Reviews of The Manor House At Celtic Manor 4 stars

Coldra Woods, Newport, NP18 1HQ, United Kingdom

#12 of 27 hotels in Newport

• Manor Standard Double

Great value for money - lovely room with big comfy bed and lovely bathroom. Breakfast at the Cen restaurant was wonderful, lots of nice food to choose from. Gym and pool were also good and all staff were very helpful. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Manor Standard Double

Decor outdated and old, in our room the wallpaper was coming off the wall, enamel had worn off on the bath so looked grotty. In the general the room was just really tatty.

The only thing going for them was the pleasant staff.

• Manor Standard Twin

Reception staff were a bit surly, really didn’t want to interact with new guests. The hotel’s decor in the corridors was really quite tired poorly lit and not what I’d have expected for a hotel of its self proclaimed importance.

The location was good as I was doing business in the city.

• Manor Deluxe King Room

We arrive very late and the parking was up a long hill about 500 years! No foot path and no lighting so it’s very dangerous. Room was very dusty and very outdated

It’s location and the building

• Manor Standard Twin

No Hot water in our room and air condtioning did not work, which made the room very hot and stuffy (27 deg c)

The hotel is very bright and airy. The quality of the food at breakfast was superb.

• Manor Deluxe King Room

The olive tree restaurant continues to go downhill. Two members of taff were so poor in their service that a back street cafe would cringe. The buffet selection isn’t what it once was yet the price is still a High one

The hotel, as many times before, delivers a good location and comfortable rooms with a great leisure club

• Manor Standard Double

Corridors were untidy (empty bottles left outside rooms for the duration of our stay)and looked 'tired' e.g lots of empty picture hooks, damaged walls etc. Room was very dark. Drinks overpriced.

Friendly, helpful staff. Great access to lovely facilities. Beautiful grounds. Lovely food inc. buffet breakfast

• Manor Standard Family Room

The room was very warm and the bathroom did not seem to have an extractor fan, even though there were no windows. No hairdryer in the room and had to ring down for the sofa bed to be made on our return in the evening as this had not been done.

The room was very spacious. The breakfast was lovely. Lots of different activities for children.

• Manor Standard Double

Parking cost between £5 and £15. Not aware of this when booking. Long walk to car park.

No mini bar? Door screwed shut in all Manor House Rooms? No drinking water to make tea etc in room. Breakfast cold.

• Manor Standard Double

There was no slippers in the room and the biscuit packet was open with only 1 biscuit. Also a golf tee on the floor.

Ideal place to stay. Friendly staff and amazed at the connection to the lobby from the manor house

• Manor Standard Family Room

The fact I paid for a family room and phoned down for bedding for the sofa bed three times which didn’t get sorted and ended up 3 if us in a bed could have saved myself £70 by booking a double room if I’d known this would happen. Receptionist in morning wasn’t interested as I booked through booking .com

• Manor Standard Double

Not ideal for business traveller, waiting times, service times, transport times, walk from the car park, walk from the room to facilities / car park to far (plus you had to pay for car parking) As a business traveller time is generally against you, so I generally want easy access, quick turnaround service. As it was a resort hotel and it was busy you ended up falling into line at the pace as those on 'holiday'. Plenty of choice regarding restaurants, all were a little over priced (one served a mix grill at £72 ..... not idea for those on travelling expense budgets). The resort even had a pompous, condescending concierge, not what you want when you have driven 300 miles, the resort postcode did not take you to the location and signage around the resort was poor (too small) to enable easy navigation ..... all in all .... very nice but wont be staying again

Big resort hotel, plenty to do, wide range of facilities & restaurants

• Manor Standard Double

The fittings were tired (windows didn't fit the frames well). Car park has been moved from next to the Manor House, to the other side of the resort hotel, which is a long walk with bags. No food in the Manor House, so had to go up to the Resort Hotel to eat. Service in Merlins was slow, and no tea or coffee at breakfast. Disappointing really.

Room was good, upgraded to 4 poster room.

