Reviews of The Headlands

611-613 New South Promenade, Blackpool, FY4 1NJ, United Kingdom

#76 of 217 hotels in Blackpool

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Amazing B&B

Lovely B&B. Clean, very friendly helpful staff. Good bathroom and comfortable bed. Tram stop just across the road. Amazing! Will definitely stay again 😁

Really enjoyable and would stay again

Staff welcoming, hotel is oldy Worldly but clean and quiet despite being full. Breakfast was really good with excellent service from the staff.

Pleasent

The only thing for me was how far away it was but i was walking along the front which was nice

I liked the way the staff was they was polite was realy helpful

Value for money, great location, good hotel.

Our older kids bedroom only had one window opening as two were sealed off so it was hot.

Perfect location for what we wanted, our boys could scoot along the prom and play on the beach as it is the quieter end of the promenade. Great walk up to central pier and tram stop across the road. The hotel is exactly what we wanted, staff are very friendly and attentive; gluten free items available for breakfast, cracking fry up, kids catered for and a very family feel to the hotel. Bedrooms were fine and beds very comfy, bedding was pristinely made. Great views and a really large lounge bar area with games room. Our 9yr old discussed with the landlady about a 4.5/5 which it was agreed there is always room for improvement. We are planning our next visit.

Great location. Good breakfast. All the staff very friendly and helpful. Beds seemed to be either very hard or very soft with no in-between but other than that, it was a lovely place to stay and very clean.

Only stayed for bed n breakfast .

Only stayed for bed n breakfast . Food was good and friendly staff. Hotel was clean. It was only a 5 min walk to pleasure beach the main reason we went to blackpool

Location is brilliant!

Squeaky bed & very small dated looking room. Cleaning staff tried letting themselves into our room while we were there which wasn’t very nice.

Location is brilliant! Staff very friendly and helpful!

The Headlands A Great Place To Stay in Blackpool

There was nothing to not like really enjoyable stay friendly staff. Polite and welcoming. Especially Sue on reception she could not do enough for us checking with us that everything was alright and if we needed anything just to ask. The room attendants were most helpful and attentive as was the dining room staff who were very courteous and friendly.

We totally enjoyed breakfast cooked very well also offered fresh pots of tea also served food was hot and served efficiently.

3 nights

It was quite old fashioned but cannot fault it for cleanliness. Room didnt have a hairdryer (but I am quite sure if I had asked staff, they would have found one for me). Also, iron board and iron is shared by the entire floor (but I was always able to get it when I needed each night to iron following days outfit). Cupboards did smell a little musty/old though so I hung clothes outside on the door handles instead.

Staff were great. Rooms were spotless - decor quite old fashioned but it was clean and thats really all I want in a hotel. Hotel has a bar which is handy too. A short 5 mins walk and you are at the Pleasure Beach but the tram comes in handy when you want to get to the other end (Blackpool Tower) and feel a little lazy! No air con in rooms but if you need your window open, you can remove the rubber catch easily (I think it is just there for kids which is good). We didnt try breakfast or any other food so cant comment on that.

Loved everything, couldn’t fault it at all, very clean,...

Loved everything, couldn’t fault it at all, very clean, staff wonderful & extremely helpful & couldn’t do enough for you, wouldn’t stay anywhere else & ive stayed at quite a few over the years!! Games room excellent my boy 17 & friend 17 had a brilliant time as the weather was bad so went fair came bck drenched & had a fabulous time as games room was best ever I’ve seen in any hotel in Blackpool!! Pool table + Atari games machine + snooker table & darts board & machines saved a lot of money, didn’t even bother with arcades as they proffered games room @ hotel, breakfast lovely & plenty of it!! + ordered from just eat & they provided plates & cutlery no problem whatsoever, will defo go bck very soon & I recommend you phone & book as they have a lot of deals which you don’t see on booking.com also had a sea view balcony which connected 2 my sons room next door so that was another bonus!! ***** stars for me any day!!

Overall very good

My only complaint would be there is only a 3 course meal if you book it in the morning I traveled up during the day and went into the restaurant in the evening feeling hungry to be told we can’t cook you anything if you didn’t order it in the morning, impossible as I was traveling that day, it would have been helpful if that was stated on the website

I liked it because it is near to the beach
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I did not like the behavior of the woman who works in reception of the guests in the restaurant, for example (she tells my daughter that you are hungry today)

I liked it because it is near to the beach

Loved it & the staff & best bacon in a long time record coming back

Little bigger bed but saying that I did only book a single they give a double with sea view win win.

