Reviews of The Harley

334 Glossop Road, Sheffield, S10 2HW, United Kingdom

#9 of 10 B&Bs and Inns in Sheffield

4.8

Altough the room was tiny, nearly everyting I needed was...

I had paid for a room + breakfast; when I arraived I was told that the hotel does not provide breakfast(s) starting with that day! It was very unexpected, disappointing, not respectable and cumbersome.

Altough the room was tiny, nearly everyting I needed was available. The two workers I met there were polite.

Become ill due to sleepless night. Never again.

I noise /music all night. I wasn't warned about this when I made the booking. My daughter and I travelled to Sheffield for the University open day for the following day and had a sleepless night. The receptionist warned about the noise on arrival but it was too late, and after a long drive , for looking for another place. Did not enjoy the stay at all and formally request a full refund. I still have the headache due to to the sleepless night. I would think twice before making any booking in the future. Its shame it is my first time using this site.

Friendly staff, Convenient location.

Basic accommodation with vegan and vegetarian options.

This hotel is basic - but you get what you pay for. The staff is friendly. The restaurant is a pub serving burgers with vegan and vegetarian options, and breakfast offers the same. I really liked the whole atmosphere. I stayed during the week, and noise was not a problem at all.

Don't come, it is nothing better than staying on the street!!!!!

It is old room. Smelly. The DJ downstairs is so loud that it can knock down the build. I did not sleep the whole night. The wifi is rubbish. There is no reception help during night.

No thing

Everything.

Everything. It was the worst accommodation in which I stayed in my entire life. On Thursday the music was so laud that the I could not sleep until 5 am. The windows literally vibrated the entire night. The towels were not changed for 4 days. The windows would not stay closed therefore the noise felt like you actually stay on the street.

The hotel had an ideal location for me so I’ve got what I wanted.

Don’t have high expectations from the old style hotel. The furniture, windows, shower were rather used and old. In anyway it was clean so I was ok with that. For those who is used to fancy hotels and service, and don’t like noise this place can be a challenge.

Old style hotel. Very supportive staff. The room was very clean and had all basics you may need.

Hip hotel

Music till 3 am. Which our son forgot to mention after he booked it.

Excellent and friendly staff. Ease of parking. Location. Good inclusive breakfast.

Reasonable and near by the university of Sheffield.

Not everyday, but the terrible noise from the bar prevent me to sleep until 4a.m. Additionally, breakfast service are likely to end in July.

Reasonable and near by the university of Sheffield.

Not bad

I reached 2hrs earlier. I was told to roam about and come after 2 hrs. I was tired after a long journey so it was not expected.

Location near University.

Never again!!!!

Dirty sheet/unmade bed on arrival, dirty coffee cups, no wifi until the football was finished, dirty floor in bathroom, dirty smelly staircase, breakfast was OK, filthy chairs in restaurant, sticky dirty salt and pepper shakers and cutlery. Not one redeeming feature of the place, it was filthy from the front door to/in the room and back again. Would definitely not recommend The Harley Hotel.

It's just as described.

I preferred my bathroom in the other room I stayed in.

It was noisy during the night but this is well advertised so is to be expected. I very much liked the room.

Nice place for a short stay

The floor was vibrating. I assume it was because the kitchen was right underneath (so like a fridge or something), but it made this humming noise which made it difficult to fall asleep.

I loved the breakfast, it was very good. They have vegetarian options (didn't really notice vegan ones though). I also liked that you could not really hear much outside your room.

Good value for money
    • Apartment

fridge in lounge very noisy if sleeping in there on the sofa bed. No lift if people need access to flat, a lot of stairs

Rented the flat which was a great size, staff professional and helpful. Food great value and good quality.

They're not joking about the noise!

I was warned about the noise, but the volume on the top floor was quite shocking, ear plugs helped the second night. Decor and furniture was a bit shabby.

Comfy bed, great shower, great breakfast, helpful staff.

For late nights and good food.

They make your sign a waiver about the noisy bar downstairs. This is not something you can deal with by wearing earplugs, as the bass reverberates throughout the building until 04 am. The bathroom was very dated and the ventilation there wasn't working so the shower wouldn't dry out and the shower curtain actually looked moldy.

