Reviews of Tyn Rhos Country House 5 stars

Seion, Llanddeiniolen, LL55 3AE, United Kingdom

#1 of 4 hotels in Llanddeiniolen

A really fabulous guest house. Helpful and friendly owners and staff. Dinner was outstanding.

The bed creaked a little!

The lovely location. Our bedroom was pretty and a good size with a separate area for hanging clothes and bathroom. The house itself was very comfortable with a lovely lounge and dining room and a very good sized patio seating area.

A very nice country house hotel with terrific service and in the perfect location for Snowdonia.

A few niggles in the room - very warm with little air flow and so a fan would have been useful. I spent the first 10mins in the room removing a very heavy bed blanket and pillows, packing them into the wardrobe. These are unnecessary items during the summer. I also put the digital bedside clock with glowing blue numbers into the bedside drawer and removed the battery from the ticking clock.... and now I can sleep!

Staff very welcoming and helpful and know how to make a good G&T. Wonderful lounge and terrace area for relaxing and a great restaurant with a modern menu for an evening meal. The breakfast was excellent and offered a good choice. The service for evening and breakfast was so smooth and efficient, very impressive!

Lovely location!
    • Small Double Room

Property has a “no takeaways allowed”. I accidentally brought mine and was told to eat in the car, not even in one of the lounge areas.

Lovely location! Amazing place and staff. Really close to Mount Snowdon which is why we went there

The room was big
    • Superior King

Room was very hot. Should a 5 star hotel have aircon? It's a country house, so maybe not but it was only 16 degrees outside but very, very uncomfortable inside the room

The room was big

Very nice, would recommend.
    • Small Double Room

We thought dinner was expensive so we ate elsewhere.

The location is excellent with superb views across Snowdonia. Plenty of parking space and great breakfast.

Wonderful, feeling refreshed and special
    • Superior King Room - Courtyard

Everything and everyone was perfect. The staff went over and above to make sure we had everything we needed and were happy. Excellence was the order of the day.

Not luxury but very well kept comfortable farmhouse

Although it's not a luxury hotel, it's a very well kept old farmhouse with excellent breakfasts (included) and fabulous dinners (extra). Also it's walking distance to the Gors Bach Inn pub, which has really good food, too. It's 30 minutes from most Snowdon car parks, so maybe not ideal for climbing, but a relaxing stay with mostly cheerful staff. The bed was comfortable and the shower was okay pressure. It was cold water one morning, and when we reported it we were told that was just because someone had left a tap on and the water had been shut off, so that is probably a rare occurrence. The body wash and shampoo was probably the same liquid, but the towels were nice and fluffy and shower caps were provided! We liked it, and the only reason we might not repeat the start is to get closer to Snowdon.

Excellent stay apart from noises from the upstairs rooms

We stayed in rooms 1& 3 which were lovely but you could hear the people above you as floorboards really creaked and woke us up in the morning.

The food was excellent

Fabulous, peaceful, relaxing stay with a lovely friendly welcome, gorgeous room and amazing food!
    • Small Double Room

Very friendly and welcoming staff who made you feel right at home. Our room was spacious and comfortable with lots of little extras that were very much appreciated; bottled water, great selection of teas, coffee and hot drinks, toiletries, bathrobes and more. Outstanding meals both at breakfast and dinner. Superb stay, we'd definitely stay again!

Superb experience.

Not a sausage.

Rural Location within touching distance of Anglesey, Snowdonia and Caernarfon. This hotel is outstanding. Lovely rooms with welcoming staff. The food is absolutely superb, wonderful 3 course evening meals that are welcomed after a day in the fresh Welsh air. Breakfast is excellent and sets you up for the day. We explored Anglesey with the Menai Bridge barely ten minutes drive away. We cannot recommend this place highly enough. If you want to enjoy a homely, family run environment in a lovely part of the country, get yourself booked in. Marry that with 5 star food, hospitality and customer service and you can’t go wrong. Thanks Hilary and staff for a brilliant three nights. We will be back.

Comfortable and clean but expensive for what it was

I thought it was expensive for what it was, both in terms of our room (which was on the small side, with a view of the car park, yet £120 for b&b) and the food (fixed price dinner at circa £35 for 2 courses, £40 for 3). It would have been good to have had more Welsh produce showcased, eg of the 4 cheeses on offer at dinner, only 1 was Welsh, 3 were English .... there are so many excellent Welsh cheeses!

Great location - Snowdonia is a wonderful area. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The food was good BUT portions on the small side. An extensive wine list; the wine I picked was reasonably priced and enjoyable. Bottled beer was local and good.

