Reviews of Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa 4 stars

1-8 Highstreet, Helmsley, YO62 5AG, United Kingdom

#2 of 7 hotels in Helmsley

The room was a little shabby the carpets were well worn and the finish wasn’t as I’d have expected. It was ridiculously hot and although a fan was provided, it was impossible to sleep wth it on. So not a great night sleep. Having a baby at home this is very important to me 👎

The staff were lovely, the pool, spa and restaurant were fabulous 😊

Temperature of the room.

The food was all excellent, prepared freshly and served beautifully. The hotel is well positioned for a walk in to Helmsley and its attractions. The pool and terrace area are good and unexpected in a UK country hotel. Our only issue was that we found our room over warm and stuffy. It was situated in the older part of the hotel and although we would stay again we would look for an improved room.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Not much information in the room about hotel but plenty on the spa. Areas in hotel in need of refurbishment eg carpets. Showers were temperamental.

Breakfast good choice and friendly staff. Heated outdoor pool good

• Small Double Room

Spa too small and no emergency button ,over priced food and drinks ,poached eggs like hard boiled eggs ,was not asked if I had enjoyed our stay 5% service charge not just on service but on full booking

Outdoor pool ok

• Small Double Room

The door knob was broken and difficult to twist, the room was disappointingly small not to mention absolutely boiling it was like getting off a plane at the other end in Thailand, the room was on the road which meant we had to have the window wide open but it was so noisy I struggled to sleep, the water from the cold tap run warm and there was too much furniture in the room so looked and felt completely cramped, the whole place needs a bit of maintenance. Also didn’t get asked about how the visit was at the end of the stay.

Had a good snack board

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Optional service charge 5% on room - would have been nice to have been given the OPTION, the amount was filled in before I could enter my pin. Also room was too hot overnight in May, and black out blinds would have been good so that I didn't wake up at 5 am.

Loved the outdoor pool and general atmosphere of the place. A little different and lovely.

• Small Double Room

Great facilities, especially the outdoor pool and hot tub. Friendly and helpful staff. Hotel upgraded our room from small double to poolside suite due to it being our wedding anniversary.

• Small Double Room

The staff are so friendly and kind , they will bend over backwards for you. The outdoor pool is fantastic best spa I’ve been to you have that “I don’t want to go home feeling” every time you visit.

• Small Double Room

Beautiful hotel, beautiful spa, beautiful surroundings. Staff were fantastic, so attentive and hard working. Food was gorgeous. Definitely will be staying again.

I booked this hotel months in advance for my wife’s 40th, we have been into Helmsley many times and my wife has always wanted to stay here and enjoy the spa, as check in is fairly late, 3pm and my wife’s first spa treatment was at 3:40pm I requested an early check in, email I received back was hardly encouraging, asking me to arrive early and if the room ( jnr suite costing £286 for 1 night ) was ready then all good, we arrived optimistically at 12:30, it was ready so we left our bags and went into town for some lunch & shopping, got back to the hotel at 2:20pm and still not ready, so we sat around the pool to wait, after trying to find a seating area that wasn’t covered in leaves and twigs we sat patiently, not a single offer of a drink whilst we waited, nothing! Just sat there, so I decided to pop into the spa and pay for my wife’s 2 treatments in advance, I had hoped previously over the phone and was told on the 11th May they happened to be an offer on where 2 treatments cost £100, although I was presented with an invoice of £178! I obviously questioned it to which the girl huffed & puffed a bit, took my £100 cash and sat back down behind the counter....! So I had to ask what my wife had to bring and wear! I felt like I had upset her because I didn’t pay the £178!! Anyway, I went back towards reception at around 2:55pm, room was ready and we were shown to our room, (room 19) 2 min walk from reception and up two flights of stairs, no problem, however the room itself was extremely underwhelming!