The staff on reception were excellent so helpful let me have early check in etc could not fault them

Top class Headlands

I liked everything about the Headlands.

Everything. The place was immaculately clean with staff completely focussed on providing the highest level of customer service. My room was immaculately clean with a large bathroom overlooking the sea. The hotel has its own car park which is huge plus in a place like Blackpool. The breakfast was also excellent and I will definitely be returning.

Mediocre 3 night stay.

Bed was hard, room was really hot and windows hardly open due to security lock. Room furniture needs updating.

Location is good, out of the hustle bustle, tram stop nearby. Hotel parking and free on street parking if full. Decent breakfast. Ample wardrobe space. Friendly staff. Arrived early and room was ready.

Value for Money

I can't think of anything at the moment.

I enjoyed my stay here very friendly and helpful staff here as well, I add a nice view from my window I could see Blackpool front, A lovely breakfast here to, also free parking here to, shops and restaurants just around the corner, there is a nice cafe just across the road to, the tram stop is just across the road.

Will be back

Anything . We will be back

Clean and cosy with very welcoming staff, lovely breakfast and great value for money. Close to the Tram stops . Free car parking.

Nice pint after a long day great games room for kids with 2...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The property was clean tidy and the staff was fantastic and only a 10 min walk to pleasure beech. Would definitely stay again

Nice pint after a long day great games room for kids with 2 PS2 to play on kids loved it

Friendly, caring staff provided us with a relaxing and comfortable stay.

The hotel is looking rather tired and needs some updating. It looks much the same as we remembered it from several years ago. The door to the balcony in our room is in need of repair. The damaged frame made it difficult to close. There is no ventilation in the bathroom.

The cleanliness everywhere was excellent. Bed linen, towels and table linen were pristine. Dining tables looked attractive. The substantial cooked breakfast was very good with plenty of choices. Evening meals served good traditional food well. Having a lounge with comfortable chairs in which to relax and the ability to have tea or coffee served to us in there by friendly staff was appreciated; as was the free WiFi connection.

Amazing staff, comfortable, and great value for money!

Lovely welcoming staff willing to go the extra mile. Amazing value for money. Homey, comfortable and clean hotel. Our second floor room had beautiful views, was warm, had tea/coffee facilities, hair dryer, and got cleaned daily. Very delicious breakfast- welcomed by staff and shown to our table and asked what we would like to drink, offered a cooked breakfast whilst having a wide variety buffet of cereals, juices, yoghurts, fruit. Really recommend!

Room was a good size, could feel springs in mattress on...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Hotel could do with updating decor but very clean, room was very warm of a night so had to keep the window open,

Room was a good size, could feel springs in mattress on double bed but singles were comfortable, nice breakfast and sea view. The room was cleaned daily

Good for the money and avoid lift until smell is eradicated.

The lift smells of urine. No one told us of the facilities or that there was a bike we could rent/ borrow. We had to discover things in the hotel by ourself and by the time we found out, it was time to leave.

The staff are pleasant. There is a view of the sea from our room, which was fantastic. Hotel is located close to a cafe and supermarket. There is a pool table, games room, computer area etc in the hotel.

Very Good & will stay there in future when working in the area

There was not anything that I did not like

It is an old hotel. The staff were great, breakfast was great & value for money great also. When working in Blackpool next I will book there again if available

On arrival a friendly scouser checked us in, he always made sure we where ok when he was on shift making us feel welcome. Room nice, bed comfy and nice staff in restaurant especially the waiter who made me a tray of coffee so I could take it in the lounge .

Good for a overnight stay

stayed for 1 night hotel could do with an update but don't be put off the room was spotless, staff are excellent and breakfast was good , hotel in a good spot nice and quiet and handy for pleasure beach / south shore yes you can pay the same for a chain hotel but the staff make up for it here give them a try !!!

freindly staff , clean room and a good breakfast

Excellent accomodation for the price.

Bathroom fittings need maintenance. Shower in my room was cool and difficult to turn off. Friends shower didn’t work at all.

Excellent accomodation for the price. Staff very friendly.

Good relaxing stay, nice staff, recommended.

Nothing to pick at.

Brilliant value for money, room was big & had sea view as requested. Staff were very good, breakfast was excellent. Parked directly outside. Wi-Fi good. Most hotels in Blackpool could do with a facelift but Headlands was far better than most I've stayed at over the last few years & will look at it first in the future.