The breakfast was served in the ground floor bar, which is also a burger bar. The food was the best thing in the place.

Don't count on going to sleep before 4 am

I booked in a hurry so I didn't read properly through the reviews and description, unfortunately. The music from downstairs is VERY LOUD, the bass will make your room tremble until early morning, even on the second floor. The single-glazed windows might as well not exist, there is no sound insulation whatsoever from the drunken shouting on the street. Luckily I was tired enough to sleep through most of it, but really I think a big fat "are you sure?!" warning should be given before an inattentive traveler places a booking - this is not a standard hotel.

The room was okay, rather old but nothing that bothered me especially. The included breakfast was good with some options, and there is a big parking garage nearby that cost me 6 pounds for the night.

Whether you are travelling alone or as a group, I found the whole experience most pleasurable and wo

The driving experience in Sheffield was very unfriendly with so many speed cameras and speed restrictions and not snowing at times what speeds you were meant to be going at. It worried me whether I had picked up any driving offences whilst I was in Sheffield, Only that will be told if I get something in the post. But otherwise I had an enjoyable holiday and was worth every penny.

It was well compact and had everything that was needed tea coffee making facilities and a kitchen if I needed to cook something. I slept like a log and it was mostly enjoyable.

Tiring.

Music till daft o'clock kept me awake we were told at reception on arrival but would still have to pay full amount if we decided to cancel. Sadly I didn't book my daughter did it online and didn't see this til after we told her about the problem.

Not suitable for actual sleeping

I thought I can sleep through anything, but the base, coming from the nightclub below, loud enough to rattle the windows, turned out to be beyond me. Don't attempt to sleep here without going out and drinking until 4 am first. Bed was uncomfortable.

Harley Hotel May 2018

There was a music session downstairs in the pub from about 2 to 3 am. The bass was so loud that my room and bed were vibrating.

Staff were friendly location is great convenient for tram and bus so can get into centre in 10 minutes. Breakfast was included in price it was good and had a vegetarian option.

Glorified student digs.

....... at 47 I'm too old to be staying in what felt like student digs. The nightclub was pretty loud and pretty late. I''m a heavy sleeper fortunately. Also the Harley is slap bang in student land, and the street noise was excessive. Groups of lads singing drinking songs until the early hours. The single glazed windows just didn't cut it. The sign above the toilet, warning me to close the lid before flushing as it released the power of Niagra Falls summed it up.

Breakfast was good, although it was served in a downstairs bar.

Some of our group refused to stay in the hotel and booked another room on the day.

The rooms had crumbs on the floor, the bathroom smelt of damp. The group had booked the apartment but had to make up the beds themselves.

Very convenient for the city centre

The Harley’s in a prime location, situated right next to the...

The only thing I didn’t like is the attitudes of some of the bar staff. They were all very young, pretentious, politically correct egalitarian types; as opposed to the type of people you can have a laugh with. If they dropped the trendy student type attitude and adopted a more traditional, working-class feel, it would feel far more welcoming and warm. Luckily, I was away from the hotel for most of the day, but had I been propping the bar up all day, I can’t imagine I wouldn’t had such a good time. I do understand they’re going for a certain feel, however. After all, it is next to a university, the home of the pseudo intellectual, left-wing liberal tosspot. I just kinda wish they hadn’t employed that type of person to work in their pub. All in all a nice place to stay. Basic, cheap, ideally situated in the centre of town, but the bar staff could be friendlier and a little more fun.

The Harley’s in a prime location, situated right next to the University, which is a nice place to have a drink. It’s also on Glossop Rd., which contains most of the city centre pubs. The Venue itself is perfectly serviceable. I can’t imagine a middle-class, middle-aged couple would enjoy it though. It’s more for younger people who are basically just in town to drink or for a short stay. The rooms are small and basic but clean. The bar is cheap and can get very busy later in the day, and stays open till very late on weekends. But if you’re already drunk, the noise shouldn’t be a problem. I was given a decent enough breakfast when I got up. The barman actually reminded me about the breakfast without me having to ask, which was nice. He didn’t have the friendliest attitude, but wasn’t the rudest I’ve encountered either - had that too cool for school attitude going on. Some staff were friendlier, but most seemed to be pretentious arty farty types, perhaps vegans and kooks like that. There was also free coffee that you could help yourself to. All in all a nice place to stay. If they fixed some of the glaring DIY issues, such as badly repaired locks and things and other superficial bits and pieces, and hired some friendlier staff, it would be even better. Having said that, it’s pretty good as it is.

