Reviews of The Marlborough Guest House

9.9

9.7

Enjoyable stay great hosts
    • Economy Double Room

It was a fantastic break for me and tracy loved everything about the Marlborough will be going back soon won't stay any where else now liked everything about this place

Mark and Jon the best thanks again

Lovely stay. Perfect for us and our grandaughters who were made to feel special and treated like peo
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The price is high through this site.

The hosts of this guest house are fabulous. Nothing is too much trouble. Went out of their way for the children and made us feel very welcome in their home. Freindliest and willing to please. Nice comfortable atmosphere and pretty decor.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Fabulous hosts
    • Triple/Twin Room

Mark and john were brilliant the rooms were lovely the beds comfortable the breakfast was really good all cooked fresh .we are definitely returning

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Excellent B & B
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

My granddaughter, her partner and 2 boys stayed, although I paid. All my comments are based on what do was told.Room, staff,

Room, staff, facilities, breakfast.

August 2018 birthday weekend
    • Economy Double Room

Me and my friend did a last minute booking to celebrate my birthday for 3 nights and were pleasantly surprised. Mark and Jon were very hospitable and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Their knowledge of the area was great as they helped us pick the best places to celebrate. The breakfast choice was incredibly vast and the quality of the food was impressive too. Overall out stay couldn't have been any better and we'd definitely stay here again! 🙂

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Mark and John were great hosts.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Mark and John were great hosts. They make you feel welcome from the moment you walk in to when you walk out the door. The room and bathroom were clean and the breakfast was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this hotel and even stay there again myself. Will definitely visit again.

John &Mark fantastic host.

John &Mark fantastic host. Carnt do enough for you. Very clean, comfortable. Home from home. Food excellent. Very good with children. They give 100 per cent to make sure your stay is an enjoyable experience. Give loads of information about where to go too.

What a super place to spend our anniversary

nothing!

Location ideal, just a few minutes walk from the front. The breakfast was beautifully cooked and plenty of other options too, cereals, toast, pastries, fresh fruits. John and Mark were great hosts, nothing was too much trouble.

Thoroughly enjoyable, you would have to go a long way to find a finer guesthouse.

Nothing not to like.

Superb hosts, nothing was too much trouble for them, top people. My room was bright, clean and comfy, Breakfast, simply excellent, choices for all.

A pleasant relaxing enjoyable stay.
    • Triple/Twin Room

I honestly can not fault the guest house or the owners. I liked everything about it.

The owners,Mark and John were so helpful and friendly. They recommended a fabulous restaurant for me and my son. My 14yr old son has Autism and Mark and John interacted with him brilliantly! My son even mentioned how good they were. He felt at ease,so relaxed. The breakfast was outstanding with plenty of choice. They loaned us buckets and spades during our stay. The guest house is in a perfect location for the seafront,town,park and amusements. The free parking permit was an added bonus. The room was spotless with everything we needed. We had a brilliant stay! Going back later in the year.

highly enjoyable stay would highly recommend

trying to find a parking space, but that's not the fault of the proprietor, just the way Gt Yarmouth is. did get a parking permit tho.

plenty of choice for breakfast, very clean throughout, very warm and welcoming

just great

nothing all wasfine

the owners were so willing to do anything for most welcoming would allways stay there when I go back great people thank you for a good time

Wonderful stay, hosts so friendly, in a great location.

Nothing at all

Wonderful hosts, I didn't want to leave!! Great breakfast. Everywhere spotlessly clean. Good location for town, beach and historic area.

Fabulous,
    • Triple/Twin Room

The guest house is lovely, Mark & John are so nice and accommodating, food is great, great location, we have stayed twice and loved it, everything is so close by, 100% recommend it

The Marlborough is a great place to stay and we would definitely visit again.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We had a brilliant stay at The Marlborough. Our family room with en suite was nicely decorated and impeccably clean. Tea and coffee facilities were provided along with a little fridge. The full English breakfast was amazing! Mark and John are really warm and friendly and make you feel at home straight away.

Fabulous time by the Seaside
    • Triple/Twin Room

Lovely well kept guest house in an ideal location for all amenities within Great Yarmouth. Mark and Jon were top notch hosts and couldn’t ask for more. Will definitely stay again.

