Reviews of The French Partridge 4 stars

Newport Pagnell Road, Northampton, NN7 2AP, United Kingdom

#11 of 14 hotels in Northampton

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

A pleasant 3 night value for money stay whilst visiting relatives who lived 5 Miles away

At times there was an unpleasant drain smell emanating from the macerator toilet system but fortunately it was not constantly pervasive.

Spacious room,comfy bed,excellent bath and shower. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Disppointed

I didnt like like the fact that when I ordered a take out I got told I could not take it to my room and had to eat downstairs. The only thing noted and displayed in the bedroom was about no smoking, which is understandable but there was no mention that this applied to food. I was told its the policy but again there is no mention of this anywhere even when booking through booking. Com. There is even no mention of this on their website which is ridiculous as I'm one of those people that when I stay in hotels I order takeout because pricing is ridiculous. The night shift manager also said it applied to alcohol as well and if found to be having your own alcohol in your room then there would be an extra charge applied of £25. The night before, the night shift manager knocked on my room 20.30 at night whilst I was in the bath to ask if I would be ordering food!!!! Did not expect this, I went there to relax but found this annoying. French Partridge definitely need to make it clear what is and isn't allowed in rooms as I can see this getting a lot of people's backs up. Unfortunately due to this I would not be recommending or staying there again which is disappointing. Maybe if I was aware before hand or even informed upon arrival then it wouldn't have been so bad, poor communication.

Stayed in the superior room which was great, could not really fault it, just the night shift manager that let the place down and the policies that were no where to be seen.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

This place is for pure relaxation.

Very worn out and tired. Needs to be refurbished. Staff is ok just very pushy. We were charged and given a reservation number but when we arrived there the staff insisted there was no booking and I had to pay again. There was no info given regarding wifi password and check out timings. Tried to the reception many times but nobody answered. For many hotels the check out time is 12. So we assumed this was 12 too. At 11.40 we had people knocking on our door to say we can stay till 1pm it will cost £20 extra. Staff just seemed hungry for money. We left at 12:15 without paying extra.

This place is for pure relaxation. Nothing is around it. We met the owner as we were leaving he seemed humble and friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

3.5
    One of the worst hotels Iv'e stayed in the last 10 years and that's out of hundreds!

Room was tired and dated, receptionist totally clueless, only one bottle opener in the entire hotel, nowhere to sit and relax downstairs and more if I could be bothered. couldn't find my reservation I had to. Not a place to stay if you what to enjoy yourself.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

I will go there again, no problem

No hot water in the morning for showers

The food in the restaurant was magnificent; I couldn’t recommend it highly enough; what an excellent chef. Breakfast though was average

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

As I said to my wife, "the French Partridge is no longer posh". Shame.

No bar snacks. Room old and tired. Bathroom leaky and shabby. Shower old and broken. Generally grubby.

Nice lady on check in, her second shift. Smiley and helpful. Her boss seemed a bit... bossy.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Nice hotel shame about the noise and bed

It's an old property and the noise transfer is such that you are disturbed by normal talking from neighboring rooms, creaking floor boards and general noise. The bed matress was quite lumpy. Also, some bedrooms are right on the road which adds to the noise disturbance

Staff were welcoming and accommodating; the hotel is clean, tidy and well appointed

Dont go!

The room was dirty and well neglected mouldy sealant round bath the saniflow was leaking and a towel had just been put on floor and made a real racket, the whole hotel was in need of a good clean and some tlc The waitress stood in reception talking about me as I asked for a refill of chardonnay wine and not pinot grinot as I had received

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The staff dealt excellently with the hot water problem, to...

When we arrived the hotel staff informed us that they had a problem with the hot water, and we were without hot water for 2 nights. This is not the norm, and the staff dealt very well with this. We were compensated well for the inconvenience.

The staff dealt excellently with the hot water problem, to the extent that at no point did we consider moving to another hotel. Attentive service, good facilities, fantastic food all meant we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would happily return.

