Reviews of The Brewers Inn

East Hill, Wandsworth, London, SW18 2QB, United Kingdom

#83 of 977 hotels in London

• Classic Double Room

We went to London to watch Pearl Jam, and the gig was cancelled - nothing to do with the Hotel (which was ace) but just a shame.

Fantastic Scotch Eggs, Very nice Breakfast (with lots of choice), Very friendly staff, Well decorated rooms with great facilities, the best hotel experience we have had thus far in London (and less than 1/3 the cost of the most expensive) - I would recommend to anyone

• Suite

Our room key stoped work after the first use so had to go down lots of stairs then go out of the hotel walk into the front and get new keys. Once is ok but it happened the next morning as well They knew it was a battery in the door was flat but didn’t fix it so that’s why it happened twice But it’s still a very good place

The staff were very friendly without being over the top

Very clean, quiet and comfortable room. Enjoyed evening meal, and very good cooked breakfast. Decent beer in bar. Very friendly and helpful staff. About 15/20 walk from and to u/ground or rail station

Good size, nice and clean rooms, very friendly hotel and pub staff. Good dinner and breakfast menu, very nice food, newspapers in the morning. Definetely we will come back to stay again.

• Superior Twin Room

Lovely room and bathroom and all very clean. Friendly and helpful staff throughout our stay, special thanks to Patrick and James. Breakfast really good with plenty of choice. Would definitely stay again and great value for money.

• Small Double Room

Car park is small, but managed to get in. I thought the half bottle of wine next to the tea and coffee was complimentary at first - glad I didn't drink it as it was part of the mini bar and would have cost me £13.50.

The room, although quite small, was lovely - tea and coffee tray was excellent, bed was comfy with nice pillows. Excellent breakfast and really helpful staff. Location very good too - just round the corner from shops, restaurants and cinema.

• Suite

The shower was a complete let down - though the staff were very receptive to my concerns.

The staff were welcoming and helpful. I loved the room I had and there was no noise from the busy road outside.

Great little inn, friendly and helpful staff, very comfortable and clean and modern room with lots of space. The pub does great food - the breakfasts are fantastic.

We needed somewhere in this area with parking and were lucky to find the Brewers Inn. The room was stylish, clean and quiet - considering it was on a main road. All the staff were very friendly. Lots of choice for breakfast.

Great find. 3 night stay. Reasonably priced. Room was spacious and clean. Staff are fantastic, friendly, and very helpful. We ate in the restaurant on the first night and the food was excellent. Breakfast was in with the price and is cooked for you fresh when you order. Free parking which is always a bonus in London. Can’t say anything negative to be honest.

• Classic Double Room

No lift making luggage movement difficult. Cost of wine in bar excessive for style of pub.

Good size clean bathroom with ample towels. Free coffee and snacks. King size bed.

It was a little noisy very early morning due to a delivery to the pub on the ground floor but, that is to be expected.

Beautiful Hotel & stunning room.

nothing I didnt like.

The whole vibe of the place was great. The rooms were spacious and airy, with lots of natural light. Great choice for evening food and breakfast too.!

• Classic Double Room

Fabulous stop over for our trip to London, beautiful rooms, great atmosphere and the pub was lovely.... and open until midnight so had a cheeky glass of wine when we got back after our concert!! Breakfast menu was awesome, everything made freshly, all cooked to order and lots of choice. Gorgeous coffee too!!

A extending mirror in the bathroom would be good for shaving and make up( if your eyesight isn't brilliant like mine !)

The coffee machine,room furnishings and the gorgeous Labrador in the bar ,parking was an extra bonus .

• Small Double Room

My double room which I guess was one of the cheapest was very tight for size with walls right adjacent to bed. OK for single traveler but would have had traffic issues if occupied by two.

Very individually styled and decorated room in a very good bar/restaurant/hotel location. Changed a lot since I last drank here in the 70's but a very, very nice hotel to stay. Excellent facilities in the room and throughout the hotel. Handy parking on site, free WiFi and a secluded sun trap terrace to the rear. Great breakfast. Excellent service throughout my stay.

That we only stayed 1 night

Our first impression started on a high as the lovely friendly and most helpful lady who checked us in made our stay so much easier with all the information she gave us. Can't thank her enough was just disappointed that the next day was her day off so we didn't get to say thank you in person. Then the bar staff in the evening we're friendly when we had a night cap after our evening out, and of course yet again smiling helpful staff at breakfast. Would definitely book here again if my husband treats me to another excursion.

