Reviews of The Stafford London 5 stars

St James's Place, Westminster Borough, London, SW1A 1NJ, United Kingdom

#73 of 1,031 hotels in London

9.7

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

They block the fees then they charged another amount and the...
    • Classic Queen Room

They block the fees then they charged another amount and the blocked money was unavailable to me for 10days and this is unacceptable specially i ask them to charge the same blocked amount,,i was not convenient to me bc i had another trip to franc ,,

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Great location, nice bar, comfortable room
    • Classic Queen Room

Bathroom was a bit tight, shower not easy to work

Great location, nice bar, comfortable room Concierge was excellent, arranged car to airport, good restaurant choices

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

A four day stay with friends as our guests Hugely enjoyable mainly due to outstanding staff
    • Classic Queen Room

Bedroom modest in size Bathroom WHB could not retain water Cantilever bathroom mirror loose Broken bath water diverter This was fixed but indicated some shortcomings in maintenance

Staff faultless Beds wonderfully comfy Breakfast perfection Location could not be better

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Enjoyable
    • Classic Queen Room

Room was smaller than expected. Only room for 1 bedside table the other side was a dressing table full with tea and coffee facilities, lamp and telephone. Television was at the side of the bed. Toilet blocked.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Elegant and understated luxury in the heart of London
    • Executive King Room

Only on leaving did we note a discretionary service charge on our bill. This was not explained to us on check in and as far as I recall not mentioned on the confirmation (I could be mistaken here) as a result I have no idea what this charge was for especially as all bills had a space for gratuities and all staff happily received "tips" (as I would do!!). So perhaps some explanation of this charge would be helpful

The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. The Martinis in the American bar are excellent! It is hard to beat the location. If you want luxury this is as good as you get without being stuffy and over formal. You do of course have to pay for it.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Perfect Gem
    • Classic Queen Room

A bit expensive food and especially the drinks

Staff very helpful and pleasant, location was perfect bedroom and bathroom small but everything you needed was there. Best hotel I have ever stayed in

Another supremely comfortable and productive stay at the Stafford.
    • Classic Queen Room

I had to clear space on the desk for my computer, by moving the coffee machine, but this is a minor problem. I think the selection of wines by the glass could be improved.

The staff do make it like home from home and the beds are supremely comfortable. A business dinner in The Game Bird was also first class and traditional.

Stay for a piece of the real London
    • Classic Queen Room

Only marks dropped was the stains on the carpet ( suspect someone let water spill out of the shower ) and dodgy aircon Everything else was great. A real English gem of a hotel that has kept everything that was unique from the get-go

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Overall a fabulous place to stay

The plumbing in my room (105) needs some attention, bath filled up during my shower. Bath taps took so long to fill the bath for my son that I gave up.

Beautiful, comfortable and quiet room.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Never again in this hotel
    • One Bedroom Suite

I’m there client since 7 years, very disappointed room as I pay one bedroom suite and the gave me very tiny one bedroom suite which I can’t move in. All new staff which they don’t know how to deal with the loyal customer, after all they change the room BUT they charge me extra 150£ per day for the same category of room which I booked ( they said booking. Com choose this kind of room for us) the old staff they ware amazing and they know how to deal with old and loyal customers.( we couldn’t see any of them)

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The terrace they have outside the restaurant.
    • Classic Queen Room

The fact that our room was next to a service room and we had a lot of noise all the time of doors openning and closing and also of water running the whole time.

The terrace they have outside the restaurant.

Perfect stay away from home
    • Classic King Room

I'm not a coffee drinker so would have liked the option of tea in the room (coffee lovers probably be delighted with Nespresso in the rooms)

Extra comfy beds, beautiful room. Wonderful breakfasts. Great staff throughout - professional yet friendly, made us feel very welcome. Excellent location - we had a super break taking in theatre & plenty of London sights

• Classic Queen Room

The room is too small! Hardly any space. It’s a no go for me. If I knew I would not have booked it. It’s the holidays, ppl carry luggages. It needs space

Great location right in the hart of the city, in a quite...
    • Executive Junior Suite

the room was not as big as expected (even it was a studio). room service was not that attentive (we have asked to keep a bottle of Moet cool for 5PM, but we found it not chilled). The bartenders from American bar didn't want to serve a drink on the terrace after 10PM (even i was a guest), so i had to take it from the minibar and have the drink on the terrace. Little things that bother

Great location right in the hart of the city, in a quite area, close to the shopping streets. The bed was amazing. Breakfast was great.