• Manor Deluxe King Room

no carpark near the manor, we were not told the manor carpark was closed. i have walking problems and very stressed to get to the hotel, thought there would have been a lift too many stairs for me. when we finally got to the room it was freezing cold, in fact my partner slept in the robe provided. to top all that it is £15.00 to park and the road up the main manor hotel is atrocious with huge pot holes. we won't be staying again.

big bed

• Manor Standard Double

There was no entertainment on the night we stayed. Car parking fees were confusing.

Room was clean and had everything in it that was needed. Elemis soaps and gels, free safe and great Welsh teas and coffee bags. The breakfast was delicious with good choice of both cold and hot food.

• Manor Standard Twin

When booking with a 9-year old, I'd expect to be located in a quiet part of the property - not the noisiest. Our room directly overlooked a patio outside the convention centre meaning an enthusiastic crowd of party-goers were three feet below our window until late in the evening. Asked to be moved but no rooms available. Luckily my son is a heavy sleeper but when you specify kids' ages at time of booking you expect a bit of common sense.

A twin room in the Manor for £120 with access to the rest of the resort felt like very good value. Dinner at The Grill was good, as was breakfast. Great setting and plenty to do.

• Manor Standard Twin

There were no bar staff after 11PM in the small bar we were in. Despite this, at other bars in the resort they were serving drinks until the early hours. We were disturbed by drunken members of a group at 3am, 4am and 5am. So the staff served them but failed to ensure they returned to their rooms quietly. We called the concierge, as did at least one other person, as the people were banging on each other's doors and shouting in the corridor of what is normally a quiet part of the hotel.

Good Breakfast, good room amenities

• Manor Standard Twin

The room was very very dusty,only one chair and no table in the room if you wanted a drink or breakfast in the room,and no parking at the manor luckily it was a beautiful day to walk back.Most of the staff were friendly but one girl on reception wasn't very inviting at all in fact she was quite rude. Breakfast at the Cen was tasty but not warm at all.

The bed and pillows were comfortable and the fridge was handy,nice deco.

• Manor Standard Double

It was something that they couldn't really help as it concerns the behaviour of another guest. When I got out of the lift onto the floor where my room was, immediately I could smell weed. It got stronger as I came towards my room, when I found my room and realised it was the room opposite mine. Their door was open slightly and the smell was disgusting. Thankfully the smell did not come through under the door into my room, but in the morning to go to breakfast, I could smell weed on my clothes and in my freshly washed hair; it was SO strong. I did mention this to the lovely lady on the front desk, who was apologetic yet visibly angry with that guest for ruining other guests experience. I gave the room number for them to deal with after I had gone.

I have stayed at both Coldra Court and The Resort, and I really liked The Manor. As a disabled guest, parking outside was brilliant and my ticket was free. Bed was huge and very comfy! Bathroom was gorgeous and modern, with Elemis toiletries that smelt lush. Their own blend of coffee (2 types) are smooth and delicious for a coffee connoisseur. The room was very clean, with bed already turned down for me. The TV had a good amount of channels. Robes and slippers provided in the wardrobe, luggage rack. The lady on the front desk was very helpful, approachable and friendly.

• Manor Standard Double

You have to pay for parking your car. £15 a day in the underground car park or £5 in the outdoor car park. I have coeliac and I had informed them but the only option was a gluten feee roll. On Monday we had to walk over to the olive tree for our breakfast and had to wait in a queue for almost 15-20 mins! And the options there were not much better for GF. I guess I won’t be staying there again.

The location was great. Staff very very nice. Couldn’t do enough to for you.

• Manor Deluxe King Room

The room was very dated and old fashioned. The hair dryer looked like it had been there for at least 20 years. Would recommend staying in the main hotel for pretty much the same price as to rooms are much more modern, as are the amenities. The room was also freezing when we arrived and unless you slept with the heating on it was extremely cold in the morning.

It was ideally located with lots of facilities - the spa and golf courses were great.

• Manor Standard Double

£15 extra for parking not advertised. Check in said they would take the money off the compulsory £50 deposit from credit card (as asked) but did not and I had to rearrange this in the morning. Room no better in comfort and facilities to much cheaper.

