2. UK hotel reviews
  3. Greater London hotel reviews
  4. London hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of The Ritz London

Reviews of The Ritz London This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

150 Piccadilly, Westminster Borough, London, W1J 9BR, United Kingdom

#30 of 1,034 hotels in London

9.7

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

A fabulous experience
    • Superior King Room

Room finish was shabby in the bathroom and room an odd shape. Bathroom not as high standard as Savoy and Claridges.

Atmosphere and comfort and service and Christmas decorations were outstanding

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Beautiful
    • Superior King Room

House noisy it was being in a room on the front waking through the night to the sound of car horns cars speeding and shouting. Not the hotels fault but couldn’t sleep.

The hotel was beautiful and clean. The staff very friendly and afternoon was amazing. Carol singers fantastic.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

It’s very grand and the staff were very helpful
    • Superior King Room

We weren’t told that we had to leave a £300 deposit, (£150 for each night we were staying for incidentals) which we were not made aware of after booking. We did get the money back at the end of the three nights, but this came out of our spending money.

It’s very grand and the staff were very helpful

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

It has always been a dream for me to stay at the Ritz Hotel and it has met my expectation
    • Executive King Room

The fitness centre could have accommodated more equipment. It would have been nice to have an indoor pool.

I love the elegance of the Hotel. I love how exclusive it was. The food was beyond amazing.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

EVERY ONE SHOULD EXPERIENCE THE RITZ AT LEAST ONCE. PUT IT ON YOUR BUCKET LIST.
    • Superior King Room

This was a 60th birthday celebration, and the experience was incredible. I could not have asked for more. service ,friendly staff made us feel very comfortable. the evening meal was absolute top quality including excellent piano entertainment. this I appreciated as I am a musician myself. We will certainly be coming again.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Enjoyed the experience the beds were very comfortable enjoyed the afternoon tea
    • Superior King Room

There is no communal space, as a guest in the hotel you are expected to queue to get a table in the bar which can be quite substantial

The afternoon for tea was lovely

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

Great rooms and ambience, shame about breakfast.
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast in my room was poor, bacon was tough and could eat it, sausages were not nice. Very surprised at the standard.

Breakfast in my room was poor.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

The service and attention to detail are exceptional.
    • Superior King Room

The wine list was like a telephone directory and the prices were stratospheric. £11,000 for a bottle?!

The service and attention to detail are exceptional. But you pay for them!

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Excellent service, beautiful place very helpful staff

The standard breakfast lack variety. no varieties of yogurt or nuts to add to cereal. Eggs cooked well. The pillows were uncomfortable to me, the mattress was slightly softer than the one l like. I prefer Orthopaedic mattress. requested different pillows they had non, Only the same type as one provided in the bedroom. Stayed 3 nights unable to sleep comfortably, hence this is the only reason I will not go back again. I was very tired at the end of my stay for lack of sleep.

Excellent service, beautiful place very helpful staff

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Out of this world
    • Executive King Room

The service was absolutely incredible, they really went above and beyond to make our stay extra special. I can honestly say I’ve never experienced service like it and I would recommend the Ritz to everybody

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Great bed quiet
    • Superior King Room

Old stuffy scruffy, expensive bar geared towards high society not fun the Ned was way better for us!! Too expensive to enjoy. Other patrons were very old. After money just trading on the name no pride. Wasted roses. Drinks way too $$$$ two drink was $100 Australian . Wedding anniversary. Kind they put roses on bed and chocolate

Great bed quiet

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Lovely stay, lovely staff
    • Superior King Room

Staff is lovely, very helpful and intent to make your stay memorable. The hotel in itself is in wonderful shape and room was large, comfortable and very clean. 5 Minutes walk to Piccadilly.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Staffs are kind and helpful.
    • Executive King Room

Due to there is no information about the dress code on the website while we are so busy and forgot to ask about that, we cannot have dinner and afternoon tea as expected. There should be coffee and tea in room. We requested coffee in room but it came a bit late.

