Reviews of The Green Man Inn

Fownhope, Fownhope, HR1 4PE, United Kingdom

#1 of 2 hotels in Fownhope

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Seems to have been a lot of staff changes lately so not as good as it wason that front. Some see customers as a problem others too much of the “guys” or “lovely people”

Lovely characterful Inn. Great food great beer. Comfortable rooms excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Everything in generalr
    • Small Double Room

We knew we'd booked a small double as that was the only one left but there was no where to store anything lije bags etc. The fittings in the bathroom were all loose.

Everything in generalr

Lovely hotel, staff were very friendly and so welcoming.
    • Double or Twin Room

Plug sockets aren’t in very convenient places within the room but it’s understandable with such an old building

Lovely hotel, staff were very friendly and so welcoming. Room was beautiful, clean and much bigger than expected. We ate in the restaurant on the first night, the service was brilliant and the place was so busy.

Most enjoyable and will stay again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I would describe the Green Man as being quirky I suspect that because of the age of the building that no two rooms are the same.....I think that the only thing which could be added in my room would be a chair

Staff first class and most helpful...even to the point that whilst having dinner I was telephoned and they brought a cordless phone to my table

We stayed here in 2015 and loved the place hence our return...
    • Double or Twin Room

We stayed here in 2015 and loved the place hence our return visit in 2018. The room was ok no shower. The staff were brilliant and the food OK. The menus had changed and we were a little disappointed. All in all I would recommend this place for a stop off.

Glad we diverted to stay, and pleasantly surprised.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Having previously stayed here in 2006/7/8/9, was pleasantly surprised by the refurbishment standard and the improved food quality. Good to see the character of the hotel had been sympathetically enhanced.

A perfect place to stay for a mini-moon!!!!!

Our stay was too short!

The food wax exceptional and the White Chocolate Fondant was just heavenly. Thoroughly enjoyed our full English Breakfast as well.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

the gardens and location were lovely, as were the staff but for the remander very disappointing.
    • Double or Twin Room

The amenities in the room, cleanliness, more vegetarian options, and HOT tea and coffee at breakfast

Cecilia Walker <walcecilia@gmail.com> 10:28 AM (13 hours ago) to The My friend and I stayed in a supposedly deluxe double/slash twin room for four nights. The room was very small and pokey. Only one chair and one bedside lamp were provided. It was very dark and the only usable mirror was located in the bathroom together with the hairdryer. This was inconvenient if one person was having a shower. The radiator in the bathroom was dusty when we arrived and remained so. A pair of the previous occupants boxer shorts were behind the bathroom door on our arrival. These were still there days later. The room was not automatically serviced daily. I had to ask. The breakfast was good although there was not a vegetarian option on the menu. The tea and coffee at breakfast were tepid every day - horrible, and one morning we ate our meal accompanied by the sound of a workman drilling. We ate in the restaurant on two evenings and the food was pleasant if a little bland. The menu remained the same and again few vegetarian options. I had previously notified the hotel that I was vegetarian.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Nice hotel for a weekend getaway - great food
    • Small Double Room

A little too fancy for a business stay, bathroom a little too small, had to step back into bedroom to get dried - and I'm not a large chap!

Food excellent, staff very helpful, decoration and feel of the place lovely for a romantic weekend but maybe not so practical for a business stay.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Perfect. Will definitely stay again when in the area.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Breakfast wasn’t brilliant, and finishes too early in my opinion. Breakfast finishing st 9:30am when you have been up partying until 5am is not ideal.

We stayed at this hotel who had booked their wedding reception at the hotel also. Everything was perfect. The staff were excellent throughout our stay, and the service was outstanding. An excellent wedding venue, and an excellent hotel.

Enjoyable stay in Fownhope.
    • Double or Twin Room

I felt that I was falling out of my bed at times because of the slope in our room; one staff member was not as helpful as might be expected over a credit card bar payment.

Comfortable, well-equipped room; good breakfast and evening meals; very satisfactory service from most staff.

A very comfortable nights sleep with great food.
    • Double or Twin Room

The lighting in the bedroom is very poor.

The beds are huge and very comfortable and the food in the restaurant was excellent. The monkfish was out of this world!

