Reviews of Thorpe Park Hotel and Spa - A Thwaites Hotel and Spa 4 stars

1150 Century Way, Thorpe Park, Leeds, LS15 8ZB, United Kingdom

#8 of 45 hotels in Leeds

Some areas of spa - lounging areas could be cleaner but nothing too bad. Breakfast should be included in price as already quite expensive room only.

Evening food was amazing. Stayed room only - would have liked breakfast in the price. Spa facilities good and generally clean. Not much to do in walking distance. Overall enjoyed our stay.

Thought it was a little overpriced.

The room was well equipped, bed very comfy and nice miniature products in the bathroom. Good facilities. Breakfast was good, wide choice available.

• Family Room

staff were really friendly, the room was brilliant, complimentary robes, slippers, milk and water. Didn't get around to using the Spa, but would come back just for this!

Hotel in a good location, easy to find. Nice clean, comfortable hotel with good facilities including a spa. Staff very friendly and helpful. Ate in the bar which had a good choice of food and was very tasty. Good choice for breakfast too. Would stay again.

It's in an odd location in a business park right next to M1.. 6 miles out of town.. a little pricey for room rate and breakfast /restaurants were really expensive .. had to pay to park despite being out of town ..it was ok but no more than that

Nice enough room, pool area nice too.. staff were pleasant

The whole stay from arrival to check out was absolutely faultless. The room and facilities were amazing and the complimentary use of the spa is fantastic! Amazing hotel. We shall definitely return. It felt like we were on holiday!

AIR CON WAS ON 20C ALL THE TIME - WAS WARM BUT JUST LEFT WINDOWS OPEN AS I COULDNT ADJUST THIS FOOD WAS EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT YOU GOT, DRINKS EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE

SPACIOUS ROOM, WELL SET OUT WITH FRIDGE AND FRESH MILK DAILY.

The only thing I could mark down was the loose tap in the bathroom but it still worked just was a bit fiddly

Really friendly staff and the facilities were great

Booking through booking.com did not work and I was not actually booked in and they were not aware of my reservation. Luckily they had a spare room and upgraded it with a free breakfast

The only issue was my massage wasn’t great, lovely lovely lady but for £45 I didn’t feel I benefitted

Absolutely perfect.... what a find. Can’t Recommend it enough. We needed a break from the rat race and being parents... also attended a gig in Leeds taxis £10. Loved it

Best hotel I’ve stayed in uk everything you needed was in room staff fantastic would highly recommend to friends family thank you for a brilliant stay 😁

• Family Room

Being asked to pay for dinner and breakfast which we had already paid for, luckily we had recipes. Left a bad feeling after an otherwise pleasant visit.

Waiting staff were very pleasant.

The setting wasn't the best but that is minor.

The room was beautiful and clean. The bed was firm but cosy and I loved that with firm but supportive pillows. All the little extras in the room were super. Food in the restaurant was gorgeous and well presented. The staff were great; very friendly and helpful, but also professional and were a strong aspect of the hotel.

The breakfast wasn't for me I like more of a unhealthy breakfast lol

The bed was amazing can't wait to stay again also love the pool and sauna area

We wanted to relax in the pool.etc on Sunday morning however there were quite a few children present, which would've been fine on a family break away but this time was for myself and husband to relax away from our children!

Our room was lovely, with added unique details e.g. plate for straightening irons, sofa to sit on, pop up mirror for dressing table.

Expensive. Bigger portions needed in restaurant.

Staff were absolutely amazing! We stayed for our two year anniversary. They gave us a lovely card and drinks on arrival. Facilities were well worth the money. Defintely would go back.