The actual hotel itself is really lovely, the outdoor pool area/hot tub had a wow factor and the area it’s situated is obviously very nice, the spa has a great reputation and did not disappoint, all the reasons I booked this hotel & spa stay for my wife’s 40th birthday.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The Hotel has a tired feel and we got the distinct impression it has become focussed on money making above genuine care for guests. The room was not the cleanest, the Spa tired and the breakfast ok. The staff looked like frightened rabbits at times and every question seemed forced and corporate as though recently trained by Americans. They asked questions without wanting an answer. The lady hosting breakfast on our second morning was so condescending she appeared to be speaking to us as though we had special needs. The additional 5% service charge was not expected and I would have thought a hotel like the Fev would be able to pay and train their staff appropriately without adding a hike on our bill.

The location in the beautiful north York’s moors was fab. Helmsley itself is great but our first visit to the Fev for a few years was disappointing. Breakfast was ok, the bedroom was ok but tired and the bed was comfy.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Hotel looking tired. Stained stairs carpet. Sofas in bar lounges very worn and uncomfortable:need replacing. Service in bar very poor. Not enough staff and a very junior member of staff left on his own for considerable time. No bar prices displayed. Eating options poor. Need intermediate menu. Restaurant too expensive with small portions of "gourmet" food. Room 3 very hot even with both windows open all day. Bathroom cramped with toilet crammed in a tiny space. Dangerously hot water. Spa facilities good apart from sofas which are very soiled.

All staff friendly and helpful. Large bedroom. Pool and spa. Breakfast.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

It was our tenth wedding anniversary, hotel, staff and ambiance were superb. Good staff training has been given. I also had the best pedicure treatment ever. Thank you for making it such a happy break for us

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff went above and beyond, very friendly staff and would do anything to make your stay more comfortable or more enjoyable. Beautiful room and spa facilities were lovely!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Only very minor criticisms such as biscuits not replenished at the tea and coffee station in our room during turn down service and the bar snacks (crisps/nuts/etc) very expensive for only a tiny serving.

Lovely spa hotel. We are repeat customers, and think this is a perfect escape for a couple. Superb staff, high standards of cleanliness & service. Hard to beat!

• Small Double Room

The staff were extremely attentive, providing everything we needed. Breakfast was of great quality, although the cooked meal was a little small on portions we were still able to come away full due to the breakfast bar as well. The room was lovely, we were given a free upgrade as a bonus and everything was very clean. We also took the time to get a couples massage which was very relaxing. Finally the facilities within the spa were top notch. I would definitely stay again!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

When you go to the trouble of good butter, crisp tablecloths and good produce at breakfast it's disappointing to get poor quality pre-sliced toast......

Nearly everything

• Deluxe Suite

The jacuzzi was only working on one side. Also in the spa it was the same on the foot wash. Also it would be great if there’re was more choice at lunch time IE sandwich’s to choose from. Think there was only 2 kinds to pick. The food did look good but not much choice so we went into the village.

Took my wife away for her birthday and we had a pool suite room. These are very spacious with a balcony over looking the pool and jacuzzi. They have tv in the lounge area and also in your bedroom. Separate shower and bath with twin sinks .The hotel is excellent and the staff are very friendly. We both spent a day in the spa area which was very relaxing. The outdoor pool is really warm and great on cold days. My wife had a facial and said it was very nice. We would come back again

• Small Double Room

Our room on the night was uncomfortably hot but when the window was open it was very noisy from the road outside. So had very poor sleep quality.

The spa facilities and layout of hotel were excellent. Nice atmosphere in hotel. Fantastic location,

• Small Double Room

Expectations were high, delivery just seemed a bit flat. Small details such as shaver socket in room not working, scrambled eggs at breakfast not freshly cooked......slightly tired feel. Evening menu pricey and not changed.

Well designed spa. Good location.

• Small Double Room

The bed could have been bigger, but that’s just me nit picking. I’m used to a super king so going to a double was a bit of a squeeze.

Just a nice place to relax. The staff were so helpful and welcoming. Couldn’t fault anything and the village was so quaint to just wander around and have a look around all the little shops.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is in an excellent location and the real draw for us was the fine dining and spa facilities. Our room was a little small and the general interior of the hotel was looking a little tired throughout. There were cobwebs in our room on arrival and no turndown service was provided on our second night. The staff could do with being a little more helpful/friendly in the bar area however the quality of evening food was excellent. A good stay however a little disappointing based on the price!!

Nothing not to like...