Terrible

Everything. General areas were not regularly cleaned. Rooms were not clean , I did nt unpack as the draws were dusty and had crumbs in them. The sheets were clean, however the mattress protector was stained and dirty and the duvet had an unpleasant smell. The carpets were badly stained, I wished I had taken slippers. The door in the bathroom which was flimsy meant we could hear every bodily function and conversation from the room next door. There were no glasses for juice at breakfast and no teaspoons for the boiled eggs I ordered, which were served on a plate not in egg cups. The sheets were never changed despite us being there for four nights; this should have been five however we checked out early as for two days the hotel had no hot water. There was generally only one member of staff ,who was left to do everything and to be fair was pleasant and polite and tried very hard in the face of adversity.

Nothing. This hotel is not how it appears on the website. It was tired, shabby and not clean . I have had better experiences many years ago in a youth hostel. The only advantage was it was quite close to the silverstone race circuit.

The room was clean.

The bathroom smelt foul of sewage and bad drains. There was no WiFi. The facilities need urgently updated, the carpet was stained the wardrobe and dressing table and mirror were in poor condition. The window wouldn’t close properly. The whole hotel needs freshened up and reminded me very much of Fawlty Towers. We didn’t bother venturing to bar or restaurant.

The room was clean.

Very pleasant.

Minor issues in bathroom. Steep bath to climb into for shower. Noisy water pipes.

Feel and decor of old building. Easy parking. 15 mins from M1. Food good, excellent breakfast.

My friend and I had a very nice stay and were always greeted with a smile

The quilts inclined to bunch up within the covers for some reason, but just a minor niggle

Friendly staff, always plenty of hot water, very nice breakfast which was cooked to order, plenty of room to park and nice location

excellent place to stay

Nothing comes to mine

nice large room ,clean a tidy room great location for me 10 minute from the course that i was attending in Northampton . i will be booking again when i do another course at that center

Feeling relaxed

A little disappointed with the menu. Quite expensive.

The staff were great especially the young man and young lady who were waiting the tables. Excellent 😄

Liked the building and room but a shower even as an...

Liked the building and room but a shower even as an attachment to bathtaps would’ve been very helpful. Also a mini fridge with at least cold water. And a caffetier with real coffee in the room. And real glasses instead of disposable plastic cups in bathroom... terrible in this day and age to be promoting single use plastic goods and completely unfitting in this establishment. Dining room needs more vegetarian and vegan options and was too brightly lit

Hotel needs some money spent on it and requires more soul as regards ambiance.

The property looked tired and needed some TLC. No information book in the room to tell you about the hotel and the surrounding area. Very noisy WC with macerator. Rooms could be cleaner. Young staff in dining room were very nice.

Food was good. Hotel location was good.

Very disappointing

There was a foul odor coming from our bathroom drains. The plumbing was so loud that when the toilet is flushed or the taps are running a very loud noise (similar to a lawn mower) is heard, making it impossible sleep. There is no air conditioning. The furniture and carpet were both tired and dirty. The room was extremely small the bed is a full (not queen) size. The staff are very unhelpful.

The cobwebs all over the place and spiders.

The cobwebs all over the place and spiders. The water pump and other noises all night ( wirring and toning sounds) front desk was not interested breakfast was a set price even for just a very bad coffee. !!! There must be somewhere better if I need to go back to that area!

Good room, friendly helpful staff, thought menu needed attention.

Floppy brown bread for sandwiches and very expensive, tho decent, bottle of wine. Breakfast disappointing with no fruit, plain yoghurt etc. Little cereal choice. Lovely bread at dinner time so why not breakfast too.

Lovely quirky old place. Good room. Comfy bed. Appreciated the electric fan on the hottest night of the year so far. Good starter course and hot bread, catering for our specific needs time wise. Provided sandwiches in our room later as we requested, as we were out all evening.

Beautiful old house

House is not looked after nor is the garden, such a shame. The general areas of the hotel are not kept clean. Hotel has a bar but is not welcoming, they only serve a drink if you ask, no one is actually located in the bar. One night we accidentally left our keys in the room. Once the hotel is locked and reception closes at 10pm (we arrived back st 1010pm after going out for a meal)there is no way of contacting staff if you are outside. We had to keep knocking and eventually another guest let us in, we could then access a number once back in the hotel, which isn’t helpful if your locked outside. I tried to explain this to the staff but they could only say you should of had your key.

