2. UK hotel reviews

Reviews of Via London Lewisham 4 stars

Pentland House, Lewisham, London, SE13 5SZ, United Kingdom

#871 of 1,035 hotels in London

Based on 1146 hostel reviews

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 6 February 2019

It’s a place where a human being can’t live
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It’s a place where a human being can’t live Receiptionist disappears for hours and misguided about location It’s all wrong information given on internet

• Reviewed: 4 February 2019

A new experience and fair treatment by members of staff.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The Shower - too small. Over weight people wouldn't be able to have a descent shower. Not enough space in the 8 bunk bed rooms - too tight to move around.

Friendly atmosphere. Free hallways. Staff attitude - fair.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2019

The place is from far one of the best in London, UK
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The place is from far one of the best in London, UK After traveling since 11 years and 2 months none stop and stayed in more then 500 Hostels in 167 different countries Via London Lewisham is one of my 10 favorites to have a comfortable night of sleep in a normal double high bunk bed for which in London it is almost impossible to find since they normally pack everyone like sardine in a can! Ruben, the front desk manager and the Italian lady are exactly what to expect when you walk in, polite, kind, efficient, and well-manner. Location kind of a distance from the center but well reward when you walk in.

Was missing hot water.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Was missing hot water. Problems to lock the doors sometimes . No cabinets to organize your staff , and because of that was a mess in the floor of the room

• Reviewed: 3 February 2019

with friendly staff and comfortable surroundings i was very happy
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

All in all nothing I was satisfied and would stay here again

Friendly staff Great surroundings and good prices would recommend this to anybody thank you

• Reviewed: 28 January 2019

Choose anywhere but this place!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The bathrooms were vile and smelly, and the motion-sensing lights give you ten seconds before switching off when going to the loo—seriously, like a horror movie. The staff were curt and unhelpful. The electronic keys only worked sometimes, and there was a cat in the building. This was not mentioned anywhere and my daughter has serious allergies. There were no hooks in the rooms or in the showers, so no place to put your clothes while washing up or to hang your towels to dry, and there was a pervasive smell of mildew. I would say this was bare bones, but it was so much worse than that. I was scoping a place for a Study Abroad; there is NO WAY I would bring a group of students here. I have no idea why they gave my review a score of 2.5–I would give a negative number if I could.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2019

The room was clean and spacious for the price paid.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The small kitchen was horrendously filthy. I would recommend if you avoid using it. There are a good number of buses travelling towards Lewisham and the centre of London, but it is a fair walk from Lewisham station to the hostel. The bunk beds were extremely creaky and even the slightest move would cause a loud screech as the metallic legs grind against the floor. Privacy curtains would also be a good addition for the bunks.

The room was clean and spacious for the price paid. They used double-bunk beds, unlike many other hostels in London at this price range which would use triple-bunks. Bedside charging points were available and luggage storage was also free. The ensuite bathroom was also very clean on my first night, though it quickly went downhill on subsequent nights. There was a lot of space in the public areas for self-catering. There are also cheap eateries and a large Sainsbury's within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2019

For a hostel, worst customer experience, best premise.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Some staff very rude, the manager is unpolite, I never seen her smile to anyone customer even once in 4and a half weeks I stayed there, ignoring customers standing in front of her. She does her job but that's it. The kitchen and TV /living room closed completely at 11pm and opens at 7amish, kitchen hob doesn't always work but fixable. Most annoying is you have to lock the kitchen and laundry room every time and sometimes they don't know where the keys are - how silly- stupid people - They kick customer out and don't want to refund money, not me but have seen at least 5 customer gone on different occasion. I never write reviews but because of their customer service I feel I have to. And much more to say, but want to stop her....

The property was very clean for a hostel, facilities all there 2 TV rooms, self catering kitchen with pots panns, beauty full garden.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2019

Horrible
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Had my earphones in at night to sleep and I checked out and was told a roommate complained about the noise and can never come back again although he was drinking stella all night and smoking out the window. Ugly people

• Reviewed: 16 January 2019

£10 a night for a bed in London Zone 2
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The heaters, specifically on the corridors, should be turned down.