Everything..... the room, the staff, the location and the breakfast..... unfortunately we didn’t get a chance to try the pool but it looked fabulous. We had the most fantastic room, the size and standard of our room completely exceeded our expectations. The staff couldn’t have been more helpful, and the whole hotel had a very calm and relaxing feel..... a lot of far more expensive hotels could do with taking a leaf out of the Faversham Arms and Verbena Spa’s book..... such a find in the North York Moors.... we will return..... oh, and Helmsley is beautiful too...

• Small Double Room

Quite disappointed by the service, given high expectations and 'genuine' eagerness of the staff to follow up on the complaints communicated in the end of the stay - 4 weeks on and no one made an effort to reach out despite ''writing down" all the details. The potential of the hotel is great, however the actual execution is worse than at some much cheaper hotels in the area. Clear lack of sitting space for breakfast, making guests huddle in the surrounding lounge which was clearly not designed for taking food. Inattentive staff showing no reaction to simple asks like sparkling water and lack of food on a Saturday morning - clearly not ready for higher load of guests over the weekend. Overall, 'OK experience' but quite disappointingly low value for money and definitely not worth another visit.

• Small Double Room

This place exceeded my expectations. Went away for the night and the room was fab! The staff in the spa made us a specific meat platter which wasn’t on the menu (but what we fancied) and the service was amazing. The evening meal was out of this world and again the service was just spot on, flexible and very helpful. Can’t wait to go back!

• Luxury Poolside Suite

We paid £530 for 2 nights and we’re really looking forward to using the pool , when we arrived the pool was closed but the staff assured us it would be open for our second day. It was still closed right up until we left on the Saturday, then there was confusion over our bill , we had paid before arriving but it didn’t show on their system so I had to go though my online banking to show payment. We had chose that particular place for the pool so I was disappointed that we couldn’t use it. Also we were not offered any other treatments for not having use of the pool. It would have been nice to compensate for it all

Staff and accommodation was lovely

the room was facing the church in which was rookery making its early morning noise

The suite was just perfect and suited my choice to celebrate my wife's 80th Birthday. The food and ambiance of the whole experience was what we expected, and would book again when the occasion arose,

• Small Double Room

We were in room 30 next to the wooden staircase (which looked lovely) but was noisy on a night with people up and down. Pool could have been a touch warmer.

Having the extra room was nice to relax in.

• Deluxe Suite

We’ve been coming to The Feversham for a number of years and my wife has been for the past seven years, when we last came we noticed rooms were looking very tired, something which is trending on your reviews from other guests. We checked in early so we could go and visit Helmsley and told our room was ready at 3pm, which was fine. Room 25 so I checked images of this room on Google and we were happy with the appearance of the room and layout. After a pleasant walk around Helmsley we arrived back to find out we had been moved to room 22. Yes it’s a pool side suite, but come on, outside on our small patio area we had cigarettes ends dropped in what I would say was a neglected garden area, looking sad and unloved, yes it is February but this could look so much better. Entering the room we could see straight away how tired it looked. The blinds on the skylight windows were crumpled, the bathroom, black and red which made it look dated, dark (nightmare to shave in this darkness), black tiles look like they have not been cleaned but they have, it’s just the oldness of them which makes them appear this way. In the tight corners just dirt!!!! On checking the upstairs area we find two single beds, it felt like we were in some type of empty bedsit, why give us a room with the capacity to sleep four people? We would rather have had a larger room to sleep two. Ironing board cover just kept falling off so was a nightmare to iron our clothes for the evening meal. And finally the only good thing was the log burner, however we only had it on for a short time as we had no replacement logs. Never known anything like it, why not have a nice basket of logs in the room? So the spa!!! What is going on? It was a cold day which was not an issue, on walking across by the pool I hear other guests commenting on the pool, “it’s not very warm, I can only stay in this for a short time etc.” As a keen swimmer I thought nope not for me today.

Feedback for the staff at The Feversham is very good from the staff on reception to the staff at the bar and the restaurant staff who were great and very friendly. Food in the restaurant was cooked to a good standard. Credit to all of the staff you have. That is it for the what we liked!

Unfortunately the all year round swimming pool couldn’t get up to temperature, which was a bit disappointing as we were both really looking forward to using. Luckily the jacuzzi was nice & warm!

