly. Excellent from Room to Restaurant, good car park. The only downside was the distance to the City Centre about 20 minutes by car. Would be go back, a big yes.

Good value spa weekend
    • Standard Twin Room

Braised beef in restaurant was really tough and dry - very disappointing All other meals were good

Beds were really comfy, staff very friendly and helpful, massage excellent.

Comfortable, clean and stylist environment with good facilities.
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was a bit basic. & would prefer waitress service for hot breakfast even if this increased costs.

Good comfortable beds & exceptionally clean

Comfy bed but needs to be cleaner and staff need to be clear about rooms
    • Suite

Mold in bathroom Dust around edge of carpet Issue with a member of staff after call in up before booking online to check the bridal room was still available for me my partner and our son such all was fine so I booked online after a long journey of 1 hour and 30 mins minimum, arrived at the hotel to then be told that children are not allowed in the bridal rooms and that he had changed my room without even a phone call to let me know and this should have been stated when I was previously on the phone and checking availability. To then be told sorry he is new here that is not my issue with another member of staff tied to place on my shoulders . After 20 minutes of waiting for a manager he accepted fault and let us have the room we booked . Room service took round about 30 mins and the whole room could have been cleaned allot better including the bathroom which had black mould

Very comfy bed

Enjoyable birthday celebration stop over.

Air Con a little noisy.

Dinner in the Bar Area was very good. Waitress excellent. Air Con could be quieter, but just OK. Busy location but double glazing made the room quiet from the traffic noise. Would stop there again.

Very relaxing, would definitely come back again.

Didn't like the bath, would have preferred walk In shower. Art work in the bar looks very dated and inappropriate for premium hotel experience.

Staff friendly, room was clean and comfortable.

excellent we were over the moon with every thing

every thing was great

every thing was very enjoyable and the surroundings were very good and the staff from reception to dining room and the bar and the chamber maids were very good nothing was too much trouble to them thank you

Good location to explore Lincoln

The bed was really hard and the quilt heavy and lumpy. We ideally like fresh air to sleep so the first night opened the window but as the room overlooked the road the noise was constant, on the second night we tried the air con which switched itself off in the middle of the night leaving the room stuffy

Good size clean room. Good choice of food at breakfast and the bar menu in the evening was good too, the food was lovely. Swimming pool and sauna were great, the pool was a decent size.

Well not return
    • Executive Double Room

Where do I begin. The room was nice but for an executive room you will you should get a small refrigerator to keep you drinks cold. The hot drink area was nasty and I mean nasty( the container where the coffee and tea is was dirty it seem to me that they wash the cups in the bathroom had lipstick and teas stains.) The cleaning staff need to be look at because they going thing halfway. The breakfast was ok but the dishes was nasty lip and tea stains and left over food on plates. The food at the restaurant overprice and was not nice at all.

The bed I did not want to get up. The sofa was comfortable that I just lay on it and could have read whole afternoon. The bar staff was lovely and so was the front staff.

Pleasant stay, clean and reception and bar staff friendly

Spa staff unfriendly, uninterested and rude. Room was located at the side if the hotel near to the ring road so for a light sleeper not great although the double glazing helped

Bar was comfortable and pool and gym was good. Reception staff were friendly and helpful

A very enjoyable 2 night stay

Overall the breakfast was good, liked the idea of eggs cooked to order but we did think the sausages tasted bland, however, more than offset by the other food choices on offer.

The room was of good size, bathroom was also clean and in good order. Evening meals was of very good quality, worth trying. All hotel staff were very pleasant and professional, couldn't fault any one. Overall the hotel is well maintained, clean and looks very inviting.

Relaxing stay with great facilities

Our room key did not work and it took about 10 mins for someone to come and fix it to let us in which made us late for a dinner reservation. We did not have a major apology or offered anything for the inconvenience.

Pool & spa both nice and clean. Rooms were nice and accommodated our needs. Beds where comfy and had sufficient supplies within the room.

The restaurant food was particularly well prepared, and all...

I was on the "noisy" side of the hotel, and the rush hour starts very early.

The restaurant food was particularly well prepared, and all the staff were friendly and helpful.

Nice staff but hotel needs updating
    • Executive Double Room

Wifi terrible - we gave up. TV wasn't working for all stations - pixilated screen. Toilet seat broken - all in an expensive executive room.

