Reviews of Three-Cranes 2 stars

9.7

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Great stay
    • Double Room with Garden View

Wifi was fine for email but a bit slow to watch streamed content

It was a lovely pub in a beautiful village. Dinner and breakfast were delicious and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. I would definitely stay again

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

We were tired - and they welcomed us. We were hungry - and they fed us.
    • Double Room with Garden View

There was nothing that we did not like

The Three Cranes, it’s location, interior decor,etc, bedroom, facilities, cleanliness, staff, choice and quality of food and wine were in all respects excellent. We shall book in again when next travelling in that direction.

Our anniversary weekend....fabulous!
    • Double Room with Garden View

Just the bed was a bit soft.

The ONLY thing that was the slightest bit poor was the bed was too soft for me.....but as this is subjective and different for everyone...in no way is this a complaint. The room was fabulous.....no noise from next door room at all.....no noise from garden either....the pub lovely...the staff literally couldn't do enough for us and the breakfasts were simply excellent. Would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

A very enjoyable stay in top class accommodation

Nothing to dislike

The accommodation was faultless and easily up to the standard of a 4/5 star establishment. The breakfast was great with excellent personal service. It was a joy to have stayed there and it is highly recommended.

Perfect lovely place
    • Double Room with Garden View

Some of the local clientele sat outside at night their use of language and descriptions of toilet and sexual functions were undesirable we aren’t easily offended but others could be especially with children

Perfect for our needs

I would certainly recommend this Hotel. Great Location clean and tidy. Polite and friendly staff.

Price. Bed could have been quieter! And maybe a little comfier! But I suppose that's done to personal preference.

Wonderful location, polite helpful staff. Good choice for breakfast. Can't comment on pub grub as didn't try..

Felt like I was staying in my own little cottage
    • Double Room with Garden View

There is nothing we can think of. Did report that the sink plug needed cleaning/unblocking, but that is nothing.

Stayed in the garden annexe. What a wonderful little place. Peaceful village. Really comfortable bed and we slept like logs. Really clean with a large shower. Refreshments in the room and everything you could possible need. We had a lovely breakfast with all local produce. A real village butcher next door! The ideal place to come if stressed. The pub itself was modern and clean and we sat by the window with the sun streaming in. Will definitely be back as soon as possible.

The shower.
    • Double Room with Garden View

The shower. Big enough for a small party and powerful enough to jetwash with. I don't normally bother with reviews but this place deserved one.

Well appointed newly refurbished room, spotlessly clean,...
    • Double Room with Garden View

Well appointed newly refurbished room, spotlessly clean, everything worked. Good menu, all freshly prepared, minor variations to the dishes were no problem. Good selection of reasonably priced wines. Topped off by great service.

Great night celebrating our 25th anniversary
    • Double Room with Garden View

Room was cold when arrived but soon warmed up

The great thing about our stay was with out requesting anything in advance the staff seemed to realise that it was a couple on valentines night staying and our accommodation was secluded yet with easy access to amenities which really helped the stay which we have had problems with other places on night stays in the past Thank you very much to everyone at the Three Cranes

peace and comfort in a beautiful village
    • Double Room with Garden View

great welcome , relaxed atmosphere ,, lovely staff . Well planned bedroom , masses of storage , hooks in the right places , lots of variety on the hospitality tray , warm and cosy The waiting staff were great , warm and polite . .

Great location in a comfortable friendly pub in a very pretty village.

It would be lovely to have the option of a feather pillow.

Staff were happy to serve breakfast earlier than usual on Saturday morning, it was delicious and done with a smile. This pub with rooms is centrally located in a picture postcard pretty village; almost like the Cotswolds. Despite the rooms being above a pub I had no problems with out of hours noise. Large, clean and comfortable room.

Owners Cliff and Hayley were perfect hosts and the local...
    • Double Room with Garden View

Owners Cliff and Hayley were perfect hosts and the local customers at the Three Cranes were really friendly and welcoming, as were the residents of Turvey village. Definately will be visiting again.

Excellent place and will definitely be going again.

Nothing all excellent

We arrived early evening, the staff were all very friendly and a very nice lady showed us to our two rooms which were spotless. The beds were very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was excellent and plenty of it. Would recommend it to anyone and will definitely go back again.