Junior suite felt very spacious, and nice & warm in the middle of winter!

• Small Double Room

Beautiful setting.Set in Lovely village with plenty of warm welcome to visitors,comfortable rooms cleaned daily. Bed Turn down service is a real luxury to return to after an evening out & the Outdoor hot tub is fab. The best asset has to be the friendly polite staff where nothing is to much trouble from the minuet you check in concierge is on hand with a friendly welcome & helpful hand. Reception,bedroom ,dinning& bar staff are equally wonderful & I can’t praise the whole FA Team enough they really make guests feel special & are a credit to the management.

• Small Double Room

That we had to return home after finding out that there was no heating or hot water in our room or the main pool and maintenance were trying to rectify but couldn't until the morning. We were offered an alternative hotel or a heater to our room and use of the spa to shower in but this was a disappointment and inconvenient for us. This was supposed to be a night away for my husbands birthday and we ended up coming home at 6pm

Lovely location , beautiful hotel

breakfast a little chaotic, needed more staff to replenish juices and cereals, breakfast meal average compared to evening meal

the spa was excellent although busy that day. evening meal was excellent

• Luxury Spa Suite

The fact the hotel had no recollection of our booking. Fortunately they had one room left otherwise we would of been sleeping in the car.

The room was nice although I fear the room we did book would of been even better

• Small Double Room

Slow service and lack of toast and hot drink refills at breakfast

The food, evening meal was really amazing, shame the breakfast was a bit on cold side and the service rather slow, but staff were friendly.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Pool was way to cold also wasn't told about no dining until we got there guy on reception was quite rude alsi

hotel was clean majority of staff were friendly

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Hotel looked tired- it was 29/12, holly was half dead, used plates/ cups all around bar area where we sat to meet friends for tea. Bedroom ok but nothing special. Spa lovely. Wrote to hotel and had bland standard response- felt disappointed at that.

Had smoked cod with poached eggs- was exactly that- tiniest portion of cod have ever seen served, with 2 eggs on white plate- no sprig of watercress, no slice of tomato. But eggs cooked well.

• Small Double Room

Very disappointed with dinner. Said we were vegetarian consequently did not get a pre- dinner taster as everyone else did, a few peanuts would have been fine. Only choice of vegetarian main was risotto, but I unfortunately do not like this dish, no alternative was offered so had to eat fish. The current chef is obviously talented, and would probably do well in a competition, however the portion size was far too small to satisfy all but a very small child at the end of a full day in Yorkshire. They are obviously aware of this as they give you a large amount of bread, and lots of time to eat it all, as service was so slow. Not what we expected for the price. Breakfast portions were better, also too heavy on the bread with the eggs florentine, and the yolks were solid, again disappointing. A fresh fruit salad and perhaps something a little more upmarket than small jars of jam etc would have been nice.

Outdoor pool and spa were nice and welcome at the end and beginning of the day. Fresh milk for the tea & coffee in the room on request was very nice and promptly brought.

• Luxury Spa Suite

Food was dreadful and resturant service poor. V small portions and limited choice. See the main course pic. Wine list very limited no quality champagne for sale

Room and facilities and the welcome

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Expensive fixed price menu at £50.00. Not given any choice of menus. Breakfast service rubbish. Had the same two years ago. Good the first morning and rubbish the next day. Staff disorganised. Bathroom not cleaned first day. Only new towels. No toiletries replenished. Bathroom very tight and dangerous to get out of could do with some grab handles. X

Comfy beds

• Small Double Room

No heating control in the room. Initially it was freezing, had to call service to repair the radiator. After repair it’s been on full power, boiling hot and dry all night. The bathroom is vintage without mixer tap! The food in the restaurant was ok, but the portion were very small (we did NOT have the tasting menu), the service was slow and a bit disorganised. Despite having to order beforehand in the bar, the wait afterwards was long and I got the wrong starter. The SPA is cosy, but being all in one room, it is very noisy: if the feet fountain is on you can hear it all around and it’s not very relaxing! I would say ok for an average price, but that’s not what you expected for £180/night (on sale!)

