Reviews of The Queensbury Hotel 2 stars

58 Regency Square, Brighton & Hove, BN1 2GB, United Kingdom

#33 of 60 hotels in Brighton & Hove

• Standard Triple Room with Sea View

We booked a ocean view , we did not get that , the hotel advertised parking , there was no parking unless we walked a distance and paid money . The breakfast room carpet is stained and filthy The bed was uncomfortable There was no room to put our suitcases in the room we had

Pleasant people. Very helpful. Let me check in early when I went early to drop off my bag. Fabulous location. My room 1A had a lovely view over the square and a nice little balcony in view of the sea.

We had the top floor which meant there was a very large amount of stairs to get up to the top. I felt very out of breath but it was expected. The shower was not very strong but was nice and hot.

Recently stayed here on a Friday night with my sister as we were going to enjoy a night out in Brighton. The hotel was beautiful and the room was really cute. The value for money was excellent for a Friday nights in such a vibrant city

The hotel is a little tired, but clean and comfortable, however if you can’t climb stairs possible not the one for you. We slept well, it is comfortable, breakfast was good. No real complaints, it’s basic but good for a short stay. Location really good. Staff very friendly. We would stay there again.

Place is a bit run down and pipes make sudden loud noises but I guess that is just because the building is old.

Location is right by the beach, and the square it is located in is very nice. Our room had a view of the sea. Bathroom was clean, room was relatively small but okay for us. Breakfast was nice.

• Standard Triple Room with Sea View

Wonderful location in a safe area surrounded by many other B&B’s / Hotels. Lovely staff and simple but fullfilling continental breakfast. The furniture is antiquated and a little outdated but in my opinion it adds character!!

• Superior Triple Room

Very small family room. Tiny bathroom, should be explained on the room booking. Top floor with 2 children & no lift, should be explained. Room very hot. Very helpful and friendly staff.

• Standard Triple Room with Sea View

No hairdryer in the room. I'm sure I could have asked. Lots of stairs to room - worth it for the view.

Great hotel with lovely breakfast choice. Fabulous location and fantastic sea views. Really comfortable beds and very quiet.

Hotel room needs some retouching... better toiletries... AC or fan should be available. Room was very warm.

Great location... good breakfast... friendly staff.

Too much light getting into the room at night and this disturbed our sleep.

Bed was very comfy but we had to put a towel to block out the light from a very large gap on the door also the curtains could do with blackout linings as woken to early. Breakfast was usual continental, breakfast room very out dated. The only person we had contact with was the receptionist and he was very friendly and helpful.

• Superior Triple Room

The breakfast could have offered a wider variety and selection which was the only disappointing aspect of this experience.

Comfy bed - no issues sleeping. Breakfast layout straightforward and without hassle. Great location as everything is in walking distance.

• Standard Twin Room

The only bad thing really is there is no lift if you aren't very mobile to go upstairs.

The staff are very nice and friendly and helpful. Nice little hotel, room was nice and clean, nice bathroom with shower and bath. Dining room bright and pretty. Hotel is near to everything, beach, piers, shops, pubs, cafes etc.

• Standard Triple Room with Sea View

No fault that need pointing out.

Excellent stay. We had 3rd floor triple room in this charming clean and well run hotel. Loved the mugs and plenty of tea milk coffee and biscuits. Feather pillows and crisp white bedding. Breakfast was continental and plenty with fresh coffee pots and all juice's topped up. Quiet and efficient service by all the staff. Would definately return when visiting Brighton. Thank you queensbury 😁

• Standard Twin Room

Lots of stairs which was difficult with two children under 3. And there was water marks on the ceiling of our room. Apart from that it was comfortable enough. Recommend for professionals or families with older children. Maybe the hotel should consider age of children when chosing which room they are giving you to stay.

Comfy beds. Brand new bathroom was fresh and very clean. Breakfast was basic but lovely.

• Standard Triple Room with Sea View

Bathroom facilities could've been slightly improved.

The beds were clean and comfortable, the staff were friendly and the hotel was only a 10-15 minute stagger from town!

• Basic Twin Room with Shared Toilet

The included breakfast was good. Good location - right near the BA 360 tower. It was about a 20 minute walk from the train station. The beds were a little hard.

