Reviews of The Cameron B&B 3 stars

#34 of 185 B&Bs and Inns in Edinburgh

Based on 217 B&B reviews

9.9

Nothing to complain about

Wendy as a host has such a welcoming and warm personality! I love her personal approach to each and every guest and have absolutely enjoyed our chats during breakfast. Also, the breakfast options were beyond my expectations - proper amount with various choices to choose from. I'd definitely recommend the porridge (honey added) :-) The room was very clean and the bed was comfy. When I come back to Edinburgh, this will definitely be where I'd like to book again.

Wonderful stay, I felt really welcome, the room was charming the breakfast was excellent. it's 40 minutes walk to town or there's a bus stop right next to the guesthouse.

Stayed here as was running the marathon. Wendy was a fantastic host,friendly and very helpful. Location was good -35 mins walk to the centre. Comfortable room, with private bathroom.Fantastic breakfast. Would recommend.

Bedside lighting not bright enough to read a book.

Wendy is the "Hostess with the mostess", friendly and helpful. Rooms clean. Excellent breakfast. Nice crisp fresh fruit. Brilliant locally sourced meat and vegetables, individually cooked and served on a hot plate. As much toast, tea and coffee as you wanted. Best breakfast we have had in a Bed & Breakfast. Highly recommend.

I liked everything

Everything was fine, I got what I booked. The house is located in a quite residential area. If you want to stay in a typical Scottish family house, I highly recommend you to stay here. A big THANK YOU goes to Wendy, she made my stay even more comfortable. I definitely want to come back. Missing Scotland :-)

My single room did not have an en suite but I did have a toilet with a shower all of my own next door to my room.

Welcoming, homely and the breakfast was amazing

Nothing to say. Liked it all.

The host of the property (Wendy) was excellent giving us vital information on the city of Edinburgh, how to get to places bus times etc. The breakfasts were extremely good. Would thoroughly recommend this property.

It was quite difficult to park close to the B and B but I don't think this can be helped because of the location.

Just a very pleasant and quiet atmosphere after a stressful trip

It is a good 40min walk from the centre but the area it's self is lovely with lots of amenities around and public transport is very regular with a day ticket for the bus costing £4 which you can use as many times as you want in that 24hr period and the bus system is very easy so the location didn't bother us at all. We loved it.

Rooms were comfortable, clean and Wendy is exceptionally friendly and welcoming. She was very attentive even supplying us with a packed lunch for a day trip we had booked.

The breakfast was amazing and we had a range of different options which is always good 👌 The owner was very friendly and helpful and gave us great advise about restaurants and tourists attractions I'd highly recommend the Cameron b&b

We stayed in a very comfortable, large and clean room with double glazed windows. The temperatures hit -5 at night and we stayed toasty! Very friendly and welcoming owner of the B&B. Fresh and tasty breakfast! 10 out of 10 all the way. View of Arthur's Seat from the room!

The accommodation was perfect, it was run and attendant by the owner, and she make you feel really comfy and leave you in your room. The breakfast, prepared by her, was amazing and fresh. 100% recomendable.

Door didn't lock properly. Needed an extra external handle at the same level as the lock, so it could be pulled shut properly. (Fine from inside as it's possible to just push on the lock). Needed to spend ages trying to get it to work. Otherwise, everything great. Good heating and insulation.

Very welcoming, low cost but a bit remote. Depends where you are going - good for me as I was visiting the Kings Buildings. Very quiet.

The address does not come up on the satnav but the postcode takes you to the location. The street comes up as something else but is the same street. One side is Cameron Tce the other is the one that comes up

The breakfast was ordered the night before and was ready at the ordered time. Breakfast is all from a quality butchers and really good. Excellent choice for breakfast. The room was a decent size. The property is just over the road from Cameron Retail Park and not too far from the city centre. I got parked right outside the door!!!

Amazing stay at the Cameron BB. Wendy is a very Nice lady and very attentive to the needs of Her hosts. We had a very nice time there. Bonus : a homemade breakfast that was delicious. Also the location is ideal, quiet and close To the City Center.

I booked because I was attending two Rugby games and this B&B was amazing. Just 12 minutes with the bus 33 to city center (or any other bus just around the corner 8, 24 -the long way around, and 49) mall around the corner and that for a very competitve price! (Download the Lothian bus app a buy the tickets there.) You will get a key so you can go and come as you please. If you have any questions they help you out or look it up for you. Will stay again at B&B Cameron for sure! Breakfast was amazing! Thank you!

