Reviews of Three Horseshoes Inn

Spring Hill, Bubbenhall, Bubbenhall, CV8 3BD, United Kingdom

#1 of 1 hotels in Bubbenhall

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Lovely pub great location in a very pretty village
    • Double Room Ensuite

Light over the tea making facilities did not work, lovely clock on wall but did not work (missing battery) and lack of a second chair . Breakfast was not an issue as Leamington Morrisons do a lovey large full English for £6 which is only 12 miles away. We stayed for only one night arriving late evening but if a longer stay was planned two easy chairs in the room and the items mentioned above sorted would have made it perfect.

Quite location easy to find ample parking comfy bed in a very spacious motel type room to the rear of pub friendly staff. Would definitely stay again

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Adequate but not worth the money.
    • Double Room Ensuite

The room smelt of dogs. The blanket on the end of the bed was pilled and covered in white fluff and I think has done it's time. The towel rail did not work so to dry my towels I had to hang them over the shower rail. Not a huge issue but maybe some maintenance would be a good idea. The kettle was dirty on the outside and I don't particularly relish the idea of tea bags just left unsealed to use. Generally the cleanliness was not a good level in my opinion but hard to tell as the room was very tired in general and could do with a freshen up.

The staff were nice and helpful. The location was perfect for my needs and as I was staying during the week it was quiet.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Pleasant stay
    • Double Room Ensuite

Walls are thin and this creates some noise issues however these were not prevalent later in the evening when I needed to sleep. Lighting in the rooms was not great. Again only small observations.

Clean and comfortable room, good food and drink selection in the pub.

Lovely motel style rooms behind the pub with parking outside...
    • Twin Room en suite

Lovely motel style rooms behind the pub with parking outside room. Great room including handy fridge. Only stayed the one night but would have liked to stay longer

Well priced, convenient and clean
    • Double Room Ensuite

Had a connecting door to the next room and so could hear what was going on there as poorly sound proofed. Lights are very dim and there is no breakfast facility (not a problem for me though).

Convenient for Coventry and well priced. Attached to the pub with good food. Easy to park and get to and a quiet location. Free Club biscuits and tea making. Free WiFi was good.

Good one night accommodation
    • Double Room Ensuite

As a solo traveller I would have appreciated a security chain on the door just for some extra peace of mind. The room could have done with a detailed clean especially around the edges of the carpet. My card was charged before I arrived.....

Fresh clean sheets and towels Tea and coffee tray

Superb little home from home.
    • Twin Room en suite

The bed moved away from the wall too easily.

The beds were comfy. The staff were confident and helpful. The food was very tasty and amazing value. Will definately stay there again and my friends are going to book there after my recommendation.

Beautiful pub, lovely location, but not my cup of tea on this occasion
    • Double Room Ensuite

I arrived latter than I had expected, by the time I took my things to the bedroom got freshened up, and went into the pub to order a meal, at about ten past eight, I was informed that they stopped taking orders at 8pm. I asked where I could get a meal, the staff kindly informed me that I could go into Leamington Spa, which I did. Although the staff were polite and friendly, it would have been nice for them to see if the kitchen staff could perhaps make me a sandwich, instead of me having to drive into a town I do not know, after my long day at work, followed by driving 45 minutes drive to the hotel,

The pub was lovely Booking in was fast and the staff were friendly The carparking was close and free with good lighting, the room was spacious, had good facilities, drink making equipment, fridge, etc the property was close to Kenilworth, it felt safe and secure

Bobben
    • Double Room Ensuite

The dog in the other room woke me up. I love animals, but I could hear him feeding against the inner door. Then a female start sobbing and talking loud while her partner try to calm her

I like the location as it was close to my family I'm visiting

Fine for 1 night
    • Double Room Ensuite

Rooms were definitely very budget which is fine however the filing in the bathroom was unsafe on the bath as it was bulging out off the bath (room 7) Bit of a musty smell, could do with a deep clean

Fast check in, parking right outside the rooms, good price, accessible for local attractions such as Charlecote Park and Warwick Castle

One nights stay
    • Double Room Ensuite

You could hear the people in the next room i could actually hear their conversations and everything that was being said on the tv. They also had a dog which barked quite a lot when i was trying to get to sleep.