Great value for money!

Just a few things put me off. There was a lot of hair in my shower, the bathroom sink was cracked and the toilet seat was coming off the hinges. Also, there was a mouse in my room...

The breakfast was amazing, staff were lovely, location was great. Overall, please with the place! There's a lot of reviews about sound but the sound really isn't that bad and you are warned.

Waste of money!

At 23:30 a rave party commenced above my floor and went on until 04:30. The 'music' was so loud that the vibrations were strong enough to move my phone and tea cup from the bedside table to the floor. No night time porter to contact. I had to notify the police at 03:30. A waste of money and no sleep.

No soap, some lights didn’t work, bathroom was dirty but the place was cheap to be fair

One of the door staff was completely out of control and aggressive and the female waitress with the nose ring was similarly unprofessional and out of control

Awful. Worst hotel experience ever. I’d have rather stayed at Faulty Towers

1) the hotel was on top of a nightclub (closing time was 4.30am) and the music was causing the room to shake worse than an earthquake with deafening thuds 2) the cleanliness was appalling; damp/mould on the ceiling tiles 3) the furnishings seemed awful

Nothing. I booked the property as it looked like the best value option.

Did the job nicely

It wasn't an issue for me, but some guest might be put off by the noise from the bar downstairs. Disappointing that no cereals on offer for breakfast.

Basic no nonsense guest house which did the job for a night. Well located for the night life.

Disappointed with everything.

The entrance, stairway, room and bathroom not very clean. Windows wouldn't close. I could smell urine on the stairs. The hole looks very run down.

A good breakfast

dreadful experience.worst ever had anywhere and at 67 am world travel savvy.

poor customer service in burger restaurant.room didn t get cleaned Sunday only bed made.noise level was excruciating as I took photos of clients outside at 4.27am.i went elsewhere for the next 2 nights. totally ruined my snooker treat.back home trying to recover.shocking.receptionist and one other girl helpful

The bed was comfy.

The entrance, the stairways , the hallways were grim and smelled pretty unpleasant.

The bed was comfy. I slept really well. The price was amazingly cheap. Location was good for my needs too.

Hell on earth

I slept in one of the rooms directly above the nightclub. It was a hellish experience. The whole room was vibrating due to the intensity of the bass, and the noise from the music was so loud that I might as well have been trying to sleep in the nightclub. These rooms are not fit for purpose because it's impossible to sleep in them until after the club finishes at 4AM.

Horrible.

Your review won't let me put anything below 2.5. it was terrible.Peeling paint, stained carpets, dirty bathroom, asked for a quite room and it was so loud my coins vibrated on the locker. Rusty fixtures,terrible shower... Do not stay here.

Nothing. Hands down the worst place I ever have stayed

Excellent location for events in Sheffield and great price.

Nothing really as I have stayed here a few times so know what it is like.

I was in Sheffield for the snooker world championships. I usually stay at the Harley as it is a great location and price. Lots of takeaways are on the same road and Sainsburys is about 2 minutes away and Tescos about five minutes away. It can be noisy as there is music downstairs on many nights but they do warn you if that is going to bother you, it can sometimes be thumping away until around 4am so that's the main thing to bear in mind. I just look for a hotel to sleep and shower in basically and paid £127 for three nights which was a great price during the snooker especially.

Cheap, basic accommodation on doorstep of University, if you can handle the bar volume.

Painfully loud bar music & vibrations pounding out until 4am, even though it was a weeknight. Couldn't sleep, even with earplugs, & gave me a migraine. Table service at breakfast poor, only 1 cup of tea & no offer of toast. Cancelled 2nd night but still had to pay, but they did offer me an apology & a 2nd floor room which I decided not to risk.

