2. UK hotel reviews
  3. Merseyside hotel reviews
  4. Liverpool hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of The Shankly Hotel

Reviews of The Shankly Hotel 4 stars

Millenium House, 60 Victoria Street, Liverpool, Liverpool, L1 6JD, United Kingdom

#19 of 80 hotels in Liverpool

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 9 December 2018

The room was very aesthetically nice but not practical.
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

As a group of girls who are getting ready for a night out there was no full length mirror and also the lights were very dark and only lamps really for lighting. The blue tooth speaker was broken, and when we called for maintenance they confirmed it was broken and could bring up a speaker from downstairs, they then came back and said there wasn’t any left.

The room was very aesthetically nice but not practical.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2018

Great hotel, room but tired, would make a great party room.
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

The only thing that disappointed me was we had to request for the floor to get swept again as it hadn’t been done properly but this was done immediately and our particular room looked abit worn in places, furniture knocked and scuffed, wooden floor flaking etc. Great for a party room though!

Me and my partner went with our little boy. Hotel was very nice and very luxurious and staff were also very nice and helpful. We stayed in the junior suite with spa bath.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2018

Convenience of hotel location.
    • Luxury Room (4 Adults) - Disability Access

Not enough power points in the room and furniture the in the wrong place. E.g. dressing table with the tea making facilities and mirror above with no power socket near it!

Convenience of hotel location. Comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2018

The breakfast is very good.
    • Superior Studio with Spa Bath (5 Adults)

Not enough towels in room. Bar service is slow. No room service was available due to lack of staff. When my daughter went down to get hot chocolate, the staff were smelling the milk. I have stayed here at least four times. I feel the standard is getting worse each time.

The breakfast is very good. Many choices. Location is great.

Nice people very friendly

I asked for a room with a larger bed than a double as my husband is large and was told the hotel only had one size bed, which clearly wasn’t true as we saw into other rooms with much larger beds. Also there were 2 very large pillars almost touching the bed which made getting to the bathroom at night very difficult. On more than one occasion I stubbed my toe, on which I have just had an operation and it was excruciating!!!!!!

Nice people very friendly

Great stay with friends
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

Could have used a small fridge, and thought the lighting was poor, we had an issue with a drawer front that fell off but was repaired when reception was informed .

Great location, friendly and informative staff, room was spacious and quiet even though it’s situated on a busy road,beds very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2018

Great breakfast, staff and big room for 2 girls seeing family and shopping.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Spa Bath

Lots of noise and people drinking by lift area.

Eric friendly in reception. Room 314 amazing comfort and hot tub. Shame we asked for early check in, still waiting around after 3.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2018

Great location, but it was not much different to a premier inn

Room getting cleaned on arrival Hotel marked as parking but £15 for 24 hrs Room was cold and not possible to put higher than 19 deg Bath tap fell off Enough milk/sugar for 1 person to get 1 cup when 2 staying

The location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2018

The convenience of the hotel to all the shops and the...
    • Triple Room - Disability Access

We had been put into disabled room and the young lady said she was going to move us to a different room but when we reviewed our key it turned out to be a dissatisfied room after all....

The convenience of the hotel to all the shops and the parking is great.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2018

Good
    • Superior Studio with Spa Bath (5 Adults)

The hotel had excellent atmosphere, rooms we’re fabulous and beds comfy staff were very nice the only problem we had was there was bottle Prosecco in the room which we presumed was complimentary as we did not request it then we were charged £30 when leaving for tis as a hotel owner myself I felt tis was a total scam to get more ££, other than that situation hotel was perfect for our stay x

• Reviewed: 4 December 2018

Central location
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

Rooms too dark to get ready in. Short staff on reception and concierge, waiting far too long. Food at breakfast not replaced quick enough, lots of empty dishes and again waited too long for miss food to come out.

Central location

• Reviewed: 4 December 2018

Was really nice apart from the jaccuzi.

The jacuzzi when filled was full of scum & dirt from the jets so we could not use it my wife was very dissapointed with that.

The room was nice, loved liverpool.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

Great stay!

Liked everything

I liked the decor of the hotel The bed very comfy I liked the very spacious rooms and corridors. The price is reasonable too. Staff friendly and helpful. Very happy customer!

Nice decor and location.
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

Second time staying in the hotel, rooms are far too hot no ventilation and faulty a/c. Not sure the faulty a/c is a coincidence.