• Manor Standard Double

No free car parking. Need to carry luggage up & down stairs.

Spacious both in the room and in public areas. Air conditioning was most effective and contributed to an excellent nights sleep

• Manor Standard Double

The quite strenuous walk and escalator use between the Manor House and the main hotel. Cost of food and drinks, especially wine, was somewhat over the top.

The facilities in the main section of the hotel was first rate, but hard work going backwards and forwards from the Manor House.

• Manor Deluxe King Room

We could not order drinks to our room after 1am on a Saturday night.

Bed comfort was excellent and a bath was immense experience.Room service and drinks were perfect. . Quality of the food was perfect, restaurant on 6th floor is top top rating. I recommend steak with chicken liver on top.

• Manor Standard Twin

The restaurant prices were high - buffet at £35 not including drinks was too expensive and the car park at £15 as well. The outside car park at £5 was too far in the pouring rain! But car parking should be free outside for guests and inside £5 would have been enough.

The pool facility was excellent

• Manor Standard Double

Tissue in the windows stain in the bath and separate Jacuzzis for men and women and the swimming pool looked like the titanic had just crashed there were people everywhere price on food was astronomical the car park was very far although did provide shuttle

Decor was lovely and staff

• Manor Standard Double

£15 for parking!!. Still find this a bit of a cheek to be honest...

Always stay at the resort, but the manor house was amazing. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast was amazing. Was fantasic that we could use all facitilies. Definatly be booking again

• Manor Standard Double

The toilet was broke. The flusher literally came off into my hand and we couldn’t use it. Reception was no help as no one answered! Split Beds, which split during the night. Below average breakfast. People were queuing for ages with little hot food being replenished. No one attending to people knocking on doors Bad customer service, no call back from the hotel. I have chased, I really would expect better.

We’ve stayed at Celtic Manor a number of times but or last stay before this was disappointing and this recent one was even worse. The main hotel is brilliant for the Buzz and Manor House for something more intimate.

• Manor Standard Double

Key cards messed up about 8times messing up some very nice Bonding times and also making things more uncomfortable. The parking was horrible and at £5 a day it should have been included in staying at the facility. Any food or drink was generally over priced for what it was. There were food trays left out for over a day along the halls. Each brakefast at cen was Luke warm or cold so didn't enjoy that.

I think the only two things I enjoyed were the steem room and the stake I had, some of the staff were nice aswell.

• Manor Standard Double

parking was not included £15 per night. was hassle getting in and out of. had to go back to recption 3 times to get my car out... would be nice if they offered a parking service since they charge so much for it. was asked to go to another reception in another building to collect room card as machine wasn't working in our. surely they would just run one over for you. staff on desk wasn't happy and was trying his best not to make it an easy check-in. left after first night even though I paid for 2 as I didn't want to want to stay there any more.

pretty grounds. decent room.

• Manor Standard Double

Cannot understand why the hotel charges £15 a night for parking! We were shocked when we arrived, especially as there was plenty of parking available. (Although I checked my booking and we were informed of this). Never had to pay for hotel parking before!

The Forum spa and swimming pool was excellent. The pool was open until 10pm so we were able to use it when it was really quiet. Loved the ladies only jacuzzi and sauna.

• Manor Standard Double

Your team are mainly amazing, I even had someone call me twice last week to make sure I’d found my car keys from the previous week. Exceptional service. The only negative experience I’ve had is from a surly, slightly unpleasant receptionist at the Manor House on Monday 2nd April between 9 - 9.30pm. At best her manner and greeting was rude and definitely didn’t represent you well or make me feel welcome after a 3 hr drive. C’est la vie..... but a rubbish experience after being really well looked after and feeling so positive about my visit!

• Manor Deluxe King Room

There was a lack of beds is the Forum Spa with many beds being 'reserved' with towels. Unfortunately our room was next to a corridor door which opened very loudly, unfortunately this resulted in being woken up a few times in the night.

The majority of the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, the seating areas around the hotel were lovely and comfortable. The hotel was immaculately clean. We ate in the Cen restaurant which was a lovely experience great food and service. The breakfast was delicious, the Welsh cakes were amongst the nicest I've ever tasted.

