Reviews of The Bridge House

188 Wood Lane, Osterley, Osterley, Hounslow, TW7 5EH, United Kingdom

#12 of 20 B&Bs and Inns in Hounslow

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Useful location for early flight, but take some earplugs!
    • En Suite Double Room

Other guests making lots of noise at 3:30am as they got up, used the kitchen for breakfast and left More guests making lots of noise at 4:30am as they got up, used the kitchen for breakfast and left More guests making lots of noise at 5:30am as they got up, used the kitchen for breakfast and left You get the idea...... Right next to rail line - had to sleep with windows closed Right next to Heathrow - this might be a good point for you, but it also means you are under the flightpath... Parking - not enough on-site for all guests, we had to find a place to park ourselves on a street 8 mins walk away

Clean

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

More of a boarding house than a hotel!!! Stay away
    • En Suite Single Room

I do not know what room they used to take the pictures for the website with but it was not mine. I am disabled as was made to stay in a basement room that was really no bigger than a walk-in closet. The bed was wedged into its location and the slates holding the mattress broke when I sat on it (it was not meant for adult use). I am not an overly large person but found moving around in this so called room claustrophobic at times. The room was not clean at all the light in the room as never seen a dust, hair still no the shower, bathroom exhaust fan had so much dust/dirt that it was not much good and then there was the toilet. As I stated before I am not a large men but had I been I would have never been able to use the toilet as that is how tightly it was fit into the room. When sat on the loo you could not help but burn your leg on the radiator as you are pressed right up against it. In order to properly clean oneself after using the toilet you had to set away from the loo do what was needed and then go back to toss the paper away. I could keep going on but feel that there is no real point as I am sure the owner is well aware of all the above points but chooses to do nothing about it know that most that stay there will never be returning and I just thank my lucky stars I only needed to spend one night in the place..

The only positive thing I can really think to say about this so called hotel is that it is in a really nice location.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Downstairs room which we had was clean quiet and in a good location. Good value for money.
    • En Suite Family Room (2)

Toilet door didn't shut enough and could see through the side of the door from one of the beds. I like my work colleague but don't want a disturbing image of him sat on the throne for the rest of my life thanks very much. The door size needs addressing.

Room a good size and very clean. Great quiet location. A good size shower with constant hot water. A place to park the van off the road.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Very disappointing.
    • En Suite Double Room

The listing said shuttle. You only find out once you purchase that it’s £30 to heathrow, a £10 Uber ride... it also lists the train as a 10 minute walk. Just untrue. Was a 20 minute walk for me without bags and 25 with (because I was unaware that the shuttle would cost an additional £30). My room was clean but the bathroom was absolutely filthy. Not sure how giving such low marks still gives them a 4.6 rating... beautiful house on the outside but very subpar experience

Building was nice.

Cheaper than other hotels.
    • En Suite Single Room

Bathroom was smelling smoke. Sometimes I was cold but they give me an electrical heater. Fridge's door had a problem and was hard to open and close.

Cheaper than other hotels.

One night
    • En Suite Double Room

As I saw in the comments there's no double bed, just 2 single beds joined but this wasn't an inconvenient. All night you can hear (if you're like me :P) the trains and airplanes (but I was prepared and had ear plugs).

Not too bad for one night. Staff allow us to leave the car parked there for another 3-4 hours after check out. Thank you very much!

value for money, our room was okay but there may be bigger rooms in the house.
    • En Suite Double Room

The double bed was placed against the window. Getting in/ out of bed was difficult. No space to get out but climb over the bed. The space at the bottom of the bed was too small blocked by radiator.

value for money

Issues on the first night with very loud banging through the...
    • En Suite Single Room

Issues on the first night with very loud banging through the night with water pipes, and problems with other guests creating noise through until the early ours of the night in the kitchen - which I accept is beyond the hotels control as they have no one on site

Great location with the exception of the train line right...
    • En Suite Single Room

Bed was worst I’ve ever slept on. Any closer to the floor would have been on it. For a very small room the presence of a small domestic fridge freezer was taking up a good third of the room. It wasn’t turned on was dirty and stank inside.

Great location with the exception of the train line right next to you. Nice layout overall. Good parking. Close to big Tesco and good local (drivable) amenities. Staff where friendly and helpful on the times I spoke with them.

Nice and Cosy.
    • En Suite Double Room

The wifi didn't work for me for some reason. That's the only issue though, and not a big one.

Super comfy bed. Host was very friendly and there was no problem with me checking in very late due to being held up at the airport.

