Reviews of Whoop Hall Hotel and Leisure 3 stars

Skipton Road, Kirkby Lonsdale, LA6 2HP, United Kingdom

#13 of 13 hotels in Kirkby Lonsdale

4.1

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here - regret we didn't have time to use fantastic leisure facilities
    • Double or Twin Room

Our en-suite was a little dated - although quite adequate.

Very nice stay, staff were very helpful and accommodating. Nice double room with en-suite. Very good breakfast. Cleanliness was very good throughout. Thoroughly recommend this Hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Ok for bed for the night

The hotel and rooms, although clean, were very dated and tired looking. Damaged walls, coloured bathroom suite, shower only a trickle. There was no hairdryer and the toiletries in the room were one bottle that does all, hair, hand and body. We ordered two glasses of prosecco in the bar and they served screw cap fizzy wine but insisted it was prosecco, it had obviously been open a while and was flat. This hotel is definitely not in a location where you can easily walk into Kirby Lonsdale, no footpaths and lighting, also Taxi's are not readily available. If you were contemplating a weekend away in a spa hotel then I would think you would be very disappointed, however if you just want a bed/base then the hotel is fine.

Value for money

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Thank you. We had a lovely break. And met up with my son and granddaughter
    • Double or Twin Room

My husband likes a cooked breakfast but I don’t and the choice for me was poor. Some fresh fruit would be better than tinned, yoghurt and a croissant would be very acceptable One mattress was a foam one and very comfortable but the other was a tired lumpy spring. I couldn’t sleep on it so we exchanged as he sleeps better than me.

Hotel , surroundings, evening meal, helpful pleasant staff. Easy parking and lovely open fires.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The location just a few miles from the M6 and the Yorkshire...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is good and what stops me saying great is that the bathroom in my room was in need of an update - small shower cubicle, crack in the sink, needs retiling or fresh grout to improve appearance and the toilet flush didn't work well. The shower in my friends room did not work well at all. With its location, pool, and facilities with updates it would be much better.

The location just a few miles from the M6 and the Yorkshire Dales is great. All the staff I dealt with were friendly & helpful and did meet all my requests even accommodating the fact that 3 of my group would not be checking in until near midnight and allowing us to leave 2 of our 3 cars parked at the hotel following check-out while we completed the Yorkshire 3 peaks. The dinner I had and the breakfast the following morning was all good. My room was spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Treated poorly and fobbed off with lies.
    • Family Room

Carpets worn and grubby. I had booked 2 x family rooms - one for my son and his family and one for me and my dog. I was asked before arrival how many people were coming and I said a family in one room and just me and the dog in the other family room. When I got the key to my room, it was a grubby single room, smelling of cigarette smoke. I thought maybe they're particularly busy and needed the family room I'd booked for other guests. For one night I thought I'd stay put (and save £50). However, when I went to check out next morning, my credit card had already been charged £140 for a family room. The person at reception took my details and said somebody would phone me regarding a refund. Nobody phoned. During the course of the next week, I phoned "Jo" (the Manager) three times to request a refund and every time she assured me it would happen. It never did - so I paid £140 for a horrible single room - extortionate!

The food in the restaurant was very good. Location was also good. Swimming pool was nice.

The Bed was very comfortable, and the food was very well...
    • Double or Twin Room

The Shower in room was useless, hardly any pressure, and water was only Luke warm.

The Bed was very comfortable, and the food was very well cooked, as was the Breakfast.

Will not reccomend or stay again due to attitude of one staff members and poor housekeeping
    • Family Room

Old food on top of the wardrobe left by someone a long time ago from the state and dust on it.. Bed mattress was old and very uncomfortable.... Guy behind the bar ( I assume he was the owner from his manor) was obnoxious, rude and very unhelpful

Location and food was good

Stopover on journey north
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast had early finish considering was weekend - didn’t unfortunately get to use swimming pool. Breakfast not great. Fruit course was tinned fruit.

Situation and swimming pool

food was excellent and reasonably priced
    • Double or Twin Room

Tv basic and would expect sky tv The shower was very poor with very low water pressure Noisy main road outside our room (9) Moaning owner (at least I think he was the owner lol) the younger gent was much better 👍

food was excellent and reasonably priced Sauna excellent Pool excellent

4.5
    Expensive for tired & poor condition facilities
    • Family Room

Bedroom decoration (&rest of hotel) was very tired - something that had been done in the early 1980s I expect. The bathroom was the same & couldn’t get hot water from the shower - which is the tiniest shower in a large bathroom. Sealant and grout peeling, cobwebs on the ceilings, indented mattress, no heating or heaters for either bathroom or bedroom - very expensive for a poor condition room & facilities

Staff were pleasant, food was ok.