Noisy

The deco, location and breakfast

Once in the pub there wasn’t a clear reception area and it took a while for anyone to acknowledge my presence and the guy wasn’t the friendliest. The pub however and the room deco is stunning. I did ask for a quite room with a view potentially and this was a massive let down! You coul clearly hear people talking in the pub below till the early hours and we had people chatting directly under our window way pass midnight so sleeping was disturbed. Breakfast was lovely but on the checkout once the girl asked how was our stay she didn’t seam interested in the fact that the noise made our stay unpleasant.

Lovely stay and we would come again, especially in colder months.

No air conditioning in rooms and the TV was very small and on the other side of the room.

The bed was very comfy and very big! The bathroom was lovely and the shampoo and shower gel which were provided were lovely and not your cheap hotel rubbish.

Cost effective histical Gem in gorgeous surroundings
    • Small Double Room

Room was a bit mini but this is reflected in price. Restaurant food was a bit overly fussy. But still tasty 😋

For the price this punches well above it’s weight. It feels lux when it’s travel lodge prices v nice bar / excellent staff. Boutique (y) vibe. Gorgeous location with river walks.

Better deal than expected
    • Small Double Room

Relaxed friendly safe environment Plenty of areas to sit and relax both in hotel and grounds Will return for longer break next time as they also have pool and gardens plus loads of walk by river that I did not have time to use

Nice hotel but some shortcomings.
    • Double or Twin Room

The WiFi was dreadful as was the mobile phone coverage. It was impossible to make a FaceTime call. The food is patchy. The fish and chips were superb unlike the steak on the first night which was average.

Lovely bedroom with modern bathroom with great shower and shampoo and shower gel. Coffee/tea available in the bedroom.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great Comfy Stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower was a bit awkward, and the floor was wet before i even got in the shower. After arriving late, i was told that food had finished at 9pm, there was no suggestion from the member of staff, that i could go anywhere and get some food, it would have been good for them to maybe offer sandwiches and light snacks after 9pm.

Rooms very quirky, and loved them, slept really well, all quality linen.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Brilliant

Second stay here and as comfortable and friendly as last time. No hesitation in recommending The Green Man. I travel on business so am alone on my trips but this is somewhere I would book for myself and my partner for a weekend away.

Great place; a better air flow room would have made it perfect.
    • Small Double Room

Due the warm weather in our room (No4?) the window did not open much, therefore air flow was minimal. I am sure other rooms had better ventilation. We just lucked out especially as it was very warm weather.

Great to walk around the village and then along the river. The Green Man was exquisite with the decor and furnishing tasteful arranged and uncluttered. Staff friendly.

Location and setting
    • Double or Twin Room

Menu a bit to fancy for our liking and we were in room 11 and unfortunately the door to outside was below us and it was not nice listening to the door closing constantly NEEDS a soft closing hinge ASAP Also although breakfast and staff was nice the service let it down 😩

Location and setting

Friendly staff and lovely old historic building set in a picturesque location great for walks
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Sometimes cant get a mobile phone signal and wasn't over keen on the fried breakfast, the morning coffee wasn't very tasty but tea was ok.

Great walk in shower in room 17 and good internet speed

Delightful - super place, excellent staff
    • Small Double Room

The evening meal I ordered was a little below expectations.... but only because all other standards were well above par. No complaints.

Awarding 10/10 says it all. Top class all round. Thanks to the staff who make it so. Barrie Tracey

Lovely touches in the bedroom like towelling robes and good...
    • Small Double Room

The mattress felt like it needed replacing. No lighting near the mirror

Lovely touches in the bedroom like towelling robes and good quality toiletries. Dinner was very good.

Good but needs a dash of critical supervision.
    • Small Double Room

Breakfast on first morning (Friday) a bit of a shambles. Provisions at the buffet not replaced, huge omission in my partner's order. Unable to contact reception on the phone. Slight smell of drains in the room. With a little more attention to detail this could be an excellent hostelry.

Overall an enjoyable stay and would definitely recommend the restaurant for evening meals. Majority of the staff very friendly reflecting the delightful setting.

Nicely located, pleasantly presented overpriced pub with rooms

Small room with wall mounted smallish tv only watchable from bed. Restaurant disappointing- poor service and small portion size not good value for cost. Vegetarian menu very limited and poor flavours.

Shower and bathroom very good. Location in Fownhope good.

A very nice place to stay with excellent food.
    • Small Double Room

The bedroom was rather small for us. Not much room to move in the bathroom. However, we did book a small Double so could not expect more. Will book a bigger room next time.

