Reviews of The Marylebone Hotel 4 stars

47 Welbeck Street, Westminster Borough, London, W1G 8DN, United Kingdom

#137 of 977 hotels in London

Gréât location, clean and friendly staff.
    • Classic Room

Swimming pool facilities complicated. Other end of building with complicated access and signing in procedures. Obviously externalised and better for external gym/swimming users. Pool divided into lanes and all lanes taken up by serious swimmers.

Gréât location, clean and friendly staff.

Excellent I would stay here again
    • Classic Room

Tiny criticism My breakfast didn’t all come at the same time But the staff were very apologetic and very professional It tasted amazing though

Absolutely amazing staff

Excellent hotel and very helpful staff
    • Classic Room

Times on drink service but this is by no means criticism as the staff were fantanstic. Would have been good to receive drinks a little sooner after order.

Very polite staff Always on hand to help and make sure our stay was memorable. I will come again

Fine for what we paid (with the discount).
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel was having a bad day when we arrived, and the staff were clearly quite frazzled. There was a long queue at reception so we had to wait quite a while to check in and then found our room wasn't ready (at 5.30pm). We had dinner reservations at 7.15pm so this was not ideal. However, the team gave us 50% discount on the price of our stay and left an apology card and bottle of Prosecco in the room. They worked hard to rectify the problem. Other than that, the bathroom was very small and we had travelled from Australia and around Europe for almost 4 weeks so had big suitcases and we struggled with space in the room. If you have smaller suitcases/less luggage the room size would be fine.

Location is excellent. close to the west end and oxford street - very central!

The location of the hotel is great
    • Deluxe Double Room

We had stayed multiple times at this hotel in the past years with no major issues, but this time we really didnt think we got a good service. The first three nights were a nightmare. The first room we were given was very sad looking, with almost no light (facing a wall on second floor), needed urgent refurbishment etc. Then we were promised to be given a room on the 4th floor the next day, but the room was not made ready on time. And when we came back at night (with our toddler and i am pregnant), we were told that our new room was on the 3rd floor! Totally unprofessional front desk, our luggage and baby cot were not yet moved to the new room, total chaos...so we asked for an upgrade and at the end we were moved to a studio on 7th floor that night. Nice larger room but with no curtains! Only very cheap blinds covering the windows, so we all woke up at 5am for the next two mornings, lacking sleep...So we had to ask for changing rooms again and we were given a nice studio on the 6th floor with curtains...the room was comfortable but this time shower had very weak water pressure, which really doesnt fit a four star hotel quality at all... While the management made a real effort to make us comfortable after our third night at the hotel, i would not go back...All rooms certainly need renovation, and front desk staff certainly need better training and care for their guests...

The location of the hotel is great

The pool closed early and the age limit of 17 is far too...
    • Classic Room

The pool closed early and the age limit of 17 is far too high. The room was cleaned very late, but there may be a good reason for that. Excellent hotel, would come back anytime

A lovely overnight stay for 2 parents who rarely get a chance to treat themselves!
    • Classic Room

The only thing I found disappointing was the wall-fixed shower head in our room didn’t give a nice spray, probably needed de-scaling. I suspect that cleaning staff use only the hand held nozzle and never notice. I mention in the hope that it gets checked as a satisfying hot shower is important to me and something I assumed would have been a given at a hotel of this star/price level.

The location for our purposes (a celebration nearby) was perfect. But also the walk north from Bond Street Tube took us away from the horrible Oxford Street bustle into a much quieter neighbourhood. And countless great choices nearby for breakfast in the morning. Feather pillows were dreamy. Room very clean. Front of desk and foyer staff very polite and efficient, not always found in London!

lovely hotel, great area to stay in and walk around, friendly staff love the rooms..
    • Classic Room

I'm always a little disappointed with the restaurant.. staff are always rushing around.. to busy for you to ask a question... i find it a little expensive for what it is.. perceived value is important..

Im always greeted with a friendly smile at the hotel. Staff are pleasant and professional. The rooms are always clean and bedding is always crisp and white ! this is my go to hotel in london ! love it...