Low cost with high standards, will always be my first choice from now on.
    • Triple/Twin Room

Handing the keys back to come home, wish we’d stayed longer

Mark and John are two of the nicest people you could meet, very polite and helpful and it seems notining is too much trouble for them, they make you feel welcome and make time to talk to you, the rooms and facilities are exceptional and you can tell they try to cater for everyone, at breakfast time on the fruit and cereal counter I noticed two bananas one yellow and one more ripe with darker softer skin!! You either like your banana one way or the other and this is a perfect example that they want to please everyone, the breakfast is out of this world and plenty of choice, they even pleased my son by catering to his needs, rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable, looking forward to going back, I can’t believe what you get for your money which isn’t breaking the bank either, thank you Mark and John, hope to see you both again soon.

Mark and Jon were really friendly and welcoming and made...
    • Economy Double Room

Mark and Jon were really friendly and welcoming and made sure we had a comfortable stay! The room was very clean and the breakfast was always yummy! I would stay there again.

One of the best b&b in Yarmouth
    • Economy Double Room

There's nothing not to like every thing was perfect

Everything a really comfortable bed first class breakfast and very easy going and welcoming great location would stay again

Comfort and safety at the forefront of my experience.

I have to say that the entire experience had been an experience that makes me return to this establishment. The owners are very friendly and welcoming. The bedroom has everything you need. The bathroom / shower in my room was very clean and had all I needed for a comfy stay. The breakfast was well cooked and the coffee served was delicious. The owners bend backwards to help me have a good stay. 5***** establishment.

Blessed experience

I cannot fault the quality of the client services given. They owners are attentive, helpful, supportive and very welcoming. The cooked breakfast was cooked to perfection. It felt like home. It is a unique manicured establishment.

A fabulous stay with a very warm welcome and delicious breakfast! 😊
    • Comfort Single Room

Both John and Mark were excellent hosts. They contacted me to check my arrival time, greeted me at the door, carried all my luggage upstairs and really made me feel welcome. The room was very clean and beautifully decorated with an extremely comfy bed! The breakfast was delicious and both John and Mark went out of their way to really make me feel at home. I was in Great Yarmouth for business but would definitely go back for a weekend break! Great rooms, a warm welcome, delicious breakfast and amazing value! What more could you want!

Very pleasant and satisfied.

The room was clean. I had everything I needed. The wifi connection was ok for surfing the net not for Skype or FaceTime. Breakfast was perfect, fresh and well cooked and presented. The owners were friendly and welcoming. I cannot fault the experience. 5*****

Great guest house - a really lovely place to stay!
    • Economy Double Room

Recently stayed here for 2 nights when I went to visit my friend. The owners were lovely and made me feel so welcome from the moment I arrived. Nothing was too much trouble. My room was clean and really nicely presented, breakfast was amazing! I would definitely visit again and would highly recommend.

Very welcoming, close to the beach Would highly recommend

Mark and John we’re incredibly welcoming and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious and comfortable with everything you could need. Breakfast was lovely and plenty of it. Would happily stay again.

Great little little Guest House with very welcoming owners.
    • Economy Double Room

2nd time I have stayed here. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The owners make you feel very at home. The breakfast is amazing and worth the stay just for this. Would recommend.

As I have food allergies the guest house contacted me to ask...

As I have food allergies the guest house contacted me to ask what I would like & prefer, which I thought was a nice touch. Very friendly staff, very clean & tidy rooms. Spot on. Thanks guys at Marlborough Guest House.

Just fab, could not fault it.

The fact that I went home 4lbs heavier because of the amazing breakfasts! 😂😂

The owners / hosts were fabulous, we fell in love with them. The breakfasts were life saving! Facilities outstanding. Location excellent.

If Carling done guesthouses...........

Going home

Everything wonderful and Tracey got a decent cup of tea, Always a bonus where we go Mark and John are superb hosts, Very clean, comfy, smells nice Brilliant

Great location and hosts who make you feel really welcome
    • Comfort Single Room

John and Mark were the perfect hosts; tea and biscuits on arrival, fabulous (and challenging) breakfast and great recommendations for places to go to eat and drink. We were perfectly located for a stroll to the racecourse and our fellow guests were a mixture of racing and non racing people. Will definitely stay again

Exceptionally well run, welcoming, great hospitality and excellent breakfasts!

Everything was great! We had a really lovely time staying at The Marlborough Guest House. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Good place for families.

