Reviews of Trearddur Bay Hotel 3 stars

Lon Isallt, Trearddur, LL65 2UN, United Kingdom

#3 of 4 hotels in Trearddur

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The mattress on the bed was a little too firm for me.

The room was light and spacious, nicely decorated with a lovely view across the bay. The staff were helpful, very friendly and welcoming. The garden and the patio areas were superb, tables and benches for outside dining and the flowers on each table in the garden was a nice touch. We were fortunate to have great weather so spent a lot of our time outdoors.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Superb staff, couldn't be any more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was done with a smile and absolute courtesy. Rooms were immaculate and had a lovely informal 'seaside' theme - food excellent and facilities very good. Location right on Trearrdur Bay could not be better - less than a minute to the beach! Overall, a highly enjoyable stay, would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Cooked items from the buffet breakfast need to be hotter

Pleasant welcoming staff Quiet room provided as requested Comfy and clean room Plenty of parking

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Breakfast. Arrived at a reasonable time but it looked as if the buffet was closing down with no yoghurt or fresh fruit. Seemed a bit mean to charge extra for scrambled egg rather than the fried.

A beautiful room with balcony. Rather expensive but great comfort and excellent views across the bay. Had a good meal at the attached pub. Love the swimming pool.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Bit dated in the dining room. Window handle was broken and locked but they did unlock it. Head waiter at breakfast was very abrupt with people.

Location. Beach huts in the grounds with heating and lighting. Reception staff very helpful.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff were amazing , we did mess them about a bit with our rooms , as we asked for a twin but booking .com had not informed them of this , so we got a double , thinking it was only for a night , but it was just a double and we thought it was too small, so they moved us into a double and made it a twin , nothing was too much trouble for them , food was lovely , we will deffinatly be returning .

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

There was a patch of bad damp behind the curtain on the wall near the balcony door.

The staff were fab, nothing was too much trouble and breakfast was amazing!!!

would be nice to be offered discount voucher for return stay?

Friendly staff especially bar staff if there was more veggie breakfast options would be full marks!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The service and food at breakfast on Sunday morning was poor. It was buffet style and was not kept topped up even after several requests to staff. If your going to do breakfast buffet at least make sure there’s enough food constantly being supplied !!!

The service at dinner and the food was great.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was no lift but staff brought the luggage to our room which helped.

This was a very relaxing Hotel to stay in before heading to the early ferry to Dublin. Much better than staying in the Port area I feel.

• Classic Single Room

The view from my bedroom was not good. It overlooked the rubbish bins. Also, the light over my washbasin was not working. The throw over the bed and the cushion were extremely gaudy and made of a very unpleasant fabric. My mattress was very lumpy on one side. Sorry, but you did ask.

Nice bright room; all very clean. Staff very friendly.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Great bed,so comfortable The room was nice but the attention to detail lost points The light over mirror removed and just taped up the wire, mouldings on furniture need good clean.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was a mistake in the billing as a bottle of wine amounting to £19.50 was credited to our account which we had not had. It took a bit of sorting out as they were not going to accept my word that we had not had it and investigations had to be carried out before they would accept that it was a mistake.

Nice and roomy with very friendly staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Coulodn't use the pool as I was on my own. Health and safety issues I know but it was a dissappointment.

Every member of Staff was pleasant and genuinely welcoming

Nothing really apart from pool was slightly chilly

Very comfortable beds, wonderful view of the whole bay from the larger than expected bedroom, good variety on the menus, breakfast well laid out with plenty of options, friendly staff, superb location, excellent stay all round.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

It was noisy at night when we had our window open with generator noise from part of the hotel.

Fabulous Hotel with very helpful and friendly staff. Lovely breakfast and gorgeous room with a sea view and balcony.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff were less than helpful, on Friday night we had dinner in the bay inn which served until 9.30pm we were seated at 8.30pm, but we had to keep asking to be served, one of the main meals was not correct and because they close at 9.30pm the staff turn everything off (coffee machine etc), at 9.20pm the staff did not offer offer desert or coffee etc, On Saturday night we arrived back and went to the Bay Inn for a drink, at 10.20pm the bar was closed and the music turned off and the staff held there own little drinks party, its not a relaxing, feeling as though you shouldn't be there. The room was very tired and the mattress was very bad, the spring had gone and you could pull the top and bottom of the mattress together, you would get a better mattress in a second hand shop. there is no lift or help with luggage

it was close to the sea.