• Classic Double Room

The fridge in the room didn't work which was a shame but staff made us aware on check in.

Good location, beautiful building. Stunning room and great atmosphere. Bed was massive and incredibly comfortable. Lovely bathroom. View was over the airconned unit section of the building, but not everything can be perfect, and we weren't there for the view.

• Small Double Room

Having stayed above a pub not so far away in Richmond a year ago which was pretty awful I knew this would be better. This was a whole heap better though and definitely exceeded my expectations. Well proportioned room, tastefully decorated with a top notch en-suite worthy of a 4star + hotel. Big comfortable bed and all the little extras which are so nice to have and which are so often missing.. from Time out, to a Nespresso machine to nibbles and a reasonably priced mini bar. Full English for breakfast including in the room rate was a further major bonus, together with the free and safe onsite parking.

• Classic Single Room

It was unfortunate they had run out of marmalade - c'est la vie ... certainly not the end of the world and the blackcurrant jam was delicious! My only suggestion would be serving mayo/ketchup in separate dishes...?

Everything I experienced was truly excellent value for money...... staff really helpful and pleasant to chat to with nothing too much trouble. They didn't mind me proof reading the Specials board! Chicken/avocado/bacon triple with chips - very delicious and scrummy!

Coffee in restaurant was rather weak. Pillows were very firm would have preferred softer version.

Very friendly staff, good service. Able to check in early as we had requested which was really helpful. Nespresso coffee in room excellent. Nice products in bathroom. Room was spacious, great ambience and overall very comfortable.

The room was beautifully decorated, with jars of delicious sponge cake and drinks displayed. The staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant and bar were great environment. We would definitely stay again.

• Suite

Brewers Inn really was a fantastic place to stay at, my room was very large and had all the luxuries of a 5 star hotel. Staff were super friendly and helpful, and even assisted with a very early check in. Would highly recommend for a 2-4 night stay

• Suite

Nothing ...Freshly renovated boutique property which can only get better and better

Very comfortable and spotless Room with all the little necessities . The feel of a boutique hotel but without the stuffiness of some . Absolutely super breakfast and excellent value for money . Excellent travel links to central London ( Clapham Junction to Victoria . 15 mins walk and 10 minute train journey . Ideally located for both Chelsea FC and Fulham FC ( East Putney tube 15 mins walk ) and all SW London in particular . An absolute little gem

• Suite

Shower unit in need of attention and difficult to control temperature.

We have stayed here regularly over the past 10 years, which is praise enough. Location is ideal for us as we visit family, but also ideal for tourists - a short walk to the railway station and regular connections to Waterloo (approx. 15 minutes).

• Classic Double Room

It was our second time at the Brewer's Inn, but definitely not the last. The staff is extraordinarily helpful and friendly. The location is very cozy and the breakfast a morning highlight. We can only recommend this place.

Didn't understand how to get large mug of hot water for tea under coffee machine spout until it was explained to us. A kettle would have been easier!

Very comfortable bed in a clean and spacious room (with a nice bath). Very warm welcome and friendly staff. Good atmosphere in pub and restaurant.

• Classic Double Room

Main road outside a bit noisy. There was no kettle or iron in the room. When we asked for them he said to use hot water out of the nespresso coffee machine, which wasnt hot enough to brew tea!, or fill a hot water bottle,( which i had brought with me to ease my bad back.) He said he would get us an iron, but never came with one. Also had a lot of stairs to climb up to our room with luggage.

Lovely decor throughout, and room. Near to shops and bus routes. Staff nice, food was nice, good price. Good experience, comfy bed.

• Small Double Room

Beautiful luxury room with attention to detail, housekeeping amazing. Staff are welcoming and a warm, lovely pub with great atmosphere and good food.

• Classic Double Room

Lovely refurbished room. Very comfortable and quiet (despite being on the main road). Loved the little touches and extras (such as the tea, coffee & biscuits). Also nice breakfast selection.

• Suite

4 parking spaces for 14 rooms. Woken up at 7:45am to move my car which I was very not happy about.

Room was large considering price and newly decorated. Sky TV a bonus and restaurant provides excellent food.

