Reviews of The Lake Country House Hotel & Spa 4 stars

LLangammarch Wells, Powys, Llangammarch Wells, LD4 4BS, United Kingdom

#1 of 1 hotels in Llangammarch Wells

Horrible night sleep!
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Upgraded us to a suite on arrival. Was extremely hot in the room, opened all the windows which didn't make any difference. Rang reception and requested a fan but was told they didn't have any. Was kept awake by kitchen staff shouting and swearing in the courtyard below, also smoking below our room which came straight in through the windows we couldn't close. Horrible nights sleep which ruined our weekend

The oldy woldy feel and furnish of the place was lovely, the...
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Didn’t think the evening meal was worth the money. Small portions for £45 per head.

The oldy woldy feel and furnish of the place was lovely, the grounds were nice to walk around and the spa was great.

Relaxing, friendly, a wothwhile experience.Thank you

Could not faulltbit.

Loved everything about the place.My first evening meal the duck was an unpleasant experience as I had to return it to the kitchen butbthe matter wad dealt within a profesional manner by the manager..excellent.A place for relaxation.A return trip a definite.

We didn't have to travel miles into England to find such a place and all in Powys fabulous.
    • Suite

Nothing we can't think of anything negative to say.

The whole place and facilities where fabulous and the staff were so helpful and friendly - wonderful

A very relaxing and peaceful atmosphere, beautiful grounds,...

The afternoon tea we had was not the best in my opinion. The cakes we had were rather dry! I would recommend just having the cream tea because the scones were delicious!

A very relaxing and peaceful atmosphere, beautiful grounds, comfortable junior suite. The staff were extremely accommodating and friendly. Lovely breakfast.

Excellent weekend hotel with lots to do

The evening meal was not as good as we had hoped, and quite costly at £40

The activities available- spa, pool, tennis court, golf course, croquet lawn all on site and part of the hotel. And great walking in the area.

It feels like being in the garden of eden
    • Suite

Maybe breakfast can be improved but staff were excellent especially Luke the Manager he was incredible and very professional

It feels like being in the garden of eden

Almost very good, lovely place.

Being taken through to dine with our drinks 20 minutes before the table booking time. Our hot breakfast arriving whilst still eating fruit and cereals.

Spacious suite, good pool, nice food.

This was a chance booking to find somewhere new to surprise my partner for her Birthday. Brilliant
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Can not think of anything I personally would change.

The Spa is a 2 minute walk away, the pool was warm enough for me to stay in and all the usual facilities if you would like to wear yourself out on very new equipment. We stayed all day and were waited on for lunch on the terrace the staff really did make our weekend.

really relaxing break, the hotel lodges were big enough for a family!

didn't really dislike anything, although would have liked a door matt on entry to room as when wet and muddy in Wales had trouble not leaving foot prints from us or the dog on entering the room.

Rooms were clean and the bed huge! really comfy stay, the dog was welcomed too.

Excellent short stay, encompassing everything that may be expected from a country house!
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

We didn't dislike anything!

The setting and peacefulness encouraged a restful visit. The facilities available, including the spa and easy walks were excellent. Food was locally produced and cooked to perfection!

Worth every penny. I will return!
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

I think they were having issues with the tv reception but it wasn't a massive issue.

Absolutely gorgeous location, comfortable and cosy room, fantastically friendly staff and phenomenal food. I want to come back!!!

A lovely brake very enjoyable and would highly recomment this hotel.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Our accommodation was very comfortable warm and inviting as was the hotel and staff. Compliments to the chef the food was excellent, as was the dining room service. The spa is a new and very inviting.

A lovely trip down memory lane - a comfortable treat
    • Standard Single Room

Restaurant meal was set price for four courses so quite expensive - would have liked more flexibility. Food was OK - but other diners really enjoyed.

Beautiful classic setting, excellent spa, comfort, tradition, engaging and pleasant staff

A fabulousbreak in a stunning hotel, in an amazing location
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The parking was a bit cramped at times, with cars on the road at the front and side of the hotel, but there was always somewhere to park within a very short walk

The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Even the young lad sitting on the desk in the spa gave us the benefit of his local knowledge for local places to go for a pint and watch the rugby!!

