View vacation packages to

6.2

6.1

5.5

6.2

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: June 24, 2019

Awful

This is an awful hotel and a disgrace to central Glasgow.The hotel ,reception ,rooms and service were appalling. No-one has made any effort to update this hotel. The beakfast was a joke with old stale cakes ,no plates, cups,spoons, knives or forks, and no-one around to complain to. Never again!

Very little

• Reviewed: June 20, 2019

The location was alright to find places to eat.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

1. It was not advertised to be a 2 story walk up and we had an elderly relative part of our party. 2. The bathroom floor was warped and water damaged. 3. The shower curtain did not cover the whole area. 4. The toilet did not flush properly. 5. The bedrooms did not have proper window coverings to block the light. 6. The mattresses were old and lumpy and we did not get a good night's rest. 7. We read the reviews about the breakfast offered and did not even bother to try it. 8. The living room furniture was 2 patio wicker chairs, a wooden kitchen chair, and a fouton with a dirty cover. 9. The entire home was under renovation.

The location was alright to find places to eat.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2019

Poor - much better in the area
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

Very poor condition- small dirty room, no sound proofing - could hear the person next door snoring! Shower room very poor - hot water tap broken sink falling off the wall and mould all over

Reasonable location for central Glasgow Continental Breakfast was passable

• Reviewed: June 18, 2019

Utterly disappointing.

Everything!

Enter at your peril. This hotel is thoroughly disappointing. The decor was appalling, there was no reception area just a man who popped in and out every now and then. There was a smell of cheap air freshener everywhere... never a good sign. The room was crammed with scruffy furniture, the curtains had holes and stains, and the carpet was worn and stained. There was peeling paint, the shower leaked and there was no provision of toiletries only cheap hand wash. Breakfast was packets of bread and cereal thrown on the side, two plastic bottles of milk one of with was 3 days out of date and an urn of hot water with a box of pg tips and a jar of coffee next to it. There was a plate of cheese slices which looked like they had been left out of the fridge for a week and some rolled up slices of ham under cling film. All in all it was horrible and we would have left straight away had the hotel owner taken our payment a week before we arrived despite booking.com saying they were taking my card details just for security. To top it all, the owner then tried to take payment again the day after we arrived. Appalling hotel, booking.com you really need to stop advertising it. I will never make the mistake of booking in a hurry, and not checking reviews again ! There are pages and pages of bad reviews for this awful hotel.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2019

Nothing improved here since Georgian times!

Very dilapidated. Holes in the walls, shower held up with red plastic tape, bedside light not working, none of facilities as described on website present in room ( iron, ironing board, hairdryer etc), no teabags. No curtains, only a thin blind which failed to stop any light coming in. The bedding was clean and the place was as clean as it was possible to make such a grubby old room. Sticky carpet! Pleasant, helpful man checked me in but he left my registration details lying out for all to see.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2019

Good uneventfull and as it should be

Would have preferred a ground floor room the basement was perhaps just a little depressing but was allright

Just very satisfactory as on previous occasions will use it again

• Reviewed: June 13, 2019

this property left a lot to be desired on checking in door...

this property left a lot to be desired on checking in door was locked and no one was around we waited 30 minutes until another guest opened door with combination they had from previous stay. on entering there was no one to welcome us check us in in the end I phoned the hotel mobile number and was given our room number key was in room room was unlocked. our room had no rubbish bin double bed mattress was completely shot needs replacing in the end we resorted in sleeping in single beds it was a joke. no toiletries in bathroom. place seemed fairly clean but no staff on duty until 4.30 pm til 7.00pm sign on door says 4 til 8 and our check in had been confirmed for 4 breakfast we requested for 7 was in formed we would be met no one turned up so along with another guest we helped ourselves very poor big thumbs down.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2019

Beautiful views and rooms but they need to pay more attention to basics being ready.