Nothing negative at all

Stunning view gorgeous room with balcony overlooking the sea🙂. Great breakfast- lots of choice and all the staff at reception and breakfast very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again, and can be quite fussy!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I didn't like that there was no lift!! In this day and age I'm afraid a lift is necessary for a disabled guest like me!!! I knew there was no lift when I booked the hotel and 'managed'- it did put a bit of a dampener on my stay though!! Having said that, I would definitely stay again!

Beautiful hotel, lovely bedroom/bathroom/facilities Hotel is spotlessly clean, the food is great- we had breakfast and dinner in the Bay Restaurant. Excellent staff throughout the hotel, both friendly and courteous. We will definitely be back! Thank you Jean and Robert Bradley Stay 31/3 - 02/4 2018

The mattress was uncomfortable as the springs were coming through

The selection of tea, coffee, biscuits and hot chocolate in the room was a real treat.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Seeing parking meters on arrival. Checked with reception and parking was free when they have your car registration. Would have been nice to have been advised about the meters prior to arrival.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful at all times. The food was excellent in the Bay Bistro and breakfast was very well organized.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

When we arrived there was two double rooms booked. I asked for 1 double and 1 twin room, as the twin was for our 2 sons , whom were attending there Grans funeral with us. As they are aged 38 and 40 yrs old, would not appreciatte sharing a bed. It was sorted within half hr. also other members of the family did not have to pay until they checked out. We were told to pay immediately, as we booked with booking.com. My husband prefers to pay when we check out, so will have to book direct with the hotel next time.

Everything was very nice, and had all the facilities we needed.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Still waiting for a poached egg I ordered at breakfast, had to ask twice for coffee, bottle left in corner of balcony from previous guest, parts of the hotel very tired e.g. Felt tip marks on breakfast table, loose floor tile on balcony by rail, some tears on pillow cases and quilt cover room very warm ( fan in room but just blew hot air around)

Great location lovely views

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Even in a high standard hotel you could still hear the people in the other rooms, the floor in the room was sloping and some of the chairs are fading and you have cars parked below BUT it didn’t,t take away from the overall impact of the view and room.

The fact that we were able to take our dog and not be put in a side room we were able to have a superior room. The room service although you had to pay extra it was much easier with the dog. The fish and chips were fantastic . The staff and especially the reception were extremely helpful they organised patio furniture straight away plus room service with no problems.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

It rained heavily the night we stayed and water came in under our patio doors soaking the carpet in our room

Spacious room, lovely view of the bay, fantastic breakfast

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The 2 single beds were together when we arrived. This was easily remedied. The shower was just high enough to reach over my head due to a drop in the ceiling level where the shower is located. The hotel had 3 Tesla charge points, but no charge point to connect other Electric Vehicles. We were exporting a Nissan Leaf. A single type 2 socket would have been enough, or even a normal 3 pin socket, but neither were available. Lots of Electric Vehicles are exported via Holyhead and this would be a great feature for anyone staying overnight. I would definitely stay again however.

I stayed in room 9 with my Brother in Law. The bathroom was cleverly hidden behind the wardrobes. The receptionist called it "the Narnia Room". It was an unusual, quirky, but nice feature. We had breakfast at 9 and the restaurant was not busy. The buffet was nice and well made.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We had a twin room and the mattress on the bed was not very comfortable; you could feel the springs.

The staff were wonderful and friendly and made sure that our dog was welcomed. The location is excellent and the food was reasonably priced and very tasty.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Really can't find any negatives about this hotel.

This was overall a superb hotel from the nice large room to the friendly professional staff. We both said it was the best uk hotel we have stopped in. Treurrder bay is a great place too.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The noise made by hotel staff during the night on the lower floor, left us being unable to sleep through the bashing and moving things around.

Staff, hotel location, restaurant, rooms all excellent.

That I had to leave 😢

Gorgeous room with sea view. Just perfect. All the staff were friendly and would do anything to help make your stay. Food - top notch. Roast potatoes to die for. Perfect breakfast with the best poached egg I've had for a long time in a hotel. Swimming pool perfect. I cannot praise this hotel enough. Well done to whoever is responsible for staff training. Amazing team

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The room, the price, the entire experience.

Upon arrival I was informed that I will have to pay a further £30 as my partner was with me. The room was hot and falling apart. The walls are dusty and the bathroom filthy. I paid £180 for a £50 room. I will not he returning to this hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The weather was windy and cold and the room was not warm enough.

The deluxe room had a fabulous view from the balcony and a lovely sitting area in the room.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The air conditioner was a bit noisy although I already switched it to quiet !

