Reviews of The Leonard Hotel 4 stars

15 Seymour Street, Westminster Borough, London, W1H 7JW, United Kingdom

#429 of 977 hotels in London

One thing that is perfect about this hotel is the location.
    • Grand Suite

The price is way too expensive. The hotel is worn out. We stayed in the Regent Suite (room no. 11), the decoration are artificial, some are broken, and not properly in place. Generally, the room feels unpleasantly old and a bit dark. The pictures in the hotel website certainly give some wrong impressions.

One thing that is perfect about this hotel is the location. The service is also excellent. Everyone at the reception, and particularly a lady who served our breakfast at the restaurant, is very welcoming, nice, and helpful. The bed is comfortable enough for one night.

The only thing I enjoyed of the hotel was the location
    • Single Room with Shower

Almost everything could have been better

The coffee bad, the bed not very comfy, the room with a staircase inside, the bed on one level and the very small place to store your belongings, 6 stairs below, so it was very unconfortable.

Adequate but not sure I would stay there again
    • Deluxe Double Room

A messy entrance, with strollers in the reception area and a messy, loud office open to reception. They need to tidy up a bit

The hotel was a bit shabbier than it was in previous visits.

A home away home
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Charming ,a bit old-design hotel in a quiet street close to the vibrant centre. Oxford street with its shops, two parks Hyde and Reagent's are a step away. Many restaurants, pubs and cafes are located in this area. It's easy to reach famous tourist attractions by foot, bus or tube. The suits are very comfortable, especially if you are a family of 3. Thanks for upgrading to suit 37 - lovely! Reception staff is very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!!! And ... we'll definitely be back!

Relaxed, comfortable and thoroughly enjoyable
    • Classic Double Room

We were made very welcome on arrival. Staff professional. The decor of the hotel gives it a very warm ambience. The room was first class with a most comfortable bed. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Lady at the reception not friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lady at the reception not friendly. Our key didn't work. We had to get new keys 3 times a day. I have stayed so many times at the Leonard but this time was my last time. It has become very outdated. Needs urgent refurbishment.

Dissatisfaction
    • Single Room with Shower

Don’t travel with a bag because you won’t have where to open it, I paid $300 for a bed. Be careful when you wake up not to get hit by the wall. I don’t recommend this hotel.

The location is ok

OK
    • Deluxe Double Room

Construction project next door made noise during the morning. No one helped with luggage as I left hotel - though I passed by employees I can handle my luggage myself but thought that was intresting.

Shower leaked and I had to walk up a flight of stairs to get to my room which I hadn't been told about. It was but a surpris and would not work for someone elderly or infirm.

Very old and rickety.
    • Classic Double Room

Pretty much everything about it apart from he staff and location

Very old and rickety. Needs a big renovation. Rooms very old. Some very small, can’t swing a cat! Would not stay here again, was quite disappointed.

great location for a short trip!
    • Classic Double Room

Evening concierge wasn't very friendly, but then again it was 1am. No elevator to the 5th floor so had to carry suitcase up the stairs. Very loud fan in bathroom!

Bed was super comfy and location is PRIME. Lovely living room and interior decorations.

Bed is comfortable, and the location is great.
    • Single Room with Shower

Very small rooms, and the room interior (eg. carpet can be removed, curtains, etc. are a little outdated) needs a little refresh.

Bed is comfortable, and the location is great. The staff are helpful and welcoming.

This is very helpful friendly hotel full of old world charm...
    • Deluxe Double Room

This is very helpful friendly hotel full of old world charm and respect . It is situated in a very good location with easy access to transport and attractions. Highly recommended.

Nice location, make sure u get a big room.
    • Classic Double Room

The standard room is way small beyond my imagination! They were so pushy for checking out and no one told us the check out time at 11, i didnt like their behaviour, the women kept calling us every 2 minutes and kept saying i will send to get your laggage ok? Ok? Are u ready?

Staff were helpful regarding changing my room. I moved to the apartment across the street, very nice and convenient, i paid more for it. Location is great..

Perfect location and comfort for our family vacation !
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The spacious suite was perfect for our large family. It had all of the comforts of home, with the character of a vacation spot. It was the perfect, convenient location for seeing the sights. We loved staying here !

Excellent location, and good value for money. Excellent staff.
    • Single Room with Shower

I would have liked a bigger shower and a bit more hanging space.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and the hotel was quiet, considering its central location.. The single room was, as expected small, but clean the bed was comfortable.