Lovely staff and hotel - charming character.

The staff were superb - particularly the gentleman on reception (I think he was the duty manager). The only negatives were the cold shower I had to have in the morning and the hair dryer kept breaking! Despite this, I still loved my stay and would come again and recommend to all!

Comfortable

Had to ring a bell to get staffs attention in the bar and at reception. Temperature on shower wasn't hot enough. No chicken on the menu. T.v. remote control didn't work.

The room was comfortable

Upmarket b&b masquerading as a "country house hotel"

The room (6) was only really suitable for people inder 5'6" as ceiling is So low in places it was difficult not to hit your head, could only look in mirrors when bending your kneees and had to kneel on the floor to make a pot of traAlso lack of sound proofing the first two nights of our stay we were kept awake by another resident's television. Decoration is contempary but not to a high standaed.

The excellent choice of food for breakfast all cooked fresh and the fine dining in the evening (at extra cost)

Let down by the toilets
    • Superior King

The toilet in my room didn’t gulag properly, it wouldn’t take any toilet roll away and with two people in the room this is clearly not ideal! We had to use the toilets downstairs. When I booked the room I paid £130 for a superior room as it showed in the photos that there was an outside area. I was out on the first floor so I do not feel like the rooms represented what I saw in the photos of a superior room. Drinks at the bar are very expensive!

The location and communal areas were nice, clean and comfortable

Amazing, comfortable, welcoming and cute

On the Saturday evening I tried to take a shower but the water was ice cold and really was not heating up! I did end up washing my hair in cold cold water but at least I had water!! The rest was perfect!

The bed was the most comfiest bed we have ever laid in. Usually I can’t sleep in hotel beds on the first night, but this was definitely not the case. The bed just engulfed you and it felt like a warm soft hug all through the night. 100% would recommend!! The staff were super friendly and very helpful. The food for breakfast and dinner was just superb, hats off to the chef!

The location was perfect as we where climbing mount Snowdon.

The location was perfect as we where climbing mount Snowdon. The hotel staff could not be more helpful and they made our stay even better. the room itself was beautiful and everything and more i could of asked for. over all everything was perfect. I will defiantly be staying there again and would recommend the place to everyone and anyone.

A beautiful hotel in a spectacular area with the best service you could wish for

This was our second visit in six months, this time to run the Snowdonia Eryri marathon. The staff at the hotel could not have been more accommodating to our needs. Excellent breakfast and evening meal and a really beautiful hotel in beautiful grounds. We will be back again.

Really lovely,I did not want to leave .

It was all excellent

Tyn rhos is a very comfortable country house, one of the best I've stayed in.The hotel has a lovely relaxed feel to it, the food v good,staff extremely helpful and pleasant. I would love to go back soon Sian Morgan

A fantastic hotel that provides you with everything you need for a luxurious break.

We were welcomed and given a full tour of the hotel. The food was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. I would most certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Comfortable, relaxing and beautiful Inn.
    • Superior King Room - Courtyard

A lovely hotel with beautifully appointed, comfortable rooms, excellent food and gracious staff. I enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for gracious, comfortable accommodations and beautiful surroundings.

Nice accomodation but too expensive for what we have got.
    • Small Double Room

The room was too small for 2 persons and the bed was very very small for 2 persons. We payed 353 pound for 3 nights and that was very expensive for what we have got. The diner was nice but also too expensive.

The view was very nice and the general accomodation was also good.

Great accommodation not far from all the main tourist attractions and very friendly staff.
    • Superior King Room - Courtyard

Cooked breakfast was too salty. Some meals were too large for one and could have been advertised as sharing meals e.g. Half a duck for one.

The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The restaurant experience was very relaxed. Staff were very friendly and attentive.

A lovely, relaxing and very well fed visit!
    • Superior King Room - Courtyard

Bedroom and especially bathroom slightly on the small side although very comfortable in every other way.

Excellent, friendly staff. Great location. Excellent food and wines with a varied choice for dinner and a magnificent Welsh breakfast. Very well appointed accommodation.

Was not as I planed to.
    • Superior King Room - Courtyard

I've been in this hotel 6 years ago at that time it has a nice view for a small lack that belongs to the hotel, this lack was the reason for my booking this time. But unfortunately it has been sold.

The room is so comfortable.

Over priced
    • Superior King Room - Courtyard

Stayed for two nights and at £199 per night it was very expensive. I appreciate it was August and a weekend, however, the accommodation is really equivalent to a good quality b&b. Unfortuntately there are very few quality places to stay in the area, hence allowing the property to inflate prices.