The bed was uncomfortable, the room was too small for two people.
    • En Suite Double Room

The smell that permeates in the whole building.

The location, apart from the underground trains right next to the property, there was a great pub called Hare and Hound down the road, and a big park to go for walks.

Dirty, unhelpful staff who just want to take your money and not help. Remove them from Booking.com
    • En Suite Single Room

When I arrived at the room it smelt awful, a mix of dampness and faeces. When I called the manager she said the room was fine. I asked if she could smell it and she made some excuse about the room had just been decorated, that she had checked the room and it was clean. Further insulting, it wasn't clean (see photos below). I asked if she would sleep in a room that smelt like that, she didn't answer. She offered me another room but insultingly for an extra £10!! She spoke to the landlord (that wouldn't speak to me) and he wasn't any more sympathetic to the situation and said I can stay or leave... this was now 10:30pm, I had no choice. The whole situation was awful, the manager had a real 'don't care', take it or leave it attitude, wasn't helpful and had no intention of dealing with the issue other than trying to charge me more when I was not at fault. The place was dirty, ring marks on the table where a cup had been, the top of the refrigerator was dirty and the place smelt awful. Do not stay at this property.

Nothing apart from leaving.

Amazing service
    • En Suite Double Room

Really nice guest house, has a kitchen where me and my partner was able to cook like i was in my own house, lovely place for a quick get away. Worth every penny

Excellent value for money, comfortable stay and very helpful staff.

" minor things - The room was a little bit cramped (but it was a very fair price, so this isn't really an issue). The kitchen needed some repair (the panel over the oven).

The beds were really comfortable, the room was very nicely decorated, it was tasteful, a bit luxurious , and new looking. It was very clean and cleaned during our stay, each day. It was useful to have a fridge, the tv was good. The shower was really good. It was in a quiet area. It was really useful to have access to a kitchen since we were staying as a family (and there is a large Tesco 3 mins drive away). The staff were so pleasant and helpful,couldn't have been nicer to deal with. We asked for a heater and were given one.

Convenient and reasonable accommodation with free parking and cooking facility.
    • En Suite Single Room

The drain in the shower was blocked.

A pleasant and clean room with a facility to be able to do some cooking in the kitchen. Free parking and wifi was a bonus.

Not confortable as I expected. Will not stay again if actions are not taken.
    • En Suite Family Room (4)

The room and bathroom was not clean as I expected The shower area flooding when taking shower. The hot water ran out and no action..... staff just comment that was due the number of people in the hotel

Clean, functional and friendly
    • En Suite Single Room

Have no real complaints bearing in mind the price and what I needed from the accommodation, the room was very small but functional and suited my needs for somewhere to crash post rugby! Would definitely use again!

Location was good as I was attending the Rugby at Twickenham, also has plenty of parking locally. The place was very clean

• En Suite Double Room

The heating did not work properly and this ruined our stay. The manager gave us a very small room in the basement despite the fact that there were available rooms at the first floor. We changed the room after requesting to change it. Same problem with the heating continued throughout our stay

The kitchen was open to the guests to use it through their stay

A great value for money home from home that I will be sure to visit again.
    • En Suite Double Room

The TV was a bit stuttery on some channels but wasn’t a big issue

The communication from both the Manager and the Owner were excellent. The bed was super comfortable. The parking on-site for free was a bonus. The kitchen facilities were really handy.

I work for a local major broadcaster and the location was...
    • En Suite Double Room

Very minor issues, you have to check in at another hotel in Hounslow Central, although the proprietor did give me a lift back to the hotel. The bathroom is on the small side, but I say these are very minor issues.

I work for a local major broadcaster and the location was ideal. There was a fridge in room which is handy and the room was decorated to a very good standard. There is also a fully equipped kitchen that is free to use. I was upgraded to the family room free of charge.

Stay well away
    • En Suite Double Room

Awful and Day light robbery. Had to wait outside the property for them to drive over, despite stating my arrival time on book. It is a building site right next to the rail way line. Impossible to sleep. Was one bad joke after another but for the price it was day light robbery. Stay away. Booking.com should not be advertising/offering this place on their website.

Nothing to like, the whole experience was totally awful.

Don't use for Wembley!
    • En Suite Family Room (2)

Nice hotel, but Booking.com place this as being 5 miles from Wembley. It is 11 miles to drive or 1.5 hours on Tube (on hottest day of the year) so not hotels fault, rubbish Booking.com algorithms

Hotel itself was really good, Booking.com and distance from Wembley was wrong

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Clean and good value
    • En Suite Double Room

Reception not always open (you need to ring them and check) and they took some time to answer to the door (we had to ring again) but the guy was pleasant when we did meet him... also they didn't give a ring-back as promised pre-check-in... but overall the experience was fine for the price.