The food was lovely and good value for money. The bar staff was very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Location a big plus
    • Twin Room en suite

Not a great welcome, you can't do that, you can't do this. That's extra.

Proximity to Malt Shovel pub, good food, mega sociable, good prices.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

A lovely location!
    • Double Room Ensuite

Next door’s fire alarm kept going off sporadically all night which kept waking us up. The checkout time is quite early for a weekend.

It was a great location for the wedding that we were going to. The owners let us check in early and helped us to arrange a taxi. The bed was really comfortable and the area was peaceful.

Never again, at any price.

Room not clean (cobwebs under shelves covered my hands when using the electric socket), dried mud on carpet. Bathroom fan dirty and unbearably noisy. Bed mattress very soft and springy, not comfortable. Bathroom mirror light didn't work. Bedside lights too bright and without shades. Bed too close to entry door. Room 4 fire alarm went off at random, twice, around 05:00 - ruining our daughters sleep - due to graduate the next day. Room walls too thin so you could hear the neighbours talking (about the fire alarm).

We were expected and check-in was rapid. Price was low compared to those in Coventry...most of which were already booked out for the Warwick University Graduation day.

the staff were pleasant and welcoming and the off road...
    • Twin Room en suite

The facilities were dated, not very clean, grime and dust on bottom of wardrobe area put you off putting your shoes there, so kept mine in my suitcase, room needed vacuuming, tiles in bathroom needed a good clean very discoloured. The beds were comfortable but moved too easily, a bit like getting on a hammock. No fan at the height of summer made the rooms very hot and stuffy. No decaf coffee available.

the staff were pleasant and welcoming and the off road parking outside your room was a plus.

amazing as always
    • Double Room Ensuite

i phoned to tell about our delayed arrival and if they could make us dinner that could be warmed up after our arrival, as it would have been after the kitchen closure time. the chef stayed an additional hour, waiting for us to arrive and we got fresh food on the table. very much appreciated. i like the fact they charge one amount for dogs per stay, not a ridiculous amount per dog per night. as i travel with four dogs, this is much appreciated. it wasn't our first stay and definitely not the last.

Good pub with basic accommodation and a good menu.
    • Double Room Ensuite

Noisy neighbours. The rooms are poorly soundproofed and I was awakened at 06:00 on a Sunday morning by next door who decided that was a good time to take a shower. No breakfast offered or available as no staff to do it.

Realistically a pub with a few bedrooms to the rear but an excellent location for where I was going to. A couple of cask beers available and a reasonable selection of lagers. I didn't dine there this trip but the menu looked excellent. The rooms were clean and conveniently placed from the bar itself.

Dirty wornout bathroom
    • Twin Room en suite

The curtain were almost see through and there was a light outside the room which didn't make for a good night's sleep. The toilet was dirty with traces of urine on the seat. The WiFi did not work. The restaurant did not serve me food at 7:15 although the closing time was 8:00. They don't do breakfast. Very dissatisfied 😒

The bed was comfortable.

Good location and and nice pub with choice of well kept...
    • Twin Room en suite

At this price a breakfast is normally included, perhaps have a voucher towards evening meal instead? Bathroom was a bit dated and could do with a refurbish. Weak WiFi signal in room.

Good location and and nice pub with choice of well kept hand-pull ale. Meals are good value and are home made. Bathroom is a good size. Free WiFi.

Good, basic accommodation.
    • Double Room Ensuite

Some kind of a breakfast option would be good or, at least, some idea of where we could have got some breakfast in the vicinity. The rooms need a little attention to detail like checking the lightbulbs.

Good value for money. Very simple like an American motel but comfortable and we felt we got what we paid for.

