Reviews of The Greyhound Inn 3 stars

High Street, Chalfont Saint Peter, SL9 9RA, United Kingdom

#1 of 1 hotels in Chalfont Saint Peter

Foul-mouthed local yobs and poor standards ruin this place.

Our welcome was 'HE'S A F*****G C**T HE IS, A TOTAL F*****G C**T" the yob shouting this was one of a few locals at the bar all swearing loudly, with absolutely no consideration for others. This didn't bother the staff one bit, as they completely ignored the language and the fact that people walked in, heard this and went straight back out again. Behave like this in any other pub or restaurant I've been in and you'd be outside in seconds. In some cases flat on your face waiting for an ambulance. The room had numerous maintenance issues - window doesn't close, a 1" gap under the bedroom door and a floor so thin (directly above the yobs at the bar) that allowed us to hear every foul-mouthed tirade the local yobs directed at footballers, friends, people on TV etc, etc. Badly stained carpets, a light above the mirror with no means of turning it on as the cord had broken and not been replaced. Breakfast was revolting - how do you spoil a bacon & sausage sandwich? By cooking it on some sort of grill or pan that hadn't been cleaned in a million years. They have a quiz night on Thursdays which even comes with a written warning that the quiz host Andrew "Swears - A LOT" Stunning. Never seen such low standards. Needless to say - we'll not be staying here again. Be warned.

Close to where we were working

Convenient location on route to LHR nice period property.
    • Master Suite

Although the room was clean the carpets in the corridor were not and that’s a first impression tinted in our book. The bar and restaurant for breakfast seemed to be run by young staff members which lead to some minor issues. With this being an old property noise travels easily and the club like music carried on until at least half an hour after closing.

Convenient location on route to LHR nice period property.

Won’t be staying again

Shower was very poor, lukewarm with very low pressure. Room was next to a busy road and only single glazed windows, very noisy. The worlds smallest TV in the room.

Staff were friendly

Nice friendly helpful people at the reception and restaurant.

Door a bit low for tall people and a bit cramped. Room cleaner didn't clean the skid marks off the toilet bowl and there was no soap.

Nice friendly helpful people at the reception and restaurant.Good location for us.Good beer.

Absolute rubbish!

Absolutely appalled at their service. We were an hour late checking out at 12pm as we overslept and have been charged £20 extra. No reminder call at 11am just a straight charge on my credit card - manager says that the room was not cleaned that day due to us being late to checkout and that she was going to charge me a full room rate of £104. She also did not return my calls last week when I first saw the charge. I had to keep chasing and have definitely not received the email that she says she sent me last week. I will not be staying again and will advise my friends who usually stay there every bank holiday that we will be staying elsewhere! Room was dirty, light did not work and bathroom needed a good clean!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Staff Friendly

Sink in room not bathroom. Small room. Noisy room from pub below and traffic outside. No plug in sink. Not enough basics like toilet rolls or milk or teabags.

Staff Friendly

The bedroom was lovely, comfortable beds, had everything we...

Breakfast, the eggs benedict Hollandaise sauce was vinegary, and the eggs a bit too undercooked so I couldn't enjoy. I chose a different dish the following day and was excellent. Bedroom was very noisy as it was situated over the pub bar and we could hear the very loud conversations going on below. (Room 7).

The bedroom was lovely, comfortable beds, had everything we needed, shower room was good. Pub is lovely, comfortable seating, really enjoyed our stay overall, and we would stay again.

Comfortable great location and food

Rooms need updating re-decorating. Very limited staff around. Receptionist not very helpful at booking. Bar very dirty glasses left out all night outside

Comfortable great location and food

Very good base to travel to Denham which we needed to travel into London Marylebone. Nice stay!

No base to the kettle but once we told reception the helpful young man there asked us what hot drinks we would like as they didn’t have a spare cable but would replace it as soon as possible. Minutes later he brought us a tray to our room with a much needed pot of tea and biscuits.