The pillows on the bed were a little lumpy. Would still stay again though as everything else was great

The location is great with free parking outside on the street and near to bus stops. The room was cosy and warm. There was a good breakfast selection which was really tasty and the host was really nice and friendly

Not much at all!

It had a good location for what I required it for with a short walk to the Cameron toll centre. I had beautiful breakfast every morning with a wide choice to choose from. The single room that i had was quite nice with everything that you need. In the hallway you had a water cooler to use at anytime was a nice touch. Lovely owners how made you feel welcomed.

It was a bit noisy at night as the room overlooked the road. I was waken up by the noise in the morning.

Comfy bed. En suite room. Good choice of breakfast.

The breakfast was perfect, very good quality of the products. Wendy was a wonderful host always ready to help us We absolutely recommend this B&B.

My plane was so delayed that I arrived after 1am, and the owner stayed up to let me in and get me set up. Very good of her to do so (but please don't follow my example unless necessary).

Very good choice for breakfast including porridge. Scrambled egg and smoked salmon - very generous portion. Host very friendly. No problem leaving my luggage to pick up later.

A lovely B and B! The owner, Wendy, was extremely friendly and helpful, and I loved her fresh fruit salads at breakfast! The room and bathroom was clean and nicely furnished. Although it is not central, there are lots of buses to the centre of Edinburgh.

Accommodation was excellent, and great value for money. Wendy was fantastic, she couldn't do enough and was so helpful and friendly throughout our stay.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Shower wasn't very powerful and tempture was up and down. Overall stay was good.

Wendy the owner was lovely couldn't do enough and was so helpful. Breakfast was 10/10.

Friendly owner ,felt relaxed as soon as we arrived,breakfast was extremely good the best I've had in a b and b . Would recommend to anyone staying in Edinburgh

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Really, for a one night stay, we don't have anything to complain about.

Overall it was very nice, and a good choice. We did get a room in the garden side of the house, which was very quiet. The front may have been a little more noisy (traffic). The location was close enough to the city centre and yet easy to reach by car.

A little bit out of city centre. We didn't mind the walk (about 25 mins to start of Royal Mile) but some people might find it a bit far. However, there is a frequent bus service.

Friendly and helpful hosts. The room we had was very spacious. Good breakfast. No on-site parking but wasn't a problem to park in the street.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Wifi was a bit weak in the single room, even after the technician came to repair it. Pillows could use replaceing.

Karen is an amazing hostess! Friendly, helpful, and also a detail-oriented perfectionist. What more could you want?! The house is clean, and the breakfast is wonderful. While the location is a bit out of the way, there are multiple buses to get to the center, and Karen is really great at helping with that. (Do get the Edinburgh bus app if you can, though--it's really useful.)

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

There is no parking at the property

The bed was really comfy. Toiletries in the bathroom was very nice and the host Wendy was very knowledgeable of the surrounding area.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The breakfast was excellent, the lady who runs it is so helpful, she really cant tdo enough for you. The bed was really comfortable and the room was spacious and immaculaely clean.

The bed was a tad too firm for me personally, and I would have benefitted from having a foam mattress cover on it.

The owner was exceptionally friendly, welcoming and chatty, and was very helpful and organised, but without being overwhelming. The shower room was excellent.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

I didnt have time to explore as it was only an overnight visit to Edinburgh , on my way to Glasgow, I decided to stop over for a concert.

The staff very inviting - and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

No gripes whatsoever!

The property is in an ideal and easy to find location. What a gem right in the city (less than 10 minutes from the Castle). Wendy and Harry are amazing hosts and very accommodating. Our room was super nice, spacious and had plenty of space for 3 travelers with a special needs child. Our shower was accessible, which is a bonus. When we come back to Edinburgh in the future, the Cameron is our go-to destination!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

On street parking, not perfect, but parking is parking this close to the centre.

The owner Wendy was extremely friendly and helpful. Even laid on an early breakfast as I had to leave early.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Wi-Fi not so good, but for quick reference, information and skype connection is enough (my own personal opinion).

Various breakfast menu which which can be changed upon guest's wishes. Rooms are very clear and comfortable with mini snack-bar and kettle.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

The only minor fault my partner had, and this is only personal preference to her, the pillows were a bit too soft, for me they were fine.