Rooms very tastefully furnished. Close proximity to our friends.

Excellent! Can thoroughly recommend staying here.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Our 3rd stay at this lovely place. Room large and comfortable. Food is excellent. Staff welcoming and friendly. A great place to stay as a base for exploring Herefordshire and into South Wales.

A charming inn, with a great dining area, pretty gardens and very comfortable rooms.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Room was very very hot, tucked under the eves of the hotel. Staff provided electric fans. On a less hot day/night, I'm sure the room would have been perfect.

A great welcome, very comfortable room with king sized bed and an excellent light meal from the very good menu at Green Man. Would like to have stayed longer and enjoyed the hotel, its restaurant and surroundings.

Very relaxing experience in a lovely location with helpful staff.
    • Small Double Room

Wi-Fi seemed a bit hit and miss.

Beautiful peaceful location. Good food and comfortable bed. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Everything felt relaxing.

Exorbitant menu. Tastefull innovative food. Reasonable price.

There was nothing I did not like.

The food was exorbitant, really. Never experienced enything like it. Room and bathroom luxurious. Interesting menu. AND !! there was enough, big helpings. NO french crap, with two carrots in a cross. Really more than value for money. Many thanks to the CHEF.

A wonderful place for a short break.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not an issue for someone staying just the one night, but we were there for 3 nights, and my room (3)) had no chest of drawers or shelves. This meant that whilst I could hang things in the huge wardrobe, I had nowhere to put underwear, T shirts etc. Given the size of the wardrobe, some shelves would not have detracted from the hanging space. There was even room for a free standing chest of drawers outside the wardrobe! There was also considerable road noise, particularly as the weather was warm and we needed the windows open. I forgot to ask on booking for a quiet room, so cannot complain, but the building is on a busy road, with weekday traffic from 5.30am.

Lovely, comfortable room with super linen and furnishings. Toiletries were great. Plenty of space. Staff were friendly and courteous. Service was prompt. Food was excellent and the setting fantastic. Liked the fact that although it was a restaurant with rooms, because last food orders were 9.15pm, the noise from the restaurant was minimal at bedtime.

Rooms equipped to a really high standard, this pub is a...
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was a little on the warm side, but just opened a window.

Rooms equipped to a really high standard, this pub is a lovely place to stay! We will be back.

Lovely setting the tiny room and bathroom spoilt the stay

The room was too small, I booked 3 rooms, twin for my son and grandson, double for my other grandson and double for my husband and I. We were given the tiniest room and bathroom possible I have never seen such a tiny room and bathroom, yet my 17 Year old grandson was given a much larger room and bathroom. This was your fault you stated that the room my grandson stayed in was a single occupancy. I hated that room and bathroom it spoilt our stay I would not stay in a room like that again. In fact if I went there again I would deal with the hotel direct and make sure we had a large bedroom and bathroom, something we are used to every day.

The Location and setting of the hotel was lovely and all the staff were excellent

Smart foodie pub with first rate rooms
    • Double or Twin Room

Whilst the trend today is to save power the lighting in the room was too dim to read by. Bed side table on only one side of bed

Ancient coaching inn with modern touches. Excellent room with very large and comfortable bed. First rate shower. Very good food with a varied and unusual menu and a good range of drinks. Very hard to fault.

The property was clean and the staff friendly.

The property was clean and the staff friendly. The bed and pillows were amazing and room a good size. For me, as I travel a lot, this property is excellent value for money and 10/10. The breakfast was also excellent. I can't recommend this property enough.

Overall a good value for money hotel, but if I rebooked I would ask for a bigger room/
    • Small Double Room

both the Bedroom and bathroom were a bit small for two people and the door lock to the bedroom was difficult to operate

Food was very good, both Breakfast and Dinner,with plenty of choices.

We were thoroughly delighted with our choice to stay at The Greenman
    • Double or Twin Room

In the shower room the basin plug did not hold water unfortunately, and the push buttons on the toilet flush were difficult to press. In a newly refurbished shower room these small items should be better.

The dinner menu dishes were mostly unusual superbly cooked and very tasty. Breakfast is substantial and again well cooked. Bread cut thick ready for you to make toast to your taste. Great when you like it like I do crisp on the outside but still soft inside. The rooms - or ours anyway - looked as if recently refurbished, loved the unusual chest of draws with cloth and leather covering.

