Reviews of Tudor Lodge Hotel 3 stars

400 Nuthall Road, Nottingham, NG8 5DS, United Kingdom

#8 of 17 B&Bs and Inns in Nottingham

I would have like to have a desk in the room to work at, but Darren offered a good alternative, to open the dining room next door and work there, which was fine.

Excellent full English breakfast and very much appreciated flexibility of landlord Darren to accommodate breakfast early in the morning. The hotel has a nice small garden at the back to enjoy the sun.

Very small shower room/toiletwhich made drying oneself difficult but that was rectified by drying in the bedroom.

Warm friendly proprietor and staff. Comfortable and clean. Our request for ground floor accomadation because of our dog was exceed as we also had our own door to the outside. Great breakfast, beautifully cooked.

The manager was very helpful, kind and polite, and the lady dealing with breakfast, despite being a bit nervous as it was her first day on the job and I was her very first customer, she was impecable. I will certainly stay here again when next I need a bed for the night in NottinghamNothing

• Triple Family Room

From the moment we arrived until we left,we where made to feel very welcome. Also even served breakfast early so that we could get to our daughter's rowing competition on time. A start service

• Triple Family Room

There were no issues during our stay, there was a bit of noise in the night presumably from some other residents but I think I only heard that because I was already awake.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and breakfast was gorgeous. The room was what we expected, we'd booked a 3 bed room for after a gig in town so it was just somewhere to crash afterwards. Beds were nice and comfortable, room was clean, en-suite was small but functional. It was warm and clean and just what we needed.

• Triple Family Room

Shower room a bit basic but ok for short stay

Rooms comfortable basic but all we needed lounge and breakfast was fabulous derren the manger couldnt do enough for us would stay again

• Triple Family Room

I was expecting a very basic room/amenities for my stay, but the staff exceeded my expectations. They were very polite & helpful. The Coffee/breakfast is great, rooms quiet, clean and comfortable. The chip shop across the road does great fish n chips and the salon next door to the hotel offers the best sports massage & haircut - which was a complete bonus to my stay! There's free off-road parking -Great considering the A610 outside is one of the busiest roads in Notts...I'll definitely be back

The shower room could do with updating.

Good value. Comfortable bedroom with very good mattress. Patio doors from my room would give immediate access to the garden for a summer visit. Good location with bus stop to city centre right outside. Plenty of parking. Friendly and helpful staff.

No marmalade

Excellent breakfast even though there was no marmalade. Whilst an old building it was warm, clean, had all we needed for a short stay. We shall return.

Nothing to dislike.

Very welcoming, nice and clean and comfortable. Had an excellent nights sleep. The owners were lovely and friendly and very approachable. The breakfast and breakfast room were everything you could hope for, would definitely stay there again and the free parking was very useful.

The only down side would be, that we had room 17 downstairs with patio doors ( which was great ), but being by the hotel entrance, it was a bit noisy at times. My wife suggested it might be nice to have some garden furniture in and around the grounds...

Great and friendly host ( Darren ). Very attentative and nothing's to much trouble. Very nice breakfast. Would definitely recommend and go back again 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾.....

A really friendly, comfortable hotel. Owner was very helpful, polite and accommodating. Room was clean and well equipped and cleaned daily. Cooked breakfast delicious. Would recommend.

Nothing really. The area is not particularly attractive, but that is not the hotel's fault, and if you're just looking for a base while you stay in Nottingham, you won't have any problems at all.

The area is not great, but this hotel is like a little oasis. Great rooms, extremely helpful staff, and a proper breakfast. I will definitely be staying again, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

The rooms were lovely, clean and aired. Nothing seemed too much trouble for anyone, all staff were really friendly, with a lovely breakfast served by a lovely young lady in a quaint, very clean dining room. Thank you for a very comfortable stay.