Cosy hotel, nice position right in the village. Outdoor pool would be lovely in summer. Staff was helpful.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The noise from adjacent rooms was excessive and night potter was not available to rectify complaints considering the cost we expected far better service and a good nights sleep

The location was great the spa beautiful breakfast lovely

• Small Double Room

Didn’t like the rattling windows and doors, kept us awake till 4 in morning. Service at breakfast was poor apart from one girl who was doing everything, she was on front desk as you went into breakfast. Jacuzzi wasn’t warm enough either, so didn’t feel like sitting in that for yo long.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfasts were a little small - the "buffet" was very limited and only comprised a fruit salad and cereal and a pot of yoghurt. For a hotel of this price level , I would have expected a proper buffet with a broad selection of items including cheeses and fresh fruit and hams and lots of different breads

The staff were fabulous and so helpful and charming. The rooms and communal rooms were fantastic - wonderful log fires and super sofas! The swimming pool was just gorgeous and warm and I enjoyed the spa area

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a little disappointing. Black pudding missing on day 1; quite slow service and toast missing from room service breakfast on day 3! Otherwise all good. The coffee was nice and strong :-)

Lovely turn down service and cleaning service each day/night. Complimentary paper provided each day. Good negroni cocktails in the bar by the homely roaring fire. Perfect location for a break between Christmas and New Year. Definitely recommended.

• Small Double Room

The staff did the minimum. No smiles. No warm welcome. Considering we arrived in the snow blizzard we weren't even asked if our journey was ok. The man who checked us in realed off the usual info at a million miles an hour and had his back turned to us the entire time. The exception was the young guy in the bar and the lady at breakfast who were both lovely.

The spa facilities were great and the massage was really good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Poor service and very expensive. Others guests food in our bill yet staff seemed upset when we pointed this out. As though it was our fault!

Comfy bed. Good location

• Deluxe Suite

Restaurant. Great staff but only taster menu on offer - sat for hours with no food - dreadful - staff embarrassed by kitchen service - wine flight removed from bill

Decor and the staff

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Birthday weekend totally ruined by poor service, and then the follow up of our complaint to hotel was handled very unprofessionally. Summary below: - Stayed Friday 13th - Sunday 15th October 2017 for birthday trip away. - After arriving in Executive Double room (7) - £210 per night - felt very shocked. Room looked nothing like on website - main issues were: - Decor very tired; old fashioned & grotty bathroom, ripped carpet, dingy furnishings etc. - Metal frame in front of window (supposed to hold pane of sound blocking glass for road noise) was empty; behind this was the window, which was not properly sealed (see attached photographs). As the wind blew, dirty net curtain was billowing - and the window was 'closed'! - We were fully aware that the Double Executive rooms were road-facing but, with the window in the state that it was, noise from traffic was unacceptable. - We were moved to Pool Side Suite (23) for small upgrade fee, but after moving all bags across and unpacking were then told there had been mistake, and we couldn't stay here for full weekend. - Had to move again after first night (finally to a refurbished Double Exec room), but cleaning service took hours - no urgency to get us into new room, we were sat waiting round hours for it with no room or apology. This was an issue due to privacy needed for medical issue. - First and second room move ruined relaxation and made us feel like a burden to staff. - Complained about service after we got home. Initially ignored for a long time, then complaint was finally responded to by Nik Haywood. - Assured us he would resolve matter and offer us a free stay. - But we didn’t hear from him for weeks despite constant calls/emails from us. It’s been a month tomorrow since our stay and we’ve still not received any concrete offer of compensation from Nik, as promised. - We would not go back due to poor service on all parts, and do not recommend hotel at all. Needs some MAJOR changes.

Refurbished room was nice - when we eventually got it.

• Luxury Poolside Suite

The price of the evening meal. Starters at £18 and mains at £40 is too much. The 3 course evening set menu meal at £40 lacked choice, with the same menu being offered each night of our stay. Can I suggest that the chef has three different menus and rotates them daily.

Room, position, facilities and food, including outdoor heated swimming pool.

• Small Double Room

The mains course at dinner was a little on the small size ( gnocchi) despite being delicious given the price.