They were not ready for me as there was some kind of mix up with guests. They tried to amend the problem by putting me in a bigger room which was beautiful BUT there was absolutely no wifi in my room on the 2nd floor (I had to go downstairs to lobby to download a couple shows and then come back upstairs to my room), no hot water, and the side table lamps had no light bulbs at all. The last two were eventually fixed but it is a bit frustrating to have paid what I paid and not have that kind of stuff already available by the time I got there. By the time I realized there was not hot water I just had to heat up water in the kettle and do an old-school towel bath so I wouldn't be gross for my conference early the next day. For someone who was coming there for a busily scheduled conference trip, I really didn't have time to sort out hot water and wifi issues. There is no clear reception area to receive help so if I went downstairs to sort out the problem, I just had to hope that the staff was going to walk through the lobby. They were generally very nice and tried to fix them right away when made aware of the problems I was having and everything eventually got sorted, except for the wifi (I think they just need to have a second router in the house that reaches to the 2nd floor), but I wont lie, I was fairly frustrated when I needed to be out all day early in the morning and late at night for my conference and not have basic things working in my room.

The location is one of the best things about this place. I had a beautiful view of the botanical gardens with a room at the back of the house and the windows were gorgeous. Extras like a kettle with tea, coffee and milk were readily available and the beds were fairly comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2019

Worth the price, good bed but skip breakfast
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

There was a random guy who checked us in, he called someone and then let us into the room. We never saw any other staff during our stay. Breakfast wasn't great, the hot water for tea was finished and there was only instant coffee. The bananas were brown and all meat/cheese was left out uncovered and unchilled.

I enjoyed our stay. The bed was comfy and we had a ground floor room like requested. The room was a bit noisy due to a wedding across the street but nothing we did not expect with the location. The wifi worked well and the prices suited what we got

• Reviewed: June 4, 2019

The location is great for the University of Glasgow.

On the first day, the cheese offered looked like it had been displayed for several days already. New cheese was offered the second morning. The remaining breakfast items were fine. I was particularly unhappy with the difficulty I had in obtaining a receipt. It took a lot of time and two phone calls to the manager. The staff present on site did not treat me nicely, treating me as if I was stupid and was asking for something strange. Not worth the saving.

The location is great for the University of Glasgow. The price of course is good. I found the room basic, but looking to be clean enough, with towels provided and hot water available in the shower.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2019

Ok for a central hotel and overnight stop.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

The fact I had paid what was described as a best offer through booking.com only to find on arrival £30 cheaper booking direct. Breakfast slot very limited though the cheese and ham couldn’t have been any less appealing no matter how short the service.

Was a quiet hotel

• Reviewed: June 2, 2019

Good location, but felt more like an air B and B where staff welcomed you then were not available
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

No staff present at breakfast. Little choice at breakfast. Things expected in room did not happen / were not there e.g. No housekeeping done overnight so no coffee/ tea replenished. Furniture old and broken. Could not move blind up at window.

Staff welcoming when we arrived.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2019

The room was filthy and I did not stay for the second night...
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

The room was filthy and I did not stay for the second night although I had paid for it in advance. I have photos of how dirty the bedroom and bathroom were but feel it would be gratuitous to share them on here. Also, the window did not fit in its frame, which meant the room was drafty and noisy.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2019

Basic but good
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

Smell of smoking entering building even although it is non smoking hotel. Room was really clean a bit dated. Shower was really good but the shower unit was tapped at the top and loose. You can park at the back of the hotel. You can only park outside after 10pm till 8 am

Really good location for East end and park across the road.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2019

Its a good place to stay if it is fully functional.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The rooms are dusty and not clean. There was no Wifi initially, No Heating, No Parking, Some of the plugs were not functional, no curtain for the window, no toilet tissues, etc

The place is near to the attractions which we want to visit. The rooms are quite big and accommodating. the staff responded to our requests but could not do much.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2019

Overall it was exactly what we needed in the right place at the right time and as I said a bonus bei
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was poor because for us it wasn’t the kind of breakfast we would choose ourselves. However for the price it was fair. The room itself was lovely and airy albeit cold due to being unable to close the window.

The welcome and help was excellent. Bed was comfy. Being right next door to the Botanical Gardens was a fantastic bonus 😃

• Reviewed: May 23, 2019

Clean sheets and towels.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

The room could of been cleaner. The tv aerial didn't work, I had to rewire it. The car park at the rear was very tight.

Clean sheets and towels. Very close to the botanical gardens

• Reviewed: May 16, 2019

A bit tired but still functional

TBH for what they charge then you pretty much get what you pay for. Clearly needs the owner to spend a few quid but will then need to put up the prices to cover this. Most of the reviews here don’t seem to have appreciated this. In the meantime then good value for the location and - if you don’t need people fanning over you 25/7 - then then the staff are excellent at their jobs.