The tasty, hot, plentiful plated choice for a hot choice of breakfast you helped yourself to the items on the table. Nice quality food and hot beverages!

Nice friendly staff

It’s very dated, crack in window, bath had a mark on it plus took a hour to run, wardrobe may of well fallen over if door was pushed lightly,the local youth made it bit different shall we say,on leaving and getting to the car was greeted by the bottles of half empty Stella bottles. On plus side the girls behind reception were very friendly.

Nice friendly staff

The staff are really welcoming and try to make your stay...

The rooms are getting tired and now most of the pubs have closed in the local area, you get a younger crowd. But you can not hear the noise from your room.

The staff are really welcoming and try to make your stay comfortable.

Room was OK, but I wouldn't choose to stay again because of the rest.

The pub downstairs used to be beautiful; it has now really declined a lot, with huge TV screens and no longer a warm cosy place. Shame. The carpet on the stairs and general decoration needs to be changed quickly - it's very poor. The breakfast room is OK.

Room was fine

Unless you want to feel like you're sleeping in a nightclub don't stay here

A party was taking place the evening we stayed (which we had not been warned about) but thinking as it was a pub the noise would stop by about 11pm/12pm. It did not. We had a very early wake-up for a sports event the following day hence paying good money to stay close to the event start, but it was absolutely impossible to get any sleep. The party music might well have been playing in the bedroom such was the lack of soundproofing. In addition the pub's outdoor seating area was below our bedroom window where you could hear every word spoken. The music finally turned off at 1:30am and the last person cleared out at 2am. An awful night's (lack of) sleep, would not recommend staying here.

The room was clean and the bathroom modern

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great hotel with history

The only thing would be more pastry at breakfast. They ran out before we got there.

It was a lovely hotel really liked the fact that the bar stated open till 1 at the weekend which was really great.

Staff very helpful, brought a fan to my room straightaway...

The clientele in the pub, foul-mouthed oiks

Staff very helpful, brought a fan to my room straightaway when asked. Breakfast fab, great choice and good coffee.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The meal at night was good

Bad atmosphere in the bar which spilled out into the courtyard resulting in a fight and the police being called The room was situated next to a busy main road meaning it was very noisy from about 6am The breakfast was supposed to be available from 7am but when we came downstairs there were no staff available apparently due to waitress/receptionist oversleeping so we ended up not having breakfast as we needed to be out of the property by 7:30 which is when the staff turned up

The meal at night was good

The highlight of the stay funny enough was the weekly pub quiz .

The first room we were put in was awful , and had a problem because the Loo would not flush . We were attending a funeral so probably not in the best of moods . I do remember the staff being nice and helpful .

Breakfast was quite nice I seem to remember .

Good location and staff were very friendly.

Tired and not particularly clean which put us off eating here. Also only 1 plug in the room which the TV was plugged into.

Good location and staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

What a shame. Needs a lot more care taken.

My friend and I had a twin room and the bed I should have been sleeping in had a large wet patch, there were clean sheets over it but this should have been spotted by cleaning staff. I would recommend the hotel invests in mattress protectors. I had other friends in the hotel and had to go and share with one of them as the staff, polite and helpful as they were, were unable to find us an alternative room. Unfortunately this was not the only issue, the overall cleanliness and care taken in our room was poor - it was dusty, even on the mugs for tea/coffee, the shower door was very rickety. Much improvement is needed in presenting the rooms.

I had a serious issue with my room and the staff both at the time and in the morning were very polite and helped as much as they could. There were no rooms free in either their hotel or others in the surrounding area however to move us to so my friends and I ended up solving the issue ourselves.

