Reviews of The Raven Hotel

63 Rockingham Road, Corby, NN17 1AG, United Kingdom

#9 of 10 hotels in Corby

Poor location, rundown neighbourhood, rundown property, grubby, kids playing with a supermarket trolley in the street. A woman screaming profanities in the street late at night. It was not for me!! No shower soap or shampoo. Had to manage with a small soap bar on the sink. Very disappointed.

• Deluxe Double Room

Have stayed twice. We had to wait to be served at the bar (locals given preference) Both times for breakfast I had to ask for several items (milk, butter, bread). Dirty tables, ignored by staff

Nothing... Will not be staying again

• Deluxe Double Room

Was not made aware before paying that the included breakfast was continental, cooked breakfast was additional cost to the £145 I paid for 2 nights. Was also not made aware that no meals were available after 5pm on Sunday and cooked breakfast was not available on Monday. Due to a judging appointment for a charity dog show, we missed Sundays breakfast and the 5pm meal cut off time we were not informed of priot to this. As we do not like anything continental we also had to forego breakfast the next day, again, not informed that there wasnt a cooked breakfast option for mondays. The remote to the TV vanished after our first night. Must have been put safe when cleaning staff did our room but we couldn't find where, TV is difficult to operate without it. Feel very let down as far as the restaurant side goes. The lack of information was unprofessional.

Very clean and stylish room with beautiful en suite bathroom. Firm bed with good quality feather duvet and pillows. Friendly staff and bar had a good atmosphere.

Breakfast was fruit juice, cereal and toast. Would have been nice to have yoghurt and rolls.

Nice modern room,friendly staff. Continental breakfast was ok and good menu for pub food.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Waiting to be checked in really annoyed me as there was a bar man who could have checked me in but he constantly served others who arrived after me.

The ability to come and go whatever time of day or night

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The food was terrible . Had evening meal and invited 7 family members to come and join us .food was good in very old cooking oil . Gammon steak was undercooked. Sirloin steak was over cooked and the chips were reheated in old oil and were black and saturated . Complained and got 2 large bowls of the same chips so complained again and the best they could do was give us all a free drink .the meals had been paid for by this time.Won't be using this hotel again.

The cleanliness was very poor, the room was VERY tired, décor was terrible, en suite horrible, sink taps hardly worked, bed was like something you would take camping, also the carpets were disgustingly dirty, all this is probably the worst ever hotel I have booked through Booking.com

Disgusting dirty manky old room! Building works in the room next door Surly unfriendly staff Food was a joke - kitchen staff need clean uniforms and lots of training.

Windows wouldn’t open so was stuffy Bed was comfy but squeaked at any movement (didn’t seem in keeping with the room). We found out after that they are in middle of refurbing the rooms.

• Deluxe Double Room

10.30am check out caught us on the hop. Unusual to be so early most hotels have a midday check out but can't complain as the time is on the booking, on the inside of the door in the room and no doubt was mentioned when we checked in ( I never register anything anyone says to me at check in). The only downside really (particularly after a late night). Can't comment on breakfast as we missed it.

We had booked one of the en-suite rooms on the ground floor and this was clean, comfortable and very contemporary. Can't comment on other rooms with shared facilities. We stayed over as we were attending a gig at the Raven Hall so very convenient. Free and working wi-fi. Free parking with good security. Good menu and bar. Staff were all very friendly, helpful and professional. Would stay again.

• Deluxe Double Room

I was slightly worried when I first got there, there were what looked like disco lights and I thought oh no!! But when I went in and registered the staff were very friendly and welcoming, they showed me to my room which had been refurbished/new, very clean and modern, the bathroom was also very modern, nice shower and nicely decorated with fresh whiite towels. All in all very nice room, sound proof so very quiet. Would definitely recommend.

Breakfast to late, noisy main road, could not open window for fresh air, heating on with 23 degrees outside, lack of staff to serve at bar and restaurant went else ware to eat. got charged £8.00 for half a lager on my bill.

Not a lot

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Prices of drinks from the bar where abit steep but nothing ridiculous as if you want to pay less you can go down the road and there are rows of shops.