Beautiful old house

Dissappointing

See above

Room and cleanliness fine. Breakfast overpriced,cereals stale,no continental breakfast available despite being told it was an option, booked breakfast 30 mins late,no BROWN bread

Needs a good clean

Very dusty, lots of spiderwebs. No shower in Attenborough room, if you want to quickly wash yourself you need to either have a proper bath or use your hands to combine cold and hot water

Vintage vibe...interesting building

Wasn’t that clean , terrible smell of sewage outside our...

Wasn’t that clean , terrible smell of sewage outside our room in hallway in mornings, no bathrobes when it stated there was, a enforced service charge of 12.5 per cent on our meal which really wasn’t worth money , waitress was very good but when we wanted more drinks had to go and find someone , they say it’s a boutique hotel but in name only I don’t think I would use it again

Fawlty towers

Run out of salad one day with no hot water no safe in room as advertised drinks very expensive sat in garden they locked us out came back to find main door shut never more than 2 staff in attendance one of them done everything fawlty towers would cover the hotel needs a good clean

Not a lot

Very overpriced and needs updating.
    • Family Room (4 People)

The property is really tired and could do with some TLC. Blinds didn't open properly, TV aerial was just a loose hole in the wall and shower wasn't fixed to the wall so you had to hold it. Garden overgrown. Generally in need of some attention and therefore very overpriced for the facilities.

It has character. The uneven floors of such an old building lets you imagine its original use. Nice location. Could be a beaut if it had been maintained.

Beautiful hotel in need of TLC

On arrival, no draft beer at the bar. We were under the impression we were going to be in a town or village, but the nearest pub is a good 10 mins walk Our Rooms were in the roof so very warm on a hot weekend. The place looked tardy and needed a coat of paint, very expensive as GP weekend, but overvalued Bar closed at 10 pm if no one there it closed earlier. Massive spider in the bedroom... Toilet of the adjoining room to one of the bedrooms was very audible and not pleasant.

The breakfast waitress on Sunday morning was cheerful and very happy and accommodating. A delight to be served by such a polite and happy person. A Beautiful building in beautiful grounds.

Loved it.

Shower a bit snug.

Stunning. Staff are exceptional, dinner in restaurant was very very good. The chef certainly knows his business, seasoning spot on and steak rested beautifully. Room was adorably quirky, spotlessly clean. Bed was comfortable, sash windows open to let plenty of air in and there was a fan for our stunning July heatwave. Bathroom was lovely, shower a bit snug, reminded me of a cruise ship shower, but it was clean, water temp control worked, toiletries were nice. So quiet an area, nice for walks, chilling and eating. Nicely stocked bar, breakfast staff pleasant and chatty, breakfast had a good range of choice. I will certainly be going back, a quirky retreat away from the same old same old chain hotels.

A lovely building in a reasonable condition but the grounds looked as if finances were a problem.

There seems to be some problem with the restaurant and no menu was available when we asked as we would have had dinner. We went to a local pub instead and found two other refugees who had had the same experience. The web site indicated an extensive menu but relatively expensive. In the morning the reception desk was manned by what appeared to be the chef who did not respond to my question about the status of the restaurant but asked if we needed breakfast. We declined.

Nice large room although the generous bathroom did not have a shower.

Really quirky and lovely comfy beds
    • Family Room (4 People)

This could be an amazing hotel but it needs more attention to detail. There is no excuse for overflowing ashtrays in the garden. We loved the faded splendor and this could be a real usp BUT it doesn't work if things are scruffy such as signage....

This is a really cooky place to stay. The epitome of shabby chic.

The hotel was reasonably comfortable and clean but needs a little more personal attention.

Breakfast: Asked for scrambled eggs on toast, - got a large plate with a small amount of scrambled egg on it without any toast. The toast was brought on a separate triangle??!! which then left no toast for marmalade. Also the tea which I had to make myself was from a hot water jug/flask - luke-warm. I would have expected a pot of tea. Unfortunately my first night was not good either. The pillows on the bed had a bad odour like wet feathers. I ended up using a couple of cushions off the sofa with a towel from the bathroom as a cover. They did change the pillows for our second night and they were ok.