• Classic Single Room

Bit of a mixed experience. Lots of confusion booking in as we were told one of our rooms hadn't been booked. Eventually they managed to find our fifth room. They then tried to charge us twice and it wasn't until I produced my bank statement that they accepted we'd already paid. We also pre booked a champagne brunch via email and confirmed it via email. When we asked for the brunch to be bought out the staff had no idea what we were talking about and our food options weren't available. The milk in our room was also off so we couldn't have a cup of tea and there was no hand soap in one of the other rooms.

Rooms are very nicely decorated and it's surprisingly quiet at night.

• Classic Double Room

Very high standard of decoration.

• Classic Double Room

Fantastic stay, the bedrooms were just refurbed and were of a very high standard, the food in the restaurant was really good, breakfast was perfect - I cant recommend the Brewers Inn more highly. Most importantly all the staff were highly professional, helpful and friendly. We will definitely stay here again.

• Classic Double Room

staff were very helpful as i had to change the booking around a coupe of time and then they very kindly opened the breakfast kitchen an hour early for us which was much appreciated

• Classic Double Room

Not enough clues on shower/bath for temp and I foolishly didn't check Bath as dipped foot into v v hot water but my fault as based on home temp of water and expected it cool for building size!! 😳

From start to finish the ambiance and surrounding were welcoming.Very clean and decor made it for me asto my taste.Didnt feel like hotel as homely but not cliche.Food was excellent and friendly staff to bounce conversation off.Room was very smart and bed was so comfortable I slept too early!!! Extended checkout without charge and breakfast was relaxed,varied and served to table.I greatly appreciated that as this was part of Birthday trip it help make the trip special.Highly recommend and would love return trip in future 😀

• Classic Double Room

It would have been great to stay longer.

The welcome was great even though it was late when we arrived. While they were renovating the hotel it did not interfere with our nights stay. The breakfast was great.

• Classic Single Room

I loved the staff, they were all very helpful, extra friendly and welcoming (This was important because I am very shy). The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Snacks, tea, hot chocolate were always stocked in the room. The bar was lovely, the food was great. The hotel is in a lovely area with a shopping center not too far. Transportation isn't far away either. My experience overall was amazing. I'll be coming back again next year.

• Classic Double Room

My girlfriend thought the room could have smelt better !! less cleaning smell. more fresh and neutral. I didn;t notice. but I'm a man.

Friendly staff. Easy relaxed atmosphere . good food. welcome environment. All easy and sweet. Lovely overall.

• Classic Double Room

We left a breakfast in bed request (why not if it is on offer?) but it was missed and one of us having to leave early on that day missed breakfast. The steps and the room is in need of refurbishment and the television set is a bit on the very small side for a room this size.

The staff is awesome, very welcoming and helpful. The place is also very clean and the little luxuries such as: shampoo, conditioner, sewing kit etc are a nice welcomed addition to the stay. The place is close to transport links and despite being over a busy pub as it is the time for Christmas lunches and dinner, there was no noise in the room.

Initial climb of stairs, both days a strong smell of chlorine/bleach which disappeared as we reached 2nd floor where we were!

Booked here for a night to travel to Brixton for a gig and was perfect. Staff extremely helpful, great food and drink selection, bedrooms comfortable, free car parking, and a short walk to train station - all in all definitely would use again

• Classic Double Room

Unexpected steep stairway to room and room was rather warm

Extremely comfortable bed - we slept like the proverbial top. The breakfast menu is generous and the full English highly recommended with good ingredients that are well cooked. Friendly and welcoming staff and a relaxed vibe.

• Classic Double Room

Not very easy to find with Sat Nav because of all the 'one way' systems.

Friendly staff. Excellent choice of breakfast. Great location. Free parking. I loved the décor in the pub/restaurant which were old stained glass windows and tables made from wooden boxes that would have held bottles of wine etc. Rooms very clean with tea/coffee making facilities (even nice biscuits) toiletries and an iron and ironing board.

Great Hotel! The bed in the superior double room was very big & comfortable, and we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room, with a large clean bathroom with bath and shower. Excellent breakfast & friendly staff. We chose this hotel because of it's location to the train station to travel to Twickenham stadium for NFL & a visit into London as well. The hotel is on the corner of a busy intersection but we slept very well! We were able to drive and park our car easily in hotel car park.

• Classic Double Room

Rooms are a great size, there is a restaurant and bar on site, the staff is helpful and friendly. The location is outside the old city center, but that was great for us. There is good public transport connections as well.