Dissapointing -will stay elsewhere next time

Carpets in hall dirty room very hot -window not opened before our arrival steak not cooked to our specification on cold plate

friendliness of staff (although very young )

Decidedly average

Rooms were very hot so we had to have the window open. Under the window was a table where a group of guys were talking loudly and drinking till after midnight. Also the room faced busy road so woke to loud traffic just after 5. So 5 hours sleep wasn't great - rooms could probably do with air con and then we could have closed the window and eliminated a lot of the noise pollution, both from the late night drinkers and the early morning traffic. Also tiny bathroom with no ventilation or extractor fan.

Bed was comfy

Not a happy one

see above

Not a lot..... the room was an old room that was very quaint with the beams. But.... the room was really tatty, especially around the sink that was in the Bedroom, not conveinant when youre travelling with you Mum. there was only 1 large towel and i small towel... in a twin room .... the carpet was filthy, buy the bathroom door..... the stair carpet was filthy too, so were the drinking glasses on the scruffy dining room tables. There was no working socket for us to charge out phones, i had to pull out the desk to use the one behind it, there was a fan available but no socket to plug it in to....breakfast was Ok. but they provided Mum with Brown Sugar to put in her tea. sorry about the length, but i need to right all this

Could be better.

I think there was a lot of bad timing on my stay. Firstly, it was on the same day as an England game. There were people outside my room window into the early hours. I was warned that the pub was going to be open until 1am, but this went on much longer. The noise meant I had to keep the window closed, and this was on a very hot evening. Secondly there was an issue in the morning with a leaking ceiling in reception, this impacted the breakfast service, and I had to wait around 20mins to get it and for the tables to be cleaned.

The staff were friendly and helpful. I called the hotel to check what time check in was, I was informed it was 11am. When I arrived I was told it was 2pm, but the staff managed to get a room ready in 10minutes.

Relaxed uncomplicated

No WiFi for our room. TV very poor reception. Everything else was ok.

The style and atmosphere were laid back and the clientele were of a good standard 😊

Pleasant stay

It was one of those hot nights where air conditioning would have been good. However it's rare to need it and they provided fans

Good place to stay close to Heathrow. Good range of beer.

NICE STAFF AND ON THE WHOLE A NICE PLACE TO STAY.

A hair dryer would be nice. Really nice evening meal but pricey. We had breast of lamb and mash. Lamb was sparse on a large round of mash and All vegetables are charged at £2.50 Per small dish, so all in all, quite expensive but nicely presented.

GOOD BREAKFAST. Comfy beds, lovely Olde Worlde room real oak beams, shame it was on the front, noisy traffic but of course there would have been no traffic at the time of build. Lovely restaurant, nicely served. Lovely shower.plenty of hot water. Courtesy tray.

Excellent atmosphere with a great vibe.

Excellent atmosphere with a great vibe. A good base for my visit to relatives. The prices in the bar shocked me but I guess its the norm for the area.

Quite improvable. We will not go back.

The wifi didn't work. The room was too small and different from the pictures. The room was not very clean. The room (number 2) was very noisy. The notel facilities are in dire need of refurbishment.

The breakfast was ok.

convenient location

apart from a tv and kettle power point there were no other power points available in the room, which in this dy and age is unforgiving

convenient location

5.5
    .to be avoided!

Shabby and unattractive bedroom. Poor breakfast and unattractive generally.Not the class of accommodation I normally expect.

Location and helpful staff.

Was a lovely pub hotel.

Very noisy ...if yr staying to relax you have no chance.... stayed on a Saturday didnt get to sleep till 3am sunday morning very loud music and people shouting ..no hot water in a shower that hardly any water came out of..

Was a lovely pub hotel.. food wasnt the best bit boring.. the staff especially the morning ones we're very friendly and helpful.

Good place for quick overnight stop

Kettle had to be put on the floor to plug in. Carpets not very clean. Only one bath towel for two o f us. We did get another after asking.

Excellent breakfast. Deco and style seems a bit dated, bathroom a bit warn. Staff very friendly.