The breakfast quality was not nice for the price and waiter was very rude. I would rate the breakfast a 2/10 - My partner had the full continental breakfast (which she said was horrible, watery scrambled eggs, barely any selection) I ordered a porridge from the breakfast staff and she did not tell me that it was part of the 'continental breakfast'. Normally during a buffet breakfast, all the food is out and if you order something, it is coming from a menu. There was no porridge out on the buffet tables. So, when it came time to pay the waiter charged me for a full continental breakfast of £15.95 when I had ONE bowl of porridge - and when I asked why is it that much, and why didn't the waitress tell me it was not on a separate menu? He was very rude and said "Does not matter what you order, it's all the same price" Didn't even say oh I'm sorry for the miscommunication, etc . And on top of it, my partner had already paid for her breakfast when she checked-in and he tried to charge her too. Completely appalled by this service of a so-called 4-star hotel - it's one thing to £15.95 for breakfast, but if you order from the waitress it's just not acceptable and they are accountable for informing you. You should specify that even if you order from the waitress it's coming from the continental breakfast, not a menu. I would like a refund. To top it off after breakfast - I booked a massage for 9 am the day before, had my train back to London for 10:45 am and the lady was late by half an hour, so I didn't even get to have my full massage. Not to mention it wasn't even good quality for the price.

Nothing was to fault but if I had to pick something some of the places could do with some more modern decorations.

Love the pool area, the lights make it look so relaxing! The late check out on a Sunday makes it even better!

• Family Room

Service within the courtyard was very slow. Having entered at 7:30pm I had to wait 5 minutes to be allocated seating, I then had to wait a further 10 minutes to get a drinks order. Having ordered a burger, I then had to remind staff after 35 minutes to find out where my food order was . I also had a problem with my bedroom window sticking open on a cold night. There were some major roadworks outside that added an unexpected 10 minutes to my journey time.

• Family Room

The family above making too much noise that we had to move rooms at 22.45 The fire alarm going off & having to evacuate No sincere apologies from the reception Housekeeping putting the tv on & 08.30 when we were still sleeping

Relaxing

Receptionist not very welcoming and friendly. Pillows were too soft for my liking.

Comfy beds, good spa facilities and massage. Delicious food! Friendly and welcoming staff

It took me 30 mins to get out of the car park on Thursday afternoon, not your fault I appreciate but I would recommend you talk to someone responsible for the roadworks as it was absolute chaos

the hotel is very nice as come 3/4 times a year.. the food lovely..pool fab only gripe is theres too many young staff without supervision...and each time we go prices creeping up and portions getting smaller!

We put honeymoon stay on the extra notes when we booked it as we came straight from our wedding venue. Therefore, it would have been nice to have done something extra special for us... e.g. extra night... free drinks/food... good discount off spa treatments... flowers in the room. Anything.

Thought the spa and pool were awesome and the hotel was great

People were noisy running up the corridor outside our room between 11pm and 1am, there was a wedding on, so the hotel was busy.

The jacuzzi was nice and hot . Also the room was very nice.

Bed sheets were scratchy & pillow were too soft In the first room the aircon only heated the room. They turned the heater off & thought that was acceptable. I requested to be moved. In the 2nd room the aircon only went down to 22 degrees we had to switch if off & open the windows which meant we had to listen to traffic noise all night. The hotel is in a very noisy location. In previous years the hotel has been great, but this year it was very uncomfortable.

The staff are lovely. It was convenient for the family get together we were attending locally.

Room was not clean we had to call reception cause the bath was filthy. I hated the pillows to soft for me. Receptionist could smile abit more tho.

The spa was amazing i could see why it was very busy. I ordered room service and the deserts were amazing.

Didnt know that room service and telephone numbers where on the tv, could of been told on check. Looking all over room for a book lol.

Friendly, clean and helpful staff.

Restaurant wasn’t very comfortable, staff were polite but the service was appalling, waited 50 minutes for the main course and the cheese board we ordered never appeared. Waited for the bill but no staff were in restaurant, the restaurant manager gave us a free drink for the inconvenience but the service ruined our night.

Very nice room, spa/gym and bar

The hotel was very clean, bed was very comfy . Facilities were excellent. Only thing we didn't book a spa treatment until we got there And there wasn't many slots available book in advance.

The hotel still has it's WOW effect. There was a lovely live fire on the way in and the reception staff were prompt and helpful. We visited the Spa, had treatments and chilled in the surroundings. Having stayed in a lot of hotels, I was impressed by the rooms due to the fresh decor, the facilities and comfort of the beds. Finally, we had dinner and breakfast at the hotel which was delicious and value for money.

Restaurant was pretentious. First sat by a cold window then at a table in the dark but there were many other tables free. Needs a good head waiter or experienced front of house. Breakfast was short on choice.