Staff friendly
    • Classic Room

Laundry not delivered Staff obviously lying about what happened “ I will ring you back and check where it is “ then “ it will be delivered in 10 mins “ then 4 hours later “ sorry due to a mix up your laundry was not processed “ Rooms not properly cleaned and soap etc not replaced when used up Other requests not dealt with Not good value for room rate

Staff friendly

Location was very good.
    • Classic Room

The room was much smaller than I had anticipated based on the price. And not very modern either.

Location was very good. Apart from the room, the hotel facilities were nice.

6.0
    If you suffer from claustrophobia, perhaps go elsewhere!
    • Classic Room

The bedroom was tight but fine. However, the bathroom was exceedingly small - I felt I was in a cabin on a ferry. I am a uk size 8-10, not quite sure how larger persons would fare in your bathrooms! Bigger rooms, happier customers, more business....

Staff were lovely. Location is fab. Bar area/lobby tastefully done.

Awful bedroom size, great location
    • Classic Room

Tiny bedrooms unless you go for a suite. If 2 people in room you have to dodge around each other to get to bathroom. Very small rooms - possibly the smallest double room I have ever stayed in.

Great location and facilities (Bar, Spa)

A very comfortable and buzzy hotel in a great location. Dinner was really good.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We would have liked a greater fresh fruit selection but the freshly cooked breakfast was delicious.

Loved the amazingly comfortable bed. Staff all incredibly friendly and welcoming. Loved the location of Marleybone full of boutique shops and restaurants.

Position excellent - beautiful bed - superb bar with great...

Not a negative note

Position excellent - beautiful bed - superb bar with great atmosphere and all staff professional, courteous, helpful and extremely friendly

Stylish hotel in fantastic location
    • Classic Room

Super stylish, comfortable and in an excellent location - 2 minutes walk from Marylebone High Street and 5 Minutes from Oxford Street. The bar and restaurant are both excellent too.

Good location but, average hotel, overpriced.
    • Classic Room

I ordered a paper for the following morning which never arrived nor did a copy of the final bill, which I requested be emailed to me. Also the kettle in the room worked intermittently.

it was good, the staff was awesome.
    • Classic Room

the room is super small, the bathroom is so tiny that it's hard to use even for one person

common area on the first floor is very nice, lot's of space

Great location, stylish, tiny rooms
    • Classic Room

The room was tiny which is what I expected from such location but the toilets were much smaller then expected and it was really uncomfortable. We celebrated my friend's birthday and let the hotel know in advance. They didn't send a nice card or something as expected and more that that, her husband called them and tried to send something to the room and they were not able to accommodate. They don't go the extra mile.

Amazing location. Very stylish hotel - is was fun to hang around. The hotel is very stylish and fun to hang around. Good service at the concierge.

Does not meet my standard for a luxury hotel, sorry.
    • Classic Room

The bathroom was not properly ventilated and the room smelled like a toilet. When the room is unoccupied, I assume the power is off to the air conditioning. Could never get the room temperature to a comfortable 20 deg. C. Asked for late checkout, and it was approved. Then I was locked out of room at noon. Not worth the expense at 300 pounds/day. Will not return.

Staff was helpful

Wont everre
    • Classic Room

No blackout orcurtains . Roomlike anoffice wothvenetian blind only Light at 5 am summertime Noisy with loads of Bottles being thrown out late night garbage collection earlymorning

Just ordinary

The Marylebone has great service, comfortable rooms, very good bars, restaurants, great location.
    • Classic Room

Bar could have been open later; main bar was too noisy, trying to be a disco without dancing.

Service was excellent; they tried to accommodate every request, including a very late meal, without hesitation.

We had a pleasant and enjoyable stay. Location is terrific!
    • Classic Room

Service at breakfast was a little slow and the toast was over cooked on both days. Also my husband ordered an omelette which was dry and over cooked.

Location is excellent and the hotel is very clean.

Staff excellent, food great, room very comfortable!
    • Classic Room

There was nothing I disliked about this hotel!

From the moment I arrived I was meet and my luggage was taken in to reception. I was offered a drink and to freshen up if I wished. The room was clean, as was the ensuite facilities, the bed was comfortable, coffee machine and tea were available in the room and two bottles of water all complementary. Bar service staff were very attentive to your every need, I would defiantly stay here again. The shops are a stones throw away. Over all a very relaxing stay.