Friendly staff

It was perfect for my stay.

I think there needs to be better signs for finding it. Especially the opposite side of the main road. The postcode kept taking me elsewhere.

It was perfect for my stay. Although quite busy I still had a peaceful nights sleep.

we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will return when we visit our friends near lincoln.
    • Standard Twin Room

Our room was near the main road. Traffic noise was evident, but not a big deal for us.

Spacious room. spotlessly clean. Excellent evening meal and breakfast. Enjoyed pool area.

A one night stay on our way home from a weeks holiday to break the journey hotel excellent.

The room was lovely the bed very comfy the bathroom excellent, breakfast in the dining room very good but would like to have used a toaster instead of having cold toast that was brought at the beginning of breakfast, but waiting staff very good.

Spa amazing, staff fantastic - but room noise/wall thickness very poor
    • Standard Twin Room

The room noise was dreadful ... I think the room wall thickness is not sufficient we could hear every conversation, tv programme etc from above and both sides! It was v disappointing - the staff offered to move us but we didn't really want to move . If the spa day hadn't been so great & the staff so professional we would have given a much more negative review. As it was we just left after the first night.

Fantastic staff, spa day and pool were great

Nice fresh hotel.

The bathroom was a little scummy round the edges And there was a pubic hair in the bath

Very nice welcome from receptionist Hotel room was very clear and airy with aircon. Very comfy bed with a pillow menu to suit your needs.

Room Bed & breakfast were lovely, unfortunately we did...

Room Bed & breakfast were lovely, unfortunately we did not have chance to use the leisure fertility's but hope to return for that. Bar was very relaxing in the evening. Car parking is excellent.

Fabulous staff, lovely hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Noisy guests in neighbouring rooms, in the corridor during the night & upstairs sounded like a herd of elephants

The pool, big car park & really helpful staff

Our room was right on top of what looked like fridges or air...

Our room was right on top of what looked like fridges or air conditioning units and I couldn’t open the window because of the ‘humming’!!! And bathroom had a water/heater boiling noise all the time. But as I say this is purely my problem Room was fantastic , service was excellent , would stay again but would need to ask for another location in hotel

Staff were friendly, room was clean and comfortable, very...

Bed hard and room quite stuffy, wasn’t the best nights sleep but had a nice stay overall

Staff were friendly, room was clean and comfortable, very good rate

The staff were very helpful.

The foyer didn’t smell very pleasant - stale cooking smells from the kitchen.

The staff were very helpful. My request for a quiet room was responded to promptly.

Comfortable and relaxing which enabled our Lincoln weekend to go really well. Thanks to all.

Could have used a room fridge and wanted a chocolate bar but no machine in hotel.

Check in very smooth. good information given on facilities. Very helpful and friendly. Room was large, spacious and well appointed. Everything we needed for an overnighter inc fluffy dressing gowns! Loved the pool, sauna, steam room and heated relaxing beds, also the jacuzzi. great to unwind. Helpful pool manager. Room was quiet even on ground floo

Wouldn’t visit again.
    • Standard Twin Room

Only one towel for two people, tv had no signal, scaffolding was our only view. Problems were rectified when we requested towel and TV fixed but when I enquired as to why we had the only room which had scaffolding outside the window we were told it was because we booked through booking.com so were given their cheapest room.... When we booked room we were offered top or ground floor. We went for top floor but when arrived, again, due to booking on booking.com, we were given the ground floor room with works going on outside the window! Not sure I’d call it a ‘luxury hotel’

Comfy bed.

Comfortable hotel in good location with extra bonus of nice pool to have a morning swim
    • Standard Twin Room

Reception staff were ok but not overly welcoming and they first people you see. Some maintenance work going on so quite bit of banging

Comfy bed. Nice pool. Convenient location

Good hotel that served tasty food in a relaxed atmosphere.
    • Standard Twin Room

Leisure facilities were ok but could do with a bit of modernisation.

Staff were very helpful and the food was very tasty. Reception staff were very professional and informative.

There were tea and coffee facilities available.

The fact that the safe was on the floor and was locked so we could not use it without getting someone to come and open it was ridiculous. Then my husband nearly knocked himself out as he banged and cut his head quite badly getting up from opening the safe on the shelf above the safe which was included in the open wardrobe. This is a health and safety issue and should be looked at quickly. An accident report was completed. Photos of the damage to his head are available.