Quintessential English hotel
    • Classic Queen Room

Our room was smaller even by European standards. Could just about walk around the bed. A higher category room may be larger but not sure

Quintessential English hotel Staff exceptional, common areas gorgeous, location near many major sites

Duty Manager Ned Holder was so kind and gave us his time.
    • Classic Queen Room

Duty Manager Ned Holder was so kind and gave us his time. What a lovely young man. In fact all the staff were so friendly and welcoming. Lovely relaxed feel to this lovely hotel. Thank you so much.

How to upset your wife on her 50th birthday!!!

We were ' upgraded' to Room 6, one of the mews suites, which was a grave error on my part - in hindsight I should have stuck with the room I booked. The noise from the seating area outside was unbearable and was supposed to curtail at 9pm - there was still loud noise etc at 1am. My wife found the whole scenario too much and left the hotel and went home in a taxi costing £180. This was my treat for her 50th birthday!!! My wife still won't speak to me. We were booked into The Ritz for dinner but never made it as my wife was so upset. I believe we should have had our £950+ room charge refunded as this was without a shadow of doubt the worst hotel experience of my life. I have Parkinsons Disease and need good sleep which I did not get being awake to the early hours. Terrible experience.

Two night stay
    • Classic Queen Room

On this occasion I was put into a room in the back yard, as a widow and woman travelling alone, I keep returning to the Stafford as it feels safe and friendly to me. The courtyard rooms are totally different, the noise well after midnight from drinkers sitting outside was terrible and the close proximity to my room , made me feel very vulnerable and anxious I asked to be moved for my second night into the main building which was much better, but this room was very small with no fridge or minibar. The temperatures outside were in the high twenties and I had no means of having a cold drink in my room Considering that I have paid the highest room rate on this occasion, over £500 per night and the fact that I am a regular guest, I felt very let down on this visit .

As always the location , staff and facilities were faultless

Excellent stay
    • Classic King Room

No tea making facilities in the room

Staff very friendly, knowledgeable about surroundings, beautiful room, great location. We received an upgrade due to a special event which was a wonderful surprise !

I'll be back

she shower cabinet is far too small

The staff was very efficient and Carin. Breakfast was excellent. location was superb. Beds were comfy. slept well

Location was excellent and quiet for central London.
    • Classic Queen Room

Tired rooms. Plumbing needs attention, temperatures were highly variable whilst showering. Staff were not uniformly helpful or familiar with the hotel or London.

Location was excellent and quiet for central London. The doorman and Ray were exceptionally helpful and an asset to the hotel.

A lovely, comfortable, discreet hotel.
    • Classic Queen Room

This, my second stay, I chose to be in the old building. My room was smaller, which I didn’t mind, at all, and the bathroom was old fashioned, but in beautiful condition and sensibly functional. However, every morning I was awoken every fifteen minutes or so, starting at 7:30am, by the heavy room doors with shotgun-sounding latches opening and closing, incessantly, while the maids went from room to room. It’s a real problem, if you’re jet lagged or relaxing with breakfast in bed. I will make my witty known, when I return, next year.

The service is excellent. The breakfasts are generous. The bed “like a cloud.”

Beautiful bars and goof breakfast but it is quite expensive...

Small sized bathrooms.

Beautiful bars and goof breakfast but it is quite expensive for what you get. Great location of hotel with very helpful and knowledgable staff.

Perfect location close to the park.
    • Classic Queen Room

Slightly outdated rooms. Most breakfast options a la carte, unsuitable if you have only 15 min for breakfast.

Perfect location close to the park. Good shower facilities. Good breakfast selection.

Absolute perfection
    • Classic Queen Room

The staff. It's all about the staff. And what staff!!!! There really wasn't a single thing that they wouldn't do for us - from the moment we stepped out of the taxi arriving, to the moment we - sadly - embarked upon our journey home. Quiet, attentive - somehow always in the right place, at the right time - these folks are a beacon as to how a hotel should be run. My only minor gripe is that the website gave no indication of the American Bar being closed for refurbishment, but that really is a minor quibble. This really was the best two nights I have spent in a hotel in my entire life.

I love everything about The Stanford - the friendly staff,...
    • Classic Queen Room

I love everything about The Stanford - the friendly staff, the location, the beautiful decor! It has expanded tremendously since I was there last but has maintainited it's delightful Englidh charm!