Convenient, comfortable, and friendly, good value for money
    • Twin Room en suite

Stay here one or two times a year to attend events at Stonleigh Park - Kennel Club Building. Most convenient, comfortable and even though we were a little late into the restaurant, the chef stayed and prepared a meal for us which was really nice.

fantastic,friendly,enjoyable, and value for money
    • Double Room Ensuite

The only downside of the Three Horseshoes is the existing doors between the rooms as you can hear everything that the next door guest are saying. It would have been nice to have an English breakfast before we left to set you up for the day but they don't do that any more.

we enjoyed an evening meal in a friendly atmosphere and then i watched the football with the local regulars. The location was near the M1 motorway which was handy as we were travelling on to Kent to visit my daughter.

Everything was great.
    • Twin Room en suite

the only letdown was on Booking.com it states it is 7 miles from Ricoh Arena but in fact it is 13 miles . Unable to get a taxi but always make sure this is done we left it too late. Many thanks to the Landlord for getting us transport too and from the arena

Everything was great... the food in the restaurant and the place was good where we stayed and very quiet with comfortable beds normally if we were just travelling to Coventry we would definitely stay here again but for concerts to the Ricoh arena its a bit far out

Rooms are located at the back of the pub, so no noise from...
    • Double Room Ensuite

Breakfast is not available, even though it is mentioned in some reviews.

Rooms are located at the back of the pub, so no noise from the bar. Pub serves good traditional pub meals and has friendly staff. Room is a good size, and includes a fridge. Good location for National Showground at Stoneleigh.

• Double Room Ensuite

Dirty carpets - doubt it’s been hoovered for a while Shelving/wardrobe was filthy - thick untouched dust Bathroom floor sticky Bath was dirty and had hair leftover in it. The plug supplied was too small for the plug hole, so water wasn’t retained. Decor very outdated. Dark and dingy room

Served a purpose - a bed for the night

Friendly staff
    • Double Room Ensuite

Rooms were dated and no breakfast option. Fine if you are travelling and able to bring food with you but not great if travelling for work from other locations

Friendly staff

Perfect location, good food maybe a little expensive
    • Double Room Ensuite

Limited food menu with food reseved for locals turning up later that night

Great location for work and quiet area with good quick access around the area

Great location, friendly staff, nice pub with good food
    • Double Room Ensuite

Room was in need of updating. No breakfast on offer in any form even though advertised as being included!

Great location, friendly staff, nice pub with good food

Room served the purpose, bed comfortable.
    • Twin Room en suite

Little chilly on arrival, bathrooms a little tired.

Room served the purpose, bed comfortable. Didn't eat while their but pub was friendly and inviting.

Very disappointing with breakfast
    • Double Room Ensuite

It stated continental breakfast in your room, this consist of a bowl of cereal, a yogurt and a carton of orange juice. nothing else !!! We had to ask for more tea bags as there was only 2 in our room. The next day after being out we returned to our room at 4pm to find the dirty dishes still there from breakfast and nothing had been done and nothing for breakfast had been left for the next day.

The location was nice. The room was comfortable

It was way over priced for one night.
    • Double Room Ensuite

There was a lot of dust in the room and even in the breakfast bowls! The clock wasn't working, and the TV is too small. There is nothing in the area, shops etc. Also, I didn't know where to leave my key when I was leaving.

The heating was on when I arrived, but smelled like the home where my Nanna lives lol

Terrible
    • Twin Room en suite

Last year when we stayed we enjoyed a full English breakfast , this year we had what was said by the manager to be a English continental breakfast ! Which consisted of over sugared cereal , two pan a chocolate that were out of date , and frankly so awfull that I would not offer them to our cat , the bath was filthy , and had black mold round the edges and taps , a broken edging on the floor at the bottom of the bath panel that you could catch your foot on and cause injury , the bathroom was dirty and with dirt all round the fan not to mention the room and bathroom needs a good revamp , the tv worked on two Chanel’s only the controller was filthy and bound up with tape , you could have caught the plague from that alone , , pillows were dreadful , ,the meals served were average nothing to right home about , it seemed that in a year the place had gone from average to terrible , the manager did not like any criticism what so ever , and looking back over others experience in the last year they all seem to say the same , the managements only comment to all those dissatisfied clients is to reply with helpfull , perhaps it might be an idea if he realized that he is in a service industary and give service to his clients , As a visitor who yearly comes to a Classic car show Stoneleigh Park the Three Horseshoes will never be getting my business again ,and judging by the remarks of others on this site I would not be the only one not to return again.