If a relaxing break in comfortable surroundings with excellent food and service, this is it.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Little to criticise; it was just as I expected.

Bed very comfortable, peaceful surroundings, excellent service and food. Not difficult to find with a satnav. Wonderful surrounding countryside and can easily drive to other adjacent towns. Enjoyed the spa. All round: a memorable 2 days visit; will go again.

A relaxing, comfortable and beautiful stay!
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Music during meals for atmosphere. Dinner was quite expensive, but food was good.

The service was excellent! We had trouble on our journey to the hotel and broke down 5 minutes away from the hotel. The staff were excellent, kept in touch with us and even sent out someone to help find us. A big thank you to the man on the front desk in the evenings!

The staff were exceptionally friendly, it was warm and cosy...
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The shower ran hot and cold and was an over bath shower. The flow was poor and as I said the temperature veered from boiling to freezing! There were no signposts to the property and it is down a single lane road.

The staff were exceptionally friendly, it was warm and cosy and quiet.

Fantastic property and a feeling of luxury
    • Standard Single Room

Hospitality at its best, and way above corporate equivalents that claim to offer a luxurious spa and hotel experience; this hotel does it properly. The room, lounge and spa were all fantastic

Relaxing and worth the extra GBP
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Water pressure in bathroom left room for improvement and TV set had a bit of a remote control issue (comments for visually impaired audiences were on and nobody knew how to get rid of them.Batteries had run low so channel switching didn't always work.

Lovely location and hot tub.Staff extremely helpful and professional. Bed comfortable and food was excellent. I preferred the lodge-room we had the last time over the room in the main house we had this year. Very convenient parking and quality towels.

A heavenly escape from noise, bustle, pressure..
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Breakfast very good, fresh each morning, evening dinners disappointing and not. Value for money...perhaps more local ingredients?

Cleanliness, smiley helpful staff, relaxing atmosphere.

We enjoyed our stay, but were very disappointed with the main food courses,and would not return.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

I disagree with most other reports. The food was simply not good enough for the outrageous price of £45 for 3-course meal. Starters an sweets were excellent, but all main courses were very poor. Meats were tough, vegetables underdone, my breakfast haddock was “high”, soups were just warm, as were main meals. No one should go here expecting gourmet meals. Wine was excellent but much overpriced. And there was no “real ale”!

The comfort. The Staff. The quality of furnishing. The peace.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The staff were so friendly. Excellent food which the chef adapted to gluten free . Everywhere was spotless and comfortable and the spa was amazing, all in a beautiful location.

A delightful hotel in the Brecon Beacons

The spa is a 5 minute walk from hotel itself.....not far but when it is pouring with rain... that's probably 5 minutes too far...

Lovely location.....very peaceful.....lovely spa

Perfect stay- sadly we only had one night
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Lovely characterful hotel. Staff couldn't have been more charming and accommodating. Perfect- just wished we'd been able to stay longer.

A very enjoyable break, (except for the weather).
    • Suite

Toilet in ensuite bathroom could have been cleaner, but I could find no other fault.

The chef was excellent. We have never had such tender and succulent venison. The desserts were innovative. For good health's sake we could have done with a little less cream in the sauces but they tasted delicious. All staff were friendly and helpful.

Relaxing weekend escape
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The shower pressure was terrible and took anywhere in between 5-10 mins to warm up; this was a huge frustration. The restaurant is has lovely food but lacking a bit of atmosphere. Could do with some background music.

Lovely staff /terrific service, beautiful property and a key highlight was the spa that overlooks the lake, which was beautiful. Felt very at home and was the perfect escape from the city.

Relaxing break in a beautiful location.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Hotel only offered a three course meal in the evening so we didn't eat in the restaurant. We would have preferred the opportunity to have a single course.

