Reviews of The Monarch

29, St Annes Road East, Lytham St Annes, FY8 1TA, United Kingdom

#6 of 10 B&Bs and Inns in Lytham St Annes

Based on 310 B&B reviews

9.8

That my stay was not longer

A hidden Gem , 5 Star Service from Checking in to leaving. Lesley, the owner is such a welcoming, friendly person. My bed was extra comfy and my room was extra spacious. I would definately stay here again and have recommended it to my Aunty Jean who hopefully will be lucky enough to stay here when she visits from Gloucester.

• Comfort Triple Room with Shower

My Mum and I cannot fault The Monarch at all. Leslie is a lovely person. Our ground floor room was beautiful and spotlessly clean. Fabulous breakfast too.

Our host Lesley was lovely, nothing was too much trouble, she made our stay a very pleasant one and the breakfast was lovely too. The guest house is in a great position to walk into town with plenty of parking available.

This was my third stay here, the single room was clean and comfortable. Lesley is always very friendly and her cooked breakfasts were delicious! The Monarch is close to St Anne's shops and promenade and pier; and there is on-site parking which is a bonus.

Leslie the owner is a lovely lady who can't do enough for you. The breakfast which is optional was superb. Large flat screen tv in our room was a bonus.

Nice location in St Anne’s. Very friendly and helpful lady who runs the hotel. The hotel was clean and comfortable and extremely good value for money!

The room was quite small, it was room no.9 nowhere to sit other than the floor or bed and it was in the loft space so only a small window that was too high up to look out of. Was a little noisy with people and traffic as it is on a junction but it didn't go on too late.

The bedroom and bathroom were very clean, supplied with coffee, tea, sugar, milk and biscuits, bedding spotless and a super comfy bed. The breakfast was great and Lesley couldn't do enough for you, very welcoming and very attentive.

Nowt.

Welcoming attentive host, Bramble 🐕 tastefully decorated room with great facilities and a comfy bed. Delicious breakfast, free parking, free wifi. Superb location.

Lesley went out of her way to make our stay an enjoyable one. It was my partner's birthday while we were there. Lesley organised a birthday balloon and bottle of prosecco for me in the room when we arrived

There's nothing I disliked room was fine and plenty of coat hangers which is a bonus

Verry comfortable bed nice clean homely lovely welcome checked in sooner than was suppose to do verry pleased lovely breakfast and verry good price

Blinds or some kind of window dressing in our room.We had a very large picture window that looked out over a main road.There was lovely draw curtains but you didn't want them drawn during the day time.A little bit of privacy is sometimes required.

Clean and pleasant room.Very friendly and helpful proprietor Lesley,who focussed on you the individual

No Dislikes.

LesLey, the hostess, was very helpful and welcoming. Bed very comfortable and the decor was great in in the rooms. Breakfast was great as well

Ideally situated, hospitality excellent, breakfast perfect, rooms very comfortable, love that there is tea and coffee in the room, and also a TV. You couldn't want for anymore.

All was very good, nothing to dislike.

I had the best vegetarian breakfast, the bed was very comfortable , the room spotless and the bathroom was a good size with a spacious shower.

n/a

Lesley was very friendly and welcoming,. Breakfast was lovely , asked for crispy bacon and got it . Room clean and pleasant to stay in bed, bed really comfortable .

The bed wasn’t comfy for me but that’s just personal taste as my husband found it comfy. Everything else was perfect! Thank you.

The host is very friendly and the room we stayed in was spacious and comfy. The breakfast was delicious too.

Nothing to complain about

I travelled with my son we had two lovely rooms much better than We expected very clean lovely comfy bed and really nice showers Lesley was very welcoming and took time with us to show us around .At breakfast she done a very good job looking after us with a lovely breakfast and attending to all guests with exceptional service. At checkout she was very caring and made us feel like old friends.

Liked everything

Very friendly service - room was comfortable and clean. Food was lovely and the proprietor very friendly. Very helpful and accommodating

We had a lovely room on the ground floor and at breakfast we sat by the bay window and watched the world go by. The hostess was lovely. We would definitely stay there again albeit under better circumstances.