Swimming pool was a good size and temperature.

not applicable

The food was spectacular,room service was quick,brilliant customer service,facilities were enjoyable,Cleanliness was excellent,bed comfy definitely will be coming back.

The number of hen party groups.

The only downside was the hen parties/wedding party members. They were quite loud and we were unfortunate enough to have a group of girls in the room next door making quite a lot of noise at almost midnight. We were staying for a relaxing weekend and using the spa facilities so the noise at that time was very annoying! However, my partner called reception to ask if they could speak to the people next door and we had no further trouble which was greatly appreciated.

I didn’t like the pillows, they were thick but as soon as you put your head on them they went really flat and smothered your face. Other than that everything was perfect.

I loved how attentive and lovely all the staff were and how easy it was to check in and find everything and check out.

The breakfast was poor, the staff were loud. I now know about a member of staff middle name and why he was named Scott after Neighbours and that one of the staff hates her job and the other loves Canada for holidays. They spent ages moving chairs and screeching them over the tiled floor. The corridors were noisy and the insulation was poor.

Superior room was nice and big, with sofa, nice desk for work. Also, good coffee machine and a pint of milk in the fridge which is a nice touch. Good Espa products

Poor service. Roadworks our the front causing disruption and traffic issues. Location is a real pain if you don’t drive. Room service food is poor.

• Family Room

In the middle of nowhere you need to have a car to get there The young British lady with fluent English at the reception when check in and out She is very professional but unfriendly I would say almost arrogant Not a smile or any kind of friendliness towards hotel guests

Beautiful clean great spa very friendly staff in the restaurant

• Family Room

Nothing could have been better, everything was just perfect!

The bed was unbelievably comfortable, myself and my partner quite literally slept on a cloud like a baby! The room was perfect with waters, tea and coffee. We were welcomed with an anniversary card written to us as it was our anniversary. The food was absolutely unbelievable as well as the breakfast. The staff was extremely welcoming and the fascilities were 10/10 steam room, colour therapy sauna and the pool as well as the jacuzzi, a great amount of fascilities to rotate for many hours. Will definitely be coming back again and again 100% worth the money had an amazing time :) The location was also perfect, fast food/ restaurants widely available 1 minute walk away!

Lots of little issues, which added up to being annoying. The toilet in the room kept running on, when you flushed it, the water just wouldn't stop running, and was noisy. The radio in the room didn't work. The view is of a car park for £109 per night. The spa - they offer membership to externals - so it was packed with rowdy groups of locals, shouting across the pool to each other, and monopolizing the sauna, whirlpool etc. Due to this also, all fitness classes are fully booked and unavailable for hotel guests. The coffee machine in room - the "Lungo" button didn't work. The window, when opened, then jammed open and I couldn't shut it. On arriving to the 2nd floor room, the entry card didn't work, so I had to walk all the way down again to get them to reactivate it. Room was dimly lit, with not much natural light. It's in an industrial estate next to the motorway, so don't expect pretty landscapes or views. Overall, it wasn't worth £109 per night, and I was very disappointed, as I was expecting a really nice hotel and spa experience.

Parking was available at the property. It was well signposted to find it, when arriving from the motorway. Breakfast was good. They put free bottles of water in your room. The room has a kettle, cups, fresh milk, tea, coffee, a fridge, an ironing board, wardrobe, coffee maker (pods are included). Wifi was fast.

We stayed on Christmas Eve and we called for room service at 8.40pm knowing we could not order past 9pm. Unfortunately nobody was answering until 9.01pm when they told us it was too late!?

Really lovely hotel from start to finish. Great room, easy parking, gorgeous lobby area and helpful staff. Customer service at its best. We would definitely come here again- the best hotel we have stayed in in Leeds.

Seemed more focused towards business travellers rather than leisure travellers

Spacious room, lovely spa, real milk in fridge (not uht), great warming open fire in reception

Only set back had to wait for specific items at breakfast ehich we didnt get.This was an oversight with kitchen staff.

Everything. The staff, facilities and location

Struggled to warm the room up as the air con room stat did not work correctly.Admittedly cold temperatures outside but got the feeling most of the hotel did not appear warm either.