Downstairs sitting areas were very comfortable and welcoming. Plenty of sofas and chairs. Open fires had been lit. Lovely spa by the lake.

lovely for a weekend away when you just want to stop and be still
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

luxury of the pool area; perfectly clean and nice, but they could have put more effort in the changing rooms

Great location, outdoor is fantasic, spa treatments nice

Lovely and relaxing. Wonderful staff, amazing views, beautiful rooms, fab food we will be going agai
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The pool in the spa was a little cold. I booked a massage and the room I was in was really bright which made it a lot less relaxing for me but my other half had a massage and he said his room was lovely and dark so I guess I was just unlucky. I had another massage the next day which was meant to last 30mins but they came and got me late so it only lasted 20min where as my othe half gor the full 30 mins and was out after me. Both massages were lovely but I just felt a bit short changed on the second one. So from the whole experience the treatment was the only thing which let the whole amazing experience down but like I said my other half didn't find that and had a dark room and the full time so enjoyed his so I guess I was just unlucky.

The rooms were wonderful nicest rooms I've been in!! very clean and tidy with lovely views. The whole place was so quiet and peaceful in the grounds and the spa.The staff were so helpful and friendly from start to finish!! The grounds are beautiful with a lovely walk around the lake. The spa is lovely and clean and very nice facilities especially the hot tub overlooking the lake and was never busy and crowded.The staff at the spa were so helpful as well. The breakfast the next day was lovely really nice food and again the staff were brilliant. I've recommended this hotel to our friends and two sets of couples are going to here this year. If you want a lovely peaceful time with lovely grounds and staff then I would highly recommend here.

First break all year, and returned home fully relaxed and totally energised.

Didn't like the cars parked outside the main entrance, made the hotel lose some of its waw factor.

The perfect peaceful location, with extremely helpful and courteous staff. Nothing was too much trouble. The spa treatments were amazing and Oksiana was a font of knowledge in life and how to live it to the max. I'm hoping l can take on some of her suggestions!

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will return.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

We felt dinner was a little over-priced, the food was quite good but the portions on the small side.

Very comfortable room and bed. Very attentive and welcoming staff and exceptionally clean spa facilities and pool.

i WILL be back!
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

there was nothing that i didn't like. it was so much more than i expected. i was never made to feel like a second class citizen because i had dogs with me. Quite honestly it was the best hotel i have ever stayed in in the uk! and i have stayed in a fair few. the staff were amazing . although they were all young their customer relations were top class. we only stayed one night but i will definitely be going back for a longer break....if only so that i can get more use from the spa facilities! well done to a really special hotel.

Well! I came home worse health wise than before I went.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

I fell going out of the bath shower and hit my head and cut my right leg and have had heavy bruising on my right leg. I fell because there was no none slip mat nor handles on the wall to get out of the bath in this bedroom. We have been to stay several times before with no problem. The owner drove myself and my husband in his car to see the Matron in LLandrindnod Wells Hospital. The Matron was excellent with very throrough neurological tests and dressing for my leg.

Not enough choice of cereals

Just the perfect country retreat
    • Suite

They had run out of one vintage wine we liked ( boo hoo, first world problems! Lol)

Just the most superb hotel. Excellent from start to finish. Wonderful staff, food and wine.

What a GEM!

Nothing, it was perfect

We booked the suite, which always suits us for the extra space and we always take our dog with us. Although the rooms were quite classic for our taste; we absolutely loved this hotel and cannot wait to go back. The staff, owners and just everything was perfect. I'm so sad to be home and NO hotel in Wales has ever made us feel this way, as we aren't the easiest to please !Their service was exceptional, along with their Michelin quality food, it's to die for!! My springer loved them so much, I don't think she wanted to come home either ha ha.

4 Day tour round Wales
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Not being informed of the dress code for the restaraunt (no Jeans) or T shirts. This was not down to the hotel.

This was a two day stop over for my wife and I as part of a three day tour around Wales. Our accomodation was a lodge which was very nice very big and comfortable. The Spa was nice with a nice size pool, steam room,sauna and an heated hot tube outside on the balcony. The main Hotel has a lot of history and is very nice. The one area i was disapointed with was not being informed that for the evening meal in the restaraunt it was no jeans. This was done to Booking.com and not the hotel. The Dinning is very good but not cheep so if your looking for somthing a bit cheeper look else wear. But we enjoyed the whole experience. will go back.

If you just want to switch off and chill.....