Sadly would not stay again given the issues although location and old pub style lovely

Very noisy room 1, windows poor. Tiny television, not suitable Although breakfast included, no-one bothered to take my order for hot breakfast, so just had to grab a croissant! Iron provided filthy and marked my shirt!

Location and staff excellent

Adequate for short stays
    • Master Suite

I have stayed in the largest room within the Inn many times, and each time I have advised reception that the hot water within the bathroom leaves much to be desired. It is luke warm at best which means a shower is not too welcoming first thing in the morning. Nothing has been done on each of my stays to rectify this fault. The stair carpet needs a good vacuum clean - again as noticed on each previous stay.

Ambiance of a 600 year old building. A good bar. A very good breakfast.

The bed was a Hypnos so really very comfortable and the...

Remember this is a pub, so people are entitled to be noisy and have fun throughout the building and pub gardens until at least closing time! You may hear quite fruity drunken language outside your window! Even midweek. If you want a tranquil break I’d advise you to consider your location. It’s a 14th century coaching house and a listed building - so rightfully, the soundproofing is not going to be 21st century! It’s a great travellers rest location which was just perfect for me for a stopover and quite entertaining really, but I could hear my neighbouring guests through the walls of my room banging on the floors at 11:30pm to signal people still in the pub to be quiet!!! Know your location. For £75 it was good value, it was fun and the staff will take care of you well. Not the fault of the venue people - it’s is a functioning public house after all so I do have sympathy with the management in this case.

The bed was a Hypnos so really very comfortable and the bedding was crisp and clean. Full of character and charm for a pub location and a generous breakfast with a huge choice. I paid £75 for my room, midweek in May, including breakfast which I though was very reasonable value. It’s lively and bustling so if you’re a solo traveller you’re more likely to meet cheerful locals over a few drinks. Free pub car park, right outside the building.

Not worth even half what we paid

Very very hot room, no fans on site, plug sockets in the room didn’t work so was unable to charge phones etc without unplugging the tv which was hidden behind a heavy desk. I was told that I could only have bacon and eggs for breakfast as baked beans are not gluten free ( news to a life long coeliac!!) the manager was meant to call me never did I had to ring. Then she was meant to call me back again but when I rang again she had gone home!! Extremely rude. Eventually got half my money back but the stay was not even worth 40 pound I eventually paid. Corridors dirty, no lifts I saw an elderly couple struggling to get to breakfast with the stairs. Staff not helpful. Would never stay again

The bed was comfy

Good value and comfortable.

Bedroom furniture a bit dowdy and the carpets need a clean. Water pressure in the shower a bit low

Good value and comfortable. Nice breakfast, superbly presented.

Lovely country hotel

Unfortunately the night we stayed there was a major football match being televised and it dominated the ground floor of the hotel. There were two televisions, one in the bar and one in the lounge adjoining the restaurant. We ended up having dinner in our room as the noise downstairs was too obtrusive. We appreciate that it is a small village and the hotel does advertise that the bar is open until 1am Friday and Saturday which indicates some sort of event but it would have be good if the door to the restaurant could be shut to minimise noise for diners not interested in the ‘event’. I hasten to add that the food was very good.

The hotel was easily accessible from the M25. The staff were very welcoming and efficient. Superb room and bathroom, extremely clean and tastefully decorated.

staff pleasant, Pub large and fairly busy. Accommodation very disappointing.

The bedrooms were very scruffy and dated, head board had grease marks from peoples heads. carpets filthy did not want to put feet on floor. needs a good clean. Room was above bar, so noisy and smoke from smoking area came through windows into room.

The pub was busy and nicely done out.

Disappointed with our stay, especially breakfast. Won’t be returning!!