The hotel was great.
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel was great. Good proximity to The Park, tube, shops and restaurants. I would say that the hotel restaurant had a great selection and we really good. We will be back.

Lovely place
    • Single Room with Shower

Decor could do with a change, especially curtains as they were outdated

Walking distance to Oxford street and next to tube station. The staff are a credit to this hotel so helpful, all the ladies at the front desk were absolute gems

Worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in.
    • Single Room with Shower

The room was very old fashioned and dated. Bed uncomfortable , sheets , pillows itchy . Wouldn’t recommend it . Asked reception to arrange a taxi for a early morning specified time , they assured me it would be arranged , however , they didn’t arrange it and I had to run round to the Raddisson to ask them to call a taxi ! Making me late for my meeting. Worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in .

Clean and ok
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom fan was extremely loud and remained on for a full 8 minutes after you shut light. Very disturbing in the night. I spoke to receptionist on first day and asked about another room. Was told that it’s like that in all rooms I will never stay there again and you can blame it on the noisy long running fan. Also blow dryer didn’t work. Had to request another one. And a lightbulb right over full length mirror was out. You’d think housekeeping would see it every time they came in but no. Didn’t want to complain again. I’m really not a complainer and I seemed to be one here

Old fashion hotel nice service and excelent location
    • Classic Double Room

A man who worked there wanted to charge 20£ for the electricity transformator (since we had european phone chargers we had to borrow one from hotel) although we said we will give it back once we pick up the bags nefore we go to the airport. No need for that kind of talk, first of all we returned it and second why would we take it since we cant use it at home, and third charging 20£ for something that cost 2£ Not nice impresion

Helpful staff and very polite (young people who worked at the reception) Lobby of the hotel is so warm, with fireplace and sofa's .....great oldfashion style

English-style Boutique Hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The walls are a bit thin so you could easily hear noises outside

I’m not sure about other room types but the one I booked (i.e. the Deluxe) was quite big (with high ceiling) compared to other London hotels. Staff were friendly and helpful. Comfortable beds and good service.

Nice, but imperfect in a few details
    • Classic Double Room

Deficiencies are in the details: - the wall paper comes off at parts, - bathroom fan and air condition are very noisy - the bed was too soft - the (4) pillows were all the same, and this one model didn't work for me - the invoice had the wrong address and it took 10 minutes and 3 attempts to correct it

A charming property with a very pleasant overall appearance. The location is in a very quiet side street, yet super close to Marble Arch and Oxford street. The size of my (upgraded) room was very good and it offered the expected amenities.

The room was very very small, with a tiny bathroom and a...
    • Single Room with Shower

The room, it was way too small and not value for money.

The room was very very small, with a tiny bathroom and a shower that was not even in the bathroom. I'm sure they have bigger rooms but maybe felt as I was on my own that this would do. As someone who has to travel to London bi-weekly, I would prefer a bigger room where I can work and relax.

The hotel is very old and poorly refurbished, some of the...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The hotel is very old and poorly refurbished, some of the furniture was broken and you could hear people walking because of poor sound isolation and the floor making sounds

Not bad but the room came no where near our expectations for the price.
    • Classic Double Room

The furniture was old and tatty, the room had an unclean fusty feel to it and smelled of cigarette smoke so as non smokers very offensive to us, the view out the window was round the back of the hotel overlooking lower roofing so poor. We were told we had been upgraded at no extra cost so makes me wonder what the original room was like, we thought this upgraded room overpriced for what we paid.

Every member of staff excelled themselves to help us and make us feel welcome, the bathroom was nice.

Great hotel if you're not in a hurry to leave!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Ludicrous system at check out whereby I was asked to sit and wait while they checked the mini bar after asking if I'd used it. On refunding my £50 deposit after realising I had not used it, I was then asked to sign 2 pieces of paperwork 1 printed and then 1 hand written to say I had recieved it. Must be the slowest checkout system in London.

Older style hotel, warm, welcoming and close to Oxford street and Mayfair. Upgraded to a large room with 2 double beds for only an extra £15.

• Classic Double Room

Walls were very thin and we had noisy neighbours. Room was very warm even with the air conditioning on (which only seemed to recirculate air), so sleep was very broken. Also noisy neighbours woke us up. The room we had was dark and looked out over the back of the property.

