Reviews of The Coachman Hotel 3 stars

4 Parkfoot Street, Kilsyth, G65 0SP, United Kingdom

#3 of 3 hotels in Kilsyth

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Fantastic value and great breakfast

Bed was double rather than queen. It is advertised as a double so that is to be expected but some double rooms have a queen bed so just a heads up if you are used to a queen bed. We stayed on a Friday night when there was a disco that went until 1am.

Staff were great. Hotel was clean and had good quality towels and linen. Breakfast was great.

We were comfortable thank you.

As we sleep without duvet at home, we have required a top sheet and duvet pulled over our feet. (Aussies!) if sheet unavailable,we have slept beneath the cover.

No traffic noise -for a change.! ( we are staying a night only at a place as we traverse the UK.)

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Facilities, food and staff were all very good.
    • Standard Twin Room

The noise - there was loud music underneath the room until 2.00 am, which we were not informed of prior to booking. It seems the locals have entertainment both Friday & Saturday night and not only was there loud music but patrons congregated outside the hotel entrance shouting and generally making a lot of noise.

The staff were friendly and very competent

Good value
    • Family Room

We were warned on arrival that there could be noise till after midnight but no other notice of this. Would advise you check what is on if staying in a Friday or Saturday

The room was large and the double bed very comfortable. The other bed was a put up bed but comfortable. The breakfast was good. We struck a very busy night with a wedding and another function so staff were stretched but did their best.

Friendly staff but noisy.

The noise from downstairs continued until 2 am . Live band playing until 1 am. Guests need to be made aware of this before they book. Bed a little uncomfortable.

Room prepared early to allow us to attend music concert. Staff very friendly.the breakfast was well cooked and tasty.

Overall stay was excellent just the late noise that let it down

The very loud music that didn’t finish till 1am and very noisey crowd outside after bar closed .Also very noisy toilet after being flushed gurgled for about 30 mins

Size of rooms

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Okay for food but stay down the road.

Room was very small and tired, staff not really too interested. I was stood around for a while waiting for people to notice me. My room was next to the extraction units for the kitchen so had that noise all night.

Breakfast and food was good

Take ear plugs.

This hotel could do with some noise proofing! I stayed 2 nights and was woken up the first night by someone in the bathroom in the other room, sounded like they had serious issues and should maybe consult a doctor. The second night, my neighbours were Mandy and Ross, I felt like we became great friends as I could hear every word and ahem noise! Again I was woken up with their shenanigans, but to be fair the whole hotel probably heard them. I was hoping to meet Mandy and Ross at breakfast so I could introduce myself as I feel I was part of their wonderful night. It would have been nice to have seen what they look like. So if you read this Mandy & Ross, send me a picture so I know who I spent the night with 🤣

It is a handy location for my work. Restaurant was lovely and breakfast was good. Room was functional.

Stayed in between Glasgow and Edinburgh

Small room, noisy main road out the front, never anyone on reception. Breakfast was average. Bar out the back was good and Patrons were friendly. Breakfast staff were lovely. Bed was ok for me but a bit hard for my partner.

Brilliant, will be back
    • Standard Twin Room

Quite hot in the room but in the middle of a heatwave everywhere is the same

Great location for what we needed. Minor issues with the room resolved immediately by the lovely staff (TV not working) Noisy due to function room being in use til midnight but didn't bother us. Great hotel, great food, lovely staff

It met our needs for the 1 night we were scheduled to stay, all was good except road noise.
    • Standard Twin Room

room was on the front of the hotel and hence suffered road noise and on a very warm night, needed the window open.

food in restaurant was great. staff very helpful and friendly.

A wee gem!
    • Standard Twin Room

The bathroom was very compact.

Very pleasantly surprised at this hotel - the room was comfortable and very clean. Dinner in on-site restaurant very good.

It Done what it said on the Tin
    • Standard Twin Room

The Room was compact but it had everything I needed. The Breakfast was excellent and the staff where 1st Class. The room I was given was a little noisy but I was only there for 2 days

We would stay here again, no problem.

Being told that our card payment had been declined when it hadn't been - that was worrying.

Both dinner and breakfast were superb. The room was lovely and the bed very comfortable!