Very airy and spacious room. Polite, helpful and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend. Beautiful view of the gardens behind. Very quiet.

• Deluxe Double Room

They stop serving food too early on a Sunday and they only provide a full English on a weekend.

Good bar, room was amazing for a hotel that is in essence part of a pub. We stayed as I was booked in for a track day at Rockingham the next day and its location is spot on if you have to travel there at any point.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The photos that they have to advertise their rooms are modern and very clean and up to date, this is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what i recieved. They only had a couple photos of the room i stayed in and they were at the very back of the numerous otheres, very unimpressed and do not recommend anyone staying here as i got no where near my moneys worth. Clearly done to rip people off and trick them with the photos. Room looked like a 1900’s hospital

Better breakfast choice. Damp in en-suite shower room. No chair for working at computer. Key return.

Very attentive staff for meal in evening and good beer.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Basic decoration a little worn but clean. This is a basic standard of accommodation great for comfortable sleeping without any extras -friendly staff nice bar food and bar onsite

Good location basic accommodation

the place was not as described online considering the first 20 or so photos show a decent room, and the remaining 5 photos show the complete opposite, and in reality, the 5 photos account for 70% of the hotel

the only good thing about this place with the barman, who was very friendly and a good laugh

Road outside very busy and way too many speed bumps

Room was fantastic Much better than expected, was very clean and facilities were excellent Shower etc was great size I will definitely stay again when I’m looking for somewhere in Corby

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I had so much to do on my computer but the wifi broke down, called for help but no response so had to move out and look for an alternative the 2nd nights.

I didn't realise or just didn't read what was actually included the Bed and Breakfast clearly. I had to pay for 4 fry ups as the free breakfast was only a continental one.

Gentlemen staff that I spoke to on all occasions was really helpful and friendly.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The shower was not working properly and the hotel price didn't include cooked breakfast

I liked the place is clean and has a countryside feel. The parking space is good and the room was warm and spacious

Separate loos and showers. They need to make all rooms an suit. No heating in one of the rooms. Also no cooked breakfast. We was told we had to order the night before. We was not told this.

The rooms were clean. We did not realise. Separate loo and showers. Which were shared

• Deluxe Double Room

The noisy couple next door didnt no how to close a door quietly.raised voices till 5am but not the hotels fault

Couldnt fault anything room was great staff very friendly nothing to much trouble and good choice of meals in hotel will be staying again

• Deluxe Double Room

To compliment the rooms the towels should be better quality, larger and thicker. A better range of tea in the rooms and larger cups. A wider range for breakfast, only carbs on offer.

Fantastic staff, very welcoming. Lovely rooms very newly done. Nice decor. Best pillows I’ve come across in an hotel. The rooms come across as high end, everything is very tasteful. I stayed in the new rooms and this was a return visit.

Odd smell in the room. Dirty cutlery with tea making facilities, pillows and bedding were old, worn, some holes in quilt cover and the cleanliness of the quilt and pillows left a lot to be desired. Plug in shower tray was loose and therefore a little unsafe. The toilet continued to make noise for about half an hour after it was flushed. In the night I could hear the next door room flushing their toilet. The lock on the door was very poor and I felt a little insectue. Very basic accommodation that was not worth the money.

Noisy residents running up and down corridor Female traveller and staff member in error shouting out my room number ! Flimsy door lock to room - would prefer more secure fastening Thin bedroom curtains

Friendly and helpful staff Good parking facilities

• Deluxe Double Room

The room we'd booked had a door that wouldn't lock so we had to store our stuff in the managers office while we had a meal and again after showering while we were out. Another room was prepared for us but the heating didn't work in that one! With no other rooms available we had no option but to stay put. No croissants at the continental breakfast and no instructions on how to use the coffee machine. Our evening was obviously disrupted but no offer of a discount was made even though we stated we'd like it to be considered.

Nice rooms which have recently been refurbished. Good evening meals and nice bar. Friendly and helpful staff.

