Reviews of The Tophams Hotel 4 stars

5.9

5.5

5.2

bad

1)I arrive hotel above 11:30 and just want keep my bag on lobby.The femal Receiption cann’t find my reservation and let me wait 10mins. after 30 mins ,she not get any actions. because I and my son very hungry and wish her keep my bag and then she should solve their internal problems. And I also show my reservation Number to her.But she suddenly very angery and voice very loud.I am so surprising her.This is 4 star hotel? 2)As I check in,the room is -1 floor with humidity smell,even as air conditioner keep work.Also,the wash room have many small problems.

lobby very good

Do NOT stay here. Worst hotel I have ever stayed at.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything: this is as far away from a 4 Star hotel as you can get. 1. Dirty: the carpets, walls, sheets and pillow were all filthy. When I asked for new sheets, I got ones with different stain patterns. 2. Many things broken: shower taps, phones, in room safe, fan. We heard from other guests they did not have AC that worked. 3. Beds were of the worst quality with springs that poked into my back. The pillows were very thin and lumpy....I’m sure they were 20+ years old and dirty. 4. Shower had broken taps and we could only get very hot water out of them so taking a shower was difficult. We ran out of toilet paper and the manager told me to take a roll out of the public washroom on the main floor. 5. TV only worked intermittently 6. Elevator broke and had to carry our bags up very narrow stairs 7. Breakfast is barely acceptable and the only hot item is boiled eggs. They don’t have very many staff members so getting coffee or toast takes at least 10-15mins. 8. Hotel staff is very unfriendly and clearly don’t care. Everyday there was a line of guests complaining about one thing or another and they just didn’t give a crap. After sleeping in our room and talking to them about all the issues they refused to movement us (probably because these were issues with all the rooms). Often the people at the desk were on their phones and not paying attention. 9. Many lights did not work. Plug plates broken, cannot get more than one key for your room. 10. Toiletries were of the cheapest quality - I’ve gotten better soap from a motel. It just doesn’t lather! Considering the ridiculous amount of money they charge and the description of the hotel, I believe my stay here was based on false advertising. Other than the location their is no redeeming quality for this hotel. Do NOT stay here.

The location is the only good quality of this hotel. Run away if you are considering staying here. Absolute nightmare

Position near station
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Check in was a disaster. Our lower floor room was small and dingy, did not look like the photo on our booking. They showed us another room which had water dripping from ceiling. Third room was comfortable but had no cold water available- the cold tap was hot water most of time. The shower had a very loose cold tap and no water came out. The receptionist kept us waiting implying that our room was not ready (at 3.30pm) when apparently it was. She did not apologise and was very offhand. We had just arrived from Australia so we’re very tired. Russell Hick

Position near station

Disgusted with hotel and also booking.com for offering such a hotel

At check in had to argue yes argue to get the type of room we had booked and paid for 6 months in advance, also during this time two other guests were demanding a change of room Room was not clean, nothing like the website pictures, the spare pillows gave the appearance of previously use, and after being out all day the next day, the room had not been made up Breakfast staff were fine, but breakfast not appetising Wanted to see the manager but on reading trip adviser realised that most guests would not be returning to this hotel, so didn’t bother

There is only one good comment to make of Topham’s is location

Our stay in London was great but only because of the location of the hotel.
    • Lower Ground Double Room

The room was tired looking and in need of a makeover. Some lights didnt work. The furniture was rickety and would have collapsed if you werent careful. The bathroom celing looked like it was about to give way. It had obviously had water leaking through from above and was all brown and flaky. At one point we came back to find water all over the toilet seat and the floor. There was also a broken double socket, which was potentially dangerous as the wiring was showing. The worst thing was the pillows - there were 2 spare ones in the cupboard without slips and they were filthy and stained. We asked for others and were offered 1 as they didnt have any spares because they were so busy! The carpet was also badly stained and sticky in parts. The staff were not very helpful. None appeared to be to understand or speak English, so it was difficult to communicate.