I had a garden room which was a good size and had a very...

I had a garden room which was a good size and had a very comfortable bed, The shower room was also a good size and spotless. The manager and all the staff were very polite and nothing was to much trouble, even moving one of their cars for me to park in a larger space. The breakfast was excellent. The Hotel was only about ten minutes from Santa Pod raceway

Cliff and all of staff very helpful and accomodating.

If given the choice, next time we would prefer to stay in a room above the pub, rather in the new rooms in the annexe. The twin room our sons stayed in, in the pub building, was a generous size, with a huge bathroom...all newly refurbished. Also, the wifi in our annexe room didn't work...obviously needs an extension to the router. However, you could go to the main building where it worked perfectly, so, this wasn't really a major problem. Perfect for stay and food.

Cliff and all of staff very helpful and accomodating. Lovely evening meal in the restaurant the day we arrived, with 4 other family members. Great food and service. Very good breakfast with lots of choice and all requests responded to with efficiency and charm...Heather I believe. We were there with our two adult sons, for a family wedding in Bedford, so ideal for access to the town.Had a great 2 night stay.

a delightful hideaway for a peaceful break
    • Double Room with Garden View

The room was in a peaceful little annex overlooking the beer garden. All the facilities were excellent, the bed comfy, shower hot and powerful, lots of coffee and tea. We chose a lovely tapas-style dinner from the menu and were delighted. Breakfast was as delicious. A perfect stay in a picture-postcard village. Thank you

Excellent value, nice rooms, stunning village, friendly...

Found a few stains on the bed sheets which was a little off putting. They were laundered and clean & I just turned them around but should be checked. Also, a big concern for me was that the Internet connection is terrible & this should be made clear. I did move rooms but still struggled.

Excellent value, nice rooms, stunning village, friendly people and an amazing breakfast.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Better than most !
    • Double Room with Garden View

As a business traveller I rely on wifi for work and on this occasion even though it was advertised as "free wifi" what it didn't say was in "public areas only" Disappointed. I did speak to the manager who assured me that this issue was being addressed this month. Would I stay there again ? yes ! but only if the wifi is sorted!

The general atmosphere was one of calm with good service and although somewhat pretentious menus, good quality well cooked food. The rooms were well presented, clean with nice beds and good showers.

brilliant

The B & B was amazing. Clean, fresh and quiet. The bed was really comfy. Excellent value for money. The customer service was fab and breakfast delicious. I couldn't think of a single bad thing to say, would 100% recommend and will defanitely be back

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Very Comfortable .... Marks out of ten !
    • Double Room with Garden View

I was staying for work and unfortunately the Garden room I was in did not have either any Wi-Fi connectivity or any (EE) mobile network connectivity which meant further contact with the outside world was severely muted. That said... would I stay again: Yes, absolutely.

Very comfortable stay overall. The room was modern, clean, quiet and the bed very comfortable. Bathroom was large and spotless with plenty of hot water and a nice big shower. The evening menu was broad and the food very good and the breakfast was excellent. The staff were friendly and welcoming and were happy to accommodate an early breakfast for me. Really couldn't fault it at all.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Lovely countryside retreat- great room, food and people.

I don't know if it was my tech but I struggled to connect to wifi in my room which did make doing my emails in the morning a tad tricky. Maybe not the most convenient place for business travellers but I'll be back for a leisure stay soon.

Wish I had been able to spend a little longer there. Lovely countryside area with friendly locals. The staff were welcoming and accomodating when I arrived and helped me out throughout my stay. I ate dinner sat by a log burner when I arrived and it was delicious and reaosnably priced. The room was spacious and quiet and everything looked clean and new. Breakfast the next morning was the cherry on top- locally sourced food and a great set up for my day.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Heavenly beds.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Great bathroom but only slight criticism is that the shower head doesn't seem to bend so you have to either hold it or it just sprays sideways onto wall or screen. We came in after 12 but the washing machine was being run, (next door?) so the bathroom was so noisy plus you could feel vibrations across the floor and from the bed. Not a problem for us as we were getting ready for bed but I think if you were already in bed it would be very annoying.

