Reviews of The St David's Hotel 5 stars

Havannah Street, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff, CF10 5SD, United Kingdom

#13 of 48 hotels in Cardiff

• Superior King Room with Balcony

Was nothing like the photos sadly was told we would get private balcony was bit of mesh that you could see right threw on both sides and hear everything really disappointing we came from London to stay as well be carful with the photos when you are booking best to call up and double check also £20 to park over night is a bit much.

• Standard King Room

The bar prices were excessive - better off going to Mount Stuart 3 mins walk away. Also, when I booked no mention in booking confirmation that I would have to pay an additional amount of £50.00 per room or that when checking in they would take a pre authorisation on my card for the full cost of the rooms plus additional charge, blocking this amount from my card. Then on check out they reverse that initial payment and re-debit for the final bill. I now have to wait for 2 - 3 days for this transaction to be cleared on my account and funds to be available again. Also, the rooms & décor looked a tired and worn especially in the bathroom. In my opinion not a 5 star hotel.

The view.

• Standard King Room

Our stay was spoiled by the additional hidden costs. Nightly parking at £20, and £20 per person to use the Spa during the day was excessive. The restaurant served over priced for poor quality food and no daily special menu as advertised.

Nice hotel & location. attentive staff.

• Superior King Room with Balcony

The staff, (except one member who leant us a phone charger)who were unhelpful, unfriendly and elusive when issues cropped up. Chair in bedroom had drink stains not cleaned and the holder on another fell off when I moved the chair to use it. No help with taxi service offered. Reuben the night manager was next to useless and needs full training on how to deal with customers on any issue and stop hiding behind the phone, hoping we would walk away. No ID badges identifying staff. Breakfast was tepid at best. Greg, Guest Relations manager apologised on our departure, admitting this was not 5 Star standard, but despite how much we paid, he had no authority to make an adjustment to our bill. Far below expectations. Disappointing and will not be returning.

Lunch was good.

The breakfast bars are split across 2 rooms which meant everyone had to walk to/fro for (say) cereal plus fruit. I requested cafetierre coffee (as it is usually less bitter) but was told I would have to pay extra for this. On our last morning we wanted a quick after breakfast swim but were told we should have been in the pool (with the children) before 10am, otherwise we were to be charged £20 extra. In the end they waived the fee for our 15 minute swim but only after quite an argument, which considering the cost of our room was an extremely disappointing end to our stay.

Breakfast was fine with plenty of choice

• Standard King Room

Amazing hotel and staff, room with a view on 7th 715 floor.... fabulous ... looking out across bay ...wow breath-takingly beautifully beautiful....

Spa treatment was amazing.... So relaxing... all the girls wonderful... Pool with a view... its a shame outside was not glass... as you could see more of the view across the bay.... it would be then ...just Peeeerfectly PUUUURFECT ...

All good for us

What a lovely surprise, friends mentioned that this hotel had possibly lowered its standards but I can honestly say I’m so glad we decided to stay. Great hotel with very friendly staff who make you feel welcome. Car park had lots of spaces even though the hotel was full, also good bar with again very friendly staff and good service. Used the Spa in the morning and found it to more than adequate for our needs, will definitely recommend it and will come back. Normally stay at the Hilton or Marriott when in Cardiff due to the Bay being a little out of the way from Centre but loads of Uber’s available even with the Stones being in town.

• Standard King Room

Would of slept a lot better if there wasn’t a fan going through the whole night just above our balcony. Was not told about the paying to park until leaving. Even though I paid when arrived.

Lovely stay, gorgeous room and view. Bar staff was amazing, went out of the way to help.

• Standard King Room

Service in the bar , went to the bar to order , told it was table service , waited over 10 mins for service

Hotel was beautiful , room was very comfortable , had to pay extra for parking , limited parking spaces available. Very slow service in the bar area , dress code nice , but some staff were very scruffy

• Superior King Room with Balcony

I appreciate that the Volvo Ocean Round the World Race was in Cardiff, that's why we were there, but it was very expensive. Having spent a lifetime travelling around the world I have to say that this just isn't a 5 Star hotel. They also managed to charge me twice, and I have been told that it's up to me to sort it out, we are still in discussion. Once again not something to that you would expect from a top of the line hotel. In all very disappointing.

Most things were good but not 5 star.

• Superior King Room with Balcony

No fridge in room. Hallways were boiling.