Friendly staff, functional rooms, close to the tram stop to get to the centre of Blackpool

Windows in our bedroom were substandard.....they were drafty....letting in the cold, and wind. Rooms are functional, but very tired and need updating, including sound proofing....we cld hear EVERYTHING the people in the room next door were doing !!! Also guests passing by our door wld seem to be actually in our room..... Breakfast was great....we also opted for an evening meal.....this was ok.....service was faster than a drive thru.....no sooner had u finished a course the next was delivered....bit toooo fast.......although it was always delivered by friendly, efficient staff.

Friendly staff, great breakfast.

Headlands is excellent

The weather could of been better but october in blackpool is usually windy

Excellent hotel nothing was too much trouble and very friendly staff excellent hotel and location fully intend to stay again

Had a really lovely time

A bit run down looking from outside,though to be fair so were a lot of the other hotels and guest houses along the front.Windows could do with a clean outside but again it would be an never ending task being on the sea front

The staff were very friendly and helpful.The room was light and had a sea view.The bed and pillows were super comfy and clean.Plenty of milk for tea and coffee plus a mug which I prefer to a small cup and saucer.Great choice for breakfast. Close to bus and tram stops.Well worth getting a 3 day pass or family ticket for travelling on tram and buses.

Would not return

Hotel was very dated. Staff never spoke to us upon entering and leaving throughout our stay, only spoke a few words at check out! Pillows were so flat I would have binned them!

The location is good and near a tram stop.

We didn't get parking space at hotel

Just the parking space which we asked for but didn't get

We didn't get parking space at hotel Staff extremely helpful and friendly A very good experience would stay there again

The location and breakfast

The bed was very poor. No WiFi signal despite advertising this facility. No toiletteriez! Expensive for what you get. Lift is scary! Hotel needs to be modernised.

The location and breakfast

Big hotel features in a small hotel

Check out at 10.30 bit early ( mind you I liked the earlier than usual check in)

Great location. Very well organised and cooked breakfast. Dining area has character and a sea view

Will be back for sure

The lift is very tight but that's me being extremely fussy.

A lovely welcome by a lovely man. Breakfast staff extremely nice & helpful. A very good breakfast was served to my table & a good choice of cereals, fruit & juices.

The hotel is a little dated the cleanness was good food...

The hotel is a little dated the cleanness was good food excellent, while I appreciate it is a family run hotel and the cost to update the hotel would be quite substantail I feel the hotel would benefit. Having said the above I would stay at this hotel again

adequate

was cold first night as central heating did not come on at any time during night food was nice but felt harried during evening meal,didnt get time to finish one course and let it settle a little before next course plonked in front of me older people like me eat slower!!

nice quiet location nice food friendly housekeeping staff

Decent hotel for a low price, but nothing special.

My room was very small. My elder daughter's room stank of urine. Luckily they had another room so they moved her

Bacon in the morning. The waitress in the dining room was fantastic, very quick, very professional.

Hope to return again next year.

Nothing I didn’t like, was a good break, everything as expected.

Staff friendly and helpful, breakfast excellent, all meals very good, good home cooked food generous portions. Comfortable bed, clean room.

Excellent and highly recommended

The fact that we had to come home

Very Clean, quiet location, comfortable rooms, excellent food and extremely friendly accomodating staff on all levels

Lovely hotel with very friendly staff and great facilities

Nothing. Some might think the hotel is a little remote from the centre of the town, but for me that was a bonus.

Friendly staff, Great facilities, Cleanliness, Plenty of on-site parking, Excellent Breakfast buffet and cooked food, astonishingly low-cost considering all the above

We as a group (10 of us) enjoyed Blackpool, but unfortunately would not return to The Headlands.

The bed was pretty hard though not too uncomfortable. The tap in our bathroom (B2) dripped constantly so I placed my flannel underneath. My flannel went missing the next day ! The lady I support (she is blind and LD) was in the next room (B1), her shower just did not work ... either scalding hot or freezing. I had to bring her into my room for showers. It was not ideal.

The breakfast was lovely and plenty of it. The staff very friendly and helpful

Loved every minute of my stay at The Headlands and look forward to going again soon.

The staff were always wonderful and very helpful. The hotel was always clean and tidy, anything I needed I only had to ask, and I was able to arrange for special needs before I arrived. There is a lift in the hotel, it is rather small and inadequate for disabled people, but it did go to every floor as advertised on the site. Ground floor rooms are available in the hotel, but must remember to book early next time. The food was always lovely with generous portions, the bar is open till 1:00 am for residents, and there's Wi-Fi available for free. All en-suite rooms have tea and coffee making facilities, hot and cold water was always on tap and the my room had a 15" TV with a surprisingly generous amount of basic channels. The only downside was no entertainment in the hotel on weekends, it's during the week only apparently, but there's plenty on offer in Blackpool anyway so what the hell. EXCELLENT!!