Lovely hotel but a little small on the room sizes
    • Classic Room

Rooms are on the small side and I did request rose petals on the bed as it was our anniversary didn’t receive any response even after I called & they weren’t in the room so a little disappointed at that.

Lovely staff and great room

Average
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was very fusty and we could not open the window. Felt very nauseous in the morning

We have stayed many times booking direct with an excellent room

Amazing location, beautiful set out hotel.
    • Classic Room

Amazing location, beautiful set out hotel. Ironing facilities in the room which is great. Heated floor in the bathroom is a touch! I was worried from the other reviews about how small the standard deluxe rooms would be, but they were perfectly comfortable with more than enough space to get around. Massive television on the wall too! The staff are super friendly. Great luggage service as we was allowed to leave our suitcase there after we checked out to carry on exploring london! Would definitely stay again.

It was a nice experience, until the the last incident (I mentioned) which left us with a bad taste.
    • Classic Room

The room was too small. We had to ask for a late check out because of our evening flight , and the reception let us stay for extra 50 pounds only until 4 pm. While waiting in the lobby, we met another couple (waiting for the same flight )who were permitted to stay in the room for the same price until 6 pm.

The location was great ! The lobb/bar was very warm decoratedand and was quiet nice and cosy.

Beautiful. Staff are friendly and helpful.
    • Classic Room

Fresh milk should be in the fridge in the room as the small milk pots are not sufficient for the coffee machine. Smoking area far too small.

I love the coffee machine we use nespresso at home somit was nice to wake up and have a nice cup of coffee

Pleasant and satisfactory
    • Classic Room

The bathroom was very small. The continental breakfast was poor and rather expensive,

The staff were very friendly and cooperative. The location was great especially for shopping purposes.

A comfortable city break
    • Deluxe Double Room

Wonderful embossed boxes of writing material that were very ornate but they couldn't spell stationery!

Perfect location and everything you need, lively bar, quiet area, good food

Great location , friendly staff , very tiny room , but comfy bed ...
    • Classic Room

Such a small room , I stayed in a superior room With my partner ... It was so small we couldn’t both stand at the same time !! No towels in the room ... there was a kettle but no tea making ingredients... bathroom , very steep bath with shower inside ...

Location of the hotel is just so good and one can walk down...
    • Classic Room

I had 2 separate reservations, one made by myself for the weekend and one made by my company for the week. During check-in, I explained this very clearly and the reception staff acknowledged this adding she will make sure I can stay at the same room. At the end of the weekend (i.e. first day of the reservation made by the company), my card did not work suddenly and then I had to explain myself to the reception desk again. And the following day, I got a call from reception asking questions about my reservation, etc. Anyways, I was annoyed to keep explaining this very simple case 3 times in 4 days.

Location of the hotel is just so good and one can walk down to many central areas/attractions.

Dishonest staff, I left Iphone charger in room called 4...
    • Classic Room

Dishonest staff, I left Iphone charger in room called 4 times and no luck, my messages weren’t taken, they had no record of me calling!!!! Ok so only a charger that will cost £25 to replace but it’s the lack of customer service and blatant lies.

• Classic Room

We got stuck In the lift which had a very weird card system which you had to insert this card which unlocked the lift to go to bademnt level where the gym and spa was. My girlfriend is very scared and opts never to take the lift. The one time I managed to convince her to come in with me, it got stuck for 5-10 mins and it made her feel very unsafe and unsecured. Hopeful you in the future they will scrap this idea and use the cards for only opening room doors

The layout of the hotel and decor The staff The room was very nice The bar The terrace The clientele Almost everything was very well done.

Great stay perfect for what we needed, great location and a very comfy bed.
    • Classic Room

The room was very small otherwise the finish and the quality of the hotel was second to none.

The bar was lovely and the drinks were very good they were happy to make drinks not on the menu.

Very Small bathroom
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very Small bathroom Room 191 on the first floor facing the street Extremely noisy as above a bar playing loud music had to wait midnight to sleep Not worth paying £297

Update the air conditioning
    • Classic Room

Air conditioning in the bedroom was really loud and not very good. It made our bedroom really uncomfortable

Hotel is beautiful and location is amazing. Surrounded by great restaurants and cafes. Only a 5 minute walk to Oxford St and the underground.