The location and value were very good.
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Bedding was a bit weird, sheets didn't tuck in so every morning was a knot of sheets and covers. But they put it all back together ...

The location and value were very good. Nice breakfast (with cappuccinos if you ask). Quiet location but close to a lot of things. Good bathroom etc.

Terrible experience
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I was in a box room of a terrible standard nowhere near 4 star accommodation, the room didn’t even have a toilet or shower. On one of the hottest days of the year in London I was forced to use a COMMUNAL toilet and shower in a 4 Star hotel?? . No dressing gown was provided so walking half naked in the hall way to the shower was far from ideal this could have been very uncomfortable if I bumped into a stranger in the hallway. When I asked to change rooms I was offered a basement room in a different building! I asked to speak with the management for a refund and I was refused this outright in a very dismissive manner . Absolutely disgraceful and I will NEVER stay here again.

A nightmare !
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No mirror in bedroom and there was no mirror in the bathroom outside. The air conditioning was not working neither was the TV. The double bed was two single beds pushed together. The shower wasnt working properly, as the cold water kept stopped so had to keep jumping out of the shower to avoid being scolded by hot water. The booking deposit I paid of £25.00 for the mini bar was never credit back to my account. I called twice and was told someone would call me back. Still waiting.

There was two staff members, an asian lady who was helpful. The other lady was very rude .

Good location NOT a 4 star hotel
    • Lower Ground Double Room

The flaking walls Shower not working No tea and coffee had to ask Receptionist playing with her mobile on arrival Other guests complaining No blanket on extra bed Telephone not working TV controller under the bed

A LITTLE BIT OF HOME AFTER A LONG DAY
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff were extremely pleasant, friendly and welcoming. The room was lovely and big and the decor was clean and modern and non-smoking and more than adequate for a single person. I had an extremely comfortable bed and the furniture was perfect. Everything was very clean with lovely fresh bedding and towels. I enjoyed the breakfast and had more than enough for what I wanted. The whole experience was first class.

3.0
    Will never visit this hotel again. Recommend to stay away.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Bed was completely broken. Phone in the room did not work. Shared bathroom (which was not communicated well). Smallest room I have ever seen. Staff was grumpy and not very nice.

My room was called Mews 2.... The Mews are cleaner than all hotel sure
    • Classic Triple Room

I don´t recommend to anybody. The hotel is dirty...very very dirty. They do not clean anything at all. Bad service, disgusting and small room. The wifi is free without an unsafe password and it does not go. Horrible breakfast. I wrote an email with my allergy and they ignored me. I would never return nor recommend it. I have a very bad experience

I do not like at all. It is awful

Served its purpose, the price and location 10/10, the interior did not live up to the exterior.
    • Lower Ground Double Room

The vinyl headboard had seen better days, bare patches, looked very seedy. Would have liked to have listened to the news and weather in the morning but for some reason they "mute" the TV overnight until 09:00 am.

Central location could not be faulted.

Not again

Old hotel, not maintained well, in quite a poor state and needs a refurbish. Looked better on the photos. Overbooked the hotel and despite I had an already paid booking for two rooms, we were given 1 room with two beds. We were accommodating to this, but the offered extras were only available to us after many talks.

Location is quite good. Bed is comfortable.

The air con was broken, was near unbearable as we were on...
    • Lower Ground Double Room

The air con was broken, was near unbearable as we were on the ground floor. The shower door was broken off, the water leaked out the shower and went all over the floor.

Very disappointed and dissatisfied with our stay. Hotel need major upgrade.
    • Classic Triple Room

Property was old, very run down, and room was small. We booked a room for 3 people, the 3rd bed was a fold out bed, not even a sofa bed. There wasn’t enough room to open our luggage, we had to take turn opening our luggage. The main bed was very poor quality which caved in at the mid section. When you sit down on the bed, you sink right in and could feel the spring. The pillow was thin like paper, we had to ask for an extra pillow which never came and had to request a second time, and even then, 2 pillows wasn’t enough. The fold out bed was hard. The cold water in the shower didn’t work so had to “shower” in the bath. Only one toilet tissue paper roll was provided for 3 people, requested for more but it never came, so we all had to wait to get to the airport to do business because we couldn’t at the hotel! Towel had some staining on it, requested for new ones which never came. Elevator didn’t work to the second floor which was the floor we were on. The stairs were so narrow. Attitude of the person at reception was very rude. Overall, very dissatisfied with our stay and would never recommend it! Hotel need major upgrade, or in the least, replace the beds!!! Only one good thing was the bathroom seem to have been upgraded and it is roomy although as mentioned above, the shower didnt work!

