Reviews of The Peninsula Hotel 3 stars

Les Dicqs, Vale, GY6 8JP, United Kingdom

#1 of 1 hotels in Vale

Good location, great to have a swimming pool!
    • Large Single Room

The plug close to the bed it’s behind the bed, a bit uncomfortable to reach. Breakfast was buffet, which I’m not big fan of for hot dishes: scrambled eggs are not fresh, harsh brown were cold, croissants over cooked... but I guess this is the most efficient formula for a big hotel. Greek yogurt was excellent though!

My room was very big, clean and the bathroom as well. I had dinner at the bar, which was ok, nothing special. The heated outdoors swimming pool was brilliant! A special thanks to the receptionists, very nice and polite and made my stay even better :)

Short and sweet made a wonderful night due to excellent lady on desk who was amazing.Bravo.
    • Large Single Room

It all in the above e mail.x

I arrived at reception where one lady had me down for a ground floor room and as I am alone not a good idea anywhere.A lovely lady came out and upgraded me to Room 320 and I was delighted as the April visit of three days had scaffolding but it was all fixed for me.Derlighted with her help and kindness and fab room. Had a wonderful lunch with a young friend and was delighted to see a young lady I had met before and once again made us very welcome.Food was wonderful and we were delighted.I went out for the rest of the day and came back to same lovely lady on the bar and served me with a welcome chilled white wine.Had a fab moonlit sleep and awoke to a fab sunrise.I am always early for breakfast as I need to be out and about and once again,once hot buffet lids lifted a wonderful breakfast.Sorry no one to welcome and say good morning so sat at the table I was allocated in April and ate wonderful food and drinks. The Manager as always was excellent and agreed 320 was a great room and I thanked for upgrade. I have re booked and paid in advance via Becky for a sea view when I arrive all being well on 6th September. This is to be a special trip as I will be an OAP on the 15th and my friend and I will lunch as she also is 15th but half my age.!!!!!Hoping all will be as great as last time.Many thanks.Ali x

Disappointing, and we probably would not re-book there again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Food, which was always cold; and the lack of imagination with the evening menu, hence we never tried. We were told by other guests that the choice was very limited and lacked imagination!!! as we thought.

The staff with the exception of the waiting staff, were terrific. The restaurant food left a lot to be desired, and the breakfasts were a complete disaster to say the very least.The food and plates were always cold,and the lack enthusiasm shown by certainly the breakfast staff, was one of ‘couldnt care less attitude.’ There was a shortage of croissants each morning and when I asked for more to be brought out, I was told there weren’t anymore left!! ho ho, till one miraculously turned up in the basket. The Cleaning Staff were brilliant, and our room was always nice and clean each day, no problems in this area.Generally it was a nice Hotel was was let down badly by the food, and I guess, the Chefs in charge.

Planning to go back again.
    • Double or Twin Room

A very, very, picky, minor grumble - no Wi-fi in room. Having said that, good speed in lounge area.

Superb location for walks and access to west coas and northern beaches. Quiet but with adequate facilities. No ‘night life’ but this is a ‘like’. Friendly, helpful staff and good food in-house. Second visit - will happily do more.

Disappointed as they seem to be have a pricing policy to overcharge for necessity’s such as food
    • Large Single Room

Rooms very basic with enough tea for just 2 cups , a few more tea bags would not go a miss. For the year 2018 tv extremely poor ( only 6 channels ) considering the amount of free channels that are actually available on free view , perhaps a newer tv is required. I cannot comment on the food as breakfast does not start until 7 am , I had to leave by this time for work commitments and flight home was 8.30 so gain had to skip breakfast.

Nothing to actually like.

The staff were very friendly, location was great, it was out...
    • Large Single Room

It was busy when i was there, and the chef made a few mistakes with the food orders

The staff were very friendly, location was great, it was out of the main town but there was bus stop just outside

Brilliant.

Having to go home.

I like everything about this hotel, this was my third visit and after visiting Guernsey for 30 years I wish I had found it earlier. It feels like coming home each time I arrive,from the staff to the food every thing is excellent will be back next year.

Lovely short break.
    • Double or Twin Room

Have stayed here several times. The staff are always pleasant and helpful. The food is good and they cater for my gluten free diet with no problem. The rooms are fine with everything you need. The swimming pool is fab! Good location with a hire car. Will look forward to my next visit!

