Reviews of Torbay Court Hotel 3 stars

Steartfield Road, Paignton, TQ3 2BJ, United Kingdom

#71 of 75 hotels in Paignton

5.2

Simple needs

Mould in some areas such as bathroom. Can hear people upstairs and also around the hotel (kids screaming and running around above us) Outside very run down,but inside surprisingly a lot better. Some areas a little run down - taped banister,broken fixtures. Leaky roof when raining. Toilet had a layer of brown film in water ,and shower would leak onto floor when used :( Room smelt a little off -maybe it wasn't used for a long time. Could not reach wi fi from room

Location - close to beach and attractions (easy walk ) Bathroom modern -powerful shower Great value for money Nice breakfast - friendly staff ,variety,really nice cooked breakfast,included Staff helped when needed Close to Paighton zoo Overall pretty clean and tidy room

Great location. Reception staff lovely

The cleanliness of the bathroom let it down. Beautiful sink let down by alot of white dried up residue marks. The toilet seat was loose and a bulb gone in the bathroom. Some communal areas let down the appearance a bit too. Breakfast was disappointing. We arrived at 8. Continental breakfast nothing available and it wasn't replenished. Juice all gone too we asked 3 different staff for juice before getting any and it was the same trying to get plates to put toast on. There was cereal but no yogurts I didn't want to ask if they had any as I started to feel wrong for asking.

I liked the entrance and the lady on reception was lovely welcoming and helpful. Initially we loved the room on 1st appearance. Until as above. We were visiting for a family party so the location was great for us. Sea front very close too. The full English was quite nice too but if there had been yogurt and continental I wouldn't have chose to have it.

its a good run hoel and as hey say you get what you pay for, enjoyed our stay and will come again..

better cupboard space in bedroom, shower to be revamped and adjusted, the front of the hotel, wasn't cleaned up once while we were there, and as I am one for first impressions, that is a big loser at first glance.. could also do with a good overall paint job back and front.

overall the hotel was a good value for money trip, will come again..

Wonderful.

Can't think of anything.

Loved the full English breakfast. Staff were friendly, cheerful and just wonderful. Had a great short break there. Thank you to everyone there for making our stay so relaxing.

Price probably dictyates the quality but gennerally very run down eccept the reception being renovat

Tiny room and minute shower room filthy window frames and exterior window sill out look was over the bins and looks like a tip toilet seat would not stay up room phone not working very hot no thro draft

Breakfast was good

Not for young people or for families.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

My daughter chose this hotel because it was nice and clean on the pictures. Unfortunately, in reality it turned out to be a neglected and dirty building. You must be lucky to meet someone at the reception. The rooms are small and very stuffy in them. Wifi works only in the lunch, forget about the fact that you will be able to use it in the room. I really do not recommend this Hotel

Not the greatest experience

The room was incredibly hot and July there was a 10.5 tog quilt on the bed..the WiFi never connected.there were no parking spaces left..we have had nicer breakfasts! and its way too early serving for a Sunday morning..another hour would be nice. Unlikely to stay there again

Not far to walk for the seafront.

Thoroughly enjoyed our short 2 night stay, April was very accommodating, entertainment was a laugh

minor issue, would like to have seen some natural yoghurt at breakfast.

Location, dog friendly. decoration, great staff, jacuzzi bath/wet room all very nice.

No more comment from me

Some of dining staff not to pleasant. When I checked out the receptionist did not even look at me I don’t remember a thank you or have a nice. Day

My room very comfy Easy access from Town,station,or sea front

It was dirty in room and in communal areas,1 person manning the bar,reception,breakfast area didn’t have any ice at bar would not stay here again

Wouldn’t stay again and very very dated

The double bed was a small double, the shower flooded, no ice, no food when the brochure said there was, there was 1 member of staff to literally run the hotel (evening) there was 1 member of staff from 11.30pm- 8.30 dealing with breakfast.....not fair on the staff!! Cobwebs everywhere, needs attention!!

Lovely room and a wet room to die for and the best of all a jacuzzi we never expected that great!

