Reviews of The Bradford Hotel 4 stars

Hall Ings, Bradford, BD1 5SH, United Kingdom

#15 of 20 hotels in Bradford

• Classic King or Twin Room

Noisy guests, six am isn't the time to shout down the corridor at each other. This is the guests' fault not the hotel's.

Friendly helpful staff. Centrally located. Near buses and trains.

• Classic Double Room

It was hard to get to the hotel and car park as they were on a busy road into the city centre and the approach was through the centre of two barriers which felt precarious. We didn't know that we wouldn't get parking or breakfast included in the price. There wasn't instructions on how to use the tv or shower which I figured out but my parents struggled. It would also be worthwhile to advise it is right beside the train station. Finally the lifts were a bit hit and miss. I nearly got stuck in there on my own

The bed was comfy. I slept well. Good breakfast

• Classic Double Room

I arrived at 1am and the car park next door had already closed so I had to find another car park. Better parking facilities would make The Bradford Hotel perfect.

The room was really comfortable and clean. The staff was extremely polite. I needed change for a parking ticket machine and the staff were helpful with that. I will definitely be staying at The Bradford Hotel again. See you soon.

• Classic Double Room

The hot water for the shower was not hot, it was tepid. I did let the shower run for a number of minutes with no increase in the temperature. Perhaps a pump to ensure hot water can reach all rooms would be the answer? TV remote switch, why lock the remote control, was not able to bring up the TV guide because of this. I did not have the energy to trawl through the channels, it had been a long day as I had flown into Leeds Bradford airport from France and just wanted to wind down.

• Classic Double Room

Their was hair on the bed and the chair that was made of fabric and stains on them. It was too hot and we didnt have a fan in the room.

Bed was comfy alittle bit

• Classic Double Room

Dated hotel, not a 4 star at all, tiles falling off the bathroom wall, chipped windowsill, very bad lighting, uncomfortable bed. Checked in, went to our room, the key card did not work, so had to go back to reception to resolve.

• Classic Double Room

It was better than expected.

Hotel was for the money way above expectations, clean , smart and in the city centre for theatre . Discounted car parking next door .

• Classic Double Room

We returned having enjoyed a comfortable stay last time. We presume the room this time [425] was one awaiting refurbishment as the bed was very uncomfortable, which was disappointing... considering the hotel was not very full, a better room would have been appreciated. We didn't realise the problem till it was too late to do anything about it.

The position in central Bradford and with adjacent parking was just right for attending a show, and the evening staff welcoming as before.

• Classic Double Room

Everything in the room is quite dated nothing is modern or up to date including the tv which only has few channels also the lighting in the room is quite poor. And had a musty smell when walking into the room

• Classic Twin Room

The ear-splitting drilling that started coming through the walls at about 9am and continued all morning, punctuated by the fire alarm going off. I last stayed here about 2 years ago and it was the same then - how long does it take to refurbish rooms? And surely a word of warning on the website would be courteous. If you were aiming, as I was, to do a bit of work before checking out, forget it.

Friendly efficient staff. Great view of Town Hall. I would have said generous check-out time, but couldn’t get out fast enough (see above).

• Classic King or Twin Room

There wasn't anything I didn't like

The location was perfect for visiting the Alhambra theatre. The breakfast was lovely and the bed was very comfortable

• Classic Double Room

It was our anniversary so we were spending a night away from the children.we decided to eat in the restaurant but the meal was extremely disappointing we were offered a cocktail as a sorry but we were very disappointed that our bill still amounted to the full price although our meal was left.the service manager was unfortunately not very friendly.

• Classic Double Room

Some of the cooked breakfast items were just a little dry.

The reception staff were welcoming and interested. The pillows were just right. Car park next door.

• Classic Twin Room

The dirty kettle in the room

Location is excellent, very comfortable and spacious room with a city view, hotel staff was very friendly (many thanks to Olaf at reception)

• Classic Double Room

I have stayed here in the past and everything was fine but on this visit I was woken up at 4.30am by a noisy disturbance in the hotel. I reported it to the hotel staff but it continued. Not what you need when you have work to go to.