Fresh milk for my room when I asked. Good veggie options on the menu including breakfast. Free Street car parking overnight.

THIS IS NOT AN HOTEL, IT IS MORE LIKE A CHEAP HOSTEL

ON ARRIVAL THE BARMAN WAS RUDE AND ARROGANT AND IT APPEARED HE WAS NOT INTERESTED IN HIS JOB. HE SAID THE CITY CENTRE WAS A FIVE MINUTE WALK FROM THE HARLEY WHERE AS IN FACT IT TOOK ABOUT 20 MINS TO REACH THE ACTUAL CITY CENTRE. HE ALSO SAID PARKING WAS NOW FREE ON A SUNDAY IN SHEFFIELD AND WHEN WE WENT TO THE CAR ON SUNDAY MORNING, WE HAD A PARKING TICKET, ANOTHER MEMBER OF STAFF ALSO SAID SHE THOUGHT THE PARKING WAS FREE ON A SUNDAY. THIS PLACE IS A REAL DUMP AND THE ROOMS ARE A JOKE. THERE WAS A HOLE IN WINDOW GLASS AND THE OTHER WINDOW WAS JAMMED OPEN. THE SECONDARY GLAZING WAS SMASHED AND MISSING, BUT THE FRAME REMAINED. DAMP ON ROOM CEILING AND WALLS AND BATHROOM ALSO HAD BAD DAMP AND WAS NOT VERY PLEASANT. WE HAD TO USE WET WIPES ON THE KETTLE AND CUPS TO CLEAN THEM BEFORE USE AND THERE WAS A BAD ODOUR IN THE ROOM AND IT GOT WORSE ON THE LANDING AND STAIRS. THE BATHROOM WAS LESS THAN BASIC AND THE SHOWER DOOR WAS MISSING BUT THE FRAME WAS STILL IN PLACE WITH THE HINGES LEFT ON BUT A SHOWER CURTAIN WAS FITTED INSTEAD. THE CARPET AND BIG RUG IN THE ROOM WAS NOT CLEAN AND IN GENERAL THE ROOM WAS REALLY RUN DOWN AND VASTLY OUT OF DATE. THEY ALSO WARNED US OF THE NOISE LATE AT NIGHT AS WE WERE ABOVE THE BAR, AND IT WENT ON UNTIL 4 AM, BUT THE SPEAKERS DOWNSTAIRS IN THE BAR WERE MORE SUITED TO A MASSIVE HALL AND THE 4 OF THEM STOOD FLOOR TO CEILING. OUR ROOM ACTUALLY RESONATED DUE TO THE NOISE AND EVEN THE TEA CUPS RATTLED ON THE SAUCER AND SLEEP WAS IMPOSSIBLE AS THE NOISE LEVEL WAS A JOKE. THE BREAKFAST WAS OK, BUT WHEN I COMPLAINED ABOUT THE ROOM I WAS TOLD THAT THE SUPERVISOR WOULD CALL ME BACK AS THEY DID NOT LIKE COMPLAINTS OR BAD REVIEWS. I HAVE NOW CALLED FOUR TIMES TO SPEAK TO HER AND STILL SHE WILL NOT RETURN MY CALL. I HAVE STOPPED IN LOADS OF BASIC HOTELS AND THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST, AND YET THE HARLEY GETS GREAT REVIEWS, THE REASON IS SIMPLE, THEY LEAVE A CARD IN YOUR ROOM ASKING FOR YOU TO LEAVE HIGH REVIEWS ON BOOKING.

BOOKING OUT

Snooker loopy weekend break

It's unique, the club downstairs makes your room shake till 4am in the morning, best to go and enjoy it :) Delicious food by Twisted Beer Company, real ale too!

Different to most hotels .but was happy with my stay

Probably a bit basic for the price.,although this didn't bother me to much.This isn't so much a dislike , but its rellavent .The hotel runs a night club which you are warned about,and can be loud.The steady bass beat on Saturday I found pleasant.and slept quite well.although it would wear thin over a period Sunday was very quiet.

