2. UK hotel reviews

Reviews of The Sandringham Hotel

1 Victoria Square, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1AN, United Kingdom

#11 of 19 hotels in Weston-super-Mare

5.9

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 22 March 2019

Great value for money

I can't think of anything that I didn't like.

A nice comfortable room to send the evening after days out. The staff are helpful and service was quick in the resteraunt.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2019

See view very nice

No bed side lamp no hairdryer blanket instead of duva time for breakfast to late early needs to be early for people to move on no private car park

See view very nice

• Reviewed: 21 March 2019

Friendly woman behind the check in desk, staff overall nice,...

Parking options were awful, carrying things to and from a multi story car park or through the town, also a duvet on beds wouldn’t have gone a miss.

Friendly woman behind the check in desk, staff overall nice, room was basic but clean and had essentials.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2019

Seafront location, good views, close to pubs, clubs and...

More attention required to decoration of bedrooms --- minor scuffs and marks on wallpaper, doors, etc.

Seafront location, good views, close to pubs, clubs and shops. Very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2019

Staff were fab, I asked in advance for an earlier check in...

I can see the hotel reception is being updated, the room I stayed in could do with a makeover, maybe a lick of paint and new bedding but overall it was ok, ideally a screen around the shower instead of a shower curtain. Only small things but I was happy overall for the money I paid.

Staff were fab, I asked in advance for an earlier check in as I got here early in the morning and was given my room straight away which gave me a great base to come back to.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2019

After reading a few reviews I found they were none founded.

After reading a few reviews I found they were none founded.. Rooms were clean Staff were excellent food was well presented and well cooked.. Restaurant staff were excellent in fact could not fault any staff a great stay

• Reviewed: 18 March 2019

Great staff. Dated premises in need of a load of work

My room had quite a large water leak and that went straight into the TV. The facilities are really dated and I first thought I had gone into a care facility when I initially went into the reception In defence of the hotel they are renovating the reception area at the moment but the entire place is rundown and in real need of a major revamp. There is no parking anywhere near after 18:00 as the car park behind the hotel closes at that time and the nearest is a 10 min walk up the prom

The staff were excellent. Incredibly helpful and very friendly, breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 17 March 2019

Great hotel

Everything was satisfactory

The very freindly welcome as soon as we arrived, and how hard working all the staff were couldn't fault it, excellent location central to everthing will defiently be booking this hotel again

• Reviewed: 14 March 2019

We found the staff very friendly, and Tina who was on...

We found the staff very friendly, and Tina who was on reception gave us very good information were to visit,breakfast was good and the staff who served us was very polite ,we met the cleaner who was cleaning floor 4 she was very sociable and pleasant and wished us a safe journey home ,would recommend this hotel also the bedding smelt nice ,not like others iv stayed in

• Reviewed: 11 March 2019

Ok.wish i had more sleep :(

I was prank phoned called half the night from other visitors. Felt very unsettled .had to unplug the room phone .

Great view of the weston pier and rolling waves from the resturant

• Reviewed: 10 March 2019

Birthday weekend

The hotel is right on the seafront directly opposite the pier. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. The shopping centre is only a short walk away if the weather is bad.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2019

Excellent Hotel

I would have preferred a shower with detachable head rather than a fixed head but it's only a little problem.

The room was really clean it looked like they had made an effort, location is brilliant, breakfast was excellent and the hotel staff were friendly and helpful, I would definitely recommend the sandringham Hotel 10 out of 10 and I will definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2019

would never consider staying at this hotel ever again. very unpleasent stay.

Shower basin was that small the shower curtain was stuck to me during showering. no wifi in the bedrooms. no affordable parking near to hotel. rooms were old fashioned and small.

Did not eat breakfast as it was not served until 8.00am, ridiculous time to start breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2019

Lovely little hotel

Some area's were a little tired looking.