It's definitely good value for money, the staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are small but clean.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2019

Very helpful staff.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Kitchen was dirty most of the time. Tv room locked after a certain time. Location is not the best if you want to travel late night from the centre. Room was attended to most days but cleaning very slap dash. Got the feeling that one bucket of water would be used to clean the whole place with a dirty mop. Duvet and pillows put on dirty floor while being changed. I hate seeing that.

Very helpful staff. Cosy tv room. Very nice garden to chill in. 24hour reception. Value for money

• Reviewed: 11 January 2019

Ok for the price as it's very cheap, but i wouldn't book again
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The kitchen is closed, you hace to ask for the key at the reception and it's filthy, with barely anything to cook with, and nowhere to sit so you have to carry your food down the stairs if you want to sit down to eat.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2019

Good facility and clean.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Staffs are not helpful, security very poor, lost about 100pounds worth of closings in a kitchen which is supposed to be a common area with cameras. Tap water never gets hot

Good facility and clean.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2019

In general....good to very good.....I think very good if compared some other places....
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Could do with a bit more cleaning in the kitchen room.....

The place it is very...very ..quiet....and it is not a small place.....you can spin around a lot.....

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

Great staff
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Not far from a bus stop but it'll take you an hour to go to central London, but it makes sense considering the price and the fact that it's, well, London. Lots of plumbing issues but the staff did their best to solve them. Dorms are very small and not particularly comfy and ours was not particularly clean, but nothing deal-breaking, especially not for that price.

Fantastic staff, they are really this hostel's strong point. Decent price, nice garden, buffet breakfast served at convenient hours and while basic, does its job. Several common rooms if you're feeling sociable.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

With pentland house via hostel, I say thank you
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

I love the environment, the kitchen, the room, the receptionist they are calm and understanding, I would love to visit again.

It was excellent, cleaned, calm, well organized and maintained

• Reviewed: 2 January 2019

I came back in the early hours of the morning on the 1st Jan...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

I came back in the early hours of the morning on the 1st Jan only to find someone in my bed it was dark and I didn't want to disturb people sleeping so I went to the canteen but a worker there couldn't even let me close my eyes for a little a bit that I couldn't sleep there even when I explained that I had to go out at 8am again and this was at about half 5am

• Reviewed: 2 January 2019

The wifi was very reliable and strong in all areas of the...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The constant/ often faulty kitchen stove.

The wifi was very reliable and strong in all areas of the Hostel.Also the system of entry and exit of the facility is excellent.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2019

Hostel building was originally part of neighboring historic manor park. Explore surroundings!
    • Twin Room with Bathroom

Cig. messes, smoking by windows; nutrient-poor unimaginative "cont." breakfast; hostelers blamed for adm. shortcomings

Price; garden, park; warm clean rooms, comfy tho 70 cm beds; helpful multicult. hostelers; 24/7 heated tea water; Rom. cleaners

• Reviewed: 31 December 2018

This guy from the reception was absolutely amazing!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The rest of the staff was not good at what they doin

This guy from the reception was absolutely amazing!!! His name is Wayne. He’s so friendly and helpful. Also the redhead cleaner was so cute and friendly.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2018

First time and the last time I stay in a hostel
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Coming back to my room (after a long work day) and not finding any of my belongings. When I went to the reception to ask why is my room empty I was told that I was moved to another room. No phone call, no text, no prior notice. All of my belongings were just dumped in a bin bag and and put away in a staff room. Btw I still had a week of stay. The place stinks of weed at night, people vomit in hallways, no soap in soap dispensers, residents not respecting the quiet time (10pm-7am). No lockers.