• Manor Standard Twin

Friendly helpful staff and real character, care and thoughtful touches throughout the hotel, + a fantastic late, late bar with food loads of space and comfortable massive sofas! It's a real Winner.

• Manor Deluxe King Room

The Manor House is the ugly duckling. You feel like you've been chucked in there. Service on reception abysmal. Dated and in need of complete renovation. Not what you expect for £365 for 2 nights.

The main resort was impressive.

• Manor Standard Double

Minor point, but the carpets are looking a bit worn in some communal areas of the manor house.

Beautiful setting, like entering a little city. Food was wonderful, facilities were brilliant and room was fabulous.

• Manor Standard Double

The parking was expensive considering what you pay to stay, its a really big hotel which isnt too bad but wouldnt be good for someone who struggled walking.

Pool was lovely, service was amazing, breakfast was perfect and the bed was super comfortable. Would highly recommend.

• Manor Standard Double

We stayed in the coldra for a nectar night and went into book the restaurant (the rib) for that evening however it was booked up till late so decided to order room service. I ordered the chicken curry and my girlfriend ordered the pea and mint soup, the whole stay was nice however the food was rather poor the curry didn’t taste of curry it tasted like pasta sauce and the soup tasted of mushy peas. We didn’t finish the meals , the whole stay was lovely however I would not recommend the food.

The facilities and room couldn’t be faulted

• Manor Deluxe King Room

Run out of hot water (apparently boiler problems). Heating went off. Staff unhelpful and unable to get guest services on the phone. Fridge in room but empty and unable to get a bottle of water.

Although big you are able to walk from one location to another under cover (underground)

• Manor Standard Twin

Vent not working in the bathroom so when we had showers; everything in the room got steamed up; but other than that; great stay.

Staff very friendly and room very clean

• Manor Standard Double

Receptionist at the Manor House was very sullen. Corridors looking a little shabby & wine/beer bottles left in corridor as well as a cot. Food in the Celtic Manor overpriced & not great quality, staff in the Olivetree saying “I’ll see if we have a table available” when the restaurant was clearly half empty! Cobwebs from the chandeliers in the Celtic Manor bar area.

Leisure facilities of the adjoining Celtic Manor were brilliant

• Manor Standard Double

You HAVE to pay for car parking. The underground one is £15 per night but provides access directly into the hotel. The outdoor ones are £5 for the night. These are some distance away, (3 minutes walk) but substantially further (5 minutes plus -mostly through the hotel) if you are staying at the Manor House. 20 minutes free parking to drop off at Manor House is all that is allowed. Restaurant food is quite expensive. WI fi was a bit onerous to register, but as only staying one night it didn't matter. This isn't an easy place to find, despite its prominence, and more explicit travel instructions could be provided All in all the downsides are trivial compared to the overall overwhelmingly positive experience

We stayed here last year and the fact we wanted to stay again following a visit to nearby Newport indicates we were pleased first time round. As it was mid week, after mothers day and before Easter, this meant a very good room rate. Swimming pool very good. Comfortable bed room. Nice restaurants and bars. Extensive grounds. Probably the best breakfast we have ever had in the many hotels we have stayed at

• Manor Standard Double

Having to pay for parking seems pretty cheeky.

All the staff members we spoke to were very helpful and courteous, making sure all our questions were answered. The hotel was great.

• Manor Standard Double

Pillows lumpy need more signage charges for parking when already paid a significant room rate room was cold no instructions for heating unit

Bed was very large

• Manor Standard Double

Some people may struggle with the distances between the various areas of the resort but we actually enjoyed the exercise.

Whole experience was excellent. Check in staff were really welcoming and gave us all the information we needed for our stay. Health Club facilities were a real bonus. Room was exactly as we expected and Elemis toiletries a real treat in bathroom. Parking in underground car park, whilst chargable, meant we could load/unload our luggage without getting rained on.

• Manor Standard Twin

The only let down was the temperature in the room. The fan was set to maximum cool and the window open. It was -2deg outside but still far too hot in the room.