Location close to Victoria Rail Station

Not happy with this place & wouldn't stay again.
    • Lower Ground Double Room

I thought the room was not very clean. Carpets were dirty. Toilet cistern cracked & leaking. No tea coffee supplies. Very cramped.

Good location close to transport & city

The only thing good is the location
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything else about this “Hotel” is dire. How it can be rated 4 stars is disgraceful. The staff were miserable, the bed in our “deluxe double room” was SO uncomfortable, the pillows must have been about 20years old-there was literally no filling in them! The room was claustrophobically small and we barely slept as we could hear every footstep and creak from upstairs. The breakfast was appalling. This is a 2star hotel at best, and that’s purely based on the location, which is good.

• Classic Triple Room

I stayed with my two children (1+4) in a triple room. They have no rooms that allowes 4 people in it, so my husband had to stay elsewhere. The third bed in the room was broken. The room is so small that you have to climb over the bed to get to the bathroom. We had to ask for the housekeeper to fix our shower head. The lift didn’t work for the second floor our room was on, so I had to go to the first floor and carry kid, luggage and pram up one floor. The room was smelling funny. In the morning I had to rush to the embassy, of course the lift didn’t work and neither did the emergency bell in the lift I used twice. (Safety??) There was no signs how to get down to the lobby. We ended up on stairs that were blocked by massive laundry bags. We had to walk back up and find another way out. I started to panik in this narrow corridors, lucky I ran into a Chinese couple that told me how to get out. I will not stay there again.

Nice area near the embassy’s, convenient if you have to go there.

The location.
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Some of the light bulbs weren’t working. One socket wasn’t working There had been a flood upstairs and there was water damage and brown marks all on the ceiling. It completely clean in the bathroom. However, I have been over charged, a few pounds short of the total cost. I have tried before I stayed to get the money back. Plus, I tried twice when I was there. Apparently there was no manger to refund me. I have been home about two weeks, the problem is still not sorted. So, check your banks for double payments taken. Totally discussed.

The location. Air-con. The building.

The hotel was in a perfect location, a little tired but good value for money.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Furniture was very shabby, bed bases grubby looking, rooms in need of tlc. Breakfast was very basic, ok but not exciting. Staff could have been happier.

Comfy bed, air conditioning that worked, lots of accessible power points, all basic facilities included , tv tea making, fridge, safe quirky room with shower/bathroom on lower floor.

The property was in a great location
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom ceiling was mouldy, the tv barely had any signal and I had to hunt down batteries for the remote. I wasn’t shown to my room.

The property was in a great location

Lovely place in Central London
    • Classic Triple Room

Hot...it had an a/c but still too warm specially in the little area where the ref/bar/kettle is.

In central location. The staff are friendly. The bed are comfortable and the place is clean.

Excellent value for money.

A hairdryer would have been helpful and tea and coffee supplies were limited.

Excellent value for money. Location is fab - so central but on a very quiet street! Friendly and helpful staff. Room size good for centreal London. Continential breakfast choices were substantial and freshly prepared. Good sized fridge in our room so we could chill our own water bottles. Homely rather than grand - but location and helpful staff mean I'd book again for a future trip.

Shabby room, despite being fairly spacious for this part of London. Phone didn’t work. Front desk hung up on my relative trying to reach me when she called3rd time as phone all static then disconnected Bathroom floor tile loose by sink. Razor plug on wall had bottom corner snapped off. Room was moldy smelling. Nothing to prop the windows open. Front desk person disinterested. Needs paint. This is the 5th place i’ve Stayed on Ebury St and the worst overall

Shower and neighborhood excellent. Breakfast staff were quite nice. Sheets and towels nice. Great thunderstorm the night I was staying there.

