Reviews of The Town House 4 stars

#2 of 42 hotels in Douglas

9.8

9.7

• One Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

No ice tray. Noisy music from a nearby venue.

Well appointed room. Provided good supplies - breakfast cereal, biscuits and cake as well as usual tea and coffee. Cleaning good. Bed very comfortable. Windows cleaned daily after being targeted by seagulls! Pleasant, friendly and helpful staff.

Renoir suite is at the back of the building and quite dark as overlooks the lane and buildings are very close to the windows so no view. Rooms at front have stunning views over the seafront and bright and airy.

Close to town centre, feels more like an apartment than hotel so good for a longer stay as feels less restrictive. Cooking facilities are good if you don't want to eat out every night and cleaned daily. Daily cakes are a nice touch!

Large and comfortable room, high ceilings, nice touches throughout. Privacy film on the ground floor windows work really well during the day. Bed was very comfortable and everything spotless.

Great location, really friendly staff, clean and comfortable. Would thoroughly recommend and would use the accommodation again. Had a great time. Thanks

Sofa bed was a bit squeaky for wriggly children but not a big problem.

Very clean and the apartment had a ‘homely’ feel with all the facilities needed including shower gel and havdwash. Really liked the little touches of bread, milk, tea, coffee on arrival and the daily cakes! Although we didn’t have problems during our stay I feel nothing would be to much trouble for the staff to resolve. Our apartment didn’t have the sea view which we knew when booking, but I think it would make a very pleasant stay more so with the sea view. Would definitely return and recommend.

Our stay went by too quickly!!!

Exceptional! I booked based on previous good reviews, YET The Townhouse went beyond our expectations. Great location, beautiful building, secure and safe. The interior is classy and the layout works well. We were greeted by John, the owner and receptionist, Katia. Their hospitality was second to none. They really made our stay memorable - for all the right reasons! The accommodation was spotless and clean to a very high standard. The little touches - things like a choice of bread or milk or a gift of locally made cake are really thoughtful and well received. The Townhouse want you to feel at home. The apartment was furnished tastefully and reflected the art works of Pissaro. A real treat! : ) Also, definitely book through the hotel's recommended Mercedes chauffeur company to greet you from the airport. A beautiful car and the service was second to none also. Our driver knew EVERYTHING about the Island. So much, that we booked him to take us around the Island one day. He was a star! We gained a real sense of the Island and it's history. Yes, we are looking to return very soon :)

• One Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Hard to control shower water temperature

Beautiful view out large windows to the promenade and sea, comfy bed, 2 TVs with lots of options, free landline calls internationally, central location, quiet

• One Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

We stayed in a two bed room apartment. The apartment was spacious, extremely clean and had everything we needed. The sea view was beautiful and the apartment was quiet during the weekdays of our stay. We were really happy with the free breakfast options and the option to order gluten free and dairy free food to cater for a coeliac. The staff were extremely friendly and right on time the night we arrived. The apartment is located close to the sea terminal.

Fantastic place for me and 2 kids to stay for a couple of days. We had everything we needed(and more). We will definitely be back next time we're on the island, and will definitely recommend to friends and family

The only negative thing mmmmmmm the pen didn’t work in the room.

Free cakes in the room, huge shower, massive comfy beds. 2 mins from shopping area. Sea views. Easy to get to on the bus from the sirport.

• One Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Bed was not very comfortable. Stairs could be an issue, although with the lift we were able to manage - although there were still stairs after the lift.

Kitchenette was great. Room overlooked the sea and allowed us to keep an eye on the car. Free parking (although you need to keep moving it every 2 hours from 8am-6pm Mon-Fri). Daily local treat provided was a nice touch along with the welcome basket including bread and milk.

Everything was excellent

Convenient location. Apartment was superbly equipped to a very standard. Comfortable bed, excellent shower. Arrival pack of groceries was exactly as you would wish for & the fresh pastries each day were a welcome touch.

• One Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Toilet seat cover was broken.

I liked that the hotel called me up the day before I was to arrive. They asked about what sort of bread we wanted. I asked for something that wasn’t the norm and they managed to deliver. Their service and attention to detail was excellent.

No parking! The curtains didn't keen the light out of the room in the morning and see through windows when you put the light on in the room in the evening

Clean and safe accommodation, access to gym and closeness to the sea and shops was a bonus . the little cakes and food available on arrival in the room was a very lovely touch!