Disappointed but not surprised because had similar experience previously
    • Classic Room

Bedroom, tiny, bed crammed between two walls and couldn’t physically swivel on chair between end of bed and desk. Bathroom old fixtures and fittings, paint flaking off bath. Couldn’t open/ close door if sitting on loo. Refused to sleep in the room. Was moved to average sized room, with less sense of claustrophobia. Checked into hotel approx 11pm so was furious that I wasn’t allocated that room in the first instance. Feel that bookings.com clients get worst rooms in hotels. Breakfast in bedroom incurrs tray and service charge. Porridge, watery and tasteless. In Bar 108, table top sticky and there were at least 60 dirty glasses sitting on counter waiting to be cleaned - not a good look ! Ordered glass of wine and sparking water, had to ask for sparkling water three times in all - it never came. Have stayed there before, made complaint to management on last occasion due to poor service from reception and lack of attention to health and safety in bar ( asked for milk, waitress picked up milk for table that handing been cleared and gave it to me )

please get a manager to sleep in room 183 and all will be revealed
    • Classic Twin Room

First room piece of door architrave fell off covering me in dust as I entered the room. Changed room. Second room bed to hot (a mattress my granny used to sleep on and a quilt with a tog of 500) and very stuffy, 2 hours sleep after a 4.30 start the previous morning, asked reception to change room again and they said no problem and would done before my return, returned that day to find room not available yet, which I thought after my experience so far in the hotel I would have been a priority.

Staff

Fantastic choice for a weekend stay in London
    • Classic Room

Great room, larger than normal size for London. Hotel facilities were also superb, breakfast options and room service was excellent too. Really good value for money and a short walk to Bond Steet Station and Oxford Circus.

The hotel is in a great location.
    • Classic Room

The rooms were very small, the bathroom tiny and the room temperature was far to hot. I've stayed here many times before, but this stay was very disappointing.

The hotel is in a great location.

i would stay in a larger room and an upper floor in future as its a great location and classy
    • Classic Room

Quite a walk to our room which was unfortunately next to the party venue which was very loud until 11pm in room 152 and was also very compact. Also non of the amenities at the hotel were explained on check in like if we wanted breakfast where to go and timings, where the other restaurants were in the hotel or how to access the spa facilities.

Lovely hotel very grand and classy look. Lovely shower and toiletries. Very Large tv and mirror wardrobes. Coffee machine in the room. Fantastic location near Debenhams on Oxford St. A;lso a car park round the corner for drivers.

• Classic Room

Tiny bathroom and tired furnishings in room asked for room with a larger bathroom but given another room with a tiny bathroom could not close the bathroom door without sidling into the room - really awful bathrooms in superis rooms and request at time of booking re larger bathroom ignored at checkin

Have stayed at The Marylebone several times before - always...
    • Classic Room

Have stayed at The Marylebone several times before - always booked direct but this time booked with Booking.com and saved £50+ over advertised hotel rates. It gets better and better - and the addition of the Cocktail bar is a real plus. Love sitting out at the rear of Bar 108 - and as ever service was first rate.

This was a very disappointing experience. I’m glad I was able to depart early with no penalty.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There is a lot of noise around the hotel. Furthermore, the bathtub in my room didn’t drain properly; the toilet didn’t flush properly; the climate control is loud and clunky; the telephone didn’t work consistently. The room in general needs maintanence attention because there are chips, scuff marks and dents. I left early due to a plumming issue and a noise issue.

The location of the property is excellent. The room service is also very good.

The Best Choice For Harley Street And Excellent In Every Respect
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing not to like. Nearby there is a big modern and secure car park at the end of Harley Street

Excellent boutique style hotel with super close proximity to Harley Street. In-room food quality is excellent and speed of service spot on. All staff very friendly. I have stayed here previously and rate it very highly. Good parking within 3 minutes walk.

Our stay was excellent and The Marylebone will be our first choice of stay on our next visit
    • Classic Room

Our room was the last one on a very long corridor.