Staffs are kind and helpful. Housekeeper is kind to provide more amenities as requested. Housekeeper is flexible since someday we get up very late.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

If this is your first time in London, spend at least one night in the Ritz~
    • Executive King Room

The hotel is really clean and the staff were really friendly to us. They help us checked in and showed us the room. The interior of the room and the hotel is super nice and has a really British feel. If you want to experience the British culture and once-in-your-life time experience in London, this hotel is definitely a great choice.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Not justifies the money!
    • Superior King Room

Ok , then for that price not that good! I m a member of Ritz and used to go in every Ritz of the world, but in London i didnt enjoy! No breakfast, no parking free, not so happy! Less money maybe come back!

The stuff was nice and the location also!

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

Location, reception staff, beautiful interior, rivoli bar-...
    • Superior King Room

Worst tuna salad nicoise, mattress uncomfortable, no walk in shower, poor English breakfast

Location, reception staff, beautiful interior, rivoli bar- great cocktails

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

An experience.
    • Superior King Room

In terms of value for money, for £550 for a room no breakfast, the £5 for a soft drink in your room is unpalatable, personally, I think the mini-bar should be free. I understand it is expensive, but small things like that make it feel horrifically expensive and needlessly so.

It is an entire experience, staying at the Ritz is something that one says as a throw away expression, but it is an iconic trip.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2018

Reception and concierge staff as well as cleanliness and...
    • Executive King Room

One of our two rooms had the paint on the furniture peeling, the cable TV was not working, the shower box was too small and an electric outlet for plugging in the cell phone was not found until the maintenance provided an extension. Is this admissible? It seems the room was not checked before the guest arrived. The other room was remodelled and good. The receptionist Eugenia was excellent and gave us another room the following day. The main point is that you do not expect this kind of problem on a five-star hotel.

Reception and concierge staff as well as cleanliness and location are superb.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

Fabulous memories of a short stay in the hotel.
    • Superior King Room

Hair dryer in the room wasn't very efficient.

The professionalism and courtesy of the staff. The whole ambience of the hotel. The beds were very comfortable and all the linen, toiletries etc were of a very high standard. All the staff were very knowledgable about there particular area of work and recommendations they gave us were excellent.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

I organized the 6 nights stay a year ago. For my 70th birthday with theatres, opera and the like.

I cannot find anything that was lacking or not to my liking. If I have to, I could mention that I would have liked to open the French windows towards Piccadilly and the little, narrow "balcony" in front of the window. The window frames were locked together and one could only open up the windows partially until the chain between the left and right side did not permitt more opening. I did not ask for a key for that chain. Perhaps I should have.

First hotel ever my hubby liked the bacon at breakfast. I adore the style and elegance of the decor. Gorgeous and beautiful. A continuous feast for the eyes. I have known the dining room, the tea room and the rivoli bar for 35 years. Never stayed in the hotel before. Loved every minute of it.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

An amazing experience from start to finish.

An incredible stay at The Ritz; they certainly made it an evening to remember. Incredibly helpful staff, a beautiful suite and a nice drink in the bar.

An amazing experience
    • Superior King Room

A snotty guest who completely ignored me in the lift up to my ro, who clearly felt I wasn't good enough for the place despite playing the same amount of money as him !'

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

The style and atmosphere was of a classic era - wonderful...
    • Executive King Room

The room was not ready on arrival and it was close to 5pm before we gained access. Very poor for a hotel of this type and spoilt the early part of the stay.

The style and atmosphere was of a classic era - wonderful environment...

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

Far below my expectation
    • Superior King Room

The room is big but not well organized, the carpet is discolored, the air condition heating does not work well, especially the blanket on the bed is not warm for Oct. The employees are friendly but respond slowly, definitely you need patient to wait for check in and other services.

