Reviews of Tiffany's Hotel

250-262 North Promenade, Blackpool, FY1 1SA, United Kingdom

#146 of 217 hotels in Blackpool

First day while we where out the ceiling fell into the room due to a leak above. When we returned very late was moved to the only room available. Next day without asking was upgraded to a four poster bedroom with jacuzzi and free bottle of champagne.

Maintenance is lacking - when standing on one of the floorboards in our room, it popped up through the carpet. and the bed ran downhill.

The breakfast was great

Some areas were tired and need updating!.... dust in some areas of bedroom that should have been cleaned

Staff very pleasant and helpful...breakfast varied and good Fab location

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Curtains too light and not fitted properly leaving gaps. Reception constantly engaged. Bath moved when stood in and not sealed properly which was reported. Ceiling tiles stained and broken, not nice to look at lying in bed. Charged £267 for 3 adults in a triple room with breakfast when originally £158 on a secret deal (supposedly for 2 adults 1 child.) I thought was priced at room rate not per person!? Originally price would have been right price for room condition. Was advised by reception to book directly and not 3rd party as would get better advice and deals !

The breakfast was always hot and plentiful. The staff were friendly. The entertainment was good to see whilst having a drink before heading out. The sea view was lovely. No stag/hen parties. More family and elderly which felt more comfortable for me personally.

I didnt like our bed the mattress was hard as I suffer back problems this made it worse, however I decided not too complain about it as mlst likely the other beds would have had the same mattresses. Also there was a lot of noise from the back where the kitchen doors were constantly slammed, and we had noisy neighbours next room too us, also for the price I paid I would off at least expected evening meal too be included in the price I paid for a 2 night stay.

I liked how friendly the staff were it was spot on customer service and the lady on the desk was lovely and had a warm welcome smile too welcome the both off us. Also breakfast was spot on its the best breakfast ever the food is off high quaility and tastes really good and it gives You a boost for the day ahead, however on the last morning off My stay I didnt like how I had too ask the waiter for a pot off tea as You should be asked by the waiter if You would like tea/coffee. The entertainment was really good and the bingo was really good and fair prizes too, also the bar staff were polite and friendly and I also loved the new 2p bar it was very classy. I also liked the gamesroom and how good they renovated it in there with a nore new modern look. I would class My stay as a positive stay apart from the bed/noise but dont let that put You off as its a fantstic hotel.

• Twin Room with Sea View

Bar snacks-Tables too small plates too big-Baskets Why?. Can you just do an ordinary snack at fair price, on a normal size plate without all the trimmings. It may look good but takes up too much room and is unnecessary. Bar prices are too dear. The wine is far too pricey. £16.95 for a bottle you can get in Aldi for £3.49. Come on that's daylight robbery. Well you asked. Toaster is not good, should use proper toasters. Queue each morning and bits of black all over the tables. Sorry.

Beds lovely comfy. View very nice. Breakfast good. staff excellent. entertainment very good.

• Suite

Room was not very clean the bin had not been emptied had tea bags in and was hair on the floor

Staff were lovely location was great also view was great

Bathroom didn't smell great.

Breakfast was excellent, staff really friendly, games room. Parking is always a bonus in Blackpool. The room was sufficient for what we needed, tea & coffee provided & rooms cleaned daily.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Could possibly service pre made sandwiches later behind bar as it's a little far from the main stretch little one was hungry come 10pm and nothing I could give her except vending machine crisp small selection pre made sandwiches would be excellent and I'm sure they would sell in such a busy hotel

Rooms beautiful staff very friendly entertainment fantastic food outstanding

The mattress in our particular room wasnt very comfortable and you could feel the springs, the shower curtain had stains across the middle of it and the breakfast was awful and gave me an upset stomach, especially the fried egg which tasted like hard plastic and the yolk was rotten underneath.

Brilliant location, right on the beachfront with lots of shops and food places and the main attractions were closeby. The staff were friendly and the rooms were very clean and nicely decorated

It was located a short walk from the attractions that we were interested in, the staff were friendly and helpful and the room was comfortable and clean.

Initially we were offered a small ground floor small room and the tiny shower, wc and sink were in a cupboard, windows were dirty, flowery old fashioned curtains and grey nets looked older than me (pretty old) but they did change the room to a much better one when we asked. Having paid 89 per night, the first room was not value for money.

Good location, fresh and varied breakfast

The shower tray needs to be regrouted.

The food was very good. They catered for me without any problems. I am type 2 diabetic and Coeliac so food needed to take these conditions into consideration which they did. Well done. The bedroom was comfy. Entertainment excellent.