Made easy and enjoyable.

Very friendly, great breakfast, and location is great if you want pleasure beach and almost full run on trams. Parking in hotel grounds and free on street available also.

the hotel is situated down the bottom of south shore away from all the noise with lovely see views.

there is nothing we didn't like the only thing i could see that would be a issue is if you were wheelchair dependent there is no ramp to the property.

i traveled with my disabled wife and found the property very accommodating we had no issues at all.away from all the noise but with a tram stop across the road you are only minutes away from all the attractions.

Excellent stay and would return

Everything was great

I don't eat hot breakfast and I'm a veggie and a waitress asked if there was anything I would like they would buy it in for me.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Overall we were pleased with the hotel. Staff friendly and helpful. Very clean hotel.

Bathroom and shower needed updating. Also doors and window frames need replacing in the bedroom. Parking a bit tight.

Child friendly and close to amenities

Clean hotel, good food, very pleasant staff, comfortable.

Electricaly operated shower was poor. Only warm water through shower head available. The lift to the top floor worked ok, but was very small. (Only held 3 people) any suitcase could be a problem in the lift. Room space limited.

Bed was very comfortable. Tea &a coffee making facilities good. Breakfast was excellent, staff very pleasant and helpfull. Accommodation was very clean, but dated.

The staff were lovely.

There was a problem with the temperature controls on the shower but otherwise the room was fine.

The staff were lovely. I arrived quite late at night on a bike. They helped me to lock my bike up in a secure location. Breakfast was good but would have been good to see vegetarian options available.

Clean and friendly

Only one complaint which was people were smoking in room next to us. Could smell smoke in our room. Even though we complained it continued for the duration of our stay.

Clean and friendly

NOT the best hotel in Blackpool.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Our bedroom door didn't fit too well, it rattled all the time until we forced a chair against it so we could sleep. Only one window out of three opened, and it was either WIDE open or closed. A little maintenance required basically. The TV signal pixcellated the screen spoiling our viewing. Though we only wanted to watch one programme. There was no hot water for a shower on our last morning. Also the water pressure was extremely poor. It took many extra minutes to complete a basic cleaning shower. The bed and floor creaked enough to wake other occupants in our room and no doubt the room beneath ours. We also experienced th noisy vibrations of a few other near rooms adjacent and below ours', of their bathroom extractor fans, unfortunately a few occasions during the night which woke all of us in our room. We do not like to complain, especially about so many things, so we didn't complain to the hotel.

Hotel positioned perfectly for us. Very quick and easy to access and find from M55. Staff very friendly, helpful and efficient. Good breakfast.

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, lovely , homely, and friendly .
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Couldn't connect to the internet in our room, the first nights meals was Delicious but the lamb on the second night was such a let down..

The lovely staff, the breakfast, the beds..and the view.. the trams and buses across the road

Hotel clean but requires major refurbishment.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Poor plumbing system, no hot water at approx 8 a.m. to have a wash. Dated decor.

Reasonably priced bar, good breakfast, friendly efficient staff & good entertainment.

The Headlands Hotel,well worth a stay

Bed was soft(but after talking to staff on check out,asked if it would be possible to have firmer mattress,said to phone/email when booking and would try to accommodate)so fingers crossed. Room was warm ,could have done with a fan

The staff were friendly Room was lovely and clean Good parking and location Fab breakfast Overall an excellent stay will be staying again

It's location on the promenade of Blackpool's South...

It's location on the promenade of Blackpool's South Shore is nice and quiet for those that value their sleep. Conveniently located between two tram stops and close to a bus stop, so very easy to get to anywhere in the area from Lytham to Fleetwood without a car. Only minutes from the Pleasure Beach. The staff were friendly and helpful. Bed was comfy and the room was very clean. The full English breakfast was excellent. I will stay again

Great stay!

Have stayed here before and it is a great place to stay. Very quiet location and in easy reach of all the attractions in Blackpool. The staff are friendly and the food is top quality. Would recommend to stay half board as the food is excellent. My mum loves to stay here also as certainly one of the best places to stay in Blackpool. Rooms are of good size and have comfy beds. Hope to see you again soon!

In need of renovation

This hotel is in desperate need of renovation. I have stayed before but this time the room furniture was broken, the beds broken and the pillows so old and hard that I would have gone out and bought new if I'd have been staying longer. Either provide a beaker for the hot drinks or a cup with a saucer but don't miss out the saucer please!

