Reviews of The Palm Court Hotel 3 stars

15 Burlington Place, Eastbourne, BN21 4AR, United Kingdom

Reasonably happy with stay

Breakfast disappointing whereas reviews said it was fabulous Lift down to breakfast room rather dirty.

Comfy beds. Hot water. Warm room. Quiet. Good location for restaurants.

We had a good stay, largely as a result of meeting the other guests and making our own entertainment

The other guests had paid the same price as us but for half board. This deal was not available when we booked. Only one staff member covering reception and Bar over the whole stay. We were informed we would have to go over the road for entertainment - this was not possible due to lack of access ( too many steps) we had booked the Palm Court specifically as it had a ramp! The other hotel did not so neither my father nor the other guests with mobility problems had access to entertainment. We were charged inconsistent amounts for a pot of tea for two by different staff. We paid for evening meal on one occasion but felt this was overpriced when starter was fruit juice and ice cream was one scoop.

Breakfast was well cooked. Room clean and comfortable. Some staff were very friendly and helpful. Met some other guests who had stayed there several times under the previous ownership - they were lovely.

breakfast ok !

torn net curtains. toilet not flushing, but was corrected when notified, no hot water when wanted a wash or shower. was told it was because to many people using at the same time. old building,

breakfast ok !

Lovely!,

Only thing is that photo ID was required This was the first time I had ever been asked for photo ID for a hotel . I missed this in the booking confirmation as was right at the bottom of email. I do think , as this is important information , it should be at the very top of the email as many people would also miss this as it is not usually require

Very spacious rooms, Comfortable bed Friendly staff Good parking

It was very refreshing to be by the sea again

It’s not soo much about not liking. We had a curtain issue, we could not draw them, thus had the street lamp shining in our eyes all night!!

We had a lovely big room with an on suite bathroom.

Staff were attentive.

Small lift

Staff were attentive. Good choice for breakfast. Accessible ground floor room for wheelchair.. Pleasant lounges. Close to town centre, beach, restaurants and theatres/galleries

I should have left when I saw the bedroom.

The bedroom was terrible as you can see from the photos. The chair was ripped and stained,water damaged lampshade.Bed very creeky and saggy. Bathroom shower barely more than a trickle, decor trim peeling badly and very dirty. Breakfast orange juice was in fact orange squash so gave that a miss.

The outside of the hotel is very attractive. Breakfast staff pleasant.

I liked the warm friendly atmosphere, and equally warm and...

We had a ground floor room facing the road and by reception entrance, other guests very thoughtless and inconsiderate, very loudly talking until past 11 pm, my husband and myself are unwell and after a long journey and a trip out around Eastbourne decided to turn on early, as it was 7.30pm we did expect some noise, but also did expect staff to ensure other gusts were considerate and asked to keep noise to a minimum. Which did not happen we were also opposite a fire door leading to other rooms which banged loudly every time someone used it, eventually though the loud talking died down apart from loud thuds and bangs, then that stopped, but then I had trouble getting to sleep as the room was freezing cold and the cold air was affecting my copd, making me cough and catch my breath I had to put my outdoor fleece on to keep warm when getting in and out to use the toilet and in bed, eventually I managed to drift off to sleep only to be woken again by two men talking very loudly right outside the rooms window, these men then came inside and carried on a loud conversation right outside our door, I opened the door after about 20 minutes and asked them to talk more quietly, they were stood in front of the lift which was almost outside our door too which also accounts for some of the loud banging, my husbands mostly deaf so managed to sleep through all this, I hardly slept and if I don't sleep well I feel more unwell the next day, thankfully it was a one night stay, we had a stay at the same hotel a few months before that time we were booked in for one night but liked it so much we asked about booking in for the following night a member of staff said there was availability so we paid for an extra night, however the next morning after breakfast a member of staff told us we had been double booked and we had to leave, there needs to be more better trained staff at this hotel the ones already there are lovely, friendly, helpful and polite but I feel they have too many jobs to...