The rooms were great, spacious and comfy ! I felt almost like home in the rooms, really like it ! Also, breakfast was awesome, quite good variety of foods for starting a day. I was lucky as the morning started with some sunshine and we all went to the beach, really beautiful.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Bright light at window all night very intrusive. Steps up to bathroom with cramped access. Low angled ceiling support to hit head on. No hot water for shower at 10am. Steep, narrow stairs to room.

Friendly staff, very good location

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I was unsure about the swimming pool - it seemed to be closed - but in fairness I didn't ask so it could have been open but not clear how to access

the room was lovely, the complimentary tea coffee etc was a nice touch. The staff were so helpful and the breakfast was one of the best I have had

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel was very clean Lovely spacious bedroom Modern well equipped bathroom Good breakfast All staff were polite friendly and very helpful

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Great location to use as a stopping point to get the early morning ferry, but breakfast is not served until 8. The staff did though go out of their way to provide toast and coffee, so I can’t fault them there. It might be an idea to have the ability to order a breakfast roll or something more substantial to take first thing in the morning if getting the ferry? One other issue, and it may sound like i’m being picky, but the floor boards upstairs in the hall ways and bedroom are very very creaky.

Great location for the ferry. Nice comfortable room. Staff were friendly and helpful. Bar/restaurant are quite nice as well.

This is not a complaint about the hotel, but when I booked I specified one room for two adults, single beds. I was charged extra for the second adult as the booking the hotel received from Booking.com was for only one adult. The room however was made up with a double bed and a sofa bed!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Noise from cellar all night not switched off at 11pm. Was offered an alternative but hotel was full and someone else would have got the noise and needed room close to parents. They did say they were going to look into resetting timer and as maintenance chaps were there sorting out the alarm going off in reception I thought this would be a safe bet to keep room which was a beautiful room. Pool a little tied would be nice to get small gym/sauna fitted in somewhere. Cold porridge? may be a welsh thing, would have liked a fish option

Staff were lovely; Tea and coffee tray, complimentary water and toiletries excellent; Quality of bedding and towels good and Fab quality sausages and bacon at breakfast.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Arriving to a hotel car park that said you had to pay to park there, (it could have been clearer that this does not apply to residents), being allocated a room that was costing £94 a night but had a fence right near to the window obstructing any view, i was relocated to a room with an actual view to my relief but could have done without this complication to my arrival.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, quick to solve any problems ( see below) the hotel was attractively furnished, very comfortable and the location was great.

• Deluxe Single Room with Balcony

Being offered a room with a fence right in front of the window ( room 12) . Its not cheap to stay there so for that price it was shocking to be offered a room with such an awful non-view. I didn't book a sea view but i just expected to overlook a car park not to have no view. The photos show room 12 and the far more preferable room i was offered later. Although staff relocated me when i complained I wish i didn't have to have the hassle of flagging this up and it delayed me settling into my holiday.

Staff were very friendly and helpful and solved any problems swiftly. Location is great.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Rather chaotic at breakfast Saturday morning. Not enough tables to seat everyone. Had to wait the lounge. Food not replenished. Disappointing for an expensive hotel. Better on Sunday and Monday.on

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The kingsize bed was two beds pushed together. Massive but not as comfortable. Smell of the bar restaurant. A loud party could have been sat in the private room. Not many places to stop off for a drink/break on our walks.

The choice of different restaurants in and around the hotel. The pool was a good temperature and I liked the potted plants decorating the area. Towels provided and changing areas were good. Tasty breakfast. Responsive staff. Furniture in the lounge areas, different places to sit. Amazing walks around the hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Perhaps a bit more choice at breakfast. I am used to being offered a choice of scrambled egg or poached eggs etc rather than just the help yourself buffet with only fried egg on offer. It is also now usual to find a veggie sausage alternative.

the room was light airy and plush with a great bed and spacious bathroom

• Classic Double or Twin Room

After booking this hotel I phoned to ask there were any gluten free options available for the breakfast as my wife is gluten intolerant and specifically asked for bread to at least have toast.I was assured by the receptionist that this was not a problem as all allergies were catered for,However at breakfast we were told there was no gluten options and no bread was available.My wife asked for a boiled egg this arrived 20 minutes later uncooked.Very very disappointing.We complained and did not pay for the breakfasts but it ruined what was otherwise a pleasant stay.We do feel that the hotel should take a serious look at this issue

Nice hotel friendly staff good location

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Due to staff shortages breakfast was disappointing, however the staff were trying their best to accommodate everyone. The plates were cold and hot food available from the self help buffet was also cold. It is very difficult to keep food warm when guests are constantly removing lids in order to help themselves to food, perhaps this method of keeping food hit should be reviewed.There was a good choice of hot and continental style breakfAst items. Despite this minor issue we would certainly return to the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Beautifu, comfortablel room with a spacious bathroom complete with shower and claw footed roll top bath. Very close to the beach and within walking distance of beaches and restaurants. On site swimming pool looked clean and well maintained, all though we didn't use it. All the staff were extremely helpfully and friendly, we were made to feel very welcome.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I would have liked some bread rolls at breakfast.