Its is a good position in Blackpool being near to tram stops and bus stops. It has ample off street parking which has to be a bonus. Breakfast OK. Mostly clean and nice clean bedding.

Very relaxed and enjoyable stay.Will be back.

The building is a bit of a time warp but this does add to charm of the place .Some modernisation and upgrading would be beneficial.The shower being a Mira was of good quality but rather stiffinoperation.Some windows could be replaced.Everything else worked OK.

Very comfortable and well run Hotel.Very relaxed atmosphere and excellant quality of food.The breakfast ingredients esp the bacon and sausage were of superior quality.Evening meal very good value .

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

not the ritz but very good value for money

rooms could do with an uplift but functional some stairs very shallow not good for some people

comfy beds good variety breakfast lift was small but very useful decor dated but vey good value for money entertainment very good on the sat night had a really good night

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

All Meals were plentiful and excellent value would recommend...

All Meals were plentiful and excellent value would recommend Headlands Hotel to anyone, also to all please try you won,t be disappointed will go back again hopefully to same room first class accommodation comfy beds for a good nights sleep not noisy

It was smelly smelt like sewage the brakfast was disgusting,...

It was smelly smelt like sewage the brakfast was disgusting, could never find staff rooms were to hot or to cold the heating couldn't be controlled. And the hot water was crap

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

A delightful hotel - will certainly go back!

On my first trip to this hotel & the area it would have been useful to have some information in the rooms. There were no leaflets about the area or even about the hotel - simple things like times for breakfast or a copy of menus or useful phone numbers - the usual things you find in hotels. There was no telephone in the room but I was given the impression that's just a temporary thing while I was there. It's only a very minor issue & would not put me off staying again. I managed to find out basic info by asking the staff & there were some leaflets in reception & on the wall, there just wasn't any hotel-specific info on hand that's all.

Great location (quiet but easy to get into town - perfect for catching the tram) wonderful sea views, friendly helpful staff, very comfortable bed & room - everything I needed, fantastic high speed unlimited internet access. Would definitely stay here again.

Our room was underneath a family room so we were woken at...

Our room was underneath a family room so we were woken at 6am by the children running around upstairs after being kept awake most of the night by a loud buzzing noise that we couldn't find where it was coming from.also we requested a room with a bath which we got but it didn't work! The shower trickled water out. Other than this our stay was quite pleasant, the staff were lovely and the room was comfortable, expected a little more for what we paid.

Comfortable stay at the Headlands

Enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast was excellent! Everything you could want for an overnight stay. The bed was really comfortable and the staff were all very friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

The Headlands

Friendly & helpful staff. Hotel had it's own car park. Hotel only a short walk from Trams & Bus stops. Breakfast was very good. Very comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Nothing was too much trouble.

Over bath shower not as powerful as my power shower at home but a minor point

Nothing was too much trouble. Very comfortable bed. Great sea view and lovely breakfast

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Value was fantastic.

No problems at all!

Value was fantastic. Room was clean. Breakfast was excellent and staff were friendly and helpful. Couldn't recommend this hotel more!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Value for money

Self shutting doors in hallways slaming (very loud)

Great value for money staff are friendly hotel is nice and warm and rooms are nice and clean and cosy

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Good location. Nice people. Great breakfast!

Room very shabby and in need of TLC. Everything worked though and was clean, replaced, etc and that's what matters. Could have done with some toiletries!

Breakfast incredibly good and its service exceptional. Everyone very friendly and helpful. Location very good as next to the Pleasure Beach. Nice big bar and games room.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Excellent food both at breakfast and dinner, although dinner...

Our room very small, tired decor, fire doors with poor closers( often banging)

Excellent food both at breakfast and dinner, although dinner could have had more choices

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

All facilities were very good, polite friendly , helpfull...

interior a little "tired" but still very good.

All facilities were very good, polite friendly , helpfull staff, very good food, rooms nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

A nice hotel with everything you need

Couldn't find a hairdryer in the room.

Everything was clean and staff were friendly. Good location and quiet but within walking distance of the pleasure beach. Tram stop outside the hotel and free parking .

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

stayed here in April with our 2 grandchildren & had...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

stayed here in April with our 2 grandchildren & had lovely big room with enough space as to not get in each others way,the girls came in each day to tidy & replace anything from the tea tray,breakfast was amazing & really set you up for the day,hotel is passed the pleasure beach but its quiet area & near to tram/bus,looking forward to going back asap

Friendly and helpful staff.

Friendly and helpful staff. They always go the extra mile.

Birthday treat

Very friendly staff great food and very comfy beds would recommend greatly for value - hope to stay there again.