Very noisy, didn’t quiten down til 1.30am and walls very thin. Definitely not ideal for children. No duvet on my bed, more of a bedspread, you could see through it it was that thin! Very weak shower and not particularly warm. Plug in sink got stuck so sink filled up every time it was used. Rubbish experience at breakfast. Only 1 waiter who was very polite but too much for him on his own and he was checking people out! Had notified when booking that 2 of us were gluten and dairy free however at breakfast there was hardly anything available for us to eat, the waiter came out 4 times to tell us we couldn’t have what we had ordered!! No dairy free milk, not even gluten free toast. Took 40mins for us to get our food. We were starving!

The pub looked a nice country pub with garden area and a good selection of gin! Rooms were of a decent size. Waiter during breakfast was very pleasant and apologetic when things went wrong.

Not enjoyable

Nothing really, room is dated, dirty, carpets stained, had to duck all the time in the bathroom due to low ceiling, shower had no pressure, terrible value for money.

Comfortable pub stopover.

We got given a twin room so had to be moved to the double we had ordered. The shower was very hot (nice) but squirted a superfine jet that hardly got you wet (maybe change the head).

friendly young waiter chap at breakfast

Convenient for where we needed to be the next day, excellent value for money.

Relieved that when we were told the evening meal was only available until 6.00pm that we were also advised that the bar closed at 10.30 - not because we wanted to be in the bar until 10.30 but it meant we had some reassurance that the noise (loud conversation etc) would not go on too late.

Good value. Beautiful building. Comfortable bed. Good menu for evening meal, and good breakfast. Staff pleasant.

Room very small. Quaint but needs to be cleaner.

Needed to be cleaner and decorations were very tired. It was exceptionally noisy as the bar was open until 1am. I was woken at 3am by people shouting outside!

Generally pretty happy.

As it is an old building, there is no sound proofing, and single glazing, so if you are a light sleeper, you might struggle. The shower was pretty feeble.

Lovely room, nice convenient location. Room clean. Comfortable room. Decent breakfast.

A good pub in a charming old building with good service and a truly terrific breakfest.

Noisy drinkers.

Lovely building and freindly staff. Good location. Amazingly good full english breakfast (and I left a tip for the chef which I've never done before).

All good apart from the above would go somewhere else if I was with my wife.

I would have stayed for dinner but for the fact that there were a group of what I believe to be locals sitting at the end of the bar (and I can ) shouting and swearing which was not nice being it was in front of other customers and and female staff so I went out and had dinner elsewhere!

Staff great breakfast lovely and my car broke down and reception were more than helpful in getting it repaired so i could get on my way thank you for that.

Never again!

The noisiest hotel we've EVER stayed at. A ghastly two nights of purgatory, the worst possible hell hole.

(1) decent breakfast (2) attractive old building (3)excellent public car park nearby

very tired and perhaps a little cash injection to get facilities up to standard

disappointed with the staff on arrival as having to wait in reception area whilst staff member went into the kitchen to chat. Room above the bar and very noisey. TV in room had 2 channels working but couldnt hear for the noise coming up from the bar,Curtains in room not big enough to shut light out. Traffic noisey from 4 am. Shower water not powerful enough to get a decent shower. Overall very disappointed with this establishment and will not return

The only positives was the bed was clean and comfy and the breakfast and morning staff very attentive.

Conveniently placed for the meeting I had the next day in...
    • Master Suite

In need of a face lift. Grubby stairways and corridors, small room and the tiniest and oldest TV I have seen in the past ten years.

Conveniently placed for the meeting I had the next day in Ruislip

standards slipping - usually much better

service was awful (usually its ok). checking out was appalling - they messed up the bill, tried to correct it and end up taking the wrong money on the card, paying a refund in cash and not being able to print the receipt. Promised to email it but no sign of it yet!!! (Almost forgot - no toiletries in the room didn't help either) I stay here quite a lot and this was the worst experience I've had - its usually runs smoothly

clean, local, parking

Great until bed time, after that quite annoying.
    • Master Suite

Had to get staff out of the car park so we could have breakfast as he was too busy playing with his car stereo. The worst part and the reason I wouldn’t stay again was the music. If you want to go to bed before 1am on a Friday (assuming same on Saturday) DON’T stay here. The booming music from the bar was deafening in our room (6). We are night owls so only delayed our sleep by an hour, but if your not..... we also had to turn to TV up quite loud to hear it, this wouldn’t be an issue if you were at a function or last out the bar after a heavy session but for anyone else it would be a real downer. The rooms also could do with a refresh, starting to look dated and warn in places, mainly in the bathroom.