I liked the warm friendly atmosphere, and equally warm and friendly welcome from the very helpful friendly staff, who I think are rather overworked as one person seemed to be doing the work of three or more, the hotel is itself a lovely property just a shame the owners don't keep up with the maintaintence needed and keep it to an acceptable standard, in my room alone poorly fitting windows, armchairs with greasy dirty armrests, top bedsheets ripped in one corner, the shade to. The lamp was damaged with rips and holes, the bed itself was for me rather hard and uncomfortable, making my existing back conditions worse, the bathroom was good though and the whole room was clean

Stayed Friday to Sunday,people all leaving Saturday morning before 7am and very noisy, Curtains did not draw properly,bought pegs to keep them together,a big bathroom but the shower could have been bigger

Lovely big room X large,bathroom was big too

Good place for location, only stayed 1 night, could do with a bit of an update, but value for money

Hotel a bit dirty, bathroom very shabby, shower door fell off !

Breakfast was very good. Staff friendly and helpful. Good location, parked easily using parking permit from hotel and good size room.

Pleasant despite the parking issue

Hotel stated parking available but didn’t specify that it would be a nightmare to find a space!! Hotel should be more specific on lack of parking ! Also very old fashioned. Thought we’d paid for breakfast but was told we hadn’t.

Very comfy beds and pillows very clean also.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

very happy to have time spend in this friendly hotel..

not a thing

staff very help full, room was great , not as noisy as we thought even with the window open .. house keeping were amazing . decks staff very very good and help full with local things..

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Great hotel, good location, very comfortable beds & quite spacious rooms, great value for money

Our first nights stay was a fabulous ground floor room but I stank of stale cigarette smoke, the manager was very obliging & gave us a complimentary drink, we moved to another room for the next night, a wee bit smaller but still quite large, much better as it was fresh smelling so

Nice hotel, had a lift to get upstairs, very comfortable beds, I really liked they had a sheet then the Duvet so if you were too hot you could tgriw the hot duvet off & gets a good nifgts sleep

I had to wait several minutes for the waitress to take my...

I had to wait several minutes for the waitress to take my order. I had the fruit juice came then the English breakfast. They missed the cereal I ordered. The couple next to me did not get there toast.

We were woken late at night by noise from other guests and...

We were woken late at night by noise from other guests and banging doors. And woken at 6-30 by the guest in the room above banging and loud tv and talking.

lovely, enjoyed it and would go again.

There was a noise which sounded like either a washer or dryer going on all night. But once used to the noise sleep was excellent and i didnt want to get out of the bed.

The bed was amazing, we were very comfortable. Staff very helpful and polite and allowed us into the room early which was fabulous to drop our stuff and enjoy the day knowing where we were staying. Great access to property via steps or a gentle ramp. Wide doors. Walk in shower. Plenty of hot water and lovely shower. Bedroom was bigger than the average for the area.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Close sea fronts and access to town centre

Hotel informed us in last minutes that they booked us in error which this hotel is full while we booked it on last year so they offer us to stay opposite The Hadleigh hotel under same management and they didn't offer us any discounted or compensation, they error not us but they refuse it and we still paid in full!. The Hadleigh hotel look bit shabby and need updating and the reception not very friendly and wrong environment for us to stay with other group coach party. we felt we not fit it and embarrassed. We disappoint it.

Close sea fronts and access to town centre

Room was excellent, good size with plenty of space - only...

Room was excellent, good size with plenty of space - only thing missing was a mini fridge. Good location as we were here primarily for tennis at Devonshire Park. Staff were friendly and helpful, would use again.

Outside ramp to pull my suitcase up!

Outside ramp to pull my suitcase up!! Ease of access and a lift to my floor. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Satisfying breakfast served promptly! Cosy and comfortable twin room. I had a couple of good nights sleep and enjoyed my stay.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Very pleasent would book again but perhaps a bigger room if possible

May sound silly but tomatoes on breakfast very watery and little bit more breakfast would of been nice. Shower very small ☹

Bed very comfy seating area in bar very relaxing

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

We had a fantastic time!

I understand busy mornings,when you have to serve a lot of breakfasts(have been working at hotel my self many years ago),but important for client is to have clean cutlery and table😔So sorry,only that need to be look after a bit more😔

We had a fantastic time! Quiet,nice hotel.Very comfortable beds,big room(girls had a bit smaller,but still comfortable)Quiet street,grate service😉Rooms have all we need😊Just up the road to the beach.Not far from all restaurants and bars.One word-great!