The Evening meals in the restaurant were excellent with large portions, which was good as there were no other restaurants nearby.

Perhaps more teabags and milks in the room but that is based on personal preference and we drink a lot of tea!

Ash and Barbara were fantastic hosts and the room was very well appointed.

Absolutely phenomenal steak!

The bathroom was connected to the next door room's bathroom and we could hear their entire conversation. Luckily for them they were speaking Spanish!

Absolutely phenomenal steak!

Lovely stay spoilt by Wi-fi access issues once again...

Wi-fi needs sorting, none existent as can never log on and staff haven’t a clue how to sort issues with it. Always issues with Wi-fi when stay here...it’s such a shame and like everything else.

The steak was lovely, nice food and comfy bed...lovely Oldy worldy rooms.

Disappointing - failed to live up to the promise of its website.
    • Family Room (4 People)

The gardens to the hotel were desperately in need of attention (grass not mowed for months, flower borders clogged with weeds, a summer house in dereliction). I chose the hotel because of its french inspired menu. However, the menu presented bore no comparison to that advertised by its website - which I consider misrepresentation! We later found out from some local people that it used to have an excellent chef who left some time ago, since when it has gone down hill. No wonder we were the only diners on a Saturday evening.

Lovely old characterful building but beginning to look in need of attention. Moderately enjoyable meal (but see above).

It is close to Santa Pod circuit and The breakfast was good

The room was very dirty, inside of the chest of drawers, the floor was very dirty. We coudn´t have a shower and I coudn´t wash my hair because of the bath, the bed wasn´t confortable...

It is close to Santa Pod circuit and The breakfast was good

Great location for visiting Northants. Wonderful food, relaxing environment and helpful staff.

Nothing could have been better, even the weather was perfect.

The food in the restaurant was exceptionally good, as was the Full English breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful, the bath was huge and the shower was good too. A really relaxing retreat weekend

Extremely attentive staff

Nothing !! :)

Extremely attentive staff Very quiet location, dead silent at night Excellent restaurant, great quality cuisine Very clean and well-maintained rooms and bathrooms On-site spa

Not as expected

No staff seen during a fire alarm activation and no role call, heating not fully working, broken items in room Inc lights not working, kettle that you can't boil, mouldy portable aircon unit, broken toilet roll holder, lights not on during evening which make it difficult to see where to walk in corridors, wires trailing over the floor in walk ways, extention leads run under carpet risk of fire, bed had missing screws, tv programed to come on every morning at a set time and unable to stop this happening, windows extremely out dated and unable to open/close easy, tv not tuned in, upon leaving I was handed an invoice but was ask who I was and had never meet this member of staff yet she willingly gave me this information with card details address etc on without confirming who I was! Door to the room was badly bowed and all doors in room were hard to close shut.

I could always find place to park, staff were present, apart from one.

Great place, friendly, helpful staff, good food, lovely location, would stay again if in the area

Just one niggle, as early risers and therefore early sleepers, we were disturbed by a bit of noise between 10pm and 11pm, I’m not sure much can be done about this as I realise that not everyone keeps to the same schedule

Staff were excellent, We were looking for a base to explore the area, Horton was Ideal as it allowed easy access to all the areas we wanted to visit, while being in a lovely village setting. We set off each morning after a lovely cooked breakfast that kept us going till evening Would recommend as the rooms were spacious, clean & tidy, staff were always pleasant & helpful

While everything was OK there was a distinct lack of atmosphere.

Garden and outdoor spaces were scruffy and unkempt. We were informed that the breakfast meal times were different to the ones shown on the menu. There was a lack of atmosphere due to a lack of other guests.

Good food, but limited menu. Comfortable and spacious room and clean.

Will not stay here again, there are much better hotels in the area for the money.

Noise from the road, curtains that were too small for the window, dated bathroom facilities, no comfortable lounge to sit in, no comfortable seats in the bar. Breakfast was served in the bar, not the dining room, the breakfast menu was poor - no choice of cereal, just cornflakes, if you wanted tea you made it yourself from a Thermos of warm water. Generally a rub-down feel.

Very helpful and friendly staff, especially the young guy who served us at breakfast.

Excellent value for money!