NOt much

Adequate for an overnight stay.
    • Twin Room en suite

Bathroom was very tired and in need of an update. Rust on radiator. Extractor was very noisy and very dusty. The room was very cold on arrival as heater was turned off, took a while to warm up!!

Bed was comfy. Adequate breakfast.

Lovely pub with friendly staff and locals was a real bonus...
    • Double Room Ensuite

Lovely pub with friendly staff and locals was a real bonus to a comfy and warm bedroom. Very reasonably priced - and very convenient for Stoneleigh Park.

Good location for nation agriculture center At Stoneleigh
    • Double Room Ensuite

As mentioned by others the walls between the rooms are thin and you can hear people next door very clearly. Tv covers it up but I do wonder why chaps think it is a good idea to belch and fart really loudly when they get up!

Bed comfy and room a good size Pub food good quality and value for money Pub staff friendly

Average
    • Double Room Ensuite

Toilet and general bathroom cleanliness was poor, looked like it hadnt been cleaned before hand. Bedding had stains on it and pillows were uncomfortable

Was convenient for my business stay

It was ok
    • Twin Room en suite

Check out is 10am but the place isn’t open until 3pm so there’s nowhere to sit and chill! There’s no buses/ taxis nearby so it’s a bit pricy to get anywhere. The walls a thin, extractor fan is loud, can hear everything from rain to traffic to aeroplanes. There’s no breakfast except the small selection of items in the room. The room was pricy for what you get, the location makes it cost more!

Welcoming and friendly atmosphere. Staff are lovely. On the outside it’s very quirky and interesting. Lots of parking available.

Good value for money.
    • Double Room Ensuite

No audio privacy between the rooms.

Staff friendly and helpful. Room was quite big, bed comfy and plenty of hot water. Food in the restaurant ok and breakfast already in the room was adequate. Fair price for this kind of accommodation.

Modest accomodation in a nice pub and in a pretty village.
    • Double Room Ensuite

Last year there was a cooked breakfast. This year disappointed to find only a few buns / cornflakes in the room.

Modest accomodation in a nice pub and in a pretty village. Good value.

Nice place to stay for 1 night but make sure you plan your breakfast elsewhere

Breakfast needs to improve 100% or not advertise as breakfast included. This was very poor. Temperature of the water was very temperamental the rooms were quite loud and the fans in the bathroom even next door woke you up

comfy beds power shower nice evening meal

Served my purpose
    • Double Room Ensuite

Cobwebs from ceiling and the adjoining doors to next rooms need soundproofing to prevent overhearing conversations and disturbing sleep.

Staff very helpful and welcoming

Clean but noisy.
    • Double Room Ensuite

Noisy room, soundproofing between adjoining room was poor. It was like having the neighbours in the same room. Would have liked a couple of comfortable armchairs to sit on as only had a hard wooden upright chair. Lights in room were very dim or low wattage which made it hard to read.

Large clean room. Had tea and coffee and small fridge in room. Good value for money as had continental breakfast available in room as well.

Not very clean could do with a good revamp
    • Double Room Ensuite

The bathroom very poorly maintained in need of complete overhaul room lacking in good standard of hygiene for example light switches plugs carpet really grubby bed not upto standard

Comfy bed nice pub and restaurant

A night of peace and quiet.
    • Twin Room en suite

The accommodation was in chalet format, with 7 apartments side by side. Quiet and secluded as was the location of the inn, being in a small village. The evening meal in the inn was extremely good. Homemade specials which I can highly recommend. They serve a continental breakfast which is already in your accommodation on arrival. There is a mini fridge present that contains milk, fruit juice and yoghurt. There is a choice of two cereals, fruit and a small croissant /brioche.

ok as long as you don't need to go anywhere
    • Double Room Ensuite

If you need cash you need to drive to the co op a few miles away, no cabs will come to collect you unless you are prepared to pay a £20 call out charge, room needs redecorating as it's all looking very dated and worn.