Great views. Air con worked which was good seeing it was 26 degrees outside. The staff were polite and friendly. Just have to request to have a fridge in the room which I’ve never known of before. I thought a fridge was a standard thing in a room but we didn’t have one so that sucked. Overall it was a Very nice stay and great location, plenty of places to go and see.

• Standard King Room

Heavy doors leading to the Swimming Pool. They were VERY heavy and a bit of a struggle - but I am tiny.

Really nice room with a view of Cardiff Bay. Swimming Pool was excellent. Very nice breakfast, hot food was fresh and of good quality. Very friendly and hopitable staff. The evening Dinner in the Dylan Thomas Suite was well presented - and the leek and potaro soup with the Welsh rarebit was lovely!

• Standard King Room

For all it's appeal and location, there are a few niggling issues with the St Davids. Supposedly a Five Star hotel, it's starting to feel a little dated in some areas. The room in particular with it's shower over the bath rather than separate, and shower screen that didn't entirely prevent the floor from becoming wet, which they told the story of why the grouting around the corner of it was starting to show tell tale signs of black mould forming. Not much, but more than you might expect from such an expensive hotel. Then there was the now quite dated TV, which seemed only to want to play classical music. For Breakfast the set up feels a little like an after thought. You may expect to see a Wine selection as the restaurant is used for different meals, but to be choosing your cereal while looking at the Gin selection is a slightly odd experience. And then there's the lack of eggs for breakfast. There was an empty hotplate where once there had been scrambled eggs but alas they were at this point missing. Some more were coming apparently, but I'd hope that actually there would be preemptive Scrambled Eggs delivered rater than waiting for them to disappear completely.

The location of the St Davids Hotel is unrivalled in Cardiff. The views from the balcony of our upgraded room, out across the water to the Sennedd, Wales Millennium Centre and Pier Head Building were superb. Just a short stroll around the bay past the excellent Techniquest (if you have inquisitive young kids), takes you to Mermaid Quay where you'll find plenty of places to eat and drink, along with the aforementioned Millennium Centre. It's a short Bus, Water Taxi or normal taxi ride in to Cardiff City Centre, or a 20-25 min walk, where you'll find all the retail therapy you could need. The Swimming Pool at the St Davids received a rave review from my Wife, and the Bar food in the Admiral bar was fantastic. The Steak burger took some effort to finish!

• Standard King Room

Very slow service due to too few staff in bar/restaurant, very expensive (5star London prices) and mediocre Comfort Inn style breakfast. As regular travelers this did not seem 5 star but good 4 star.

Nice decor, friendly staff and good food.

Liked/loved everything!

A very stylish hotel with amazing views over the bay. Highly recommend the restaurant/food and spa. Staff were particularly friendly and helpful. Spacious room with balcony and wonderful views. Great shower and complimentary White Company toiletries. Nothing too much trouble for staff. An outstanding place to stay in Cardiff.

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

New bar layout not as atmospheric as previous. Requested a higher floor, we were put on the third, work going on on the landing unit 6 pm.?

Great location, superb views

• Superior King Room with Balcony

Parking was a little pricey £20 a night but I think that is standard in the area

I booked this hotel for my boyfriends birthday and when we got there the staff upgraded our room which was lovely. The room was huge and we had a stunning view. Very clean and staff were extremely friendly, would definitely recommend

• Superior King Room with Balcony

Paying £20 per night to park car in hotel car park!

We were given a free upgraded room. Great to be near local restaurants . Great views from hotel. Spa is good. Fun catching aqua bus into Cardiff City.

• Standard King Room

I booked the St David's hotel as a treat for myself between two intense conferences. I knew that I'd be able to use the spa twice and get a good night's sleep during my brief stay and so I thought the £137 price was reasonable. However, the bathroom light had a timer which didn't work properly and so bright light flooded my bedroom (through the translucent bathroom door). Not only did the problem disturb my sleep considerably (which impacted my ability to concentrate during the second conference) but I had to face the embarrassment of having to speak to the (male) concierge late at night in my pyjamas. A room change would have solved the issue but as I had already changed for the night and my suits were hung in the wardrobe I didn't want to trek across the hotel with my belongings at 1130 pm in my nightclothes.

• Superior King Room with Balcony

The spa was basic , was looking forward to the flotation pool which had been closed but was on the website. We only booked the hotel for the spa break so was disappointed.