When I arrived I was asked what time I would like my breakfast at. On my first breakfast I did not eat the runny yolk of the egg. The remainder of the week the yolk was cooked through!

nothing to not like

Lesley is such a lovely woman and made us feel at home. Room 2 is beautiful. the breakfast was very good. Beds so comfortable you don't want to get up.

I have no complaints or criticisms

The property was in a brilliant location, the owner was friendly and helpful, the rooms were comfy and clean, the full English breakfast was lovely.

It was real value for money it was very clean and really friendly an we so close to all the amenities we would definitely recommend this overall very happy with our stay

Lovely room with great comfortable bed. En suite was small but perfectly formed and more than adequate, not to mention spotlessly clean. Tea and coffee making facility in the room and nice white fluffy towels for the bathroom. Lesley was lovely and did everything possible to make guests feel welcome and comfortable

Problem with drains, didn’t smell too good. Room very “tired”. Very small, only one chair. Had to sit on the bed. Only a wardrobe, no drawers. Needed fixing to the wall. One night the heating was off before 9. Went to bed in a jumper.

Nice area. Friendly lady. Lovely breakfast.

We had an extremely comfortable room on the top floor. It was compact but had everything we required. The property is a very short walk from the shops so handy for everything.

The bathroom was not the most pleasant and seemed to seep the smell of breakfast being cooked below in with cleaning products.

Comfortable, warm and clean

• Comfort Triple Room with Shower

We stayed for one night in the triple room . Even though there were 3 single beds , there was ample room . The room was warm & clean . Breakfast was made to order .

• Comfort Triple Room with Shower

Love every minute the room was great the breakfast was beautiful. Staff was great friendly. They made our stay really good. They also welcomed my 2 year old daughter Well be staying again.

A very warm welcome, a lovely, large ensuite room, a great location right by the train station and the local amenities and a fantastic vegan breakfast. I loved it!

I could not find any fault with this hotel.

Was looked after very well.and had a good breakfast to start the day.and a lovely bedroom for a good nights sleep.

There wasn’t anything bad at all.

Lesley the owner was so lovely and very approachable. The room was modern and freshly decorated. Breakfast was delicious. Very clean and comfortable.

Stayed a night. Perfect in every respect. Lovely welcome. Room excellent. Great breakfast locally sourced. Couldn't be better. Stayed in many establishments in Lytham. This is the best.

The shower could've been a little more powerful.

Lesley, the owner, was very friendly and helpful! She couldn't have done more to make us feel welcome. The breakfast was excellent. Bedrooms serviced daily, with a daily towel change. Would highly recommend this B&B.

Secure location with town and amenities close by. Reliable wi-fi. Parking Great. Landlady helpful. Room was clean, stocked well with refreshment, towels and toiletries. Nice freshly aired feel to the room. Prehaps a picture on our bedroom wall may have added that finishing touch to the room asthetics. Yes all in all -well received and worthy of a top score.

nothing every thing for a nice stay for holiday

the staff where very friendly breakfast very good even made me packed breakfast as i was leaving early hotel plased in a very convient plase can get bus to southport outside and nice area with plenty plases to eat very plesent place to stay well done will use this hotel again

Lesley is an excellent host, shows care for her guests. She runs a clean , tidy and friendly home away from home. Would definitely stay again when visiting the area.

• Comfort Triple Room with Shower

Nothing. Everything was perfect for our stay.

The staff were very friendly. The bed was really comfortable, the room was lovely and the value for money was excellent. Good location for a trip to Blackpool. The full English breakfast included in the price was really tasty. I would definitely recommend and I would love to go back in the future.

Room 4 large nicely decorated real glass glasses lots of tea coffee etc. Quiet on the rear of property.Great hostess. Fab breakfast.Highly recommended.

Hint: The hotel only has English wall sockets, so if you are from another country take the special socket for your country with you.