Nice decor and location.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2018

The décor is lovely and the rooms very spacious with a...
    • Triple Room - Disability Access

There was mascara on the pillow and foundation on the bathroom towel when we went in the room, the ornate bathroom mirror was fluffy with dust, I reported it at the front desk and someone was going to contact me, I'm still waiting.

The décor is lovely and the rooms very spacious with a lovely bathroom however the cleanliness was a little to be desired.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2018

I went and told the receptionist which she was really...
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

The first room we got giving i was not happy with the beds were not made telly was left on and it looked like we had walked into someone elses room.

I went and told the receptionist which she was really apologetic about it and gave us an upgraded room, but i was later told i should of recieved a free bottle of alcohol as thats procedure but we did not.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2018

Good Location
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

Very noisy, loud music going on until early morning. Thought the spa bath above was coming through ceiling. Very cold, no bath mat, no extractor fan in bathroom, no phone in room to phone reception, no room service. Poor lighting in room, High deposit to pay (not returned yet). Dare I go on.......

Good Location

• Reviewed: 29 November 2018

Warm comfortable rooms.
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

Would have liked a small fridge for drinks/food. Sockets were a little scarce.....unless we couldn't find them😲

Warm comfortable rooms. Roomy beds

• Reviewed: 28 November 2018

Lovely place , near lots of shops
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

£50 deposit per adult is ok with me because it is a nice place and stop people taking the piss but up to 15 days to put back on card is not right, got to hotel at 2:15 did say 3pm check in but waited till gone 4 so don’t try to get in early

Lovely place , near lots of shops

• Reviewed: 28 November 2018

Loved Liverpool would request not to be above the party room if stayed again
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

We had both nights where the room below was very noise 1st night went down and asked then to tone it down 2nd night was a hen party and the noise went on till early hours of the morning when we checked out we mentioned it to reception who took notes and said she couldn't understand why they had but a family in the room above a hen party and someone would be intouch that was nearly 4 weeks ago heard nothing

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

The room was comfortable and felt luxurious for a girly...
    • Superior Studio with Spa Bath (5 Adults)

The room had a few marks that could do with touching up, and the bathroom could have been cleaner unfortunately.

The room was comfortable and felt luxurious for a girly night away. Good value for money between 3 of us.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

Pay penny’s employee monkeys
    • Studio with Spa Bath

Breakfast Breakfast staff Hotels style Room was stunning

The hotel is buitful and great value as the room was stunning. The chap on reception on arrive was a joke and I can’t believe management would employee a chap with so little manors and interactive skills + on top because of his negative attitude it mad the trainee young girl adopt the same attitude! If there was a bit more training and cleaning the stairs and rooms up you could charge 3 times the price, Regards Daniel Hobbs

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

Overpriced
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

The price is way too high for this hotel. The staff were below par, except for one guy at reception who was helpful. We were told we could check-in and our bag would be in our room when we came back later (4 hours). But it still hadn't arrived. So a journey back down to reception was needed. The bag arrived about 15 minutes later. There was a damp smell down the corridor, and a smell of drains in the bathroom when the bath spa was turned on. The breakfast was hit and miss. Not all food available, toaster didn't work properly. The list goes on, to much to mention.

The only thing I can say is good about the Shankly Hotel is the photographs on the website. Hat's off to the photographer. They have certainly earned there money.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2018

Amazing hotel with a few problems.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Spa Bath

Room was lovely but the air-conditioning didn't work and neither did the music system (smashed). Our room wasn't cleaned until about 4:45pm. And we wasn't aware of the extra £50 deposit you have to make whilst there.

Clean, helpful staff and a lovely room to relax in. Perfect hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2018

It was acceptable for the price
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

Tiny bathroom, make up stains on bed, I requested two double beds but received four single, not so comfy when sleeping with your partner

Spacious bath, good water pressure, Bluetooth

• Reviewed: 24 November 2018

Lovely stay and wonderful comfort

Taking £200 payment before u even see your room and not used any facilities

Bed lovely and comfy. Plenty room. Excellent spa bath. Could not fault the place. They only gripe we had was paying £200 at check in and it can take up to 15 days to return to your card. Not acceptable. Why can they not just hold your card details and take money at checkout if necessary.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2018

Lovely hotel

Only negative is the kettle cord was not long enough to plug in to make a cuppa of tea in the morning

Service and cocktails were excellent, all staff friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 20 November 2018

very busy when we got there with people checking out, but...
    • Luxury Room (4 Adults) - Disability Access

There was nothing that we didn't like

very busy when we got there with people checking out, but they were very good at sorting out our cases straight away, cases all in our rooms before we checked in,very good

• Reviewed: 18 November 2018

Connection with LFC, hillsborough memorial candles and...
    • Triple Room - Disability Access

Smell from drain in room 313 made bathroom visit uncomfortable.