Trip To London for London 10k

Breakfast was a little basic but did the job. Otherwise Nothing bad to say 👍🏻

Close to start line, very friendly desk staff, clean, smelling really nice 👍🏻

Poor.
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Dirt room. Terrible mattress must have 20 years old. Noise from room above was awful squeaky floorboards. If I had to have paid full price I would have been horrified!!

Rude receptionist , actually may have been the owner. Very aloof when you run a customer focussed business ha e the common decency to have manners and acknowledge clients.

• Lower Ground Double Room

Needs a good lick of paint, the damp dealing with and some maintenance to fix broken sockets, shower and missing/broken tiles. Staff could do with smiling too.

Terrible

Most of the staffs don’t speak English very well, I told 3 different sfaffs that there is no “toilet paper holder” in our bathroom. They thought I meant toilet paper, kept giving us more toilet paper until I brought one of the staff to our room and show her what exactly I was talking about. The didn’t fix the hold at all, so we stayed in a room with no toilet paper holder for 8 nights. We had wet toilet paper or inconvenience reaching toilet paper place for 8 nights due to the broken holder and wired bathroom layout. The shower doesn’t have cold water so it’s impossible to shower there, the bath tub doesn’t have shower curtain, it was full of water every night after shower. We tried our best to keep all water in the tub, still leaking crazy, might be some problem on the tub. The heater was broken, only got fixed the last night we stayed there, we pretty much told the staffs everyday what the problems are. The house keepers didn’t vacuum the floor, sometimes they didn’t replace fresh towels and shower gel etc, we had to ask for those. The only good thing is the location, but there are many hotels close by, you don’t have to stay here for the location, I’m sure there are many better choices. The breakfast bar is very tiny, don’t waist your money on it. The breakfast bar staff is very friendly tho. Anyway, DO NOT stay st Tophams.

The location is absolutely perfect. I Wes landed at Gatwick Airport, very easy to get to the hotel by public transport. It’s very close to underground train also Buckingham palace.

Great location for Chelsea Flower Show is the only good...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Customer service was terrible. We were spoken to rudely. They had trouble finding the booking and made us feel we were at fault. We were given a room that was not the standard we had booked and they only moved us when we complained. Breakfast left a lot to be desired and again poor service.

Great location for Chelsea Flower Show is the only good thing about this hotel

Room was clean, plenty of towels and excellent value for...
    • Classic Triple Room

Nothing- it's a little worn in parts but nowhere is perfect.

Room was clean, plenty of towels and excellent value for money. 3 mins walk from Victoria. 10 mins walk to Buckingham palace. Staff were perfectly pleasant. I was thrilled as I had read some very negative reviews and had been dreading what might face us. Room m1 was lovely and I was very relieved.

Our stay was pleasant enough, for the price. Its main attraction was its central location .
    • Lower Ground Double Room

The matresses were very cheap and uncomfortable. Felt as if you were sleeping on a hard box spring. The elevator to the floor we were sleeping on was out of order making dragging a lot of luggage up and down some relatively narrow stairs quite a chore. Could not get the air conditioner to go low enough to take the stuffiness out of the night or evening air.

The hotel was in a central location to all public transportation, making it very easy to get around the London. The staff were pleasant enough.

Nice Hotel, Easy Accessable, Great for a 1 or 2 night stay.

No hair dryer in the room Breakfast was ok, would have liked yoghurt or fresh fruit. Tap dripped in the bathroom all the time Was disappointed that we did not get what we booked, we asked for 2 single beds and got a king bed. I asked for a different and there was really no response.

Easy access from Victoria stations, Easy to arrange the bookings online. Met my expectations.