• Classic Twin Room

The gentleman who was on reception was lovely and extremely apologetic, on arrival as usual they asked for a cr.card as I was paying cash I was advised I would have to pay in full + £50 deposit no problem and gave them the £££ to be told they would not accept Scottish £££££ (this SHOULD be advised prior to booking) I was on a business trip and had to use my own cr.card which was not convenient. Beds although comfy shot across the floor if you put the tiniest pressure against it I would think very dangerous for an older or disabled guest. Carpets full of stains, shower/bath mildew, broken soap holder, internal shower mat filthy looked like fake tan. No way is this a 4* hotel perhaps it was at one point but not now. Tried adding photos but unfortunately wont save jpg

Nice breakfast

• Classic Twin Room

Car park next to the hotel so we didn't have to walk far with our laugage

Rooms were clean and mattress were good quality, we slept very well. Rooms were warm and cosys

• Classic Double Room

CHRISTMAS DINNER. THE PRICE WAS FAIR AT £40.00 , BUT I ARRIVED LATE AND THE FOOD WAS LUKE WARM. CHEF DID FRESH FRUIT FOR MY SWEET, AS I AM DIABETIC. I WAS NOT WELL ,AND ARRIVING 30 MINUTES BEFORE DINNER FINISHED, WAS A SHAME.

OVERALL A GOOD HOTEL IN THE CENTRE OF THE CITY. IDEAL FOR BUS AND TRAIN CONNECTIONS. GREAT BROADWAY SHOPPING CENTRE CLOSE BY. A GOOD SUBWAY SHOP ACROSS FROM THE HOTEL AND A LOVELY FISH AND CHIP SHOP ON THE EDGE OF THE TOWN HALL CENTENERY SQUARE. LOVELY FOUNTAIN DISPLAY AND LOTS OF VERY INTERESTING ATTRACTIONS. HOTEL HAS STRONG ASSOCIATION WITH BCFC.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Restaurant closed early! OK, it was blackeye Friday, but still, closing the restaurant at 9:30pm wasn't exactly helpful, when the menus stated the restaurant closed at 10.

Lovely comfy bed, room as warm as the friendly welcome. Standard room was perhaps a little small: not an issue for us as we only stayed overnight, but for a longer stay it may be worth considering upgrading to a larger room or suite. Bath was a reasonable size (but a little worn) - grab rail on wall was useful (I have some mobility issues), but another grab rail could be helpful above the taps too. Location is excellent for visitors to Bradford City Centre: just a few minutes walk from the Interchange (the bus and main rail station) and a few more minutes from Forster Square rail station - and next door to the NCP multi-storey car park. The National Media Museum, Alhambra Theatre and St George's Hall are within less than 10 minutes leisurely walk and the University and College are another 10-20 minutes.

• Classic Double Room

we had know hot water and had to ask twice for it to be fixed inwhich still didn't get resolved and the room heating wasn't on and we just was given a stand heater inwhich didn't really warm up the room.

was clean and tidy with friendly staff

• Classic Double Room

The adjoining room door we could hear the couple next door talking and drinking served by night staff until 5 in the morning and we had to be up at 6 not good at all.

It was central

• Classic Double Room

I like my breakfast hot on the first day it was just warm The next day I mentioned this and although it was not piping hot it was better apart from the mushrooms which were barely warm so a £10 breakfast was only worth £8 I would stay here again but might get my breakfast in the city

The location and the staff were first class

• Classic Double Room

The worst hotel I have stayed in. Such little amenities, no fridge, no pillow options, no concierge, basic tea and coffee on the tray. The bed was so uncomfortable and gave me such a bad back. When I pointed out that it my stay was uncomfortable and some of these issues should be raised and changed I was told that they wouldn’t change and yes the hotel just barely does it’s job!!!!!!

• Classic Double Room

The food can be a bit hit and miss, in my opinion, but this is the only fault I have found. Everything else more than makes up for this, however. I will always use this hotel on my visits to Bradford.

I use this hotel a lot for business visits. The hotel is conveniently located in Bradford city centre and has parking available and gym access. My favourite aspect of this hotel is its staff; warm, welcoming and helpful, they make your stay comfortable.