A bit tired but still functional

• Reviewed: May 9, 2019

The location was good.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

It was very dirty We thought they didn't hoover. There was no bed protection so it was painful by mattress spring button. The parking was horrible and he was not so kind to help me at all.

The location was good.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2019

Friendly staff

Located on the main road so very loud Didn’t have covers on beds Windows didn’t shut properly I didn’t even took my shoes off as wasn’t pleasant at all Breakfast selection poor I will never come back

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: April 23, 2019

The room was adequate, if a little dingy.

The rooms are not very well designed. They also could do with a bit of a clean - there is general dirt, marks on walls etc

The room was adequate, if a little dingy. The facilities in the room were good. The staff are very helpful and nice.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2019

Not value for money

The bed was really uncomfortable, I asked for a twin and was put in a double and then when we arrived there was a board outside saying the rooms where £25 each and we paid a considerable amount more than that ! Also the carpet in the room didn't fit at one side and was bunched up at the other.

The lady that was running the place was very helpful and the place is in an excellent location

• Reviewed: April 22, 2019

Ellen looked after us so well with a good personal service...

The property is grand and in need of renovation but you get what you pay for and I couldn’t fault it. Cheap and very cheerful.

Ellen looked after us so well with a good personal service and very hospitable!!! She was very helpful and full of information about the area!!!

• Reviewed: April 17, 2019

No one to let me in despite being during check in hours. No one answered doorbell. Stood on doorstep outside locked door for sometime till a guest let me in. Room not clean and run down

• Reviewed: April 14, 2019

Was a last minute booking , relatively cheap
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

Parking area very cramped and not well enough signposted. Had to phone someone on arrival as main entrance was locked. Took quite a while and a few phone calls before the lady on duty inside came to let us in. Got through to owner using number on email from booking.com, and he was apologetic and helpful in trying to get us in , even though he was abroad. Washing facilities in en-suite in need of repair/attention (eg no plug in wash hand basin)

Bed comfortable enough and clean. The lady on duty was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2019

Travellers beware

This venue was more hostel than hotel. The property is not looked after and was very shabby. This hotel should not be charging money until it is fit for habitation. I will be looking for compensation.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2019

Great location, spacious room, very nice girl in staff.

Breakfast but given the price we paid for room we could not expect more.

Good communication with contact, very spacious room in a great location. My personal favourite location in Glasgow. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2019

The properties location is great though noisy due to being...

The bed was so soft , no shampoo or soap provided, no large bath towels small towels only , Room very dated and the breakfast was poor

The properties location is great though noisy due to being close to night life . Lady who checked us in was very friendly.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2019

Good location, but boy do they need to up their game.

I waited outside for 20 minutes before I could get in, and on the third attempt I got through to someone on a mobile who gave me the entry code to let myself in. I was then was sent to the top floor, the first floor and finally the basement before I could find my room. The TV didn't work, the kettle didn't work, and the towel rail had fallen off the wall. No soap.

Price.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2019

disappointing

no entry till 4pm. manned till 9pm. mix up of rooms initially. windows dont seem to lock. 3 spaces at the rear car park. no obvious system in place to ensure cars are not boxed in. Parking charges apply to 10pm at the front. bedside lamp bulb blown. inadequate bathroom window screening. empty shower gell dispenser. hardly any toilet paper. asked twice before more arrived (1 roll provided for a family room). tv aerial needed re-connecting. tea of different varieties, but only 1 normal tea sachet. single bed had no pillows, but two were provided upon request. Sign outside advertised rates less than what I paid on booking.com. Gave breakfast a miss.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2019

Bed looked like it was about to fall apart at any minute.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

Bed looked like it was about to fall apart at any minute. ‘Continental’ breakfast was a joke - Rice Crispies and a banana do not a continental breakfast make. Room was considerably cheaper at hotel than price I paid on Booking.com and this was not rectified. Can’t recommend I’m afraid.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2019

Price reflected by poor standard of accommodation.