The staff and service received was excellent. The room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 6 March 2019

Nice stay, great staff, good location, good food

1) Not really a fault with the hotel but pity there was not onsite overnight parking (in fairness we knew about this before we booked) 2) This is very picky but the shower was a little small and it was easy to get water over the bathroom floor. 3) Again being picky, there was no hair dryer in the room (fortunately we brought our own)

Great location. The hotel is right on the sea front, beautiful sea view from the dining room. Fantastic staff (check in/housekeeping/restaurant) We had two rooms and one in our party is disabled. It was great that at check in we were given rooms without stairs and close to each other (there was a lift) The room was in good order, very clean and tidy, with complimentary soap and tea/coffee Food was good and the waiter/waitress were fantastic

• Reviewed: 5 March 2019

Friendly comfortable Hotel

I don't really like hotels without their own car park. However the multi storey by the hotel was clean and secure, even locked over night

Very friendly and helpful staff lovely breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2019

We would certainly return as the staff were so nice.

No on site parking. We thought we got discounted parking in the adjacent public car park but we had to pay full price.

The hotel is a little old and dated but is being updated at present. The staff were very friendly, helpful and made us feel very welcome.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2019

Very old property in desperate need of a refurbish . The room was small the walls need a desperate lick of paint the bed was uncomfortable and the base of the bed was stinking . The bathroom was very nice

Location & value didn't disappoint

No hairdryer in room was the only fault found.

Very friendly welcome at reception & at breakfast the following morning. The room was clean & had the added bonus of seaview.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2019

The staff were welcoming and friendly.

as there was 16 of us some said there rooms were cold while others were nice and toasty.. I am sure if they had gone to reception a extra blanket would have been provided. Not everyone can be pleased within such a big party

The staff were welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was fantastic with plenty of choice and the waiting staff were lovely. there were 16 of us and they looked after us all in a timely manor. we would all stay again without hesitation

• Reviewed: 3 March 2019

Had a thouroughly enjoyable mini break

Shower quite small & curtain had a tendency to stick to me

Excellent breakfast, served to us by very friendly staff. Comfortable room, hotel right by the pier

• Reviewed: 3 March 2019

Another quick visit to Weston. A two hour drive to spend some time in the sun.

Nothing that would make be think twice about visiting again. Bar is not always open during the day, I know my visit was out of season, but they still have guests staying. Some of the bar staff not brilliant shall we say. Wifi poor, sorry guys but this is such an easy fix nowadays and has been mentioned before, but I don't think the owners even bother to read their reviews! Let see!

I have stayed many times at this hotel, which says enough really. Lovely position, you may need to find parking, but that's no big deal as there's plenty of parking in the area. Bar area is brilliant. Check in was easy, they have the new lift operational now, so that's good. Lady on reception Monday and Tuesday was brilliant. Even when I had to move rooms she was very friendly and professional. Rooms are always clean and comfortable. Basic tea and coffee supplied in the rooms. No biscuits....Come on, lets have some biscuits!.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2019

I think my answers sum it up

Rooms need updating rooms cramped a lot of noise WiFi nonexistent in rooms shower needs cubiclesome put in as only shower curtains up

Staff friendly and helpful full breakfast was ok on second morning

• Reviewed: 3 March 2019

Great location. Very friendly Staff, and great value for the money we paid.

Not totally clear on what we were entitled to have during our included breakfast; the staff could have made things a little clearer whilst asking us what we wanted. For example, could I have juice as well as coffee/tea? Not really a Very bad point, but would have been a better experience if the options were a little clearer. Overall though, breakfast was lovely, and set us up for a lovely start to the day. Staff were very friendly as well.

The staff were very friendly. Beds were, in our opinion, very comfy. Just a short walk from the pier, and in the middle of pretty much everything. Lots of nice eateries to be found, just a short walk away. Very nice view of the pier/beach from dining room window, during our breakfast.

Location is good .

The website stated discounted parking of just £4 for the night,, which we found out to not be the case on asking. Also no duvets & both uncomfortably hot or cold.

Location is good .