Friendly staff, especially at check in, good breakfast

Very noisy bar, temp outside was 22 degrees yet radiator had been on so room was unbearable, sick on steps on my way in to hotel entrance from a drunken customer clearly. Room okay but price at £69 was too high

Friendly staff, especially at check in, good breakfast

Good basic hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

Sadly, the coffee with our breakfast was stewed.

A comfortable bed after a long days walking. Good evening meal with very friendly staff in the restaurant.

Horrendous.
    • Standard Twin Room

The din was horrific and we got no sleep until 3 am. The party guests were thrown out at 1 am and they then screamed football chants outside for two more hours.

Dinner was very good.

Avoid this hotel during the weekend.

We were unable to sleep because of unbearable late night(till 1AM) music from the restaurant/bar. Loud music sound and beats came from just right under the floor... Even the earplug was useless that night. It seems all locals enjoyed their weekend night-out at this hotel’s bar. Do avoid staying here at weekends if you need a good rest!!

Good breakfast served by kind and friendly staff

tea and coffee facility in room.

There was wallpaper falling off the walls. The bathroom was very small. Room was far too hot which meant opening the window, this let in the noise from the main road outside and all the sunlight early in the morning, due to a blackout blind attached directly to window, blackout curtains would be beneficial. In the morning paying residents breakfast ended at 9am but served until 12 for visitors, this meant our free breakfast courtesy of the room booking was invalid and made no sense. Very disappointed won't be staying again.

tea and coffee facility in room. Good sized tv.

Enjoyed but if your wanting a relaxing weekend very noisy place till early morning

Food well prepared

Good breakfast but if you are there at weekend book your meals if eating at hotel food good special deal before 6.30pm. Most of staff lovely

Lovely rooms, friendly staff and great food

Very noisy as there was a function in room below. However much the same in most hotels on Saturday nights. Other guests very noisy but can't complain for value for money.

As described and good modern room, very clean and comfortable Excellent food served In Restaurant

It was Ok
    • Standard Twin Room

Noise from the function room was so loud fortunately we were at a family party and only arrived back in the hotel at midnight .Music from downstairs went off at 1 o’clock which was ok for us but we would not have stayed in hotel had we been trying to sleep earlier.

Clean tidy room

Perfectly adequate for our stay

We were a little early in the restaurant but it was still a little slow. Give them their due it was particularly busy and we were in no hurry

Restaurant food was good

Thouroughly enjoyable.
    • Standard Twin Room

Toilet was very small and couldn’t turn around in the small shower. Was noisy but won’t let it put us off going back.

Everybody had a job to do and they did it very efficiently. All staff were exceptionally nice and very friendly. Food was excellent.thouroughly enjoy

I have stayed in this hotel before and did not have these issues

The bedroom was cold and there was no facility to adjust for comfort. Also when we arrived at 5.30pm I could not get a shower or bath as the water was cold

Whoops
    • Standard Twin Room

The bed fell apart at 02.30 and i slept on the floor. The next morning I was asked what was I doing I think he won't to hear coming off the wardrobe but being 60 years of age the chance would be a fine thing. But going to the toilet was the reason I was then told in 9 years of him working there it has never happened before. I then showed my wife's bed which had been repaired we couldn't discuss this at the time beause we were going to a funeral when we got back.. The second manager was a lot better she offered to pay for dinner this was just the main meal. No starter, No drinks, No deserts. The customer service at this hotel is much to be desired it was the first time and it will be the last and take note this hotel is Where everybody has their 21st,Weddings, etc etc if your looking to go to sleep before 01.30 bring ear plugs. even though we are in Kilsyth as much as we can because we have family I was basically made to feel it was my fault by the first manager.There are better B&B's in the area which we have stayed at before in which we have had no problems what so ever .

Lovely food and great service.
    • Standard Twin Room

Very noisy in the rooms on the Saturday night with a disco down stairs. If you want to avoid the noise it’s best to get involved with the disco.

Lovely food and great service.

Good hotel.

The banging music from downstairs on the Friday and Saturday night wasn’t pleasant.

The location was ideal. The room was clean and bed was comfortable.

Not to be repeated despite the staff.