Handy for the city center,eating places.takaways,bars,etc.Comfortable bed.Shower easy to use .As I have problems with hotel showers.Ending up with mix of extra hot and freezing cold water.this was a bonus .Radiator came up hot as soon as I turned it on.Lady on desk pleasant and helpful.

Breakfast was included and was tasty, rooms could do with a...

Staff could be friendlier....

Breakfast was included and was tasty, rooms could do with a deep clean. Beds are comfy. Make no mistake, this is a budget hotel over a club! the music goes on til 4am Satnight\sunday morning. Its a great place to stay if you're out with mates and just need somewhere to crash for the night.

If there was no a disco downstairs I would return sometimes.

Downstairs there is a disco and both nights I couldn't sleep. Moreover if you give a high rate in booking, you get a free drink in the bar downstairs.

The breakfast was really nice. People are very kind.

Location is good, central

Got informed that check in is at 4pm, however, when we came back at 5pm, we got informed that our room was still not ready due to sickness of cleaning staff. As we had arrangements for the evening we only had the option to stay in a room on the first floor. Still got charged the same price, even though their downstairs music kept us awake until 4am in the morning which we did not find fair at all, however, staff was rather unhelpful.

Location is good, central

Lovely breakfast, comfy bed, good location

Drum and bass night till 4am...only warned we might hear some noise but the room was shaking! Thankfully we didn’t get back till 2am anyway

Lovely breakfast, comfy bed, good location

Difficult to sleep, fair quality-price ratio

The music is really loud, it seemed as if it was in my room, and it goes until 4 am also during weekdays. It's not difficult to find drunk people in the aisles who make sleeping even more difficult. The breakfast is mostly about English breakfast, so if you're not into it, you will have only waffle as the alternative.

The room was cleaned and with private bathroom, and the bed was quite comfortable. The staff is friendly, and the burgers are good. It is not in the city centre, but it's in a very good position from the University of Sheffield.

The breakfast is good.

The noise of the first floor bar during the night is crazy. It is not only noisy, but also shake by subwroofer, the whole room was crazy shaked. I stayed there two weeks, from Tuesday to Sunday, almost everyday, you can never sleep before 3am. And also there is no evelvator, and smell of the stairs part of the building is really bad.

The breakfast is good.

Best value for money stay in the whole UK, no exaggeration!

Honestly, nothing. The food was brilliant at all hours, drinks were amazing and music every night was great entertainment.

The hotel was perfectly described online, excellent value for money and very lively. The staff were brilliant even when I lost my keys one day. Completely understanding and replacement keys immediately. I enjoyed a very nice breakfast everyday which was included, best value for years. Seriously, I will always go back to stay here when i visit Sheffield.

Only stay at this hotel if you aren't going to bed before 4am, when the noise stopped.

The pounding music from 11pm to 4am! The room was vibrating with the noise. It was physically impossible to sleep whilst it was on. Only stay here if you are also attending the nightclub.

Room was clean. Staff were friendly.

Sleepless at the Harley Hotel Sheffield.

I did not like the fact that there is a night club attatched to the hotel which stays open (even during the week) until 4 am , how any guest is supposed to sleep I do not know , yes the bed was comfortable but if there is music thumping away until 4 am how are guests supposed to sleep I'd gone there to watch a concert, that finished around 11pm ,we got back to the hotel had one drink and went to bed around 12 am and went to bed but because of the noise me and my friend got virtually no sleep.

The room itself was good value, I found the bed comfortable and the breakfast was good.

Absolutely awful

Room wasn’t particularly clean, stains on walls, peeling wallpaper, etc. Toilets were broken down (hole in the wall) and noise levels far too much from the nightclub, made the room literally shake and vibrate. THE NOISE LEVELS ARE RIDICULOUS!!! Impossible to sleep. Definitely not worth your money. Overcharge way too much for a subpar standard level uni student style room.

Good breakfast

SHOCKING

Bass from nightclub below that loud the whole room was vibrating while 05:15.Was made to sign a disclaimer to say you couldn’t complain about the noise on check in but didn’t realise it would be as bad as it was

Great hospitality.