Lovely and warm hotel, very comfortable bed, staff very friendly and helpful, could see the bay from our window, and just a two minute walk to the beach. Food at the Inn very good and a good price.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Run down rooms, very hot and stuffy in room, no windows, shower door didn't shut, uncomfortable bed, tiny space in room, weird layout of room, dirty floor on arrival.

Near the beach

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The food was poor. The vegetables in particular were disgusting! Several dishes on the menu were not available. Breakfast ended at 9.30. Ridiculous. The eggs at breakfast were cold! The restaurant was too small for a full hotel on sunday morning. I had to wait 15 minutes for a cup of tea. The shower did not work!! The double bed did not have a double mattress. Rather it had 2 single mattresses together. This would have been a problem if my wife was with me. The room was over priced.

The location. The staff were very pleasant.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The friendliness of all the staff and the overall relaxing atmosphere of the whole place. Breakfast had a great choice of food from an array of fresh fruits, cheese and pastries to hearty cooked breakfasts.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

There was nothing to dislike

This was booked for my sons wedding night. The room was superb. It had everything the new couple could have wanted and more. Very luxurious

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The first room given was "up in the attic", very steep stairs, room small ensuite even smaller. Second room the bed was terrible, springs on mattress all very obvious and even outer wire framework very uncomfortable. The service in bar/food area was awful, slow and all staff inattentive, clear that staff were not motivated at all to perform, direct reflection on management.

Not a lot

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was on the small side for someone 6ft 7ins tall.

The breakfast was good and also the evening meal, with delicious real ales. It is a great location to explore the lovely beaches and places to walk on Anglesey. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Nothing all good would love to spend longer there next time

Felt very warm and friendly all the staff were happy smiling and very polite. They made the hotel . The rooms was perfect all clean with a stunning bed and we were in the standard room . I couldn't ask for more .

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Noise from out side air conditioning cooler units all day and night in adjacent building overlooked by rms 2 quote from reception, some people here it some do not, no sorry explanation, would stay again but not in that or adjacent rm No' s.

Lovely setting,

Prawns on salmon special were really really fishy. The pool smelt really strong of chlorine

Ham was quality and fresh fruit and cooked breakfast lovely!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The price is ridiculous for what it is. We were quite clearly paying for the location & the date (August). We paid £160 for a room worth £80/£90, in all honesty. For that I reason, I wouldn't stay there again or at least not in summer.

The room was comfortable but nothing special & a member of staff, maybe a manager, dealt with a problem in the room very quickly & to our satisfaction. Staff were all friendly & efficient. Good views of the sea from our room.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

parts of the hotel are looking rather tiered, our room had obviously had a leak and had big marks on the ceiling above the bed, also the carpet was very dirty. there was no soap dish or shelf in the shower cubical to put your soap and shampoo ,

good hot buffet breakfast, good quality beacon and sausages, good selection of cereal and fresh fruits, cold meats. comfy bed, good views of the bay, friendly staff .

Bed in one of the rooms was slightly lumpy. We felt it would have been useful to have had folders of local info in the bedrooms. Restaurants in this town all v busy over bank holiday, would have appreciated a warning that bookings were essential

Very attractive rooms. Fantastic sea views. Helpful receptionist. Great buffet breakfast. Really enjoyed evening meal in the Inn downstairs.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is dated and could use some sprucing up. There were damp marks on the walls in the room and the restaurant, and the room smelt damp. There was a lot of noise from the corridors and the surrounding rooms. Needs a bit of TLC.

The location and the views from the room were fantastic. The room was big.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was okay but overpriced and not very tasty. We had stayed before several times (due to the 5 minute drive to the ferry port) and remembered the food as being much better. The other big issue is that breakfast starts at 8am on saturday mornings and this was too late for our ferry. A lot of other guests were in the same position and it seems ridiculous for a hotel where one of the major selling points is proximity to the ferry port and they create meals times for quests that don't take account of popular ferry times. We were offered a continental breakfast earlier, but that was not what we wanted.