It was set in a nice area of Warwickshire and the pub was attractive and welcoming. The room was a good size.

Good location and very nice staff.
    • Double Room Ensuite

It had a slight musty smell and I felt that although clean it could do with a deep clean especially the bathroom. The clock wasn't working and neither was the lock on the bathroom door. A little more attention to the small details would be good.

Parking was directly outside the room. The inside was well laid out and spacious. The bedding was clean and the bed comfortable. The fridge was very useful.

IT SUITED OUR NEEDS.
    • Twin Room en suite

THERE WAS NOTHING WE DID NOT LIKE. I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED A RUBBER BATH MAT FOR TAKING A SHOWER BUT HAD TO MANAGE WITH THE TOWELLING ONE. WE WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN.

THE ROOM WAS VERY COMFOTABLE AND CLEAN. THE BATHROOM WAS GOOD WITH PLENTY OF HOT WATER. WE HAD A BAR MEAL IN THE INN WHICH WAS VERY NICE. THE LOCATION WAS QUIET AND PRIVATE.

Great value for money
    • Twin Room en suite

Great idea for breakfast on the run - tray ready in room with cornflakes, pain au chocolait, fruit. Milk, youghurt, actamil, juice in fridge. Wondered what noise was in car park - walnut tree! Never seen one of those before.

Pleasant and very good value for money.
    • Double Room Ensuite

The worst thing was the noise of the television in the next room until 3 am, this was perhaps because there was a thin adjoining door. We found the mattress much too soft and we could have had a few more tea bags.

Clean, simple, a very good receptionist. A really good continental breakfast. Good well priced food with a nice atmosphere.

ok for one night
    • Double Room Ensuite

walls paper thin--all noises to be heard from either side---light switches, kettles, tv, conversations, toilets, showers etc etc

Not clear from ad that "included breakfast " was continental only in fridge in the room.

Very comfortable & welcoming & the food was excellent.
    • Double Room Ensuite

It would have been nice to have 2 chairs to sit on to eat our breakfast. Also to have the glasses in the bathroom replaced when we had used them for orange juice.

It was very convenient as our granddaughter was competing in the Le Mieux Championships at Stoneleigh Park & mine host was very obliging.

Basic hotel, pleasant restaurant/bar, good quality, well cooked food. Serves its purpose.
    • Double Room Ensuite

Very noisy fan in bathroom Elderly used Q tip behind ledge next to bathroom sink ( no I didn't move it!) Room decor was tired, though the room was spacious and generally appeared clean in daylight, in lamplight the carpet appeared dirty and track worn. Some lights in the room didn't work ( no we didn't mention it ) Heating was electric panel heater, with another mobile electric heater, therefore I can imagine the room would be damp and cold in winter

Bouncy bed and pillows ( if you like bouncy beds and pillows!). Generous amount of hot water for bath or shower. Well cooked food, quickly served in the restaurant. Continental breakfast with kettle in the room with fresh apple and banana, Kellogs corn flakes and croissants ( plain and chocolate vac packed. ( we declined all, but it was there for the taking) Free Wi Fi with no pass code, Both in the rooms and communal areas. Quick no fuss service for drinks and food Pleasant bar area, with well stocked bar and very helpful amiable staff. Fridge, flat screen TV and decent hairdryer in spacious room, with parking just outside. Lovely seating area outside catching the evening sun

Not a bad pub but far from clean room.
    • Double Room Ensuite

The fridge in the room for the milk and juice etc was far from clean. The dishes and plates were not fully clean and the bathroom was VERY dirty - used ear buds on the side of the sink, the sink was not cleaned and there was mould around the bath sealant.