Style with convenience
    • Classic Queen Room

We were very disappointied that we were not advised that the Americans Bar was closed for refurbishment. For breakfast I ordered haddock with poached eggs - the fish was superb but the eggs were cold. Otherwise first class.

The staff were excellent, helpful and professional. The building exuded style and quality.

Concierge service was very useful for booking a sightseeing...
    • Classic Queen Room

Concierge service was very useful for booking a sightseeing tour for us prior arrival as well as helpfully assist us during our staying on several occasions. Early breakfast was served for us in time and in according to our expectations. Game bird restourant was perfect. Rooms and cleaning service were fine.

Could have been near perfect if not for breakfast experience
    • Classic Queen Room

The breakfast was a real disappointment for me due to a series of events. But the follow up actions and compensation made by the hotel again goes to show the high level of service provided during our stay. No welcome drink and priority late check out for genius member as published on booking.com website, although late check out was eventually given to us upon request after checking in.

If not for the negative experience during breakfast, this could have been one of the best hotel stay experience. The service was top-notched and the room was clean and elegant. Good selection of movies although more subtitles would be appreciated as we do not want to turn up the volume of TV too high at night.

We hope to return soon. .

No complaints at all.

A charming hotel in one of the most delightful historic areas in London. A stroll to Buckingham Palace, next door to some of London’s most famous and individual shops - buy a hat at Lock’s, a pair of handmade shoes at Lobb’s, some wine at Berry Bros. & Rudd to get into the special mood of St. James’s. The last duel in London was fought just yards just away in a tiny courtyard. The Stafford is old fashioned in the best possible way - no shiny chrome just first class traditional English service and comfort. The bar was very lively and fun for a drink before dinner.

Lovely, will be staying again at some point even though we live in London.
    • Classic King Room

Getting a reservation in the restaurant.

It never lets us down however often we stay there. Standards are high and the hotel is welcoming and beautifully appointed.

Comfortable and welcoming
    • Classic Queen Room

The hotel is warm and cosy and has a lovely atmosphere. Located in wonderful area with easy access to central landmarks. Very accommodating staff. Will stay here again on next trip to London.

Great place to stay in a great location!
    • Classic Queen Room

I stay there every month, would be nice for staff to make more of an effort to welcome a loyal guest back - basically the CRM system/process needs an upgrade so staff are aware/prepared

Great style and nice rooms, great value for money for this location

Tranquil and relaxing.

NOTHING

The staff were extremely friendly. The service exceeded all expectations. Food impeccable. Brett was particularly helpful on arrival and departure. Luca the restaurant manager made our dinner evening surprise possible, and a delight to work with. Ned, who sadly I did not meet provided ALL answers to my questions. A wonderful stay, we will return.

Such a comfortable bed and friendly efficient staff.
    • Classic Queen Room

Don’t change anything! Except maybe the price?

Such a comfortable bed and friendly efficient staff. This is a great base for my London meetings. Also having the car valet parked is so convenient.

Exceptional service, great location , clean rooms a great stay !
    • Classic King Room

Whist the food was great a couple more choices of fillet fish would be welcomed such as Salmon,Trout or seabass. Be sure to find the do not disturb sign to ensure the room attendant doesn't come in at 8am !!

This hotel has the most exceptional customer service. They will do their upmost to cater to your requirements . Fantastic soufflés !!! The size of the hotel is cozy for female travellers. The food is of a high standard and all staff are amazing .

Absolutely perfect stay in Central London
    • Classic King Room

Absolutely nothing could be improved upon in my experience.

From the minute we walked through the door, the service we received from the team at The Stafford was second to none. The room was beautiful appointed, with the most comfortable bed and luxurious bedding ... We had lunch and pre-dinner drinks in The American Bar, where the staff looked after us really well; dinner in The Gamebird on Friday evening was another wonderful experience - beautiful food, well presented and excellent service. Spot on, and we can't wait to visit again.

A very welcoming arrival and comfortable stay
    • Classic Queen Room

I thought the staff and the service was excellent and the whole experience at the Stafford Hotel was very enjoyable. Thankyou for being so accommodating.

No much

The room is old and dirty. It is nowhere close to what a 5 star hotel hygiene standard is supposed to be. The breakfast staffs only attend to white Caucasians and overlook guests with colored skin. I stay in deluxe king room for 4 nights and I was overcharged with one of my breakfast (ordered the continental on the second day and charged with a full breakfast price of 31 pounds). The maids do not clean the toilet throughly and stains were left inside. It was disgusting. I may not be an experienced luxury hotelier but the Stafford is definitely the worst hotel I’ve stayed at in years. Thank you stafford, I will share my horrible experience with everyone I know who is traveling to London.