Outstanding quality in a beautiful, period hotel. The elegant surroundings and beautiful grounds make for a totally relaxing getaway. The staff are very friendly, welcoming, relaxed and very professional. We will certainly return.

Comfortable, homely country house hotel
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The extractor fan in the ensuite bathroom was dusty/dirty and needed a good clean! TV reception was poor - BBC channels were unwatchable really, leading to a poor choice of TV channels overall, perhaps something that could be addressed. Wifi reception in the annexe we stayed in was OK, but internet was very slow. Overall though, these were small points which didn't adversely affect our stay.

We travelled with our two small dogs as attending a show at the Royal Welsh showground. The hotel is only 10-15 minutes drive from Builth Wells and there are closer shops if needed. Our accommodation was in an annexe separate from the main hotel building which I preferred with the dogs. We had been allocated a first floor room which was not ideal and when I mentioned this at reception we were immediately an alternative room on the ground floor. The room was very spacious with a large sitting area and lobby as well as bedroom with comfortable double bed and up-to-date ensuite with bath, shower and WC. We didn't eat an evening meal at the hotel, but breakfast was great. We requested a slightly earlier breakfast on our first morning and they got staff in to cover this which was much appreciated. Superb swimming pool in a dedicated building (changing rooms were perhaps a little dark!), with steam room, sauna and hot tub on first floor (for privacy) overlooking the lake and open to the air which was lovely. The grounds were extensive and well maintained, potential guests should be aware that there is a lake and river running through the grounds and some steep sided (but wide) paths.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Breathtaking Experience
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Need more of a vegetarian selection on menu

I loved the gardens, surroundings, outdoor spa, room, food, the whole place touched my soul. Will definitely be returning

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Birthday getaway in Wales
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Not informed on booking that fishing incurs a £25 per day charge. Bad black mould on wooden window frames in all 3 rooms in the suite. ( The Pump House ) Bleach, scrubbing brush and elbow grease needed! No hand rail on wall for bath and shower. The bath was extremely slippery. I personally slipped and have a bruised arm and ribs. However the staff immediately supplied a rubber bath mat. Such a shame that wine served in the lounge was poured into very smeary glasses. At £25 for the cheapest house wine you would expect the glasses to be sparkling! At dinner the young waiter who served us bread and water twice, leaned right across us to do it, even though there was ample room to walk behind and serve from the correct side. Maybe a little more training is required. The meals are quite expensive and this should be reflected in the service given.

A lovely surprise to be given a suite. The Pump Room. All the staff were very friendly and efficient. Beautiful well maintained grounds. Fabulous large fluffy bath towels! Food very well cooked and presented. The whole of the main building has an elegant but cosy feel.

Lovely location for a restful and relaxing break.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The evening meal in the Restaurant was very overpriced, so we didn't eat at the hotel, but we did have afternoon tea on the second day.

Very comfy bed! Excellent staff.

Ideal place to relax
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Not being able to park closer to the room as there are a lot of slopes.

So quiet and so attractive. Really appreciated the sitting area in the bedroom with table and chairs and sofa. Lovely spa. The staff were really helpful and friendly.

Promised a lot but did not fulfill our expectations

Plumbing in the bathroom was poor with no decent flow from the shower. Cost of room was way above what we would have paid for the standard which was delivered .Room was worth c£150.00 per night . Breakfast portion control of 1 rasher of bacon and a quarter of black pudding was an insult .

Staff were very friendly and attentive .Very good setting and peaceful

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Friendly hotel in lovely location.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Dinner menu was good but it would have been nice to have had alternative eating options available in the evening e.g. Lighter menu in the bar/lounge area.

Excellent staff who made us very welcome Lovely property in a rural location

Overall very comfortable and enjoyable with very good service
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

£45 was expensive for the evening meal; not averse to paying that much but we did not think the food served was up to that standard. Choice was limited and quality modest. Could do with a signpost to the hotel in the village.

Rooms were excellent and a good range of facilities

Great location if you are looking for peace and quite.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Spa information was not accurate. Duration of treatment is shorter than advertised (e.g 30min treatment is 25min). As a frequent spa user, this is not standard in most places. Also spa staff seemed unaware of opening/closing times. Despite being advertised everywhere that the facilities close at 8:00pm on a Saturday, staff still insisted that they close at 7:30pm. This however, was discussed and we were able to enjoy the facilities until 8:00pm.