A large parking area.Beautiful room with a lovely comfy bed and a nice bathroom/shower facilities.Modern appliances such as TV,fridge,iron and coffee maker.Pool was warm and a good size plus the gym was tidy and clean.Overall enjoyed our stay.

Super friendly staff, especially at Breakfast. Easy to find off the motorway. Clean and modern hotel. First time at a Thwaites and made a refreshing change from similar hotels. Location appears a little odd as in a the middle of a trading estate. However, no need to have been concerned as the Hotel was fabulous.

Long walk to room from reception. Milk in fridge was a nice touch, but when I poured it out it was curdled. Service alternated between not-very-friendly (reception) and obsequious (restaurant). £3 overnight parking fee was annoying (why not free?). Signs throughout hotel boasted of fast wi-fi, but it was at times very slow indeed. Above all, I thought hotel was really expensive for what it offered. Access was difficult because of road works (not the hotel's fault, and presumably only short-term).

Large room, coffee machine (though I'd never heard of the brand), comfy bed, really good desk/chair for working on (much better than most hotels). Recycling bins in room. Swimming-pool looked reasonable size (though I didn't use it).

When I requested more than hangers as only had 6 for 3 if us. Reported that the safe didn’t work no response. My partner cut his toe quite badly in the swimming pool area & this spoilt our time away as we spent a lot of time walking.

LOved the beds the decor & the restaurant

We were unable to eat in the restaurant on Saturday evening as it was full, so ended up having to find a local restaurant after 11 hours at work. Not what i expect!! Bar drinks expensive.

Quality of the rooms

Hotel wouldn't take a debit card, insisting that a credit card be used to charge anything to my room. Given that I don't possess a credit card I had to pay for everything throughout the day which proved very tiresome when I was in the spa, having to keep my wallet in the locker and keep going back and forwards to get cash for drinks e.t.c.

Spa facilities & restaurant were very good, contributing to a totally relaxing break

Bit noisy.

Served our purpose well and close to the M1. Was a bit concerned about a girls night out that was happening out but wasn't too bad. The location was probably the best feature. Didn't use the pool or spa which looked OK.

It was really busy and we didn't feel like we could relax in the spa as there were children running around.

The hotel was beautiful inside, the beds were so comfy and breakfast was lovely!

On checking in was told I could either put a credit card in the room or show my signed room card holder to purchase items. As in a pre paid party didn't feel need for the credit card option. When in the spa there was a coffee machine behind the - which I assumed would be complimentary for guests - but it wasn't. I was refused one as had not put my credit card in my room and had no cash with me although I did have my signed room card holder with me. Wasn't impressed with that. Plus to say it's a spa I see pushing it - it's a small pool , hot tub, sauna and steam room just as you'd get in a gym - no other extra facilities. It is used a ps a gym for locals as was filled with numerous screaming children.

Good sized clean rooms - decent hairdryer supplied, two bottle of water and fresh milk in the fridge and a coffee machine.

The portions in the restaurant could be a little bit bigger, but still really impressive overall !!

The whole stay was just perfect! An absolutely amazing hotel ... one of the best I have stayed in for a very long time!

Reception staff were very lovely, but seemed to take quiet a while checking people in. I do not begrudge anyone asking someone the purpose of their stay and being friendly etc, but when I'm stood for around 10 minutes and someone is having a full blown conversation with a customer after they have checked them in, it becomes quiet frustrating.

Spa, Pool, Room, Car Park, noise and general visual appeal of the hotel was wonderful, from the wonderful view of the actual building to the wonderful reception and pool views.

Was annoyed to find out on our return to the hotel that it operated a no cash policy after 11pm and spa nice I was not informed of this I didn't take cash with me ??? I then had to return to my room for my debit card and then had to be charged each time I had drink due to no tab policy ??? I expressed my feeling to the bar man who was disinterested and said nothing he could do as they cash up at 11 strange in a 24 hour bar ??? I found it strange that I could not charge it to my room like most good hotels do which is work on trust policy ??? And then after 2pm we then had to sit at the bar and call someone on the phone to get a drink even thought there was half dozen people in the bar ??? The other thing that I found annoying is the menu in the room said no room service after 9pm on Sunday yet while in the bar food was been taken to rooms so again no informed ?! I found this annoying and insulting that you have a cash up front policy when no one s knows ???

room and spa

All rooms seem to have a step or ledge across the room . This was difficult with children who were sleeping on the lower area and fell out of the bed into a small area between bed and step . Had to use pillows and cushions to fill gaps .