I really enjoyed my stay very clean and spacious room and...

I really enjoyed my stay very clean and spacious room and bathroom very good value for money. Nice communial lounge and bar staff helpful in particular young girl in restaurant. The rooms were a little dated but very clean and have all the thngs you need hairdryer, fan, TV, toiletteries etc. Icannot fault the hotel for the price.

Would stay here again😃

It's nothing really but when you fancy a biscuit with your cuppa, they don't provide them. That's our only grumble😣

Just an all round good hotel😀

The hotel suited our purpose very well, and was good value for money.

Our room was not the one pictured on the website, though similar. The TV didn't work, and they couldn't put it right. However, they gave me a reduction without being asked. It caters mainly for older people, so children are a bit out of place.

Beds comfortable, breakfast good, staff friendly. This is a good basic budget hotel in an excellent location.

Satisfactory but staff very helpful and friendly

Overall very good though could do with updating and more information in room ie password for WiFi as example

Satisfactory but staff very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Excellent short stay

Decor was a bit tired in room with the chipboard but otherwise good facilities with comfy beds and ample storage space.

Good size room with excellent en-suite facilities. An unexpected fan was also placed in the room which was a bonus with hot weather along with iron, CD player free Wi-fi also included good for price. Great location close to beach and town centre.

Reception staff friendly and Manager accommodating.

Bathroom was a little tired could do with updating.

Reception staff friendly and Manager accommodating. Down for a family funeral and requested early access to rooms. They were obliging and let us in to all 3

The room was a very good size and had everything we needed...

great location

The room was a very good size and had everything we needed for our stay. The location was great , with both the town and pier being a short walk away. Great to get reduced rate parking through the hotel and we were able to park just outside the hotel.

Don’t pay for breakfast! I would not stay again!

Where do I begin?! The man that checked me in was very rude and unhelpful! He was more concerned chatting to the people at the bar than checking me in, I had to wait a good few minutes before I was even acknowledged! He gave no information at all, didn’t tell me when breakfast was, check out times, even where my room actually was! He did however tell me I could pay on check out because he “couldn’t be bothered” to take the payment then! The room was small, decent sized bathroom, but hot water was hard to come by! The bed was hard and the pillows like wafers, very uncomfortable, especially when you’re staying for 5 nights! Breakfast was appalling! I went down for breakfast on the first morning (guessing what time it was actually on) to be greeted with a tiny bowl of cereal, a very small glass of juice and cold toast, which was obviously prepared and just brought out of the kitchen. When I asked for more I felt like Oliver Twist and was met with huffs. I’ve never stayed in a hotel where you can’t help yourself to juice and cereal. The cooked breakfast wasn’t much better! I only had a few items but nothing tasted right so I left it. I don’t often write reviews like this, but having worked in customer service and in the holiday industry, I feel that this hotel treats their guests with little care (I overheard one guy in reception saying his shower wasn’t working for 2/3 days) and there is little attention paid to the hotel itself!

The night porter was great, didn’t catch his name, a Portuguese lad, very helpful and friendly. Location was great, as I was working at the theatre, it was only a stones throw away. Close to the centre of town and the beach too.

Comfortable bed.

There was a stale unpleasant smell from the fan in the bathroom. The air vents needed cleaning. Mentioned a couple of times. Would have been worse if not able to open window.

Comfortable bed. Plenty to eat at breakfast time. Friendly staff serving breakfast.

Great location - budget friendly visit while in Eastbourne

The bed was not very comfortable and and our room was right by the check in so you could you constantly hear people coming in and out the front door. A room on a higher floor would have been better.

Extra friendly staff who were quite helpful when checking it. The property was an easy walk to the pier and to the town centre. The room was very clean and provided for everything you could need (coffee, hair dryer, shampoo and body wash.

OK for a couple of nights

First room allocated wasn't made up, second room allocated toilet didn't have a seat, the door lock was broken. Later we discovered that the toilet door wouldn't close shut and the light above the sink was broken.