Lovely sized room. Had my own door leading to the garden which being a smoker was great. Very comfortable bed with lovely soft sheets. Lots of light in the room. The shower gel dispensers were perfect. Lovely dining room where I enjoyed the perfect Full English. Lovely garden with lawn and lots of colourful flowers. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made me feel right at home. The location is only a 15 minute bus ride from the city centre and stops right outside the hotel.

• Triple Family Room

Nice and friendly staff, the guy at the reception was very helpful with everything we needed! Homemade full English breakfast in the morning, totally worth it!

It would have been good if they served evening meal but other than that nothing

The room opened into the garden which was good as we had our dog with us. It was spacious and very clean. Breakfast was very good. The manager was very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Triple Family Room

The place was grubby. Way over priced for what it was. Think there was a family living in the room beside me. Mum thought it was ok to put her crying child outside my door at 7am. I know that's not the owners fault but expected better for what I was paying

Only benefit to staying here was location and I could take my dog

Bathroom very small, but still works and everything is useable and very clean. Just not used to it.

The bed and pillows were so comfortable; the ambience of the room and the guest house. The manager was very helpful and would communicate reasons to explain circumstances. Fantastic place to stay. Cannot comment on breakfast as we became homesick and went home as training had been cancelled.

• Triple Family Room

No water on arrival chose this hotel for early check in but they said they weren't expecting us so early.. I the shower was literally just a shower in the room no privacy and the toilet was across the corridor and apparently we got this room be cause of when I booked yet I booked 8 months ago the room was cramped the decor dated and was on a very busy road The breakfast was basic three mushrooms and an offer of tinned tomatoes and instant coffee .. No vegetarian option

The friendliness of the staff

My room was dimly lit, and there could have been more power sockets for charging.

The accommodation was very conveniently situated for my training course, which was 15 minutes away. This was the 2nd time I have a stayed here and I intend staying again for my next course. There are plenty of places to eat very close by. Breakfast is plentiful and the beds are very comfortable. An excellent stay.

• Triple Family Room

Drab furnishings,bedding didnt smell fresh,shower/toilet room not great.noisy from passing traffick all night,overall quite tired and tatty

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

The room, No hand basin in bathroom, had to walk through bedroom and wash hands near kettle etc. NO chair to sit on in double room. No lounge to sit in.

Darren fantastic personality/friendly/helpful, his breakfast really good.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

There was nothing with which to find any fault; my visit was perfect.

I was so grateful for a pleasant ground floor room; breakfast was excellent and served exactly as I requested. Helpful staff helped me with directions to thye places that I wished to visit; as a result of this, I saw everything that I wished to see.

1-Room was cold during the night, they provided additional oil heater in the room which worked 2-Mattress needs to be changed, very uncomfortable sleep ( old )

1- Very helpful and polite staff 2- Fish & chip shop opposite the lodge 3- Onsite parking 4- Cleanliness 5- Nice Breakfast 6- Tea coffee in the room 7- Quiet location 8- Nice paintings in the room

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Room rather crowded.

Very friendly staff, great breakfast. Scrambled eggs were just right. The manager called me after I'd left to apologise for a power cut that I didn't notice, great customer care.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Triple Family Room

Nothing. Our room faced the busy road, but that's not a fault of the hotel.

The breakfast was lovely. Staff friendly and willing to provide more if we wanted. Room was clean and spacious considering we had 3single beds in the family room. And our dog. Definitely go again.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

The shower/toilet room was a bit pokey, and the room seemed to lack electric sockets

The bed was very comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Tinned tomatoes and sausage on full english breakfast - no taste better with fresh grilled tomatoes.

french doors leading to garden, private entrance, clean room, friendly staff and very helpful.

Shower puny, sink in room as toilet area too small, lights dim for reading, sheets seemed to have been slept in already.

Separate entrance, pleasant owners,, nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Loved the atmosphere of the hotel, very private with a lovely garden. The staff and management are friendly and extremely helpful. I would highly recommend The Tudor Lodge Hotel to anyone business or leisure.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

The man running the lodge was very friendly. The room was lovely with tea and coffee facilities in the room. Breakfast was included i n the rate - Full English - and was great, so much and so good.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

No cereals for breakfast and only white bread toast. Bed a little uncomfortable.