Connection with LFC, hillsborough memorial candles and different decor from other hotels.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2018

Waste of money and totally ruined early Christmas present
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Spa Bath

Requested early check in as was going to a show at 7pm and had a meeting at 12in liverpool check in is 3pm got told should be possible ring on day. Rang to be told ring back after 11.30am at which point I'm already in Liverpool as had a meeting rang back to be told no can do so had to sit for nearly 3hours waiting for my room! Gets said room around 3.30 and it's totally flooded! Back to reception to sort new room....gets new room 2 floors above old room walks in and stinks of sewage,freezing cold no toilet roll in bathroom like no one had used it for a while all aircon dripping! Apparently there had Been a leak from above rooms affecting all rooms...so why put us in not 1 but 2 affected? Back to reception for 3rd time by this point it's 4.30pm I was supposed to be meeting friends at 4pm...gets another new room which was better no leaks or smells but by this time it's past 5pm. I booked this trip as a earlier Christmas present for my boyfriend ended up missing our friends meet up couldn't get food or drinks before the show totally ruined our day/night! I have stayed 3 times before at shankly and was totally gutted by this experience plus fact it was meant to be a Christmas present was totally ruined !only good point was the house keeping staff a lady called Leanne and another lady blonde hair in a bob a bottle of red wine smashed in my car on my faux gilet and they washed it for me I was worried was ruined but I dryed it with hair dryer and was good as new! Thank you ladies a credit to shankly!

• Reviewed: 16 November 2018

Location was excellent
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

Room wasn't quite what we had expected Lighting was dark not good trying to put make up on, Room needed a bit of TLC Thought shower would of been separate from Jacuzzi bath, one of our party found it difficult as she had a hip op 6 weeks ago

Location was excellent Very friendly and helpful staff Breakfast was good Spacious room

• Reviewed: 16 November 2018

Amazing hotel

There was nothing we didn’t like, everything was fab

The whole experience, the room was lovely, beds comfy , all staff friendly, definitely recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 15 November 2018

The staff don’t communicate with one another. I received a phone call 5 hours after checkout asking me to pay £180 for dinner but we have already paid the bill with a different colleague. It just made for an uncomfortable conversation

Good location Lovely rooms Very spacious

• Reviewed: 13 November 2018

Most staff were friendly

Lighting very bad in room..rooms very dark. Window would not open in room Problem with air con in room Check in not till 3 o clock. Check out at 11. Need a table booked to watch the match in hotel even if your staying. Had to pay 50 pound deposite at check in and was told it will take up to 2 weeks to be put back into account

Most staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 13 November 2018

fantastic Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Spa Bath

to be able to open window in higher floor.

Good Location, Large room, reasonable price, It is very clean. Nice bar, We are going back there again shortly.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2018

Disappointing. Staff very friendly but hotel charging 5 star prices for 3 star quality.

Hotel in general is worn and tired: ensuite bathroom in particular need of attention. Had to suffer hen parties long into the night. Overall very disappointing and seriously overpriced.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2018

The poor service in the bar area including staff and...
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

The poor service in the bar area including staff and facilities. No food after 9.30pm, no one knew how to make a cappuccino!! The service was very poor.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2018

Friendliness of the staff.
    • Triple Room - Disability Access

Not enough lighting in the bedroom/ very dark. Also in the dining room. Would have liked more surfaces in the bathroom for toiletries.

Friendliness of the staff. Position of the hotel. Clean throughout.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2018

Large bedrooms and facilities available staff polite and...
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

Jacuzzi faulty unable to repair late in evening but use of nearby room for use of jacuzzi made available which was appreciated

Large bedrooms and facilities available staff polite and helpful would definitely return

• Reviewed: 7 November 2018

Rooms are fabulous !
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Spa Bath

Rooms are fabulous ! Decor is beautiful in every room. Beds are really comfy. Breakfast is really tasty. Nice cosy comfy atmosphere in the hotel. The staff could not be any more helpful. This is our 5th stay at the shankly this year. And we loved it so much this time we booked to stay an extra night

• Reviewed: 7 November 2018

Enjoyable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Spa Bath

Room value went cheaper each day after booking, questioned it but nothing could be done so very disappointed. Paying for parking also is frustrating!