Great room, great environment and great facilities. Breakfast was exceptional

• Manor Standard Double

Old fashioned decor, telephone in room didn’t work and received no assistance after asking reception. TV in the room switch off and on by itself, staff were very unbuthered looked like they hated their jobs. As Wales isn’t very diverse, I wondered if the staff were cold towards me because of my race or because they just hated being there. Either way, I Shiism this have felt uncomfortable for £180 per night. Worst hotel experience ever and I will never return.

• Manor Standard Twin

Oh where do I start. As a female traveller I arrived here late one evening having been bumped from the sister resort I had booked at. Despite there being car parking spaces available directly next to the Manor House, I was advised that the permissible area to park in was up a hill, which would have then involved me waiting for a shuttle bus to get me back to the hotel or a walk in the dark down a country lane. Not going to happen especially after arriving there after a day's work. Then it was a slow and protracted check-in while my booking couldn't be found, then a walk up a stairway, down a corridor, into a lift and another walk along deserted corridors to a room on the 4th floor - all while hoiking my suitcase, handbag, dress on a coathanger along with me. Looking forward to relaxing in a bath, I quickly discovered the room had no bath plug - arghhhh. Then came the really kind Sophie from housekeeping, whose apologies and pleasant calm manner actually managed to change my mood. I was about to scream! She even found a bath plug from the store and got it working. Next morning it was the walk along corridor after corridor and then lifts to get to the main resort. And then on getting back to the room to check out the key didnt work and I had to trug all the way down to the Manor House reception through corridors, up and down stairs and all the way back to the room with a working key. Frankly would I recommend this hotel - no

The one and only positive part of my stay at this hotel was the super customer service I received from one member of housekeeping Sophie Edwards. She was polite, cheerful and despite a number of things being wrong in the room, went out of her way to try and fix them as much as possible. Breakfast in the main resort is varied and generous

• Manor Standard Double

£12 per night car park. Manor House is a tech from car park. Didn’t allow guests to use nearby car park so forcing higher cost. No heating other than oil radiator in room. Bedriom sim. Bitten by something in bed. No lift from 1st floor to reception. Excessively priced food. List goes on.

Handy to get too

• Manor Standard Twin

Spotted a glass beer bottle on the grass bank whilst making my way from the outside car park to the hotel; dirty dishes outside rooms for some time; bags of rubbish in corridors and om a table opposite the 3rd floir lift; had to ring housekeeping for more toilet paper(!) and the receptionist on our departure was extremely unfriendly (when all other staff had been great!); not keen on the lightly cooked bacon and small chubby sausages at breakfast time. This must appear awful but I still love the hotel and will happily return time and time again! Would worry more about visitors' perceptions from outside Wales. Thanks.

Comfortable bed, lovely atmosphere, Mulberry Bar.

• Manor Standard Double

. I still find that some of the senior male staff are surly and arrogant however!

I’ve had many poor experiences with the quality of service at Celtic manor, but have continued to use it because of the convenience and last minute value for money. However, credit where credit is due - after checking in to a rather pokey room I asked if there was anything a bit larger as I was there for two days and had work to do in the room. The girls on reception at the Manor could not have been more helpful and accommodating; they were a credit to CM.

• Manor Standard Twin

I think the steam rooms should be in the main pool area and not single in dressing rooms mixed like the Sunna To enjoy as a family or couple Amazing time but cut short only had 4 hours there my partners mum had a stroke So we had to leave

• Manor Standard Double

Connecting door between the rooms not sound proof, sounded like the people from the other room were in with us. They were not being loud but every word spoken could be heard. Not good felt like we were eves dropping.

Provision for gluten free

• Manor Standard Double

Value for money would be appreciated a better variety of food and quality of service

Nothing. The restaurant we visited were very over priced the quality of the food was very very poor and cold dry and bland I would say McDonalds standard and Savoy prices. At breakfast the cups were mostly brown inside the fried egg was solid in the middle more like a joke egg than a real one a good Frisbee!!!