• Executive Suite

I had asked for the room bar to be emptied and it wasn't. Did not detract one iota from the stay though

Lack of noise and the welcome pack was very useful

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing really stands out, after 11pm you have entry via two external number locks ( very good security) and a number lock on the apartment. thank goodness for camera phones. Tip write all three numbers on a blank piece of paper. photograph it. I know I needed this at 2am when the younger crew member who knew all the numbers in her head wasn't there.

very friendly professional staff, clean fresh everything as you enter the apartment, everything worked, no hidden surprises. we used here as a base for the Isle of Man rally. Ideal for coming and going at odd hours. I would certainly recommend these apartments as I feel they do better than what it says on the tin.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The bed was wonderfully comfy Nice touches like daily cakes and cereal Top ups of coffee tea, butter and preserves when needed. Apartment was cleaned daily to a very high standard Furnishings and equipment all of a good standard

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Restricted parking, not the hotels fault. My accommodation was at the back and the view was not great.

Good quality accommodation in an excellent location. Plenty of space with separate lounge, bedroom and kitchen area. Everything in the accommodation was of a high quality.

Nothing. Na-da!

The kitchenette and lounge. Complimentary loaf of sliced bread & cakes and pint of milk. High ceilings. Impressive chandeliers! There was an entrance hall! The Super King Sized Bed! TV's in the two main rooms. Amazing shower! Accommodated our request for a room with a bath for the baby. Very child friendly! Even though we were on the ground floor (sea view) the windows were tinted! And double glazed and so we didn't hear much noise. So close to the High Street.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

No comment to make here.

Location. Close to the Ferry terminal & easy access to all forms of local transport, especially the horse drawn tram. Handy for the shops too. Comfort of apartment plus extra touches like breakfast goods, jams etc. & the afternoon cakes were delicious. All staff were friendly, welcoming & helpful with local knowledge. The Town House is run on a very customer focussed efficient model.

The lift broke down at one stage and with a baby it was difficult. Also the hot water stopped working for a while but was soon fixed.

Very happy with the free upgrade and the over all service and the cleanliness of the hotel. Will deffinently stay again.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

More coat hangers and a full length mirror in the bedroom and a few more utensils in the kitchen. I.e. 3teaspoons are not enough. Thicker dishcloths.

Afternoon cakes. Sky. Plenty of fresh towels. Friendly staff.

The sofabed mattress was a little thin although we slept well on it.

I liked the fact that we had our own kitchen and basic breakfast requisites were topped up daily. I liked its central location and the helpfulness of the staff. I found the airport transfers organised by the hotel was an excellent service.Would definitely book again.

The room was a junior suite at the back of the hotel (no 3) so there were no views. The windows had scenery pictures to mask the dull aspect you would've seen should these have not been put up. if you hire a car the car parking in the isle of man is for 2 hours in disc zones so I was never able to settle during the day for fear of getting parking tickets.... plus you had to park backwards into spaces so you were front facing otherwise you got a ticket... was a nightmare scenario the whole time!!!

The location was central most things

11 am check out time was a little too early...

The comfort of the property, it's location, the attention too detail, the bed was so comfortable, lots too love!

There was excessive noise from the street late at night from revelers when the pubs closed. Very irritating. Parking was awful.

Clean and Comfortable with good beds. Bathroom was excellent. Nice touches and a full cable TV selection. Security was excellent and the staff really nice.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing we didn't like it was a lively place and we will definitely go back.

The hotel was beautiful, they left a welcome pack for you with bread, milk and some cakes.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Only stayed for 4 days, wish I'd have booked for the week. Even enjoyed the ferry ride over. Regret not going before.

Loved absolutely everything, far exceeded my expectations. No arcades, totally unspoilt, a truly beautiful place in an excellent location. Glad we went by ferry and took the car allowing us the ease and freedom to explore the island.

Other guests could be heard in the corridors as they came in or out

Beautiful architecture nicely modernised Great to have a kitchen with the essentials VERY spacious (We had one of the pricier rooms though)

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I realise space in the bedrooms was limited but a chest of draws instead of a table/dressing table would be helpful, I left alot of things in my suitcase because there was nowhere to put them. The rooms were very hot but so was the weather the radiator was on in the lounge,I didnt think to ask for a fan I am sure it would have been provided.

perfect location, wonderful view, very clean, good welcome basket,loved local biscuits and cake renewed when eaten, had sunday lunch in the hotel food very good and value for money, staff very pleasent. would stay again.

