Reviews of The Blackpool

58-62 Albert Road, Blackpool, FY14PR, United Kingdom

For the price it was ok for my needs a shower but no toiletries nice clean towels had a tv coffee making facilities but no milk or tea bags a few coffee sachets n sugar think whoever prepared room just didn't check them the bed was clean nice white bedding comffy mattress decor ok been painted but big water stain on ceiling most probably from a flood in above bathroom Windows were dirty could have done with a clean and I mean dirty apart from that it was tidy The Blackpool is a big place that needs to be refurbished but that will take time and plenty of money I could see where they have done this but still lots more to do so I say give the owners your custom and in time as they get more clients they get cash to do refurbishments we all have to start somewhere as I said it was clean and tidy in my room just needs attention to the little things from room attendants Good location to sea front and transport

Room was ideal, comfy bed, refreshments. Free WiFi in the bedroom. Tasty breakfast with a good selection. Staff were helpful and friendly. Good atmosphere in the bar this weekend. Will stay here again. Thank you

It has been a couple of month since my last stay here, this time was in a refurbed room. Great standard achieved, lads doing a great job. Location is perfect, right in the middle of town.

Clean and comfortable, very handy for the town centre as the hotel is right next door to Debenhams. Big changes since I was last here, but still a great welcome and extremely good value for money being so close to everything.

The place was under renevation which wasn't advertised online. I booked with a large group so there was nowhere for us all to relax together. The hotel is falsely advertised online as the pictures are totally different.

• Superior Family Room

The rooms are very out dated, the door from room to toilet was a sliding door that was broken, the bathroom was so tiny couldntnt swing a cat, the heating was on even though the weather was read hot, no air con in the room,, beds were comfy. Wasnt a very good family room! And wasnt value for money Was ok for one night wouldnt stay longer in this hotel. Thanks

Bed was comfy

• Superior Family Room

I booked because we took our granddaughter with the main attraction being entertainment in the hotel there wasn’t anything. No shower curtain so couldn’t have a shower and television in room didn’t work

It was close to where we wanted to go

• Standard Twin Room

First stay in a Blackpool B&B, and I wasn't too sure what to expect! The hotel itself looks tired, but from reading some of the other posts on here I understand that it's currently in the middle of a refurb. As it was bank holiday weekend the place was fully booked; we managed to get the last available room, and although it hadn't yet been refurbished we still found it to be clean and comfortable - the beds were obviously high quality, and we both had a great night's sleep! The location of the hotel is also extremely convenient; you're two minutes away from Coral Island, and can walk to Central Pier (the best of the three, in my opinion!) in under five minutes. Even though the hotel doesn't offer parking there are multiple over-night parking spots within a few minutes walk for a reasonable price. Even though the facilities of the hotel are quite basic, what sets it apart are the staff. When we arrived on Sunday afternoon we were greeted by a lovely young guy - sorry I didn't catch his name! - and despite having been a very busy day he was extremely friendly and took the time to show us to the room rather than just point us in the right direction. In addition as I booked the room so late I was only able to get a twin, but I wrote a note on the booking requesting if the two beds could be pushed together. I know it's just a small detail but the Blackpool Hotel obliged - I didn't think that anyone actually read the notes, especially as we booked through a third-party website, so it was a nice surprise! We would stay here again.

• Standard Twin Room

The property was so central. The staff were fantastic, they couldn't have been any more pleasant. Me and my friend loved it so much we returned 3 weeks later to this hotel and would plan to stay at the blackpool hotel each time we visit again.

Very convenient location, very close to the Winter Gardens, which was the purpose of our stay. Superb value for money, really nice breakfast. Staff brilliant.

Property is currently going through refurb, once they've finished it'll be great. Mattress was a little uncomfortable, and the shower curtain needed replacing, not the end of the world though, i think the ridiculously low-star reviews for this place were probably uncalled for.

The staff were absolutely fantastic. Everyone I encountered served me with a smile on their face. I got the room for a bargain price + it was within walking distance to the town centre.

Shower parts were a bit dated and window is old style push up and hard to latch.