Was a little cold but do think they overestimated Summers arrival and turnt the heating off

Excellent Room, it was huge with a nice ensuite. The price was ridiculously good, the view was not so great coz the room was on the ground floor

Room is a tad bit hot . We cane during the cool sunny months of May, we could easily open rhe windows and let the sea breeze in but alas, the windows wont stay open

Loverly small room. Just enough for the two of us. Rather a little too pricey for my opinion but given the location of the hotel, cant egen complain. The bedroom was really clean especially the bathroom. Looks like it was newly refurbished. The hotel staff were really polite and extra smiley :-) i love it when staff smiles at you :-) also, breakfast was okay, limited to quite a lot of breads, no cooked items. Ive seen a couple of restaurants out there offering breakfast for a fiver, thats probably a better choice. They also let us check in at 11am instead of 3pm :-)

• Standard Triple Room with Sea View

Room was so hot and a long trek up to the 4th floor, with no lift. The Hotel is opposite the park which was very noisy at night with people sitting out having drinks into the early hours.

Friendly staff, brilliant location

Hotel was very tired looking and needs a make over. The continental breakfast was poor. A demonstration of minimal effort for maximum profit. Very much not representative of other hotels I have stayed in at Brighton.

I have a 21 month old son, so I didn't expect to climb 4-5 flights to get to my room. Should have placed me lower down as the booking form did ask the age of my child. Having said that I was helped with my bags on arrival but it was a struggle leaving. To be fair if I asked I'm sure he woukd have helped me. Also they need to be more upfront about the parking and say there is a carpark you have to pay for.

Beautiful building & my room was spotless

As above

Mirror light didnt work in bathroom. . Disappointed with our room. .downstairs like a dungeon. . View out the window off pipes and drainage. . Poor breakfast. Lookin forward to a bit of full English. . But it was only continentel. . Web site stated free parking. When I asked. . Staff didnt seem to know anything about it. I told them they'd better check their web site.

Parking was incredibly expensive... no parking attached to accommodation. Pillows were not up to standard. room very dusty shower base not attached.

Supportive, very friendly staff. Great breakfast, hot shower.

poor breakfast in a small hall, no view from the room (just roofs), noisy bathroom, no toothpaste (the stay was spontaneous, did not have one with us obviously)

friendly staff, antique furniture, high ceilings <3

Everything else really. Advertise breakfast but its just ham cheese bread and cereal and fruit. No hair dryer. Noisy. Tea and coffee in the room was a good point. In all honesty given I was expecting alot more and they knew we were there celebrating our engagement too.

Nice pillows. Clean bed.

• Standard Quadruple Room

We were placed in one of basement rooms which was disappointing as no view at all also WiFi internet signal was very poor. Even TV signal was bad so only one children’s channel available. Overall it would be much better if we had one of top floor rooms that we were promised.

Comfortable beds and great location

everything was perfect

great stuff: nice and very helpful. From the property was very easy to rich all the facilities that you need, very clean and great view from the window in my room.

Kindness of staff: I had a sudden bad leg: the effort they went to make me as mobile as possible was very thoughtful and will always remain as the highlight of my stay.

• Basic Twin Room with Shared Toilet

They were lovely and a great location. Fairly basic hotel but great value.

We had a problem with a very loud snoring person in the room next door. (Obviously this is not the hotel owned fault, but it shook the walls, it was quite amazing) They kindly moved us. Really friendly staff.

• Basic Twin Room with Shared Toilet

A shared toilet along the corridor is not ideal, but that was what we anticipated and chose to accept.

This was very comfortable budget accommodation, in our case for an overnight stay regarding Brighton football. The accommodation was everything we expected and paid for. I am sure other rooms have en-suite facilities, but we chose our price and room

• Superior Triple Room

Beds could have been a little more comfortable but they wasn’t too bad.

Great service and fantastic location- rooms were spacious too. Breakfast was a real plus point too, good selection.

• Standard Triple Room with Sea View

Room was disappointing for price paid. Furniture and decor quite basic and worn, window would not stay open, room quite small. No glasses, shower toiletries or hairdryer in room. No view of sea, even 'oblique'.

Quiet location on a square close to beach and centre - all walkable. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Elegant building. Room was clean, tv and wifi worked. Unusual private parking arrangement but worked out fine.

Bathroom was slightly cramped but the whole room was very good value for money.

Quiet and central location. Room I had was ground floor which was excellent as I have a painful hip problem. Bed was comfortable and room nice and clean and roomy. Breakfast was just right with a good selection of a continental menu. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

I couldn't get the wi-fi to work - but this might have been me, rather than the wi-fi.

I had a great stay at the Queensbury. A comfortable room, very helpful and friendly staff, great breakfast and wonderful location. A home from home. I'd definitely stay here again. Much better than the Metropole, where I stayed last December!!!

• Superior Triple Room

Breakfast was a bit lightweight... a proper English breakfast would have been good!