Wendy was a fabulous host and very friendly, has good knowledge of the city and pointed us in the right direction when we needed it. The food was exceptional and could not be faulted, the room was really nice and well decorated.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Beware the Towel heater beside the toilet - I burnt myself on it and could not find a control switch to turn it down.

Lovely Landlady - friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Great "Scottish" breakfast. (Fry up with Haggis). Very comfortable room - spacious, clean, modern and cosy. Full Coffee and tea facilities in room. Shower powerful and responsive.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Loved staying here! Wendy was a wonderful hostess; gave us some great local tips. She even left us a bottle of Prosecco and other gifts for New Year's. Highly recommend!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

The owner was incredibly helpful and friendly. Although we arrived earlier than check in, she was helpful and got us a room ready straight away. The breakfast was amazing and she made us feel very welcome. Would definitely recommend and will stay again!

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

It was our first time for my wife and me in Edinburgh and Wendy helped us so much in feeling confortable, she was really mindful in everything! We loved staying at Cameron with my wife!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Nothing just nothing.

The host is too good. Felt like visited my sister house. Very help full. Great Breakfast and a lot. Very clean and and comfortable bed and big room. Provided valuable tips and how to go about in Edinburgh. Thanks you mam.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

the shower with a tendency to flood the bathroom. Not a big deal at all, though.

Great and friendly hosts. Beautiful large room. Amazing Scottish breakfast. We drove, so I can't comment on public transport, but it's definitely convenient if driving. Parking easily available on the street. Overall a fantastic accommodation.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

The B&B is a little bit away from the Center of the City and a bit of a walk to a restaurant if you wanted to eat somewhere close to the accommodations. Our bathroom was a wee bit small.

The owner was friendly and helpful. We were able to choose each day the items we wanted for breakfast ( a pancake choice one day would be good). The room and bathroom were clean and ample towels and amenities provided. There was a patio table outside. The public bus stop was a short walk and the owner helped us with information on what bus to take etc. There was a place to park your car on a street very nearby. (At this time of year you don't want to drive into center city because of the traffic and lack of parking.)

Very friendly and welcoming. Lovely room and excellent breakfast.

Staff

The owner. Wendy. Very attentive and efficient. Her local knowledge was much appreciated when we told her where we going that particular day.

Hostess was very welcoming. Extremely informative & helpful. Accommodation was excellent, tastefully decorated, comfortable & welcoming

lumpy pillow

Awesome breakfast and host Wendy was great - very helpful indeed.

Wish I could stay longer!

A bit of far away from center. Room is very small and a little bit old. The reception is passionate and helpful.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Wendy is a great host, very pleasant and thoughtful!

The owner was lovely and it was a very child friendly place and even provided us with a travel cot for our daughter

Lumpy soft pillows

Breakfast is superb.Room is all you need,and only a good 20 min walk to the city.

Abit far away from city centre but 1 bus gets there.

Very clean.very quiet. Wonderful hospitality.

Good storage. Very friendly owner, very helpful.

The breakfast was lovely, everything very fresh and tasty.

Nothing to complain

Wendy was an excellent host. We loved staying in her B&B. Will definitely come back.

The wifi does not work so much :(

Breakfast was perfect and all rooms were very clean.

Wendy was very friendly and helful

this is the best place i have ever stayed.

fantastic breakfast...wendy is a great

Good Breakfast, very nice communication

Very personable owner. Went overboard to ensure you had a enjoyable stay. Great food.

Wendy was great-very helpful and accommodating.

- Perfect place to enjoy edinburgh - Wendy ist so lovely and her breakfast is stunning

Great breakfast, great staff

The toilet is small.

The room is beautiful and the service is very good. Fantastic breakfast.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

WiFi sometimes lost connection

Wonderful breakfast!!! Staff very kind and available

the room is nice, the shower is good,the host is very kindness

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Key did not work in front door then broke. Breakfast poor.

Room was adequate for one nigh. Would not have wanted more than one.

Everything OK

the friendly welcome and the good breakfast. Everything very clean ! Recommended

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Wendy was a wonderful hostess and a great cook. Make sure you have the Scottish breakfast.

Absolutely brilliant host, couldn't do enough for us. Brilliant breakfast, room, everything.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Entry way a bit dark - very minor complaint.

Hostess was lovely. nothing too much trouble. Breakfast was great. Room was warm & comfy.

Browse The Cameron B&B traveller photo gallery