The view from the balcony made our stay special beautiful view.

• Standard King Room

My only complaint seems trivial but the toilet roll was shocking. I know it was probably recycled but we use recycled at home and it is so much better.

The staff were amazing, we were allowed to check in early which was a godsend. The bar and drinks service was first class. The room and view were amazing and the breakfast was top notch. I will definitely be back

• Standard King Room

Hmmmm - if I were to be extremely picky, I would say that at breakfast the filter coffee was included in the breakfast rate, however a cappuccino or hot chocolate was an extra which I felt was a little cheeky.

Staff were all extremely friendly. The breakfast and dinner very tasty and the beds were super comfy. Loved the spa. Had a back massage & facial and they were brilliant. The kids had great fun in the pool.

Needed a fridge.

The restaurant is Michelin rated and the 3 course meal exceeded my expectations. It was delicious so I had the same meal the following day. The breakfast was of a wide range and the interior decoration of the lounge and restaurant is stunning. The staff and services are brilliant. Highly recommend this hotel. The spa and swimming facilities were better than the Dubai hotels I have stayed in! Highly recommend this and it's location is superb along the stunning bay so picturesque. Fantastic views from the balcony. There is plenty of activities around this hotel and you will not be disappointed! !!!

• Superior King Room with Balcony

There were a few things that were missed for me. We were told that they had upgraded since it was our mini honeymoon however it was exactly the room we paid for. I don’t expect a hotel like this to be cheap but I was expecting more for what I paid. I understand you pay for the view, but for how much we paid (£250 a night) I needed more! It was hot and stuffy inside the room, the house keeping had to be called up twice to clean the room, the bathroom was standard... it just wasn’t impressive. I’ve stayed in expensive hotels all over the world and this falls short by much sadly.

The staff was fabulous

• Standard King Room

Evening meal disappointing ,portion size small, and an hour wait after ordering to be served

Staff very helpful and pleasant, very good breakfast with a wide choice of food !

• Standard King Room

Bath robes shabby & well worn not fluffy like I would have expected. Buffet style breakfast was warm at best with the usual rubbery bacon, canned button mushrooms & warm scrambled egg. No smoked salmon or kedgeree & the only food cooked to order on offer was fried eggs & omelettes, would have expected breakfast to be cooked fresh to order for the amount I paid for a night.

Good location & lovely view from balcony, beds were comfy but dirty marks on carpet. Spa facilities good & had a lovely view of Bay from the gym which had a good amount of equipment available for guests.

• Standard King Room

Minor comment is that I like fresh air in my room at night and patio doors were spring loaded and couldn't be kept open

Fantastic views. Great to have a little nature reserve right nearby. Excellent breakfast

• Standard King Room

Our sleep was disturbed by a noisy fan which apparently according to the manager was making no noise. Don't choose a room on the first floor! The managers attitude was appalling. The breakfast could have been warmer and the sausages were not cooked.

The location and the views from our room

No balcony seats

Lovely Reception staff and brilliant views. Great stay and a lovely outside bar space. Thanks for making our post-wedding stay special!

• Superior King Room with Balcony

the breakfast was more travel lodge than 5*, would have expected smoked salmon included, and we weren't aware they we could order poached eggs until we finished our breakfast. The coffee machine didn't work properly. And we were hoping to relax in the spa but were unable to go in at all due to the restricted hours of access. This was very disappointing as it was my boyfriends 40th birthday and we were looking forward to use these facilities.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The bed was super comfy. The staff and views were fabulous.

Charge for parking

The staff were all friendly and helpful. As it was my partners birthday, our room was upgraded and we were left a small gift from the management. Thank you!

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Delay of over 10mins before bar tenders took bar order/served. That was after being told to take a seat & also telling them I was a guest. That was on my arrival to hotel, then happened again in the evening.

Location, room, views, also view sitting outside bar. Everything you needed in room, iron/board.

• Standard King Room

Limited access to pool. Not advised before arrival at hotel. Bread for toast not fully defrosted!! Should be fresh. No fridge in room. No lounge area to relax away from noise/ live music in bar. Called reception/concierge at 5 am as mother had a fall and needed assistance. No answer.

Staff cheery.

• Standard King Room

No hotel information folder in the room.

The weather was excellent so we really appreciated the terraces to sit out and have a drink and it breakfast. The restaurant staff were very well informed about the food and were most helpful particularly the Venezuelan young man and Owen the waiter. Beds were extremely comfortable.