Little bit dated/tired room ( Campion) toiled door lock broken ..

Stunning venue for the money! Excellent staff. very quiet location. Fantastic evening meal , pricy but worth every penny ! Steak was sublime!

Individual character hotel at a very reasonable cost.

A little mould in one corner of the bath. Old fashioned shower ( set temp for bath water then turn knob over to shower( I didn't find this a big deal but some may not like it). Carpets all a bit tired (again I didn't find this a problem. The room cost less than a Premier Inn. The hotel was much more individual and a good Full English breakfast was included).

Large room,comfortable bed,very good water flow in shower, bath for those that prefer it,good quality toiletries, fresh towels each day, very good breakfast (especially second day), very pleasant and friendly staff. Although we didn't eat in the restaurant, several other guests said that the food was excellent.

Cute rooms, staff a bit clueless and were rude.

The bathroom was joined with another bathroom and we could hear every word the couple next door were saying and could even hear them on the toilet which wasn't pleasant. We came down for breakfast in the morning, the info in the room said it finished at 10.30am at the weekend, we arrived at 10.05am to be told breakfast was over in a very rude and abrupt way. I was shocked!

The room was cute.

Very Very Disappointing

3rd floor via stairs , our room cold even had an oil heater in the room because the radiator is not big enough . Toilet did not flush properly , DIY handle on cistern ,dark , bathroom ,mirror light bulbs blown so impossible to shave or do make up , blinds broken in bedroom so making it even worse . Shower was garbage and the lack of a rubber mat in the bath made it bloody dangerous , the pretty grip patterns on the bath floor were totally useless . Breakfast , not a clue what to have , the usual side buffet , juice etc , not until a nice young lady came into the room and told us what was available . I have looked and posted on Trip Advisor , I think that for such a lovely buildind , it's very sad that the manager / owner does not even bother to reply to any comments . I would not recomend or stay here again .

Beautiful building and lovely wallpaper in our bedroom (GUNNING ROOM)

Very poor standards and lack of warmth shown by staff .

Facilities poor poor service from staff .outside our room smelt like the sewers were blocked .no sofas in the bar area just wooden tables and chairs and having yo pay extra £7.99 on top of the room for breakfast was terrible as the payment for the room of £90 was extreemly high I do not think the hotel warranted the star rating .when going down for breakfast having no coffee available and a piece of paper for a menu very poor

bed was very comfortable

In the room there was no information about the hotel or the...

In the room there was no information about the hotel or the area, luckily I know the area so not a problem for me. But information on the times of breakfast were the very least that should be available. Also breakfast didn't start till 8.30 am which is far to late for anyone travelling on business. But my biggest issue was they took money from my card before I arrived sand then charged me again for my room. On ringing the hotel and asking for my money to be returned and the manager to call me, neither as yet has been done. Mistakes happen but this is very poor service

Enjoyable stay in quaint building, a change from the usual modern hotels.

The building is beginning to show its age and really needs a redecorate. However, the rates reflect this.

Good location, rooms clean and tidy. Food was good.

Not up to expectations

Because it was windy the window was banging all night .we stayed here time ago and it was lovely but this time it's looking shabby and in need of a revamp .staff were polite .

The bed was comfortable

Average at best

Quirky little hotel. Very limited dinner menu and expensive too fot the quality provided. No draught beer. Wifi coverage is pants. Breakfast scheduled start is 07:30, didn't get anything before 08:00. If you want a sleepy weekend in a quirky listed building then it's fine. Quick service for business travellers it's a no. There isn't a residents lounge with armchairs / sofas with newspapers etc only rock hard wooden furniture. Limited TV channels too and no real ability to plug in a firestick. Would only stay there again if I couldn't get in anywhere else!

Needs more attention

Not being shown to my room but getting directed to it from the bottom of the stairs! The 'bar' is very small and has no draught beer/cider. No bottled water in room and tv didn't work although I just watched Netflix on my IPad and reported it in the morning only to be told that the batteries were changed the day before which left me wondering if they were aware of the fault then.

The freestanding bath was lovely and the bed was very comfortable. The location is nice and quiet too.