The fact that it took nearly 20 minutes for the waiter to realise we had not ordered our full English breakfast and during that time 9 couples who came in after were served before us, my husband asked for a a full English breakfast minus tomato when it arrived it was also minus the sausage, mine was missing the fried bread but what we had was great.

The croissants were exceptional and the full English breakfast was great!

Not worth the price but close to beach

Needs a lot of work, not clean, needs proper refurbishment of rooms, internet not working , TV had no signal, I lot of dust, shower unit was loose, had to change room because toilet seat was loose in the room, kettle in the room was black from inside, carpets had stain, plaster coming off etc

Free parking and ease to get to the beach , staff was very helpful and polite, breakfast was made to order, toiletries were provided in the rooms , dinning area was large and open

The price was very reasonable indeed, well-placed for the...

There was nothing I didn't like, specifically. Bearing in mind the cheap price, it was what I expected. The room was v small and a bit tatty round the edges- no toilet roll on the actual holder; I eventually found it inside a tall container next to the toilet brush. Minor point, but I was glad to find it.

The price was very reasonable indeed, well-placed for the beach. Pleasant receptionist.I

Disappointing experience and no wifi.

Breakfast was poor. No wifi despite saying there was wifi and that it was free. The dining room was an unappetising experience. Reception was like a concession for Mobility Scooters.

The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. Staff were helpful.

Dated and underwhelming

Very dated, unkempt decor that badly needed to be revamped. Windowsills and shelves were dusty with dead flies on them. Staff were friendly but not very professional; we were given a faulty room key and had to ask staff to let us into our room - they didn't check our identifies and we could have been anyone. Breakfast was poor, with undercooked bacon and very few options.

Very cheap and offered a 24hr reception desk, so suitable for anytime travellers looking for a cheap bed for the night.

No hot water in morning, Though problem was fixed, we have...

No hot water in morning, Though problem was fixed, we have the same issue when we stayed in January, so not best pleased. Rooms fine but overall impression was that of a hotel that is beginning to look a bit run down, still value for money. Location excellent. Would stay again.

Won't stay again

Walls so thin you can hear conversation in next room also their dog barking on and off throughout night. Room also very cold. Everywhere needs decorating as some worn areas some dirty areas

Would never stay there again !!!!

Nothing seemed to be cleaned, no fresh friut, yoghurts etc for breakfast. One of the staff was extremely rude to a couple of guests. No assistance was offered to a disabled gentleman and his wife, we had to help them to their table and help them to sit ... he thought I was an employee !!! Floor tiles next to the shower all cracked, and hot water, extremely hot!!! We couldn't shower because it was too hot and couldn't regulate it.

Good room size

Comfortable, friendly atmosphere.

Shower was not very good - a bit cool and low pressure. Radiators did not work in the room but they did give us an electric heater. The WiFi did not reach the rooms but you could access it in the lounge area downstairs.

Friendly staff made you feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Rooms clean and adequate for the stay. Breakfast was cooked fresh.

We would definitely return as the staff made us very welcome, nothing was too much trouble.

The cutlery at breakfast was stained with dishwasher residue and the double doors to the kitchen were covered in numerous finger and hand marks that remained on the doors throughout our stay.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel is in good location with easy access to the town centre.

Upsetting ,disappointed,cold damp room ,n room too small ,had to go to parents locally to enjoy shor

Arrival was very poor check in waited half an hour in reception cold tired n wet .room extremely small exception ally cold no heating we were freezing cold kept clothes on to sleep in,bathroom ceiling mouldy n damp room . ,first morning awoken by false fire alarm mayhem no one knew what to do .went down to breakfast no tables available all dirty n not cleared away,to have breakfast asked for a table to be cleared only to be moved to another table squeezed in between other people on table that needed to be cleared too ! Didn't have breakfast for any of our 4 days stay . In bar had no ice to go into drink n a lemon n lime drink they had no lime .Sunday evening of our stay were locked out of room as key stopped working n nightporter had only pass key my partner went out for evening n I had to stay in room than sit in lounge relaxing so we could get back into room.on check out no one to lodge complaints to to exit hotel on departure. Would never recommended hotel or stay again . Stairs out of bounds leaking ceiling s

Comfy bed.