Breakfast was good and the room was very spacious. Staff service was very good.

There are lots of options for Accommodation in the area but none are Tyn Rhos Country House :-)

Both of these aren't really issues and can be looked past because it is a lovely venue. It was the first time I've had to pay for accommodation the moment I've walked through the door - we were a large group (9 in total) and it was Bank Holiday Weekend . The fine dining is superb, however, on the Saturday we took the option of a later evening meal because we were unsure of our arrival time, and by then many of the menu choices were being substituted, although it is fair to say the food was still excellent.

Lovely friendly staff who were very helpful and approachable with ideas on what to do on a Sunday in the area.

Very nice Hotel, clean, staff friendly, enjoyed the stay. Meals a bit pricey.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The Farm House is about 2 to 3 miles away from the nearest village/ town, again depends what you want.

This Hotel is situated out in the country, so if you like the quiet this is the place for you. An old Farm House converted into an Hotel to a very high standard.

No lounge at countyard room, no view, no cover walkways, too windy to walk from main building

Service, not good for old and disable people, too many steps and too narrow path to walk through corridor at countyard rooms

The lounge room in the main building with the garden view

Enough said... Never again. Nope

Ty’n Rhos Country House. Staff customer service perspective! “OMG like comparing day & night” Overrated – Expensive – Staff Customer Service Issues – Stunning Location Before writing this script I noticed a posting on TripAdvisor from a guy from Cardiff and the pathetic response from this hotel establishment. So! I am not at all optimistic that my offering will move this hotel into any form of action or response to justify the difference in behaviour of its staff. Probably best described as a generation apart, day and night. Basic knowledge of customer service rules! Train your staff to be always helpful, courteous and knowledgeable. This world-wide extensively travelled company director, actually booked this one (1) night only stay at this hotel via Booking.com website as a last minute walking trip to Snowdonia & Ogwen Valley. GCD – wife (Sissi) and her two university female friends from Japan & Thailand respectively. Arrived late evening after walking in Snowdonia, we were warmly greeted by the young ladies on reception and the young guy in the bar. Who offered us help, details and recommendations for a local Indian restaurant? During breakfast a senior member of staff uncompromisingly reminded us that she would attend to our needs in due course. Like a little boy first day at school, I resumed my place at the table. Reception checkout was an absolute joy and eventful when presented with the invoices by a senior staff member “Hillary” Without boring you too much, an uneasy - uncomfortable debate took place. (Q&A) … (A) Could you please show the correct name on the invoice, not the lady from Japan on both invoices and divide the invoices financials between the two rooms? (A) This is how we received the booking. (Q) No Hillary I actually made the reservation on behalf of all four guests, please a simple request I do require my name on the invoice. (A) Not sure our computer system can change the name.

Ty’n Rhos Country House. Staff customer service perspective! “OMG like comparing day & night” Stunning Location This world-wide extensively travelled company director, actually booked this one (1) night only stay at this hotel via Booking.com website as a last minute walking trip to Snowdonia & Ogwen Valley. GCD – wife (Sissi) and her two university female friends from Japan & Thailand respectively. Arrived late evening after walking in Snowdonia, we were warmly greeted by the young ladies on reception and the young guy in the bar. Who offered us help, details and recommendations for a local Indian restaurant? Good customer service is all about bringing customers back. And about sending them away happy! Happy enough to pass positive feedback about your hotel business and services provided, who may then recommend and in their turn become repeat loyal customers. ((GCD - Sissi & Eastern female friends))

Wonderful staff, and good breakfast in a lovely location.
    • Superior King Room - Courtyard

The courtyard rooms are accessed by a path which passes right in front of the bedroom windows, so we had to keep the blinds shut whilst in our room. There is no outlook from these rooms onto the beautiful landscape around this hotel, yet they are superior rooms.

The room was well furnished and comfortable

It was an exquisite trip that absolutely suited our needs and desires
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The manager was a little bit arrogant as opposed to the staff there who were absolutely wonderful and kind

We loved the garden and how easy it was to access it. It felt like home

Beautifully furnished hotel in stunning countryside location close to Anglesey and Snowdon

Lady on reception was a bit abrupt with us on arrival, she seemed stressed and not very welcoming. All other staff so friendly and welcoming throughout stay.