Great location, near to beach and 360 ride. Not far from shops and pubs in central Brighton.

• Superior Triple Room

Would have liked a room with a bath

Very clean and comfortable room. The hotel has a lovely atmosphere and felt cosy and relaxed. Would definitely stay here again. Nice to have plenty of tea and coffee and milk in the room as often you are not given very much!!

The location and very friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast as the coffe and chocolate very tasty. I received help my with my 23 kg suitcase. Thank you! 😁

• Superior Triple Room

A basic hotel that is priced accordingly. Great location. Easy access to beach, the pier, the Lanes and other shops. Guy on reception was very friendly and helpful. Stayed with my teenage kids in a 3 bed room for one night and this hotel was perfect for this. Continental breakfast was fine but you can pay extra £5 for cooked breakfast in a hotel down the road if you want.

• Superior Triple Room

Overall, it's a fantastic deal! Great location (right opposite to the beach), decent breakfast, comfortable family room with adequate facilities. Excellent staff, very helpful in giving parking tips!

• Basic Twin Room with Shared Toilet

The TV was not working during our stay but that only helped in one way with our reading items.

This hotel is in a prime location in Brighton and everything you need a short walk away. The staff and facilities were good value and the room kept well.

There was no elevator and read carefully the parking bit: it says "there is parking available", but not that they have any. They can help you find somewhere cheaper parking, but is not the hotel's parking.

The receptionist, Dawid, was extremely helpful and we enjoyed our stay there. The room was clean and tidied up. We even asked for a last minute change, and he helped us and gave us another room which was great :)

• Basic Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Shower was all the time 5 seconds boiling then 5 seconds ice cold 5 seconds hot, 5 seconds ice cold, ... Impossible to take a shower.

Rooms were clean, silent neighbourhood.

• Standard Quadruple Room

Basic but clean and great location. You get what you pay for. Stayed in family room lower floor. Big room - clean and just what we needed for one night stay. Continental breakfast v good croissants cereal breads etc. Would use again for a short stay.

The bed was rather small, though it was a double bed. A small double really. The room was on the 4th floor, fine for us but if you aren't very mobile then check carefully before booking.

Excellent location and friendly, helpful staff. Good value for money. The continental breakfast spread was good.

The shower did not work properly. I find this a common feature in B&Bs. The bath took forever to poor water into it via the taps and then I have up waiting.

The staff were super friendly and welcoming and professional.

Continental breakfast was very standard, only one option of ham and two of cheese. The bathroom was adequate but a large person would have issues with the space available.

The hotel is good, very well located and although it's old it is clean enough.

This was a little pricey compared to others we have stayed in the area before

David on the reception was very helpful during or stay The only feedback from my wife was that there was no hair drying facilities in the room

• Superior Triple Room

The shower was temperamental - had to have a cold shower as there wasn't hot water Expensive for what it was

The room was very clean and looked attractive

Bedroom was quite small & in need of a spruce up.

Martin & staff were very friendly and efficient. They put us in touch with a local guy for easy parking, which was good. They looked after our bags after checking out. Continental breakfast was better than expected.

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I find the shared bathroom awkward to use especially with the fact that the shower hose isn’t hung up. Also it was a nightmare to get the right temperature which went from freezing cold to extremely hot.

Location. Nice comfy bed. Relaxed breakfast room. Great value for money!

The taps in the bathroom were very loose. I did report this to the receptionist but didn’t notice any change. The window also banged with the strong winds but as it’s an old building this probably couldn’t be helped. Apart from that we really enjoyed our stay.

David The Manager was really helpful and friendly. The room was cosy and I loved the decor of the Hotel. David also found my lost slippers and put them aside for me which meant he would have had to go up a lot of stairs to the top floor!

This is only because I am fussy, but I thought the bed was a little too low and the pillows weren’t great, I had 2 pillows myself and it felt like I only had 1, got a little bit of a bad neck in the morning, but other than that nothing

When we arrived the gentleman who checked us in was really friendly and come across that he really loved being there. Room was a really good size even with the private bathroom.

No comment.

Location for Brighton centre and restaurants. Excellent car park if willing to pay. Hotel well organised and very clean.Bonus of continental breakfast included in price.

Inside decor, the room in general (not like the pictures at all) and the bathroom being an attached cubicle with the most noisest drainage system

Only the location, right next to the i360

• Basic Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Only thing that was disadvantage. Was signal on tv cutting out :/

Staff was so welcoming... the room was perfect and nice clean.... breakfast was nice aswell

• Basic Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Its a shame that the toilet is seperated from the shower, As i had a newborn baby and couldnt leave her to go. Clean shower. Will defintely stay again on our next visit to brighton im just wondering are all room suites like this or just room 17!!