A good choice for an overnight stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The cheap liquid soap in a container for use for both handwashing and showering. Water pressure was also low for a shower.

Our evening meal -cooked to order - was good and hot. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was not cooked to order and not as hot as it should have been as it was kept under hot light sand maybe there could have been more choice - like yoghurts, fruit. However the bacon was very tasty.

Very pleasant
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms old fashioned - very small tv - no power sockets near beds - medium comfort mattress

Nice location - friendly staff - helpful - good menu choices for dinner

Don't bother. Not comfortable.

No decent wi-fi - and only seen in samll print that it was supposedly only available in "public areas". Before I realised this restriction, I asked Reception about Wi-fi. Received a complete shrug off of responsibility. No acknowledgenebt that it was inconvenient not to have wi-fi - and explained away by a shrug and a statement about it being an old building. No mattrass protection. Matrras basic and cold. Quite uncomfortable.

Location ok but near a main road. Traffic noise ++. Pool v pleasant.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Second time in the hotel and I am sure we will be back soon
    • Double or Twin Room

Comfortable stay in a lovely area, staff very pleasant, food great, we like game stew!! The furnishings and the bathroom not very modern but ok for a short stay. Wish we had more time to enjoy the leisure facilities.

Convenient location, lovely spa facilities, but otherwise a tired 80´s time-warp kind of hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel feels old and tired, like something out of an 80´s time-warp. It could really do with a face-lift. The room felt pug, and not totally clean, and the bathroom was worn and not too clean either. The breakfast on offer is like a greasy spoon fully cooked breakfast, complete with fried bread, and black-pudding.

This hotel was convenient placed as a half-way stop between Wales and Scotland. It is on the outskirts of the charming market town of Kirby Lonsdale. It offered value for money for a short stop-over. It is easy to find, as it is just off the main road. The well equipped gym, pool and spa facilities are the best thing about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Adequate but overpriced
    • Family Room

Bathroom very dated-coloured suite in poor repair which looked like it had been there since the 7Os. Swimming pool in need of complete refurbishment-the whole placed looked very tired! Located by busy main road but way out of Kirby Lonsdale and staff refused to ring for taxis for anyone! Buffet breakfast very poor-ran out of half the items and what was there looked and tasted like it had been there for hours!

Comfy bed. Plenty of tea and coffee provisions. Large fluffy towels.

Good hotel, friendly staff and great leisure facilities.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing to complain about really, food menu was interesting quite a varied choice.

Good leisure facilities, decent sized pool. sauna and steam room - all in good condition. We did not use the gym but it looked quite well equipped for a hotel. Great views of the hills from outside seating area.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Leisure facilities, pool etc
    • Double or Twin Room

When we arrived there was nobody on reception or in the bar, we had to go looking for someone to check us in. Portuguese male staff member behind the bar very negitive about the hotel, the area and the customers think he should just go back to Portugal

Leisure facilities, pool etc

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Swimming pool.
    • Double or Twin Room

Tired looking hotel, needs updating. Menu choices limited Tin fruit salad!!

Swimming pool. Clean sheets and towels Plenty of tea and coffee plus biscuits in room.

Lovely hotel in a great location perfect for a few nights...
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely hotel in a great location perfect for a few nights stay whilst walking, excellent food and pet friendly. Spa and Pool Facilities are excellent and great value for money.

The pool was excellent and the dining experience was nice.
    • Family Room

The room was a little outdated and there was insects in the room. The wifi wasn’t very good and the breakfast wasn’t amazing.

The pool was excellent and the dining experience was nice. The dinner was very good I enjoyed it very much.

Good location but very dated and worn out hotel, could do with a refurb

Place was very dated and dismal and not very clean. Room we were shown was very dated and worn out. We had a view of a wall. Bathroom was like something out of the 70's and probably just as old. Cobwebs in the corridor and carpet going upstairs was dirty. When driving up to the property it just appeared very worn out. Staff member on arrival was quite helpful and gave us the option of another room but unfortunately this was worse than the first. Staff member advised he could not give a refund at that time as we weren't prepared to stay there. He told us he had no access to the computer which appeared to have been switched off. Told us we would have to speak to "the lady" the next day. To be fair she contacted us the next day and advised us to speak to Booking.com to arrange a refund, and to be fair this was sorted out very quickly the day after that, and we were given a full refund.