Best scrambled egg ever tasted. Grounds beautiful and lots of homely touches in room decor

Highly recommended
    • Small Double Room

Friendly helpful staff, Good Location for Zip World and Snowdon, well appointed room, nice relaxing lounge/ conservatory areas, food was outstanding!

we liked all aspects of this hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The only reservation we have is that our room was located next to some sort of generator which woke us up at around 5.30 am.

we liked all aspects of this hotel. staff couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. the food in the restaurant was excellent and our room was very well furnished with a comfortable bed and good modern bathroom facilities.

Lovely location with plenty of home comforts.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room 10 located by bright outside lights which remain on all night. Would benefit from blackout curtains, although this is only a minor point.

Bed very comfortable.

Our stay was very relaxed and enjoyable,staff were all attentive and pleasant. Would stay again.
    • Superior King Room - Courtyard

As this was a special occasion I was a little disappointed when told that the wine I had chosen had run out the previous evening, however, they did suggest an alternative which was enjoyable but this too run out on the second night.

Having been before we enjoyed the setting and the peace and quite which the hotel affords.

Delicious food, excellent staff and a beautiful location.

Beds and pillows could be of a higher standard but were not so bad as to impact our sleep in any major way.

Superb food, excellent staff and fantastic views in a quiet location. It is a little pricey but overall I found this to be justified with the quality of food, drinks and service provided. The bedrooms are a teeny bit dated but on balance I would recommend this as a great place to stay and would look forward to going back again.

Slateman 2017
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It's a shame that the friendly, professional and just really lovely attitude of the majority of the staff there is completely over shadowed by the negative, blunt and abrupt manner of one of the team members. Also- booking.com- your customer service team are pretty much the worst people I have ever spoken to, so unhelpful I felt like I was on some sort of prank phonecall, rude and just generally seemed to be hating everything. I'm surprised you actually still function as a company with people like that working for you, truly ridiculous

Beautiful views. Lovely dinner and more than happy to accomodate my mums vegan diet. The staff on the whole were lovely

Great place with beautiful sundowns and views of the countryside.

One morning the coffee was very strong and rather bitter, so I requested another pot a bit milder. The toast was quite dark and burnt at the edges one time.

The grilled fish and eggs Benedict at breakfast were excellent.

Fantastic stay and very well looked after.

If I had to be picky, the wifi was a little slow and the bathrooms could have been a little bigger.

Incredible food and excellent service, I'll definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Attentive and friendly staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Although the quality of the food was fine, there was too much repetition of dishes on the daily changing menu. A few bird feeders wouldn't be out of place in the large tree the dining room overlooks.

Attentive and friendly staff. Comfortable lounges, pleasant grounds, fine views.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Excellent place
    • Small Double Room

Only negative from my point of view was the hairdryer which had a safety cut out every couple of minutes..we were only there 2 nights so it wasn't worth making an issue of it. I would have asked for it to be replaced if we were staying longer. This was room 3.

We had breakfast only as we ate our evening meal at the cottage our son's family were staying in. Quality and service were excellent.

Home away from home

Pleasant, helpful, attentive and well informed staff - our party definitely felt as though we were well taken care of. The owners have done a great job of creating a warm environment, creating the right blend of intimacy for groups and couples alike.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Gorgeous place

Pillows, plenty pillows however they were thinking and quite hard. We found extras in the wardrobe but again these were rather flat.

Breakfast was amazing, I've never had bed and breakfast with the option of eggs benedict. Staff couldn't do enough for you. Resturant was 10/10 would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Friendly staff + beautiful location. Booking.com + hotel need to liaise on warning on allergies.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

One of our party had a gluten intolerance and we were told that the hotel needed 24 hours notice to be able to cater for this. Booking.com and the hotel need to liaise on communication of this requirement. The restaurant should have a balance on their menu. There were no other restaurants in the area. The broadband did not work and we were told to keep trying. Pc + phone were tried over 2 days.

Friendliness of staff. Beautiful location in a quiet environment. Lovely views os Snowdon.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Relaxing break - excellent food

The staff could not have been more attentive. From the extra crispy bacon that I ordered to a candle in my desert to make my birthday. Would highly recommend hotel

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Gorgeous setting, wonderful and welcoming staff.
    • Superior King

The bed was a little firm for me, but that is personal choice.

The chef went out of his way to ensure that our dietary requirements were met - and did so extremely well. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The grounds were beautiful - and the room actually was the one in the photo, with our own access to the garden!

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Superb location and even better hosts, facilities and food.