Easter break 2018

Some building work has obviously been going on but I feel just needs finishing off a bit better! Maybe in time it will. But in all fairness it's reasonable enough and wouldn't slate it just because of it needing a bit of TLC 8 out of 10 maybe

Good location couple minutes walk to the front. Nice and quiet at night. Bit of entertainment at night if bingo is your thing and artist singing 50s and 60s music, not everyone's cup of tea I know but might appeal to slightly older guests.rooms we're tidied and Tea and coffee replenished everyday.

Good location, good value, but a shower would be nice! Never again.

Shower didn’t work, scalding hot water on second floor. No cold water pressure. Given key to another room to use the shower there, same thing happened in that shower. Given another room key, shower also broken. Resorted to a strip wash using sink water and standing in the shower tray! Couldn’t wash my hair until after breakfast on the last day as once again, no water pressure when everyone is using the shower! Door handle broke off the door to the stairs on the 2nd floor, so had to use the lift, worrying in the event of a fire and staff didn’t seem bothered by it. Still like it an hour after we reported it. Refurb not done to a high standard, some parts look lovely and some extremely tired. Bodge job if you ask me. Offered no money back on the room despite shower problems.

Staff were friendly but exhausted as severely understaffed. Receptionist and maid also served food, drinks and ran the entertainment! Easter weekend and I only ever saw 3/4 members of staff and mostly the same two. They did a great job despite being run off their feet and remained friendly, helpful and prompt.

Good value for money would stay there again.

The beds we found a little hard

They have done some good renovations but still in progress. Did not affect our stay in any way, which was very enjoyable. Staff were all very friendly and help to make our stay good.

Easy to find, helpful receptionist, close to promenade and town and useful information in room.

Very noisy. Poor soundproofing so unable to sleep from first being woken at 3-30am Poor breakfast, especially for vegetarians and toast shouldn't be thin sliced bread! Externally, the hotel looks awful. Looks neglected and run down.

Very helpful receptionist.

Was a nice stay!

Car park was on the small side! So I had difficulty parking!!! on my 2nd night stay I went out in the day, on my return I couldn't get a parking space by the "fence side" I had to park by the exit steps my car were infront of the lounge window! I did request a parking bay and phoned receptionist and emailed, due to my Heath issues, perhaps in future in consideration for this, maybe nxt time be issued a pass? Or something numbered on ground a disabled bay put in place marked, would be very good idea to let other stayers without a health issue not to park in the disabled bay just a thought! I would love to stay again but the parking would be an issue sorry.

The Staff was very polite, helpful and caring! my room was very nice everything I needed was there, breakfast standard the dining area and lounge very smart, tidy, clean and excellent thank you, the only problem it was cold in my room, as the other single bed was against the radiator when heating came on, so it felt like no heat around the rest of the room! I was put in a twin room that was offered to me but not had the other choice to see what the single room was like, which I had booked, a single room, so it would of been nice to had the choice! Had the single room been better for me if it had been warmer? I have OSA Obstuctive Sleep Apnoea and I slept well as it was lovely and quiet! Could be helpful if a shelf by the mirror in bathroom to put ladies cosmetics on etc Other then that I had a lovely stay! Thank you very much

Staff friendly.

Exterior looks awful, needs tidying. Plumbing falling apart in first room. No shower door second room, details!! Didn't think you could buy cheaper cereal than Aldi, obviously can, couldn't eat it. Fire alarm went off 6.30 am :-(

Staff friendly. Surprise when a brass band booked in and gave us a free show. Interior decor was modern. Very close to town and coast. Moved to a room with sea view after problems, had a jacuzzi too :-)

Would not book into this hotel again

Weather outside freezing temperatures and radiators only luke warm and actually no heating at all on during the night. Turned on briefly in the morning but still low temperature and by time we retuned to our room after breakfast heating had been switched off again even though outside temperature was freezing. I mentioned it was cold when checking out only to be told I should have phoned down for a heater and that people complained it was either too hot or too cold and you couldn't please everyone. I've never before stayed at a hotel when they turn their heating off in freezing conditions! Booked last minute and price was low but the room was more a single size with a double bed in. Really tiny. No mirror in the room at all. My husband ordered haddock for breakfast and there was a supplement to pay which was fine, but had to pay for this before it could be served.