• Classic Double Room

It really was not a problem for us, but if you re-decorate, consider adding bathroom hooks or some kind of a rack for the towels, for convenience! :)

We stayed four nights here. The staff is just amazing, they helped us with everything we needed, including reliable coach service to airport! Thank you again everyone there making us feel welcome and cared for every day! Breakfast also was super good, and made for your preferences, a great way to start a day. The restaurant and bar area is cozy and food is great. Room was spacey enough, shower had decent pressure, and all basic needs were covered. :) Great value for the money.

• Classic Single Room

No lift/elevator...up 2 flights of very narrow steep staircase.

Excellent breakfast and dinner at restaurant downstairs; phenomenal staff; 0.5 miles from train; quaint shopping streets.

• Classic Double Room

The shower curtain was cloth/water resistant type in hotels but it was mildewed across the bottom. You just don't want to take a shower to feel clean and see mildew/dirt on the curtain.

The price was better value than a nearby property and the Brewers Inn included breakfast for less money overall.

• Classic Double Room

Helpful staff. Impressed by attitude towards other customers who could not have breakfast due to hospital appointment. Staff offered to make sandwiches for later on - very considerate.

Bathroom a tired and could do with a deep clean, but room comfortable and had everything. Limited car parking space as you would expect in London.

Great Breakfast, nice pub with good beer and food, comfortable place to sit at night with a few drinks. Room comfortable and had everything we needed. Bus stops a short walk so handy for getting around. Would stay here again if the need arises.

• Classic Double Room

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Dinner and breakfast was delicious. Breakfast has several choices. We tried them all. They were all delicious. We had dinner there every night because the food was so good. Clean, comfortable rooms. Great value for money.

The bed was amazing! So comfortable... From the young man who welcomed us to the bar staff, the lady on reception who booked us a cab, to the gentleman who checked us out, we couldn't have asked for a nicer, more friendly team of people. We were down for a family party and will definitely stay at the Brewers Inn again. 👍☺️

• Classic Double Room

Stayed here overnight on a visit to our daughters. Very friendly and helpful staff. Lovely traditional English pub surroundings. Great breakfast. Definitely recommended. We'll be staying there again next time we go to see the girls!

The bed was a little hard and there was no elevator.

The food was good, the staff was friendly and helpful, the bed was huge, and the inn had an old world charm.

• Classic Double Room

Lovely hotel with a good bar. Staff were really lovely and helpful, including Charlie the dog! Bed comfy and breakfast really good. Really good value for money in London.

• Classic Double Room

My room was above the pub and the music was really loud (on a Friday night). It didn't stop before 2 am, so getting any sleep until then was not possible. I would stay in the Brewer's again any time, but not without earplugs. Also, fruit salad was not available in the morning, despite being listed on the menu.

The staff in the Brewer's Inn was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Also, I was admitted to my room as early as 11 in the morning when I was asking whether I could store my luggage somewhere in the Inn. The food in the pub was delicious.

I would like more car parking spaces.

This is not our first visit to the Brewers Inn, it is a fabulous place to stay in Wandsworth, You get value for money, the staff are amazing and so friendly and helpful. The rooms offer all the facilities you need and such good quality. The food never lets us down and such a good choice for breakfast, what more do you need.

• Classic Double Room

Incredibly good value for money, the staff were fantastic (particularly Joe who pops up like Mr Ben at all hours of the day grinning & going out of his way to be helpful-give that lad a pay rise).....

• Classic Single Room

Shower screen allowed water to run onto the floor - rubber seal needed replacing.

Bed was very comfy, matress & pillows excellent. Sky TV package a welcome touch.

• Classic Double Room

Fantastic location with a very easy walk to Wandsworth Station to get into Central London within 20 minutes. There only a few parking spots on site but the adjacent street also has free parking available on the weekends. Accommodation is located above a pub and cocktail/wine cellar, and was little to no noise travelling up to the room. The room was large for the price and had a very well sized en-suite. The decor was well presented, clean and classy. Excellent customer service! Both of the reception staff we spoke to immediately made us feel welcome, they were informative, friendly and made the check-in process a delight. Breakfast was included and was a substantial menu to select from, with staff members offering refills of tea and coffee, I personally recommend the full English breakfast. This ticked all the boxes for a place to stay. Great location, beautifully presented, friendly staff, fantastic menu and a cocktail/wine cellar to top it off!