I booked the hotel for my two daughters.
    • Lower Ground Double Room

I booked the hotel for my two daughters. They were attending an award at Buckingham Palace.the room they were given was in the basement with a fire exit on to the road.they were petrified and unable to sleep. Very unhelpful staff. would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Our stay was clean, comfortable and central to what we needed

Can't fault nothing

Reception lady was marvelous, she went the extra mile for us , we arrived at hotel early and could see it was very busy, however , we had an important date at Buckingham palace and she helped us check in early to get ready for date.

This was a very unpleasant experience and will not stay there again

Very tired guest room. Not clean Air con was broken Carpet was so dirty I didn’t want to walk on it. Loads of stains on it There were lots of flies Lower ground floor room smelled damp and musty Casing behind toilet was broken/ needed fixing There was a safe in the room but that wasn’t working The bed mattress was uncomfortable and you could feel the springs coming through The bar was supposed to be 24hrs but when I got back at 1am I was told it was shut I can’t understand how the hotel finds it acceptable to put a guest in this room

Location good - near to Victoria station

First, for a 4 Star Hotel I expected a decent place to stay...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

First, for a 4 Star Hotel I expected a decent place to stay in London. I wasn’t aware that I booked a hotel for 1 night, paying over 145£ and I had to share my bathroom with an entire floor. I overlooked this fact when I booked and wouldn’t have thought that a 4 Star hotel even has that. That’s insane. Then the room itself was so tine, old, the bed seemed like an Ikea sofa and it felt stuffy air and just completely outdated. You have to imagine this room was an upgrade that I got when I checked in. Don’t imagine what a standard room looks like. The photos the hotel advertises online and at the hotel entrance are very much different than what I thought I am booking.

It was ok. Some minor basics that are just missing proving the owners don’t really care about servic

The noise from the bar across the road The brown stain in my bath The dripping tap The WiFi isn’t strong enough to stream movies The TV didn’t work

Location is central and the staff tend to leave you alone unless you need them.

Unless location was the only important thing, wouldn't recommend to anyone.
    • Lower Ground Double Room

No hot water in the morning; completely broken chair in the bedroom; totally chaotic breakfast (hardly any fruit juice, milk, tea cups, glasses - no way of ordering a cooked breakfast); staff not trained (didn't even know how to order a taxi!).

The location was perfect for our purposes

Nice and quiet place.

Internet sucks! Works very very bad, near unusable. And the stuff only says "it's working fine for me".

The location is very good. A few minutes from Buckingham Palace and Victoria Station. Very quiet area, specially at night. Breakfast was very good and complete, continental style. Confortable beds. Bathroom was incredible!

We were mislead by false & inaccurate grading. This place would not achieve a 1 star
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Shabby dirty hotel room, filthy pillows, stained carpets, broken, exposed & dangerous plastic electrical sockets, broken shower door handle & shower temperature control, certainly not 4 star as stated

Good quiet location near Victoria Station & Buckingham Palace.

great location for seeing London

With a little effort from staff and management this could be a great hotel. Receptionist on checking in was very poor and told is nothing about the facilities, nor was there anything in the room.

great location for seeing London

If you book online they will give you the worst room in the basement and then try to upsell you.
    • Lower Ground Double Room

They gave us a really gross room in the basement. When we asked for a different room, they said that's what you get for booking online. They offered to upsell us to a nicer room for an additional 35 pounds per night. We ended up going for it, but the room was still really shabby and small. The staff was incredibly rude and unhelpful. While waiting for the elevator we heard the receptionist complaining to another staff person how much she hates her job and wanted to leave. Apparently she takes out her unhappiness on anyone unlucky enough to stay here.

The location is good....that's about it.

Nice facilities, great location but unfortunately some of the staff soured our experience
    • Lower Ground Double Room

We found some of the staff quite rude and abrupt in their manner. We did not feel welcomed into the hotel when we arrived, but rather that we were an inconvenience while checking in. The check-in process also took far longer than it should have.

The location was perfect as it was right next to Victoria Station and within walking distance of other London tourist attractions. The bedroom was also very clean and comfortable.