- When I arrived the hostess was very kind. I was treated in the most kind and respectful way. Also the house rules where very chill. - The hostess is very kind, so if you don't nothing about the area, have a chat with her. She is a very kind and helpful person. - Hightlight: The breakfast, it was amazing ^^ For the fast travellers I recommend updating the hostess about when you want your breakfast, since everything is fresh and may take a few minutes.

• Comfort Triple Room with Shower

Bit of a struggle up steps to front door.

We stayed in the ground floor family room which was large and airy. King size bed and single bed both very comfortable. Breakfast very good and served by the lovely Leslie ,the owner of The Monarch. The three of us ladies would definitely stay there again. We were made to feel So welcome.Thank you Leslie.

Nothing to dislike

The location is right in the town, the bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent with good choice. The rooms were compact but very clean but what makes this place stand out is the excellent hostess who goes the extra mile to make you feel welcome! Highly recommended.

Rooms were spotless. Staff thought of us before arriving, as we wasn't having breakfast they put us in the attic room to avoid disturbance in the morning. Excellent stay and location. Will definitely be returning!

The room would have looked better with a coat of paint but I was still very happy with it and feel it was great value for money.

The room was clean and quiet. Had everything I needed for my stay. The location is only a couple of minutes from the town centre. Lovely cooked breakfast. Owner very friendly.

Place needs a little bit f a spruce up, but it was clean and tidy. Having an ensuite was fabulous, but little snug.

Lesley, our host, was very friendly and nothing was too uh trouble. We loved the location as it was right in town. May be noisy for some, but we loved it. Great value for money, especially as we included breakfast.

the attic room, would have preferred another room, but it was booked on the last minute and have no complaints.

comfortable and homely feeling about the place

Excellent hotel in a fantastic location.Lesley was great offered loads of help and advice for the event that we was attending. My only advice is if your a little older the stairs may been a struggle but apart from that fab b&b. Breakfast was lovely

I can't think of anything that I disliked they made me feel very welcome, being on my own that's important for me.

I liked the location and the friendly staff it was a great three night stay, I will stay there again

Clothes storage facilities in bedroom. For 7 day residents would be better with smaller bed and more wardrobe space.

Breakfast food excellent. Friendliness of owner.

The breakfast was great especially the bacon, choice of cereal, juice yoghurt and full English. The host was a lovely lady noting was too much trouble a great stay.

Small room so fine for a night . Breakfast freshly prepared but could have been improved with a selection of fruit and real coffee. Instant coffee!!!!

Clean and comfortable place to stay for a night. No lift.

Minor misses in service eg towels not changed one day.

Location and our room were excellent. Although located very near a busy road the double glazing kept nearly all noise out. Our room was most attractively furnished and fitted out

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

It was all good.

Lesley lovely and very welcoming. No problem checking in 2 hours early. Room was smallish but was fine - was only single occupancy. Good full English breakfast plus cereal and yoghurt. Would definitely book again.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Our room was very small with just enough space to get round the bed and not much space for storage or cases. No chairs in the room and no communal lounge or sitting area.

Very friendly staff, very clean, the bed was comfortable and the cooked breakfast good. It was only a short walk to the seafront and there were shops and plenty of places to eat close by.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

My partner and I stayed with our new born baby, we were a bit concerned that it might not be a nice place as we'd usually stay in a nice hotel rather than a b&b - but the monarch is absolutely lovely. Our room was gorgeous, really spacious and light and the beds were big and comfy. It's more like a 5* hotel than a normal b&b. The location is perfect, 1minute stroll from the town centre and the beach. The owner Lesley was very welcoming and friendly and we'll definitely recommend the monarch to our friends - actually we already have! We'll be staying again next time we visit the area :-)

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The banister at the very top, just outside our door- just the height of it

We had a room with a semi ceiling view so was lovely looking at the sky and could see the tops of buildings- unique view! As could see the weather ornament on the churches steeple. So comfortable, compact room without feeling squashed- when you're sharing with. 6ft 4" man there's a lot to consider.... Lesley was as accommodating as ever with height and dietary needs and her young man serving at breakfast was so friendly and pleasant- complimented her. Makes a one night stay feel so much more because of the Welcoming & Homely experience. We will return x