Location near to Kirby Lonsdale

Average hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Music was loud and kept me awake from the hotel bar downstairs and didn't stop till 1am. Bar that it was ok. Room was tired and carpet bit worn. But the room was clean.

Just had a night at this hotel. Enjoyed the food. The hotel itself is little tired. Our room was ok. Clean but tired.

Glad to get way from the place really. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
    • Double or Twin Room

On a wet miserable evening we arrived at the hotel and a very grumpy man at the desk told us we were in double rooms when we had booked twin rooms ! A bit awkward ! The man showed no concern and said he was full so we had to make do. We asked him to get us a taxi to the local town but he said the local firms wouldn't come, despite the fact that he had a list of local taxi firms behind the desk ! We had a drink in the bar which was OK. We drove into the town to eat as the restaurant at the hotel looked a bit unattractive. On our return we settled in for the night in our double rooms ! The rooms were clean but very dated and basic. I had to walk to reception for the hairdryer across the car park, in the rain. Breakfast the next day was adequate, cheapest bread used for toast and quality of fried products very poor. Nothing to write home about.

Not much.

Good enough as a bolt hole. Friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

No shower in the bathroom, just a bath. Wouldn't take too much to fix a shower head.

Lovely breakfast served from 7.30am I think. Nice bar, not modern but warm.

Whoop hall, very very disappointing
    • Family Room

Upon arrival we were greeted by a pleasant member of staff who greeted us, briefed us and gave us our room key but also expected us to be comimg with a child when we had clearly booked for just two adults. We found our room and entered. Immediatley greeted by dirty carpets and what felt like the bear minimum in quality. 1. the room felt to be made up from hand me down furniture. The kettle didn't work, you had to hold the button down for it to even initiate boiling and this lead to a nasty burn in the later stages of boiling the water for a cup of tea. The kettle was situated directly underneath the tv..... not dangerous at all...... On booking.com it advertised WiFi but failed to disclose that this was not available in the room but is in the public areas of the hotel. The bathroom was not in my opinion fit for use in a hotel. The toilet once flushed continued to make a whistling buzzing noise for as long as twenty minutes. The hot water was intermediate and worked on an as and when basis. The shower head could not be mounted on the wall as the bracket was broken. The mixer tap feeding the shower head was impractical and ridiculously frustrating as you'd need a batchalorette in mechanics to get the correct mix of hot and cold water. Their was no hand soap or any other bathroom supplies available in the room. All walls were showing some form of damage and neglect as exposed plaster board, dirty and chipped paintwork decorated the room. The locking mechanism on the door was extremely difficult to operate as it was extremely old and worn. Sometimes the door wouldn't lock behind you. The coridoor outside of the room might as well have ran through the middle of it as the sound travelled straight through the door and the walls. As for when it came to sleeping, a park bench would have offered more comfort. Think I'm over exaggerating- book yourself a room. £140.00 a night is an absolute joke, I wouldn't pay £40.00 a night.

We enjoyed leaving

AN ENJOYABLE BREAK

Due to the weather we kept the windows open and the traffic noise intrudes in the annex. Needs a bit of a make-over, but good for the money. We were always late in for breakfast so the eggs were a bit limp [the rest was fine, especially the fried bread and black pudding].

Good sized disabled ground floor room in the annex [10 yards away from the font door]. Clean. Breakfast until 10:00 a.m. Laid-back staff. Easy parking. Friends who used the swimming pool enjoyed the experience.

Restaurant food excellent. Stay really enjoyable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Shortage of staff. Breakfast good if all you want is a good old fashioned English, which by the way was excellent but very limited on alternatives e.g.. No yoghurt, pastries or jugs of water.

Good location. Staff friendly

Avoid
    • Double or Twin Room

the breakfast was very poor just sausage, bacon, egg, black pudding, beans, mushrooms, fried bread all cold, toast limited, and orange or apple juice, a choice of 4 cereals and tinned fruit. Tea or coffee that's it.