• Manor Standard Double

My room in the Manor House was cold and the heating didn't work very well at all. It was 18 degrees when I arrived, I set the temp to 23 and when I came back four hours later it was only 21! The heating fan was noisy and very little heat came out of the vents to warm the room.

Good low price compared to other local hotels and with better facilities.

• Manor Standard Double

Parking is now chartable (£5-£15) and too far away from the Manor house, this is not a workable solution for the Manor House reception which is too far to carry your luggage, either through the main house or down the very steep road. You need to register every device to use the WiFi which is a hassle. A service charge is applied (10%) to every transaction in the bar food areas which is unfair. So 50p on every pint! You can ask them to remove it.

The rooms are all refurbished, good size and nicely decorated.

• Manor Standard Double

Signage could be better - not obvious to navigate on arrival especially in the Manor House. Lift buttons not very clear either.

Size of the room was perfect

• Manor Standard Twin

We were on the 3rd floor of the Manor House and checked in at the Manor House Reception. There is no concierge service there and no lift to the first floor so we had to carry our bags up to the first floor before a lift became available. I had one wrist in plaster and my sister has mobility problems but there was no offer of assistance albeit that the reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful in other ways. Our room was comfortable but the fridge in there either didn't work or wasn't switched on. No bottled water was provided. The hotel was fully booked and by the time we tried to book a restaurant the only place available to eat on site was at Cen at 9.15pm. I would recommend that if you want to eat at a particular restaurant you book either before you arrive or as soon as you do. We had wanted to have a look around before deciding where to eat and never for a moment thought that it would be a problem. There were shuttle facilities to off site restaurants but we were staying at the resort for one night and wanted to enjoy that experience. We were served our starters in the restaurant quite quickly but then I think we were forgotten, or the staff could not cope with the numbers eating there that night and we were not offered our main course until 10.30pm - by which time we could not have eaten it so we just had a dessert. As a gesture of goodwill we did not have to pay for our wine, but that did not make up for the loss of the "experience" we were hoping to enjoy. The following morning, again in Cen, our buffet breakfast was cold. We mentioned it to our waitress who spoke to the manager. We saw him check the food and she returned to tell us that other than the mushrooms everything else was fine. He did not speak to us himself. All I can say is that our food was cold and we did not eat it. The plates provided were not hot; you did not have to use a napkin to hold them and perhaps that did not help.

Reception staff were welcoming,friendly and helpful. Visiting the resort is an experience. I have never stayed anywhere like it before. The leisure facilities were lovely but I do wonder if at busy times it might become a little crowded. (Having said that the gowns we were provided with were discoloured and grubby looking.) We were there at 7pm and many people were going to restaurants by then. The room we had in the Manor House was comfortable but not any more luxurious than other hotels we have stayed in in the area. The beds were comfortable.

• Manor Standard Double

Upon arrival our beds were 2 separate beds, wish should of been a double bed.. house keeping should of zipped them both together (which they didn’t) so we had a sleepless night due to the gap in between the 2 beds which in my opinion isn’t the best idea for a hotel of this size but it is what it is. The room we stayed in wasn’t the cleanest to be honest, woke up in the morning to a windowsill full of water and condensation covered windows with a dead insect on the windowsill only to be told ‘there’s not much we can do about that when it’s cold outside’ hmmm... ok...

Excellent staff on reception at the Manor House, loved the pool and spa facilities.

• Manor Standard Double

The car park is too far. Walking up the hill was not funny especially after breakfast.

The room was big and the bathroom was spacious. No noise. Staff were very helpful.

• Manor Standard Double

The manor house hotel is very tired and in need of some serious renovation, with the exception of the restaurant. Our room was well below my expectation.

The breakfast and resort spa are of a good quality.

• Manor Standard Double

Dirty dishes in the corridor all day. Other guests food left in the minibar fridge. Dirty extractor fan in the shower unit. The restaurants we wanted to use were closed or unavailable. Big disappointment.

Room facilities were pretty good. Breakfasts were excellent.