Good room size, very clean towels, lovely biscuits to go with the hot beverages. Clean shower room in all i loved the price

My double room only had one chair. The toilet had a macerator attached so every time you flushed, or ran the tap/showered, there was an awful loud noise. It prevented us from flushing the toilet at night as it would wake the other person.

Nice building with friendly staff.

Was on the top floor and could never get a wifi connection also have stayed in another previous room and felt the matress and bedding was a lot comfortable in the other room I stayed in before

Was close to all things in walking distance. The breakfast always looks lovely and staff are helpful

• Standard Quadruple Room

Didnt like the bathroom. Cracked floor tiles with dirty grout.paint missing off skirting. Hair in the sink. Rusty brackets on facilities.

Bedroom clean

How this hotel is on Booking.com is I really can’t fathom. It’s run down and the room we stayed in was nothing short of a box with a bed. It’s run down, falling to bits and I’d find it hard to believe if this place was inspected I’m sure it wouldn’t come up to code. Outrageous how this place can be open and charging the amount it does. Most room have a macerator toilet. Unbelievably noisy. Can hear others using theirs.

Was a standard double Room, was very dated, bed wasn't very comfortable, could feel all the springs through the mattress. Room was very clean. But I think the whole outset of the room made it not look clean. there was a great supply of tea and coffee. Which was a bonus. Recommended if only used for a night.

Liked that it was central to what we needed and alot of restaurants in the next street

• Standard Twin Room

shower - couldn't regulate the temperature, either boiling or cold room was damp, visible damp in ceiling beds ridiculously soft

easy check in and location

It's a long way from the lobby to the top floor with bags. Parking was free on the street at night until 9:00 am if you can find a spot. Other than that, you will have to pay to park in a garage.

Warm atmosphere. Comfortable but small and basic room. Price included breakfast. Close to the beach. Not far from downtown.

• Basic Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Maybe if we had our own toilet

It was nice cute room and the staff were super nice and friendly and welcoming, the breakfast was soooo nice I just kept going back for more

No Lift , No Hairdryer

This hotel is very basic not even a hair dryer in the room , Its ok if you just want a bed and don't mind climbing lots of stairs to get to your room , The staff are nice though .

• Superior Triple Room

Furniture in room old and varnish coming off.Breakfast poor crossiants were cheap supermarket bulk pack. To have cooked breakfast had to pay more and go to another hotel a cross the square.

Spacious room,prompt service over missing remote control.

• Standard Triple Room with Sea View

Hotel a bit shabby. Needs some plaster and paint freshening up

Got a room upgrade due to checking In Earlier than stated and the booked room wasn’t ready.

• Standard Twin Room

The bed was a nightmare as we were there for work we had no sleep the bed was so uncomfortable. We ached all over. Parking was difficult had to keep driving round and round to find a space

Breakfast was acceptable

• Basic Twin Room with Shared Toilet

The last few rooms were just available with no en suite and it was a walk down the corridor to the shared loo. Nice shower and functional sink in the room though.

Right on the beach. Next to the British airways Tower. Pristine white sheets and towels. Very clean room. Simple, but good continental breakfast thrown in. Free overnight parking in the road, but only if you are lucky. Lovely 20 to 30 minute walk (passing loads of interesting beachside shops and museums) to the pier and town centre. Quiet spot slightly out of busiest areas.

No welcome from lady at breakfast time although she did clean tables and made sure all breakfast food/drinks were stocked up. Never even said good morning or welcome :( found it rude

On arrival good welcome.

• Basic Twin Room with Shared Toilet

The bathroom was outside - but it was so clean that it didn’t annoy me as much as it probably should have

Great location, great room - very clean and great service

Breakfast could be improved. would have liked to have seen more meats and cheeses on the continental and have the option to have a full English at no extra cost. Coffee was luke warm

Lovely big room with high ceilings. Was also lovely to have a sofa in the room

Thin and squeaky mattress in our room.

Centrally located. Very friendly staff. Simple but very nice continental breakfast. Great value. Would recommend.

• Standard Triple Room with Sea View

the amount of stairs to walk up and down

the view was very nice and liked the pictures within the hotel aswell as being made to feel welcome and comfortable

• Standard Triple Room with Sea View

I didn't realize that our room was on the top floor and my mother was disabled so this was a bit of a struggle for her.

The bed was very comfy and the sea view was excellent. Brilliant location to everything and the restaurants were excellent.