Second time we had tried this hotel. First time 18th party on till early hours beneath our room. Figured that was a one off- no such luck! Yet another party , noise level horrendous and no sleep for either of us. This was a stop off during a 1200 mile journey- sleep was essential. Will not try a third time!!!

Staff- always cheerful and helpful

Completely destroyed my families Christmas!
    • Standard Twin Room

When travelling abroad with young children at Christmas, a lot of planning goes into the trip! Of the 4 property's that we visited in the UK we specifically chose this venue for Christmas because of the family room size and the fact that we could put up a tree for the kids presents on Christmas morning. The rooms were booked well in advance of our trip! When we arrived we were rudely told that we had confirmed a double room and 2 twin rooms, which was a blatant lie! this infuriated me and a heated argument took place. I then demanded to see my booking on their system, there it was in black and white my order for the family room and the 2 twin rooms! The receptionist just kept saying 'well there is someone in that room!' To add insult to injury - they tried to charge me the family room rate!!! They completely disregarded my order and did what suited them with no thought on how this would affect our holiday! We were then put in the smallest room in the inn (despite us booking the largest!) We booked 3 rooms for 6 days and were treated like absolute degenerates! My entire stay was soured by the fact that I was squeezed into a tiny room with lots of suitcases, there was absolutely no space at all! There was never anyone at the reception (even when we checked out) the area downstairs was used for wild parties which lasted till 2am in the morning (now this was not music that could be faintly heard - this was thumping music which we could hear the words of the songs to) there was no regard given to the tenants of the inn and when coming home in the evening, there was no parking for our vehicle, I sent the director of the inn a polite message to please contact me before we departed the property - which I to date have not had a response to! book this property at your own risk.... you might get what you ordered... but I wouldn't count on it!

the breakfast was OK

Very pleasant overall and the staff were great Food excellent too.
    • Standard Twin Room

We had a very pleasant two night stay over Christmas Food was excellent and the helpings were generous. Very clean and comfortable and ALL of the staff were fantastic - warm, friendly, helpful and professional.

Lovely hotel. Great staff needs to be cleaner.

I thought the room could have been cleaner. The bathroom especially as the toilet was dirty and the toilet seat had a chip in it, which I don’t think is hygienic. The floor in the bedroom was dusty and sticky too.

The staff were very friendly. Even arranging an early breakfast as I was leaving pre 7am. Delicious breakfast with great coffee. Room nice and warm with coffee bed and modern decoration.

Great overnight stay

The bath was a jacuzzi bath that did not work! the room took a long time to heat up. Found the shower very difficult to work out to hot or to cold never right. could be dangerous.

Liked the space in the room and very large bathroom clean and warm The food in the restaurant was excellent would really recommend. The decor is a vast improvement from our last visit.

Enjoyable but cold .

Being cold .

Staff so helpful and friendly ,happy with everything was even advised there was a function on.As a retired hotelier and publican very impressed .Big problem was it was -1 outside and -3 inside bedroom and had requested etra heating and blankets as my wife has health problems but none done I did however go to reception where young man was helpful with small heater.But have had this problem before at the coachman which is sad as everything else was 1st class.

Plenty of parking.

My room, room 11 had laminate flooring all round. A carpet would have been better. It felt a little cold

Plenty of parking. Staff very nice. The hotel was clean

Hotel was ok,

Wall paper hanging off wall, no hairdryer in room! Music Booming at 12.30pm which you could clearly hear from our room!

Lovely Breakfast with Great Hot Tea! Friendly Staff

Visiting family . Great location and lovely meal in the evening.
    • Standard Twin Room

If I was being picky I’d say I was a bit cold during the night. Perhaps a thicker duvet or extra blanket .?

I have stayed here before and it was awful. Noisy and unfriendly. This time was much better. The hotel entrance has been revamped and looks great. The staff were great and helpful. I had a great nights sleep.

Hotel is exceptional value, real shame about breakfast though.
    • Standard Twin Room

The breakfast started at 07:00 which suited me perfectly, as most hotels start breakfast too late for me due to my working start time, i was up and really looking forward to it, but dear oh dear, i went down at 07:05 and no-one was to be seen, i heard people talking but no-one in the restaurant, i raed the breakfast menu, had 2 glasses of orange juice, looked for a bell in case i had missed something, and still no-one appeared so at 07:15 i left the restaurant. Total dissapointment...;0(

The hotel is extremely clean and the staff were very welcoming, i had an evening meal which was absolutely lovely, and too be honest i wasn't expecting such big portions, i had ordered a side of Hillbilly Chilli which would have been a meal on its own..!!