• Classic Twin Room

Male receptionist had no customer service rules, we stayed at the property previously for 2-3 weeks and was trying to enforce a rule that had been there before but never mentioned or asked for. No service skills and pointed at the rule but then broke the one below. If another hotel was available in the town we would of left before check in. This is a shame as the other staff over the previous weeks where lovely.

Room was average like a typical basic none descript travellers room

• Family Suite

Breakfast on morning two was crowded out with a party of 30-40, there for a wedding. They were very noisy and walking around all the time. There was plenty of room to have put them away from smaller groups. Hotel is a little run down in places but some refurb work going on.

Great location. Close to most things with good local taxi service to restaurants. Good value for money.

• Classic King or Twin Room

There was no ceiling lighting in the actual rooms just lamps. not the best when you're getting makeup/hair done for a wedding! The baths and surrounding walls/ceiling need refurbishing.

Comfortable bed & good location

• Classic King or Twin Room

Had double rooms but one should have been a twin, breakfast service very slow to replenish food and evening restaurant food cold with extremely slow service. Would not return.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Needs updating. The speed of service in the restaurant was very slow, took nearly 2 hours to get most of our main meals, there wasn't anyone else in the restaurant so it was hardly busy. The food was Ok but nothing special.

The waitresses did try to be helpful but they had limited resources.

• Classic Twin Room

Breakfast is costly for what it is £12.50 for not a great deal at all. Beds are a little firm.

Staff are excellent, inside is lovely. Don’t take it from the outside looks. Ex Hilton Hotel so good standard. Very clean. Plenty of room in the bedrooms. WiFi is free and super quick for hotel WiFi.

The ambiance and the building late 1060s and looking concrete

The situation opposite the town hall and staff were wonderful. They were so helpful. The hotel does not look much from the outside but the receptionist, housekeeper and also waiter ( tall, black man) in the restaurant were exceptionally kind and helpful. The food was very good - I had steak for dinner which was excellent.

• Classic Double Room

I booked a non smoking room for my friend but when my she checked in she said there is a cigarette hole on the chair pubic hair on the bath and the shower curtain was stunk of urine. Cleanliness as I gathered in this hotel is not up to standard.

I wasn’t the one staying here but my friend on a business trip. She told me the bed was alright breakfast was acceptable.

• Classic Double Room

The bed was broken. The bathroom door didn't shut. The room had a damp smell and there was no heating in the room so the staff gave us a portable heating. No other rooms were available so had to sleep with the window open to get rid of the smell.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Girls at breakfast very rude and none hospicabl. CUP OF TEA GIVEN IN A COFFEE CUP AND NO MILK OFFERED.They really don't enjoy the job.Made to feel like a complete interferance to them.

Friendly reception.Easy book in.

• Classic Double Room

Breakfast can be improved.

Stayed here after a long time previously Hilton Bradford, pleasantly surprised that the new management has maintained the standards of Hilton. Location is unbeatable right in the heart of town center. Parking plaza is literally next door to the hotel.

• Classic Double Room

The staff member NEVER totally explained about the parking when booking in, even when I asked. I only found out when I was checking out and had paid £12.00 for overnight parking instead of £6.00. DISAPPOINTED.

Location to where we were at attending the wedding.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Classic Double Room

Service in dining room for evening meal Food dreadful My chips were burnt my colleagues ok . when we asked the waitress if she thought the chips were accecptable she said the chef was happy to send them out like that My steak was cold We asked for jug water as well as wine There were no glasses for the water, we were given cups to drink the water from. Breakfast service poor waited ages for coffee had to go to bar to ask for eggs

Room comfortable

• Classic King or Twin Room

Other guests running up and down corridors at all sorts of unsociable hours without staff asking them not to. Housekeeping knocking on the door from 9am. Horrendous traffic noise outside (literally on the busiest road).

Staff were very friendly. Bed was comfortable.

• Classic Twin Room

Bottled water or a mini fridge in the room, potential microwave to heat up food if peckish after coming in late

Friendly staff always willing to help, would have preferred an ironing service to drop off and collect, value for money as location of hotel close enough to shops in walking distance, comfortable, couldn't ask for much more, easy checkin wit no hassles

• Family Suite

Old furniture, small bathroom, painful sofa bed, not warm breakfast breads, no one take the luggages to the room, old headache elevators, not big pillows, noise from windows

Location and price available taxi, nearby shops and mall

• Classic Double Room

Nothing it was all excellent.