Nothing really, wasn’t expecting a lot for what we paid, would return.

Very Reasonably priced,Staff lovely, Shower powerful, room clean but could do with decorating. Breakfast really good, parking ok. Tram stop near.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Th dirty bathroom that smelt like wee and the sink was not clean. The music was in until nearly 3 am and was ridiculously loud for that time that was night suitable for an 18month old child at all

Beds we’re comfy

The room allocated was not good. At the back of the hotel with no air con a very stuffy room small. The shower room was awful with no bath obviously not good for a young daughter.

The staff, location and breakfast were spot on.

• Double Room with Sea View

I found the mattress to be too soft for my liking.

Location excellent, on seafront near enough to centre of Blackpool but not slap bang in the middle of the humdrum. Staff very friendly and helpful. Plenty of choice at breakfast and replenished frequently.

A few niggles. My criteria was parking, WiFi and cost. What got my goat was when I arrived I was immediately hit with a £5 parking charge per night which I either missed on the T&Cs or was not there in the first place. I need WiFi connection for work but found it was hit and miss. Although you could connect to the hotels WiFi and was shown with a full WiFi connection you needed to sign into their WiFi page. But this was hit and miss. I would have a full signal connection but I could not for the majority of the time get it to throw up the sign on screen for the hotel. Read the room info book and it said WiFi available on lower/ground floor shared areas so went downstairs and no joy. My expectation was full WiFi coverage without problems. The cost was important so I had booked it at a set rate and received confirmation of booking and price for later on in another email to find the price had increased as the initial price had not included the 20% VAT charge! Probably stated in the fine detail of the booking but not made explicit at the time of the booking. Not crippling expenses or inconveniences but niggles I would have liked to have known about before I booked.

As always I am lastminute.com when sorting out where to go. I initially went for other hotels due to their ratings and comments to find they where fully booked. I then happened across Tiffany’s and was pleased with the comments and ratings so I went for it. When we landed my satnav guided me unknowingly to the back of the hotel and immediately thought I had made a big mistake. Entering through the “tradesman entrance” into the hotel my concerns disappeared quickly and enterying our room it was even better than I expected; roomy, spacious, clean, facilities, etc and was far more than I expected with what I previously experienced over the years from other locations across Blackpool. Oberall, the staff, decor, setup, food, entertainment was of a high standard and good on them.

Room was ok they are in process of upgrading and I can see why

Comfortable bar area with decent entertainment good food and close enough to main entertainment

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Noise coming from entertainment we was directly above it and it went on until 12.40 am i had my 80 year old mum n 7 year old daughter , we had a waste pipe constantly dripping outside couldnt open the window because of the stench

• Double Room with Sea View

i didnt like having to go out the back exit of hotel to smoke.. didnt feel safe.. floors outside my bedroom creaked really badly..

loved it as soon as i walked in.. reception staff were brilliant and eager to help.. room had a seaside view .. the room was small but really cosy and had everything we needed... entertainment was fantastic... and breakfast was delicious and never ran out.. fantastic stay!!

Our double room was very small & was quite scruffy looking & the ‘white’ towels were had been washed but had masks on. The room carpet was shabby The bathroom was falling apathy The shower was too narrow to get in & out of The toilet was too close to shower so caused great difficulty getting on & off The cooked brekky was Luke warm

The bar meals were delicious & great value for money Entertainment was good

• Double Room with Sea View

Staff were unhelpful and paying 5 pounds a night to park my motorcycle, rooms wasn't clean enough for me, and needs updating, because I'd booked through booking.com we wasn't allowed breakfast but if we'd of booked direct we would of, disgusted with staff that just refused us breakfast instead of suggesting we could pay,

Its located near the tower that's it.

• Double Room with Sea View

Only bad thing was the entertainment it was rather loud but apart form that it was fine could of done with a fan for the room

Was great location great staff very helpful breakfast was amazing fresh orange was amazing

The shower in the bathroom was abit small but you font go on holiday to stay in the shower all weekend,and had to wait to get off the car park on Sunday to go home but I suppose when its busy can't be helped.

Staff very friendly and helpful and showed good customer service skills,excellent all you can eat breakfast in the morning,rooms comfortable.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Lacked some general maintenance in the rooms which spoilt the experience.

Reception staff on arrival and departure were helpful and friendly. It was nice to be welcomed with a smile - which is a rarity these days.

• Twin Room with Sea View

Spending the last two days with no hot water ( having a cold shower is not a good experience ) and trying to get out of the car park on checkout day

The breakfast and evening meals were of a good standard and the evening entertainment was excellent.