The location is very good and close to restaurants/bars and major attractions. Staff were helpful and friendly. Room (comfort double) was large and had very good facilities. Room and bathroom very clean.

Cozy and warm hotel in a perfect place...

There was nothing.

The hotel is so nice and cozy, so it gives you a warm feeling. It is decorated and furnished in a classic English style. Besides, the place of it is perfect too. It is 5 minutes by walking to Oxford Street, Hyde Park and metro station Marble Arch.

Friendly & helpful staff ,clean bathrooms with toilet...
    • Single Room with Shower

Just small rooms & bathroom I think most of london hotels have the same problem

Friendly & helpful staff ,clean bathrooms with toilet hoses ,Great location surrounded with everything you will need & very nice classic English design lobby.

Classic hotel. Great location. Good value for money.
    • Classic Double Room

Elevator only serves up to 4th floor. I've got room on 5th floor and had to climb the narrow & spiralling stairs with luggage bags.

Location is so near to Marble Arch station and Oxford Street

Staff nice, need to sort out the heating
    • Classic Double Room

The room was freezing with no working heating. I was too exhausted on first night to complain and slept fully dressed. The bathroom was freezing with no solution being offered,

Breakfast was excellent

Very disappointed
    • Classic Double Room

The deluxe room was not as advertised on website, the bed was terrible, the bathroom had loose floor tiles, the breakfast in the room was incorrect, and had to be replaced. The TV in the room didn't work, when I called for assistance the staff member was trying to fix for over half hour, and still not working. No replacement, no refund, I did expect more from my stay, very disappointed indeed.

The staff were helpful.

All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Room

No decent light for reading in either room.

All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We got upgraded to a suite with kitchenette, which was very spacious, and the location is exceptional.

The couch was terribly uncomfortable.
    • Classic Double Room

Everything could have been better aside from the doormen.

The couch was terribly uncomfortable. You sank toward the back of couch. The faucet leaked, the temperature could not be controlled properly in the room. Either too hot, or too cold. The bed was very hard as were the pillows. It was very difficult to arrive at your room, i.e. the corridors were very narrow and they wove around up and down stairs.

Extremely friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Some rooms are a bit outdated (Suite 44). Suite 32 has a nice bathroom but the other rooms are filled with furniture on every square meter. No space for luggage.

Extremely friendly staff.

an excellent location and suite space was good except only...
    • Grand Suite

the hotel charged the room charge twice on my credit card and the hotel denies and they said its not showing their system and till now no money back

an excellent location and suite space was good except only one bathroom

Enjoyed the overnight stay, will use again for short stay, Very pleasant staffs.
    • Classic Double Room

guess i'll have to say the view- just another London street

lobby was ridiculously beautiful, especially as it was Xmas, it felt like a luxury home away from home. Just chilling with friends sipping fine Scottish single malt whiskey after dinner- sublime

Very comfortable and enjoyable.
    • Classic Double Room

I had to complain (twice) one night about some noisy people in the room above, it would have been nice if someone had made a point of speaking to us about it.

Love the decoration, it’s very warm and cosy. Room was fantastic, very big with a beautiful bedroom.

Nice hotel.. Perfect location

The lift is small and only reach to the 4th floor We were in the fifth

The location is extraordinary The room was clean and large Small but Cozy lobby

Room in Hotel was missarable.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was far too small on the fifth floor. The lifts only gaine you access to the 4th floor leaving you to take the stairs to the 5th. Very poor explained to the staff about a knee replacent this was ignored .We will not use this hotel for future visits .

It was a favarable location

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

See above - I will be back!

Can't think of anything

The staff were amazing. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was dealt with at once. I came to do Christmas shopping and left feeling that I had had a holiday where I had been totally cosseted.. the rooms were fine the bed was very comfortable, the hotel was quiet and peaceful - what more could you want?