The maintenance man quickly made the repairs. Excellent breakfast with superb service from Liz, the waitress.

Was ok once we transferred to different room

Our first room! Shower not working. Button was jammed in. Apparently this problem was known and they told us to switch shower on by mains: the switch on top of door frame. We couldn’t reach. Waited ages for maintenance man. Eventually Asst Manager put us into different room

Breakfast nice location good. Brilliant Asst manager

Nice comfortable stay , but improvements could’be made

TV didn’t have any reception, lack of information in the room , and being asked for ID on arrival , after already paying with a credit card

Clean and comfortable, nice bed and a big bath

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Friendly staff in a tired and fade sea side B&B

The hotel is tired, there were holes in the wall of my room, the corridor on fooor two, my curtain was broken and the phone didn’t work in my room. The lift was dirty and reception didn’t look particularly inviting with loose carpet tiles and clutter on the desks. My shower didn’t work on arrival and I had to go to a meeting after a hot journey without showering. To be fair this was resolved by the time I returned. The room was really really hot, whilst I accept that we are in a heatwave, not being able to create an airflow meant that It was too hot to sleep.

The staff were friendly and did solve the issue with the shower.

Could be better

Shower would only work if you switched it on outside the bathroom via switch above the door. Couldn't turn down water temperature. Asked for a room bear the ground but instead got a room on the top floor. Tradesmen working away from home seem to end up at the top out the way

Close to all amenities and sea front

Friendly Staff / Good value for money.

This hotel is old but it clean and quiet. Good Value for money.

This is a hotel a step away from the beach at a reasonable price. ( 6 minutes to the beach front - 10 minutes to the train station). Plenty of wall socket - eight!!- for all electronic devices and all working properly, this is very important nowadays. Kettle in the room free of change, priceless for an evening tea before bed. Friedly staff he knows his job, easy check-in process 5 minutes. This hotel is in line with the Uk standard, it ok for a weekend off.

Good location and breakfast but shower is not functional. Overall unreasonably expensive

The water pressure was very low on the third floor so the shower is not a shower really but merely a spray. I didn't go for a swim but it would have been impossible to wash the beach off me if I went for a dip. The floor was a bit too shaking in the bathroom too.

The location and breakfast were great. The staff are helpful

Overall a good hotel, quite decent and definitely value for...

The only problem was the...birds outside that woke us up at 5am and couldn't sleep again

Overall a good hotel, quite decent and definitely value for money

Not the best for cleanliness

It wasn’t well kept. There were cobwebs everywhere and despite me having emailed them before hand about having soya milk available they didn’t provide any or let me know that they wouldn’t have any available. Bed wasn’t the most comfortable either and shower was really small

Location was good. Receptionist that checked us in was very friendly and room was very big.

We have the room ground floor. Near the reception, very noisy and can hear people talking and walking midnight . The room just okay to stay a night. The bed and pillow very old . Make my neck and back hurt . We couldn’t sleep well . I won’t go back anymore.

Cheap and great location with a comfy bed

Could be slightly updated but with the prices they are charging I can’t really complain about anything that would be me trying to pick something. But it is an older building so I guess it adds character anyway.

The place is very central we lived in Eastbourne before so we knew the location would be great. The bed was very comfy and the shower pressure was actually better than I thought. The beds have wheels though so we went on a bit of an adventure when getting into it but I overall thought it was good and it had a bar etc what more do you need when it’s that affordable

Good location, 24 hrs car park 2 minute walk, recommended

Extractor fan in bathroom didn't work. We were only there for a night but we didn't mention it to management though.

Breakfast was excellent, great food, great staff and service. Nice clean room, good value for a cheaper hotel and one we will return to.

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Palm Court Hotel on...

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Palm Court Hotel on Saturday 2nd June for one night (room 301). We were disgusted to find horrendous bit marks on my boyfriend’s skin once we got home. His skin felt so itchy and red, we ended up visiting A&E who confirmed that he had been bitten badly by bed bugs. I am disgusted with the cleanliness levels of your facilities and extremely disappointed that a birthday weekend away ended up in A&E! Very old fashioned, didnt feel clean and very small rooms.