Very clean and well priced

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

The room was very clean and staff were accommodating.
    • En Suite Single Room

Description on Booking.com says it is a 10 min walk from tube. It is nearly a mile. You may want to take a bus from the tube if you have luggage.

The room was very clean and staff were accommodating.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Not a lot
    • En Suite Single Room

No hot water at 5am when I got in from working a night shift. No kettle in the room, so couldn't make a hot drink when I got in. The fridge in my room smelt as if something had died in it. Was told that the house would be fairly quiet and I wouldn't be disturbed during the daytime. Was woken at just after 8am by hammering and banging which carried on until after mid-day.And then after a short break someone proceeded to use a circular saw to cut more timber right outside my window.Apparently they were having new skirting boards fitted.

Not a lot

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Not a good stay
    • En Suite Double Room

Stains on bed and toilet. Two single beds (differing heights) put together as one double. Smell of fish throughout the house. 5% card fee. Door card didn't work at night.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Cleanliness, parking, wifi
    • En Suite Double Room

Room not huge, but adequate

Cleanliness, parking, wifi

comfortable

Location and parking

economic

Exactly what I needed and no complaints.
    • En Suite Single Room

Check in time to suit my requirements and very friendly and helpful.

Mostly used for sleeping. didn't use kitchen. But a pleasant stay/
    • En Suite Single Room

A drain smell in the room. Think lacking a u bend under shower tray to prevent smells coming back up.

HELPFUL STAFF, MORE LIKE A GUEST HOUSE AT TIMES.

I would stay here again
    • En Suite Double Room

We met Sonny the owner who was most helpful and a nice person. He even runs a cab service so no problem travelling about.

A little gem
    • En Suite Double Room

They accommodated my request to have my room early and I was able to park at the property

6.0
    reasonably comfortable, room and en suite toilet on the small side. otherwise good.
    • En Suite Single Room

Heathrow flight path and tube line.

Nice area.

Positioned right next to the 24hr Piccadilly tube rail line...
    • En Suite Single Room

Positioned right next to the 24hr Piccadilly tube rail line and so there was noise all night.

Great value for money if you need somewhere in the area.
    • En Suite Single Room

It was available at short notice and the staff/owner were helpful and friendly. He even picked me up and brought me there.

Wonderful

Friendliness , peaceful and lovely place rooms Thank you

Room was good and clearn

Not enough parking space

Room was good and clearn

Bridgehouse hotel choose your room avoid 8 9 10 to noisy right not the railway.
    • En Suite Single Room

No breakfast for the price right on the railway track so very noisy fridge noise all night

Convenient but the tube was a fair walk

I had a wonderful, peaceful 4 nights stay at this hotel. I would definitely recommend to others.
    • En Suite Single Room

Lovely decorated and clean bedrooms. Manager was extremely helpful and friendly. Great kitchen facilities.

Bed very comfortable

Bed very comfortable Room lovely and clean Staff very helpful

Redecorated and good value.

Much improved this year.

It was just a place to sleep and that's it
    • En Suite Family Room (3)

Dirty and fridge not working and full of mould

The drunk naked tennant from the accommodation below !
    • En Suite Family Room (2)

The drunk naked tennant from the accommodation below !!!

Clean, Friendly and good value.
    • En Suite Double Room

The Parking is limited, but wasn't a problem.

Friendly Staff, good location, good value.

Debris in garden

Value for money
    • En Suite Double Room

Difficulty parking limited accessibility to tube

Room

Bed was really bad, in middle was a hole so when you...
    • En Suite Double Room

Bed was really bad, in middle was a hole so when you sleeping with someone its not really great expirienc.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Good location bands very nice
    • En Suite Family Room (3)

Room clean and tidy, staff very good and helpful

Clean, good facilities and friendly staff.
    • En Suite Family Room (2)

My bed was a little uncomfortable, but I am fussy about mattresses.

Friendliness of staff and owner.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Value for money very welcoming
    • En Suite Single Room

A little messy as renovations are currently being done, no issues with noise from this , a good experience

Polite welcoming accommodation

Well worth it
    • En Suite Double Room

Perfect for a night or two. The room was lovely and a good size. Good location. Check in and out was easy. Would stay again and recommend

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Easy to find, friendly welcome and comfortable rest after a day at Twickenham.

The England performance against the French - ha!