We were there to attend a funeral but in the circumstances we enjoyed our stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

A separate bathroom and toilet meant the toilet cubicle was to small to have a hand basin which was inconvenient when the bathroom was occupied.

Friendly helpful staff lovely location

Lovely position room wonderful staff behind the desk very good. Need to improve catering staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was a little disappointing, service not very good lady in charge very stern looking did not smile once! Also asked for a pot of tea and initially our request was refused hotel policy apparently. But as the staff had no idea how to pour a decent cup of tea we complained and were finally given our own pot of English tea. Hard to communicate at times with catering staff due to their minimal understanding of English language. Also on second morning hot food 'ran out' and had to wait a few minutes for more food to be cooked. Staff also too eager to remove what they thought were finished plates cutlery etc when we had clearly not finished. Staff hovering ready to take plates was a little disconcerting.

Admin staff were excellent, really made us feel welcome and as it was my big birthday they kindly provided drinks and a birthday card. Excellent room with sea view.

Under the moving circs it all went very well and staff were lovely.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only slight hitch which the staff sorted out was scaffolding approaching my window and because I was leaving Guernsey and spent time in my room to relax plus a twelve pound charge extra per day was glad this could be sorted out.

Breakfast was available at seven and buffet style for help yourself which suits me well. Always a good value meal. Room was comfy and as in throws of moving suited me.

Great location on on island of great locations!

No negatives

The location is prime on this hotel...although I was there on business I can imagine it is a fantastic holiday hotel - sandwiched between two beaches and with its pool etc. All the staff were very welcoming and helpful. I had a good evening meal at the hotel. There is also an excellent pub nearby if you want to dine out.

A very pleasant stay , in a well positioned hotel
    • Large Single Room

my only complaints , the water was never hot enough in the shower /bath , the bar food was excellent , but a little "mean" with portions , breakfast was very good .

The staff were very friendly and helpful , the hotel very welcoming and clean , my room was very nice and there are wonderful views all around .

Relaxing and in a place where comfort is assured.
    • Double or Twin Room

Due to low number of guests, the ginormous breakfast buffet was not on offer. Reasonable choice from the menu though. Anyway, everything else was absolutely fine!

Familiarity - we have stayed in the Peninsula many times. You don't have a box to show that I stayed with "Another family member" - in this case my 38 year old son. It is really good to know from experience that The Peninsula will always measure up to our expectations. Charming staff & a quality place!

We were there only for a short break, but it was enough to definitely want to go back again.
    • Double or Twin Room

A lovely hotel in a picturesque location. Fantastic breakfast, lovely bar area, excellent food. Brilliant room service menu and the staff were superb.

Enjoyed Guernsey a bit disappointed with hotel food, but hotel was spotlessly clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

The cooked breakfast was never hot enough. Not being able to eat in the restaurant on our last day because they had a wedding on which we had not been notified about therefore when it had finished there was limited tables available. The signage is terrible, we drove straight pass and then got lost coming back to it. Would definitely avoid those narrow roads in peak season.

Being close to the beach to go for walks

Overall had an enjoyable stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Had a meal in bar area on first night which unfortunately was not good. Breakfast ok but tea was never hot enough.

Upgraded to sea view room which was well worth it. Staff all very helpful and friendly. Biscuits every day on hospitality tray - also provision of green tea without having to ask for any. Nice pool area, but did not use as weather not good.

Well situated overlooking the bay, quiet and relaxing.
    • Double or Twin Room

This is our second visit this year. The hotel is very well managed; staff are first class and attentive. The rooms are spotless and look as though they've been recently refurbished, bathrooms included. Huge choice at breakfast; the menu for bar meals is extensive and reasonably priced, and the food is well presented. Dinner can also be taken in the restaurant. The swimming pool is cleaned every morning, and is pleasantly warm, with a smaller pool for younger guests. Plenty of outdoor seating and loungers around the pool are provided. There's a large car park on site and the local buses stop near the hotel, charging a flat rate of £1 each per journey however short or long, and bus timetables are available at the hotel.

Would stay again only if-bathrooms updated.

Even reserving in the bar for lunch did not guarantee service. One hour wait for meal. Like a retirement home with majority being in their 80’s and only baths in rooms, which is impossible for elderly people to use. Should be shower stalls instead.

Majority of staff friendly and helpful. Good location with excellent views and walks.

Very enjoyable stay in a friendly hotel.

The bed was uncomfortable, could do with a new mattress, furniture could do with updating.

Location of hotel, good food, friendly staff, views were nice. Facilities were good, nice and quite.