Bad experience
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Being a frequent traveller, I will rate this facility from two side, (1) my personal experience, and (2) direct observation. - location: excellent location, very close to the Marble Arch and Oxford street. - Facility: very nice facility (design wise), but poorly maintained. Very old furniture in the lobby and rooms. - Front desk: nice people - Room: relatively good size, when compared with other London hotels in downtown. The room has small kitchenette with some basic cutleries. The hot water kettle was old, not clean and need replacement.   We were provided with a sofa bed, which was very uncomfortable.  - Restaurant: didn't use - TV: was not working for 3 days. Connection problem. - Cleanness: although we evelauate any hotel facility based on location, services and hospitality, Cleanness remains the most important factor for any hotel. Any customer can forgive any shortfall in any service but not to enjoy and use a clean facility. I can say that this was the worst experience I ever had with a cleanness in any hotel I have been to. (I am attaching some pictures). My first night, I found the bed sheets and pillow covers never been changed with hair all over. Upon asking them to change the sheets and pillow covers, I discovered that the pillows (not the covers) are very dirty with bodily secretions all over. I was not sure how managemt would allow to keep such dirty pillows in circulation. Also, bathroom towels were very old and passed thier lifespan and need to be replaced. I feel bad for such a wonderful facility to be poorly managed like that. I will definitely not use this facility again as there are many better options in the same neighbourhood.

Despite the negative comments I would gladly stay at this hotel again
    • Classic Double Room

The price, I did not want to buy the hotel, the price has increased by more than 75% since my last stay The food has increased in price, and breakfast has to be paid for separately which is an additional cost not taken into consideration when booking the hotel The TV Sky box was not working on arrival, it took circa 30 minutes and two staff to sort this out

The staff were friendly and helpful, I have used this hotel on several occasions I have stayed in the Leonard with my wife and daughter and here partner and we have always liked the way we were treated

Fabulous location, room and staff!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The housekeeping standards slipped after day 5 and we were staying for 11 nights. We had to speak to the concierge to get it up to standard once again.

Room was a fantastic size for two people. Especially as rooms are small in London. Close to the tube, Oxford Street. Everything you need is in close proximity.

It’s an excellent hotel.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Occasionally the floor above my room squeaked when people staying up there moved about.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and professional- they basically helped me with everything. There’s a restaurant/bar to chill out; nice decoration as well. Great location - it’s in central London and very close to the tube station.

Great location and helpful staff.

Tatty room

Great location and staff were very helpful. Room was large and bed was very comfortable. Public rooms very nice, relaxed and informal. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice. Our superior room could do with a refurbishment as a bit tatty, skirting falling off, bathroom sink cracked, light in shower not working and paintwork in bathroom poor. For the price not really good enough. Having said this would certainly consider staying here again as location and staff overshadowed the small negatives.

Small quiet hotel with good service in very central location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There is no buffet breakfast (a la carte menu). The food served for breakfast was overall very good but the staff despite being very helpful and kind is not very efficient with order taking and serving. In my opinion the room was too much perfumed. Not everybody appreciates such smells, specially in 4 star hotels.

Location of this hotel is great for Oxford Street shopping and for Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park (http://hydeparkwinterwonderland.com). Two minutes’ walk from Marble Arch station. Room we had was big, clean and quiet. Fantastic beds with loads of pillows. All the staff working at breakfast room, restaurant, reception and by the main door is helpful, polite and kind. I think this is one of few small hotels in this area, no crowds rushing by up and down with shopping bags all the time. Fantastic coffee and freshly squeezed juice at breakfast. And the breakfast is served from 7 to 11 which is appreciated. Also afternoon tea is served every day and it is great!

Will come back
    • Grand Suite

Bathroom amenities very poor, only sower gel and shampoo and far from enough for 5 pax, you can ask for more but with this kind of Hotel it should be in the room from the beginning. BerniTroll World🌎Wide Travel Experience

This is a good Hotel, friendly staff and good location. Suite was good for us 5. You have a restaurant in the lower part witch is ok. I will come back to this Hotel when next in London. BerniTroll World🌎Wide Travel Experience

Very neat n cosy hotel in good loacation for West End. Would re-visit and recommend
    • Classic Double Room

Room a tad dark (for Mrs to "put her 'face' on" )

Didn't take B'fast. Had very late meal one evening, which was good. Staff very accommodating and pleasant . Nice homely feel to the hotel and not too big. Comfortable room (suite) and bed. Feather pillow :).

Not sure if I would stay again
    • Single Room with Shower

We had an unclean shower and the single rooms were located next to the lift certainly not worth the price we paid. Dinner was very disappointing and the whole experience caused us to complain.

Our complaint was resolved quickly when we approached reception and the staff very apologetic and helpful, we were given alternative rooms and the staff moved all our belongings for us.