Welcoming, comfortable enjoyable time. Will return

The lift - not quite big enough for wheelchair and only space for wheel chair no person

All staff absolutely fantastic, friendly and helpful from manager down to cleaner. Disabled facilities were adequate would recommend this hotel and will be staying again ourselves

Stain one the bed.

Stain one the bed. The shower was falling out. The hot tab u can literally pull off. Cobwebs on the lights. Floor creeks everywhere you go!. The maid let herself into our room at 8am even though we had the thing on the door and the door was locked. Tv had no signal. Room needs updating! Would not go again it was horrible

A comfortable hotel in a good location.

Parking is only on the surrounding streets and costs £1 a day via a scratch card.

Comfortable room which was a good size for a single. Bathroom was large and included a bath with a shower. The hotel had a pleasant lounge for guests. There was also an iron and ironing board in the room. Wi fi was available in the common areas although I was not given a password on check in. The breakfast was a la carte and was excellent quality, well cooked and presented. Service was fast and efficient. The hotel is located on a corner, close to the beach and theatres, plus just a short walk from the town centre

One night stay

Two party animals above us up all night with TV turned right up and walking around noisy floor boards so didn't sleep all night

Friendly staff and location

OK but i came away from the noise of Brighton to only get a sleepless night with Creaking Floorboard

I paid for a Double room. That Double room was in fact a single room with the beds pushed together with a double bed set. When we entered the room we could find the light switch. This was because the beds, being pushed together, hid the light switch. Cost wise it was only a matter of £4 difference but there is a principle there. Also. Its an old hotel. Under all the newly decorated or renovated rooms its still fundamentally old, the floorboards proved that! . The people in the room above us walked around till after midnight and throughout the night. The floorboards creaked so badly we couldn't sleep. I complained at 4:30am, asking what was going on up above us and all i got told was that it couldn't be dealt with till 8am in the morning when i could speak to the manager. When i say the floorboards were loud. I mean UNBEARABLY loud!!! Ridiculously loud!

The room was clean. £1 parking permit to park close to the hotel. Staff friendly enough. The breakfast was good, with a fair selection of items.

Good location & clean but needs a good refurb

Needs updating. Curtains were hanging off. Blanket on the bed felt like it hadn’t been washed in months. Corridor stank of cigarette smoke on floor 3.

Location was great right by the seafront. We checked in very late but was seen to very quickly. Bed was comfortable & room very big.

Location was good, lounge area very good, bar area a bit...

Did not eat there so Cant comment on food,only stayed one night, but overall impressions were favourable so no complaints.

Location was good, lounge area very good, bar area a bit "holiday camp style" but suited purpose I suppose if the hotel gets busy in the peak season. Staff pleasant enough, room smallish but adequate and clean

Reasonably priced hotel for a couple of days and fairly quiet so had a good nights sleep

In need of new toilet seat. Curtains need cleaning and the nets need replacing. Mirror was unsafe ( not fixed) on dressing table In need of new toilet seat. Curtains need cleaning and the nets need replacing. Mirror was unsafe (not fixed) on dressing table, heater falling apart.

Beds were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was hot and fresh and waitresses was polite and friendly.

Fine for short stay.

Hotel seems very tired and in need of a little updating and TLC. Just little things needed attention in our room, the extractor fan didn’t work in our bathroom and the shower was a little tame! The room was very small but we were only there for one night so it wasn’t a problem. I think that it is generally older people that stay in the hotel as it had that smell about it!

Location is good, room was clean. Reasonable rates.

Size of the room

Very squeaky floorboards throughout the room and curtains in bay windows were hanging loose where hooks were broken and were fixed with a peg!

Size of the room

Short walk to beach - Very helpful and friendly staff.