Loads of character and the staff were friendly. Excellent value for the money especially if you are there to listen to good music and enjoy life. I´m excited to go back when its not a business trip and I can enjoy the atmosphere more.

Everyone should experience this place once!!!

Lots of things could have been better, but you get what you pay for!!! And I didn’t pay Ritz prices...

Seriously noisy... but I was warned so I expected it... if you are a party animal and don’t want to sleep until 4.30ish.. fine Breakfast looked distinctly average, so I opted for toast which was excellent. Room was basic

Great price, great breakfast and lunch, fantastic bed, warm and welcoming staff!

This place wouldn't be suitable for those of light sleeping, or who cannot sleep through noise on Thursday nights. You are warned upon check in, but there is a clubnight on until around 2am, which, depending on the DJ, may result in heavy bass vibrations. I'm aged 20, came back to my room at 11pm, and slept through until 8am so it was great for me. Just a heads up.

The menu in The Harley is absolutely incredible for both breakfast (served until 11:30) and regular lunch. They have a wide variety of Vegan and Vegetarian options too, and if you stay in the hotel overnight you get £4 to spend on your breakfast, and anything over that you purely have to pay the difference. Great prices too! The bed was super soft, and the bathroom equipped with shower is one of the best I've experienced for this price range. I booked this trip last minute, maybe 36 hours before my stay, and the price and location were incredible. Can't fault this place.

Best place to stop in Sheffield for a nightout.

Basic, but very clean and comfortable room. Location is amazing; right next to the University and nightspots. The pub below has wonderful vegan meals available (meat is available for carnists), and has excellent bands playing.

Good value for money, good location and great service.

It would have been better it wasn't so noisy, but in fairness, we knew that it was likely to be noisy when we booked so we're not complaining.

Poached eggs fantastic. Great service from friendly and efficient staff.

Comfy bed, kettle for drinks, desk for writing (important to...

Room was non-smoking, but smelt of smoke. Room had not been hoovered. Tea cup had not been washed. Sleep is impossible on a Friday night, until after 4am, due to disco downstairs(incredibly loud!),but the property did mention this on booking. Shower in room 20 was frankly terrifying! I very quickly turned it off again before it detached from the wall! Aside from that, the little ensuite was perfectly adequate, especially for the low price.

Comfy bed, kettle for drinks, desk for writing (important to me), electric heater, and ensuite, all for less than £40!. Fantastic breakfast : I chose the vegetarian & it was delicious. Friendly staff. Great central location (I was going to a gig at the Leadmill, just 20 minutes walk). Great value.

awful. never again

The hotel is extremely noisy and dirty. There was half a loaf of bread in the wardrobe and a can of stella in the bedside drawer. The sheets were dirty and the bathroom was filthy

The breakfast was ok

Brilliant

Really good value property, only thing that could put people off is the Harley is a night club, so expect loud music until 4am. This is displayed everywhere however, so it is expected.

This place is a dump and a nightclub open 7 days a week until 4am AVOID AVOID AVOID

This place is a student club downstairs that’s open until 4am every morning playing nightclub level music so loudly the fixture in the room shake !! This should be advertised totally unacceptable !!

Good value for money- loved the pub. Great location. No thrills; but for the money overall great

Breakfast option my partner picked wasnt so good- but that was more likely due to her selection not the food.

Cheap and cheerful hotel in a good location. Good selection of drinks at a decent price and good, funky food.

nothing to say here

single glazed window to the noisy street, alarms, drunks shouting still awake at 3:30am and to top it off a leak from the room above onto my pillow at 6:30am. worst hotel experience I have ever had.

nothing to say here

If we are back in Sheffield and need an overnight we will be back!!
    • Apartment

really good value as we sent a 4 man crew from Newcastle Upon Tyne. This is the 2nd time we've stayed so it must have been good the first time round.

Don't understand how anyone can give this place a bad review!!!!

Didn't want to leave!!!!! Staff were amazing couldn't do enough for you. Breakfast was beaut and music was unreal had an amazing weekend can't wait to go back!!

It was very comfortable, the bar food was good,& had a great Vegan breakfast.

Pity there wasn't any free parking outside but it only cost me £2.00 for the night.