We enjoyed the dinner on Saturday night, excellent quality and the wine choices by our host were spot on! Breakfast on both mornings was very good.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

A really comfortable and relaxing place to stay and we would definately recommend it

Difficult to say - maybe more cupboard space in the bathroom - had to put everything on window sill

The service was very accommodating especially as we were supporting our son in a 37 hour non-stop triathlon event and needed access during the night. Food was excellent and staff really friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Beautiful location, very quiet.
    • Superior King Room - Courtyard

It is overpriced, especially for this region. Also the warm water runs out. It doesn't give you a 5-star experience.

Beautiful location, very quiet.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Exellent family run hotel . Wonderful staff.
    • Superior King Room - Courtyard

A little worried as you had to go out side to the restaurant if weather bad could be a problem.

The room was lovely exellent bathroom. Very clean high standard. Large bed very comfortable. Food exellent a little expensive evening meal but very high quality Very well cooked and beautifuly presented exellent quality indedegrents

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

Super Country Retreat

If there was a gripe it was that for the size of the room the ensuite was a little small and the shower screen ineffective.

The room was a super size as was the bed. The facilities were very good with excellent wifi. The bar was very comfortable and with the conservatory and lounge available it was a very relaxed environment. Breakfast was good and the staff excellent throughout. The standard of cleanliness was particularly noteworthy. The gardens were well kept.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Amazing location, amazing food, staff were lovely.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was very hot, it might be an idea to have a fan in each room.

Amazing location, amazing food, staff were lovely. Cleanliness was faultless. Room was lovely, bed very comfortable, superb hotel. Would 100% visit here again. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Superb quiet retreat.
    • Superior King

Superbly comfortable super king sized bed. Dining in the restaurant was excellent if a little pricey, but you really do get what you pay for, we dined in the restaurant three nights and the standard was extremely high every time.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

pleasant experience

security to where we where staying, no locking system to entrance of building ( open all night )

Good location for our purpose, nice breakfast, peaceful and quiet, spacious rooms

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Country house close to many tourist attractions

the room was a it small.

The Hotel is close to Isle of angelsey and also Llandudno so its very easy to explore these places from the hotel. The breakfast was very good too. The staff were very helpful when asked about what to do in the area and their recommendation was very good.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Just as good as the Cote D'Azure!

Just a week before our trip to Llanddeiniollen (for Anglesey Show) we had returned from the Cote D'Azure; save for the temperature outside, our accommodation at Tyn Rhos was equally good. The warmth and attentiveness of the staff made up for the difference in climate and the restaurant is fabulous.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

A real gem our stay there was delightful, looking forward to a return visit.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The food was scrumptious. The staff were extremely helpful. Hillary is a lovely host and the location is stunning. Really looking forward to another stay in the near future.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

A perfect place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Lovely peaceful location; a beautiful room, great food and service. The owners and their staff work work very hard to please and succeed in so doing. It's not cheap but nevertheless good value for money. A good place for a special occasion

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

We got in around 8pm for a one night stay in Tyn Rhos to...

We got in around 8pm for a one night stay in Tyn Rhos to explore Llanberis the next day. The country house was easy to find with signs directing us there from Seion, check-in was easy and efficient and the rooms were clean and spacious. I would highly recommend dining there - the food was some of the best I've had in the UK. Wished we were there longer but will definitely go back.

Isolated, old carpet,

Great Stay
    • Small Double Room

Amazing find with good rooms, great service and a fabulous dinner !

It was away from everything and very peacefully

It was away from everything and very peacefully

Very relaxing few days, and the weather was wonderful.
    • Small Double Room

Wonderful breakfast and very welcoming/caring staff. If you decide to have an evening meal the food is excellent.

Very comfortable stay

Very comfortable stay Brilliant service Very friendly staff Clean Excellent food

A gem in wales

Attention to detail . Food was excellent and very well presented.

Exceeded my expectations.

The staff service from the receptionist was extraordinarily helpful. The rooms were delightful. The food was excellent.

A very enjoyable stay. A nice quiet location and great food and service. Will definitely go back.

We would have preferred a larger bed.

The food is excellent and the service is at the same level.

Food was delicious and we felt very welcomed.
    • Small Double Room

Food was delicious and we felt very welcomed.

A superb relaxing stay in a classy relaxing stay in a lovely hotel.
    • Superior King Room - Courtyard

Excellent choice of food, very peaceful surroundings. Lovely comfortable beds

Nice and relaxing just what we needed
    • Superior King

The shower was only tepid

Bed extra comphy

A lovely hotel with excellent food in an attractive location close to the mountains of Snowdonia

No problems

Rooms super comfy, staff really friendly and helpful

Rooms super comfy, staff really friendly and helpful

Zip line
    • Small Double Room

Shower was on the small size

Great location food was very good overall very nice property would stay there again