Location was good and within easy walking distance to the sea.

Reasonable , Basic , Quiet

The facilities were very dated and limited. We were told that we couldn’t access WiFi anywhere on the second floor. Parking is very limited with only a handful of spaces.

Easy to book, Great location, very quiet.

Really lovely

Set just off the main road, so out of the way of any noisy nightlife but still close enough that you’re in the centre in 5 minutes. Friendly staff and lovely interior.

Loved this hotel, stayed for the weekend and the staff gave...

Loved this hotel, stayed for the weekend and the staff gave us an amazing room. There was nothing any of the staff wouldn’t do for us, the rooms were so nice and the food was so nice! Entertainment was fun also, going back in April as I could not say a bad word about the place!

Breakfast on the second morning was not good my daughter...

Breakfast on the second morning was not good my daughter asked for just hash browns and bacon. The bacon had obviously been kept heated for for a while so was rock hard and uneatable disappointing as there were very few in the hotel

Good location. Needs a bit of TLC
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Rooms quite small. First room we had the toilet would not flush, but the really helpful staff moved us to another room with no fuss. Bedding is not provided for use in their baby cots

Nice Breakfast

Lovely stay

Heating was on all night. In areas the decorating was unfinished. Like the bathroom had been tiled but between the wall and door was torn wallpaper

The decor especially the hallway. Good lay out

The accommodation was really nice.

The time for breakfast was to early and to short a time slot. I was visiting relatives so not a problem, but it would prevent me booking for a holiday. Also to hot in rooms, but that is a personal preference.

The accommodation was really nice. Clean, good quality bed linen.

Paper thin walls so could hear everything in the room next door. Room above the entertainment so no early night for us. Shower head sprayed everything in the bathroom but ne. Tired & mauldy decor.

A great hotel, once inside. Far better than it looked from outside!

Entrance was a little unwelcoming and area was a bit dark. It felt like a mistake until we entered the hotel where everything else was perfect.

Staff were friendly, room was spotless, bed was comfortable, food was great.

We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stop there again

It deceiving from the outside when we first saw it we thought it looked tatty .... but when we walked in it was wow its suchard a beautiful place ( we were told they are renovating it)

The staff were friendly .. rooms clean .... lovely breakfast. ... and good value for money

Nice place to stay

No WiFi in the rooms even though I was given the code. Marble entrance is slippery when wet.

There was parking and it is a dog friendly place. Near the beach and town.

Relaxing and enjoyable.

Wi Fi needed in all the rooms and a lockable safe.

The staff were all warm, friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The location was only a minutes walk from the sea and five minutes walk to the shops. There was traditional entertainment every evening enthusiastically and professionally delivered. It was a relaxing and enjoyable time.

Hairs on sheets, dusty windowsills cobwebs in room, horrendous breakfast and staff hard to find

Dirty windowsill and cobwebs in room, I’m asthmatic so dust is not good for me, badly laid carpets in hallways trip hazzard, breakfast was horrendous in fact myself and husband came away feeling rather peaky, bacon kept in a barnarie was salty and wet with a nasty bitter taste. We tried to get a drink at the bar but there was no one serving in the evening around 9:30 pm, there was a disco on for the night entertainment. and they have a minimum balance of. £10 if using card, we decided to go to bed and have a cup of tea instead.

Hotel is under updating so some areas new some old, will be stunning when finished. The bed was comfy and lovely new bathroom

Terrible.

Hotel is run down. Carpet on the stairs was gaffer taped. Room was unfinished. Bathroom was small, dirty and unfinished. Breakfast was awful.

Free parking.

it was ok

the room was dirty cobwebs on ceiling a great big spider in our room moved the bed to catch it and it was filthy .

the staff are lovely and food is great

The room, food, and staff was fantastic.