• Superior King Room with Balcony

The breakfast for the price of £18.50 it was horrendous sausages were under cooked bacon was over cooked and my poached egg and fried egg were solids inside

Amazing views, great clean room with everything you need for a hotel really

• Standard King Room

Nothing - I loved everything!

Great location, fabulous views from the room across the bay. Close to restaurants, cafes and bars. We took a boat into the city - easy peasy. The spa & swimming pool area is excellent. We ate at the hotel restaurant for dinner and breakfast - outstanding!

• Standard King Room

There is a small carpark for the hotel, overnight stay is £20 and it is the same in the public car park. Thought this should have been stated when booking.

We were warmly welcomed and received an upgraded room which overlooked the beautiful bay. There is a small balcony outside the picture window which was lovely to stand on (no chairs). Bed very comfortable and lovely bathroom. The building is super and has a commanding spot. You can eat breakfast outside which was nice. We did not use the spa but checked it out and will definitely pack my swim suit next time, however, it is not free for guests all day so check the hours you wish to use it as there is a nominal charge at certain times. Breakfast very good and cheeper if booked the day before rather than on the day.

• Superior King Room with Balcony

parking facilities , apart from charge £20 24h, if there is no space on hotel car park you have to find public one Lift is making noises like it is just about to brake , not pleasant !

Location, architecture of lobby

• Standard King Room

The room was very dated, and furnishings could do with a updating in the rooms as the lounge had all scratches over them. No seating on the balcony. Which would of been nice stop sit and have a coffee on the balcony, as the weather was beautiful. Also our bed had a large dip in the middle? Think two mattresses were put together.

Staff were super friendly! Quick service in restaurant. Out evening meal was 10/10 and also a lot of choice at breakfast!

Nothing.... I liked everything

It was more than I expected.. Its clean and tidy. The staff were really helpful and I've even just booked for another night with discount. I've upgraded to the best suite here and would definitely come back

• Standard King Room

Slight issue with balcony door, issue with pay and display machine for parking

Location, comfort, staff, cleanliness, design, experience and breakfast all incredible

• Superior King Room with Balcony

Some of the decor a bit tired. And hash browns at breakfast very soggy.

One of the staff at Breakfast was amazing - she is tall with long blonde hair. I watched her anticipate patrons' needs and surreptitiously attend to them before they even realised they had them.

• Standard King Room

The views from the St David, including most of the rooms, are great and it's only a short walk to Cardiff Bay with all its restaurants and bars. It's a great place to stay: top location, good decor, comfy bed and quiet rooms!

• Standard King Room

There were 3 drunk men in the bar and the staff sat us next to them for our meal which did put us on edge a little. The pillows were uncomfortable and I thought the cost of parking should be included in the room rate.

The hotel was welcoming and spacious. The food in the restaurant was delicious.

• Standard King Room

I didnt like how the private balconies wasn't so private with just a mesh material between them. Wouldn't have been at all private it the two guests either side were in their balcony to because the mesh is see through. Also the scrammmled eggs at breakfast were very wet and runny.

Lovely location and modern hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean. Very good variety at breakfast.

• Standard King Room

Yet again the hotel and staff never failed to amaze me and my partner!! The breakfast was fantastic with exceptional views of the bay! The room was lovely and very clean. can’t wait for the next stay!!

• Standard King Room

I was disappointed to be told that residents can only use the Spa facilities between 7-10am after this time it’s a £20 charge per person. For a 5 star hotel I was expecting the room to be amazing but it was pretty standard (other than the view)

The room was spacious enough with a beautiful view. The breakfast was lovely!

• Superior King Room with Balcony

Evening meal was excellent, as was the breakfast. The room and bed very comfortable. All the staff were helpful and polite. Location perfect for use of mobility scooter at the hotel, surroundings and Cardiff Bay.

• Superior King Room with Balcony

Price, parking, not 5 star by any means.