The food in the bar was excellent as was Breakfast, the staff were friendly and the service was good in the evening. Enjoyed a nice drink after dinner and enjoyed the atmosphere.

Very poor, tired Inn, need proper staff.

Expected a bath, none just a shower. Breakfast was poor, very fatty. Service was poor, all very young casual workers with little hospitality experience No where to sit in the bar as lots of local young very loud men, terrible language n front of my wife, F... Said a lot. They converged on the small sitting room, put the football match on the telly and were so loud, drinking beer. Asked for a receipt upon checking out and was told they would email me one, had to ring up two days later to get it. I and another couple of guests, said we would never stay here again.

Expected a lovely historical country inn, instead we found a rather tired and tatty inn.

Adequate accommodation for a night
    • Master Suite

Very loud bar until 1.30 am on the Friday night. Hard to sleep as you could clearly hear it...

Fabulous breakfast. Big towels! Master suit was very spacious and worth the little extra

Get into the 21st century!

The decor in my room was very old & 'tired' & needs a total refurb to bring it into the 21st century. Shower was just a 'trickle' as there was hardy any water pressure. I ordered Eggs Benedict at breakfast & was served warm salad cream instead of the correct sauce! Muffin was very stale & difficult to cut let alone eat. All in all, a huge disappointment.

The location was very easy to find.

Relaxing week, excellent food, friendly staff. Would definately return.
    • Master Suite

On arrival there was a small issue with the room. 3 Phone calls to reception went unanswered even though it was manned. Went downstairs to report the room issue in the end. Friedly staff on reception though so only a minor fault. Staircase carpet to bedrooms abit worn and tired.

Excellent food.Wonderful breakfast. Vegetarian breakfast was lovely. Evening drinks in front of a cosy log fire with great atmosphere. Large comfy room. Friendly staff.

Location great but disappointed with the standard of the room for the money.

Toilet didn’t flush properly, there was mould in the shower, the room was tired and tatty and the overall decoration needs improving.

Breakfast was good and the location was great. The staff were very helpful sorting out the dining area for a family meal.

The breakfast was very good & the food was hot

The bathroom facility in our room was very poor , a strong smell of damp & very cramped. The beds were very clean

The breakfast was very good & the food was hot

Excellent. Look forward to staying here again.
    • Master Suite

Not enough tea bags or biscuits in the hospitality tray.

Room 6 is fabulous, and the bed was huge and really comfortable. The road noise didn't bother us as we live on a main road. Noise from the bar wasn't a problem and is to be expected anyway if you stay in a pub! The staff were very good - especially the breakfast staff, and the breakfasts were brilliant. Really good choices of cooked food and the full English / eggs benedict we had were faultless.

Pleasant

The girls behind bar need to pay more attention to customers waiting then talking to the locals sitting at bar.

Staff especially the guys were very helpful. Was there for my nephews christening and it was lovely venue to have it in.

Very enjoyable stay. The staff couldn't have been more helpful

Bedroom was at the front of building and suffered from traffic noise no double or secondary glazing. Carpet up to bedrooms very soiled should be replaced with vinyl covering.

Food was excellent. Staff were very friendly and helpful

I’ve stayed a few times always good.

The welcoming of the young man on reception ,engaging in conversation and being polite. Then in the morning asked me how my party went. . He remembered!! Also great full English.

Did the job - had a good sleep
    • Master Suite

One plug socket- and it wasn’t by mirror- so unable to dry hair in mirror- lighting not good - dark room - noise from pub downstairs- but we knew that when we booked- but traffic noise in the morning!!!!