Very nice place to stay

In the room I was in there was a boxed in boiler - noisy ticking time clock and made the room very hot

Bed was very nice. Clean, well decorated and good breakfasts. Lovely village location

Overall good

I realise that you have to comply with safety regulations however when sleeping in a room to have a light on all night by the bed head is not ideal. Also when the floors are not as level as they are in modern hotels some people find it difficult to sleeping on an angle. I do not recall seeing anything about this to advise anyone looking that this may happen and understand that being an old building it is part of the charm.

Food was excellent as were staff.

BEAUTIFUL PLACE/ BEAUTIFUL LOCATION/ POOR PLANNING

Didn't have knowledge of my booking when I arrived. Dirty cotton wool & long black hairs in sink & shower tray. No power in room resulting in no lights working/ no tv/ could not charge phone. Had to go to breakfast with wet hair. (Rest of property unaffected just our room) Tried to discuss concerns before breakfast; but 1 member if staff left to manage around 40 guests as duty mgr had not shown up for shift. Girl was crying behind reception desk under the strain if checking guests in/out; taking breakfast orders, serving breakfast; and clearing down/ resetting tables.. Unacceptable she was left in this position.

Beautiful decor. Good food menu. Great presentation.

Great location and lovely old building.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was a little dark and no switch for bedside lights. They kindly brought a separate bedside lamp with a switch. Towel rail wasn’t working. Staff were great.

Great location and lovely old building.

Great Decor, Very Quiet, Amazing food (Dinner and Breakfast
    • Small Double Room

The staff are very unwelcoming. They were polite but not very friendly. Room was quite bright due to the unnecessary exit lights in a small room.

Great Decor, Very Quiet, Amazing food (Dinner and Breakfast

Beautiful county pub with amazing service and excellent food

Shower head in room 2 is broken - sprays at the ceiling and then drips cold water. Otherwise all excellent though!

Lovely old pub, welcoming staff, excellent food. Breakfast was excellent. Very comfortable beds. Exceptionally clean. Great location in close walking distance to the river.

Nice place
    • Small Double Room

I would say that the room we stayed in was small, especially the bathroom. Very difficult to dry yourself after a shower! Continental breakfast selection wasn't great, no fruit. Hot breakfast was fine.

The ambience of the bar and restaurant was nice. The decor was pleasing. Staff were friendly and helpful. The food was excellent, erring on the side of fine dining, the honeycomb parfait is devine. Would definitely recommend.

Been before and loved it, would go back at the drop of a hat but please fix these 'niggles' first.
    • Double or Twin Room

This place has bags of style but falls a little short on substance. There is no where to put your stuff in the bathroom (a small table or shelving unit would do it), there is no towel hook near the shower. It lacks 'dresser' top space in the bedroom. We were convinced it had been designed by a man but apparently not. The Wi-Fi signal is sporadic and can be weak. All easily fixable and then it would be 'superb'.

The location, the staff, the food, the sunshine (especially ordered), the parking.

Quality accommodation

Could be a little brighter in places, a lot of bulbs were not working. No full length mirror in the rooms or makeup mirror with good light. These are minor niggles however as this is a great place to stay.

Spacious and comfortable rooms with quality bed linen. Fine food on the evening menu and lovely breakfast.

Hugely Disappointing

This hotel had very good reviews but it didn't meet my expectations! There needs to be some attention to detail. If everything worked this would offer fairly good value for money. Moved room as Room 5 very near extremely busy road and had humming fans below the window. Room 5 has no wardrobe just very small hanging rail. Lighting poor in room lighting round bathroom mirror not working properly. So to Room 11 – no lighting round mirror. Very noisy fan in bathroom; sink didn’t drain properly. Nowhere to put anything in bathrooms. Exit door below room seemed to constantly bang – needs slow close mechanism put on it. Very poor provision for continental breakfast laid out in the smallest space possible! Two people would crowd this space which limits what can be provided; no fresh fruit, no croissants or other pastries. Disappointing stay.

large, fluffy white towels, hot breakfast good, enough car parking.

With a few small changes, room could have been excellent.

The bedroom only had 1 bedside table (later rectified), the room was badly lit with 1 light not working (light later fixed), there were no shelves in the bathroom for own toiletries and no hooks near the shower for towels. An occasional table would have made a big difference. Some of the restaurant staff needed training!