Railway Photography Holiday
    • Economy Double Room

Rather warm in top floor single room, ventilation was good but still very warm. Proprietor provided a fan and closed curtains after refreshing room which definitely made for a cooler environment!

Nice traditional seaside guest house in a fairly decent location, walking distance from most amenities. Friendly and welcoming proprietors which always helps!

Fantastic stay with amazing hosts!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Absolutely loved our stay here, we were made to feel so welcome by John and Mark, it actually felt like home! We opted to have the full English everyday for breakfast as it was so delicious! It is a very family friendly hotel where all our needs were catered for and more! The location is brilliant, just a short walk to the seafront or city centre. The rooms are lovely,clean and modern. Fresh towels daily and plenty of tea/coffee etc. We cannot recommend this place enough, hoping to stay here again ourselves.

The selection of fruit at breakfast was fantastic.

Noting I didn't like

The selection of fruit at breakfast was fantastic. Alan and Mark are a lovely welcoming couple who couldn't do enough for me. I have already booked to go back again and I would highly recommend.

Excellent would definitely stay again already looking

Nothing negative to say

First impression very clean outside this carried on through the quest house, I was made very welcome when checking in, I booked a single room very clean also a welcome book. This I found very informative good section of complimentary drinks was welcome after my long journeyamazing food good menus choice very wel presented ,dinning room clean and bright. What I thought was very good was your room number matched your table number i would be sitting at in the dining room so you always knew where to sit .. I didn't need to park my car near quest house as family member, dropped me there so can't comment.

Comfortable, friendly lodgings, well situated. Will be back!

Nothing that I can think of!

Hosts were extremely helpful and friendly, breakfast (full English) was very good but requests for different breakfasts were no problem at all. Room was very clean with tea & coffee making facilities. Hosts loaned me a parking permit which was very helpful.

Just perfect!

Nothing to dislike

Fantastic stay made to feel very welcome as soon as we arrived. Mark and john we're brilliant and the breakfast is so good. We will be going back !!

Highly Recommend

We stayed for 2 nights and had a very enjoyable stay. The breakfast is worth a mention as it was amazing and so filling, caters well for vegetarians). The staff were really lovely too and offered advice on where to visit. Would highly recommend this guest house.

A very enjoyable stay.

John and Mark are excellent hosts and made us feel at home and very welcome. The accommodation is very close to town centre and the seafront with many family friendly attractions to visit. I am missing the wonderful breakfasts already. Would certainly recommend this fab place. Thanks.

By far the best guest house in great yarmouth
    • Triple/Twin Room

There was nothing that we did not like

Wow. What can I say. This is by far the best place to stay in great Yarmouth. The room was beautifully decorated, the beds were comfortable the room was immaculately clean. We had a great range of choice for breakfast cereal, fresh fruit, yoghurt, and Mark is a terrific cook, his cooked breakfast is really tasty the sausages were my favourite! John and Mark made us feel so welcome it was like being at home, we were sad to leave but have booked again for later this year and will be returning again next year with my 4 year old daughter, she loved them as much as we did. John and Mark are great and we have made two very special friends. Well make that 3! (including mandu the cat).

Best B&B We have every stayed in.

Mark & John were such a lovely couple, Very very welcoming. Made effort with us, Made sure we was okay in our whole stay. Loved the room, very cosy bed and the breakfast was lovely.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Highly recommended
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Nothing john and Mark have worked very hard to make the property inviting

John and Mark are very welcoming and very family friendly, the property was clean and had a homely feel. we felt at home staying here and our 12 yr old agreed! will be booking another weekend stay very soon. Thank you guys see you soon.

Time to relax
    • Comfort Single Room

Great location, nice rooms and good place to relax - and the most important point - the best hospitality we have ever received! I will definitely recommend The Marlborough Guest House!

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Thank you guys. Wonderful stay

The welcome, the cleanliness, location, comfort. The hosts will do anything they can to make your stay a good one. Breakfast fabulous. See you again.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

So good, I stayed an extra week! :-)
    • Comfort Single Room

There wasn't anything about my stay that I didn't like.