OK i am not going to write a bad review but a honest one, stayed here for a two night break for my birthday, i booked a superior room in advance for £357 for two nights, once i booked i read many bad reviews about the dated rooms and that only some rooms was refurbished, to me £357 is a lot of money for two nights and after reading the reviews i panicked and called the hotel and over the phone they upgraded me to a delux/principle room on floor 4 which is the refurbished rooms, Jordan on the phone was fantastic and upgraded me with no effort, on arrival at check in there was no issue and the upgraded room was what we got, when we arrived to the room i was a little shocked how basic it was for a deluxe principle room but nice decor, I started to wonder what on earth my original superior room would of been like as even the newer rooms was not that special, all i can say is this hotel is defiantly not 5 star for many reasons, 5 stars i expect a mini bar in room, i expect a fridge, none in room, no hairdryer, balcony is nice but no seating on balcony, and unbelievably room service knocked the door and asked if we needed fresh towels etc and then left, i would expect a 5 star hotel to have fully room service to clean room and make beds etc but this did not really bother me. This hotel is nice and staff are lovely, all i am saying is i have stayed in much better 5 star hotels, i did not complain about anything on check out as we was given a upgrade at no extra charge, however if i had not had the upgraded room i would of felt completely ripped off, i could of had the suite down the road in the future inn for much cheaper but chose st davids hotel, location is fantastic for cardiff bay, breakfast was good but waiting to use a toaster was a joke, a toaster in a 5 star?

• Standard King Room

Spa is closed to residents between 10 and 5. Beds lumpy, breakfast average, not 5 star status.you have to pay £20 for hotel car park!!!

Good location, service very good.

• Standard King Room

Wasn’t good value for money, definitely not 5 star rating, rooms were dated, dirty robes in the room, toilet didn’t work room was fairly unclean.

• Standard King Room

You have to pay £20 a night to park your car at the hotel. Hotel guests are NOT allowed to use the spa facilities between 1000-1700, only public. Did not think spa was 5 star quality. Overall I would not recommend this hotel. I won’t be staying again when I return to Cardiff. It does not feel like a 5 star hotel. I’ve stayed in many 5 star hotels and this one greatly disappointed. Shame!

Bed was comfy. Dinner food was fabulous. Most staff were friendly.

• Standard King Room

Seemed to have a locked door into next room which wasn't at all soundproof so tv etc was a little disturbing

Huge comfy bed with wonderful views across the bay. No need to close the curtains so went to bed to the sight of the lights and woke up to sea, boats and sunshine. Amazing selection of food for breakfast.

• Standard King Room

Although I turned the fan/air conditioning off, there was still a noise which disturbed my sleep. I also expected 2 double beds not 2 singles. I was unaware you could only use the pool for free during certain hours

I like the pool

• Superior King Room with Balcony

A friendly welcome on arrival. We were given a complementary room upgrade and when they heard it was our anniversary, a bottle of wine and a card was delivered to our room. We are in the hotel restaurant and the food and atmosphere was fantastic.

• Superior King Room with Balcony

It was myvoartners birthday and I asked for something special in the room, we arrived and there was a balloon, wine and a card! I was very happy with the hole stay x

• Standard King Room

Service a little slow in the restaurant.

Lovely view over the bay, friendly staff, clean and well kept. Nice surprise room upgrade. Great food and excellent choice of drinks in the bar. Room facilities good.

• Standard King Room

I had sweet chillie dipping sauce with a very extravagant burger at lunch but the sauce had no sweet and was more like runny Tabasco sauce, someone needs to learn to cook

Very nice clean hotel that is maintaining a high standard of service

• Standard King Room

Disappointed we were restricted to certain times using spa facilities. As parents of 2 young children we had booked to stay away for the night for a well earned break. We wanted to use pool facilities for heading out into town however we were told we could only go at 5pm. We checked in at 3pm to give us amble time to chill out by pool before going out but it was not possible to use at 5pm as we were going out at 6pm. I’m am SO disappointed about this as this was part of the reason for booking to the hotel

Restaurant was lovely, bedroom was great

• Deluxe King Room with Balcony

Parking - very limited free parking onsite. Entrance was blocked saying full even though we could see spaces while walking past. Expensive parking nearby, traffic/parking warden was onsite ticketing cars at 9am!

We received a Free upgrade to a master suite on arrival! Although, as we were only staying one night, it was difficult to make the most of it ! Maintenance men were replacing the carpet in the hallways on our floor, they didn’t cause us any issues and were incredibly polite and apologetic! Weather was pretty dull during our stay but the views of the bay were still lovely. Wish we had more time to enjoy the area and our upgrade!

• Superior King Room with Balcony

Surprised at £20 a night for parking in their car park. Booked a junior suite but not as spacious as I expected, particularly as I had already booked a junior suite.