• One Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Landing on top of steps at entrance is very slippery when wet.

I loved the comfort, location, convenience and elegance of accommodations. Enjoyed view of Tower of Refuge from our sitting area.

The low windows combined with the many pedestrians passing required me to close the thick curtains (or endure being looked at). Seethrough curtaining for the lower part of the windows would really improve the privacy of the guests enjoying the view.

The location could not be more central. The view from the living room was absolutely splendid. Wifi worked fine in that room, suboptimal elsewhere. Despite the heavy motorcycle traffic on the boulevard, the double doors to the bedroom blocked all the noise. More than one towel was provided. The bed was big enough, but a bit soft to my taste. The detour by Vernon was highly appreciated.

• One Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Parking as only free after certain time at night A little crowded when put the bed settee. Down but kids loved it

Location overlooking sea many food items left in the fridge and cupboards complimentary Secure premises

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

we booked 2 apartments. the second was at the back of the building (no view) which we knew when we booked. it felt very enclosed so i wouldn't recommend the apartments without a view as you can probably find cheaper accommodation without a view in Douglas.

location for apartments with view was great

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Lift was painfully slow, parking wasn't great having to move the car every 4 hours. For 5 of us sharing a two bed an extra bathroom would have been a godsend

Travelling with family we all had our rooms and privacy but it was great to be able to socialise together in the living room. The welcome pack was thoughtful although we mostly ate out, but it was nice not to have to. The kitchen was well stocked.

• Executive Suite

I can not think of anything they could have done to improve this. It was all fantastic!!!

This serviced apartment was absolutely fantastic. The management dropped me an email to ask if they could order a taxi for pickup at the airport, also asking if I needed any provisions (they had left a complimentary carton of milk, tea, coffee, some cereal and some homemade cake) Everything was wonderful. Well done Jon and Katya, I will see you next time I am over for sure. Lisa

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

It’s pretty expensive but a reasonable price given the experience. More of a treat!

This place was absolutely stunning. Completely pristine, incredible facilities/beautifully kitted out, spacious room/kitchen/bathroom/living area, modern door-locking technology, fantastic location. I would honestly call this hotel perfect (had I had a bath in the bathroom which is always the deal breaker for me!!) but I couldn’t think of how on earth this place could/should be improved. I adored my stay here! I’d so love to return. The best ‘higher end’ place I have ever stayed in (including UK based hotels and further afield). Proud that somewhere like this exists on the island.

It was a little dark having no view but you can have a sea view if you require one, we just didn't mind as we were out and about most of the day anyway

Amazing place, myself and my family had a wonderful time, the town house apartments are so clean, tidy and amazing size 😊

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

I was surprised that the airport transfer had an additional cost to the accommodation as it was described as part of the hotel's 'facilities'. I also felt £50 for the return fare was too expensive.

Friendly staff. A large, clean apartment that was fully equipped. Relaxing.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Everything about the room was amazing, it actually made my day and night, would recommend the town house to everyone.it's exactually like the photos on the website "beautiful absolutely beautiful". Will definitely be coming back in the summer but for longer.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

For sleeping more than 2, the shower room is en suite so has to be accessed from the bedroom. Shower is electric so may not be as strong as some may wish

Lovely staff Use of access codes allowed us all to come and go separately. Views from the suite over Douglas Bay - very convenient location My son loved the strawberry jam and full sky tv

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Prefer to have a shower with an adjustable shower attachment. But was not a show stopper.

Nice to have a welcome pack which included provision for breakfast. The cakes & biscuits were a really nice personal touch & enjoyed by all! Staff very helpful & attentive. Room very clean.

The only reason I knocked off a score in the comfort bit was because the room was very hot and the radiators didn't seem to respond to the controls, they just went on and off as they wanted and ignored any outside input. This wasn't a huge problem, we opened the windows and it was fine.

The complimentary stuff was excellent, the "non key" entrance system was really good, the communication beforehand regarding our requirements (they phoned me up) showed good customer care.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment was beautifull And relaxing. We enjoy our time in the hotel, with a little And confortable kitchen, We have graet days in the Town House! Our lighthouse travelling up in the Island looking for sea horses... 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Darker curtains rooms very light in the morning not good for waking up young children.