• Reviewed: 2 March 2019

Lovely clean, warm rooms with everything we needed.

NO PARKING!!!

Lovely clean, warm rooms with everything we needed. Nice clean bathroom, not huge but adequate, good shower (get rid of the rusty toiletries caddy). Good bar, nice lounge, lovely, bright airy dining room. Will be back

• Reviewed: 2 March 2019

Nice size clean room with own bathroom.

Pillows hard,although it's personal choice. Bed a bit hard once again can't please everyone. Toilet paper dispenser one sheet at a time.

Nice size clean room with own bathroom. Paid for single up graded to double as hotel quiet.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2019

Comfortable room, great service, good breakfast and great value for money.

Great location. hotel is dated but undergoing some renovations. This is reflected in the price. I have stayed here several times over the last four years and have never been disappointed. Comfy beds, everything you need for a good nights sleep. Good breakfast and plenty of tea/coffee in the room. Staff are helpful and friendly.

Pleasant hotel that is ideal for family breaks in Weston Super Mare

The sound proofing to the walls was non existent and you could hear every sentance spoken. Not ideal when a drunk party rolls in at 3am and you have an important business meeting at 8am...

Ideal location that was close (within walking distance) to every amenity with friendly staff. The bedrooms were adequate for purpose. The bathroom was clean and managable for two of us.

Great location for a 1 night stay

Room at front was very noisy, waited 10 mins to be seated & more than 20 mins for breakfast order to be taken then 15 mins for food to arrive. Very small bathroom/shower.

Very pleasant staff, excellent parking at £10 for 24 hours just at rear of hotel. Nice bar, good breakfast when it eventually arrived.

Weekend break

No warning was given when the booking was made that the restaurant was completely booked by a party, so eating in was unavailable when we arrived.

Breakfast had a good selection and efficiently served despite a crowded room.

• Reviewed: 27 February 2019

Cheap n cheerful hotel in great location, but needs renovation.

There was no basin in the bathroom - this was located in the room, built into the desk, which was a bit odd. A/C units right outside the room, so was noisy if I opened the window. Hotel is in desperate need of updating, but clean and comfortable.

Great location, only a few mins walk to the beach. Was upgraded when I arrived from a single room to a double, but there were a/c units were right outside my room, so was quite noisy if I opened the window. There was obviously a lot of renovation work going on in the hotel, which I would have liked to have known about, but the staff were very friendly and check in was quick and easy.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2019

Overall a pleasent stay, we would certainly go back and we would also reccomend.

Shower area could have been better.

Room was clean and comfortable. the bathroom was Ok could do with a tidy up ie the shower area was small and only had a plastic curtain wraparound. The hot water was extremely hot, you could drop a teabag in the running water and brew a tea. The breakfast choice was excelent, we both had full english breakfasts on both days. we didn't have evening meal at hotel as all sittings were fully booked up, so no comment except if it was constantly booked up the food must be good. Our room had a seafront and pier view, a bit noisey at night with the main road below the window but we could have had a room with no views and a bit less noisey if we wanted. The staff was excelent especially the desk staff, the evening entertainment was not to our taste as it was a singer who was OK but we left as soon as the bingo started, the place was packed for both so I assume bingo has not died yet. Each to their own.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2019

The breakfast was good and closeness to shops

No where to park builders vans in disabled spaces without badges the car park was Kent to be available but closed at 7.30 at night building work going on wasn't mentioned when booking drills and tools lying around that we had to step over

The breakfast was good and closeness to shops

• Reviewed: 24 February 2019

Great location staff were very helpful and happy

Bit dated in the bar area but refurbishment is taking place and I’m sure it will look great when it’s done

Great location staff were very helpful and happy

• Reviewed: 24 February 2019

Great especially for the price.

Parking was a little difficult as I didn't arrive untill after 10pm and most of the local car parks closed between 9pm and 10pm.

Room was modern, clean, even on top of units. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2019

Very good value, excellent new bathroom - amazing waitresses.