Comfy but noisy room

The noise of the toilet kept me awake No hairdryer Draught from the window

Lovely staff - actually only saw one person throughout check in to breakfast

Comfy bed,nice breakfast,staff nice and friendly

The rooms were a little tired decor wise and the bathroom,although clean wasn't the best.The hotel also says there is an holistic spa,but I couldn't see any sign of this.Location wise there is not a lot within walking distance

Comfy bed,nice breakfast,staff nice and friendly

Pleasant in the end, though s token for the hassle would have been appreciated.

Issue with payment spoilt the first part of our stay. Apology given but still felt it was up to me to sort out their Issue! Felt the room could have been cleaner ie hoovered

Lovely hotel in a nice area. Good breakfast and comfortable room.

Tired, seen better days run by friendly but vastly under-resourced staff.

Lots of road noise ( our room was right on the road ) a lovely breakfast of generous proportion totally spoilt by being served stone cold. Toast never arrived,nor did ketchup when asked for.

Large room, friendly welcome, comfortable bed

poor customer service, booked a different hotel for next week .

Very unhappy with the breakfast service serving at 7.30 am most hotels offer a 7.00am service. I had to travel to work and missed a cooked breakfast on the last day I arrived late at work just so I could have a cooked breakfast no effort to offer me an early sitting very poor attitude of the staff and what may have been the manager or owner.

Enjoyed the room

Disappointing.....

Struggle to understand how this place is still open, as we were the only guests in the whole hotel over the weekend. Place is very tired looking and lacks any form of atmosphere. It's a real shame, as the hotel has the potential to be a lovely place...but needs a lot of investment.

Location and a decent shower.

Some of the bedrooms may need a little updating, the restaurant was a really good space.

All ok

We had lunch at the property and must say the food was excellent, the staff were extremely helpful. We had friends in Northampton so were only 10 mins away from the centre.

dissapointed

smell in room sewage but was moved to a better room service poor on first night bill wrong over charged on a bottle wine and then forgot to charge for breakfast so called us at home atmosphere poor disappointing anniversary stay

room decor nice food good standrad

It was fine

There is a footboard at the bottom of the bed which meant you could not see the TV! The front of the building is lit up which shone through into the room and it is on a busy main road.

The bed was very comfortable

Overall a nice stay for one night with a comfy bed and friendly staff.

The interior is a little mis-matched and could do with a bit of a cash injection to neaten everything up a bit. The seal on the shower screen was mouldy and could do with a soak in bleach and the bath drain was clogged with hair. As the room was overlooking the main road, early morning traffic woke us up, so perhaps a black out blind with noise minimiser for the room could be good. I don’t think the staff were prepared for us at breakfast either as there was missing cutlery and mugs, that we had to ask for. Just a bit more attention to detail could really be beneficial to the business.

The bed was very comfortable and the building itself was lovely.

Fairly comfortable , a friendly receptionist on the first evening , and the tapas was excellent

There was no cream for the coffee and the coffee vacuum dispenser spluttered and stained clothes...also the reception desk was left unattended with no one about

The full English was good especially the sausage and bacon

Didn't live up to expectations for a boutique hotel

Room was shabby and the toilet smelt. Curtains didn't close properly and were half hanging off when I tried to close them. I would have expected the cleaner to have at least reported it and gotten it fixed, however given the cleanliness of the room (floors dirty and dust and cobwebs) I am not surprised this didn't happen

Staff in bar and at reception were very nice and friendly. Tapas in bar is very good.

Sorry, but would not use this Hotel again.

I cannot see how this hotel has a 4* rating. The Hotel is very tiered and needs refreshing. The bathroom also needs replacing.

The staff were very helpful and courteous. They accommodated us by changing our room to a quieter and larger family room. They were able to do this as the Hotel was empty for most of our stay.

Good value

Quite a bit of noise from adjoining rooms both it’s annokd coaching house so the sound proofing isn’t going to be brilliant. Bit shabby round the edges, bathroom could do with a refit.

Lovely big room, comfortable bed, great breakfast.

Disappointing.

Disappointing. Did not feel welcome on arrival. No chef in the 'kitchen' for dinner so opted out of eating. Room was comfortable but wouldn't stay again or recommend.