• Classic Double Room

Only thing was the paint in the bathroom of our room was flaking off and needed a bit of love. Think it was room 5 or 6?

Staff were very friendly and good breakfast. Bed was really big and comfy with tonnes of cushions. Good place.

• Classic Double Room

Ease of bus routes to Wimbledon, Westminster and the West End. Friendliness, helpfulness and natural real life manner of the staff, so much nicer than pseudo customer care, trotted out phrases that are typical of bigger chains.

No lift but this was not a problem for us.

Customer service was excellent, made you feel so welcome and we're happy to help. We stayed at the hotel as we were going to the Wimbledon championships and it was an ideal location.

• Classic Double Room

only criticism, No towel rail in the bathroom

Nice room, clean, well furnished and decorated, comfortable bed. Our room was at the front and facing a busy main but there was no noticeable road noise. The room had good air conditioning, free WiFi and full Sky TV, tea/coffee making facilities (quality tea). Breakfast was excellent as was the food in the restaurant.

• Classic Double Room

Unfortunately our bathroom didn't have effective extraction/ ventilation so consequently the painted wall was peeling with water run marks which looked a mess.

The rooms were nice and clean, modern and had sky TV. Comfy bed. Staff friendly. Pub was really nice.

• Classic Double Room

Alan & Ericka whom manage the Inn & Pub were exceptional hosts, extremely accommodating & friendly, & always took time out of their day to spark up a conversation or help us on our daily adventures by providing tips and recommendations of surrounding local entertainment.

• Classic Double Room

The nearest tube station was 20 minutes walk away. On the Saturday after making our way to the tube we were matter of factly told the station would be closed over the weekend for maintenance work. We had to use the bus which although stopped close to our Hotel took forever to arrive in the centre of London... This was no fault of the Hotel, but I would say its not very central., In saying that if there were special deals I probably would go to the Brewers Inn again as it was so homely and overall fab

The staff were friendly and more than helpful. Inn was tastefully decorated and really nice to return to after a long and tiring day. We had a rear bedroom which was quiet with no outside noise. Breakfast was included which, in my experience is unusual for a London Hotel.

• Classic Double Room

Marvelous breakfast included, both a buffet and an a la carte menu with a variety of breakfasts prepared by the chef. We were allowed to leave luggage at the reception desk before we checked in and after checking out which enabled us to use our time in London more efficiently. Right by a bus stop where many lines ran at all hours which gave easy access to the underground and overground trains. Wi-fi worked well, it was down for a few hours during our stay but staff worked hard to solve the problem. A 5-minute walk to Southside Shopping centre with many restaurants and cinemas and a huge Sainsbury's. Excellent toiletries, shampoo, conditioner, soap, shower gel and body lotion.

• Classic Double Room

The room we had was fine. Good bed and loads of pillows. Even had Sky sports. HOWEVER we always look for safe fire exits but the windows had non removable bars from the inside. We were close to a flight of stairs but even so not a very reassuring night's sleep in all fairness.

Relaxed atmosphere and a rather scrumptious breakfast.

• Classic Double Room

It took an hour to get to downtown but transportation was direct and easy to use.

Hosts most friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were amazing - best coffee I have ever had.

• Classic Double Room

There was nothing to dislike

From the moment we walked through the door the staff were attentive and exceedingly friendly. The ambience was good, excellent dinner and amazing choice for breakfast.

• Classic Double Room

Bar was a bit pricey but that's London I suppose, otherwise spot on.

Sky sports in the room was a pleasant surprise, nice bar, friendly staff, good food.

• Classic Double Room

Brilliant find in a perfect location. The staff were so welcoming and friendly. Gorgeous decor. Great rooms and delicious veggie breakfast. Top top place

Instructions on how to switch TV on....not as straight forward as you might imagine! Hotel staff acknowledged this and were more than happy to help.

Fantastic value location for our overnight stay in London. Lunch and breakfast were excellent and staff were very welcoming and friendly. We returned late from a trip into central London and asked for some de-caff teabags for an evening drink before going to bed. The staff brought a fresh tray of cups with a ready made pot of decaf tea (and spare decaf teabags!) Really nice touch, thank you.

• Superior Twin Room

Location- too far away from city. Very outdated accommodation- could do with a major update. No easy access to tube. Certainly not 4 star accommodation which is what I thought it was supposed to be

Friendly staff. Food ok but not a lot of choice