Pleasant weekent at Whoop Hall
    • Double or Twin Room

It just needs a little more tlc

Unlike the comments on Trip Adviser we found the staff friendly and helpful. Frustrated by comments which are untrue on other websites. The hotel has obviously been through a rough period, but really is trying to survive. Good luck to them

Though it needs updating and the little extras adding l would go again
    • Double or Twin Room

Small TV could do with replacing Remote barely working All areas in need of painting and updating! No shampoo or little extras in the bathroom you get to expect in hotels No iron or hair dryer in room but had hairdryer in changing room for pool! Carpets all needed cleaning Bed huge but very uncomfy and sank in the middle Breakfast was only just warm which was a shame as it was really good bacon and sausage Nice beans tomatoes Lovely coffee but everything was just lukewarm which really let the breakfast down £5.00 for Bottle Bulmers Cider and Strong bow dark fruits so £10 a round for 2 Reception is a bit of a wait if no one there! which was most of the time so you always had to go off looking for someone! Perhaps a bell might help them!

Staff lovely nothing to much trouble Very large bed Room OK Nice view Grounds lovely and very short drive to Kirby Lonsdale which is beautiful Pool very good nice and large and great changing area which was warm You need £1.00 for the locker you get back! and £1.00 for the towels but they never charged us Lovely outside area front and back to sit and have a drink Food in restaurant was lovely and very hot Good choice on menu and loads of specials on the walls Also ask as they do extra things that are not on display and not to pricey l paid £13 for stuff chicken with haggis veg and £11 for a Sunday roast which was lovely Would stay here again as beautiful area and so easy to get too

Staff at breakfast were friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room

The whole place feels dated and in need of an upgrade. Bathroom very dated. Kettle worked but on off switch broken and had to press where button would have been, is it really too much to replace a kettle. No hairdryer in room, thought that was pretty standard these days. TV remote was temperamental. Description says Country Club.... it really isn't. It's a hotel with swimming pool, which is also in need of a makeover. Weather was awful the weekend we stayed, which I appreciate is beyond all our control but had the hotel had a more comfortable feel with up to date facilities and a warm swimming pool we wouldn't have checked out a day early. We thought on the day we checked in the atmosphere was flat and we wondered if there were any other guests. Only at breakfast did we realise there were others there. Speaking of breakfast overall it was good but the mushrooms had a garlic taste to them, fine for dinner but not breakfast. WiFi only worked in bar area not in room

Staff at breakfast were friendly. Location is good

In all very disappointed and not worth the price paid (£115 ) Would not recommend to others.
    • Double or Twin Room

Size of room rather cramped and cleanliness of bathroom needed attention. There was no milk in bedroom and no toiletries in b/room.Noise from restaurant and bar disturbed our sleep until after midnight. Bar and restaurant extremely cold as staff insisted on keeping all doors open. Head bar Manager could do with a lesson in customer relationships.

Breakfast. There was nothing else to comment on

Overpriced for very basic hotel
    • Family Room

Facilities lacking - only a single power point by each bed and a double for the tv. Once we’d plugged in the baby monitor we had to unplug the tv to charge anything. Curtains weren’t lined so we had a very early start to the day No iron or hairdryer in room Bathroom very dated - bath was fine but neither me or my husband could fit in the shower cubicle

Staff were very nice (our toddler was being a bit of a terror in the evening) Location was excellent for our needs Family room was a good size with the single bed in a adjoining room

Had a one night stay but we made most of the pool and the Jacuzzi.
    • Double or Twin Room

beds were comfortable and the room and bathroom were clean. Good selection of breakfast. Quiet location and there were good views from the pub garden and rooms. Meals are of a reasonable price. The pool was clean and recommend the jacuzzi.

Basic Accommodation - Good breakfast

Property a little dated and could do with a bit of investment, but I knew this before I booked it. Staff were not visible, or particularly helpful when I found them on the day of my arrival. Shower was a luke warm trickle.

Great location on my travels. Easy to park. Great breakfast. Only one staff member at breakfast but she was helpful.

Good location for visiting Ingleton and Ingleborough.
    • Double or Twin Room

As per other comments , decor is a little dated especially in bedroom but don't let this put you off. You can walk to Devils bridge and Kirby Lonsdale but it is on a grass verge next to road, 25 mins walk downhill . Good workout for the legs.

Hotel clean and bed comfy. Staff friendly. Restaurant food very good , ate here both nights. Pool area and jacuzzi, very clean and relaxing, gym well equipped. Riverside walk very nice from Devils bridge. 10 -20 min drive and you are in Ingleton and Ingleborough, fantastic walks.