• Double Room with Sea View

Wasn't the cleanest hotel I've stayed in. God awful intermittent rotten egg smell in the room, stains on the walls, doors etc. Not the hotels problem, but got met by a rough sleeper straight away from the car. He was quite threatening and demanding. Not the ideal start.

Staff were friendly and efficient

View from room. Maybe as this is a back alley room care could be taken to remove any odd bit of rubbish.

Nice renovated room. View not very nice as overlooking back alley and smoking shed, although this didn't cause any issues and as we only booked late and on a good rate this was not a problem

Nothing it was fab breakfast at Tiffanys 5 stars from usF

Everything it was fantastic we took my 87 year old mother who stayed there years ago with my dad she kept saying we should go even she said it was wonderful fetched back some lovely memories

• Double Room with Sea View

The hotel is very old and needs refurbishment. The breakfast was poor and the trays for buffet old. We had a room on the top level but the window was dirty and had mold on it, and it couldnt be closed properly. The carpet was wet all the time under the radiator, we didn t have hot water, the duvet was dirty with marks of blood. I asked to change the duvet and the lady(staff), told me that they had a very busy weekend and they don t have another clean duvet. Finally they changed it because i was insisting. In the room was very cold because the radiator wasn t working. When i asked about one extra heater somebody from maintenance came and didn t do anything except saying that the next day will try to fix it. But the next day we checked out.They said that the room was refurbished. I was very disappointed about this hotel and i really don t recommend anybody to come here even for one day.

The location was good and we could see from our room the sea.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The room we had was lovely. With two beds, double and single. The single bed had a dip in the middle and springs touching.

The hotel was very nice, with excellent entertainment. The staff made you feel very welcome and would do their best to help you. Their is lifts to the room and ramp at the back, no need to use the stairs which is ideal if you struggle.. the meals are excellent, and.the view of the sea at the front of the hotel was wonderful.

Very bad parking we went to get our car because we had to drive to manchester urgently and couldn't get car out because a guest forgot to leave keys.I spoke to the guest later that night and she told me that nobody told her to leave her keys.And also nobody told us that the hotel drivers finished at 6pm or 7pm.Everything else about the hotel is good but really need to sort out the parking issue

• Double Room with Sea View

The room was old and run down in desperate need of maintenance ie cracks in the ceiling, coving cracked, bed side drawers broken, hot water tap on right hand side of the wash hand basin and on hot water in the morning.

View from our room looked on to a flat roof at the back of the hotel.

Everything. Hotel was on the sea front which was an added bonus and very close to the centre of Blackpool - close to all amenities.

The bed room and bathroom required a complete modernisation. The bed itself required a new mattress ( Could feel bed springs) The tiling in the bathroom left a lot to be desired, cracked tiles, grouting at floor level and under window cill missing. Gave the impression of not being clean.

Excellent breakfast,the bar was modern and seating comfortable. Price of drinks were reasonable. Staff were excellent and efficient. Breakfast was very good. Entertainment very good. Close to public transport with tram stop close by.

Bathrooms desperately in need of updating. We had an 80's style pink bathroom suite with no shower?!? The toilet seat was hanging off.

Good location.

Room and bathroom was too small especially the shower. We had ants in our room and were close to the bar where the entertainment went on till after 12 and was very loud.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

No bath (we have a toddler so not ideal). Mattresses were far too soft and uncomfortable. We were on 2nd floor and still heard the entertainment going on below us - far too loud. They left our car unlocked after moving it in car park - we were offered a free drink with dinner as an apology which didn’t appear. Food was ok at breakfast but dinner not great.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

No hot water,the taps were lose no lock on the bathroom door, the front door to our room was shocking as there was a 2inch gap at the bottom. This is unsafe and wouldn't class as a fire door!

Breakfast ok, Checking out.

I would of liked a choice of weather i could of had a room further from the noise of the entertainment.

Loved the food, friendly staff and clean hotel. Would definitely recommend it. And will be going back

Sometimes took quite a while for the water to run warm. The wifi was a bit fiddly: I had to go through a "signing up" process every time I logged on, which was a pain and sometimes took several attempts.

Staff were great. Entertainment was great. Location is great.

• Suite

we where not informed that the suit we originally paid for has a shower over the bath. I cannot clime in or out of a bath, staff moved us but it was into a regular double room and they could not reimburse us with any money as we did not request a walk in shower. because we booked through a third party we where not aware of this issue. the room we where given, as nice as it was, was directly above the entertainment lounge, so we had to put up with extreme noise until gone midnight every night of our stay. we felt after having to move rooms, we should not complain. but wish they had of informed us about the noise. this will make us think twice about booking again, as we work hard and go away for rest and relaxation. this we did not find here.

the hotel itself is lovely, lovely quiet seating area in main lobby and a private room which we sat in for some privacy. drinks reasonably priced. good disabled access.