Guy on reception was very pleasant and accommodating but under some pressure. Key for room was not available as it had been lost by previous guest. I called the hotel to advise I would be late arriving but my call was diverted to the owner in Israel!!!! She was rather abrupt and clearly uninterested. This is a lovely Victorian building in a fabulous location in Glasgow West End but let down by very poor and tired decor. The owner needs to inject a bit of cash in to her business.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2019

not a happy man and would like some sort of compensation
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

cleanliness,reception,no electricity to start with,and it went off again later in the night,if we did not already have had a drink,we would have left there and then

I did not like anything,in fact I only stayed the 1 night instead of the two we had booked,it must be the dirtiest place I have ever stayed at,and would like to have a refund for the second night

• Reviewed: March 15, 2019

Adequate
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

Thin walls , basic breakfast ( no cooked ) , lack of housekeeping ( room floor hadn’t been vacuumed & cups not changed once during our stay. )

Location, helpful staff, parking area

• Reviewed: March 12, 2019

The staff were friendly.

The rooms condition and decoration was very "tired", with the carpet stained and dirty and the shower room floor covering needing some attention...

The staff were friendly..

• Reviewed: February 27, 2019

Cheap and basic facilities but full of charachter and good staff
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

The furniture badly needs updated - headboard not attached and duvet too small for a double bed. Walls in our room need painted

We arrived to fimd the door closed but, after a couple of minutes, Gustavo appeared to let us in, even though he was not working now. There did seem to be some confusion over the check in time (which i did specify) but, though he thought we were too late guys, he checked us in without any fuss. Top guy. Alan also very polite and helpful with the housekeeping requirements

• Reviewed: February 25, 2019

The price, great location, staff friendly, bed was...
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

Rough around the edges. Needs a little tidying up - properly fitting lino in bathroom, shower door didn't close, hoovering under fittings etc. All details but helps.

The price, great location, staff friendly, bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: February 23, 2019

Excellent value and very helpful staff
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

It's quite old fashioned. Would benefit from a bedside lamp for reading.

Location is perfect! Top of Byres Road and it was super cheap so not expecting much. Was pleasantly surprised. Rooms are basic and ensuite. Staff very helpful. Free parking round that back. Breakfast was fine (toast/cereal). Beds were very comfortable and not noisy.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

Mixed

The shower drain really really stunk, the wardrobe was about to collapse, the main light fitting on the ceiling was showing exposed wires, struggling for cutlery for breakfast, wasn’t clear from the booking it was continental breakfast, so many little things that could be sorted but haven’t, could make the difference between a pleasant stay and uncomfortable one.

Bed was comfy and was warm, good location.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2019

Cold

No heating or hot water, and no feedback or restitution from management when they had first knowledge of these issues.

Location, dog friendly, free parking

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

Really enjoyed this break

Nothing I didn’t like about this room x

I arrived and got to property it was a small room within 5 minutes of me being there staff realised I was a tall lad and moved me from small room to massive room with cooker microwave double bed kettle fridge the lot to make my 7 nights a lot better comfier staff were really good and pleasant sorted me out with everything to make my week better rooms were really clean and hotel was really quiet at night will be booking this again next time it ever needed and the other thing I liked was they upgraded my room without an ask and never charged anything extra xx

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

Clean, warm, dog friendly, convenient.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been better (no fresh coffee!), bed was solid and uncomfortable.

Great location in the West End - close to the Botanic Gardens for walking the dog. Clean and warm.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

One night

Had asked to check in earlier, that didn't work. Missed an eye for detail however I think it was all a bit much for one guy..

Staff was friendly and apologetic. It was quiet, slept well enough. Shower warm..I'm quite content as it was really close to uni and shops

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

small private car park at back of property - not easy access...

small private car park at back of property - not easy access but avoids pay and display on the street. Bed was very firm and comfy - good night's sleep! Had booked a single room but was given a double - great result!

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

Room was very small but biggest issue was no lights in shower. Two battery push on push off LED lights. Again, a little more attention to detail could make the room very much better.

Wonderful building full of architecture but needing a lot of TLC to make the most of the venue. Huge potential. No lift but space to install a small one. Breakfast included but not advertises as Continental only. Expected a cooked breakfast as one would expect in a Scottish B&B.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

The location is great.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

The central heating wasn’t on. The bed wasn’t very comfortable. However, for the price of the hotel I really can’t complain.

The location is great. Very near to sights, restaurants, bars. The staff was very helpful and friendly. One staff member even gave me a lift to the airport in his car. Thanks Allan

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

satisfactory

TV remote had no batteries, quite cold room, washbasin tap was not secure

helpful staff and willingness to be flexible around me need to leave very early in mroning

• Reviewed: December 19, 2018

Basic, just a bed to sleep in.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

The limited range of cereals. Having sachet coffee at breakfast. Same towels everyday and bed sheets not changes had to request room service.