From start to finish attention to guests was outstanding. The furniture and decor were really tasteful. The bed had feather pillows and duvets (heaven) and the atmosphere was relaxing.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

My daughter and myself had a fantastic time at the Feversham Arms Hotel. The pool and Jacuzzi were great, my daughter even said she felt like we were abroad. The Verbena Spa was wonderful, so relaxing! The majority of the staff were friendly, chatty & helpful. The food was very nice and of a high standard. We slept so well in the exrremely comfortable beds.I will definitely be returning for another break

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Given the cost of dinner it seemed over-priced and mean to add supplements for certain choices. Also the portion size for one of the choices (gnocchi) was very small.

Room, pool and spa facilities, location, staff, breakfasts

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

we were told upon our arrival that we had been upgraded and at first we thought the small suite was very good. unfortunately being an attic room it seemed to have missed out on sound proofing. The busy road outside kept us awake most of the night. the toilet cistern was faulty and took approx' 50 minutes to refill. Not a plus point at 3.00am Showering next morning I burnt myself on an approx' 18 inch long EXPOSED HOT WATER PIPE INSIDE THE SHOWER CUBICLE. As a result I fell and was lucky not to have injured myself other than bruises. In my 70th year I considered that things had been tarnished somewhat. I refused to fill in the Accident Book and assumed that the staff response would hopefully go further than the supposed upgrade later at check out. We were then given a nice room and helped to move but having described the pain and inconvenience in detail, no offer at check out and they took my money in full payment. We paid our bill and left. We still feel duped that our original offered upgrade was anything but that and the resultant pain and inconvenience and loss of a nights sleep etc are really still outstanding in many ways. After this, Would you go back?

Great position in the town some nice staff. Greatly appreciated some of the more junior staff efforts to smile through and serve our needs.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Small Double Room

carpets need replacing on staircase/corridors. Room/bathroom needs redecorating, updating. breakfast very slow

excellent staff, food and drink very good, facilities very good

• Small Double Room

The room was on the small side although clean & up to date. We stayed on B & B basis & were dissapointed with the breakfasts. The menu was OK full English if you wanted it but if you didn't want everything you were not compensated by having offered additional portion of bacon for example. On our last morning I requested a fried egg 2 rashers of bacon & mushrooms. I got 1 egg, 1 piece of bacon & 1 mushroom. The previous morning I was given half a mushroom. My wife ordered scrambled egg on the first morning but couldn't eat it as it felt tasteless. We didn't complain at the time as we are not the complaining type. I have stayed at many hotels for business & pleasure but this was the worst experience I have had at breakfast. We have Just spent 4 nights at a hotel in Keswick which we have visited before & will visit again but not the Feversham Arms.

All the staff were friendly, helpful & polite greeting you whenever they met you

• Small Double Room

The shower failed in our room when we were getting ready to go out for the evening. We had to move room which was an inconvenience after a really relaxing day. On the positive side the staff dealt with the situation well and the room upgrade was very good. In the evening my partner found a hair in her starter but again the staff dealt with the situation to our satisfaction. The food was of high quality. The pool could have done with some maintenance. Some of the tiling was a little tired in otherwise a very well appointed place.

Staff were excellent, facilities were very good and the food in the evening was of a good quality. Location is in a lovely village and is close to other tourist attractions in the area. The couple of issues we had were dealt with very well and to our satisfaction.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The bathrooms could benefit by a makeover to provide additional shelf space and an improved shower mixer valve.

The ever helpful staff. The excellent cuisine in the dining room. The heated external pool complete with comfortable surrounding seating.

Its pretty much perfect

This is an excellent hotel all round. The ambience is very relaxed. The place is stylish without being pompous. The rooms are super comfy and the service is excellent.

• Small Double Room

What's not to like! Perhaps the poolside drink was a bit pricey but we dont get the opportunity to do that very often. I didn't like cycling uphill onto the NY Moors for 5 miles after leaving - that wasnt the Feversham Arms fault!