Lovely breakfast choices, including decent vegetarian sausages to order. Very friendly staff. Room service excellent. Quiet area. Lovely views from balcony. Complimentary upgrade. Had a good visit to the castle. Unexpected waterway bus was a nice change to usual bus. Buses stop really close to hotel so no need to take car into town.

• Superior King Room with Balcony

This hotel has deteriorated consistently over the last 6 years. We got engaged here and it was lovely.Now its a shabby, marked, stained rooms make it a shadow of its former self.

The breakfasts and the view were lovely, as alwaysThis hotel

• Standard King Room

More staff in restaurant at breakfast. Told of refurbishment happening before finding out on check in. Prices of drinks in bar were to high, didn't encourage us to use the bar. Two single vodkas and diet coke £14.00. Wouldn't be able to spend the night there.

The reception staff were very friendly on arrival. Had to wait past the check in time for room so was given a drink voucher for the two of us who were staying. There is refurbishment going on which included painting. Being an asthmatic this did effect my chest which meant I had to increase my medication while in hotel. The room was comfortable , warm and clean on arrival. Good choice at breakfast, had to wait for refresh of pot of tea as not enough staff serving. Quality of food high.

• Superior King Room with Balcony

We felt the standard and quality of the room was not what we expected from a 5* hotel. The breakfast looked lovely but opted out as at £18.95 each per day we felt it was too much.

Great location with comfy beds and great spa. Really friendly and helpful staff

• Superior King Room with Balcony

(It was late so we accept the bar had closed but...) We wanted irish coffees / a few drinks for the room but room service coudln't offer us anything. Not a big issue... Just a bit surprised there's no late night option. With views like that it's hard to go to bed!

The bed was large, luxurious and comfortable... The hotel architecture and decor was excellent... The room was stylish and the view was to die for.

• Standard King Room

Broken one socket, Dark old fashioned bathroom. Provided shampoos with parabens. There was no doorstoppper provided to leave balcony doors open - why to use A/C when sea is so close.

• Superior King Room with Balcony

Everything was amazing, the view across the bay, went to sleep with the curtains open, looked beautiful in the night but waking up to the view was brilliant

• Standard King Room

The fact that we then had to ask for the upgrade to be complimentary, which was grudgingly given after interrogation!

The complimentary upgrade on arrival

• Superior King Room with Balcony

Uncomfortable bed and constant hammering on the glass roof due to leaking guttering... unable to sleep due to the noise! I asked to talk to a manager in the morning but he/she was too busy! I was promised a call/email from the manager later that day, but this hasn’t happened even with two calls to the hotel to chase up! Disappointing!

Location is fantastic!

• Standard King Room

No atmosphere, car parking £20.00, far too much, upgraded to delux, but more like basic. Filler in the wardrobe door which needed finishing , tea stain on carpet, bathroom small.

Quiet in room.

• Superior King Room with Balcony

Nothing not to like, maybe do with a coat of paint outside to brighten up.

Quiet location out of the city hussle/bustle. Views out of the rooms are excellent. Totally relaxing environment and the staff are so helpful. Breakfast was great too!!

• Standard King Room

My bedroom was looking pretty tired and the air con controls were very dated and not that effective. This was probably more noticeable as I stayed over a very warm April weekend. The taxi firm the hotel uses was not the best, one of the drivers we got hadn’t heard of places so obviously didn’t know where they were, not very reassuring when you are a tourist.

Location was excellent, staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. The DJ in the bar on Friday night was also very good.

• Superior King Room with Balcony

It was the warmest day of the year so far and my air-conditioning was broken so the room was very hot, having phoned reception about 10pm they brought me a fan which just about made the room bearable.

I had a newly refurbished room which was very nice with a beautiful view over Cardiff Bay. The hotel restaurant has also been redesigned and is very nice now with an excellent breakfast. Reception staff were very helpful.

The only thing that let it down was the car parking because it was full we had to wait for someone to leave so we could go in, wasted a bit of time waiting for a space

I originally booked the junior suite but when we arrived we were upgraded to the master suite (which I was very happy about) a very nice suite the nicest hotel room I’ve stayed in

• Standard King Room

They need an exterior window cleaning system to maximise the acreage of glass and views

Breakfast was efficient, friendly with an extensive range and good quality on offer.

Browse The St David's Hotel traveller photo gallery