That I was there just for two weeks and that it was cheap.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2018

It’s cheap
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very unclean and smells funny But if you can suck it up it’s fine

It’s cheap It has a USB port so you don’t gotta have an adapter to charge the phone

• Reviewed: 25 December 2018

My stay at Via hostel Lewisham
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Showers quite small, toilets not nice. No fault of the cleaners! Unfortunately just the way some people disrespect the facilities. Cleaners come in twice a day and work hard to keep the place clean, hats off to them.

Carla is an excellent Manageress and Sahra is a very professional receptionist, always a smile, helpful and friendly. I met some nice people: Big Man, Charma, Andrew, Omar... I liked the Christmas tree Carla LOL TV room to socialise. Big screen TV downstairs too. Great for buses. Library and park next door with a lovely cafe. Secondhand bookshop selling tea and coffee closeby

• Reviewed: 24 December 2018

The staff were great, friendly and helpful.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

It was not clear from booking.com that our room was not en suite. It looked like we might be in separate rooms. When I started the booking process breakfast was included but by the time I had paid it was not included. It was still great value.

The staff were great, friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a room with an en suite when they realised we were traveling as a family with my older mother. It was great value.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2018

Le personnel
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There was a guy that always got to the room high. The hostel is really far from the town so at the end you spend a lot of money in transport

Le personnel

• Reviewed: 20 December 2018

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Shower don't work properly fold and temporazer just 30s Of you stay longer nobody change your bed clothes Manager is not helpful You need to find good shower every time you need

• Reviewed: 18 December 2018

Won't hurry back.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The room was stiflingly hot. There were no bed numbers in spite of a big fuss being made about picking the right bed. The beds and pillows themselves were very uncomfortable and sweaty. It's in an unsafe feeling neighbourhood. The room I stayed in was full of loud middle aged people who seemed to be using it more permanently as a cheap base rather than the normal travelling young/fun crowd. Wasn't a nice experience at all.

Try as I have I can't think of much good to say about this place. It's cheap and the guy at the front desk was OK. The showers were fine and the vending machine for a bottle of water was useful.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2018

Would consider going back
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It was OK. Some staff weren't helpful and rude, some were helpful and polite. The kitchen needs cleaned more often as do toilets. Laundry was broken for a long time

The TV room is a good addition, makes socialising easy. Nice building and garden. It was pretty safe as they didn't allow drinking or drugs. Met some really good people from other countries.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2018

Nice surrounding, peaceful.

Nice surrounding, peaceful. I enjoyed it a lot. Convenient transportation, easy to find the place. And the food nearby is cheap compared to other area of London.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2018

It was not back until early today
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I booked a female domain and after 10 minutes that I back to the room getting ready for bed almost naked a man entered my room saying that he was sent to the female room from the reception and I almost jumped out of my skin. The reception told me that he did not send any person to room 131. He later gave a new key to the man. He did not apologize in any way and he said that I am an attention sicher that he knows my kind. He did not refund my money and he said that I should go to the manager if I have problems with his division

I like the fact that the price was alright, there was a kitchen to cook individually

• Reviewed: 13 December 2018

Friendly staff, good value, close to shops and amenities.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

My 1-of-6 bunk space was much smaller than the usual due to the way the bunks had been assembled as 3-tier. It was very difficult to actually get in and out of my bunk. I have never seen this set-up of bunks in this hostel, which is why it is my preferred cheap stay in SE London. There was also no toilet in this room like some of the 8-bunk rooms I've stayed in.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2018

Great hostel. Good value for money.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

I always enjoy my stay here. I have a great rapport with the staff. I enjoy the banter with Wayne who quickly checks me in with no fuss and finds me a room suitable for my disability.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2018

A great, friendly and safe hostel.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I find Wayne is always customer focussed. He remembers regular guests names, needs and banter style. He's great at good customer skills and is always helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2018

It’s clean and tidy, the staff are very friendly, the G M...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

There as been plenty of improvement, I don’t have a problem with the property

It’s clean and tidy, the staff are very friendly, the G M and college Mr Wayne are the business they do everything in their power to make you feel comfortable