Good location with very crowdy traffic and people. The hotel restaurant and tea hall looks amazing.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

A memorable weekend, thank you for looking after us
    • Superior King Room

Poor choice for us of it’s room, it was right above the dance floor so the music was too loud. Our afternoon tea was last of the day and we got the impression the waiters just wanted it to finish. The service was disappointing

The ambience of the place, the reception staff and the room. Just to relax in the lounge and not be rushed to be moved. The Rivoli bar was relaxing and cosy

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Since was our anniversary they made us a free upgrade.
    • Executive King Room

Since was our anniversary they made us a free upgrade. Since there was an technical problem with upgraded room(junior suite) they made us a second free upgrade.... so... I'm still speechless .... :)))

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Excellent hotel just the food need to chang to meet all the expectations
    • Superior King Room

The food in the breakfast need to be change the type of the food not changed excellent since last year the variety of food need to be more the value of money is expensive for the type of food in breakfast

The location is excellent comfortable 5 stars hotel the staff is very friendly especially the people in the concerg very helpful

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

Luxurious with a rich history. Best Afternoon tea and breakfast. The best heritage hotel in London.
    • Superior King Room

The bed was a bit too soft for my liking, and felt like sleeping on jelly. But it was comfortable. There was no bedtime chocolates left on the pillows after turn down service. I've stayed at many 5 star hotels and I think its always a nice treat for the hotel to leave a bedtime treat. =)

I have been to London many times. It was my honeymoon so I wanted to stay at The Ritz. It was the best decision I made. The staff were friendly and very attentive. I had problems with my credit card while checking in and had to go the nearest ATM to take out cash, and call my bank to fix the issue. The staff was so accommodating and understanding. She even offered for me to sit at the cafe, have some tea while I sort out my payment. ( It was The Ritz, they could have easily throw me out for not having the room payment). I was upgraded to the executive room, and the room was spacious with all the amenities you need. The rooms and the hotel was just luxurious, makes you feel like royalty. I love the blackout windows, you don't know if its night or day. Perfect for those recovering from jetlag. The hotel is old-fashion, as the property is over 100 years old. So this is a hotel for those who appreciate the history and heritage The Ritz Upholds. Make sure you visit the casino, it has a lovely bar and restaurant.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Very memorable experience
    • Superior King Room

The food was good but not as good as you would expect.

The building was fantastic the ambience was great . The bedroom was amazing and the staff very attentive

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Second stay at the Ritz!
    • Superior King Room

Excellent location in the heart of just everything. We didn’t need transport at any stage during our 3 night stay at all if the major attractions & shopping that we were interested in were within easy walking distance

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Poor cleanliness, old bathroom & plumbing. Basins overflow. My 2 year old child picked up old toenail cutting around the couch. Terrible value for what you pay! Tiny gym

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Lived up to expectations
    • Superior King Room

Beautiful hotel, had wanted to stay for last 26years , one off my bucket list . From start to finish made to feel special, service amazing . Part of trip was a virgin experience for dinner but lovely food. Rivoli bar also lovely vibe and worth having a drink in evening .

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Lovely hotel as expected
    • Superior King Room

Not a nice view from window Smallish room Came for my daughters birthday, which they knew but did not acknowldege No pool or gym

Beds comfy, bathroom lovely,most staff exceptional Lovely breakfast.

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

An truly sumptuous iconic hotel for that very special occasion
    • Superior King Room

Not really much to improve but we were kept waiting to check-in at no earlier than 3pm precisely although we had requested an earlier check-in by email beforehand.

Staff attention to detail and desire to serve Ritz customers was exemplary. This was our 30th wedding anniversary and we treated ourselves to a stay at this iconic hotel - we were very impressed. Our dinners were already planned elsewhere but we enjoyed a full breakfast one morning in the sumptuous dining room. Maybe a little expensive at £40 pp but hey, 30 years of marriage is a long time !

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

Anniversary trip
    • Superior King Room

There was nothing about this hotel that we didn't like

All the staff we're extremely helpful and friendly and nothing was to much trouble. The reception staff we're amazing and very welcoming. Rooms are fabulous and luxurious.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Everything about the place was great, the only criticism was...

Too expensive

Everything about the place was great, the only criticism was when the waiters had served my main course they pretty much forgot about us & we had to ask for our deserts & coffee which the coffee was cold.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

• Superior King Room

We had a fabulous night at the Ritz. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and the staff made us feel like royalty, beyond our expectations. From arrival to checkout the staff were helpful and attentive, the whole experience has made us want to visit again.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

Good

The room needs refresh.