The room, food, and staff was fantastic. made us feel very welcome . They went above and beond to do all they could to make our stay well worth the trip , will be going back again

Easy walking distance to sea an

Our room was by a stairwell so a bit noisy also room above speaker for evening entertainment so quite loud Whilst watching tv

V comfortable bed and lift to floors. Excellent size tv and modern walk in shower.

4 Nights B&B with a nice breakfast each morning. Value for money.

Bed very comfy, Staff very pleasent and helpful. Room very nice with tea and coffee replaced each morning. Could do with a bigger car park but we had no problem parking.

Very good room at first glance but very poor finishings were a let down

Substandard reception service out of hours and disappointing breakfast, hairs on bedsheets, cheap finishings in the bedroom and very rundown common areas, cheap feel, not good value.

Very central, close to seafront.

Conveniently located for everything &very friendly,

Dining room looked a little dated. Had a dog barking in one of rooms along corridor when anyone passed,went on after we went to bed &then was scratching at our door before we got up!😕

Impressed with the decor in room ,very clean. Lovely girl on desk when we arrived,very helpful.

Very relaxing. and central to amenities, cannot fault the staff very friendly.

only complaint the mattress was a little hard.also the hotel is being renovated. and parking some days was difficult as it is first come first served .

The staff were very friendly , and helpful . The new breakfast area ( dog only clients) is great to be able to keep the dog with you .the entertainment in the evening was enjoyable and the small bar was an asset .only complaint would be the hard mattress.lovely modern bathroom ..whilst we were staying at the hotel it was very hot reception sorted a fan out for us .

Bed and breakfast OK but the Kitchen ( Cook ) needs a big shake up.

Dinner very poor uncooked and burnt food served at the same meal. Dirty serving clothes. You must complain at the meal time as Hotel will not enter into complaints after! even if you are still staying there. The restaurant needs to be refurbished.

bedroom & facilities good but very compact,

Fine for a night away

They had a disco downstairs on the Friday night and our room was above this room and the music was pounding though the floor this did stop at 11pm.The bed was very small. The breakfast wasn't great.

Easy to find and close to the centre of town

Dont revamp, demolish it.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Says dog friendly but you couldnt take your dog anywhere within the hotel other than your room. And your not allowed to leave your dog unattended in the room at any point. This really restricted us as to where we could go and what we could do. We couldnt go to the zoo. We couldnt eat in the hotel. Because of hotel restrictions the hotel effectively ruined our little mini break. Hot water pipe open in our room was scoulding hot. Room was very small for a family room. Toilet seat was lose and had to be tightened whilst there. Bathroom sink was blocked, hotel did amend. Chocolate bar in vending machine was treat size and charged 70p. Have photographic proof. 4 person lift is very out dated and dangerous. My son got injured due to doors opening outwards and not being able to see or hear people in it befor it was to late to move. Very disappointed all round to be honest.

The Victoria public park behind the hotel was lovely.

Better hotels for the money elsewhere.

Car park was inadequate for number of guests. Room was smelly and could not locate reason. Waiters at breakfast took an age to serve, especially in dog section of restaurant. They also didn't seem very happy in their work. Breakfast was small and lacked choices. No mushroom or hash brown or black pudding. No croissants either. Buffet might be better. No WiFi in rooms, only outside main door!! Building in need of major tlc on exterior. No indication of cost of taking dog until arrival. Would not return to this hotel.

Bathroom was modern and the female receptionist was friendly. Shower was excellent.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Only let down was the limited parking, but you will find this at most hotels/ bed and breakfasts in Paignton.

Lovely atmosphere around the hotel. Room was clean and well decorated with VERY comfortable beds. Great location to all amenities in Paignton.

Brilliant location.

Bedrooms need to be cleaned more thorough My bed mattress was not comfortable I think the springs had gone.