Convenient for Twickenham and tube - will stay again next time I have Rugby tickets

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

i booked a room for 3 people but when i arive i was charged...
    • En Suite Family Room (2)

i booked a room for 3 people but when i arive i was charged extra cos the booking did't go tru proply

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Nice little place

A bit small

Nice and warm

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

OK for a bed for the night only
    • En Suite Double Room

Too far from tube for husband with walking difficulties. Parking very limited

Price

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

I liked the Location ,it was very easy to find and the...

The first room I was given was dreadful it was dirty and tatty with damp musty smell and I only stayed in it for one night as i arrived late. It was advertised as having wifi but it was hit and miss as it was a basement room i couldn't even get mobile signal or data so as i was here on business totally not suitable. i was sold another room for an extra 10 a night which i reluctantly paid. The next room was better than the first but still not great by any standards, it was very small and the fridge made hell of a noise all through the night which annoyed me greatly. Popular with tradesmen other guests were loud and had little consideration for others. All this said i would return for business purposes depending on my budget

I liked the Location ,it was very easy to find and the parking is free. The room i upgraded to was better than the first but still nothing to rave about the only thing i liked was the location and the bed was comfy and sheets changed daily. The hotel manager is very friendly speaks English and it troubled me to complain about the things i didn't like.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

The location is nice you can use the kichen if you want to...

The bed could be a bit more comfy and the tv was dark picture we could not fix this waiste of a garden you could have a heated swimming pool 😆😆

The location is nice you can use the kichen if you want to and there is a garden to relax

• Reviewed: 21 November 2015

Very friendly welcome.

No negatives at all - you will need a car ... but we knew that before booking.

Very friendly welcome. Accommodation comfortable, nicely decorated, clean, appropriate. The use of the fully functional, shared kitchen was very much appreciated. Our caretaker was very helpful and polite. I would use again and recommend to my friends.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2015

Reasonably handy to airport.

Limited off-road parking. Tiny en-suite. (When will hotels learn to check that their remote controllers are working. This is not peculiar to this stay - general "booking.com" providers.)

Reasonably handy to airport.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2015

I had to go to a different place for check in to collect my...

I had to go to a different place for check in to collect my room key which is approximately 10 km from the main guest house and it is very difficult for a customer who do not have their own vehicle to reach there. Moreover, it was not mentioned while booking in booking.com and wifi connection was periodic although it was mentioned that wifi is available for 24 hours.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

good quiet location + parking availability

1. the lights didnt work 2. the bathroom smelled of cigarette smoke from previous booking 3. the fridge made a lot of noise overnight

good quiet location + parking availability overall good hotel room facilities

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

The fact that I could stay in the same room as my friends.

It was cold and the room would not lock, there was no hot water in the morning and no option for breakfast

The fact that I could stay in the same room as my friends.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2015

The room was very small.

The room was very small. There were no toiletries available and no breakfast served which I thought was very inconviniant They disturbed our sleep at 12am knocking on our door frequently.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2015

Nothing at all

The overwhelming smell of cooking oils and stale air, the carpets were filthy, the room door locks very poor and difficult to open instantly, the bed was made of what seemed to be scrap materials and to top it off a train line next to the window... Tv failed to work, noisy fridge in room, just awful and never again....if you want a receipt from here you have to drive 25 minutes to the other guest house to get it !!!!

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: 24 February 2015

very comfortable bed and room.

Only stayed for one night so all was good but there is a shared kitchen which is open for people to use all through the night so you can smell food cooking.

very comfortable bed and room. Shower on suite.

• Reviewed: 28 May 2016

It was close to where I wanted.

It was close to where I wanted. Price was great. Very good nights sleep...

• Reviewed: 30 April 2016

Excellent location, car parking, great host, not big room,...

Excellent location, car parking, great host, not big room, but very nice and cozy. I would gladly stay there next time!!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

All the staff

Much door knocking on the next door room which was on the top floor, late at night.

All the staff

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Was fair for price

Curtain did not cover window and no blind to very bright. In middle of nowhere really

Was fair for price

• Reviewed: 22 December 2015

Friendly staff.

Friendly staff. Rooms very small but we'll equipped

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Location, price

Could have been cleaner

Location, price

• Reviewed: 7 November 2015

It was convenient for work.

The kettle was not usable. The kitchen was a bit shabby.

It was convenient for work. The room was en suite and quiet.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2015

Perfect for privacy

Perfect for privacy

• Reviewed: 19 October 2015

Very comfortable bed nice shower

Out of the way small car parking having to go to the other hotel for keys

Very comfortable bed nice shower

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

Nothing really

Nothing really

There are also 40 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.