The room (9) was very spacious and the restaurant food was good.

Good food, comfy sleep.
    • Double or Twin Room

Beds in room 3 a bit soft on the mattress edges but still comfy if a little unnerving when turning in 5he night

Friendly efficient staff, beds a bit soft but still comfy, dinner was tasty, fresh and hot but didn’t take long to arrive from ordering. Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs breakfast was a decadent treat and there was loads of both.

Great place to celebrate a special occasion.

Lovely mix of old world charm in a historic building with luxury modern facilities and comfort. Staff very attentive and helpful. Excellent breakfast included. Good location close to interesting places to visit.

Excellent, enjoyed our stay very much. Would recommend to all - fabulous food 5*
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lighting in room, few bulbs had gone and not replaced but didn’t stop an overall 10/10 Easily missed by housekeeping and no big hardship

Excellent evening meal and breakfast. Great atmosphere,very relaxing and enjoyable

Overall we had a lovely stay and would definately stay there again.

We chose to stay here as we liked the rooms on the website but when we got there we were put in a room, which was quite small, in a different building which was disappointing as we wanted to stay in the main inn.

Lovely old inn in a quiet pretty village. Great dining area with good food. Comfortable lounge area and outside seating area. Staff were extremely polite and helpful.

Good stay in a nice pub
    • Small Double Room

The mattress was rather soft my my taste (but some people may like it that way)

There is a lovely ambience in the hotel with lots of quirky features which make it an interesting place to stay

Beautiful room - but I expected friendlier service
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I felt the staff could have been much friendlier - even on arrival, no one told us the times of breakfast or where we would be able to maybe have had a drink before dinner - at breakfast we constantly had to ask for more toast / sauce / for items to be filled up - even to order our breakfast we had to call someone over to take our order. At £110 for the night plus an expensive dinner, we’ve enjoyed far better stays in places for much less money - where the service has surpassed expectations - we wouldn’t rush back, as we didn’t feel our custom was particularly appreciated.

The bedroom and bathroom were beautiful

Overall, very pleased with our stay. Would be happy to have a third visit. Staff are excellent.

Didn't appreciate we had to share the lounge and kitchen area with another room: room 16. Could have done with a chair in the bedroom and also maybe a nespresso machine (or similar) to avoid awkwardness in the kitchen/lounge area, if not travelling with somebody you know. The floor in the bathroom was cold to walk on

We stayed in room 15 and we liked the fact we had a lounge and kitchen area which was supplied with tea and coffee sachets. The food in the restaurant is of a good standard, so no need to go further afield.

Lovely old property, very tastefully modernised.

The weather!

Lovely old property, very tastefully modernised. Our room was very comfortable and spacious, with a very comfortable bed and great bathroom.

Excellent service, and value.
    • Small Double Room

Small thing but the lighting was a bit strange. There was a fire exit light inside the room which illuminated it bright green during the night.

Excellent service, and value. Great for a weekend break or meal and room.

Lovely location, fab room and excellent food!

The wi fi connection was very slow!

The rooms were lovely, very tastefully decorated and a good sized power shower. The food was excellent and the service quick despite being busy.

Great staff, excellent food, great location with walks to...
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was generally of a high standard, but I’ve slept in more comfortable beds.

Great staff, excellent food, great location with walks to the river etc.

Been before and hope to come again
    • Small Double Room

Our room this time a bit small and traffic noise intrusive if not used to sleeping near road. Will ask for room away from road next time.

food and drinks excellent

Extremely average
    • Small Double Room

Breakfast was poor, very basic Paid extra to move from double to a twin but ended up with a double room anyway and wasn’t given any refund Room key was there size of a laptop

Love to come again !!
    • Small Double Room

The only thing we would recommend is to have something to cover the 2 lights in the room during night - green from over the door and red from the tv on the wall - they light up the whole room , very enjoying. We tried and cover with pillows and blankets. Also wish as new dog owners they would allow dogs in the Inn since it is so nice!

A dream ! We loved every minute staying there , unfortunately it was just for a night. The inn is so stylish, the staff is fantastic, the food so good! Small but very nice room - perfect for one night! The bar area is great - feels just like to be part of an episode of midsomer murders :)

Beautiful room but lacking basic finishing touches
    • Deluxe Double Room

Maybe because looked like it had just been renovated it was lacking finishing touches. There was no telephone to contact reception or other rooms, Room was overlooking main road (not a problem as quiet) but anyone walking by could look straight in to the room so maybe a light modern blind to keep ones modesty rather than having to close the curtains which blocked light. Same problem with bathroom as it was overlooked by one of the cottages. Light switches by the bed not connected. No toiletries in bathroom and no glasses to put toothbrush in.