Stayed here for one-night, arrived late and left early. Good for that!
    • Lower Ground Double Room

The bed was really uncomfortable. I think it was 2 singles attached horizontally where the bottom half was higher than the top. Or it was just old and deformed. Only a handful of TV channels had signal.

Location is fantastic, check in was quite swift.

Good location but that would be about it
    • Lower Ground Double Room

The staff were very tough to deal with, the bed was really uncomfortable, the bathroom ceiling was in a pretty shocking state of repair, the shower was oddly located outside the bathroom (and water went all over floor when using it) and the breakfast was a pretty unsatisfying experience for those in the party that had it

The location was great for the wedding we attended in Belgravia

Worst hotel ever!

The most dirty place I have ever seen. Avoid at all cost! Beds are super old and with sticking out springs so you won’t be able to sleep. Really not worth it!

Nothing good about this place!

Stay elsewhere
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Expensive, tatty. Awful breakfast. Miserable staff. Uncomfortable bed. Dirty lobby toilet. Shower fell to bits. Window didn't close

Nothing at all. By far the worst hotel I've ever, and I mean EVER stayed in

Very convenient with Great staff
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Probably a better quality bed Would have been good and better pillows

The staff were friendly and very helpful and the receptionist arranged for a fan for me as it was exceptionally warm and the a/c was not cold enough for me - much appreciated. Great location for us and ‘good enough’ as very clean. We did not sample breakfast so cannot comment.

Price we paid was fine for what we got but omissions and false claims really upsetting.

False advertising which is really a BIG problem. Hotel website, in room info and booking.com all said hotel had restaurant and 24/7 room service. It emphatically does not and bar pictured does not have staff. Never would have chosen hotel had I known. Front desk staff also uninformed and did not know aspect views from rooms - odd numbers fave rear and even front. Pretty basic stuff not to know!

Location great and could be great if staff were knowledgable.

Bed comfortable enough, large bathroom compared to size of...

Front of house staff ladies the most disinterested, unwelcoming I have ever encountered, and I have stayed in a few hotels in my time. One on the phone, was prepared to wait for call to finish, but she just jabbed at the registration form for signatures and gave us a key. Told us breakfast time but not where served, didn't tell us about the bar or where stairs are. Also took £25 'returnable' deposit on card at registration

Bed comfortable enough, large bathroom compared to size of bedroom

bad hotel
    • Lower Ground Double Room

bed was very uncomfortable room stunk of drains, paid for breakfast (didn't say continental) if wanted cook breakfast extra 10 pound. Also took 25 of cars incase we used mini bar which we said we wouldn't!!! it was rubbish would never go back. I have sent a complaint no reply x

If visiting London again it is likely that our stay will be at this hotel.

Small patches of wear on the bathroom and bedroom walls that needed a paint touch-up. The promised safe facility appeared absent and the bar advertised as open 24 hours failed to live up to the promise.

The bathroom was a bonus with a large very deep bath and separate power shower. The bathroom facilities (towels, toiletries) were well laid out and of reasonable quality. The breakfast room was very impressive and professional in layout and design. The service of staff in the breakfast room was impeccable and exuded efficiency and professionalism. it was noted that as the tables were vacated by the guests they were immediately cleaned and reset by staff. The food items for breakfast were of good quality and expensive brands. The bedroom occupied was of reasonable size with clean well placed furniture allowing adequate storage of property. The security on the room was good with easy fire-door access.

Never again.
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Broken tiles in bathroom Power point hanging out of wall Filthy bathroom No toiletries replenished No laundry service even though advertised 2 lights in room not working Cold tap in shower not working Carpets filthy Unfriendly staff

The location of the hotel.

Location was ok
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Reception staff extremely rude. Room was tiny, supposed to be twin but both beds were pushed together and the room was too small to separate them. Only coffee in the room was decaf. Water in bathroom was scalding, could not control the cold flow. No bottle opener / corkscrew in the room. Decor a little run down and dated. Overall not the greatest stay I’ve ever had.