The idea of the continental breakfast in the room was fine. All the things were provided.

Wonderful staff that make a lovely little place really special.
    • Double Room Ensuite

We were visiting for a wedding and couldn't get a taxi so the owner gave us a lift there, totally amazing of him ! It's a great pub with lovely rooms and a fantastic welcome from the staff. An absolute gem and amazing value for money.

Comfy but basic, lacking in attention to detail and clenliness could be better. Would not return :-(
    • Double Room Ensuite

Breakfast, Upon arrival we were told that breakfast was laid out in the room for us as it was "continental" Upon entering the room we found 2xfunsize packs of cocopops, 1xVery small Apple, 1xWrinkly old grapefruit (no knife to cut or spoon to eat) 1xActivia drink 1xActivia yoghurt 2xSmall orange juice cartons with straws and 1xCarton of UHT Milk. Although it gave us a good laugh i really dont think the rooms should be advertised as "Breakfast included"

Staff were lovely
    • Double Room Ensuite

We were in Room 4 and could hear the ladies talking for hours word for word through the adjoining door - hard to sleep so this was the only negative thing from a great night and stay x

Staff were lovely

Served our purpose but would not return
    • Double Room Ensuite

Rooms very tired. Could hear guests in next room. In fact we could have been in the same room. Food not as advertised on web site - not available. Specials in bar also not available.

Bed was clean & comfortable

Friendly staff, nice menu, great little pub
    • Twin Room en suite

The bed was far too soft for my liking, the cups and plates in the room were not properly cleaned (still had food residue and were a bit sticky). Very noisy fans in bathrooms, was woken up by the fan noise in other rooms - this needs addressing.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Reasonably sized room with the usual facilities, it was excellent to have breakfast cereals, croissant and fruit in the room - super idea! Nice menu but veg portions were quite small. Plenty of parking

lovely area but rooms let down the stay
    • Double Room Ensuite

sadly the breakfast wasn't up to scratch , just in the room a continental breakfast , the room could do with a fresh lick of paint and there was hair on the shower walls and toilet needed a clean from last client and basin in bathroom loose.

the area was a lovely place but the rooms was standard, nothing fancy and in need of updating and cleaning tea and coffee facilities though

suitable and reasonable
    • Double Room Ensuite

poor sound isolation breakfast supplies varied between the 4 rooms - some had less than expected for the number of guests English breakfast at the pub would have been even better!!

spacious rooms, fridge, location, friendly pub

Did the job I required
    • Double Room Ensuite

Your booking form said it was breakfast included. No mention it was continental and that was left in room overnight

Room ok Bar was good Staff good and pleasant

Awful
    • Twin Room en suite

Everything! They didn't state they allow dogs in the rooms and I'm allergic to dogs, We were only booked into a room for 2 when we requested and booked a family room for 4 ....Not their fault booking .com have still not replied to my complaint! Although when I said I would have to stay elsewhere I was told I would be charged anyway! I was expecting a full breakfast in the morning but it was just cereal and a croissant left in the room with no milk.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Nice surroundings, but extremely dissapointed by the way hygiene is delt with in this place.
    • Double Room Ensuite

Room not ready for our son, they put a iron bed tied with plastic strings. ( security) Dust and spider's cobwebs . The dishes and cutlery for the breakfast were dirty.(crumbs and and butter stains). The bath not clean, black marks to remind us there had been other baths taken previously. But the worse is that at our arrival I mentioned that the toilets were dirty ( that's beeing very polite), and nothing has been done . (sorry for the mistakes , I'm french)

the area brilliant. nice village the cleaning staff smiling.

Very good, but let down by details.
    • Double Room Ensuite

Plug for bath was too small (wash basin size). Had to 'improvise'. Only one chair, and no table, though there was room for one.

Good size room. Everything worked! (Not always the case...) Nice and clean. Continental breakfast (in room) was better than expected.