Protective bed / mattress covers - uncomfortable to sleep on. I'm 6.2 - bed was short !!

The waitresses both Donna and Viv make the place !! Absolutely indispensable - vital to the success of the business. Charming, very hard working, super efficient - and consistent in professional welcoming, caring attitude !!

• Reviewed: 22 February 2019

Great value, great breakfast.

The only negatives are the walls are a bit on the thin side, so if next door have their telly turned up you can enjoy what they're watching too. And the free WiFi signal doesn't reach the second floor. A few boosters round the place would help. (But then it is free, so am I being too picky?)

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is excellent (both in terms of quality and value). Room was comfortable, bathroom clean and modern. And it is overall excellent value, in a great location, and even when factoring in the £5 to park the car overnight, is half the cost of a Premier Inn.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2019

Comfortable enough but pungent smell unfortunately spoilt the stay

If you used the sink tap a pungent smell of waste from an obvious broken sewage came into the room and took of the room smell

The area the hotel was in, close to all amenities.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2019

The hotel it's self is really good value for money with the breakfast included

Room was really small stains on the walls, room very hot even though radiator was off. Also found condom wrapper by side of bed side cabinet.

The sea view from the room window and breakfast was really nice.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2019

Friendly staff & good location.

Creaky floorboards (could hear all movements of guests from rooms) and mattress not that great - didn’t really sleep much.

Friendly staff & good location. Fantastic breakfast too!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2019

Mattresses in my friends room could do with being replaced, so old like a waterbed.

Great location, good size clean room & bathroom, good choice of food for breakfast, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2019

Comfortable and value for money!

Only downfall was no parking.

We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back, bed was extremely comfortable staff were very friendly and helpful the entertainment was fantastic and funny, lovely guy singing.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2019

Very pleasant just need to meet dietary needs.

I wouldn’t say there was anything I didn’t like.

The breakfast was nice but I asked for soya milk and they didn’t have any?i have been here before and they were more than happy to oblige.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2019

ok

the bed uncomfortable, very poor sound proofing, floor very squeaky. a little cofusing of how to get from ur bedroom to the lift or stairs ( no signs or directions), lots of refurbishments being carried out. Cold in the corridors & bedroom on arrival, heating in room not working, until we informed reception.

central location, lovely to wake up to the side on pier/sea view

• Reviewed: 14 February 2019

Superb as usual.

Nothing could have been better.

Exellent rooms, friendly staff as always, excellent breakfast service, excellent bar and excellent barman, overall the word to describe this hotel has to be "excellent" Do not hesitate to book a room at this hotel, it will not disappoint.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2019

I got very little sleep due to noise from other guests.

It was very noisy. People chatting till all hour. Load snoring from yhe next room. People talking loudly in the corridors at 5am. Window had a loud wind whistle.

The bed was comfortable and the room had tea making facilities.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2019

Staff were super helpful, three different people over the...

Rooms are very tired & old fashion, hard to keep clean

Staff were super helpful, three different people over the duration of our short stay, so we’ll done, you’re doing an amazing job.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2019

Mrs williams ; Fab weekend had by us all

Couldn't fault anything, excellent cooked breakfast, nothing too much trouble for the staff and extra toast , tea etc requests were served pronto!! Clean and comfortable spacious rooms, a perfect hotel all round and so reasonably priced. Definateley return visit on the cards.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2019

Ideal location

The breakfast was the worst I've ever had And the floor boards were like a million years old and so creaky was kept up all night

The bed was comfy and the location

• Reviewed: 9 February 2019

People very friendly entertainment good breakfast excellent...

Work being carried out in the reception look as if it was a poor choice

People very friendly entertainment good breakfast excellent evening meal very good for price and very tasty value for money staff

• Reviewed: 8 February 2019

On arrival a room hadn’t been allocated. Were given a room and said it was the room we were promised which was meant to have a sea view. However, the room only had a view of the multi storey car park and was cold. We complained and got a better room, however bathroom smelt of urine. We told reception but they didn’t offer anything. Didnt like being lied to by the receptionist.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2019

OK ish.