Location was ok

Great location for the reduced price but wouldn't dream of spending the full price on that room.
    • Lower Ground Double Room

The bed was terrible - cheap/uncomfortable/lumpy mattress and bedding, sheets were rough on the skin, also the head of the bed was actually falling apart and other things were also in poor condition. The bed itself was made of two separate parts on wheels which moved independently of each other. Also when we checked in the lead staff who dealt with us was very abrupt to be honest, and she made us feel more intimidated than friendly/welcome.

The bathroom was very nice and location great

Awful

Poor service at breakfast The room was not up to standard! It appears they had encountered a leak of some description as the ceiling in the bathroom had been left in a terrible state. The grouting in the bathroom is also very poor with pieces of grout missing, cracked floor tiles and a large piece of grout on the floor which was stepped on! The bathroom door has been cut at an angle with a big gap at the bottom, there is also a large piece of plaster missing from the wall next to the bathroom door. The general décor and repair to the bathroom is in a dreadful state, and needs to be rectified. A compliant has been logged but no reply to date!

Comfy bed

Was going over with mate and asked for two single beds only...
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Was going over with mate and asked for two single beds only had a double bed. Room was tiny ....was told could get a room with two beds for additional 150 pounds

A well located clean bed option, but do not expect more
    • Classic Triple Room

We had an extra bed for my child and with it the room became extremely small for 3 people. The water was dripping from the bath tap and there was no stop for the bath (unusable). It offers an unsecured internet, which I could not use on my company phone because of security requirements.

The room had a heating and windows were properly sealed. The sheets and the towels were clean and fresh. there was tea available with the room service (we did no use). check out was very fast!

What a shame that customer service is so poor for what could be a lovely hotel.

Receptionist/manager extremely rude, felt like being booked into prison. Upon arrival I witnessed disgusting attitude to the people in front of me. When it was my turn, she demanded my name & id, no pleasantries or common courtesy and appeared angry. She barked an order/reprimand to one of the staff whilst dealing with me. This I found to be totally unacceptable & demeaning to another human being. Not the best welcome or impression. The other staff looked miserable, & although trying to be helpful (when sorting out an email for me) snapped at each other & were flustered in front of customers & couldn’t sort out my issue with the computer. Room ok, but the plug was stuck in the sink so was full of water. At breakfast, most food had gone (we were late but within the time) & minimal contact with staff. It is such a shame as this hotel could be delightful, especially considering it’s location, with a little more care & attention & MUCH MORE focus on customer service.

Excellent location for the theatre

Location was great.
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Rooms badly need an update. Lift didn’t work to 2nd Floor and had to lug heavy luggage up the stairs.

Location was great. 5 minutes walk from Victoria Station.

Stayed overnight, served a purpose. Wouldn't go back
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Reception was very frosty. Dealt with while she was on phone and then talking to colleague all in a different language so we felt like inconvenient idiots just stood there. They take a £25 pre charge for potential use of mini bar.. although you would need to be beyond desperate to pay £2 for a damn KitKat! Ridiculous prices. We didn't even touch the coffee etc in room in case that was a hidden charge too. They don't tell you and believe me, you are made to feel you are disturbing them if you ask anything so we didn't bother asking and just bought drinks at the local Victoria shopping mall. Bathroom needs a revamp and upstairs sounded like they had the troll from Harry potter staying there stomping around. Rooms look promising site but decor tired, paint flaking off, hole in bedding and just needs a bit of an overall revamp.Definietly not 4 star accommodation. There must be Better hotels to stay at where staff actually have had training to make customers feel welcomed. Had staff been nicer we probably could over look the flaky paint.

Good value because of the price on booking.com
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Breakfast was very overpriced and was sparse air conditioning didn’t work, fan in bathroom didn’t work so it was damp

Location is good hotel is clean bed was comfy

All small issues should had been ignored if only internet connection should had been better.
    • Classic Triple Room

We are the computer age wherein internet is next to air as one of basic necessities. The internet is pretty bad, hope the management will do something about this.

The location is perfect for people who is using the subway. The hotel is fairly clean.