Great location if you are looking for peace and quite. Breakfast was very good. Staff was friendly and helpful. Bed and room was comfortable. Spa treatment was very good and helped me relieve sciatic pain. Spa facilities were good

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Lovely place, friendly staff

£15 per night for dogs is fairly expensive if you want to stay for several nights. Would also love there to be an alternative to a full on gourmet meal in the restaurant.

Lovely place, friendly staff. Total relaxation. Highly recommend.

disappointing for the price
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The breakfast was pretty poor. Cheap quality bread, weak coffee, tiny portions, slow service from kind staff and a very average buffet. Not the quality I expected from such an expensive hotel. The room was small and had ink on the wall and a tear in the upholstery. Again only a bother for the price they were asking. Everything else you need was charged for at a high price and there is very little near by as an alternative. for the same price we could have had a city break in Europe and felt far more satisfied. Its ok, but not worth what they charge.

The spa was nice but it closed too early. It closed at 7.30 most likely to filter everyone in to the over priced restaurant.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Peaceful, relaxing stay.

The evening meal, although beautiful was a little steep in price. Especially as the price was not shown anywhere on the menu and drinks were not included. It may have been an oversight on my behalf, however the £90 bill per night was a shock especially as we had guessed approx £30 per head. We were also told that booking afternoon tea was not necessary and we should just order it any time between 3.30-6 pm. When we ordered at 4.15 we were informed there was none left. The staff did however put us together some finger sandwiches and scones, plus as this inconvenienced us, we were only charged for one cream tea which was a lovely gesture.

Excellent and beautiful location. The staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. We stayed in a suite on the Saturday and Sunday night and more or less had the whole of the spa to ourselves on the Sunday. It was so peaceful sat next to the log fire.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Relaxing, took our minds off the recent stresses. Will come again.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Slightly larger portions at some of the dinner courses. Our crab starter was very tasty but not much more than one mouthful. Excellent breakfast and lovely tea.

Beds super comfy. Massage centre was excellent. Venue is quiet, a little quirky in a good way and restful. Lounge area is a delight.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Place, location and spa were excellent and staff were fine, but really let by the food.

Dinner menu looked good, but did not live up to its billing in flavour or cooking. Pheasant starter was tough and very small, Pigeon starter tasted only of bacon it was wrapped in. Lamb main ok but accompaniments very poor. Burnt "rice Krispies" on panacotta not nice and cheeseboard frankly awful. For £45 a head not good value.

Spa is brilliant and the location is superb. Room was very good.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Extremely enjoyable, but it is overpriced.

I had last visited on business, many years ago. With every lunch and dinner, there was an offer of three varieties of freshly cooked bread. Alas, no longer. Fresh fruit was available in the lounge all day too. No fruit was on offer this time - though there were baskets of nuts to tuck into.

Very good spa - though it would have been difficult to get there had it been snowing.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Paid 330 pound for 2 single beds to be pushed together is a...

Paid 330 pound for 2 single beds to be pushed together is a upgraded suite, wasnt best pleased. Also having to get someone to fix the flusher on the toilet everyday was a joke

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Beautiful place to get away from it all

Bed in the junior suite could have been bigger. Not possible to watch TV in bed due to the position of it. WiFi slooooow!

Staff were excellent. Loved the feel of the place- antique furniture, all had a really cosy, warm feel to it. Grounds were lovely.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

I have stayed at this hotel over 50 years.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

I have stayed at this hotel over 50 years..the standard has always been impeccable..This time there was a very large wedding party that overstretched the staff and kitchen and we guests had to take 2nd place. We hope it won't happen again

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Fabulous overnight break within beautiful setting and lovely spa facilities
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

It was a little too peaceful as there's no music being played, apart from the in the spa treatment rooms. I would have liked to have relaxing background music in the lounge and dining room as you can hear everyone's conversation or a pin drop if there's no one around. There is a piano in the lounge that anyone is welcome to play, but perhaps some piano music playing in the background would be a nice alternative. There was a strong damp musty smell in the ground floor hallway towards the side entrance, but the room itself was immaculate. You get charged for a drink in the spa, which we had hoped would be complimentary considering the expense for treatments. There is only one water machine upstairs in the gym. A bit inconvenient to keep popping up there for a swig in our damp swimwear.