It is an old building. Plus points- Staff are very helpful and very clean. However, I am not happy with the gas pipes running next to the staircase near the reception. Also, fire exits were not easy to find.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2019

Excellent location.

Walls are paper thin, can hear every sound including tvs, talking, people above very loud. No hot water or heating in the morning, meaning that we had to spend the day unwashed. On asking reception we were told that a gas engineer had been called. She said that the gas was being fixed, but we had to check out by 10.30. This was not acceptable. Reception staff should have offered us, and all others, time to shower and warm up before checking out....... Nothing. I asked what was going to be done about this, only to be told that she would ask a manager sometime during the day after we left. We're waiting to hear. Also the website offers parking. There is none, false advertising.

Excellent location. Room clean.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2019

Hotel and staff were lovely.

Bar was way too expensive 3.60 for 230ml bottle pils lager. Disgusting. Rip off No wonder there was no one in the bar.

Hotel and staff were lovely. Breakfast was good quality and served by nice waitress.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2019

Ideal value for money and location but a shame no parking as advertised

It says it has free parking but there isn't any at all you have to use a public carpark which is a little walk from any of the open car parks you choose as alot of them shut early and this cost around £12 - £16 a night,but other than that it's good

Every thing was good and very good value for money

• Reviewed: 2 February 2019

really enjoyable

there was nothing we didn't like

the staff were lovely kind and helpful my daughter loved staying there and wants to go back I will now become a regular and wont stay anywhere else the rooms were lovely I just wish we had wfi in our rooms thank you for having us

• Reviewed: 28 January 2019

Disappointed

This visit was very disappointing we had 2 nights with no sleep on a broken bed with springs pinging all night and our room was next to the lift so people shouting outside our door

We always try and book the Sandringham as staff are lovely

• Reviewed: 25 January 2019

Pleasantly surprised and excellent value for money.

Only negative was the housing keeping knocking on our door too early in the morning, but nothing to complain about.

It was like stepping back in time. Hotel is a little dated but what a lovely place to stay. The staff were so welcoming, room small but served it's purpose, and very clean, excellent breakfast. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2019

bathroom was nice

no parking, and nearest car park was closed between 7pm & 8am. second nearest charged 12 per night, so had to resort to parking in a loading bay and hoping I didn't receive a fine , lifts didn't work, had to pre-book the restaurant for dinner, breakfast wasn't served til 8:15 which is too late if using the hotel for work. hotel generally in a poor state of repair.

bathroom was nice

• Reviewed: 22 January 2019

Bed had It’s day. Street light outside window very bright and curtains did nothing to block it out Bed side lights not working Decorators on site which I would like to have been warned about General clean required Bar very out dated

Room with a view

Disdvantage was no on site parking. Had to park a ten minute walk away n cost £18.00 for our three day visit. Porridge was nasty.... chef said it was made with milk but definately tasted like made with water .... not nice ...... Window not fitted properly n cold draft across room n curtain moved....

Quick easy check in. Cosy room with view of grand pier. Comfy bed. Clean room Nicely furnished Decent hot shower. Good cooked breakfast. Good sized bar n reasonably priced drinks.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2019

Really good, we will book again next year if we have the same reason to come to Weston.

Well, the hotel is a little shabby, it looks like they are doing some refurbishment work, but our room and en-suite were spotless. The double bed was perfectly clean but quite a cheap one with boingy springs - didn't stop us sleeping though.

The staff were lovely, it was perfectly located for our travel reason and there was a car park nearby. The shopping centre and beach were also close. The dining room was lovely and the breakfast marvellous. The price we paid was so reasonable I had to phone to make sure it was correct!

unbelieveable value.