Comfortable stay with lovely brekkie!

Only downfall was blinds in bedroom and bathroom. They had black mould on them likely from condensation. Didn’t cause a problem but overall didn’t make the hotel seem as clean as it could have.

Breakfast was lovely and bed was very comfortable.

Facilities were poor but the staff welcome and attention, helped you overlook it.

The room was very small but comfortable. The bathroom very tight-small, and not at all user friendly. Nowhere to put anything down and absolutely no towel rails, which made a mockery of the many notices on laundry savings.

The staff were excellent and the service second to non. The food was really good value for money and beautifully cooked.

Horrible

The noise!!!!! The music is really to loud until 2 in the morning. Drunk people being sick and fighting outside truly horrible place. Would never recommend to anyone

The breakfast was great, and the lady in the dining room was great

comfortable and accomodating.

The noise from the function room till half 2 the music was really loud and the traffic noise, could do with triple glazing.

The breakfast was nice and they accommodated what you wanted. Was offered more cups of tea and slices of toast.

Good location, friendly staff, good food.
    • Standard Twin Room

The shower cubicle was very small and the shower leaked and had little pressure. The music was too loud in the dining area at breakfast. When we asked for it to be turned down it was, but then turned up again! There was no hairdryer in the room, but was given the use of one when I asked.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was good, breakfast excellent. Decor in restaurant good. Friendly atmosphere.

Terrible, unnaceptable levels of noise:- music, screaming, shouting and swearing.
    • Standard Twin Room

The bedrooms were situated above the bar/restaurant and our room was above the function room and front entrance to the hotel. The noise levels from karaoke, 18th birthday functions and people hanging around the front door was terrible. People leaving were shouting, screaming and swearing until around 2.30am on the Saturday night. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Apparently it is the only hotel in the 'district' that has a function room. The last straw of our stay when we could hear 'IRA' songs being sung.

We chose the hotel to attend a wedding nearby. The staff were friendly and apologetic.

The staff was helpful, room adequate, location good.
    • Standard Twin Room

Call ahead to see if any events are taking place on the night(s) you are staying. Made the horrific mistake of being the only guest not partaking in the wedding on the night of my stay. While the party "ended" at 0100...the guest did not. No sleep.

The staff was helpful, room adequate, location good. Restaurant ok, not the best service or food.

Excellent stay will be returning

Shower was incredibly small but bathroom was functional bedroom was also small and basic but had all facilities required

Food was absolutely amazing the mussels and Scottish steak were the best food I've ever eaten - would thoroughly recommend them

Excellent value for money; a real gem.
    • Standard Twin Room

Car park was quite full and awkward to get to from the front of the hotel via a very narrow drive. They appeared to be a bit short staffed in the morning with only one lady serving breakfast and looking after reception.

Very generous with their coffee at breakfast. My "light" breakfast was actually quite filling. The room was very comfortable with a wooden floor, twin beds, an en suite bathroom and shower, desk with chair, TV and kettle. The restaurant had a friendly “family” atmosphere and the waitresses were helpful and efficient.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

the evening "set"meal available till 6.
    • Standard Twin Room

traffic noise through lack of double glazing in room 2 and a claustrophobic toilet/shower room try to ask for a room possibly at the back of hotel to avoid the late night/early morning main road noise

the evening "set"meal available till 6.30 pm is good value with a reasonable choice - friendly and welcoming staff - overall good value for money

It was ok for one night
    • Standard Twin Room

Very noisy from main road, there was a function on in the place and the front entrance was littered with bodies and food. There was also a child's function on in the morning so overall a busy place with not much peace. The shower lacked power.it was fine for one noght

Good bar, breakfast and room spacious

Good location - very central
    • Standard Twin Room

We were there on Saturday night. Two events on with the disco & bar running until 1AM mean't it was late when we got to sleep.