Enjoyable more so due to the friendly stuff
    • Large Single Room

the mattress and more plugs as well as wi fi facility

The croissants were good but the mattress too soft. The view towards the sea was beautiful with amazing sun rise and even sunsets. I enjoyed the location of the hotel for its tranquillity, the amazing view and walks facility.

• Double or Twin Room

We had a room facing the road, the view could have been better.

Just loved it. Spacious, clean comfortable room. Lovely big bed. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Communal areas were comfortable with a very pleasant atmosphere. Excellent breakfast too.

The bedrooms are clean and comfortable.
    • Large Single Room

Not shown to table at breakfast, so not asked if you would like tea or coffee. Couldn,t get a cup of tea or coffee at the bar at 10.30 pm as They had turned the coffee machine off.

The bedrooms are clean and comfortable.

Peninsula is good
    • Large Single Room

Nothing not to like actually. The price was maybe a little too much for the standard of this hotel, but otherwise a lovely stopover

It was convenient for my visit, the breakfast was lovely and the staff were very helpful

Tremendous value for money!
    • Double or Twin Room

Bigger telly in the bedroom and that's about it!

Staff were absolutely magnificent throughout our stay. They and the location and the excellent value for money means we can't get in next year as they are already fully booked!

Very comfortable and relaxing and we will almost certainly revisit.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff throughout the whole were very helpful and well trained which made the holiday very enjoyable. The food in the restaurant was very good and reasonably priced.

Good hotel right on the Bay. A perfect location for us.
    • Basic Double Room

The location was perfect for us being right on the bay at Rousse harbour,and the accessibility to the town was fabulous with a bus stop a few metres from the Hotel.

Excellent hotel. Very impressed
    • Double or Twin Room

The size of the keyring for the room key was massive (seriously this is the only thing we could think of) we could not fault anything else

Friendly and excellent service. Made to feel very welcome. Good food and facilities. Very helpful staff. A delight to stay at. We will definitely be back

Good hotel all round.
    • Double or Twin Room

The one night we ate in restaurant food was not very good. Breakfast was also disappointing.

Helpful staff, excellent location, sea views etc. Comfortable spacious room.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The Area, and how easy it was to get into town
    • Large Single Room

The internet signal was very poor and kept dropping out. The only best place to get a signal was the , The Houmet dinner across the road

The Area, and how easy it was to get into town

Value for money hotel
    • Large Single Room

I thought the buffet breakfast was poor. I would have been expected to be offered toast with my tea. I would rather have a walk in shower than climb into a bath . Also there was no slip-mat for in the bath. I slipped twice when getting out the bath from having a shower. Would have preferred a room not on the ground floor.

Bed was comfortable. Location was ideal. Room was a good size and pleasant décor.

Lovely stay in great location
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely plush hotel in a lovely location with beautiful views and manicured gardens. Lovely staff, good food all in a clean and comfortable hotel. All good

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Comfortable and Friendly Hotel.
    • Basic Double Room

Mobile phone reception in the bedroom. Kept getting cut off had to go outside and then it was very clear.

The Friendly staff helpful & obliging. WiFi reception very good.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

The Peninsula Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

wifi connection is terrible, so not good if you need to keep a track of things for social media/work etc

staff friendly, rooms well presented, spacious. food good. nice if you want a quite location.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

All in all a pleasant stay. Good location and facilities and friendly and helpful staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

Double bed was uncomfortable first couple of days due to worn coil spring mattress with protruding springs badly in need of replacement. We complained and the matter was immediately rectified with an overlay mattress.

A top-of-the-range 3 star hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff in the restaurant and bar sometime lacked empathy with us ie they did not always understand us.

A well organised hotel. spacious clean and cared for and very helpful reception staff.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Location is great.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was next to lift which was very noisy. Also the room was not cleaned well: bin was not emptied, dirty glasses not exchanged etc.

Location is great. Staff was nice and helpful. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Very friendly staff stunning location

Very little could be improved, perhaps an indoor pool, but that would put the price up.

Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Located in a beautiful part of the Guernsey coast. Food was very good value for money.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Nevertheless we would most certainly stay here again!
    • Double or Twin Room

Unprofessional behaviour of a breakfast waitress on our first morning. Also, over-efficient, bordering on intrusive, collections of used dishes at our last breakfast. If it had been a transport café I would have been greatly impressed. But this was a hotel breakfast, requiring a different set of priorities including consideration for guests and their privacy. Wi-Fi limited to Reception area and barely adequate.