The prices at the bar were very high especially the soft drinks small bottles of coke £1.90 bottles of water £1.80, no need to rip off your guests this way, drop the prices and keep people in, don’t and guests will go to the working men’s clubs.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Cleanliness wasn’t great stains in toilet shower was mucky didn’t clean room over the 2night stay .. asked for a ground floor room was up on 3rd floor our view was the most filthy back stairs . Bed sheets had hard stains on them !

The fact the window was broken in the room basically hanging off. So had to keep the window wide open all night, we woke up freezing to death. I also felt uncomfortable because it was on the ground floor to the back of the building. I would not normally leave the window open that wide given the location.

The entertainmemt and staff was great! The breakfast was good, and the people who was also staying in the hotel were lovely.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

only a small thing , I have dairy allergy and always state when I book, there was no soya milk on this trip for me to have at breakfast

we like everything about the tiffancy , we got married there , went back for our honeymoon and stay for all our family trips

room in a poor state. Frayed edges of carpets. Stains on bed sheets. Considerable amount of dust behind cupboard, TV and under beds. Blown window, tatty net curtains and poor curtain that let in lots of light. TV remote also didn't work and wardrobe door swung open and wouldn't remain closed. I appreciate basic and have no issue with you get what you pay for , but there is no excuse for not having pride in presentation and standard.

Not sure if worth mentioning as only a very minor detail, we had problems getting coffee for our room and getting someone to look at the T.V after numerous requests. As I said only very minor details.

Nice clean room, obviously refurbished with a great comfortable bed. The food in both the restaurant and the bar excellent and value for money. Friendly staff.

Rooms are old, dated & basic. Double beds are designed for the Flintstones. (Rock hard) single beds comfy though. Bathroom was not the best.(emerald green) bits of tiles missing. Bit of bleach would be appreciated. First impressions when walking in is "Wow this is nice" however bedrooms and bathrooms let it down.

Staff are nice and friendly. Hotels in a good spot on the front. Breakfast is lovely and lots of it. Clean in communal areas.

Lots.

Breakfast was good. Room 104 first floor right over the entertainments stage, music finished at 1pm first night. In their literature and sample menu, dated 2015 (unchanged from then) rooms were described as 'snazzy' Ours had an unsafe floor with dips in it due to floorboards not being replaced properly after plumbing works, it was a suite, we had a settee which was fit for the tip, our bathroom had a loose not working dirty fan, dirty tiles around the bath etc and finally we were billed and charged for £60 by their error, an amount which was queried 7 days previously and a return phone call promised and never happened. This amount however was refunded. Little of the above was discussed at the time as we asked about the floorboards, manager acknowledged that he was aware but nothing was done so why bother with the rest ??

Room was a little dated and appearance not so good . But you had everything you need and it was clean

Staff are great . Food really good . Location good right on the sea front And we had good entertainment every night in a very nice atmosphere.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The room was very dated was disappointed did not want to go back to the room , the bathroom was very tiyed not the cleanest ! Good shower best part of the room. Had to ask for clean towels not good !

The staff in the restaurant and bar are fantastic, 5 star for the food , The shower in room 106 was amazing power shower just what you need in the morning

• Double Room with Sea View

We were in room 105 the room was practically over the bar lounge, and it was very noisy at night when the entertainment was on, as we were only staying for 2 nights we did put up with it, but if we had been staying longer, we would most definately would of asked to move rooms.

The staff were very friendly nothing was too much trouble. This hotel is in a good location, with only a short walk to the main shopping centre and Tower, and a bus and tram stop is outside the hotel.

• Double Room with Sea View

Parking was tight but expected that anyway

I had enjoyed everything at the hotel the facilities are great and very spacious good value for money the staff are very friendly and they had a load of choice at the bar and the menu was great they had loads of choice did not have to have takeaway it was great and I would stop there again with out doubt

Having to pay £5 a day to park on their car park when others got it free. The wait at breakfast when food ran out, no one seemed to be aware of the queue. We had to request our towels were changed when the housekeeping forgot us.