This is a nice hotel in a great location for Holyhead. The receptionist was good and very helpful and we had a lovely room which was spacious and had a balcony with a view of the beach

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Invited family for a meal in the evening ,it was at best ok the menu was not very inspiring, bland presentation of food ,chips not peasant etc which was a huge disappointment as we atr there last summer whilst staying elsewhere and the meals were fantastic .

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Poor service. We were there for a sporting event the hotel was advertising. They said an early breakfast would be no problem, and about 10 other guests appeared to have asked the same. We asked for room service but had to go down in the end as it was getting so late. Breakfast was a shambles, with only half of what we ordered appearing. Would it have been so hard to set out a continental buffet half an hour early? Dinner at the bar the night before was also poorly done. Kitchen just couldn't cope, even though half the tables were empty. Bar service too was slow.

Lovely room and location

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Reception area a little tired looking, the sea view was across the car park, and if staying at the back of the hotel the windows looked on to a wooden fence.

Staff were excellent. Rooms bright and airy in the front of hotel.

The bedrooms needed a bit of tlc, carpet needed a good clean and furniture a good polish. The main resturant and bar closed on Sunday so we had to eat in the informal resteraunt again. This could have been made clear to us on arrival.

Location and staff fantastic and plenty of parking spaces

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff trying to blame booking.com for showing us photos of the wrong rooms when booking! Take responsibility for your own business and sort it!!!

Leaving....

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Although the room was comfortable, I found it could have been a little cleaner, e.g.. the light fittings was dusty and also the doors could have been a little cleaner, but having said that everything was fine.

Breakfasts were excellent plenty of choice and also dinner menu, all food excellent, staff very polite and friendly, nothing too much trouble.

• Standard Family Room

Noisy kitchen apparatus (extractor fan, probably) just outside my window. The wonky TV on the wall. No biscuits. No area to work - just a too-small dressing table. The price. The poor service at dinner (wrong starter brought out, so I was overcharged, and miminal apology after a long wait for the replacement).

The hotel was fine, the room was fine, the food was fine. It was fine. Just expensive for what it was.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Poor room for the money - claustrophobic small window onto portacabin, 2 lights not working, toilet bowl so close to side wall almost impossible to sit, wardrobe just a small uncovered alcove. small patch of paint peeling from l/h wall under window. Acceptable perhaps as an "economy" room , but not at this price! !Also Reception failed to pass on phone message from my son to me on Wednesday am as "phone in bedroom (22) was not working" Fortunately, I enquired ....I had also, forlornly, said at checkin that I hoped they could give me a nice room as I was paying handsomely for one person, but 22 was it!! Customer service as promised by GM Peter has not been picked up in Reception !!

Very good buffet breakfast and helpful waiting-on staff

nothing no fault at all

lovely hotel all the little touches of free bottles of water biscuits plenty of other things to drink tea coffee staff lovely breakfast great nothing is to much trouble would stay there again

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was a smudge of food on our menu. Although the staff thought they'd cleared another table satisfactorily, I could see there was quite a bit of food left on the floor underneath it. The restaurant food was a bit on the average side - my chicken dish was dry and I didn't enjoy my dessert - a wasted opportunity!

The staff were extremely polite and helpful. We were given lots of choice over our G & T's and thoroughly enjoyed them. The room was very comfortable indeed and we enjoyed our swim.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The service in the bar was variable.

The bedroom was decorated tastefully. It was clean and comfortable. The location was good for walking along the Anglesey footpath without having to move the car.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

No lift so was difficult with a young infant.

Has a lovely few days here as a family holiday. Staff were lovely and helpful. Pool as nice. Had a fabulous spacious room .

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Good choice at breakfast, all very nice except for the toast! Just a small detail but toast was only cooked on one side and quite cold. We didn't mention this to staff as everything else was good and staff were busy.

Very friendly receptionist who gave us a lovely greeting and explained necessary details about the hotel and area. Excellent and comfortable room with lovely furniture and attention to detail with pictures etc

• Classic Double or Twin Room

THE ONLY THING THAT IS NOT THE BEST IS THE BREAKFAST AS WHILST THERE IS A GOOD VARIETY WE FIND THAT THE FOOD HAS BEEN COOKED A LONG TIME.

EVERYTHING, WHERE ME AND MY WIFE HAVE BEEN MANY TIMES AND ALWAYS GOOD.