Excellent location, very friendly and helpful staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom was in need of an overhaul as the tiles around the bath were damaged and grout missing. The painteork was chipped and not clean. The coving was flaking and in need of repainting

The staff were very helpful

Upsetting
    • Classic Double Room

Eventhough I paid at the check in , my bank account was also charge with a 100.00 pounds as a deposit for any extras . They told me the money would be released in 48 hours after the check out . I have never encountered a situation at a hotel where one has to leave a deposit . Not happy with this .

Overall a pleasurable experience
    • One-Bedroom Suite

It is a tad expensive. The staff whiles check in could have been more friendly and could have guided me better to charge my credit card in GBP and not Indian Rupees. I believe I was mislead on this issue.

Overall, the stay was very good. The location is excellent and the property is very clean.

Good location.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Got the room facing the street. It was noisy. Also, because of the old structure, you can really hear noises from the room above you.

Good location. The staff was quite nice to allow me to early check-in.

Conveniently located for a brief visit to London
    • Classic Double Room

location is excellent with good transport links nearby. What makes The Leonard special is it perfectly located for business or pleasure. Nearby restaurants, pubs and shops keeps your time in a taxi to a minimum. Want to shop? You can skip to Oxford St. I especially liked Hyde Park being within a few blocks allowing an escape from the crowds. The hotel interior is a bit dated, but the price appears to cover that sufficiently.

At once luxurious and cozy.
    • Classic Double Room

Lovely place to stay. The room was luxurious and yet comfortable, very quiet, with lots of thoughtful, modern extras and a cozy and unique decor. The hotel has great character on the whole, and is yet modern and elegant. Very close to Marble Arch tube station and all the great restaurants and cafes of Marylebone. Staff was excellent and welcoming. Breakfast was very good with warm, cheerful service. Loved staying here and will definitely return.

Very nice
    • Classic Double Room

We said the mini bar wasn't used, but they didn't trust us and went and checked anyway which was very untrusting.

Nice relaxed atmosphere, very comfortable bed, friendly staff

Very nice
    • Classic Double Room

The first room (#12). It needs a total make-over!

First we were placed in an poorly-colored room (dark colored wall paper and floors) but when we requested to be in a bright colored room (#21) we were lucky and placed in a much better room but we had to wait for 2 hours for cleaning. It was worth it, but we had to pay little extra.

OK, but not great
    • Deluxe Double Room

(1) Value for money, even though we got an upgrade. (2) 4 steep stairs in the corridor leading to our room. (3) There was no place to put the kettle due to the location of the sockets - we used the floor.

We got an upgrade

Staying one day at the leonard
    • Classic Double Room

I did not like the cleanliness of the room, the bed sheets and the towels, some you can clearly see the stains in it The corridors are to narrow can fit only one person and al ot of steps up and down

I liked the location of the hotel which is near to oxford's street I liked the size of the room and the toilet facilities

Wi fi
    • Classic Double Room

-Bed too old -You can hear everything in the hotel from the room -Room to small -no lift -phone is not working in the room -closet without shelfs !!! -

Wi fi Location

Not a great place to stay, needs refurbishment all over
    • Deluxe Double Room

I was allocated a horrible room at the basement, did not have natural light at all as windows were blocked with some sticking vinyl apart from being really deep down, the carpet was horribly old and dirty as well as all the furnishing. The next day I was given a room on the 5th floor, at least it has light and a view but carpets and furnishings were also dirty and old, the room was big and the bathroom was fine

Only the location

There are much better hotels in the immediate vicinity at this price
    • Single Room with Shower

The room was tiny, overcrowded with stuff and far too hot, even with a window open (I hate sleeping in air-conditioned rooms, it gives me a sore throat). On the second day i found that my coffee mug had not been washed, the coffee sachets had not been replaced, nor the toiletries. The duvet was tucked under the mattress, which means as soon as i tug it out ( in order to get into bed) it pulls the sheet out with it and I have to practically make the bed again myself. A regular complaint from me - I cannot understand why hotels do this. The breakfast was hit and miss: on the first morning i asked for a simple bacon sandwich and it arrived with toasted bread and on the second morning I was initially told they dont make sandwiches in the morning and then it came cut into 4 with each quarter skewered. Presumably the chef felt then need to justify the £12 price tag. Which is, quite frankly, daylight robbery.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. I liked the decor. I was able to check-in early. I was able to open my room windows. Coffee making facilities in the room. And free water

Bad experience
    • Classic Double Room

They give me a room in the fifth floor and the lefts go only for the forth floor. I booked a double bed they had gave me a room with two single beds joined together

disappointed
    • Single Room with Shower

bedroom and bathroom dirty. room needs a face lift. I was above kitchen so I could hear fan and smells from the kitchen. staff ask how first when I explain not happy. staff said that what all single rooms are like.

putting in feather pillows for me. staff lovely.