For £10.00 less I could have stayed at a nearby Marriott in comfort, wish I did

Basic accommodation of a shabby B&B, poorly decorated rooms, shower head wasn't operable, toilet was not flushed, mis-matching furniture, attitude of staff when I justifiably complained and was moved to an equally dingey attic room, bedside lamp didn't work, neither did T.V. Will not be recommending this establishment to friends or collegues. No night Porter???

Nothing about this "Hotel" is desirable

Lovely room but with wasps sleepless nite

The fact it was a warm evening we opened the windows to be woken early hours by wasps in the room and when turning on light could see the wasps bouncing off window with wasps flying around the room was not good at 4am!

The room was lovely

very comfortable stay, with very pretty accommodation

There was only 1 young lady 'on duty' and whilst she was in full attendance with absolutely no issue, her workload felt unfair. No comfortable seating/relaxing area.

Very friendly and accommodating. Wonderful food.

Building was quite nice
    • Family Room (4 People)

Terrible value for money over the bank holiday weekend. The food was just horrendous - stay away from the restaurant. Not sure who is cooking, we left most of our dinner. Steak had been cremated so much so it was hard to cut left alone eat it when we had asked for a medium. Veg pasta was bland, this restaurant is expensive too and doesn't show any consistency. Mix match of different types of food. We are out at the local pubs instead. Dirty clothes left in the room from the previous guest and not the cleanest of rooms or bathrooms it has to be said. Very disappointing We won't be using this hotel again.

Building was quite nice

Absolutly dreadful!

So I'm not usually one to vent on Facebook although I know how powerful social media can be, please share this post so people know not to stay at The French Partridge Northampton! Mally Williams Daniel Williams Bethan Josephine Jackie Hinkley Jackie Hinkley AVOID AVOID AVOID!!! Myself, partner and family had booked to stay here as we were attending our nephews wedding a few miles away. I had previously phoned the hotel to let them know I couldn't check in until late on the Friday night due to work commitments. They told me this was not a problem, only to phone me on the Friday whilst I was making my way to there to say there was no 24 hour check in service and I needed to check in before 22:00hrs, I was not going to be able to make it but luckily my sister and brother in law were due to arrive at 21:30, but I feel I should have been told this when I contacted them in the first place. We arrived to be greeted by our brother in law and we were staying a room called 'the parr' First glance the room looked pleasant and clean, looking closer the tv unit had a layer of dust all over it, there was a stain on the side chair and there was cobwebs hanging from the ceiling in the bathroom. There was tea in the room but no coffee so after a three hour journey and no one to call for assistance I couldn't even enjoy my Favourite hot beverage! We attended to my brothers room for a little night cap (seems there was no coffee) and whilst we were not 'partying' we were talking and excited about the wedding ahead. The neighbouring guest aggressively hammered on the wall! On the Saturday the day of the Wedding, we went downstairs for breakfast which was included in the price. The coffee was pre-made and COLD! There was a small selection of; Two cereals Yogurts Ham Cheese Jams A pastry Then we were asked what we would like in regards to full english with choice of eggs and bread.

Althorp House and Canons Ashby were easily accessible and the reason for the visit.

Did not find the safety deposit box - we did not need it but others might and we mentioned that a robe had not been left in the en-suite ( although the tie had - just so they did not think we had taken it !!) A robe was supplied by the time we returned.

The bed was comfy and the en-suite excellent - just like the picture. We ate in the restaurant the first evening - lovely meal and had the same wine which I had had sitting in the garden after arrival mid afternoon. The garden would benefit from a bit more attention but overall (apart from the weather !!) it was good enough to sit out for the short time we did.

Pleasant night away from work.

My room was next to the staircase and the floor physically moved when guests came up the stairs. The restaurant menu had limited choices but was excellent food - quite pricey but quality.

My stay was very comfortable and I had everything I needed for an overnight stay. Hairdryer, shampoo etc....

Great except for stinky plumbing issue.

The toilet in the room stank! It kept making loud noises and releasing the scent of sewage... not nice whilst trying to unwind in the bath!

The food was delicious, although we almost didn't get any because the Chef had gone missing! Luckily the receptionist was very helpful and arranged for a take away delivery... Eventually the Chef returned and we were able to sample food from their menu.