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

Not staying there again!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was smelly and people were coming in very late like 4 am leaving the lights on and making a lot of noise. If you want to get any sleep at all, this is not the place.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2018

The building itself is attractive from outside
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It's some kind of a scam hostel. There are the 'inmates' in this 'asylum' who apparently shuffle around stealing and being stolen from. Then there the unfortunate tourists who happen upon this place. You will find that many people find the weird, gloomy interior, oddballs, surly staff and locked common rooms such as TV room, kitchen and laundry so off-putting that they curtail their stay. The hostel don't care as they can resell about a third of their rooms like this. They appear to employ someone just to apologise to everyone who leaves a bad review so it looks like they care. Trust me...they don't.

The building itself is attractive from outside

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

I liked receptionist's friendly and helpful behaviour.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Dirty stairs. Windows. Noisy. A lot of peoples from all difficult backgrounds and I meant with this, not so presentable ones.

I liked receptionist's friendly and helpful behaviour.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

Okay for one night, probably wouldn’t stay again
    • Twin Room with Bathroom

The atmosphere in the hotel wasn’t very nice, no issues with staff, they were very good but other guests didn’t seem very welcoming (no fault of the hostel I know) but this made us feel uncomforable and we didn’t want to leave our room on the evening. Also the shower was on a timer and didn’t stay on so you had to keep putting it back on, however this wasn’t a big issue.

We booked this last minute as we was in London and wanted to stay overnight, staff were very helpful. We had a private twin room and it was clean. Close to train station.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

Quiet neighbourhood~ Just 1 station to London bridge~ kind staff
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There’s a pub right next to it and the pub patrons didn’t book the hostel but were able to sneak in for a night’s stay resulting in no bed available when u go into the room even after you’ve checked in

Very kind staff~ clean room, clean toilet~ quiet if u take 4-bed and lesser~ value for money

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

I like the hostel it's spacious, it has a cycle parc,...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Some of reception employs are rude as clients are complaining. They playing hard with words like if: you don't t like/ don't accept/ you MUST leave imediatly. The kitchen have not to many pots for induction hob.

I like the hostel it's spacious, it has a cycle parc, roms are warm, there's no problem with hot water. There's instant hot water for tea/coffee/soup. Lagguage room optional.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2018

The guys at the reception were very polite and good people.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The lights in the showers go on with motion detection but after few seconds they go off and you have to open the glass door of the shower and move your self in order to turn them on again. The water is always super hot no matter how long you wait or try to regulate its temperature at the point you want. They try to save money but at the end they lose more if you ask me because you can not have a proper shower and you consume more electricity and water in it than the normal. And above all, the guests of the hostel are disappointed and tired because they didn't have a relaxing shower but a torturing one. Also the bed sheets were not clean, the pillow was very flat and the bunk bed not very stable on the ground. The room is tiny. More frequent cleaning is needed in the toilets. Many things in the hostel are old or broken and need replacement. You need around 40 minutes or more to go to central London by bus and underground. No breakfast included in the room price.

The guys at the reception were very polite and good people. The nearest metro station (blackheath) from the hostel is 15 minutes on foot and the Greenwich park which is on the same direction another 5 - 10 minutes more. The WiFi was just fine.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2018

The staff, the easy check in, the location
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The fact that anyone can ring the doorbell and just walk in. It became apparent that some of the room doors would open without needing the entry card. This led to people door testing, and if successful helping themselves to a free bed. The disregard for the 10pm quiet time.....Most hostels ask for a deposit or ID to save for the duration of the stay on arrival. It's a great hostel with fabulous and friendly staff. The ease of accessability and some of its disrespectful clientele let it down badly. Finally, I had the misfortune of laying asleep in my bed at past midnight, when a guy let himself in the room, looking for an empty bed. The room was full of sleeping guests, and the guy grabbed my leg and ran off. Sadly, I wouldn't stay again.