Nothing was too much trouble staff where fantastic upgrading our room for free on arrival to sea view room x we loved loved loved this apartment and our definately going to book again xx

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Only negative I can come up with is there are too many door codes to remember!

Great concept; fantastic staff; unique hotel in perfect location on the sea front just off the 'high street'; can't fault

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

This is an excellent hotel. The facilities are great with everything you could possibly need or want provided. Staff are friendly, helpful and informative. It is slightly more expensive than other hotels on the sea front but well worth paying the bit extra - we cannot fault The Town House - wish we'd booked it for our entire stay.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The central Location was great but because of this it was guite noisy during the night at weekends.

Welcome food basket was great and the cakes left every day.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Impeccable decor. Immaculately clean. Just beautiful. Lots of original features. I loved it from the moment we entered the front door. Excellent service. Spacious with an amazing sea view ( apartment 2). Lots of attention given to individual, special touches.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

All parking slots nearby are limited to 2 hours during day time (Mon-Sat), so guest got to keep going back to the car after 8am.

Love the kitchen, and the simple food provided upon arrival.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Nothing big but a cooker would have been good also but this may be due to fire regulations and hygiene.

Home from home, everything you need in a very relaxing environment.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Executive Suite

Can't think of anything to fault I'm afraid.

Friendly helpful staff, perfect location. Loved the wee treats left in the kitchen each day...bun and shortbread. Located in a smashing part of Douglas...ticked all the boxes for us.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Unfortunately this property doesn't provide any parking and street parking is only for 2 hours at a time between 8am and 6pm.

Excellent facilities, exceptionally clean and very comfortable suite. Staff were very pleasant and helpful at all times. Location was ideal.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The lift is a right laugh u have to try it .

It was like living at home it was spotless great location and beds were comphy staff were great. Will b staying here again

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

There were some rather raucous birds during the night!

The daily treats; the free phone calls to landlines anywhere in the world; the ease of the wifi; the sky tv; the size of the bed; the "welcome" pack that gets you started, and includes two good sized potties of jam, some cereal, bread, and butter/margarine.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

NOTHING

THE WHOLE AMBIENCE, DECORE AND POSITION WAS PERFECT .. JON AND STAFF WERE EXCEPTIONAL WE WILL TELL ALL OUR FRIENDS !!! WOULD LOVE TO RETURN BUT ALAS, THIS WAS OUR ONLY CHANCE TO SEE THE ISLAND AND IT WAS GREAT.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Wonderful location with high street including a fresh sea food shop just at the back and sea view in front. Nice decoration, spacious rooms and good kitchen stuff make you feel at home and cook fresh sea food the way you like possible.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

parking is not too easy and at back of hotel its noisy during shop hours, so not great for a lie in, not an issue for us though as we have kids and a lie in is not happening!

good location and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

Parking for cars is a bit of a problem, but we managed to park outside on both nights. So not a big issue, just to be aware of when booking.

Everything about the apartment was perfect, from the communication prior to check in, the excellent staff and the great decor. A real home from home, ideal for our short stay of two nights. Would highly recommend and definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• One Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Noisy in the bedroom at night sometimes if the window was open but not a fault of the hotel just some loud mouths in the streets behind the hotel

View was great, the apartment was spacious but had the benefit of hotel services. Fantastic location for everything in Douglas

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Great apartments with attention to detail and lots of space.

• Executive Suite

Great location, lovely staff and a beautiful apartment. It was perfect for us

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Position in Douglas, friendly staff, lovely clean apartment.

Fantastic location with an amazing view.

A god place in town.

There were unclear instructions.

The service provided was great. The rooms were well maintained. The location was great.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Shower unreliable, parking an issue!

Own space, nice view, central Douglas.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Was lovely to have an apartment, the sea view was a bonus and the owners and staff were lovely. Plus the use of the garage for the bikes.

Conditioner in the bathroom

Practically everything had been thought of.

Pillows were very hard.

Great location, Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Home from home. Staff are friendly and very helpful.

Daily cakes

• Executive Suite

Loved the apartments everything in there to make it a good holiday

N/a

Absolutely nothing.

Everything. It was exceptional. The staff I met were friendly, helpful, informartive but not not intrusive.

Absolutely beautiful accommodation, great staff, great location, amazing shower, home from home, would recommend this place highly

Browse The Town House traveller photo gallery