Fabulous location north of the Brecon Beacons. Very peaceful and tranquil setting. Lovely grounds to explore. Take your walking shoes to avoid wet feet. The hotel has a lot of character and it feels welcoming. We stayed in a lovely sized suite (Heron) at no extra cost. The spa was very relaxing. Very clean. Lovely little sauna and steam room. The hot tub was lovely overlooking the lake whilst it was raining. I would highly recommend this hotel for a bit of escapism. We celebrated our wedding anniversary and would consider returning in the future.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Beautiful grounds, and excellent room furnishing.
    • Suite

Beautiful grounds, and excellent room furnishing. We would have liked more variety in dinner menus, and slightly bigger portions, but the taste was delicious.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

fantastic staff and wonderful views
    • Suite

a little dated in places but overall it was a perfect stay

the staff are fantastic and the views are stunning. the rooms in the lodge are very nice with plenty of room.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

A special place in a beautiful tranquil setting
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

The food was very special with an intensity of flavour in all the individual ingredients which made up the dish. I especially enjoyed the beetroot starter and wild nettle risotto and I am told the venison was wonderful. The desserts were equally stunning in flavour. On the down side the open lasagne dish was not imaginative at all and lacked direction and flavour. It felt as thought it was just pasta sheets put together on a plate and served lukewarm. A real let down as a Vegetarian lasagne can be quite wonderful! More choice and an a la carte menu even if it was limited would have been a nice option. I believe there was a 3 day turnaround of menu which could be a problem if you wanted to eat every night on a 7 day holiday.

The tranquil surroundings and the relaxed atmosphere in the main building instantly made us feel at home. Our room with a lounge area situated in the Lodge was really spacious and comfortable. The spa was an additional bonus with the lovely pool and hot tub was easily accessible from the main buildings even in the rain as plenty of umbrellas were thoughtfully provided. We would certainly return and hope to very soon.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Nice hotel shame about the dos
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

You have to walk outside in your robes down to the spa! Not good in the rain and if it's cold as its a completely separate building. 3 mins walk away. Swimming pool downstairs and jacuzzi has separate entrance upstairs ! No lifts at the hotel. You may have to use several lots of stairs to get to your room

The hotel was very well kept inside. We had a nice spacious standard room. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Amazing hidden little gem.

Nothing really. Only recommend using a GPS, Sat Nav to find this hidden gem.

Would highly recommend staying here. It is a hidden gem. We felt so comfortable here, the room was so spacious, and warm and cosy. Dinner was amazing, and the staff are so accommodating. Breakfast was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Friendly, helpful owner and staff.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Dinner menu a little unimaginative and a bit restrictive offering only a 3 course option.

Friendly, helpful owner and staff. Great service. Beautiful grounds.

Good location and relaxing

Good location and relaxing

Delightful old country house.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Delightful old country house. Lots to do. Spa with sauna. Helpful staff.

Broken waste bin in the bathroom!
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Broken waste bin in the bathroom!

The peace, tranquility, grounds, area
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Overall cleanliness, no prices for food or drinks displayed.

The peace, tranquility, grounds, area

Amazing!
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Locations, staff, food. All amazing.

Amazing! Could not fault our stay!

Lovely

Very peaceful,relaxing

We have visited the hotel frequently for the last 10 years. No need to say more.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

As frequent visitors to the hotel we just love the location.

food was Michelin star but very reasonably priced.

food was Michelin star but very reasonably priced..

Peaceful location.
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Peaceful location. Superb facilities. Excellent service.

Heaven
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

Everything the quiet and relaxation

Shower had no power

Shower had no power

A beautiful location and it was a perfect
    • Standard Twin/Double Room

That I didn’t bring my dog, he would have loved it and having to go home

The spa, meals and room/suite - in fact the whole wkend was fabulous