The staff, the easy check in, the location

• Reviewed: 18 November 2018

It's really a hostel, not a hotel.
    • Twin Room with Bathroom

Breakfast until 9.30 and there was no information about that. There was no soap, towel, bin or window in the bathroom and it was really dirty. I didn't feel safe. They left our window open so it was really cold at that night. You could hear everything from the other rooms. Won't choose again.

The bed was comfortable. Cameras everywhere. The receptionist with black hair and glasses was friendly. I could borrow a hairdryer.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2018

Clean, new facilities, comfortable bed.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Shower -new, clean but difficult to set hot water, I had to wait for hot water ages. Plus the automatic sensors to switch the lights - in the toilet and shower are switching lights off when the sensor is not finding enough movements... Receptionist said that she have a three booking and first she can booked me in just for part of my reservation. After that I changed hostel so they took remaining money for the booking which they couldn't fully allocated on the beginning...

Clean, new facilities, comfortable bed. Staff friendly, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2018

It was exactly what I needed, excellent value for people on a tight budget, very quiet and clean. XX
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I would have liked access to a kettle and stove, but I realise it would have cost more.

It was affordable, clean, respectful and comfortable. It was in a good location for what I was doing the next day.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2018

It’s just ok
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The kitchen is constantly dirty, and it’s locked by 10pm, the sinks in the bathroom are two small, you get sent out of the TV room at 11pm, the breakfast is a disgrace, most of the staff are friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2018

The staff from the receptionist was very helpful!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The fact that the luggage storage was full, but instead the staff kept my stuff in their office which is very nice!

The staff from the receptionist was very helpful! Everything is just as I expected, it's very worth of the money.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2018

Danger
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

If your room mate is a sick, mad lady: they don't send her away but other 5 people must be worry all night for their life. Not safe. (Sick means mentaly disabled. Screaming, shouting, attack us.)

The receptionist Ruben was very polite, helpful, correct.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2018

In general clean, freshly renovated.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Rooms were tiny and crammed with too many beds, 6 bed dorm had barely any standing room for 2 persons. and no space to keep personal belongings in the room. Kitchen filthy without even a kettle for hot water.

In general clean, freshly renovated. Huge garden, quiet.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2018

USB charging ports for every bunkbed.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Room smelled badly, whole hostel looked uninvitingly. Breakfast options are sparse. Police escorted a guest off the property when we had breakfast. Hostel is pretty far from city center.

USB charging ports for every bunkbed. Relatively cheap.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2018

everything is really okay , except some receptionists talk...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

honestly everything is okay , except some receptionists very rude , i hope to talk with general manager , their way of talking honestly not good , i hope to contact with the general manager as soon as possible i want to complain thanks

everything is really okay , except some receptionists talk to us badly & rude this not good at all

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

Quiet and beautiful garden.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Looks like the manager don't care. Some toilets are very dirty it look like they are not cleaned in a daily base. Some radiators are broken. Some USB sockets broken.

Quiet and beautiful garden.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2018

Breakfast is included.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The space between the beds. If you are tall, I suggest you to ask for the upper bed, if not it will be little bit painful to enter the bed.

Breakfast is included. Not far from the train station which leads you directly to Victoria train station.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

Horrible. Don't go.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Basically everything. The bathroom was small, the sheets were dirty, the beds were squeaky, just everything was horrible there. The staff said the bare minimum. Not the service you would expect.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

Ok for a budget accommodation
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

They need more cleaning staff, rooms are very rarely cleaned and some of the toilets are very dirty. It would be better if they had separate female-male facilities.

They have a huge garden and there is a cat living there. Sometimes they have an all you can eat buffet and food is very good and affordable. Reception staff are friendly and helpful, especially the guy from Spain.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

Is.quiete
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Arrangments of people to expect on the line is little bit rush with (I not care who come after and.igienical must be improve in.this sector at food and beverage )

Is.quiete

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

one night max. if nothing else available.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

receptionist (black young girl) absolutely the rudest I've ever met. unpolite, rude, I think she definitely not like her job or guests in general. She has been absolutely rude with all at the check in and even at the check out not only with me. Really bad experience. No kitchen just some hot water available for free. shower with no place to hang belongings to keep them dry or clean avoiding the dirty floor. spider webs everywhere and not as Halloween decorations. really but really far away from the city centre (1 hour by bus or so) but close to a shopping centre.

amazing park. super cosy.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

Good location, you can get to the center by train or by bus...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Rooms are very small and not so clean. Bathroom in our room was extremely small and a little bit disgusting - so we used the public bathroom and it was a little bit better there and more space.