2 star hotel not 4 star
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Dirty bathroom, bed uncomfortable, lift broken, had to carry up my cases two stories up in narrow steep stairs. Staff not so friendly and helpful. Maximum 2 star hotel.

Close to trainstation

superb location

a lot of cloth moths on the curtains, towels with stains, broken bath equipment, only hot water in the shower, hair dryer didn't work, had to be replaced.

superb location

Great location. Expensive room. Poor breakfast.
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Poor management. Many guests seemed unhappy and having an argument at the front desk in the morning. Another guest was arguing about the breakfast that the room include the breakfast and never mentioned that it was only continental.

Breakfast was only continental. Wasn't much choice.

Poor experience with no uninterested staff
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Iron was dirty and ruined my shirt. Staff couldn’t care less. No manager on site. Porter Told me he was back in at 9 am next day. Fire exit in bathroom that had a permanent buzzing noise. Would recommend it was taken off the site as you give it good ratings but when you look at trip adviser it is ranked 990 in London. Should have looked here first

Nothing. Never stop here again. Never a 4 star hotel

unlikely to stay again with staff incompetence and ignorance like her employed.

there was a foreign girl on front desk that was ignorant very unhelpful. she brought down the entire atmosphere within the hotel .worst we ever experienced.

most of the staff were very friendly and helpful and excellent location

Perfect location within walking distance of centre of London.
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Prices were based on a ‘basement’ room and the obvious strategy was to ‘upgrade’ at an additional cost of £50 per night. Staff were quite abrupt to start with but were more friendly later on. The room was very small on the 2nd floor looking on to a block of flats. However, the standard of cleanliness was excellent. The location was perfect for us, next to Victoria station. We would consider staying at this hotel again.

Hotel was close to Victoria Tube Station and a short walk...
    • Lower Ground Double Room

Uncomfortable bed, broken air-con, no food left at breakfast, broken shower, broken headboard.

Hotel was close to Victoria Tube Station and a short walk from Buckingham Palace

The only positive thing was the location.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Checking in required much patience … The office lady wasn’t experienced and also not acquainted with multi-tasking! The room was poor, not even a mirror to check your hair or so. Closing the door required lot of force = noise. I could feel the bed springs. I could hardly move in the shower and the sealing was very low, so using a towel felt like gymnastic exercise! We didn't have breakfast, so no review on that.

The only positive thing was the location. Near the center and walking distance from our purpose.

• Classic Triple Room

The room was not very clean, the carpet had a lot of stains and it stung. There was no heating and considering that the weather was very cold this time of the year , made the staying very uncomfortable. The receptionist was not very helpful with my inquiries and he tried to convince me to take a taxi to get to airport provided by the hotel so i can get a discount while I had already booked my tickets. In addition when I asked if there is charge for leave my luggage for a while, the receptionist said that I had to pay a small fee depending the hours of staying.

Some mornings nice mini danish pastries and nice fresh...
    • Lower Ground Double Room

This hotel would have been OK for a two star hotel but definitely is not a four star hotel. Rooms are tiny and run down (furniture stained, bed out of shape, mattress needs to be replaced, very uncomfortable, just one little pillow). Staff unfriendly and looked extremely stressed out, reason whereby I want to put the blame more on the management than on the staff. Cutlery and in general all eating utensils (cups, mugs, saucers,...) dirty. Window broken in the toilet and if you wanted to open it because it was too warm, it was not possible to close it again. Towel heating rack could not be turned on or off or regulated in temperature, so when initially I asked for it to be turned on it actually burnt. Not recomendable. They take advantage of the good location.

Some mornings nice mini danish pastries and nice fresh little buns

Dire
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Service conspicuous by its absence. Bar not stocked no mixers. Continental breakfast luncheon meat instead of ham. Bathroom door only opened about 20 degrees. No hair dryer. TV not visible from bed. Staff were surly and unhelpful reception abrupt to point of rudeness. You get the picture. How this is a four star beggars belief.

This hotel is dire avoid

Browse The Tophams Hotel traveller photo gallery