• Manor Standard Twin

In the room, it would have been good to have a mirror at the dressing table. At the end of the corridor there were trolleys with dirty trays (from people’s room service) which weren’t promptly cleared. Signage could have been clearer and more continuous to all aspects of the resort, as it is such a large hotel it is very easy to get lost (allow extra time if you have an appointment, just in case)! I feel that if you are a resident in the hotel then the car park should be free (included in the booking price), £15 a day seems to be excessive.

On arrival, friendly receptionist offered to zip our twin beds together which were very comfortable. Free spa toiletries in room. Also a spa robe so you could get changed in the comfort of your room, put on your robe then go to the spa. Towels provided at the spa. Good breakfast in the restaurant, fruit & yogurts, continental buffet, hot cooked buffet, toast and hot drinks served to your table. Health club and spa was very relaxing, good times for adult only swim, jacuzzi, steam room & sauna (not overcrowded). Manor House is linked to the main resort by lifts and escalators so no need to go outside (so going to spa in robe was no problem). We ate at sister hotel restaurant, Rib Smokehouse Grill as our first choice Cen’s wasn’t open.

• Manor Standard Double

The Manor House has gone down hill; stained carpets and walls, wallpaper peeling off, chipped and stained furniture - just felt extremely unpleasant. The breakfast was dreadful - couldn’t eat much.

Steak on Six is exceptional.

• Manor Standard Twin

Maybe the changing rooms in the spa being in the same space as the lockers because it was very busy.

Amazing hotel with great facilities, We would definitely stay again and use booking.com for that amazing value for money experience

• Manor Standard Family Room

Lack of signage from the car parks to the hotel

Fantastic family room which allowed the children's sleeping area to be 'curtained' off at bed time. Lovely features in lobby. Great food.

• Manor Standard Double

Not being told that the manor House was attached to the Main Celtic Manor, I arrived in the dark, parked in the out door car park , and i ended up walking back down the hill in the dark!....on my own...

Plenty of Friendly staff

• Manor Standard Double

Robes were meant to be in the room but we're not we did ask for them but nobody brought to the room. The hotel directory was also missing which made ordering room more difficult we had to the one in our friends room. Wouldn't normal expect to pay for parking in a hotel of this type but we did here the cheaper of the 2 car parks meant there was a fair walk to the manor house with no direct footpath to it. While breakfast was of good quality the staff didn't keep it well stocked had to wait for beans when they came the sauages ran out and the fried eggs could have been fresher.

For £80 a night it's what you would expect from a holiday express clean tidy and peaceful. Enjoyed the swimming pool even though it was a but of a walk to get there.

• Manor Standard Twin

Not enough direction signs to different areas of the complex

Option of two swimming pools, choice of bars and restaurants good, comfortable bedroom facilities

• Manor Standard Double

I stayed in the Manor Hotel and the signposting/directions to get you from the main Celtic Manor to the Manor was not very clear. My room had no chair, no room service menu and no information folder. I had to ask where and when breakfast was served. I spoke to reception and a chair eventually arrived as did a printed off version of the room service menu. I expected better of the Celtic Manor. The bar snack I had was OK - nothing special.

• Manor Standard Double

No room service menu, had to wait over an hour for it Breakfast was in the main hotel and I was in the manor so did not use Escalators back to main hotel to get to underground car park two were not working

• Manor Standard Double

Wifi in room was shocking I had emails to send couldnt get online at all, called reception twice with no solution not good at all

I stay away a lot in hotels and I must say the breakfast was the best ever even down to the lovely lady making the toast... well done keep it up

• Manor Standard Double

We arrived at 2am after returning from London after having our suitcase stolen from our car. We had absolutely nothing with us and the staff we very friendly and upgraded us and gave us the essentials. Excellent service!

• Manor Standard Double

Very very cold in the Manor reported to staff, and other guests asked to speak to management, ate evening meal with coats on,this has been an ongoing problem but has not been addressed by management who clearly do not listen to this issue. Also we were not informed at check in that breakfast would not be served in the dining room at the Manor.Breakfast at the main resort was not a problem we were taken by valet service but would have been nice to be aware of this before and to have allowed more time

Staff very helpful Breakfast very good