Good location, you can get to the center by train or by bus - it is also cheaper...just 1.50 pound. Personal was kind.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2018

Potentially good but let down by poor management and outdated plumbing.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Petty management more used to dealing with groups of children. Outdated plumbing system keeps blocking. Toilets rendered useless for days.

Quiet. Garden, Guest kitchen. Reasonable access to bus and rail. Adequate range of shops in 100 meters. Lively bar on Lee High road, pharmacy food outlets and supermarket.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2018

The property per se is not bad,.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Read above! i wrote already all That i have to say in the sentence I wrote before! thanks. Marina.

The property per se is not bad,. It's a nice structure, with a pleasant garden. And fairly good location. But Hygiene standards and cleanliness fairly poor. And what shocked me and left me very disappointed was the fact that the room I was for the first 4 nights got filled with horrible , rude and wicked co mates , especially made of hideous Black women. Whom unfortunately I even ended up by having pretty fiery quarrels with, the police had to intervene one night. But then they moved me to a "better " room, where I could finally have a little "peace".. For the rest, some people among the staff , particularly a man who works there on night shift, was very rude, and discriminating. So my overall oinion of this place is that , it has definitely left me very unhappy and mistreated! Sorry , to me is a "no-no"! And many there , they actually even owe my some serious apologies!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2018

very good overall
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

require more than one person on reception at busy periods

Reception 24hrs friendly and efficient but overworked leading to significant queues most of the time.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

It was amazing.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The only thing we didn’t like much was the water. It’s too hot :(

It was amazing. We liked it a lot. The space is beautiful with a big and beautiful garden. The rooms are very comfortable and the people were very nice.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Not a nice experience. Depressing
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There was an enormous and slow queue to check in. The reception staff was slow and there was only one person on the desk! Even at 2am it was busy and I queued for around 45 mins. The communal toilets stuck of urine and the entire hostel had various smells reeking out of each room. The beds were plastic covered and uncomfortable and the next day I came up in some kind of insect bite and ended up with a swollen itchy leg and a hard lump. The rooms are tiny I had to sleep with my bags on my bed and the room was so small and crowded it just stunk of all the people crammed in there. The place had a mix of alcoholics and various other randoms roaming the halls in their underpants. The showers are clean but tiny and the water sprays directly on you as soon as you switch it on because the space is so small so you're hit with cold or hot water before you get a chance to adjust the temperature! The "ensuite" is like a cupboard and the shower was cold so I had to use the communal showers anyway! Which didn't make sense since the hot tap in the sink worked and again the cold water soaks you immediately when you switch on the shower and it also flooded the floor. Absolutely useless design of the toilet. Overall horrible and depressing experience and I would not recommend a stay here

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Only if you really need a place.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The room key wasn't working properly and this causes a lot of problems for all they people who stayed, i had to keep getting up to open the door, and couldn't get to my medicine when the key card played up, the others in the room were not impressed with the staff not dealing with this immediately as this was a safety concern,they should have moved us to a different room, the shower is rubbish, you either get a cold shower that cuts of after a few seconds so you have too keep pressing the button, or far too hot so you can't take a proper showet. The lighting system is a joke, cuts the lights to the toilets really quickly, not suitable for people who get shocked or suffer from epilepsy when the lights keep cutting out and you have to move to get them back on and the quickly turn back off, all they need to do is adjust the timing on the pie sensors,

One lady responded well to questions, easy location to get too.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Great to sleep
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Bathroom was very small and the space was very wet the whole time of my stay.