Room was comfortable and warm. And the hosts were friendly and helpful.

• Quadruple Room

Couldn’t fault The Blackpool. My son n I stayed 2 nights and we were very satisfied. Room was very spacious and were nice n clean, also the beds were really comfy so that’s always a bonus. Unfortunately we never got to try the food as we were always up n out b4 breakfast. Would recommend and I would return. I’m really bad with names but the guys were really helpful and lovely.

Nothing everything was fab but I would recommend abit more drink facility's in rooms for people staying more than one night

Loved the comfy bed and the room was big open space. Staff was helpful and friendly. Lovely choice of breakfast. Will defo be back again

The new owners are so easy to deal with, they gave a warm welcome and nothing was to much trouble. They are currently going through a refurb, room by room. But it is clean, tidy and the breakfast was spot on.

City centre location, on the doorstep of Debenhams and the shopping mall and the winter gardens. Great staff and comfortable room. Will definitely stay again.

Me and my partner stayed here on New Years Eve.... and although I would not normally write a review... I must say, what a pleasant stay, and to top this after our evening out, we had a note on the door wishing us all the best for 2018. I would just like to say thank you and how very welcoming... we would recommend this hotel to anyone, good location too.... Wishing the new owners all the best for a very positive future.

• Family Room with Ensuite (4 Adults)

No tv in room which it was advertised with one .. and abit run down but saying that it felt clean linen crisp and white .

Location good for attractions such as tower and central pier and viva and winter gardens and parking lot around corner at a fee but reasonable price of £10 this was new yes eve .

Being told that the hotel was full and that the bar would be open until early hours due to it being nye. We arrived back at 12:45am for a few drinks in the hotel bar only to find the bar shut so we went into the Ruskin Hotel bar across the road.

Offered a late check out free of charge. Friendly staff. New owners have only been in for 6 weeks and are gradually updating and refurbishing the hotel and it's rooms. Main bar closed but small bar/snug room open for drinks

Told if we parked on Albert at pay up to 8 pm and we would be ok till Monday morning, we where leaving Sunday so at 12 pm we return ed to car to have received a parking ticket I should be compassed for my experience 😧

rooms needs replacing room 10 small spanty floats walls and mirror, not fit for purpose 😨 I was freezing most of my visit

The hotel itself is very outdated and needs a complete refurbishment. The walls are paper thin and the rest of the guests were very noisy and kept us awake until the early hours of the morning. There is no parking and we were told there was limited parking when in fact there is none. We had to park a good 7 min walk away. Our adult son who was travelling with us had no heating and no hot water although the staff dealt with this very quickly.

The staff were very friendly and efficient. The breakfast was good. The beds were fairly comfortable. The location was good.

Good location. Basic but clean accommodation.

• Small Double Room

The room was great and the staff were very friendly and helpful will be coming back

the service and welcome from the owners

• Family Room

The room was a bit warm then again the weather outside was hot. So personal I would recommend an extractor fan.

The shower was cold

The room was lovely

Location friendly staff and clean

Location n staff are great

Comfy bed and good for the price

Clean and comfortable, central location, friendly staff, will return next time in Blackpool

There was no free WiFi so couldn't rate that question

The staff were decent and the location was good

• Small Double Room

Bathroom abit outdated but all facilities were fine

Very good location , good value for money

The rooms advertised were nothing like the room given very very basic

Uncomfortable bed.

Nice stuff, professional customer service. Polite and 2× very helpful :) good location and quite place.

Lovely breakfast, nice clean room, 2 bars on site. Great hosts

Location is perfect for what I needed, staff friendly and very helpful. Room nice and clean. 10/10.

Will definitely stay again x

No heating in the room properly.

Central location

The room with all the rule and charges

Staff

• Standard Twin Room

The room was damp,the bed was wet and very datef

Could do with some tlc

central heating not working not good in December

friendly young couple only just taken over..need time

Facilities aren't the best

The bed was super comfy

As the new owners are doing a full refurbishing job I know it will be a great place to stay when done

There are also 29 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.