Room was massive. Jacuzzi was an added bonus

• Reviewed: 6 November 2018

It is a lovely hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Spa Bath

We stayed in a room with a jacuzzi bath? The jacuzzi didn’t work we was a little bit gutted the last time we stayed we loved the jacuzzi. We went to put music on the Bluetooth speakers the speaker was all bashed in and didn’t work. Also our heating didn’t work. It was such a let down because we stayed last year and everything was amazing.

The hotel is amazing the staff are lovely

• Reviewed: 6 November 2018

The location & the very friendly man on the door
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

Well when we first arrived it took a hour to check in because I had lost my bank card and had no other way of payment because of it I offered to pay cash and we wore told no we would be homeless if we didn’t have a card, we then must have be given the smallest room in the hotel for 5 people there was no were to put any of Our clothes there was only 4 beds, we had no fridge in the room, we might have been staying in a room with other people on the corridor because the doors didn’t stop banging all day and night, we asked for clean towels when we wore leaving and we wore told there was none until 2 o clock but we had to be checked out by 12, the girls on the desk were so rude they kept looking us up and down every time we would ask for a taxi they wore so rude and I had an awful stay at the shankly hotel!

The location & the very friendly man on the door

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

Great location , but seems to be geared.more towards party scene. Disappointing considering hotels t
    • Triple Room - Disability Access

The bed linen was stained. When asked to have changed were to feel like we were doing something wrong. There was a strange smell from the bathroom the whole time of our stay. Seemed to mainly cater for parties, hen parties, birthdays and other big party nights. It was a triple room, towels only available for 2 people. When room was cleaned there was no toilet roll left and had to ring for it to be delivered to the room. Could hear a lot of noise from other rooms for parties.

Location is perfect for the city. Liked the football element as am a fan.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

We had an ok stay, this was purely because of our own efforts and nothing by the hotel itself.
    • Family Suite with Spa Bath

Apart from the lady on check out who couldn't of done enough, the staff are really unhelpful, everything we asked of them, it was like it was to much effort! We asked if we could get a bucket of ice with some glasses for champagne we had bought for her and was told we are to busy get it at the bar yourself. The manners and attitude were horrendous. The room was extremely dusty, the bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned it days! We ended up cleaning it ourselves. Not what you expect from a supposed prestige hotel at all.

The boutique style room was amaxing, we were travelling for a friend's 30th birthday and that is right up her street.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

This hotel had everything we required. Friendly staff, good food and comfortable accommodation.
    • Luxury Room (4 Adults) - Disability Access

The lack of power points to charge the numerous mobiles and ipads in our party.

The staff were always friendly and courteous. The breakfast was exceptional value for money . A wonderful high quality of choice was offered. The full English breakfast was the best I have eaten at a hotel for some time. The Shankly Hotel will be high on my list when arranging my next visit to Liverpool.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

First apartmrnt didnt have tv in bedroom had to doensize but...
    • Studio with Spa Bath

First apartmrnt didnt have tv in bedroom had to doensize but didnt get sny money back to room 104 room was too hot couldnt work heating and not enough tea sufar etc in room

• Reviewed: 3 November 2018

Rooms individually named/themed.
    • Luxury Room (4 Adults) - Disability Access

Noise level due to upgrading/maintenance work was irritating from early morning 5.30/6.00 am

Rooms individually named/themed...Fantastic..I stayed with my two children...Next time ill go with a partner...

Memorable -
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Spa Bath

Fantastic stay. Your staff made us feel special. They asked if it was a special occasion why we were staying and when informed it was my 21st birthday they sent Prosecco and a card to my room.

Absolutely fabulous

Because I'm old fashioned I would have liked a carpet in the room that is just my personal preference not wood flooring.

Everything about checking in to breakfast to comfort to location to all about our stay was amazing. Breakfast was quality ingredients giving an amazing taste. Beds were extra comfy and the champagne awaiting for us was an added bonus ....what more can I say staff were very professional and nothing too much trouble. Would highly recommend

Absolutly fantastic
    • Luxury Room (4 Adults) - Disability Access

Not impressed with having to pay an extra £50 upon arrival in case of breakages we are two adults not children, not happy with the time it takes to go back in to our account , was not told about fee upon booking .