3rd floor stank of cannabis so my Daughter had to be moved to a different room ( Staff were very apologetic and gave her an upgrade to a double room on a different floor ) I do understand that it's not the Hotels fault if a guest decides to smoke cannabis but it is a no smoking Hotel - Breakfast wasn't very nice at all ( Boiled mushrooms and herby sausages yuk ) The guy serving breakfast was very friendly and attentive :-) - TV didn't work - No handle on one of the mugs in the room and TV remote control had no battery cover - Wallpaper was coming off the walls - We still had a nice stay regardless of the hotel because Eastbourne is lovely but as it was my Birthday treat, it would have been good to have a nice room and perhaps watch Emmerdale and chill for half an hour before we went out to dinner at the exceptionally wonderful Charlie Browns restaurant just down the road - This Hotel could be nice if they paid a lot more attention to detail - If you don't mind roughing it, this hotel is a good cheap billet for the night.

Short walk to beach - Very helpful and friendly staff.

Not good

Well not happy with the TV picture was so bad. Shower didn't work. The bed was hard to sleep on so won't be staying there again

Basically the only thing was good was the breakfast

Wheelchair friendly ,clean and comfy hotel let down by poor customer service

Lack of organisation and communication between staff,my husband arrived before me as I brought myself to the hotel in my wheelchair, despite having called prior to my visit to ensure there was a wheelchair accessible room available i was assured there was but there was no accessible bathroom i said that would be alright as long as I had a raised toilet seat on the toilet , after a couple of call backs it was all arranged so I booked the hotel, I was also sent an email to confirm this and that the room would be a ground floor room ,however when I arrived my husband who had gone on ahead and booked us in told me we had a room on the second floor , I went and spoke to the young man on reception and showed him the email , he arranged for us to go into a twin bed ground floor room, we asked if it would be free to book for the following night the young man looked on the system and said it was so we booked and paid for that night too, however after breAkfast the next morning , a female member of staff told us that we couldn't stay that night as they had guests coMing that had booked a long time before , so we got a refund and had to leave, the staff were friendly and helpful but lack organisation and don't communicate with each other enough and use their booking system properly, very disappointed with the customer care , the hotel was one of the best ones we've stayed at just a shame the staff let it down , also because when we needed help or to serve at the bar there was no one to do this quite then we had to try and track someone down

Room very clean and spacious , beds very comfy , staff approachable , breakfast plenty of choice good size portions

Luckily short.

Poor beds, uncomfortable, kettle rusted through and noisy neighbours. Tired, dated and just about adequate for basic needs.

Close to beachfront, great staff.

Functional in a run down hotel

Staff asking for identity when there was no mention of needing it on the website. A mattress that that had decent springs would have been nice.

Nothing very much

Ok

Headboard had it ,pubic hair in bath on arrival.Dust around surfaces.Taps very grubby and scale around them.Pillows absolutely dreadfull.The pillow in my car is thicker.Breakfast not selfserve with cereal or juice,had to ask.

The staff was friendly, good value for your money, super...

The only thing i would say is that the both lamps in the bedroom were unplugged, and there was no place to turn them on. but you rarely use them, so that wasn't a problem.

The staff was friendly, good value for your money, super close to the beach, shops and restaurants, safe neighborhood. We weren't aware before we paid our parking, but if you do it with the hotel is cheaper.

Adequate - Comfortable [ignorong deficiences mentioined] - Good homely food.

Shaving light in bathroom U/S on arrival - reported it but it was never fixed. Lack of bedroom reading or bedside locker lights. Impossible to read in bed. Not reported.

The laid back comfortable ethos and unpretentiousness of the hotel.

It's cheap for a reason

Room filthy, looked as if cleaner gave up half way through. Mould in shower, bathroom window broken and Tesco bags used to fill in gap in frame. Cobwebs everywhere. Can't see the TV when laying in bed.

Close to secure multi storey parking

Better hotel then the queens Hotel

Mattress Need to be turned around, and toilets are to low, tv does not go up enough my mother is deaf could not hear the tv, and only got 2 hours sleep due to distbin lorry picking up rubbish at 5.20am

Rooms very big sofa and chairs comfy

Good value, brilliant staff, decent breakfast, in need of some renovation and mould cleaning

Quite a bit of mould on the shower door, on windows and even on curtains. Everything else is clean but mostly quite dated

Convenient seaside location allowed us a pleasant promenade walk in the evening. Staff were polite and very helpful. Bar downstairs came very useful. Cheaper than most hotels in the area.