There were tea and coffee facilities available.

Lovely stay shame about the weather.

Heating, also we had an accessible room as my husband has mobility difficulties, the light switch for the bathroom was inconveniently placed, you had to go past the bathroom door then come back to open the door to go in, should really be before the door so you can turn it on then just open the door.

Love the swimming pool, it is very convenient location for travel into Lincoln and to the International Bomber Command memorial.

Staff were very helpful.
    • Standard Twin Room

Shower was very difficult to turn off. Entrance to the hotel was a little bit dirty

The gym. Pool especially the staff. Joanne in the bar was excellent

Hotel clean, staff friendly and helpful. Distance from city may be an issue for some but is quieter!

Unfortunately although I booked a quiet room the peace was somewhat spoiled by a delivery van making an exceptionally noisy delivery right outside our room at 6.30am and since we were there for a weekend break visiting family in the area we hadn't planned on getting up early.

we didn't eat breakfast at the hotel but dinner in the bar was good. My chicken Caesar salad was very generous, and my partner enjoyed the burger and fries he ordered. I booked this hotel based on the fact there was a swimming pool and the pool and spa were lovely. I left an item of clothing and when I phoned the staff were able to locate it and post it to my home. Extra brownie points for that!

Good value hotel. Clean and comfortable with pleasant and helpful staff.

They were unable to meet our request for two quiet rooms in close proximity. They changed the allocation to provide rooms next to each other, but they were overlooking the busy A46, which meant we couldn't have the room window open. Disappointing given that we booked well in advance. They waived payment for two breakfasts which was a nice gesture. Hopefully this will not arise when we stay next time.

We have stayed here many times over several years and as always the staff were very friendly and helpful. We used the bar menu which offers a good selection at a very reasonable cost. Good car parking with no charges, which is a good feature.

A46 diversion adds almost an hour to journey

DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU ARE ARRIVING AT NIGHT VIA A46 UNTIL 10 MAY 2018! There is a 40 mile diversion in place due to roadworks and the hotel staff were a) unaware of this and b) unwilling and / or unable to provide me with any information on how to avoid the diversion when I rang them. This added almost 1 hour into my journey to the hotel. Also, having stayed here previously, I avoided breakfast. The cooked selection may be adequate but the alternatives are very limited: concentrate juice, fruit salad in syrup, a couple of cereals and cheap yoghurts.

Rooms are clean, gym is a big bonus and is well-equipped for its size.

Nice enough and good value for the price

Great pool maintained very well. Changing rooms a bit tired and could do with a spin drier. Ate in the bar and meal was nice enough . Breakfast was very reasonable.

Wouldn’t visit again!

I was given a ground floor room which had the brightest outside lights shining into it. By the time I realised I had already already gone to bed it was too late to do anything without moving - i had a very poor nights sleep. I did report it the next day and the manager did respond. Apparently if I visit again they’ve made a note not to give me a ground floor room. I won’t be staying here again!

The location was the only thing that I could say was a positive. It’s fair to say that I didn’t have time to try out the spa facilities.

An enjoyable stay and looking forward to coming again

Can't complain about anything.

A very pleasant couple of days in a nice spacious room. Visiting family so didnt spend much time in the hotel so sadly didnt have time to use the pool facilities. A lovely generous breakfast set us up for the day. The staff are friendly and helpful

Nice for a short break

Offered a choice of pillows to be ordered from reception but then told us they didn’t have them! The bathroom smelt of wet mops 🤢 and one of the lights was broken View was of rubbish outside and the A-Road. Some bushes would have been much nicer

Bed nice and comfy

Review Lincoln Bentley Best Western.
    • Executive Double Room

Bedroom next to busy road - in spite of double glazing traffic noise disturbed our sleep. Maybe affected only our bedroom.

Modern, clean, helpful courteous staff, excellent breakfast & dinner.

Quiet, Comfotable, Good Food.

Leaving

Very quiet and comfortable. Even though the hotel is next to the main road, yet you cannot hear the traffic in your room, Excellent breakfast, Buffet style but with good staff service. The staff were very good and helpful.

As an overnight stop for a business meeting, it was a comfortable and enjoyable place to stay.