The staff were so helpful and nothing was to much trouble. I'm partially disabled and they were always ready to help when I needed them. So polite, one of the best stays away I have ever experienced.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Classic King or Twin Room

The staff were great but seemed to be multi tasking as they had to fulfill many roles.

Location was good and car park next door was ideal. Breakfast was sufficient. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Classic Twin Room

The staff at reception were cheeky and ignorant I traveled 200 miles to stay at hotel after booking online then I had to travel to another hotel at 11.30 pm which was a nightmare

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Classic King or Twin Room

Rooms starting to look faded. Bathroom needs total re-design. Electrical sockets in room are located in the hardest places to reach. Lack of choice of television channels. Room service food was poor, with relatively uncooked Potatoes being served.

Comfortable bed and great location. Wifi was good speed, Room size was very good. The location of this hotel is very good, just a 1 minute walk from Bradford interchange (bus and train station).

• Classic King or Twin Room

The hotel is really rather shabby: peeling wallpaper, faded carpets. That didn't trouble me - it is Bradford after all! - but I might put some people off. I think I paid rather over the odds for what I got.

Very centrally located, with a nice view of Bradford City Hall. Cheerful staff. The room facilities were generally good: TV, kettle, bath, shower etc. Everything worked which is always a boon. I also appreciated the 12 noon checkout time as I had things to do in the morning before leaving.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Bedsheet was dirty no proper clean even tiolet no clean towel also same someone used already I stay two night I start body itching badly inside the tea cups stain

Staff very nice I like the room view

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Classic King or Twin Room

The room smelt like a smokers room , It was very dated Shower curtain and rail didn't fit , sink stained , poor shower flow , silver fish in bathroom floor . Breakfast was dry n cold .

Greeted by a helpful man at reception 😊

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Family Suite

Only one working lift If I have to pick a fault that's the only thing I can think of

Rooms were great had double and sofa bed and accommodated my family requirements perfectly Breakfast was fab and we were even allowed to bring to our room while waiting for makeup artist to start

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Classic King or Twin Room

Hotel was the best I have been too in Bradford. Decent room, very clean, good breakfast, and excellent restaurant. Reception staff was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Classic Double Room

The bar and restaurant area quite cold, needs to be warmer for a comfortable dining experience.

Staff very friendly and attentive. Food excellent, generous portions.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Bed was too small, rooms hadn't been cleaned, duvets had marks on, walls had awful pictures (canvases) on display. overall a sleepless night.

Staff was lovely!

• Classic King or Twin Room

Friendly efficient staff on front desk. Rooms clean and spacious with all you could need. Lovely breakfast. Superb location for city centre and rail/bus links. Excellent value for money

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Classic Double Room

The mattress was uncomfortable needs changing in my room the breakfast is too expensive for the amount we get overall had a great stay clean and tidy and nice friendly staff

Friendly staff Clean room daily

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Classic King or Twin Room

The house keeper disturbed us twice.

Was happy I got an extra 2 hours check in. I had forgotten my pin for the card I was using and the receptionist was patient with me.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Bar closed too early for a hotel and not enough staff on. Expensive drinking at the hotel.

Friendly staff. Hotel warm and cosy. Great view of the town hall. Good parking and rates very fair.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Family Suite

The room smelt as if it was a smoking room. The condition of the room was tired, no MP3 dock or USB ports in TV to play a device through. The suite was very hot. I had to turn the radiators off and could only open one window to let some air in and cool the place down. There was something wrong with the slats in the bed. Felt like the mattress was leaning and the bed made a noise every time I moved on that side.

Staff were pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was good apart from the lack of choice of eggs. Only scrambled eggs on offer which were not very good

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Classic Double Room

Everything, I requested the bathroom be cleaned as there was "orange wash" from the previous guest in the bathroom, nothing was done. No apology!

The whole hotel is run down, pity as I stayed when it was a Hilton and did not realise had changed hands!

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Classic King or Twin Room

The room was not entirely clean. There was dust collected on the edges of the carpet.