The common areas of the hotel were great and the personal were very helpful. The afternoon tea was delicious! The room was no so good in relation to the expensive price. The walls were dirty, they need paint and the curtains and the carpet were old and used. The bathroom was so 90’, nothing special. Detail: They charged two times to my credit card the same room.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

BREAKFAST WAS GOOD ENOUGHT
    • Superior King Room

dropping & collecting keys on reception was headache since late nights there was almost no one at the desk no spa, no proper gym. restaurant was not allowing without a formal dress for lunch, dinner or afternoon tea which was so ridiculous.

BREAKFAST WAS GOOD ENOUGHT BED WAS COMFORTABLE SIZE OF THE ROOM WAS GOOD ENOUGH SPEED OF SERVICE SATISFACTORY

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

A thoroughly wonderful Hotel.
    • Superior King Room

A thoroughly wonderful Hotel. Whilst the Ritz in not cheap, it is really important to understand that you are not just paying for a hotel room, you are paying for a truly outstanding experience. Definitely worthwhile. 5 stars do not quite cover it !! Thank you.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Ritz fails to dazzle!

Staff:As an iconic institution the Ritz is more important to the staff then its paying guests. This is a poor strategy as without guests the Ritz will not glitter! Other than the excellent check in staff (Hazel) the bulk of staff are either rude or insufficiently trained. Having a high % of staff to customer ratio is useless if they are not focused. Facilities :No specific areas in the lobby area ,Rivoli bar or at suite level for paying guests to relax as all areas needed a reservation. No residents bar (that we were shown).The main restaurant is not very friendly and the food is only average. The 'Dinner at The Ritz' is not worth the time or money and lets down the Michelin Star qualification. Having made a reservation at reception for a pre dinner cocktail at the Rivoli but were rudely dispensed by the bar manager and told 'we didnt make a reservation ' no apology or effort made to accommodate a suite paying customer. The tables in the lobby area were constantly marked as 'reserved' so it was either stay in your room or go out the door. Manager check: No Ritz manager/supervisor was seen at any stage to check if our suite was ok , our 3 day stay was working out, or at breakfast or Dinner .We did see a few of them floating about but they never seem to make it down to customer level! We did go back to Hazel as she made the reservation to point out our hassle with the Rivoli and although she apologised we did expect a follow up in the coming days from a manager but nothing happened.

The suite was excellent and made our stay in London enjoyable despite the staff/food. The location was within walking distance to all the attractions.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

fantastic stay
    • Superior King Room

bed are very comfortable and breakfast is very good all though a little expensive. Friday night at the Ritz restaurant is a great evening , food is good and not so expensive but watch the wine prices, great for a celebration

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Just a perfect spot in London to go and spoil ourselves.

Just a perfect spot in London to go and spoil ourselves. Celebrate a special birthday. The team on duty over our entire stay absolutely spoilt us rotten. And made a fuss of my sibling who was celebrating a big birthday. We really couldn’t have asked for a better weekend. We will be back later in the year.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Expensive, poor value for money, if your not a celebrity your treated as second rate clients.
    • Superior King Room

Arrived at the hotel and rooms weren't ready, told to come back in 20mins, went for a walk and came back an hour later, rooms still not ready. I had planned this trip as my parents have never visited london and being elderly needed a rest after a long trip from Manchester, at this point I was quite annoyed, considering the prestige and reputation of the Ritz being one of the best in the world. Eventually got to the room and one room had fruit and the previous clients welcome card, which is appalling. this was after I had spoken to the manager.

fantastic location, hear of London, all the major attractions within walking distance.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

For the special occasions. Create memories with loved ones.
    • Superior King Room

Coffemaker/Nespresso or similar should be available in-room Coffee quality for breakfast could be improved One young bar attendant arrogant and slow to service in the foyer Late check out options not available? Gym could have been larger with a few more machines and heavier hantles

Room quality very high. We were upgraded without extra charge. The complete style of the hotel is excellent and breathtaking from reception area through Palm Court, Rivoli and The Restaurant. Breakfast was excellent with impeccable service. The kitchen was fast in its expedition of "cooked breakfast". The Afternoon Tea was a real treat. High quality bakery and extra helpings. Extremely efficient and personal service. Piano entertainment topping it all.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Thoroughly enjoyable and have been recommending it lots.
    • Superior King Room

There is nothing i didnt like.