Very good in general
    • Classic Double Room

Bed soft and not comfortable, rooms are small, conecting door with the next room with no lock or key.

Location , staff , internet, Water hose with a small shower next to the toilet seat in the bathroom

A friendly mini palace off Oxford Street
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The continental breakfast had decline in quality slightly compared to my first visit three years ago but was still good value.

Excellent palatially furnished hotel just around the corner from Marble Arch and Oxford Street. For the second time in three visits I was upgraded (this time to a suite). Unlike most London hotel rooms, you actually have room to move and there is the feeling that you are getting actual value of money thanks to the quality of decor and fittings. Helpful and friendly staff.

I prefer to sleep on the street rather than sleep in palace which has thieves
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The housekeeper stole £300 from my bag, and the hotel manager promises me that he will solve this situation with in 2 days, but the didn't call me until now.it is not acceptable to be stolen from a 5 stars hotel where you pay almost £290 per day.

Very nice hotel in wonderful location, however some of the furnishings and facilities need updating!
    • Classic Double Room

The bedside lamps only gave light on and above the wall behind them. It was impossible to use them for reading in bed. Coffee facilities: not properly arranged in one spot, i.e. kettle and cups in one location, tea and coffee in another. Cord of kettle so short that one had to crouch down on the floor to plug it in. This - for people over 80 like us - was most difficult and uncomfortable!

Staff were very helpful and efficient. Atmosphere cosy and and comfortable. Food excellent.

Loved the ornate details of this room.
    • Classic Double Room

Location wasn't as convenient as other places, but the tube was easy to use.

Loved the ornate details of this room. Queen sized bed was wonderful for couple after a long day of travel.

Quaint hotel in top London location!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The photos online were a little deceptive, the decor & the furniture in the room was dated which wasn't what I expected & a bit disappointing. Having said that, the bed was extremely comfortable & the suite was spacious.Hey darling, not going away this wknd now. Can u & Court come up Sat 4 the nite?

Location Size of the suite Cafe across the road Friendliness & helpfulness of the staff Quaint & traditional London hotel

Check-in / Check-out easy and quick.
    • Classic Double Room

Our room was on the 5th floor and the elevator reaches only the 4th floor, we had to use the stairs from the 4th floor. the room was small and the wall was slanted

Check-in / Check-out easy and quick. .Great location steps from Oxford Street and the metro station the view was good.

Great place to stay. Wouldn't hesitate to return.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Old property, so I was able to lie in bed and monitor the movements of the person/s in the room above by the floor board creaks emanating through the ceiling. He / she got up early.

The food was delicious and the ALL staff extremely welcoming and genuinely so. Room well appointed.

Just lovely
    • Classic Double Room

Lots odf little steps here and there throughout the building - however, it was built in 1780 so its to be expected that there will be a few "quirks" - so, if you book and you need specific access make sure you contact them to be sure of where your room is - otherwise it just adds to the character of the stay.

Excellent staff - a warm welcome after a very long journey. Our room wasn't ready (we arrived earlier than expected) however, we left our cases and were pointed in the direction of some great restaurants for lunch. When we returned our bags were already in our room.

Great Staff; Shame About the Breakfast
    • Classic Double Room

Sadly the shabbiness of the place is begining to out-run the chic and I struggle to remember a less comfortable hotel bed in all my years of travelling. DO NOT fork out the additional cost for breakfast; ours was distinctly unappetising and took an age to arrive (On the 2nd morning another guest had to get up and leave before his food emerged from the kitchen). There are a few pretty good places to get a much more appealing breakfast within a short walk, including the delightfully quirky Daisy Green just over the road.

This place is in an excellent location and as other reviewers have pointed out, has an air of a family concern that gives it far more appeal than some of the antiseptic chain hotels that come in at around the same (Pretty expensive) price. The staff are among the most welcoming and friendly I have encountered in a London Hotel; undobtedly the Leonard's principle asset, they are crying out for a bit of hands-on management and direction to turn something distinctly average into what could be something wonderful.

Browse The Leonard Hotel traveller photo gallery