Staff very helpful & pleasant. The room was a decent size. The bed was really comfortable and huge.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Classic Double Room

The bed was very uncomfortable,could not sleep properly and also the outside noise did not help

The staff I meet where friendly & I was treated with respect

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Classic Double Room

I think the inside of the hotel is very nice, but the exterior of the building needs renovating.

Staff were friendly and very helpful. Bedrooms were very clean and comfortable. Didn't like the soft pillows but beds very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Classic Double Room

The hotel is a little tired and in need of decoration

Comfy bed and pillows, excellent friendly reception staff who went out of their way to help with every request

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Classic Twin Room

Door lock on room didn't work had to wait 1 hour and 40 minutes to get back in to room No seats to sit at breakfast No food , no water at breakfast massive queues as understaffed Lift stank Rooms need refurbishing

Leaving was good

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Classic King or Twin Room

My only disappointment was the room, a little bit dated especially the bathroom, tatty, tired and sharing the shower with some black mould. The restaurant menu is a bit limited but considering you are in town not a problem if you don't want to eat in.

The staff were really friendly, breakfast was really good. The restaurant and bar area are excellent regarding a place to be.

• Classic Twin Room

When we booked the room the confirmation said we had a city view, when we got there the room had an overpowering smell of cigarette smoke and the view was over the bus station. I went and complained and the room was swapped in an instant so no problem there. I would have liked a choice of fried eggs and not just scrambled for breakfast and all the cereals needed topping up as they were empty

The Bradford is in an excellent position with only a short walk to the shops, pubs, restaurants etc. The staff were very helpful and polite and even though there were a lot of people staying we didn't hear a thing in the night

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Classic Twin Room

The bed was just right as I am 6ft.4ins.tall.I entered the room and found two plates of chocolate fudge cake,four bottles of water and two little bottles of red wine.My friend and I were guests of the day.It was a great stay,I would go back any time.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Classic Double Room

Breakfast service a bit poor, ran out of several things on the cooked buffet. Several new staff who seemed a bit unsure of things... Scored value for money lower because of this (£25 for 2 breakfasts wasn't good value on that basis). No plug in bathroom sink -water all over the floor because of the splashback!

Really comfy bed and duvet super snuggly! Front desk staff were brilliant. Left luggage room was very useful. Great location for centre of town.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Classic Double Room

Carpets dirty, mould in bathroom, TV did not work and had to change room, insufficient lighting in bathroom to shave...

City3 restaurant was good, staff in restaurant were good

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Classic Double Room

Everything The room was filthy and the staff did not care about this. Pictures they post online rooms look nothing like that

I liked Nothing about this and parking is a rip off too.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Classic Twin Room

The mattress was to soft for me personally although my daughter seemed fine with it

The location. The staff were lovely and we were left a plate saying " Guest of the day " with cakes an wine it was a nice treat.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Classic King or Twin Room

Room carpet stained. Enamel peeling of Bath. marks on the bath. Black marks on the bathroom wallwaited 10 minutes to be served in the restaurant an still no waiter/waitress to serve us.

Reception staff were pleasant an helpful

• Classic King or Twin Room

We didn't get much sleep due to other guests coming in early hours of morning being very very noisy .. Not enough coffee in room

The fact that when we walked in we had wine and a congratulations 3rd year anniversary on a plate!! Was fantastic..tea making facilities n great looking rooms

• Classic Double Room

The room was outdated, rooms are being refurbished but the website only shows these rooms. We didn't get a refurbished room.

Location for Bradford towns night life was good

• Classic Double Room

We had a terrible night with some woman screaming and carrying on from 1.00 am until 4.00am, smoking in the passageway. The bed was not up to standard . The night manager should be making more checks to ensure all of the customers get a quiet nights sleep

The location was good,The breakfast was generous and reasonable price. Check in was easy, and staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

damaged cabinet in room, very creaky noisy bed, very bad nights sleep as every movement made loud noises, quilt was too big for covers

big clean bathroom

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Family Suite

The executive suite needs tidying with maybe refurbishment as tables wobble and toilet flush wasn't working properly. Room had a lot of dust on the sofa headrest.

Loved the big breakfast delivered to the bedroom which I didn mind paying extra tray charge- very convenient when with young children.