The etiquette and politeness between staff themselves, very professional, the helpfulness, place was very clean,i was njcely surprised at how my bead was made ready for me for the night. I liked the fact that staff had picked up on that it was a special birthday for me. I was really happy with the fact they allowed me in to my room well before the check in time.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Staff trained not enough.
    • Superior King Room

Staff trained not enough. My keys were lost by the hotel at check in. It took them several hours, before they found out that previous guest forgot it in the taxi. Boy who came to bring it to me finally, told it was MY fault. Obviously he didn’t know the whole story. But how come this might happen in 800 euro per night? Breakfast - champagne is extra, strange in comparison with other similar hotels. But, have to tell, they serve really nice one.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

London's finest

Am hard pushed to think of a single thing... Wish I could think of something just to strike some balance in this review, but sorry cannot think of anything amiss.

You are made to feel at home from the front doormen to the receptionists and way beyond...You are also made to feel v special and every whim is catered for without fuss, delay or argument. The place is simply sublime. The restaurant is amazing, elegant, sophisticated; gourmet at its v best. Try the steak and be ready to cut into it with your fork alone (well almost!) - perfection on a plate. The attention to detail, courtesy and sheer brilliance of the place and its staff shine. Prepare to be amazed.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

an amazing stay full of lovely memories for the children too.

not much to dislike really. The hotel wasn't as big as i thought but thats not a dislike.

We had a fantastic welcome, concierge parked the car for us on arrival quickly and safely, luggage off loaded and then taken to the room- stat. The reception/check in staff were fantastic, picked up it was the hubby's birthday and a cake was in our room on arrival. They made the children feel really welcome, asked about their bedtime, for a timed turned down of sheets and complimetary children's wash/toiletteries. The best bit.... we had a free upgrade to a Suite from a King room so the children had more space. they added in an extra bed and the beds were really comfy... Room service was really efficient and they took the little ones breakfast to the room for us as she didnt want to eat in the restaurant. loads of free complimentary stuff-drinks in the room-the pink lemonade is yum yum...free water, free slippers, teddy bears for the children-all memories of the stay. Just an amazing experience and would go back anyday.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

It would have been better if we could have had a lcommunal lounge space without feeling that we coul
    • Executive King Room

Lots of reserved seating for afternoon Teas, no pool, limited outdoor space , if we’d known about ID beforehand we could have used the casino .

Friendliness,tranquility

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Out of this world
    • Executive King Room

We had a fantastic time at the Ritz and we were treated like royalty throughout our stay, nothing was too much trouble. The staff are amazing, I have never known customer service like this. Definitely a 5* experience.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

First class price for the economy service. Highly not recommend
    • Superior King Room

Bell boy & service. They mixed up our luggage, never got help with taxi for 3 consecutive days of our stay. Told us to cross the street and call the cab on our own. We ordered the drink while waiting for the airport transfer to pick us for the long flight back home, the waiter said they can't giv you drink bc of our dress code (who would wear a full dress for >10hr flight!). The room wasn't really cleaned on the carpet floor.

The location is close to everything; food, tube station, bus station. The hotel interior is impressive.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Worth a visit to say you've been.

The room was traditional in design (aka old fashioned!) and was a looking a little shabby round the edges, which I wasn't expecting. Room smelt of smoke - it was coming through the air conditioning system, which was unpleasant. Glad I've been, it ticked a box, but wouldn't rush back.

Great to stay in an iconic hotel. Good location. We had their famous afternoon tea, which was nice. Room was very large with wonderful monogrammed sheets. Bathroom huge with lovely toiletries. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

utterly memorable and a truly wonderful Stay in the best Hotel in the world
    • Superior King Room

The Staff, Louisa in particular, were incredibly pleasant, kind, helpful and warm. They made a special occasion extra special through their generosity and thoughtfulness. I couldn't have had a better time. It was a truly memorable stay and both my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

The stay was fine but the food was bad. It was for my 70th birthday and I wanted it to be special.
    • Superior King Room

The Breakfast was very poor.I've had better at a roadside Café. It's disappointing when you ask to have your Eggs done a certain way and they say okay and then serve them up the same as everybody else rock hard and out of a mould.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Recommend
    • Executive King Room

On the first day did not like that ordered dinner in the room, we took it for 2 hours, the only disadvantage.