Brilliant location. Bedroom was small but it did for me & my daughter as you only sleep in there! Bathroom was stunning but did need a roller blind on our window as it was frosted but you could see shadow outline . Parking could be better but I had a space and didn't move it all weekend. Lounge was lovely but it was a shame a lot more people don't use it because it has a lovely dance floor as well. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was lovely didn't have evening meal but did have snacks which were lovelly. I would definitely go back the value was fantastic and location plus on site bar till 11.30 it was perfect

Nice hotel, good breakfast, staff very friendly. Need to sort out fans for the rooms.

Room was far too hot couldn't sleep. Window was very small & didn't allow for any cool air to circulate. I appreciate that the weather was very warm that weekend, but the hotel should allow for that kind of thing & perhaps put a fan in the rooms to compensate. We couldn't use the shower because there was no way we could control the temperature of the water, it was far too hot in fact scalding.

Location was very good. Breakfast was excellent.

Enjoyable stay as hotel conviently located.

Parking could be better(if been later getting to Paignton would have struggled to find parking space)but luckily managed to park as Street parking metered in the area.

Staff were friendly & helpful. Enjoyed stay as room tidy & good selection of breakfast. Evening meal was good & reasonable in price.

Ok - but not good for families

Our room was directly above the bar. We have a nine month old baby. They had a live band playing until 11pm and it was as if they were playing in our bedroom.

Friendly staff, modern and clean facilities

Would not stay again.....have stayed in better cheaper, and better run BB...thought this was a Hotel

Hotel was being used like a commercial BB with workmen coming in early evening taking all the small car park up.just parking were they liked.

Room was ok, been decorated but the windows were old and broken not able to close properly. ... Shower in a lovely part modernised bathroom was just a tap shower over the bath...which came away from the wall if you moved it whilst showering.

Enjoyed our stay

Parking isn't good

Hotel is being modernised, our room was lovely and it was comfy & clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was just enough. Entertainment wasn't on whilst we were there. But overall we had a lovely weekend.

Improve the plumbing!

Shower hit and miss, cold more often than warm. Shower front was open meant water goes all over the place. Room a little compact.

Comfy beds, good TV. Good breakfast and bar facilities.Bathroom decorated nicely however see below.

Service in the restaurant was very poor, with the exception...

Service in the restaurant was very poor, with the exception of Shaun, mainly caused by a lack of training and difficulty in understanding English. Poor soundproofing between rooms resulted in constant intrusion from neighbours television etc. Breakfast was nowhere near as good as I'd expected.

Clean and basic.

Could have used better quality food items and not cheap ones as you can taste this and we had to pay an extra £48 for our dogs even though we booked it through a booking .com dog friendly hotel,for a weekend this is a lot extra as they do nothing for your dog. Requested a parking spot and dogs bowl for water but got none and it took an hour to get the ironing board as someone else had it.

Shower room apart from mould on ceiling ,the shower was lovely.

Great accommodation for the price, location, welcoming staff, up & coming place to stay.

Single room, the toilet was broken but managed to fix it and inform the maintenance team, well resolved. Bed was comfortable but the room was crammed with furniture, the head board is just purely wrong!! It was ugly and in the way of the two bedside lamps, remove it and it will make all the difference. Resturant staff need to have a staff plan on who stays on the floor with welcoming guests, orders, bringing out food. A lot of confusion due to no one on the floor, and guests just doing what they wanted hence the staff not knowing where to go to, then guests being upset at not getting the orders in (their own fault of course but a headache and not a good review from what I heard). I observe as I have been in the hotel business before. A sign up on the counter saying wait to be seated rather than on the board nr the floor. Can never please & satisfy all customers when food can be smelt & its just there!!

Great welcome staff extra nice, The refit of the rooms, bathrooms & halls look like a great improvement.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Small hiccup to start, but good!

Booked this for my parents via the Booking.com website and the room that they were given was definitely not what was advertised. They said it was more like staff quarters but the staff gave them another room when they said.

Booked this for my parents and they loved how close the hotel was to everything! £5 for a day ticket on the bus and you can travel to Brixham, Torquay and back.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

I made an error booking this hotel

A unprofessional operation.a fire alarm going off in middle of nite ought to have brought a professional response...nothing at all.