They went to the effort to get us a double room. The room was warm.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2018

It was clean and very comfortable and it is in a fantastic...

The hotel was pretty basic and could do with some modernization

It was clean and very comfortable and it is in a fantastic location a few quid spent and it would be a goldmine

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Faultless customer service.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

Nothing to say at all. Not even wanting to find fault anywhere.

Amazing service. Really appreciated how much they were willing to help. As a young disabled man, it's often hard when some places judge you or don't help, but the staff here did so much more than I expected. Really can't say thanks enough.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Mediocre
    • Family Room

The WiFi did not work, the bathroom was broken, as was the car park, we had a kettle and sugar but no teabags, even after asking twice. Breakfast was fine if you like cornflakes

The location is great

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Served a purpose staff were all pleasant and helpful if you want luxury you will have to pay more.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

Furniture in bedroom very tired, bed interesting, two large single beds making a King size base with double mattress on top!! Headboards balancing precariously but clean sheets and we slept well, comfy mattress. Very warm room.

The position for our needs was perfect, easy access to a family residence. Biggest bonus was parking bit tricky to get in and out . Cheap for Glasgow, fair for what we paid, adequate. Staff were very pleasant and helpful , breakfast just OK met our needs for what we wanted.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Wish we'd booked elsewhere!

This is a mostly unmanned door code property. We spent 10 minutes trying to open the door & ringing the buzzer, but no-one came to let us in. When we finally got the door open, we had to look about to find a piece of paper with guest names & room numbers on it, then look for the room. Unfortunately ours was right there at the front door & we heard everyone come & go all night. Twice I had to go out & open the door for people through the night. We didn't wait for croissants in the morning. Strangely, there was a bed valance drying on the heater & a double fitted sheet draped over the chair! We used the valance to cover the 8" gap under the window shutter, above the bathroom sink, where there was no curtains! We hung a towel over the window beside the toilet!

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Perfect location but needs a scrub!

The room needed a really good clean. Thankfully the beds were clean and the bathroom suite but there is a film of dust everywhere and the carpets desperately need replaced. It is a stunning characterful building that with a good scrub and a bit of TLC could be wonderful.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was perfect, close to all the west end has to offer and excellent transport to city centre.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

My room was very comfortable and cosy with a Good view.

My room was very comfortable and cosy with a Good view. It was situated in a great area, close to the famous Oran Mor and with loads of shops near aswell as botanic gardens. Breakfast was good. I will be back soon.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Great location but a bit basic. Good value though
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

The bed didn’t have space at both sides. Could be fixed with a double base. The double mattress was in 2 single bases which took up a lot of room in a narrow space.

Location is superb. 2 minutes walk from Byres Road. All amenities in the property were adequate but could easily have been improved. In room 2 - headboards not attached, one bulb in bathroom not working, no bedside lights. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Poor service in a great area of Glasgow

Rooms are tiny, no space to move freely. I had to squeeze past everything. Expect the bin in the room and bed sheets to be changed once a week if you stay long enough.

It's in a great location in the West End

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

My stay was fine.

It was not clean in all areas of the room. The base of the bed was wider than the mattress and made it difficult for me to open/close the curtains. Then half of the headboard fell by itself, maybe because twin beds had been put together.

It was warm.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Fantastic location, charming old building with great views...

The mattresses on the bed were old and lumpy. You could feel the springs through the double bed mattress. We slept on the single beds in the room as those mattresses were a bit better. The continental breakfast was pretty basic.

Fantastic location, charming old building with great views over the botanic gardens. Large spacious rooms.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Okay to stay here when other hotels busy etc.

No double glazing to reduce traffic noise. No parking restrictions round front so harder to access guest house car park at back if neighbours haven’t parked well. Left behind items of clothing during stay but these were lost in post when posted back.

Near to purpose of visit

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Perfectly adequate for our needs on this particular stay.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

Decor was somewhat jaded. Furniture very basic .Bathroom needed a little attention with the usual deterioration - but still clean.

We needed a budget hotel (quick stop over to attend funeral). It did what it said on the tin. Rooms were warm and clean.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

It was located well in the city centre.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

they could have provided with basic amenities like a hair dryer. the staff was on site but dealt with check out on the phone. the breakfast should have been over at least 2 hours instead of one.