This was our second stay and all in all as fabulous as the first time. This time we were in room 17 in an annexe and which looked like it had just been renovated. It was absolutely gorgeous with beams and an amazing bathroom but see my negative comments. The food was excellent as it was on our previous stay and the staff are always very friendly.

We loved the room, the food and the atmosphere of the inn. Would highly recommend.
    • Double or Twin Room

Stronger coffee with breakfast.

Our bedroom was well equipped and beautifully furnished. Breakfast was good and, for a stay in a charming old inn with so much character, we thought it was very reasonably priced.

A lovely inn with friendly staff and excellent food.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Just a few finishing touches needed in the rooms - for example, longer lead for the kettle so you don’t have to put it on the floor, an extra table by the settee to put a drink on, a table or shelf in the bathroom for toiletries, a hook near the shower for a towel.

Staff were delightful - friendly and helpful.

Good apart from wait time for breakfast

Female staff who was there on arrival and at breakfast was not overly helpful. Too busy on her phone at breakfast. Arrived for breakfast at 7.30 as had to leave by 8. Breakfast wasn't delivered until 7.55 after enquiring if going to be much longer.

A lovely building, well kept.Food was good and male manager was extremely helpful and pleasant

Definitely recommend
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything good for me so nothing negative.

A very enjoyable stay. The room was beautifully furnished, clean and quiet. Bathroom modern. View from room over courtyard hence only smiley face but if I had views over the fields it would definitely have been big smiley face. Food was beyond expectation - really good. Overall I would definitely recommend it as a place to stay.

Wonderful stay, makes us want to explore the area more
    • Small Double Room

Room could have been bigger

we had a lovely meal with a nice bottle of wine on the Friday evening. Breakfast was tasty and lots of it. Decor and atmosphere were also good.

The food was fantastic.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There needed to be a table for the kettle as the only place to put it was on a poof and it wasn't safe. Also there wasn't anywhere suitable in the room to get ready if you wanted to straighten your hair. The mirror was either in the bathroom or on the back of the door and there were no plugs near this made getting ready very difficult. The other issue we had was when we checked in we were told that our booking was only for 1. However when I phoned to as about the difference between the £90 and £110 room I was told that the one room was larger. So we opted for the £90 but were charged £110. So it's not the room size it's how many people staying.

The food was fantastic. A bit pricey but well worth it. Highly recommend the steaks.

We have stayed at the Green Man Inn many times over the years and it always over delivers!

Room was too cold at times with no obvious way of overcoming it. Any taxis required have to come from Hereford which is approx 20mins away the that cost is added onto your journey so it's NEVER cheap no matter how small a distance you're travelling.

Room 10. Well appointed. Spacious, comfy bed, pillows and duvet. Real log fire in bar added to authentic "country inn" appeal. Wide selections of drinks available as well as high quality food menu. All the staff are extremely well trained, friendly and accommodating.

Great.
    • Small Double Room

WiFi patchy could be improved. Information regarding this below. Unable to connect the the SSID THE GREEN MAN as not visible most of the time Although the THE GREEN MAN _EXT And THE GREEN MAN _EXT_EXT NOMAD_EXT NOMAD_EXT_EXT Were all visible constantly (switch it off and on again!)

Almost everything

Going back.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Menu choices a little limited but food excellent.

Extremely good choice for breakfast which was delivered to us at no extra cost. Beautifully comfy beds. Staff all very helpful.

short and sweet.
    • Double or Twin Room

Evening meal was lovely however we were given the wrong wine, we asked for a new Zealand and got a French wine. The manager didn't offer to change it, slightly annoying when you're paying over £30 a bottle.

Steaks were very good. Atmosphere pleasant.

Very enjoyable. Would recommend it to others.
    • Small Double Room

Room a bit small. Lead to the electric kettle not long enough to reach the table top or top of chest of drawers but we managed.

Food was excellent. Extremely comfortable bed. Decor brilliant for an old building. Location was great as well as we found it a more scenic and less congested route into and out of Hereford.