Nothing very much.fire alarm improper finishing on repairs being undertaken no hair dryer in Room.dining facilities cramped

parking massive problem,shame,couldve been good.

the parking,I had to use a car park that cost 10 pounds for overnight , had to find somewhere to get change for it too,plus it was miles away. nearly burnt alive in the shower,the towels were not very clean and the entire building was still being built/re built.

the decor was top quality in style

Not worth the money.

Way beyond what I expected after reading reviews. Wallpaper was falling out, room was so moist that you could feel it on all our clothes, sheets and towels. There was no parking spaces even though we booked two rooms. There was no choice of hot breakfast at all, they only serve full english which wasn't good.

Room was clean. Staff was nice and helpful. Good location.

TIDY

I think that the hotel is in the process of upgrading some of their rooms. I found my single room to be very clean and tidy - except for the radiator which was in need of re-decorating. I am not that fussy so it didn't bother me BUT the hotel might want to sort this out in case some fussy people stay. Overall excellent value for money - no complaints - just a suggestion - would have had 10/10. I could only give the place a 9!!!

The staff were nice. The room was fine - the bathroom was top drawer - very modern, clean and tidy.

Nearly, but not quite!

The room was well presented but the cleaning of the bathroom needs to be addressed. The Bath was clean, but the sink was poor, the general feel was OK but with a little attention could have been very good. The Breakfast on our first morning didn't inspire us to eat in the hotel that evening and the following morning we ate breakfast out. Again its the details that let the hotel down. The coffee is poor, the porridge had no taste, even with added honey. For the price of £75 a night i expected better, would have been better at £49.50 for the qualities there.

The Hotel was OK, we had a nice room and a great bathroom with whirlpool bath (unexpected), however there was no view from the room but this wasn't an issue. The hotel is an old fashioned feeling place with staff smartly dressed. They were pleasant. We arrived late and were welcomed within 3 minutes of ringing the bell by a man that smelt like he had been working long hours.

Room was OK but but the cleanliness of the cutlery and crockery was absolutely shocking!

The crockery and cutlery in the restaurant and breakfast area was absolutely disgusting. My family could not find a clean bowl to have breakfast they were all dirty. The coffee facilities were disgusting dirty cups, dirty milk jug this was the same on every table, diabolical! The shower control was broken so was the push down type sink plug it was also broken we could not empty the sink. Not a great experience!

Nice room.

easy to find and well looked after and a good price

the parking can be done but it is very small if the hotel has guests with own cars

The rooms were excellent clean and modern the bathroom was also of a very high standard tiled from floor to ceiling with modern tiles the food you could not fault, fresh and hot you may wait while its being cooked but hey, the hotel is being renovated with only the foyer and a couple of landings to finish overall it is a nice hotel in a very quiet cul d sac and very reasonable priced. some rooms are a bit small but youre not living in it

We were glad it was only for 2 nights.

I booked a room for myself and my wife and that was okay and i asked for a single room for a disabled gentleman when we got to the Hotel they told us the room for the disabled person was on the first floor but the lift was not big enough to fit a wheelchair in even after taking the footplates off so i had to pay £30 extra for him to have a twin room on the ground floor and even then the wheelchair did not fit into the bathroom.

The staff were nice and the breakfast was very good

AWFUL NEVER AGAIN

Any of the hotel.Was nothing like the photos on website they were taken years ago by looks of things.Room 218 bathroom updated but not finished as paintwork not been done,main room clean but very small and dated.when window open stink from kitchen extraction comes into room.humming noise all day and night when anyone used water on 2nd floor.And doors slamming.bed and pillows useless.After 3 complaints was moved to 105 slightly better until morning when woken up by doors slamming at 6am and dog barking at 6.45 .Didn't eat at hotel but was told i wasn't missing anything.reception area smart but marble floor very slippery when wet.No entertainment on sat or Sunday night.would not recommend anyone staying at this dirty rundown hotel.Think owners ought to be forced to stay in the rooms then they might see the crap they charge for.

GOING HOME