TBH very little, upon arrival, the shabby well-worn carpet in the reception said: "what I expected for 40 quid". however, having seen the room I expect they are doing it eventually.

near centre of town and opposite beach/pier. newly refurbished room, nice new furniture/carpet/bathroom small but good tv with Freeview.very warm and best of all a comfy bed. well exceeded what I expected for £40 for the two of us (R.O). the lass on reception deserves a mention, very helpful, smiley and efficient.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2019

The toilets, showers & wTer worked. Our door locked.

It was under renovation, noisy, smelly, musky. Furniture was very old & cheap. Bedding below par. They advertised parking & there was none. Only public paid parking. WiFi only in common area and those were very poor. Maybe when they get it all renovated but not our 1st choice.

The staff was great, cleaning & dining. The location was great.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2019

Adequate and clean. Ok for a short stay.

The parking situation is very poor. A large hotel with only parking for six cars. We had to pay 5 pounds for overnight parking in a local multi storey car park if you left by 10am after that it rose to 10 pounds. The breakfast was one of the smallest full English ones that i have had in a long time.

Easy access to Westons main attractions and the beach. Problem free and easy check in and check out. Staff were all very helpful. Comfy room.

Very happy with everything

Fantastic value for money. Very helpful happy staff. Waiter service for breakfast in the morning and an absolutely fantastic breakfast. Staff directed me to a car park just a few minutes away and this was good as it was locked all night so i knew my car would be safe. Car park was a good price too.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2019

Served its purpose for a cheap price. At this time of year Weston-super-Mare is dead after 5.00pm.

Décor in rooms is out-dated but serviceable. The shower over the bath desperately needs replacing in room 204. Why no taps to fill the bath? Need to provide electric sockets to put a charger in or actual charger points. In 2019 all rooms should have free internet.

Very clean. Modernisation in progress. Hopefully new lift will benefit.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2019

Suited our needs ,reception staff always helpful on arrival.

Breakfast staff on sunday need to go to charm school, waited over 20 minutes to be seated and finally served the restaurant wasnt even full!

breakfast on first day served by very efficient male member of staff who took the trouble to explain a minor delay and the lack of mushrooms. unfortunately he wasnt there the next day!

• Reviewed: 10 January 2019

Fair price and really good for for one night.

The white towels were yellowish and it could be good to add some bleach while washing them,I also expected basic toiletries like shampoo packet but there wasn't any.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2019

Very clean staff very polite & helpful breakfast was...

Needs a bit of up dating & would be perfect

Very clean staff very polite & helpful breakfast was lovely room was basic but had everything you needed.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2019

very enjoyable break

parking is always a problem outside the hotel as there is spaces which you can pay at the meter but you can rarely park there to unload your cases as it is always full of blue badge holders who park there all weekend for free.

location is excellent for the bars and restaurants and for weston pier very close to shopping center for those everyday needs.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2019

Good if you’re looking for a cheap one night stay.

The beds didn’t have duvets which was a bit disappointing as I woke up in the middle of the night freezing! A blanket is definitely not enough unfortunately, the bathroom needed a better shower door as every time I had a shower the floor got soaking as the curtain didn’t do anything and was too short, the kettle in the room was a lovely touch but in you’re supplying them I would ensure that they’re kept a little more clean as we had to wash ours out when we got there. Rooms where a bit cramped but it’s expected for the price in a way I guess.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, the man at the bar downstairs was very friendly and cheerful, staff there definitely made the trip a lot more comfortable! The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very clean.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2019

Good for location easy bus access to everything good breakfast comfy bed nice stay

Location right on the front opposite the pier and the old lift where you have to close both gates to move class

Great location to every thing walking distance to all local pubs lady on reception gave us great Indian to try and for £40 with breakfast say no more

• Reviewed: 6 January 2019

Hotel and staff great shame about other residents.

Have stayed at the hotel many times, unfortunately we had two nights of disturbing sleep. The people in room next door had the TV on till 3 am in the morning and we could hear every word. The second night we had fire alarm going of three times, this was due to a person using a vapor smoke machine. 😩

Staff friendless. Breakfast service very good.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!