The place is alright, I stayed one night and the place didn’t offer anything special

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

my stay felt like less time than what I spent in reception.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Reception is a nightmare. I was in line for over an hour waiting to check in! Spoiler alert-prepay. It will make your life so much easier. Unlike most hostels, there is no kitchen for guest usage. It is also technically a dry hostel although almost everyone has some can of something. Beds didn't have sheets from what I saw...just a comforter and thin pillow. The bunk beds are mainly three high. Rooms are tiny and the bottom bunk is essentially on the floor so no underbed storage. No elevator but there is a security guard willing to help. Even though I barely use them, I have to touch back on the dry hostel rule as well as the lack of kitchen. It's contrary to most places because with a hostel, you wanna drink there and eat there to save money.

The people staying there generally were nice. Also it is a huge hostel.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Made me miserable
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no hot water, the toilets and showers were not monitored for cleanliness regular enough, no storage space or coat hooks, no hot breakfast, just not worth £15 when you can stay elsewhere for slightly cheaper and feel a lot more comfortable

Leaving

Thin walls!
    • Twin Room with Bathroom

Thin walls and noisy guests who seemed to be shouting to each other down the corridor rather than just talk quietly (or better still sleep) after midnight. Was a hostel but still ruined my girlfriend's sleep. Was ok but didn't feel particular clean or nice.

Nice garden patio to the rear

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

It could be a great hostel with some care
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

The breakfast was really cold crusts of toasted bread, no coffee in the coffee machine, dirty tables and no one checked to see if you'd paid so all around me ate for free while i paid for really bad breakfast. Not good at all. The shower was dirty and there was no toilet roll. Not good

The mattress was really comfy and the desk staff lovely

Hot and dirty (and not the good kind). Disappointing
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

As soon as you went upstairs, things deteriated. Musli/yoghurt pot spilling over on the floor (still there the next morning), bedrooms small and insainely hot. I’d asked for and was assigned a bottom bunk but got to my room to find someone in my allocated bed who said he was told to take any bed. Showers had dirty wet floors. Shower itself aimed directly out of the shower(explaining the wet floors) and only hot for 30 seconds before going cold. Overall, for £15 I’m not sure what I was expecting but I’ve stayed at a few hostels over London for similar cost and was disappointed by this one. Especially given it’s beautiful sitatuation, building and gardens.

The location was good and the downstairs areas were nicely decorated. Lovely outside garden space.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Rooms need to be redesigned
    • Twin Room with Bathroom

Overbooked when we arrived. The hall way just smelt of feet the whole way. The beds weren’t even made or near comfortable. No towels for showering and the heating in the room wasn’t even able to heat the whole room.

I liked the fact I only had to be there for one night

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Last time I stayed there the facility had a full team of...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

Last time I stayed there the facility had a full team of cleaner.. this time for some reasons they didn’t and unfortunately it showed, the toilets and sinks were especially disgusting, I do hope things get back to normal and that the management will do something about that.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

A lovely relaxed atmosphere, mixed clientel, secure
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

No toilet on my landing. Nearest was downstairs. This might of only applied to some Dorms depending where you are situated.

The gardens surrounding the property were lovely. A park literally next door. Closest BR station in walking distance was Hither Green. Walking distance to amenities. TV lounge , communal areas WiFi. Breakfast only £3.50 plus evening meal available. Good prices.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

room small, bath very small that when you wash your face the water goes threw. no soap nor shampoo.
    • Twin Room with Bathroom

this hotel is comparable to a prison.

breakfast for miserable. No soap nor shampoo in the room. No TV. But there's Wifi. dining room similar to the refectory.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

It wasn’t perfect, but it was nice.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no light in the toilet nor in the shower. The toilet wasn’t clean. The shower door wasn’t working, so I had to push with my back the whole time whilst I was in the shower to keep it closed.

The location, the building, the atmosphere.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse Via London Lewisham traveller photo gallery