Great place would highly recommend, very friendly helpful staff, ultra comfy beds, great breakfast and the whole place was so clean. Would have no hesitation in coming back or recommending to friends.

All the staff were so accommodating and went out of their...
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

All the staff were so accommodating and went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Great choice on menu. Rooms very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

It was a great place to stay.

Softer Bed.

Staff was very pleasant and very helpful. We would recommend it to others.

the room, staff and food was excellent

the room, staff and food was excellent

Enjoyable and relaxing stay at a welcoming and interesting inn.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Welcoming atmosphere. Caring staff. Excellent breakfast.

Cleaned modern

No fan in the Room and it was too hot without

Cleaned modern

Nice location, pretty village and nice room.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Had a steak which could have been a bit better quality

Nice location, pretty village and nice room.

Definitely NOT topsey Turvey just TOP!

Lovely staff and great food.Great choice of beers !!

Beyond expectations

Another chair in room

Helpful staff Excellent breakfast Lovely food We will definitely stay again!

Very nice

Drinks, food and local cabs more expensive then I expected.

Very clean, comfortable and friendly

The staff was ever so helpful and the food was delicious.
    • Double Room with Garden View

The staff was ever so helpful and the food was delicious.

Just right.

Room was a little cool on arrival , soon warmed up tho'.

Everything was just right for us . My wife loved the breakfast pancakes and bacon.

Spot on
    • Double Room with Garden View

Everything, staff and hospitality x

As in previous positive statement
    • Double Room with Garden View

Very courteous and friendly staff with immaculate facilities

The only negative I have is that there is no lifts, and I am...

The only negative I have is that there is no lifts, and I am disabled, and I had not asked them if they could facilitate me.

All fine for the price range.

Room walls are very thin - could hear every noise from adjacent bedroom and bathroom

All fine for the price range. Good breakfast

A real gem far enough away from the hustle and bustle. Top class food.

Spotless room with all the comforts. Relaxing dining area.

Very good for a night or two in the area.

Newly renovated 2017

lovely staff, lovely room.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

lovely staff, lovely room.

Relaxed atmosphere, comfortable rooms

Comfortable room, good food, great staff

An excellent overnight stop which we would definitely use again

The bedroom was extremely clean and comfortable

Lovely pub in picturesque village

Spotlessly clean room and shower, comfy bed.

Spacious comfy room with modern stylish bathroom.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Spacious comfy room with modern stylish bathroom.Friendly helpful staff.

A great place to spend a few days and explore.

Nothing of importance.

Very clean and comfortable. Good breakfasts. Quiet location yet surprisingly near the main road.

The place has a lot of history

The place has a lot of history

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

No wifi in bedroom

No wifi in bedroom

Lovely place superb food.

Bath towels were too small. Noise from the bar.

Bed very comfy. Bit of noise from the bar but this stopped at closing time.

The staff were extremely pleasent and the facilities and the...

The staff were extremely pleasent and the facilities and the accommodation was very clean.

Lovely Staff, Very Kind & Helpful!

Lovely Staff, Very Kind & Helpful!!!

• Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Would have welcomed a table and chair so I could work

Breakfast and evening meal were superb. Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Great stay

Wifi didn't connect in the room at all and phone signal poor.

Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Great comfy room

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Short stay

Breakfast.

Nice quiet pub with good room.

Village location
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A chair would have been a bonus

Very modern facilities in the room

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Wonderful stay.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Had to go to car for WiFi connection.

The staff couldn't do enough. They were amazing.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Good comfortable stay
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Lovely bathroom, comfy bed Nice decor

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Great place to stay!!

Nice bar area to sit in before eating, excellent restaurant, really good breakfast and a lovely village location

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Nice pub, great service, great food, lovely clean quiet room

Nice pub, great service, great food, lovely clean quiet room

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

The best
    • Double Room with Garden View

Size and comfort of bed. Awesome breakfast. Shower pressure and quality of toiletries

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Relaxing and comfortable-would definitely stay again!
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Friendly and welcoming staff. Very pleased with facilities in room-bathroom excellent-spacious and immaculate.

There are also 29 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.