Close to motorway. Bus stop outside. Adequate car park and attractive gardens.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The bed was too bouncy for me but I have bad back so that's not the fault of the hotel.

The staff were very welcoming. The breakfast was delicious!

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Triple Family Room

Booked this hotel last minute as our original hotel was closed when we arrived. Staff couldn't have been more welcoming! Lovely "at home feeling" about the place. Room was spacious and clean. Beds really comfortable. Breakfast was amazing! We travel to Nottingham a lot and this will definitely be our first choice of hotel to stay in

A window that opened very good

Friendly staff comfy bed

• Triple Family Room

was all great for the price.

nice friendly staff, good value.

• Triple Family Room

Can't do much about road noise, but the buses did wake me up.

Fabulous breakfast!

• Triple Family Room

Beds comfy, very nice landlord

Lights on outside of window. Main entrance right next door, very noisy.

Comfortable and clean

Bed and breakfast

Lovely hosts, went out of their way to meet my vegetarian request, much appreciated.

No bath

Ground floor

Bathroom far too small and in need of a lot of refurbishment and redecorating, carpets were dirty and worn.

Breakfast was good

A very comfy bed here. Slept soundly. Breakfasts were nicely done and all staff met were very polite and helpful.

Nothing all good

Comfy beds and helpful staff

• Triple Family Room

Clean room, staff friendly and very helpful, great breakfast, allowed dog to stay.

Staff where excellent! Father and Son Darren.. Very nice guys. Will stay again very soon.

• Triple Family Room

The bathroom had not ventilation or sink it was also unclean.

The service was very nice.

Slightly musty smell in room

Friendly helpful staff. Mushrooms at breakfast perfectly cooked.

• Triple Family Room

privat parking place at the Hotel is perfect, very helpfull

A little too much noise being close to the front door and right opposite reception

Good breakfast and friendly staff

bed was extra comfy, loved it

• Triple Family Room

Bit noisy through the night and kettle didn't work properly.

Spacious room for a triple room, nicely decorated, friendly welcome.

The Bed was extra comfy, Breakfast - homely and good.

Bathroom small

Excellent value

Nice personal and lovely garden.

• Triple Family Room

Excellent from when we first arrived until we left. Couldn't find fault.

Bathroom a bit on the small side.

Very comfy bed, room a good size, very helpful and friendly staff, great breakfast.

Smell in room and E suite.

Breakfast excellent.

Allen went out of his way to make us feel welcome & comfortable! If in Nottingham, I would definitely stay here again! Great value!

• Triple Family Room

Breakfast gorgeous. Staff really friendly. Very comfortable room, great location for my business trip. Definitely stay there again.

Very comfortable bed and an excellent cooked breakfast. Staff were friendly, efficient and eager to please. Lovely view of the garden from my room.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Only hot water to sink

Breakfast was really good, toilet very small, couldn't get hot water to sink so had to boil in water in kettle to shave

Atmospheric

• Triple Family Room

A later time for breakfast.

The staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was perfect. We liked everything!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Comfy bed, good breakfast, friendly owner. Liked the ground floor room with patio doors leading out on to the pleasant garden.

• Triple Family Room

A very friendly, family run hotel. A warm welcome and a spacious comfortable room. A very good breakfast cooked to order. A pleasant stay.

Arrival process efficient and friendly. Breakfast relaxed with great service and food

• Triple Family Room

Staff were really friendly. The breakfast which was included was really good and we were provided with everything we needed.

The owners were super nice and accommodating and helped us with everything and breakfast was also delicious

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Dining area a bit cold in the morning

Wonderful breakfast

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Bathroom very small but OK for a short stay

Good breakfast. Friendly helpful staff. Free onsite parking.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

We had our own patio door access to our room which we loved! The home cooked full English breakfast was a treat!!

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016