No much

Another excellent stay in one of our favourite hotels.

We like everything.

We are regular visitors to The Stafford and generally celebrate Christmas with them. However this year we missed Christmas and celebrated our marriage with a luncheon in one of the private rooms and stayed for two nights. There is, and always has been an unpretentious character to The Staffford whilst maintaining the highest standards of comfort and service.

The only advantage is location.
    • Classic Queen Room

1) Staff at the restaurant (The game bird) wears extremely dirty uniform (large grease stains on vests). It looks weird in the restaurant of such level. 2) Once I ordered wine to my room and for some reason housekeepers didn’t collect the dirty glass for several days. It was weird given that they clean rooms 2 times a day. 3) Hotel is very old, so there Is a bad smell of something old in the rooms 4) Though it is a 5 Star hotel, they never leave chocolates or other nice complements in the room after evening cleaning. I have stayed in two other 5 Star hotels in London this year and I can say that in other hotels staff tries much harder to make clients happy. Stafford makes bare minimum and it’s not enough for the money they ask for rooms. 5) Breakfast was very bad. There is some food on display but for some reason you can’t take anything by yourself, you have to ask someone to cut bread for you, or give you a peace of cheese, etc. There is only one person who can do it and sometimes he is absent, so you have to stand like a fool and wait! Very stupid system! If you make a breakfast buffet you have to let people take everything they want by themselves.

The only advantage is location. But there are much better hotels in London for this price!

Not exclusive
    • Classic Queen Room

Not as exclusive as expected. Place with public access. We had to go through a courtyard to get to our room which would be even more annoying if it was raining. Traditional decor in commonly used areas (restaurant etc.) is tired and in need of upgrading.

Very well equipped bathroom and most comfortable bed with wonderful thick and smooth bedlinen.

A truly excellent hotel in a quiet but central location
    • Classic Queen Room

There was nothing I didn’t like although the standard size room is quite compact so if we were staying more than one night would go for a bigger option.

The location of the Stafford is excellent. At Christmas it is beautifully decorated and very festive. Staff are superb. They brought us tea and mince pies when we checked in. The breakfasts in the newly refurbished restaurant were excellent. I love the American bar and you can sit outside in the middle of winter with heaters.

Cozy hotel in classical style.

The size of bathroom, cold in the bathroom because of the window there. Unpleasant smell in the rooms. Technical noise all over the nights. Bad view.

Great location! Walking access to any places of interest. Very cozy hotel, marvelous Christmas decoration. Effective and friendly staff. Comfortable bed. Best quality of linen and towels. Nespresso is in the room. Availability of late check out.

Great service
    • Classic Queen Room

Rooms are small, and some are not well set up for business travel, that is, they don;t have very good desks (if any at all), ample electrical plugs and such. Breakfast and restaurant are WAY over-priced

Great location: near many places you would want to go, but, at the same time, out of the way and quiet. Excellent service 'culture' ... very, very attentive, if a little formal

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

not five star enough
    • Classic Queen Room

too small too old bed is too high not clearn enough the price is too high not valuable not value for money the breakfast is expensive and there is service charge it looks like 3 star hotel bathroom is really small!!!

good position,its near harrods,Oxford street,hype park,green park,good for traveling

Fantastic.
    • Executive Junior Suite

I had a junior suite which was extremely comfortable. Like a small apartment. It even had a xmas tree in the hall way of the room. Very helpful staff.

Great stay, expensive, best bed ever!
    • Classic King Room

The staff were noisy in the morning. Our room was opposite a storage cupboard of some kind and all morning they were very noisy.

The bed was insanely comfortable the sheets, the pillows, the mattress and as it was super king size everything just made for a great nights sleep!

Feels very old and tired.
    • Classic Queen Room

Feels very old and tired. Rooms very tight but that's to be somewhat expected in London. Location is absolutely fantastic but I'd expect it to feel a bit more updated on the interior for the price being charged.

Excellent hotel!
    • Classic Queen Room

The bathroom was a little on the small side but everything else about it was perfect.

Really comfortable bed, the room was spotlessly clean but cosy at the same. But it’s the staff that really make this hotel stand out, they were genuinely friendly and helpful.

Excellent but quite expensive
    • Classic Queen Room

The bathroom was very well equipped.However the bath was without grab handles and very slippy. It is not enough to have a small sign advising 'ring reception 'if non-slip mat required. It should be provided automatically.