Good location - very central

Very comfortable, friendly, lively hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

There seemed to be a problem with the hot water supply. I was told that the water goes off on a Friday afternoon and it takes a while for it to heat up again.

All the amenities were satisfactory. Food in the dining room and bar suppers were very tasty, no problem there.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Basic room, good restaurant
    • Standard Twin Room

Very small room and bathroom, but clean and comfortable enough. Good location for walking the John Muir Trail. Restaurant much better than expected, with huge servings. Staff friendly but front desk often unattended.

Kept awake all night.

I booked this room as I was competing in a cycling event close by, It never described the rave disco until one in the morning and the people stood outside chatting until two in the morning. Completely ruined my weekend and if I was paying in cash then I would have refused to pay. I still would like my money back and I am not happy at all. What are you going to do as staff at the hotel promised me a manager would contact me. I'm still waiting for that call.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Good eventually.
    • Standard Twin Room

Having found somewhere to sit I was told after a while that it was booked so I would have to sit elsewhere if I could find a seat. There was no reserved sign on the table, I wasn't asked when I checked in whether I wanted to eat there in the evening and thereby they could have saved a table for a resident.

The food once a coachload of people left so that I could sit down.

Wilson & Celia
    • Standard Twin Room

The room we had was right at the top of the stair next to the fire door, it was very noisy & I made a complaint when we checked out, also there was entertainment on & at 1.30 in the morning people were very noisy going out of the hotel,

We have stayed in the Coachman a lot over the years when we go to visit family, the food in the hotel is always lovely

Good place, other than the party below us!

Our room must have been above the function room where there was very loud music until 1 am, which kept us awake.

Comfortable large room. Breakfast was very good and staff helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Avoid The Coachman in Kilsyth

The hotel was under renovations, so the lobby was a little bit of a shambles. Additionally, we found out that our room was directly above the nightclub - - don't worry, the desk clerk said, it only goes to 1 AM! Pounding beat of the DJ music made it impossible to sleep. We had dinner in the restaurant, which was fine (and they accommodated our request for a quiet spot in the room) but otherwise not a great experience. Then, once the nightclub had closed, a fire alarm went off at 3 AM. We had to get up, get dressed and go to the lobby. No worries, the desk clerk said, it was just a guest smoking in their room (at 3 AM?).

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Would not stay here again there are many hotels of a similar size that offer so much more
    • Standard Twin Room

The entrance to the hotel part was awful, dark and smelled like a beer cellar. Member of staff that booked us in said thats £65.00 and actually stuck her hand out. No polite explanation of why we had to pay immediately it made you feel that you were going to leave without paying. The room was poor, felt claustrophobic and shower and toilet were so small. There was nowhere to even hang a towel. It smelt awful too. Breakfast was mediocre. It was more of a pub that had fitted as many bedrooms in as possible on the floor above. The staff reflected this and didn't make you feel welcome. A stark contrast to the small hotel we stayed in the following evening which although was basically the same set up was cosy, comfortable, welcoming, professional with a lovely sized bedroom and bathroom.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Restaurant excellent rooms too small and noisy

The rooms and location very noisy and door at end of corridor where rooms are banged every time someone went through it

This hotel is currently under refurb the rooms are very small and our was on main road and was very noisy it also has a function suite attached to hotel and is very noisy music can be heard in room and when people were coming out after party it was very noisy .the staff and restaurant attached is a bonus to this hotel and cannot be faulted excellent service and meals .

Not great. Doubt I will be back

It was above a night club so was really noisy. There were there no staff there to check us in on arrival, we had to go find someone. Not the hotels fault I know but the fire alarm went off at 4am! Again there were no staff around to tell us what was happening and we got no apologies from anyone the next day

The bed was comfy enough I guess

Friday Night stay

There was a lot of noise from the street until about 2 a.m. which resulted in not a good nights sleep. Better windows might solve this problem.

The hotel staff were very accommodating and professional. The bathroom was very large and comfortable. Overall would stay again, no hesitation.

Kilsyth Getaway
    • Standard Twin Room

The wooden bed frames are a bit of a hazard for walking in to, the laminate flooring is lovely but a bit of a slip hazard too .

The bed and pillows were really comfortable. Food was excellent. Nice friendly,helpful staff. looking forward to a return visit.