The bed was extremely comfortable, Nespresso machine a bonus to us coffee lovers - the bathroom was exceptional in fittings and cleanliness. The way screens were used downstairs at the bar and restaurant to give smaller more secluded spaces is an excellent idea.

Enjoyable and would come back
    • Classic Twin Room

Shower! Not enough power so useless for washing hair.

Beds and pillows very comfy Staff friendly and attentive Ambience good and lots of nice places to eat drink or relax

Expected better. Overall still worth booking.
    • Classic Room

Noisy air conditioning caused it to be turned off. Thankfully window could be opened. WiFi signal intermittent. Advertised Apple link turned out to be a 13amp socket. Reception unable to supply USB to 13amp plug. I’d only bought an USB adapter cable expecting there to be USB socket within the room. Sadly they didn’t live up to previous excellent service provided during earlier stays.

Very convenient location. All staff very friendly and helpful. Excellent breakfast.

We love the Marleybone Hotel.. The renovation they have done is amazing.. love the new vibe !
    • Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast is average.. Staff aren't really that friendly , and they are always in such a hurry .. The food was great.. loved the atmosphere in the restaurant..

Neghbour Hood is awesome!
    • Classic Room

I make a reservation for my mom. She felt on the shower, cut her leg on a box glass, and the person in the reception was very kind but the hotel doesn’t have any medication, any for aid suplies. This is unceptable! How one hotel like this doesn’t have any medication?!!!

Neghbour Hood is awesome!

The hotel was in a great location for our visit to Harley Street.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Although bedding was lovely, a cooler duvet could be an option especially as the weather in London was a balmy 12 degrees.

Bed was very comfortable, room service was prompt. Quiet Room and an upgrade FOC.

the bread and the smoked salmon!
    • Classic Room

The mattress of the bed, The room was far too small Having ordered drinks twice at the bar and having asked the waiter to bring us some nuts he kept ignoring us and we had to go to pick them up from the bar ourselves!

the bread and the smoked salmon!

Room was wonderful and cozy, with a lovely, sizeable...
    • Classic Room

Room was wonderful and cozy, with a lovely, sizeable bathroom. We made a special request when booking and hotel staff fulfilled it beyond all our expectations, couldn't have been happier with the service and definitely felt we got extra value for our money. Very pleased overall.

One of my favourite Hotel!!
    • Classic Room

The use of the swimming pool I had to sign a form at the desk and they didn’t take the time to explain where it was so I was a bit lost It would have been nice if the person could have asked if I knew the place yes or no

EVERYTHING!!!!

We were upgraded on arrival to a beautiful room.
    • Classic Room

We were upgraded on arrival to a beautiful room. Gorgeous bar which I definitely would like to go back to. Great swimming pool and gym facilities. Really friendly staff. Really good value for money given the location of the hotel.

I know where I ll stay next time
    • Classic Room

Breakfast can be slightly improved

Highest standards of hôtellerie are completely respected, very beautiful decoration, super pleasant stay at a great rate

Amazing location, very comfortable big bed, great water...
    • Classic Room

Nothing to dislike, just wish I could've stayed longer.

Amazing location, very comfortable big bed, great water pressure, so really nice shower. Massive thank you to Maria Ramon, if she checks you in, you will definitely be looked after. Thank you Maria.

Overall a lovely stay - staff super friendly especially the doorman.
    • Classic Room

No staff at health club so had to figure out getting to pool ourselves - no locks for lockers etc. Steps into pool area a little grubby. Pool area itself lovely.

Croissants were stale :( Coffee was bitter £16 for continental breakfast very expensive and only one type of bread available.

Great staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

The price was exactly DOUBLE for the same room just because it was Fashion weeks 2days afterwards. What about if they also double taxi fares? or I double prices in all my Retail stores? or bus, metro? Disgusting policy.

Amazing hotel, great location, the best THE STAFF by far. They are all incredibly nice.

Excellent, comfortable and friendly staff. Great location and excellent food.
    • Deluxe Double Room

They were overbooked the night before so we couldn't get our room until 5.30pm but they compensated us for this.

The bed was very comfortable, everything very clean and staff very helpful and particularly friendly.