Bed was really comfortable and we had two 👍🏻

Eric the concierge
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

The standards of cleanliness has dropped sockets hanging out if the wall light bulbs missing Generally not welcoming to any other party except stag and hens

Eric the concierge

• Reviewed: 2 November 2018

Location and hotel was lovely.
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

Very noisy outside at 4am with groups of people outside hotel.

Location and hotel was lovely. Great large rooms and comfortable beds. Ideal for a family of 4.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2018

Love hotel and have booked again ready for next year
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

I have stayed here before and the only complaint that I have is that the lighting is very poor in areas that you are able to put make up on. Especially when there is a group of friends. Poor lighting at dressing table area and near mirrors.

Location of hotel, style of hotel in general and good staff.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

Beautiful hotel
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

The only thing we was disappointed with was the Car park wasn’t Free £15 per day for residents

As soon as you walk into The Shankly We just knew we would have amazing experience!

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

Our stay was chilled but very tiring at the end if it
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Spa Bath

There was a couple if things that let the hotel down staff & hotel was lovely but because of location of hotel we never got much sleep because if the traffic as you heard every car bus lorry go past all night so Windows could do with some triple glazing maybe & the curtains should be black our because as soon as the light comes up the sun shone rite through the curtains which made room very light & the lighting in the bathroom & bedroom was terrible for us ladies doing our make up it was so dark....

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

The staff went over and beyond in being helpful especially...
    • Triple Room - Disability Access

We were in a room for 3 which also was used as a room for people with disabilities which we weren’t. Because of this we had a wet room that had no shower curtain. With three people in the room the floor was soaked after first shower and quite slippy.

The staff went over and beyond in being helpful especially Eric the consierge- the hotel is minutes from own and from station if you are a Liverpool FC fan it would be amazing but even if you’re not it’s a beautiful building.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

A beautiful hotel in the perfect location, easy to walk...
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

A beautiful hotel in the perfect location, easy to walk everywhere! Luxury rooms with beautiful decor, great facilities in the room such as hair dryer, iron, safe, kettle and a huge hot tub bath! The breakfast buffet was fantastic with soo many options. All the staff were really polite, really helpful and really welcoming! Will 100% re-book for another stay!! Thankyou Shankly Hotel you were an absolute Treat!!! Xxxxx

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

Was supposed to be a lovely stay huge Liverpool fan I surprised him for his 40th we left early as so

o heating in room wouldn’t work paid for jacuzzi room it keep spitting dirt into water breakfast was cold very disappointed

Staff were lovely room would been nice if heating worked

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

Went visiting uni student hotel ok
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

Jacuzzi bath had bits coming out the vents cupboard door hanging off hinge column in room very scuffed & scruffy window hinge Brocken

Comfy bed location

Excellent as always

Nothing bad to say

The Shankly is my ‘go to’ hotel whenever we stay over in Liverpool (which we do approx 4 times a year). Signature Living properties are all lovely including 30 James Street, but for location and quality - you can’t beat The Shankly.

• Family Suite with Spa Bath

The room was shabby and not clean. It was very dark. We didn’t like it even it was big. The staff was not friendly or helpful. We booked this hotel because everywhere was fully booked.

Central location.
    • Junior Suite with Spa Bath

Room was disappointing. Wardrobe door wouldn’t close, wobbly bedside tables with marks on, power socket loose. Basic bathroom supplies. Forgot my shower cap, didn’t worry as I was sure a luxury hotel would supply a basic bathroom item like this but no. So couldn’t have a shower as it was the type of shower where it was fixed and you could not move it to stop my hair getting wet. Draft from the windows so room wasn’t the warmest. Was expecting more for the price. Was expecting more ☹️

Central location.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2018

Not a family hotel at weekends
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

This is not a family hotel. We travelled with 3 kids aged 14 to 11. It's a fun hotel, and on a Friday night the corridors were full of gangs of drunk people partying. When we checked into our room it stank of weed. I politely asked for a different room and the nice staff changed my room to one nearby no quibbles, but they didn't seem surprised! Ten minutes later another group was in the room. To be fair, the soundproofing must be great because although the corridors were full of music pumping from the rooms, we weren't disturbed much inside our room. It's a fun hotel with nice staff, and we found all this quite amusing, but at weekends anyway it's not really what families are looking for

If I came to Liverpool to party with my friends, this hotel would be good. The rooms are huge with u to 6 beds in them, and the staff don't attempt to keep tabs on who's staying, so you can book a room and fill it with as many mates as you can share one bathroom with - and people do!

• Reviewed: 27 October 2018

The staff in the bar were very helpful and friendly.