I was in a single room that was comfy.A nice comfortable bed.Arrived back from the party at midnight & watched telly till 3.0am.As they play music till 4.0am on a Saturday l felt the thump of the music while l was awake but nothing when l was asleep.

Cheap, but ultimately not worth it.

You won't be able to sleep until 4am, since the hotel is above a night club (even if you use earplugs, you will definitely feel the vibrations). No door between bathroom and the room. No WiFi in the rooms. Dirty fan above the shower. Dirty ceiling.

Breakfast is in the price and it was pretty good. Kettle and cup in the room. Bed was quite comfy. Every room has a heater, so it won't be too cold. Friendly staff.

I went to a gig in the bar downstairs so was convienient... room not great but the food amazing

Being in room 12 which was right above the speakers in the bar... room was vibrating and was very loud till 4am.... also the room was very dated and worn.. in need of redecoration.. Flaking paint.. stains on carpet and walls

Food was lovely

Great value

Staff was excellent excellent value for money We was told on entry to expect some noise due to it is a nightclub after 10.30 But didn’t bother us The meals was a 9 out of 10 and so was the breakfast

Simple, no frills accommodation. Loud club nights until 4am that prevent sleep.

On the night I stayed there was a club night in the bar that went on until 4am. Despite being on the second floor the vibration from the sheer volume was rattling the heater in my room, the windows and even the coathangers in the wardrobe. There was a sign on the door up to the stairs to the rooms that read something like "This is a live music venue which opens til 4am". This was the first I learned of this, after having checked in. Warning or not, it is simply unacceptable to offer rooms for people to sleep when there is music that loud going on until that late. This goes against the basic function of a hotel. It would be more understandable if it were a weekend but this was a Wednesday night. Whether travelling for business or leisure I would strongly advise against staying here as you will not get any sleep.

The lady working at reception was really lovely and helpful. The food on offer in the bar at the hotel is just to my taste, a great range of burgers (vegan options available).

Stay was fine if you are well clued up on the facilities and the music and know what to expect.

Window had one curtain, one chair. Needs a bit updating and corridors were very grubby.

It is what it is. Cheap, cheerful but very dated. For somewhere to go to use as a easy budget sleep over then it’s fine. The music until 4am is clearly stated everywhere so we expected the noise - and it didn’t disappoint, it was very loud!

Vat Charged but not Vat Number offered when I asked for it.

Vat Charged but not Vat Number offered when I asked for it.!! Staff emptying bottles in to bins at 4.30am was not a nice thing to do. BREAKFAST is rubbish.

really good place to stay ...i will stay here again when in sheffield

it was a bit rough around the edges ..but there were clean towels and shower gel...plenty of teas and coffees and the kettle was fine.

very comfy bed, and shower was great....staff very friendly and breakfast, which was included, was really good

Nver again

Being kept awake until four. Whilst I was expecting noise from below did not realise the speakers would be big and loud enough to do a good job at Glastonbury !

Breakfast good and closeness to City Centre

Did nt get much sleep

Not having anyone on the reception . 1st stay was quite enjoyable but this time I could nt sleep . Noises from outside . Shouting and swearing peeps . Other bloody residents banging doors at early hours !!! The base of the music terrible.

Who makes it for me is Toni on reception . Well they 've took her off as much as she was . When you walk in you need to see a smiley face . You don t now I had to go into bar to ask for assistance.!!! The bar staff and kitchen were busy so not their fault but had to wait .

Budget hotel with Great atmosphere

The shower was old and pretty poor pressure wise

The hotel is very basic from the stair way up to the rooms but the room is comfortable and has all you need. Downstairs the bar does very good food. We came back in the early hrs to a party atmosphere which is exactly what you want on a lads wkd.

We stayed in the flat- perfect place for a group of friends.
    • Apartment

We stayed in the flat- perfect place for a group of friends.Great atmosphere, staff really friendly, 1pm checkout and the breakfast was ace :) it was perfect xx

Got a little more than I was expecting.

The bar was busy so waited a while to be checked in.

Great hotel for the rate I payed. The bar open till 4am and the dj was amazing ! I would return to Sheffield just to come here again.