Location, Service, accommodation,facilities.

Overall, very good for my needs.
    • Classic Queen Room

The room could have had slightly more space.

Overall, very good for my needs. Great location. Nice atmosphere. It felt typically "British" in a good way.

A very comfortable stay with attentive staff. Thoroughly enjoyable, thank you.
    • Classic Queen Room

The shower rose was a little too low for me and I kept banging my head as I could not stand up under it properly. The basin hot tap was not very effective and needs attention. There was chatter almost all the way through the night in another room close by and disturbed my sleep. I was in room 604. It was a pity as the first night was very peaceful. It was as if business was being conducted, I can't really say any more than that. A pity really and the only thing that detracted from the overall impression.

The bed was divine and the pillows were soft and comfy. The staff were excellent and very attentive

Good but expected much better for that price.
    • Classic Queen Room

For the price I expected more. I think when you pay €850 for 2 nights, one would expect breakfast included. Twice the electronic key to my room would not work. I found in my room an envelope with someone else’s bill. On my bill I was charged £40 for a bottle of wine which I did not have ! The receptionist just told me he would remove it from the bill but did not apologize. He made me feel I was trying to swindle the hotel for this bottle of wine. Incidentally I don’t drink alcohol !

Very comfortable room. Perfect location.

Can't wait to stay again
    • Classic Queen Room

Very comfy bed, Breakfast was superb, Staff were friendly, very helpful and made us all feel very welcome also went the extra mile to make my wife's Birthday very special, One she will never forget.

A little gem in the middle of the busy city center.

The rooms are a bit outdated and you can hear what happens outside of the room and from our neighbors next door. Thankfully they were not the noisy type. Room renovations would make it an even better hotel!

The staff was extremely nice and professional. We were traveling with a 3 year old and this is the only hotel that was considerate enough to give us baby shampoo and soap. I thought that was a very nice touch. The hotel is in an excellent location just 1 block away from the busy streets. Wifi was fast and stable. I would stay there again for our next trip to London.

The best service, attention and accommodations in London!
    • Classic Queen Room

It was as perfect as it could be.

This is a five star hotel, the staff is amazing, the breakfast buffet was superior, and it is the nicest hotel I've stayed at in London, including most of the competition. It is a little pricey, but worth EVERY penny of it. We will come back!

Comfortable and luxurious, and a safe haven for a woman travelling alone as I am
    • Classic Queen Room

A slightly larger bedroom would have been good

The hotel is beautiful, but it's the excellent Staff that make this hotel so special , they are so friendly and caring, it's like coming home to be looked after!

• Classic King Room

The cleaners came in 3 times in the morning, first time at 9:00, second at 10:30 ,third at 11:30 .Really disturbed our sleep.We don't understand why she tries so hard to get in before we check out.

Amazing decoration and comfortable bed

If I lived in London I would become a regular guest

I loved it all

First our room was fabulous. Gorgeous bathroom with all the amenities. Very cozy bed. The atmosphere was one of serenity throughout. We had dinner at their signature restaurant The Game Bird it was delicious. The American Bar had a nice feel comfortable feel. The hotel was tucked away and yet accessible to many of the sights. Service was gracious and accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel. The concierge even booked a table at a restaurant that was hard to get into.

A great hotel and favourite but BEWARE Carriage House ground floor rooms!!

BIG PROBLEM - the hotel has a bar popular with non-residents and a large outside area used late into the evening. I usually have a room in the main house or Mews Suites but for the first time was given a room on the ground floor of the newly refurbished Carriage House. Whilst the room was excellent it opens directly onto this bar area. The noise level was unacceptable with loud smoking and drinking going on to midnight. Due to non-airtight doors both the noise and cigar smoke was very present in the room. I could hear every word of a conversation about trade finance structuring going on outside. DO NOT USE these rooms until this is fixed - unless you like sleeping in what feels like the corner of a pub!! Such a shame as otherwise this is an almost perfect hotel.

As usual the service and welcome from this favourite hotel was outstanding. Super comfortable rooms and beds and a lovely breakfast.

Quiet luxury in the very heart of London.

Pricey, but to be expected.

Great concierge, excellent front desk and staff. Well-built and soundproofed room in the Mews building. Extremely comfortable bed. Very responsive phone operator. Private inner courtyard, open-air seating.

Very good stay
    • Classic Queen Room

The hotel is a bit expensive.