The room was comfortable.

It would have been rather a squeeze for two people. The shower was very small. There was nowhere to put towels.

The room was comfortable. The bed and bed linen were excellent.

Budget hotel above function room that plays music till 1am,no ear plugs, no hot water at 6am
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel room above a function room that plays music till 1am so no sleep, staff had no ear plugs, soap dish kept falling off, no hot water at 6am

Staff and free parking

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The coachman is perfect for staying at if you're working away from home
    • Standard Twin Room

The Wi-Fi didn't work in my room The tv was faulty and would just stop working randomly - room 6 No hot water as there was construction work going on during my stay. This was corrected later in the day.

The food & staff were excellent. The staff were very friendly and worked very hard both in the bar & restaurant.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Good value for money, great staff, clean and comfy and breakfast was delicious
    • Standard Twin Room

We were very happy overall, the only criticism I would make is that tea and coffee were served before the breakfast and we had no drinks left to have with our hot food A refill would have been nice

We were late for breakfast but the receptionist arranged for us to have it anyway

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Think twice before booking at weekends...
    • Standard Twin Room

I would seriously advise potential guests to think twice before booking at weekends. The noise level from the disco/party/knees up going on downstairs was eye watering. Impossible to sleep through it. When I mentioned it at reception no words of sympathy. I was told: We'll, everyone knows we have events at the weekend...."

Staff in the restaurant friendly and attentive,

Great night away

We were served coffee and tea right away for breakfast, but toast came out with our cooked breakfast. Would've preferred it with my coffee. Food good though and staff were very nice too.

Lovely atmosphere in pub\ restaurant. Food excellent too.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Couldn't ask for better friendly staff!!!

Always liked the Coachman. As go there each time i'm visiting Kilsyth. Staff are super friendly .Love the restaurant. Lovely food. Value for money

Overall very enjoyable

I asked for room with bath. Bit dated on the decor in need of a paint and would boost the rate

The restaurant was fab, staff was always friendly went that extra step from most. Room was comfortable

Disaster

Beds were poor need new mattresses bathroom was shocking in size couldn't swing a cat a uncomfortable to use toilet as toilet holder sticking out wall and u had to be careful when sitting on getting up without hitting yourself. No additional toiletries just two soap dispensers on wall one in sink one in shower. Noise was a disgrace couldn't even sleep til after 3 am in morning due to bar and people waiting outside. Would never recommend an overnight stay. Also restaurant was within bar area had family meal arranged night before and service shocking our party was split then all served at different times, initially waited an hour and a bit for service. Food was ok but because it was late in evening they ran out of our required desserts. Then they had the cheek to ask if it was ok to add on 10% service charge. No way as it was terrible then we were asked as it was late to have two children out if restaurant and we hadn't even had or offered coffees. No it's not somewhere I would recommend for nice meal and overnight stay. Wasn't even anyone on reception. Quick bar meal maybe but nothing else. For a hotel it's full of young groups of people drinking in their bar. Stay clear

Breakfast was ok

The Coachman

The shower set fire alarm off at 11.20pm. No hot water in the bath or shower in the morning. Charge on booking.com diff to what reception attempted to charge. booking had breakfast reception said not! Found a needle in the Kettle, and there was no hairdryer in the room. room above a function room which had party going on until 1am then the joy of Youths singing in the carpark drunk until 3am.

Breakfast was excellent and the bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Business in Kilsyth

Internet connection, cable or wireless that seemed not to work at all.

The food is excellent and it is really good value for money. Location is also really good.

Awful place if you are looking for a restful night.

Unfortunately the hotel has a policy of playing very loud music until 1am on a weekend. Additionally the central heating bangs away on start up, so if you get 5 hours sleep then you are lucky.

The Staff were friendly and approachable

Don't judge a book by the cover.....it's better when you get into it!!!

Bedroom and bathroom are a tight squeeze, and it looks a bit care worn in places. Initial impression could be a little off putting, but get through that and it's fine.

The bar restaurant was a 'plus' since there didnt seem to be much else around although we were there only one night so didnt explore. Good pub food and very big portions!! The staff were lovely. Friday and Saturday disco might be a challenge for some, but we stayed for a few drinks and the locals were very friendly.