Good afternoon. Went with her husband and settled in a beautiful hotel. We all loved it. Cozy rooms, soft and comfortable bed, friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

It was my partner's 50th. Enjoyed the afternoon tea.
    • Superior King Room

Had better selection for afternoon tea. I am 6ft 5 and found the bed small lengthwise. Bathrooms needs to be updated.

Ground floor Decor was excellent. Hotel has good reputation.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Beautiful hotel and helpful friendly staff. The room was very comfortable and clean.
    • Executive King Room

The breakfast was not very good and the service was lacking. Many of the items on the full English breakfast were missing, when we asked about it we were told we didn’t ask for them? Surely a full English is as per the menu, I shouldn’t have to specify each item I want? I found that particular staff member a little rude, which was surprising as all other staff were fantastic.

Service and hotel was excellent with first rate staff. Made to feel very welcome the whole weekend.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

We Loved our stay st The Ritz!
    • Superior King Room

Dress code. Although I can appreciate having one, it became difficult while traveling with children.

We LOVED our stay at The Ritz! First Class all the way. Breakfast was nice too!

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

The Ritz sets the bar as far as luxurious hotels are...
    • Superior King Room

The Ritz sets the bar as far as luxurious hotels are concerned. I cannot fault the hotel and staff in any way. It was a wonderful experience and treat and I would certainly recommend it to anyone.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Not for me!
    • Superior King Room

I know it's The Ritz, but to be honest I found it far too ostentatious. Staff are friendly but were way too 'over the top' in trying to please. Serve me a drink then leave me alone - don't keep coming over, asking if 'everything's ok', wiping my glass then filling it up! I suppose they're used to having to spread rose petals on the floor as Elton John walks through!!

Hotel was clean and the room was ok. It was the wifes' birthday and she wanted to experience a stay here. Breakfast was ok.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Beautiful hotel but not luxurious.
    • Superior King Room

The room! For +£400 a night I expected a bit more in terms of luxury; shower in a bath, come on times have changed. Also no facilities to make a tea or coffee in the morning, guessing you have to use room service and pay ££££! The Rivoli bar is quite small and was far to hot, which I heard some others complain about, and a bottle of Pinot was £60, really! The hotel I think lives on its iconic status but no doubt is full 7 days a week because of the name.

The hotel itself is wonderful on the inside, the decor very historic and classic. The afternoon tea was excellent although pricey but then you know that when you book. Staff were all very courteous and efficient.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

Room beautiful bed soooo comfy
    • Superior King Room

Ritz 110 tasted different Bar staff not very smart Customers wearing Trainers and jeans, preferred it when dress code was applied. Foyer carpet looked filfthy

Room beautiful bed soooo comfy

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

a very professional manager Melanie!
    • Executive King Room

booking of a table at the restaurant (I did not manage to have dinner on Saturday as all was booked, but, in my opinion, those who stay at the hotel should always have this opportunity

a very professional manager Melanie! Very quickly she managed to solve the problem with the room I faced

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

A memorable experience
    • Executive King Room

I would have liked tea & coffee making facilities in the room. The room was too hot to sleep well. The thermostat only went down to 17.

The blinds were great.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Fab u lous!!!!!!
    • Superior King Room

A thermostatic shower mixer would have been nice, but it’s an old building so this might be difficult.

Beautiful opulent hotel, friendly staff, every detail taken to a higher level. Most comfortable bed ever! Gorgeous breakfast in the beautiful dining room. Exquisite smoked salmon, eggs cooked to order with fresh hollandaise sauce, finest cheeses. Rice pudding to die for! Yes even the rice pudding here is better; made with fresh cream and vanilla pods. Honestly breakfast here is an unforgettable experience as was the whole stay.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

Excellent we will be back
    • Superior King Room

Service and care provided excellent. Provided with priority pass for Hard Rock cafe which allowed us to go to top of the queue of 40 people !! fantastic on a cold day with young children!