Proximity to Blackpool. The entertainment was good and Bingo had good rewards.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Family room situated above toilet facilities for the bar banging doors, hand dryer and loud music til the early hours. Room was dirty especially the bathroom, windows drafty. One of the reception staff inparticualar seemed reluctant to step up and do her job preferred to sit on computer ignoring the queue of people waiting over 20 mins to check in or simply get car keys on more that one occasion

Breakfast buffet was good

Not the best value for money - cheaper hotel compared to others however check in and out times were short. The pulic mens toilets were not very clean.

The bar was nice. Parking facilities were good

The room was really cold, the furniture was worn with exposed chip board. The bathroom smelt of sewer and faeces on entering the room. The kettle was full of limescale. The room and bathroom were not very clean. The walls are like paper you can hear everyone and everything. The staff although friendly were lacking as they were never at the desk. There was always long queues. Or no one around. People were allowed to smoke outside front door the entrance smelt of stale ale and cigarettes. Parking was shocking no spaces available at all. You had to pay £5 deposit for a iron that was only worth a fiver and was rubbish in quality. And kids were allowed to run wild around the hotel.

We didn’t go

The room could have been a little cleaner, there were errant hairs on the dressing table and the cups and glasses didn't quite look clean. Also having to pay to park my car was not acceptable to me. It's 2018, parking should be free for residents.

• Triple Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I liked everything apart from the room I stayed in was extremely warm even after turning off the radiator.

I really enjoyed the 5 course meal and the self serve breakfast. Staff were very friendly.

The shower cubicle was on the small side, to be expected i suppose! The water in the shower wasn’t consistent either way to hot/cold! The bedroom size, decor was fine but the bed had seen better days could feel nearly every spring! They are however in the process of renovating so would maybe stay again in the future

I liked the fact the property had entertainment so u didn’t have to go out if u didn’t want!

Well I am disabled and requested a room with shower but it had bath and overhead shower so I couldn't get in there plus was on third floor room 319 it was a little bit of a struggle getting out of lift the down four steps up two to get to our room. I don't like to make a fuss so didn't say anything .

The cleanliness of the hotel and the politeness of staff .

I was very upset as I had requested sea view and this was not met upon requesting at the front desk I was told this was due to a mistake and they had not seen this. Upon checkout I was always told I was over charged by £8 for parking and breakfast the previous day where I was very disappointed

Breakfast in bed so on time

No shelf or storage in bathroom. Nowhere to put toiletries, no glass in toothbrush holder in bathroom.

Friendly, clean, good value, very good breakfast, v good entertainment.

Check in.we were not informed of evening meal change of time. Room.one of the rooms was very cold because of faulty windows. Website didn’t mention having to pay to park our car. Asked to leave cabaret bar at 6:45 due to private function.

The room where entertainment was on was very cold, Our room door had a large gap and we had to put towel down to keep draft out other than that the room was lovely

Very clean and staff very friendly and helpfull

We were shoved in a cold function room at night because they had booked a function in the main room and we booked the 5 course meal between 6.00 and 7.30 but the was told at 4.30 we had to eat between 5.00 and 6.00 when we had not long eaten plus some off the staff at night were rude

The room was very dated the function room was to small we was very squeezed in The bath was to small We ask for more bedding and we did not get it

We went for a friends birthday so we had a good time

When we booked our hotel we booked the bed and breakfast option and when we went down for breakfast the next morning the waiter says our names weren't down for breakfast but we told her we booked breakfast she couldn't find our name so she had to go and find someone else to deal with it and it got a little bit embarrassing as there was a few people behind us waiting to get in. After a few embarrassing minutes we eventually got in for breakfast which made our breakfast feel unpleasant

Nice comfortable beds and spacious room size. Good see view and pleasant staff on arrival.

• Suite

The Bathroom was dirty the bath was dirty it had a black ring of grime all the way around the inside of the tub. Our quilt cover had big brown marks on it, we stripped it and slept without the quilt cover. the rooms flooring was dirty the carpets were covered in stains and the wooden floor was so dusty and lots of loose hair on it.

The View from our Suite was excellent.

• Double Room with Sea View

We got a old room this time dirty windows dirty old burnt carpet with no light working in bathroom and water comeing through the hole around the window wich had a Hodge job with mastic

The bar was being refurbished, I went to the small bar in the concert room and had a elderflower gin. It was lovely BUT there was only half a slice of lemon in my first and when I went for another there was no lemon and worse than that there was no ice.

Just a great place to get away for a few days .

I liked everything about this hotel , the staff were also accommodating with keeping my car until we left later than check out time , food was lovely too

The bed was very uncomfortable and the deco is out dated. It took 2mins approx for the hot water to appear so there was a lot of water wasted. This is not sustainable.

Browse Tiffany's Hotel traveller photo gallery