Paid extra for full breakfast and it was rubbish. Cheap overdone deep fried sausages and mushrooms looked like they had been fried the day before. Not worth the extra money

Good bar and helpful staff

The rooms were not very clean, very basic but that did reflect in the price. All the bedrooms should have en-suite

The parking was very good, the bar area was A good space.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

For starters the rooms look nothing like they did on the website. Breakfast was rubbish. It says you can have a cooked breakfast for £4.50 but it doesn't tell you that you have to book the night before

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared showers that were not great

Stayed over night for a duathlon event and unlucky for me there was a party on and the guests were inconsiderate of others staying in the hotel, not the Ravens fault but made for a bad night, toilets clean but showers not very impressive.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The curtains seemed to have blood on them and then we were moved but the curtains in that room were not much better so we decided to leave early in the morning and miss breakfast. This was our anniversary weekend away and it felt like a prison 😳

Not a lot really

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Showers - lacked power so much you had to move under the water to get completely wet Noise - noise from other rooms, even woken at 11.55pm to sounds of a number of people in room next to mine Check in - be careful, this closes at 10.30pm and I only just made it; not good for those of us who travel extensively Bed - creaked every time I moved Décor - in need of some serious re-decorating

Proximity to client site and price

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Once up to our room the Decor changed to stained and dirty and the whole corridor had an Erie feel to it. The shared facilities were not enough for everyone their. Hence I didn’t shower their as I felt uncomfortable

Down stairs bar was lovely and the staff were very friendly.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room, shared bathroom (which I didn’t know), smelly, dirty, mouldy, most uncomfortable and squeaky bed I have ever slept in, stained curtains and bed sheets, dirty carpets, ripped curtains, toilet coming off wall, dead bugs, broken glass behind bin, blood on window, rotten windows, cold. Worst stay ever!

The staff were fairly friendly and I managed to get a refund for one of the nights.

• Deluxe Double Room

Shame there was no cooked breakfast option. Would have been happy to pay extra but this was not offered to us. I am being picky now as there are so many positives - as a personal preference to us, we would have preferred firmer pillows and bigger mugs for our hot drinks.

Great location to the speedway. Beautiful and modern room. Very clean. Comfy beds. Good facilities (usb sockets and Netflix in room). Wonderful evening meal at the restaurant. Quiet room. Staff and locals friendly. Very clean and modern bathroom.

• Deluxe Double Room

Deluxe double room was booked and was really small, feel like I've been mis sold to be honest. Breakfast was booked with the room but when booking time for breakfast was told that it's £4.50 per person extra for a cooked breakfast! That the breakfast included with my room is continental only! Toast and croissants! This is England so a traditional English breakfast should be included in the price not continental!

Nice modern room and bathroom, convenient location.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Bedrooms tired. Bad decision to have a shared bathroom as other guests left facilities in a disgusting state. Will benefit from the refirmishment scheduled! Lack of space to respond fully to the next question!

Friendly, helpful, professional staff. Food okay.

Very basis and not much choise for breakfast. Not suprising as the prise was really reasonable. No WIFI in the room.

Easy to get to. Close to my next appointment. No real negatives. A simple Hotel with no suprises. Nothing wrong with it.

Flooring in room could be up dated and decor in our room but gather some have been up dated.

big room with en suite . easy to park and big back garden too. breakfast included. Really a bar and restaurant with rooms above but spacious and clean. TV and kettle in room and breakfast available until 10-30.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was very basic, bed very uncomfortable, shared bathroom which was usually dirty, breakfast was continental only and very poor, basically toast or nothing. Pub food was also below standard

It was nice accomodation, the only thing was that it was awkward to open doors with luggage, as you had to put everything down to exit to car park as needed to not only show your card but open the lock too.