The having to pay extra for the private car park was a little pricey. And the light in the kitchen area comes on every time you walk past to get to the bathroom which was a nightmare at 2pm in the morning when trying to be discreet but the whole room lights up 🙈

The staff in the bar were very helpful and friendly. The room was amazing value for money and the added bonus of the jucuzzi bath!

• Reviewed: 27 October 2018

Rooms were very nice
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

Music was playing in another room at 12:30am, I told reception who apparently did something but the music carried on playing until 2:30am but the people in the room carried on shouting and screaming after. The room next to us were allowed to move rooms at 2am, but we never got offered anything.

Rooms were very nice

• Reviewed: 26 October 2018

Overall the hotel is disappointing, except the staff, who were generally quite nice and helpful.
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

They could replace the jacuzzi with a larger basin and a walker in shower. The pantry in one of the rooms was not of much use.

In-room facilities are average. There are no slippers and not enough towels. There is not even a phone in the room. We had to call our kids in the other room with our mobile. The wardrobe has no handle nor lock.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2018

The bath and shower were amazing.
    • Family Suite with Spa Bath

Our room was not clean - the bin had not even been emptied from the previous occupants (there was a champagne bottle) and the floor had not been vacuumed there were the rose petals and birthday banners lurking around the base of the beds. The windows were filthy and you could read the messages that previous occupants had left in the condensation. The wardrobe handle and curtain pull backs were broken. There was not a convenient place to dry hair near a plug and the mirror was very poorly lit to put make up on. I did not appreciate having to pay a deposit £50 and it was £15 to leave the car in the car park for each 24 hour period which was not made clear on booking.

The bath and shower were amazing. The hotel was in a good location although noisy as there was a bus stop right outside the building (not that I am blaming the hotel for this- it is the middle of a city!) Staff were friendly and you definitely felt that you were in Liverpool and nowhere else!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2018

Great staff, great location and it doesn’t matter if you’re not a football fan.
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

Our room was getting a little tired and more fresh air would be good! As with any multi occupancy rooms, noise can be a problem but the hotel has a policy on noise - so if it’s a problem, tell them, and they’ll sort it.

The location and the brilliant, nothing’s-too-much-trouble staff - they are outstanding. The breakfast was excellent and great value. The car parking is convenient to say the least.

• Reviewed: 24 October 2018

Location brilliant, staff nice.
    • Triple Room - Disability Access

The lighting wasn't brilliant and a mirror was positioned at the side of a wardrobe & quite covered & dark.

Location brilliant, staff nice. Clean & reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

All in all we really enjoyed our stay
    • Family Suite with Spa Bath

The location of the hotel was great, it was close to all Liverpool’s attractions but set far enough away to not be too noisy. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and the hotel was well maintained. Breakfast was well worth paying for

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Location is excellent
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Spa Bath

It stunk of pot!! People were smoking it in the room next door but management did nothing about it. The fire alarm went off five times during our stay.

Location is excellent

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Great location, staff were very friendly
    • Luxury Double Room with Spa Bath (4 Adults)

The room wasnt as described when booking, i had asked for 2 king beds but one was just 2 single beds pushed together and made up seperately (which wasnt comfortable at night when you fall down the middle) The mirror in the bathroom was appaling, you couldn't see a thing in it so really not practical for getting ready in the morning. Also the lifts really smelled when we arrived - this however had disappeared by the next day. There was also a large stain on the ground in the hallway on the way to our room which was there the 2 days and didnt appear to be seen to so left a damp smell in the hall whenever you walked past. Side note the room advised there would be a "spa bath" this was a jaccuzi bath the same size as a normal bath in the bathroom.

I really liked the staff, they were all very friendly and answered all our questions throughout our stay. The reception area was lovely and clean and well presented. The location was great, right next to the shops and only 5 minute walk from the train station.

Staff were lovely food was fabulous location brilliant
    • Luxury Room (4 Adults) - Disability Access

Our top quilt had a make up stain on it no shower gel provided and when our room was cleaned dirty cups with coffee in them were left

Staff were lovely food was fabulous location brilliant

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Amazing, great staff, great room, lovely breakfast. Will definitely stay again.
    • Triple Room - Disability Access

The car park was a bit of a nightmare. Spaces too close together and too close to the traffic lights on exit.

The room was amazing, the bed was comfortable and the bath was huge. The decor was tasteful, my husband loved all the displays and photos around the hotel.

Showing 1 – 75