Room was warm and bed very comfortable - massive tv!!!!

Overall a very pleasant experience and I would return again.

The car park was quite tight. The stair carpet leading to the rooms is stained.

The breakfast was delicious especially the bacon. The pillows were soft and comfortable and the room was quiet.

Quaint historic inn, staff friendly & helpful, good food, comfortable bed & reasonably priced.

Standard open Wi Fi in room 12 does not work but helpful receptionist provided code for acces to a secure alternative WiFi source that worked well. On Sunday evenings food has to be ordered by 5:30pm & eaten shortly afterwards as kitchen closes at 6:00pm.

Bacon had burn marks across from grill but otherwise full English breakfast was very good.

lovely staff but small dated room.

Poor shower and bathroom generally needed updating. Bedroom very dark and small. Not enough loo roll. Stairway had threadbare carpet and needed a repaint. Insufficient number of power sockets in room

Good breakfast and very helpful staff. Convenient location and easy free parking . Easy WiFi connection.

Lovely place to stay. Would highly recommend.

Staff really kind and helpful. Rooms were tidy and well kept. Food was excellent especially as breakfast was free. Overall I cannot complain, really enjoyed my stay.

Below average!

Room No.1 was very tatty, the shower was hopeless, the TV was tiny, the bed was very firm. The bed spread was stained, the toilet hadn't been cleaned very well & would not advise having a shower as standing in the bath was extremely slippery, a mat should have been provided. It was extremely noisey as my room faced a major junction.

Food was okay, Breakfast & Dinner, the guy behind the bar was fast, efficient & friendly. The lady that served me at breakfast was okay too, shame about the general condition of the hotel.

Great staff, comfy bed and decent breakfast.

Toilet separate from the bathroom,which meant you had to walk to the bathroom after using the toilet to be able to wash your hands. Not ideal as feel this is poor hygiene practice.

The bed was very comfortable and room clean and good location for our purpose.

Pleasant staff & clean room. However, doesn’t really look like the photos on website.

Room was small & didn’t look like photos advertised. Chairs at bar & back rooms hard. Housekeeping walked into room while we were sleeping before check out time. We had breakfast at 10am & there were men drinking lager already & swearing loudly with bar staff. Bar staff did nothing to stop them. If I was travelling with my mother or had children I would have told them myself how inappropriate it was. I am not offended by swearing & I work with some of the most challenging groups in society at work but I didn’t think it was respectful at that time of the morning when other guests were around. Staff were friendly however.

Log fire & food

Old world charm - great breakfast. But could do with redecoration.

Our room, number 2, was situated closest to the main road. A bit noisy but can appreciate we were placed there so as not to hear the pub noise. In the morning the metal sign outside our room was making a racket - due to wind outside. Carpet leading to rooms is awful - remember commenting on this when I came here over 5 years ago!

staff were friendly and courteous. Full English was very nice.

Comfy room let down by lack of hot water in shower.

No hot water from the shower so had to shower when I got home. I wasn't offered a reduction in price either which was disappointing.

Comfy bed, friendly staff and very good breakfast.

Lovely friendly staff even booked in early as was going to my sisters house for lunch.

Only thing was teapot stained. That’s all.

Room was ok , breakfast was good great scrambled egg and smoked salmon. Will be back. Convenient for my location ( sisters)

Lovely room, pleasant staff, nice location, bar wasn't quite the cosy pub we hoped for.
    • Master Suite

Bar downstairs was nice but incredibly busy with tradies and I think there was a fight while we were out as we came back and the police were there!

Room was huge but we booked the delux room. Big room with high ceilings.

Very good have stayed here for the last 3 Christmases

The heating in the bedroom could have come on earlier than half past eight the room was quite cold only a thin duvet

The room was comfy Staff where lovely Breakfast was very good