The food on the breakfast buffet appeared to have been out a while and some of it had dried up but the freshly ordered food was hot and tasty.

The Reception staff were friendly, helpful and efficient, especially after we arrived later then expected due to travel disruption. A nice room with a very comfortable bed. The spa facilities (used in the evening) were very good. The waitress in the restaurant at Breakfast was really helpful.

A reasonably nice hotel, but in need of a little updating.

The room and bed could do with updating.

The hotel is clean but getting a little shabby in places, reasonably comfortable but the bed was getting a little on the soft side. But clean and fairly pleasant.

ok
    • Standard Twin Room

The view of the car park at the front of the building where the smoking area is situated.

I am a smoker. I noticed that the ashtrays on the wall were cleaned each night. this is very unusual in hotels and I appreciated it. Thank you.

The rooms were nice and comfy, good breakfast and leisure...
    • Standard Twin Room

The room I had was next to a metal staircase which I only realised when I was woken up at 6.30am by the loud noise of the staff going up and down stairs. If I’d realised when I arrived I would have asked to switch rooms

The rooms were nice and comfy, good breakfast and leisure facilities

It’s a bit Alan Partridge. Nice staff though.
    • Standard Twin Room

Dated look & feel in standard double & twin rooms. Standard rooms aren’t good value for money even with a deal. Bar is also quite dated. Food was 50/50. Expected more from a stay here, especially from a hotel with a ‘spa’.

Friendly staff. Decent internet. Comfy bed. Big TV.

2 Day break

Love this hotel, staff are excellent and brilliant facilities. A special mention to James and Monica on the reception whose customer service was exceptional. Buffet breakfast was good value for money.

Great value , would definitely stay again

All good

Bar meal very good and nice atmosphere in the bar Bed very comfortable Gym /Pool looked great but didn't get a chance to use them Overall good value hotel

Warm, clean and fantastic facilities.

The attitude of the man in the pool area was not very friendly and the head waiter in the restraunt was very pompous.

Warm, clean and fantastic facilities. Amazing food in the restaurant and friendly staff in the bar area.

Friendly, clean, attentive, and lots of parking with no extra charge.

No fault of the hotel, but a guy who was in the room above me, appeared to be on a call, and spoke extremely loudly. From 8pm to 9.30pm he was constantly talking loud. I phoned reception, as I was trying to sleep, and they dealt with this immediately. No further issues.

staff were very pleasant - I only took breakfast so cannot comment on dinner. I did not have the opportunity to experience the leisure facilities, but I have heard good reports of the facilities.

Seasoned travellers enjoy r + r weekend in suburban Best Western, Lincoln.

The location was a bit dismal but the location was convenient for our weekend plans. ( When abroad, booking a hotel with an aesthetically pleasing yet convenient location is one of the most important factors but less so for UK leisure breaks ). The breakfast was better than the Best Western Taunton but the choice less extensive than similarly priced hotels in France, Germany ie as per our experiences. However at £ 8 per head, it was reasonable. The hotel was very clean although the leisure complex which housed the pool, jacuzzi , steam room etc needs a considerable cosmetic makeover ! Whilst my husband and I would recommend this hotel, in terms of what it offered as an overall package, I feel that for a weekend in February it did not offer the same value for money as similarly priced hotels in Europe.

Our room was very peaceful which is extremely important to us. My husband was pleased with the size of the pool and I liked the fact that the jacuzzi was on all the time. We had dinner once during our stay which was of such good quality that we assumed the hotel chef must be European - again good dining experiences are very important to us.

Almost PERFECT - & we hope to return (OFTEN)!

The male attendants at the spa reception could have been somewhat more smiley & friendly - & more like their female counterparts on the main hotel reception

The swimming pool - including it's temperature! Smiley,upbeat, & helpful staff - including Monika! High quality breakfast - including sliced mangoes in the fruit salad (our favourite fruit!). Chef visible & solicitous that we got everything we wanted for the breakfast Lots of plugs in the room for charging our phones.

Just ok

Very disappointing food arrived to us using room service, managed to have 4 pieces of pizza. But the burger was like roadkill. I ordered lager and got ale too which was undrinkable.

I enjoyed the checking in process, smooth and quick. Facilities were not amazing but price wise couldn’t expect much more. Breakfast was abundant in choice and quantity.