The rooms are very cozy and well decorated. The breakfast was really delicious. The staff is very courteous. Over all its a very good experience. Very near to Piccadilly Square.

Great location, poor lighting in the rooms and the bathrooms a little dated, noise travels into room
    • Classic Queen Room

Beware The Stafford add a discretionary charge to each transaction however it isn't discretionary as we were not asked when ordering items that the tip was added to the bill. Disappointing.

The hotel had a fabulous location

We had a great time.
    • Classic King Room

Traffic in London is beyond belief. Get an "oyster card" for the tube. A simple drive by bus or taxi from N. London to say the Tower bridge is about 1:20 Hr. by tube 9 Min. Green Park tub station is 10 Min. walk from the Stratford.

Romantic and lush; a perfect escape.
    • Classic Queen Room

Comfortable bed, outstanding breakfast, and situated in the most stunning part of London. My partner and I were on a very special occasion and the Stafford were amazing at accommodating for us.

The pillows
    • Classic Queen Room

The housekeeper cleaning was very poor when it comes to 5 star hotel Location is very scary at night you cant have a walk alone Difficult to have a taxi

The pillows

Beds are very comfortable.

in club a little bit smell cigarettes

Beds are very comfortable. People are very friendly and helpful. Very close to Buckingham, Piccadilly, Museums, restaurants, shops, theaters. Rooms are quiet and comfortable.

Fantastic location, beautiful property (especially the mews...
    • Classic King Room

Housekeeping could have been better (never replaced the milk for tea or the biscuits, just left the milk sitting out for two days), and the soundproofing in the room isn't great (was woken up both mornings by noise in the corridor coming from other guests passing by or opening doors).

Fantastic location, beautiful property (especially the mews area), great dining.

The stay was ok, but i have stayed in better
    • Classic Queen Room

The room itself was not very big for a double but no issues with that, the major issue for myself and my mum who i visited with was the size of the bed, i would have classed it as a big single, we are both petite but we struggled in the bed which did not make for a comfortable nights sleep, also i was sent a mail beforehand for preferences on pillows etc and i had requested a v shaped pillow which was unfortunately not fulfilled. Also it would be good to have 2 options of shower, the stationary rain shower and also the movable shower heads, Also on the Saturday evening we requested to sit outside, this was around 9pm, we were told they were not seating anyone outside, however while we were sat in side we saw multiple people come in to the bar area and go outside, i also heard the steward state to some people, would you like to sit outside, not sure why we were told one thing and saw something else with other guests so was not really impressed with this, for the price payed for just 1 night and the rating of the hotel i would not expect this.

The staff were lovely and friendly, the hotel itself is beautiful decor wise and the location was perfect, literally around the corner from Green Park tube station which got you to most of the places very easily.

Very charming, old-school hotel.

Very charming, old-school hotel. The staff were extremely attentive and polite, and made us feel at home from the moment we got there. The room was very large and comfortable.

Favourite hotel in London, feels a bit like going home each time I go.
    • Classic Queen Room

It irritates me that breakfast is so expensive in hotels, so I normally go out for breakfast.

the bed was very comfortable, and I asked for a quiet room, and got one totally silent. View terribly, but that sort of goes with a quiet room. We are both very discerning, and have stayed here many times and will again. A great place to go for a lady who is travelling on her own. Beautifully decorated throughout.

Excellent location for our 5 days visit in London

Bed was a little bit to soft so I was kind of sinking in it, but maybe this is just my personal preference and others may like it.

Everything was high class, special thanks to the concierge who made excellent recommendations for restaurants and a barber shop. We got a nice upgrade to Junior Suites. Thank you Stafford :)

Top notch service

Nothing, really. Everything is perfect!

We are family of 5, so we had to book 1 Junior Suite room to fit 3 people and 1 Deluxe King room for our parents. Yet, my parents upgraded to Junior Suite so they can stay next to our room. The Stafford London really makes you feel like you are at home. I remember when I came back with 2 bouquets of flower, conicerge team offered me to get a vase from housekeeping to keep my flowers fresh. Thank you for making our stay memorable!

Excellent location and great breakfast. Perfect when you have a busy day ahead.
    • Classic Queen Room

The staff at The American Bar. Took clients / guests twice and both times they were a little rude. Although the bar was empty, they were very particular about where we could not sit.

Location was excellent for both business and leisure. Concierge helpful in booking all my dinner reservations, especially when I was constantly changing according to guests.

Browse The Stafford London traveller photo gallery