Ideal one night stay, comfy big rooms, lovely pub.
    • Double Room Ensuite

The fact that you can clearly hear people in the next room, not ideal if they stay up until the early hours..!! there is only a locked door between each room.

Lovely quiet location, friendly staff, with excellent food.

uninspiring but staff member was good
    • Twin Room en suite

Room was dated, very small TV. Broken bulb in bedside lamp, bathroom needed updating and the shower curtain was out of Del Boys flat. Room size was a tad cramped for me. Breakfast was continental and no hot option offered, that really spoilt my stay as need something more substantial than corn flakes at the start of my day.

Young guy that checked us in and was later serving at the bar was very pleasant. Bed was comfy and the wifi was free and worked well. Bed was comfortable and parking was very easy. Decent location, being only 5 miles from Leamington Spa.

perfect start to our holiday

having to leave

lovely area easy to get to enjoyed the village old houses and walks will be back and the price was great with thanks George and Margaret

Ease of parking, friendliness of staff and simple but good...
    • Double Room Ensuite

Breakfast in room. Lack of lamp shades on bedside lights. Mould around bath. Net curtains well passed best.

Ease of parking, friendliness of staff and simple but good pub food.

Disappointed with this hotel now
    • Twin Room en suite

How the breakfast was in the room not really convenient for two people . Also I had to call someone to come and clean the bath as it was dirty from previous occupants.

The location and food

Ok but don't think we would stay there again sorry
    • Double Room Ensuite

There was no hair dryer the clock in the room had stopped i know this is only small details but attention to detail is important, we went for a meal in the restaurant service was a bit slow due to the barman/waiter serving other members of the public more staff would have been better, we had our meal then ordered some drinks my wife asked for hot chocolate that came in a mug half full with no cream it tasted like it had come out of a packet not a machine i ordered a espresso again it came in a large cup i had to ask for sugar and a spoon you shouldn't need to ask for this. Not everyone like the continental style breakfast, in the morning i found that a van had been parked at the rear of my motorcycle i had to go and see if i could find the owner i couldn't find him i did find the cleaner she went to see if she could find the owner or the keys but she couldn't after having to remove the boxes on my motorcycle i managed to get the bike out however this was very unacceptable.

The bed was very comfortable.

Enjoyed my stay. Both times...
    • Twin Room en suite

You can no longer get a full english breakfast which I didn't know when I booked. When I stayed here in 2015 you could and I enjoyed it., so I was a bit disappointed.

I like the feel of the place. It's cozy and in the country. This was actually the second time I have stayed here.

Handy parking right outside the door to the room (this was...
    • Twin Room en suite

Carpets and bathroom a little dated and could do with a face-lift. That said, the bed linen, towels and room in general was clean, wifi was free and easy to access, and the breakfast was good. Meet all our needs during the stay.

Handy parking right outside the door to the room (this was lucky though as parking was limited during the evening when locals were visiting the pub).

Great stay in a great place!
    • Twin Room en suite

Toilet, sink and bath weren't cleaned before arrival.

Very comfortable bed with extre fleece. Warm shower. Great choice of breakfast items in the room.

A cute little country inn with lovely meals
    • Double Room Ensuite

Our breakfast provided was a little inconsistent and the rooms were a little tired and could do with refurbishing.

The Inn manager was excellent, very helpful with our questions and attentive to our needs, and any meals we had while there were of a high standard.

Nice loaction, pub and room although much more could be made of the breakfast and the shower.
    • Double Room Ensuite

Breakfast was a little disappointing. It was not made clear before booking that only a continental breakfast would be available in the room. It was stated that this was part of the booking, but I was also expecting a cooked English breakfast, so 2 croissants, a mini box of Rice Krispies and 2 Weetabix was a little below expectations to prepare you for the day ahead. Why could the pub not be used for this in the morning? The shower was also not fitted into the holder as it was broken. A greater attention to detail could be made of the cleaning and maintenance within the room.

The Location, a quiet village in a rural setting was really nice on a summers evening, to sit outside the pub and eat you evening meal by being served by friendly staff.