Not brilliant
    • Double or Twin Room

Firstly I came to visit and stay the night of Friday 13th July! Upon arrival I was waiting to be checked in and nobody was there at the desk! A young man then appeared and I said “ Hi I’m here to check in” he then responded “YES” and looked at me with a smirk on his face which I did not find polite one little bit, I then said “ My name is Sophie Morgan” He replied “ yeah I can’t read minds” I am disgusted with the lack of customer service skills and will not be returning, Our room was also covered in mold!! We had a Cealing full of little flies, disgusting I do hope to hear back as I am not happy

It fell a little short of what we were expecting.
    • Double or Twin Room

Mattress wasnt great. It all could do with a bit of updating and lacked a bit of atmosphere. It was fine for one night and had some good points.

Food was quite good and it had a nice outside seating area. It looked quite nice on the outside and had lots of parking. Quiet location.

They didn’t have our booking and told us we shouldn’t of...
    • Double or Twin Room

They didn’t have our booking and told us we shouldn’t of booked through booking.com. We were then put in an old room that needed a lot of refurbishment. No food served after 8pm. Poor customer service to say the least!

Friendly, comfortable and a great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Would have liked better pillows. One was very firm and rigid, the other was a bit thin

Lovely breakfast Staff helpful with showing the easiest way to take dogs from vehicle to room and back

After reading some negative reviews, we were pleasantly surprised - you get what you pay for!
    • Double or Twin Room

Lack of variety at breakfast for those who don't want the big fry up!

Pool and Spa facilities excellent, especially after a hard day walking in the Dales. Our room (no. 19) was spacious, towels were changed regularly, and problems (e.g. lack of hot water initially and non-working remote control) were fixed promptly.

Great stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The paint was coming off in the bathroom. Bed was a little hard

It's lovely. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was gorgeous! Food was fab.

The fact when there everyone else had booked it through...
    • Double or Twin Room

The fact when there everyone else had booked it through groupon £60 cheaper including 3 course meal and cream tea for 2 plus glass of prosseco 😤 also advertised as Kirby Lonsdale but over a mile walk on a busy main road with no pavement or street lights, not as advertised 😡😡

The evening meal was really lovely and it's only a short...
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff weren't friendly and quite rude, we waited ages to be seen to check in and check out. The room was very run down and nothing like the photos.

The evening meal was really lovely and it's only a short distance from the pretty village. The pool was lovely

Very pleasant! And have stayed again since and have booked for another 2 nights next month.

Bed was a bit lumpy on the second visit but I was in a single bed due to a business trip. But the room was fine.

Facilities, breakfast and location and I personally thought the food for our evening meal was very nice.

Our stay was fine but the managers attitude and manner was awful
    • Double or Twin Room

On arrival the manager was drunk and rather rude . I thought I had booked two twin rooms as my party was four men . The person on the reception desk when I said I had two twin rooms booked replied no chance ,then the manager came over saying because we booked online it only states double /twin so we had to accept what was left which was one twin and one double , he did however put a Z bed in the double room . When we asked the manager if the leisure facilities were available he just pointed at a sign above his head . Also due to his attitude we decided to eat away from the hotel on our return he commented to one of my party why didn't you just stay in town .

The breakfast was good

Okay but don't expect a warm welcome
    • Double or Twin Room

When booking in were left standing whilst they served someone at the bar and had a conversation. Evening meal was not worth the money with the pizza appearing to be a supermarket one with additional cheese put on top.

Breakfast was good with what appeared to be good quality products

Nice old place that could do with a bit of maintenance
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was old which is OK but the toilet would not flush and we used a bucket to flush. Gardens need a bit of attention

The location is easy to find and set in a rural aspect with beautiful views. Staff were helpful and courteous. Very friendly place

Cheap and cheerful

Shower in the room was really poor, like standing under a leaking gutter. Room was very dated. Avoid the breakfast mushrooms unless you love garlic!

Staff in the bar were very friendly and there was a relaxed atmosphere. It was a good location for the price for the challenge we were doing. Drinks are reasonable and most of the food we ate was good.

The food was excellent in the restaurant and plenty of it as...
    • Double or Twin Room

The food was excellent in the restaurant and plenty of it as well. The hotel was clean and tidy and the staff were pleasant. There was a lot of character about the hotel and the grounds are lovely, we did not use the spa facilities so can not comment on them but they did look good. This is a country house hotel so yes some of the floorboards creak and the walls might not be perfectly square but it is a charming hotel full of character and charm. It is is a good location for anyone doing the 3 peaks and very close to Ingleton Falls and plenty of villages and sights. If the hotel is pet friendly we certainly weren’t bothered by any pets or owners.