Room was quite small as was the en suite but adequate for a short stay

Lovely clean guest house with a very good breakfast. Location excellent and off road parking.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

it was very cold in the room when we first got there but when we came back it was quite warm

it was quite central and suited us for the time we was there

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

The monarch offers a better stay than most 4-star hotels. Lesley is friendly but non-intrusive. The room as very comfortable and clean and everything you could want is there. The breakfasts are exceptional for a B&B.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The address is not correct it is st annes not lytham witch is where I wanted

Very nice full English breakfast good variety on offer what ever your taste

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

The only comment would be that the bathroom was a little on the small size if staying for more than a day or so, but was fine for our stay.

The hotel was well placed for our short stay to visit family. Lovely room with comfortable bed. The choices for breakfast were very varied and the bacon and sausages particularly good! The staff were very friendly and helpful. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

The owner was very accommodating...couldn't do enough for her guests. The room and bathroom were bijou but all my needs were met. Very comfortable and great value for money...breakfast included!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Slightly difficult to park, but other than that great stay!

Very friendly and accomadating owner.The bedroom was very comfortable and clean. Much better value than those in blackpool.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Lesley is a lovely Landlady who made me very welcome upon arrival. The location is 5 or 10 minutes walking distance to St Anne's Pier, depending on your stroll & the same to the best restaurants in St Anne's. Great Full English breakfast too. Thankyou, Lesley.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Nothing , if have to say something due to the way some other people staying parked, the car park was a bit tight.

Clean, welcoming, comfortable. Convenient to Blackpool but in a better location, less crowded and value for money. Breakfast was terrific.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Nothing to report.

Lovely large room with all the facilities you need. Good car parking spaces, quiet location but handy for town. Fine breakfast and pleasing atmosphere.

Ideal location. Only a 5 to 10 minute walk to the bus stop - can purchase a ticket for £5 that lasts for 24 hours - can be used on the tram and the bus. Accommodation clean; friendly owner. Excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Small room and ensuite, very firm mattress rather uncomfortable even with fairly thick mattress topper. Bed seemed on the short side?

Location, security, welcome and breakfast all good.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

I booked for a one night stay for work. I looked for a cheaper option and found this !! What an absolute gem. I have stayed in Hotels three time the price of this that do not even come close to the standard of this guest house ! The room was lovely and immaculately clean. Lots of little touches made it very homely. Shirley is an amazing host and makes you feel very welcome indeed. Nothing is too much trouble. Can't recommend this place enough !! Really conveniently located too.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Nothing that affected our stay.

Lesley the owner was really welcoming and wanted to make our stay as good as she could .Break fast was lovely and well cooked, set us up for the rest of our day. Room was stylishly decorated and the bed was comfy. Ideal for anyone looking for short or extended break.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

The only little gripe was that the shower isnt very powerful.

It was a pleasant bright and comfortable stay. Love the extra touch of biscuits with the room refreshments. Leslie is so easy to chat to and made our stay really enjoyable with her easy going accommodating ways. Will stay again if we are in the area again.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Friendly staff. Delicious cooked breakfast. Short walk to shops and seafront. On-site parking. Very clean rooms. Have used The Monarch before and will stay again.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Bathroom very small and a nasty smell of damp as the shower tray needs re-sealing

bed comfortable nice breakfast close to town centre over all a pleasant stay

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Comfort Triple Room with Shower

Our room was advertised as ground floor, which we didn't need but you do need to get up the entrance steps first!!

Friendly greeting, ideal location for us, free parking, good breakfast. Room high standard and nothing too much trouble for Lesley. Would like to return and see more of the area, staying at The Monarch.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

On Suite extremely tight fit especially for people on the large size and an odour coming from the drainage was off putting

Allowed early access due to room being available and were friendly without being intrusive