The new rooms were very comfortable, nice and modern.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Stayed in room 112 decoration needed doing, furniture fit for the tip room very basic. Don't go by the room on there website , my room was nowhere near that stranded

not a lot but bed was comfy

• Deluxe Double Room

The Raven Hotel was a Big Let Down. It was an old pub surrounded by Council Estate on the edge of an Industrial Estate. The Car Park had overgrown weeds and broken glass. The room we were given was not the room pictured on our Raven Hotel 'Room Confirmation' Our confirmation showed a nicely modern decorated room with modern furnishing. Our room was very small, musty, poorly furnished and more suited to Student Accommodation with shared bathroom & toilet. We were so disappointed we handed the keys back and walked out.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

no toilet, no duvet , room like a hospital, had to share a toilet, cold, massive crack in sink been missold nothing like pictures

as I said in my previous questionnaire I didn't let my father in law stay here the second night it was a disgrace

everything

this hotel was an absolute disgrace, ive been booking hotels through booking,com for years and I'm disgusted and embarrassed that I took my father in law there, I wouldn't let him stay there the second night I had to pay for the Hampton by Hilton, I would like a refund of my money as it is nothing like there website, to the point my elderly father has prostrate problems and it didn't even have a toilet in his room , prehistoric and misselling

• Deluxe Double Room

On arrival it's not clear where 'reception' is, and we had to wait around a while before we were helped. Food quality was a little inconsistent, but good overall. Not always any staff around when we needed them ... however all staff were friendly and helpful.

Amazing refurbished bedrooms and massive ensuite, worthy of a top hotel. Fantastic value for money.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Bedroom was poor. Carpets were worn, curtain didn't close properly at the top and fabric was old and virtually translucent. Daylight comes flooding in. Shared bathrooms have seen better days. No ensuite in my bedroom so had to use a shared bathroom. Was expecting ensuite for the price. Breakfast was basic continental. Nothing low carbohydrate! Cooked breakfast was very nice but cost extra and had to be ordered the night before

Public areas were smart and staff were pleasant and helpful. Convenient location for me.

• Deluxe Double Room

The only thing we didn't like was the noise from other rooms, a bit of sound proofing would sort that & it would be the perfect place to stay.

The room was gorgeous, decorated to a high standard, the wet room was brilliant for me as I'm disabled so showering was easy. The staff were very helpful & friendly. The food in the restaurant was amazing, very flavoursome & the hand cut chips were extremely tasty. This has to be THE best hotel we've stayed in & it made the reason for our trip (a funeral) a pleasant easy experience. We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area again.

It's listed as 'The Raven Hotel', I don't remember being told or reading that it is actually a pub/ restaurant with accommodation upstairs. It's actually called 'The Raven' outside, clearly a pub not a hotel in my opinion. But the noise didn't bother us too much, even though they did have a quiz on that night.

Easy to get to, plenty of parking, basic but cheap. Very close to Rockingham Circuit.

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast not served until 8am on a Sunday which was too late for me as needed to be away early for work

Stayed in one of the new deluxe rooms - clearly they are an upgrade on the other rooms within the hotel judging by the reviews as no issues at all. Comfortable bed, huge bathroom, already booked in for next year.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Didn't like the shared bathroom facility, it wasn't very clean/ well maintained. The rooms need refurbishing but to be fair they are in the process of doing this.

Location perfect for Rockingham. Continental breakfast excellent. Food and drink delicious. Value for money.

Room I stayed in could do with a refurb very tired furniture,towel rail in bathroom hanging off wall,but was clean and tidy,not very good for a early nights sleep as a lot of noise from pub below.

Breakfast was basic but good,staff where helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Sound insulation was so poor we thought next door were in our room! This in the superior double room with 'sound proofing'.

Staff eere helpful as ee had to leave early.

Room and general décor upstairs was a bit dated. Walls a bit thin - Could hear next doors TV. Shower. Cost of the room.

Clean. Pub downstairs for food and drink. Bed comfy. Tea/coffee facilities. Digital TV. Iron/Ironing board. Continental breakfast.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Toilet paper in the W.C. Soap disappeared from handbasin in toilet. a local map would have been useful.

Croissants were lovely but there were none on Sunday. Bed was very comfy.

• Deluxe Double Room

No glasses in bathroom & towels too small & not enough of them.

Everything looked brand new and VERY stylish. Cooked breakfast cost extra but was delicious & too big!