It was located well in the city centre.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

The room was dreadful, wouldn’t stay there again or recommend it to anyone.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

Although I had said on the booking form that we were gluten and lactose intolerant, the staff were not informed. They did go and get us some bread and milk, but on the second morning the other guests had eaten all the bread so we had none. Our basement room was tiny, and smelt damp, one of the mattresses was dreadful and there was a smashed window pane, the bedside table was broken it was £80 a night it really wasn’t worth it, I would never stay there again or recommend it to any one. That’s said the guy who worked there was nice.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

Would not stay here again, even if someone pays me for that.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

As mentioned above; among my 3 consecutive days' stay in Scotland (different places) it was the worst. An old property, a room in the cellar-very small sized, stairs to climb up and down, shabby bath/toilet, an un-attended breakfast- fairly uncouth throughout.

Mark, the young guy (apparently) managing the property, was a co-operative chap, within his own means. Otherwise, I (honestly) understand this property is no good to be kept on the list of booking.com. A dis-appointment to the customer is a badwill for the website either!

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Comfortable hotel in a great location
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

The location of The Georgian House is just perfect - right on the edge of the Botanics, just around the corner from Byers Road and close to anything to do with the university.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

We stayed there out of convenience but have decided that we will return and stay again

There was a ledge about two thirds of the way up the walls in the room which was covered in dust, it only takes a minute to run a feather duster over it.

We were staying there as my husband was attending the Beatson hospital. The hotel was lovely and the young man who greeted us was really great, he couldn't do enough for us. The dining room was set up for breakfast and it was plentiful.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Great base for visiting byres road for food and drink weekend
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

The lack of staffing in hotel and Nightclub sound across the road 🤔

Our welcome was wonderful and the lady extremely helpful , couldnt have done more

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Location excellent, we would not stay there again though. Owner needs to take responsibility!

Breakfast was just OK. Food left uncovered on the table. Girl who was managing the place had insufficient time to do the job properly. En-suite bathroom was a menace. Very strong spring which left my wife with a pulled muscle. (room 6) Fire door? would never meet regulations. Toilet seat was broken,

Room was large and parking available. Girl on duty all the time worked hard but had far too much to do to do it properly.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Tiny room in dire need of renovation and deep cleaning,...

Tiny room in dire need of renovation and deep cleaning, dirty shower, very loud traffic noise due to being basement level. No one at the property to check in/out, was told to just let myself in and find the key in the room. Very little choice for breakfast, few items and poor quality.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Book only if nothing else in the area

You could barely walk round the end of the bed. It was extremely noisy with a bar open until 4am opposite with shutters which didn’t close properly to block the noise. No toiletries left in the room at all and no staff to call on for soap as it is run more as an Airbnb than a hotel. Which is not ok at £119 a night. The staff member on duty who met us on Saturday then again on Sunday morning was lovely though. I have never posted a negative comment before on anything which shows how ripped off we felt.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

OK place to lay your head down for a night or two

We had to phone up while we were inside to get an iron even though an iron should be in every room! The continental breakfast could have been better.

We were attending a friend's wedding at Oran Mor, so the location of The Georgian House was spot on! The shower was nice yet the cabling in the room we stayed in needs to be sorted and tidied away as we were only able to get a handful of channels on the the telly.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

The one staff member we encountered was very pleasant.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room

The room was not made up during our stay, leaving us to use dirty coffee cups and unmade beds. Upon arrival, there was a used towel drying on the rack and a used cotton swab on the ledge in the bathroom from previous visitor. The bed mattresses were worn out and horribly uncomfortable.

The one staff member we encountered was very pleasant. The location was nice and close to quaint shopping street.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

Not recommended

Staff not available and when they were their attitude was poor and not interested in customers. Breakfast was very poor and very little food to eat. I will not stay at this hotel again.

The location for what we required was fine.I did not like anything else at this hotel.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

Disappointing and will not return.

Shower door didn't close, no shampoo in shower. Grubby, could be cleaner and needs a paint job. Breakfast lacks real variety and had cheap products.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Not good - we left early, awful experience

Very very smelly and dirty :(

The property was very dirty, smelly. Breakfast was awful and we didn't eat it - it looked like the ham had been there for several days :(

We Price Match