I had a fantastic stay! So much so, I ended up staying another week! Clean, comfortable and the breakfast was fab, great choice and cooked to perfection. Incredibly hospitable hosts. I was made to feel very welcome, and nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Jim and Helen Milton Keynes
    • Comfort Single Room

John, the owner is very welcoming. Tea offered on arrival. Room spotlessly clean. Breakfast was excellent. Will always use this guest house if it is available when we go to Gt. Yarmouth.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Our lovely break we had

No probs

The couple were 2 men but so lovely and kind so helpful food was lovely plus our room was big lovely warm with everything u need ect we going back on 27th December for 4 nites gona b brilliant nice break 10 out of 10 definitely 4 star rate from wendy and andy

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Genuinely Great Guesthouse!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The proprietors were really brilliant and clearly always going the extra mile provide great accommodation, a lovely breakfast, and to make our long-weekend stay as wonderful as possible. Looking forward to going back some time!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Great Yarmouth's Little Gem

The market lol

Great location for the seafront and shopping. Hosts Mark & John were amazing and made us feel very welcome. Definitely a good place to stay x

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Visiting my brother in Great Yarmouth.I will be back !
    • Economy Double Room

Welcoming hosts,good facilities,lovely breakfasts,good choice,comfortable rooms,good location.Would recomend to anyone coming to this area,also extremely good value for money.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Beautiful room, great hosts and delicious breakfast
    • Triple/Twin Room

Everything was great nothing to dislike at all.

Our stay here was lovely. Room Was beautiful and comfy. The breakfast was amazing. The hosts were friendly and very helpful as to what was good to do around the area too. Will definately be staying again

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Fab B&B, staff very welcome and friendly
    • Triple/Twin Room

We were made to feel very welcome, like nothing was too much. They even offered advice on things to do which was great. Best breakfast we have had in a B&B and we have stopped in many.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

absolutely brilliant.hosts are really friendly ,nothing was too much trouble.

The cooked breakfasts were absolutely lovely,sausages and bacon were very good ,the choices of of cereals were numerous ,fresh fruit or tined fruit,everything you needed.drinks all sorts cold or hot,toast and all things you could ask for to go on it.service was brilliant,could not ask for better.hosts were great really felt at home.defo go back.

All good staff brilliant would recommend

All good staff brilliant would recommend

Thanks for a comfortable stay at the Marlborough.

Rather late breakfast time.

Very friendly and helpful owners of the guesthouse.

Perfect

Jon and mark were great hosts the breakfast was superb and the cleanliness was excellent

• Economy Double Room

Stairs too many to climb and the shelve above the sink

Fantastic cooked breakfast excellent hosts comfort stay

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

everything was perfect

The location is great, the owners are very friendly and...

The location is great, the owners are very friendly and welcoming.great all rounder!

Excellent Weekend
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very helpful, lovely breakfast, about a minute from the beach. The hosts were great!

Lovely service and breakfast.

Room was very very hot. No draught with Windows wide open. Fan was supplied

Lovely service and breakfast. Very helpful.

Excellent accommodation

Excellent hosts. Spotlessly clean. Great breakfasts. Good location.

A cut above the normal B & B😀

Everything was fine

The owners Jon and Mark couldn’t have been more welcoming. They made me a pot of tea on arrival and reall made me feel at home.

Great place
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very friendly hosts. Room and bathroom was very clean. Very good breakfast. Room was cleaned everyday. Definitely recommend it.

I would certainly stay here again

There was nothing that could be complained about

I had a comfortable stay with friendly people

Breakfast was excellent and john and mark were very friendly

Breakfast was excellent and john and mark were very friendly

Lovely

Lovely bnb , owners were lovely welcoming and helpful , bnb in a good location definetly would stay here again .

Marlborough Guest house fantastic

owners couldnot do enough for you

owners couldnot do enough for you

The hosts were very friendly and nothing was too much...

The hosts were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was excellent.

Would definitely stay again!
    • Economy Double Room

Vegan and vegetarian breakfast options available which was excellent! Such lovely accomodating hosts.

Excellent hosts very friendly, had a great stay, would highly recomend

Nothing to dislike

Everything, you couldn't fault it.

Owners were very friendly and welcoming and the B&B was...

Owners were very friendly and welcoming and the B&B was spotlessly clean. Location great too. Just minutes from the sea.

Very enjoyable stay John and Mark were excellent my partner as ceoaliac they went out of the way

Fabulous
    • Economy Double Room

Staff excellent..breakfast superb..And nice and clean with great hosts.very good location