Pool was excellent .good service and choice at breakfast . Children given treats in fridge and milk and cookies at bed time,. Appreciated fresh milk for tea . Coffee machine seemed a good idea but didn't work well. Shower in bathroom excellent. Maids very helpful.

seemed to be a lack of supervision in the restaurant which led to lengthy waits for orders to be taken and our table t be cleared. Staff were very willing but seemed to be inexperienced and lacking in basic waitress/ waiter skills , which I found surprising for a 4* hotel

everything

Room was very warm even with windows open. Orange peelings in spa could be cleared away.

Staff and service were excellent. All staff were very friendly. Room was comfortable and loved the touches like fresh milk, complimentary bottled water, robes and slippers. Also loved fresh fruit available in the spa.

Restaurant would not give my wife a jug of gravy as they have it. I spoken to the Manager and she sort it out. It should not have been necessary me to complaint .

Hotel was good .Bedroom was good .swiming was very good.

the first room we were in was in the middle of a hen party and had music on to loud, this problem was resolved straight away.

The location was fantastic! me and my wife had been to Leeds for the day, location was great for us, just out of Leeds city centre and good access to the motorway. I wasn't happy with the Room so Robert on the front desk moved us straight away into another that suited our needs. The meal in the restaurant was brilliant, you must try the bread and butter pudding.

Add breakfast to the price of the room as I found the additional cost slightly off putting however I would definitely stay again

The staff, as they were so friendly and helpful

The staff were incredibly kind, helpful and friendly - everyone one of them. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was outstanding and the facilities really lovely

Waited almost 10 mins check in (it was 1120pm) but the hotel advertises a night reception.

Room very spacious and comfortable. Coffee machine and fresh milk without having to ask. Good breakfast. Meeting/training facilities excellent - one of the best I've used.

• Family Room

Breakfast £15.25 far too expensive and glass of wine £7.25!!!!!

To be honest we were at rock Leeds festival so didn't get to hotel until 11.30pm so didn't have a chance to use facilities and breakfast was too expensive to buy so didn't eatthere

• Family Room

Website could have been clearer about layout of rooms. We booked a family room to achieve 2 separate beds, when we could have booked a twin room.

Liked little details like complimentary fresh milk & water in the fridge, robe & slippers. Quite large rooms & in a fairly quiet area, but 5-10 minutes walk to bar, restaurant & shops.

WiFi signal very poor considering the price of accommodation. Price of alcohol very expensive. Breakfast not to good standard.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Pool was good.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Only criticism is of the appalling state of the access road, which is not the hotel's responsibility. Hopefully it will be repaired soon!

High quality hotel, with spacious and comfortable room. We particularly liked the Spa, which was well-equipped and easy to access. All the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Not having a bottle opener in the room and having to ask twice for one to be bought up to be used.

Location & facilities were excellent as always; rooms comfortable and spacious.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

seem unable to get a receipt at this hotel these days. paid in morning on card without a receipt that was meant to be emailed. never received it, so have to chase it. this would put me off staying here again. and I am a regular customer.

T.V and Radio in room did not work. Service in the restaurant was very good but waiting times for food were long given that we were the only people in it.

Very helpful staff, clean facilities and nice room. Spa facilities are very good and well looked after.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

The only thing I could pick up on was the smell coming from the drains in the showers in the ladies changing room by the pool.

The staff in all areas were friendly, polite and helpful. The hotel itself,though fully booked seemed quiet and serene, a very pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Family Room

requested early check in, they said they would try but didn't feel like they had tried very hard to accommodate

staff were polite, room clean and tidy

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

The rooms were big clean modern and comfortable with everything you would need and more and the hotel itself was nice with a light Mediterranean style indoor courtyard. The Spa facilities were good and available for use from early until late. Food in the restaurant was delicious and the bar had a wide selection of drinks. The staff in every area from reception to the restaurant and Spa made our stay special they were friendly polite attentive and efficient.

Very comfortable, quiet room , £10 by uber into Leeds centre, and free parking at the hotel. Good value! Spa looked great but we did not have time to use.