Good value for money.

The hotel is a tad tired in places and could do with some TLC but this didn't diminish our overall impression.

Great location, friendly, helpful staff. A reasonable breakfast included in the excellent price. Also enjoyed a nice meal and entertainment at the sister hotel across the road.

Dreadful!!

We were not told that breakfast finished at 9.30!!! so missed out as we got down before 10am. Room was tired and dirty, pigeon droppings 3 inches thick on window sill. Had to have window open as room was so hot with no way of turning heating down. Despite talking to Lee, manager, three times he hasn't once called me to offer any compensation as he promised. It was an awful experience.

All the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Toilet a bit too low and too close to the wall

All the staff were very helpful and friendly. It was also the other guests that helped make my stay a really good one. I was down for my brother's funeral so not really a holiday but the staff and guests (all aged 70 and over except for the Punk, Pink Floyd and Queen fans) really lightened my mood.

The location was great - just a little bit from the beach...

I wish I had looked at the breakfast menu before paying the day before. The food and service were fine, but the only option was traditional Full English, which was a bit much for the days activities. I would rather have paid a couple of pounds for a pastry elsewhere.

The location was great - just a little bit from the beach and pier. We liked the lounge area for a quiet glass of wine before heading out for the evening.

We loved this hotel :)

There is no car park so I guess in summer months must be difficult for people with cars.

I loved the location - 1 minute walk to the beach. The room was gorgeous, bathroom beautiful. For the price we paid and the frontbeach location I did not expect to get there a cattle, tea and a telly as well :)

Would still go back there thou.

Squeaky ceiling coming from the top floor when people moving around

Easy to locate, very big and comfortable bed. For £28 a night. Sure did exceeded my expectations.

Staff as rude as the owner

Read email below Further to your stay with us at the Palm Court on Friday 16th March 2018, I understand that you were disturbed by a guest from another bedroom at around 5am. This was reported to us at the reception at when you checked out. Unfortunately this incident was not reported to the reception at the time you were disturbed. We could have dealt with this at the time and all would have been ok. As you reported this on your departure when nothing could be done about it, then I am afraid this is too late. We have had many instances when guests try to make a complaint about their stay on the way out to try and get money off and I am afraid this seems to be the case here too. I would ask you kindly to refrain from contacting the staff at the hotel to seek compensation as this is not going to happen. My response and explanation; Jason, Thanks for taking nearly a week to get back to me. How dare you try to say that I’m trying to get a free stay! From the moment I got there your night staff member was rude! It was YOUR staff making the noise by talking, laughing, with tv and radio on and generally banging around. You have told other staff that you would call us back the next day on at least 3 occasions. If you had bothered to respond then I wouldn’t have been contacting them at all. I did complain to the staff member at around 7am. The reason I didn’t come out at 5am was because we were trying to get back to sleep. The noises woke us up every 15-20 mins or so as WE WERE TRYING TO GET BACK TO SLEEP. I’d had enough by 7am and that’s when I went to reception. As check out was at 10am it’s clear I didn’t wait until leaving before asking for a refund. I wanted to leave at 7 but was told I couldn’t do anything until 8! I’m not confident I’ll get a reply to this as your communication skills are seriously lacking in that department. Along with accusing your customers of being scammers. I’ll take it up with booking.com and this email will be left as my review.

Value for money was good

Enjoyable and good value.

The built in radiator didn’t work so we used the plug in one supplied. So the room was freezing when we arrived. But the plug in heater was fine once the room warmed up.

Very clean, bed was comfy, good location

We stayed b& b .

Parking was a little hard to find but the hotel gave us a card to leave in the car so didn't have to worry once we found a place.

We stayed b& b .very impressed with the breakfast.even though we had to go to the sister hotel which was cross the road .we were told we could use the sister hotel for a The evening entertainment.

Convenient to town centre and promenade, would enjoy returning, staff helpful and friendly.

Slightly bigger tv

Stayed with cousin,as visiting family to sort senior problems. Room was comfortable clean and pleasant with a nice clean ensuite. Didn't have meals, but menu looked inviting. when stay turned into extra night, we had no trouble booking room once more