We liked, in no particular order: general helpfulness and professionalism of staff, comfortable bed, pillows and chairs, useful inclusive toiletries, quality of TV, extra door between the room and the corridor (minimised potential disturbance from corridor - and the mark of a good hotel), working extractor fan in toilet, great breakfast selection range & quality.

Average

Breakfasts no better than a Travel Lodge

Bed too small Lavatory area too small

Hotel is a bit tired now

Disinterested unhappy staff

Clean rooms, good for seniors

Food was excellent
    • Large Single Room

Wifi was almost non existent. No Wifi available in my room.

Food was excellent

Loved it, will certainly go again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Loved it, will certainly go again. Staff very friendly and helpful. Lovely snd clean.

Lovely short stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast ran smoothly without any problems

Stunning location, lovely staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Separate toilet with no hand washing facility.

Outside heated pool was great. Staff couldn’t have been more helpful.

Great staff, lovely location and nice food
    • Large Single Room

Food was lovely and good portions! Lots of facilities in the hotel and staff were helpful to offer tips of info on things to do.

Great stay

Couldn't fault anything

Location great,breakfast lovely with a massive choice,room clean and bed very comfortable

Great Staff, excellent Food.
    • Large Single Room

Were made feel very welcome

Wifi not very good

Staff friendly and helpful

The bed was extremely comfy!
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was extremely comfy!

The wi fi was very slow 😕

The wi fi was very slow 😕

Pleasant
    • Large Single Room

Couldn't get coffee or tea from the bar after our even I g meal.

Room very clean

Really nice hotel, so comfy, most guests over the age of 50

The bar closing at 9pm

room & bed

Good hotel , will return again
    • Double or Twin Room

Comfortable large room. Made to feel welcome by reception staff. Good selection at breakfast.

• Large Single Room

Coffee could have been better

Breakfast excellent Room clean and well decorated Sea View Quiet Helpful staff

Staff were very friendly
    • Large Single Room

Wifi was a bit hit & miss but apparently this is a problem for the whole of Guernsey not just the hotel!

Staff were very friendly

Very comfortable and relaxing stay
    • Large Single Room

Very comfortable and relaxing stay All staff very helpful and friendly. Staff at reception go out of their way to provide an excellent service.

Ok nights sleep did not stay in for evening meal and left before breakfast started so can't comment
    • Large Single Room

Wifi in room - there was zero connection Needs to be improved

Location very nice

Friendly, efficient and greet value.
    • Large Single Room

Nice staff, nice location. Good value for money

Disappointing stay but staff were great.

Food was awful

Excellent stay
    • Basic Double Room

Greater selection of food in bar.

Very good service all round. Brilliant location and pool.

Good sized single room.
    • Large Single Room

More choice for breakfast, fresh fruit rather than tinned in syrup

Good sized single room.

Nice hotel
    • Large Single Room

Reception staff snooty and not helpful

Location and feel of the hotel

Lovely hotel and great location
    • Double or Twin Room

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean everywhere. Food was excellent. Location is excellent with easy access to a very nice quiet beach.

Would recommend your stay in Guernsey at The Peninsular - it has everything you need and more.
    • Double or Twin Room

The restaurant is excellent for breakfasts and lunches, especially Sunday lunches. The bedroom view was fantastic.

Very nice hotel

The weather ☔️

The Island , the bus and the people

Lovely hotel - will return!
    • Double or Twin Room

Noisy wedding party kept me awake

Great hotel right on the beach

Excellently run hotel, above its star rating.

Excellently run hotel, above its star rating. The manager should be congratulated.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Room by noisy lift

Room by noisy lift

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Lovely Hotel
    • Large Single Room

One night we were staying it was rather windy and the windows didn't really block much noise out

Loved the breakfast

Beautiful location, will stay again!
    • Large Single Room

Lovely room and comfortable bed. I ate in the bar on both nights, food was great and reasonably priced.

Very relaxing
    • Double or Twin Room

The mattress was a little 'dippy'

First class and very friendly staff

Food first class

The rooms are clean and comfortable.
    • Large Single Room

Breakfast was busy and it was difficult to get a pot of tea.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff are generally pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Bedrooms were excellent, just wish I had asked for a sea...
    • Basic Double Room

Bedrooms were excellent, just wish I had asked for a sea view, but as I was only there one night didn't bother. Would definitely go again.