I had to stand on the shelf below the window to shut it. Switches for bed lights in an awkward position. I could not regulate the shower temperature.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Easy parking. I expected the room to be noisy as it was above the bar with a function room next door but I was pleasantly surprised at how peaceful it was. Comfy bed.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Hot drinks facilities could be better. Although it says if I needed more to ask at the bar but by time you realise it's too late to go to the bar! Also a group of drunk men were sat in a car blasting loud music from 3-8 in the morning so no sleep. I think something should've been done about it too, I didn't like the idea of spending room on a deluxe room to get no sleep.

Feather pillows and very comfortable bed. The ensuit was so spacious and looks very modern. All round just a lovely room.

Bedside cabinets or table would have been useful. Not impressed that we, and other guests, were woken at 5.30 am on Sunday morning by a car with 4 passengers in the carpark playing extremely loud booming music for 2 hours. No one in charge in the hotel appeared to be bothered to ask them to stop.

Beds were comfortable. Room and bathroom very clean. Continental breakfast good

• Deluxe Double Room

We had a rubbish sleep. Not due to anything the hotel done wrong but the fact there was a group of drunk men in a car in the hotel car park blasting music at early hours of the morning. This last for up to 4 hours until we finally were able to fall asleep at 8 o'clock in the morning.

The bed was so comfy, everything you needed in the rooms and extras too.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

As above as there were no positives

I have taken pictures of the disgusting room and disgusting bathroom your website put pictures on that must of been taken from another hotel I will not be using this website again and will be putting this on social media for everybody to see that hotel was appalling

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Shower opposite room 113 could be improved,water pressure poor to begin with and the addition of this strange shower head with stones? In it just made it worse. The whole accommodation level could be updated, cracked walls and loose fittings. Though I guess for the price paid it was acceptable. Breakfast! So called continental style meant cereal and toast, milk tasted off on the cornflakes so didn't eat them but toast was good. Nice coffee machine if a little over complicated at 6.30 am but perhaps it's just me.

Location near to venue was the main reason for booking this hotel

• Deluxe Double Room

Although the room was lovely, there were items which I thought should have been there. For example, there was no ledge or shelf to put your toiletries on. Coupled with this there were no glasses, either glass of plastic, to rinse your mouth out when brushing your teeth.

The room in the Pod was really good. Although it was a continental breakfast, it was more than enough to satisfy both our appetites. The hotel was in a good location to visit my daughter and grandchildren.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Some curtains torn and furniture/fittings in need of renewal.

Very clean everywhere and was good value for money. Breakfast was included also with a fairly good choice.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Throughout the whole booking process I was not made aware that the rooms were not en-suite. Haven't stayed in a room without en-suite since the 1970's.

The offer of a Continental breakfast for early risers would have been good and the bedroom curtains were very thin allowing daylight into the room from half past four.

Friendly staff and a nice meal cooked on the evening.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

First shower tried, hose split, no water to nozzle. Second shower tried, not much power and water turned off automatically after a few minutes. Noisy crowd at outside beer garden right under our window Room and decor dated

Good location, easy to get to and ample parking

Two flights of stairs to room was not going to happen, so they had a demountable out the back which was made available for us. It was compact but comfy. They were in the processes of having 6 new rooms constructed, but weren't quite ready when we arrived.

The staff went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Also helped us to get medical help.

I got the confirmation that it's been booked in I got there an hour after and got turned away As fully booked yet taken my money Never again will I book again

The Staff was not very helpful. The bed was very noisy when you moved or turned over it made a very loud noise. The iron was damaged making it dangerous.

The Food was Very Good 10 out of 10

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

My only complaint was the barest trickle that came from the shower, it was next to useless.....

Comfortable bed , nice sheets , excellent helpful staff , right down to the cleaning lady

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I asked for a hairdryer and was told all rooms come with one and if it wasnt in the room there was no spares.. Which meant i could not have a shower that night!

The pub downstairs was cheap

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Hotel manager came to room after an hour and half (we'd had showers etc) to tell us we needed to move rooms and she had made an error checking us in. This was less than 30 minutes before we were due to attend a wedding and a taxi was waiting outside, the manager was rude and offered no compensation. I would never stay here again and felt the hotel needs new staff as the manager had no people skills. The manager also said if we did not move there and then she would be forced to move our belongings to another room whilst we were out. I therefore had to move rooms whilst a taxi was outside and running late. Not impressed