It was ok
    • Double or Twin Room

Being locked into the hotel corridor Our floor was locked at night so you could not get put before 7.00am Must have contravened fire regs

Food was good

Great relaxing break for our anniversary

Another night

Pleasant staff. We've read other reviews for this hotel. Some bad and others good. It depends on you folks. Be friendly, courteous and present yourself with a smile and you'll get positive results and have a great time. This was a great place with a great view for us and the pool was a delight. Yes we'd go again. Quiet at night but with character creaky floorboards. Play re pool table in the bar and have a laugh.

The local area is beautiful. I will certainly visit that area again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Food was poorly cooked. outside seating areas could have been brightened up with a few colorful plants instead of dead ones. Passing traffic noise during the night made for sleepless nights.

Staff welcoming. Bedrooms,clean and comfortable. Indoor pool is a good selling point

over priced but great area
    • Double or Twin Room

food is great and friendly staff

The food is the best part of this hotel, staff are great but if you want a quite or comfortable place to stay it's not this. It's a dog friendly place but when dog owners start walking there dogs at 04:00 and staying on the first floor you think you out of the way from dogs. Not only the dogs were barking most of the morning and kept in there rooms on their own.

Only "whoop" we had was when we left!
    • Double or Twin Room

Having booked a double room online didnt appreciate the fact that once we arrived and being the last to check in, we were given a twin room as we were unaware that the hotel seemed to operate on a first come first served basis!, upon questioning this we were met with a very rude response from who we assumed was the owner, was given room 11, which felt to us like the worst room in the hotel, very dusty and cobwebs everywhere, having moved the beds to make a double discovered even more filth underneath, one was broken, very scruffy furniture, mould in the bathroom, shower virtually unusable, no facilities in the room other than a tv with a dodgy remote, and a kettle with tea/coffee supplied however good luck trying to find a decent sugar sachet that isn't damp and stuck together, curtains didnt fit the window and floorboards were so loose you could feel people walking outside the corridor which also woke you up at night. Was not what we were expecting for the price of a night.

The cooked breakfast was good as long as thats what you like as there wasn't many other options.

The location was lovely with stunning views but wouldnt stay there again.

We were surprised at the poor quality of the bathroom. The room was a superior room with a four poster bed. The bathroom was awful with no shower or shower attachment on the bath. No toiletries available only a multi purpose bottle of hand and bath wash. There was a dressing table with a swing mirror that wouldnt stay in place. There wasnt a stool to the dressing table so we had to stand upto use it. The condition of the bedroom furniture was poor, scratched etc. The cushions on the bed should have been thrown away, the covers were ripped and looked dirty and very old. The whole place looked tired and desperately in need of upgrading.

We were delighted by the evening meal. The cheese souffle was memorable and we all enjoyed our food choices. The service was very good. Breakfast was good too but I didnt know anyone ate tinned fruit cocktail any more. Some fresh fruit and yoghurt would have been welcome. The staff were very friendly and accomodating, providing hairdryers on request.

manager or owner a bit roude rest of the staff were nice...
    • Double or Twin Room

manager or owner a bit roude rest of the staff were nice & polite, also the place in general was very dirty specially the carpets in our bedroom and the cover material of the seating in the bar area

Pretty good
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was very near the main road, although admittedly the traffic noise died almost completely at night, so it was not a problem sleeping. The pool information sheet failed to inform us that opening hours on bank holidays were as for Sundays, so I got up for an early swim and had to wait around for three-quarters of an hour. The breakfast fruit offering was probably out of a tin... However, I could not blame the hardworking and helpful catering staff, who seemed to be coping with inadequate numbers.

The room and en suite were spacious, clean and comfortable. There was generous checking in and checking out time. The swimming pool was lovely, large and with splendid views. Mostly the breakfast was good and when I asked for another table to avoid a noisy speaker, the manager immediately turned the Muzak off altogether, which was bliss. The hotel was conveniently situated and easy to locate.

Modern day Faulty Towers

Vary very tired rooms, towels with holes in, last food order 8pm. No Idea relating to our booking I may have paid for three rooms not just two no one able to confirm at check out no one there to clarify what you have paid for and no enquirey as to how was your stay I presume because they already know the answer

The food was reasonable and varied.