Pool is a big draw, very relaxing, we enjoyed sunshine and a drink by the pool at 16:00 after a long cycle from York - perfect. The staff locked away our cycles securely (and got them out again the following day). That evening we ate at the (very good) Italian in Helmsley. Next time we'd try the Hotel, because the breakfast in the Feversham was delightful - if dinner is as good it would be worth it! All in all, a great place to stay!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Excellent location in the beautiful village of Helmsley. Excellent facilities at the hotel and the staff were very friendly and attentive. Beautiful spacious room with very comfortable beds. Loved the Temple Spa toiletries in the room. Breakfast was excellent and the breakfast service was outstanding. Especially enjoyed the outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi facilities.

• Small Double Room

Disappointed with our evening meal felt a little rushed and have eaten better food for the price we were charged.

Arrived on a sunny day so we're able to use the outside pool which was lovely

• Small Double Room

The staff did not listen to the breakfast order, no bacon was on my plate. Was not able to eat on the 2nd evening as I was told the restaurant was full, apparently they do room service, but we were not informed of this service. Had to eat in another hotel.

A really comfortable hotel, the bedroom and bathroom was good, the only let down in the room, no long mirror was available, also the lighting was poor to see make up and hair dressing.

• Small Double Room

Thought breakfast portion little stingy, one rasher of bacon, one sausage and half a round of black pudding I feel is little tight of company. I did not like how you where asked if you would like juice and sauces. I appreciate you could ask for more but don't see why I should have to. If I had paid £17.50 for breakfast I would be disappointed. Not sure if the staff serving you juice etc... Is their way of making more of posh experience? Think the heat experience needs updating too. The facilities I feel aren't as good as at my local gym. Pool area very nice.

Our room described as small double but very pleasantly surprised when we arrived.

• Small Double Room

Hot rather stuffy room although a fan was provided but air con would have been better. Dining room cost was way over the top on price (London prices?) So we had dinner at the Black Swan which I understand is a sister hotel where dinner was still pricy but a little cheaper.

Hotel was Ok

• Small Double Room

The food was not up to standard for a hotel of this staring and the rooms were far too small along with bathroom you couldn't turn round as for the shower which trickled far below average for a hotel of this star and price also the view was on a street over looking a church yard and was quite noisy once the traffic started to came through the village

The spa facility and location were excellent

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We asked for extra pillows and didn't get them; the cooked breakfast was very poor; the evening meals were enjoyable but not exceptional , considering the price we were paying.

Location was good and the staff were very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Room was tired, bath was tiny, heat was unbearable even with 3 windows open, meal was great but not at all value for money, breakfast was small. Wrote a letter of complaint to say that u expected a higher standard for the £300+ cost and haven't even had an acknowledgement.

Staff were exceptional and very friendly and helpful.

• Small Double Room

We've been maybe 6 times. It's looking tired. Wall lights hanging out in pool area, pool area shabby now (for expensive venue). The staff & mgt is definitely weaker than all other visits. We think we maybe won't go back!

Great location & the market town keeps getting better.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

staff attitude on our first evening in the restaurant followed us out thought we were planning to leave without paying this was extremely offensive to us

the room and fcilities

• Small Double Room

Restaurant not baby/toddler friendly. Whilst staff were pleasant they appeared unused to having young children in the restaurant. For dinner the children's starters were bought out first whilst ours arrived 30 minutes later (6 month and 23 month old). I appreciate they were trying to be helpful but it elongated the meal making it impossible for us to enjoy. we were only bought 1 high chair (baby had to sit on my lap) and I had to ask for our main courses 1 1/4 hours after we arrived. Our toddler was at meltdown point so we asked for the food to be delivered to our room. We regularly eat out and have never had a problem before

Lovely rooms, staff and facilities

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Very attentive staff but terrified Spoiled the atmospere not relaxing

Surrounding location breakfast very nice Safe car spot did i mention the breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Luxury Spa Suite

Beautiful hotel in a stunning location in the north yorks moors. Felt as though we were abroad when we were in the outside pool/hot tub/Mediterranean terrace. Will definitely be returning for the weekend. One night was not enough.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Poor management of the pool area, large number of drinking glasses left around the pool and despite there being "pool rules" on display there was no enforcement.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Noisy and very ordinary room and en-suite. Restaurant prices ridiculous. Plumbing and wifi do not cope well with high demand.

Breakfast excellent. Friendly and helpful staff.