Very good value for money
    • Classic Room

Overall it is a very nice and comfortable hotel, very well located and in a quiet street. 5 minutes away from Oxford Street, Bond Street and all that high street commerce and literally at the heart of the very nice Marylebone area. The general premises are quite good and the staff is very professional and always available to help. Rooms are good, not very large but everything works just fine, clean and updated.

Amazing location!
    • Classic Room

Nothing we disliked - only a couple things we didn’t realise. Room was smaller than rooms we usually stay in, but saying this you are staying in central London! Also, the swimming pool was mainly used for swimming lessons and lane swimming as part of the gym. There wasn’t much seating around it or room to sit and relax in the pool. But it was still lovely!

Amazing location! All of the staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel itself was very posh and clean.

I felt like at home from the moment I entered the door.
    • Classic Room

The staff were very courteous and helpful. I loved how close it was to everything! Shopping, parks, attractions amazing place to enjoy and explore London

Extremely fun weekend and lovely surrounding but would love a room to resembled the prices paid.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Only a shower in the bath and very small bathroom for a deluxe room and the price paid.

Loved the hotel environment and interior plus the hotels access to pool and spa, which we used. The location was great for what we needed.

Very nice hotel, let down in the morning by noise from poor
    • Classic Room

Bathroom bit cramped and shower wasn’t hot. Found the blinds didn’t keep out the light in the morning. Windows were drafty and no soundproofing as we we woken early by lorries and the collection of glass bottle recycling.

Decor of rooms and public area. Also 108 bar and restaurant linked at back hotel very cool.

Great, romantic place and perfect for celebrations
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bed was super comfy, and the rooms very spacious for london properties. The staff were all amazing and friendly and treated us to little extras during our stay!

Great location, very clean and comfortable, excellent staff
    • Classic Room

The pool was very busy with children when we visited, so wasn’t as relaxing as it could have been

Great location, very clean and comfortable, excellent staff

Enjoyed staying in a new Neighborhood
    • Studio Suite

The hotel was nice, friendly staff and a rooms were clean. However, i was not satisfied with the fact that i was charged for an extea bed for a child, even though i booked a suite, i still believe it should have been complimentary. Other than that, the overall experience was nice and the hotel is one of the nice ones in centeal london that i would recommend.

Great location, Shame about everything else.
    • Classic Room

The gym experience was terrible. The pool was closed both days even though we were assured to would be open. The gym staff were rude and unapologetic.

The retro carpet but I think this is not deliberate. It just needs updating.

Wonderful place!
    • Classic Room

The staff at the reception desk is very helpful, friendly and efficient. The gentleman at the reception desk gave us a really quiet room after learning our stay was for 4 nights. The room was very comfortable and indeed on the quiet side but I think the whole hotel is located in a pretty calm spot of Marylebone. I couldn't recommend this place any higher- it is in a lovely area with tons of restaurants and bars to choose from, a short 5-minute walk from Bond Street tube station but you don't have the busyness of a big city. We will definitely come back!

great hotel very centrally located yet with all the style...
    • Classic Room

great hotel very centrally located yet with all the style comfort and plushness you expect from a hotel outside the city. Excellent service and staff assistance, very comfy bed really one to write home about, tasty & healthy food options inside the hotel... really cannot fault the hotel anywhere. We had a maintenance issue which was solved right away. The surprise upgrade was a rea WOW factor

A delight.
    • Classic Room

The room was very compact, but for the location that’s to be expected.

High quality and comfort, great service, turn down service as standard, warm, peaceful and inviting. Very comfortable pillows!

Location, late check out, kind and helpful door man
    • Classic Room

Extreme noise of the air condition, even after was fixed , and a lot of noise from the doors at the corridor next to the room - couldn't sleep well at night

Location, late check out, kind and helpful door man

Delightful

Most things

Stay regularly- have done for the past 10yrs - good location, they are making great changes and the interior design is looking good. Brilliant stay - the reception desk staff are very welcoming and the German lady Anjie Is very attentive - very knowlagable, thinking of booking the new penthouse when it’s ready, looking amazing, have stayed in other Doyle hotels - and always come back to the Marylebone in London.