Relaxing but expensive
    • Double or Twin Room

Was advised 8 was last time for food but people were still coming in at 9, drink was expensive and food not as good as last time

Liked the leisure facilities

Ideal location and set up for people doing the Yorkshire Three Peaks!
    • Double or Twin Room

Needed a taxi to get to town and there weren’t many options

Ideal for 4 guys doing the three peaks. Good food, nice leisure facilities. They even made us a packed lunch as we we were leaving too early for breakfast.

Enjoyed our stay, leisure facilities were good, but room was average and evening meal poor
    • Double or Twin Room

Very poor value main courses in the restaurant (frozen or tinned veg, game stew more like thin soup), tinned fruit at breakfast (most decent places serve fresh fruit ) poor shower in en suite, stained blanket

Leisure facilities, comfortable sitting and bar area, friendly waiter/receptionist, comfortable beds, great pudding in restaurant

Fabulous stay

Turned electric off in room from 10 before we checked out

The facilities , brilliant service , restaurant server was fab he was such a laugh , great location and lovely food as well , defiantly go again

-It met ALL our needs the food was excellent, as were the staff and amenities, would highly r
    • Double or Twin Room

It would be out of order to comment on not liking anything because it was very good value overall.

The breakfast lacked a few things that I would normally expect but overall was excellent value, we ate out so I can't comment on the evening meals.

bad experience would not recomend this hotel I feel i should receive as this was not value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

not suitable for disabled person as asked for, shower and toilet area not clean no handles in shower shower head far to high and not ajustable no phone or hair dryer room not not hovered through stay

not much

only stayed 1 night thankfully, manager could do with people skills
    • Double or Twin Room

room very dated interior ,not all lights working ,TV remote didn't work, radiators shabby rusty on one of them top was falling apart ,crack in sink :(

Lovely stay at the Whoop Hall Hotel and will be visiting again soon!
    • Double or Twin Room

Lighting in room could have been a little better but that's all.

Stayed in room no. 19 - very spacious and comfortable and would consider asking for this room again for our next stay. Location of hotel was beautiful. Really nice to sit out in the back garden area with a morning coffee.

Over priced for the age of hotel, needs a refurb!
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is desperate for the rooms to be re furbished. The shower was appalling I am exhausted from running around trying to get wet! The bathroom is old, avocado green. Bedroom old fashioned and uncomfortable beds. Should be charging half for what it is.

Good location and to be fair clean

3 day family break.
    • Family Room

Could feel every spring in the Mattresses. Cleaning was very poor, Maintenance of fixtures was poor, To much chlorine in the pool, Leak to ceiling in bedroom and the bathroom, Room very cold (radiators needed bleeding), Leak to toilet when flushed, Food was excellent however the drinks were over priced, Staff were very friendly, Sorry for the negative but factual comments, we are not people that over expect,however we do like to feel like we have got what we paid for, If the hotel spent some time on quality of cleaning and fittings / fixtures, it would be an excellent place.

Location is perfect and the place itself could be a gold mine with a little TLC.

A good place but needs some work
    • Family Room

Decor in the family room was very dated and definitely needed redecorating. WiFi didn’t reach our room, but was working in bar and restaurant area.

The pool and gym facilities were good, but we didnt use the equipment. Bar area was great and staff were very pleasant and helpful. A good location for us while we were travelling through the area.

The receptionist was rude and abrupt on a few occasions
    • Double or Twin Room

The receptionist was rude and abrupt on a few occasions We wanted a little drink of fizz in our room and he refused to let us have two wine glasses !

6.0
    The staff are pleasant . I was warm and comfortable and felt welcome .I would have liked fresh fruit

The shower did not work . I would have likes a chair in my room .There was no anti slip mat in the bath . Part of the stairway has no hand rail and the bannisters are quite dirty .

Relaxed in a beautiful setting
    • Double or Twin Room

Just needs a touch of TLC on the cleaning front. However this has not put us off and we would stay here again.

Fantastic space in a great location. Staff helpful and the room lovely and comfortable. Wish we could have stayed for more then 1 night

Great location, friendly staff and great leisure facilities.
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower did not work very well in bedroom. Water supply poor. Good quality breakfast ingredients but sadly they were cold.

Very friendly,relaxed environment. Great pool and facilities in leisure centre. Super view over fells from bedroom window.