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Very enjoyable but not the wow experienced we were anticipating
    • Executive King Room

Our cocktails were £24 each and had the biggest block of ice in them and very little cocktail. They offered to take our coats up to our room and then promptly lost them. Apparently they had been put in the wrong room. Also the bedroom had no mirror to put on your makeup apart from an unlit shaving mirror and no where to sit to dry your hair. Also there was only the shower in the bath (no stand alone shower) which I found difficult to manage getting in and out of

Staff called us by our names whoever we dealt with which was very nice. Allowed to park for free as I have a blue badge. Room was very nice and comfortable

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

Staff should not make guests feel uncomfortable or embarrassed.
    • Superior King Room

We didn't like the way we were greeted, wondered why on earth the Duty Manager rang us declaring we wanted an upgrade (we didn't) and that the problem with our 'welcome' was because we had booked through BOOKING.COM. We did not like being summonsed via a letter pushed under our door at night to put more money on our card as 'our credit had run out'....... apparently this is 'policy' but this is not correct, the terms and conditions say pay before departure not halfway through your stay and late at night too! Neither is it normal to pay ahead of things we had not yet had! We also did not like the 'someone will be straight up' to resolve various things when no such thing was actioned (this was the front desk again). If you want something the very capable concierge will sort it out immediately as they get what a customer means to a business. Last time we stayed at The Ritz we were sent a questionnaire, not so this time and the Assistant Manager who contacted me after our previous stay and said she was always pleased to have feedback has not responded to my email to her, so there you have it. Very sadly, we won't be back.

On the ground, staff great. We liked the doormen, concierge, bar staff, waiters, cleaning staff, valets. We liked the one Duty Manager who arranged for us with some friends to go into The Ritz Club late at night, he went the extra mile. You will note my comments about other management issues.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Very good but not quite what we expected.

See above

In many ways this place is wonderful but there are small things that are a let down for a place of such renown and cost. We checked in before the room was ready but were told our luggage would be taken to our room as soon as the room was free. This did not happen and we we returned and went to our room we had to wait, an unnaceptably long time, for the luggage to arrive. No tea/coffee making facilities (we know you can call room service but that involves a wait !) No water in the room. When we called for some it came with a bill (we refused) and were told that a bottle of water would be left when they turned down the bed! The water was very quickly brought back as ‘on the house’ along with a half bottle of Champagne which we refused as we were just about to go out to dinner. When we came to pay the bill we had been charged for the Champage and had to explain the whole story - it was then removed from the bill. Breakfast was very good but we have seen far better ‘spreds’ at lesser hotels. None of these things are terrible but they are not what you expect from the Ritz.!

• Reviewed: February 3, 2018

Excellent! The hotel staff made it a Birthday to remember forever.
    • Superior King Room

It was excellent! Staff were lovely, went for mother’s 80th Birthday and they could not have been nicer. Upgraded her room, probided a birthday cake, flowers - cannot fault a single thing. Amazing!

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Truely First Class from Start to finish
    • Superior King Room

nothing, it runs like clockwork

Outstanding, truly one of the best in the world, I travel a lot and have stayed in many hotel, this is by far one one the best

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Amazing stunning

The bed was amazing, room was amazing, a kind staff member showed us function rooms late sat evening was fantastic.. wow, only problem we had to complain as we could not get a drink before dinner were told ravioli bar was full and everywhere else and after paying for a room there I was furious. Spoke to manager and we got a table but we're late for dinner as it took that long.apart from that was amazing

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

everything about this hotel was wonderful the staff ,food, beds ,i booked it as a surprise for my mums 70th birthday it was fantastic from start to finish ,we also had afternoon tea .one of the best i've ever had ,will almost certainly be going again.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2018

Pure luxury, perfect place for a special celebration.
    • Superior King Room

Everything was perfect. The room very comfortable. The staff were very attentive and friendly

The pillows were like big soft marshmallows!! They were so comfortable.

We Price Match