Reviews of Wardonia Hotel 2 stars

Argyle Street, Camden, London, WC1H 8ER, United Kingdom

the location was super good, few steps to St.

It doesn’t have a lift and the stairs are small. The room super small

the location was super good, few steps to St. Pancras station and Kings Cross station.

A great location as a base for my London trip

The bed was tiny, i knew it would be a single bed, but it seemed smaller than the standard single.

The location was excellent, the room was small, but it was clean and had everything I needed for a 2 night stay. Although the hotel is in a busy area, The sound proofing within the property was great, I didn’t hear anything from the other rooms. There was real glass in the bedroom and a hard plastic glass in the bathroom, this was good as I dislike single-use glasses in most hotels.

Don't stay here in summer time
    • Large Single Room

It was unbearably hot in our room all day and night long.

This place is quite alright for the price, quite clean and conveniently located near 2 big train stations, good option,but not in summer since they have no air conditioning.

Most important: clean and own bathroom, what to expect for...

Room is 5m2, not bigger. But enough space to walk in and out.

Most important: clean and own bathroom, what to expect for less then 100GBP per night. Good location, 3 minutes to Kings Cross.

It was ok for what it was - a relatively cheap (for London!) place to lay your head!!

The room was tiny and the beds were so small you couldn’t really turn over in bed!!

The room was clean and the hotel were really flexible with us about our check in time.

Never again rather sleep on the streets

Nothing the hotel is a dirty flee infected hell hole I am going to complain as I want my money back didn't even take our clothes off the shower smelt damm and slippy so much was wrong with this so called hotel if we could have had are money back and gone some where else we would have its a disgusting place I woukdnt leave my pet at

Does what it says!

Mock wood cladding half way up all walls to protect against scuffs Very narrow stairs and corridors. They do tell you in description but do note no lift if you have big bags. Receptionist did ask if help needed.

Location for St Pancras brilliant. Fair price for very small albeit clean, 2* reasonably comfortable room and decent shower in central London.

awesome location ,small room, service need to improve

the single room is tidy, there was no room on the floor to unfold my suitcase ,bath room tiny too. I accidentally booked the night I actually spent overnight on airplane ,so I suggested to refund one night's fee as they don't look so busy so I didn't waste their room. I tried several times to get my refund but always got refused. So i won't book this hotel again.

the location is awesome next to kings cross station but every quiet too.

I'd be very happy to stay there again.

At first sight, my room looked a little bit shabby. And I could have done with a shelf as well as hangers. But compared with other London hotels in this price range, (and some that are more expensive) it was great value for money.

It was very clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. There was a luggage room. 24 hour reception. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. And it was only 5 minutes walk from Kings Cross.

Very misleading hotel descriptions. It was a pretty awful experience.

We were placed in a basement room (most hotels ask if you are ok with a basement room but they didn't). It was not clean, extremely cold, very small (we could barely move), and the wifi disconnected about every half an hour. The day staff (except for the adminstrator) was rude and unhelpful.

The hotel was a complete disappointment.

Conveniently situated and spotlessly clean.

the size of the wash basin makes it difficult to even brush your teeth,.

Conveniently situated and spotlessly clean. Able to leave my luggage in store room.

Great price, clean, centrally located

WiFi was very spotty. Maybe it was because I was underground on the lower level, but I would have WiFi for 5 minutes and then it would cut out. Also, when I checked in, the guy up front when I asked where the elevator/lift was, he said down the end of the hallway. I'm not sure if he was cracking a joke or trying to pull one over on me, due to the hotel being small, but there's no elevator. So you're lugging your heavy luggage down shoulder width, steep steps either up or downstairs.

I liked what I got for the money I paid, last minute, trying to find a hotel in London for work. Most hotels in the area were pushing £300-400 a night. Besides it being super tiny small (what single person hotel room in London isn't tiny), everything was clean, convenient and the staff was super friendly. It's not too far from the main parts of London, only a 15-20 morning stroll to SoHo, where our office is located. Unlike a lot of cities, London is always fun to walk into work, like NYC is. If you're looking for a spa and all the amenities, this isn't the place. If you're looking for a great price, clean room but small and centrally located, go no further.

Hotel rooms in London are always a bit tiny.

Hotel rooms in London are always a bit tiny. But take that into account, adding also that the Wardonia was few minutes walk from Kings Cross and then this is really value for your money. Street is not too noisy either. Had a good stay here.

Clean and tidy base from which to explore London.

The early morning noice as the waist disposal truck arrives. Would have liked somewhere to hang towels.

The location is excellent for the tube station with short trips to most attractions. It’s very clean and good value for money.

Never again

I've stayed in Wardonia before and I know what I am getting - a mediocre hotel in a great location. At least the staff had been nice in the past. Not this time. While checking in the reception guy was forcefully suggesting that I should pay for the room right there and then, and not at checkout as is the usual (and universal) practice. He implied that I would somehow abscond without paying my bill, which is ridiculous since they had a credit card on file anyway. That left me a very sour taste. It's pretty preposterous that they insult customers in this way. I definitely will stay in the different hotel in the King's Cross area next time I'm in London. On another note, during my one-night stay there was a 3 am fire alarm scare. I followed procedure, along with most patrons, and assembled at the designated spot. But the hotel staff response to this was totally shambolic. It's clear that there was no plan of action, and it took 15' before somebody from the hotel showed up to updates us. Moreover, they only called the fire brigade at the suggestion of the patrons and with a 40 min delay. So a potential fire trap, in addition to everything else. Another reason to STAY AWAY.

Location, location, location

Clean, comfortable economy room.

Was very good value for central London although single room was tiny. Rooms vary as room stayed in before holiday was a bit bigger and carpet less raggedy than this one on the ground floor. Stayed on 2nd floor earlier which was better except no lift and narrow stairs made getting to room tricky. Staff would help if needed.

Value single accommodation close to St Pancras for Eurostar. Clean, good shower and towels, comfortable bed and pillows.

Perfect location

Room under the ground level. There was a small patio used by the housekeeping employees behind our window . We didn’t feel comfortable to leave the window open during the night or If we were not in the hotel , so the room didn’t get to ventilate and it became too warm.

Perfect location

The overall experience was good, the location of the hotel...

We had a really small room in the basement and the walls are really thin so we could hear everything happening next and above us

The overall experience was good, the location of the hotel is perfect for your stay in central London

Good if all you care about is someplace to sleep.

Paper thin walls (practically no sound isolation); water dripped from the inside of the top of window when it rained; flaky Wi-Fi.

Cheap; good location; nice (although small) bathroom; comfortable (although small) bed.

Perfect for a convenient and practical overnight stay, if you don't need lots of luxury.

The bed was a bit sloping and I felt as if I might fall out.

Very convenient, clean, comfortable, friendly staff. I have stayed here many times. I like that there's no breakfast, there are plenty of cafes around and the other nearby hotels have greasy fried eggs which I would rather avoid.

One night booked based on location.
    • Large Single Room

The staff (particularly the two young men working the day I checked in) was not welcoming or helpful. I had to ask for directions to my room, for the WiFi code. The gentleman who was at the desk when I checked out was very nice. The room was quite warm.

The convenience in location and the room was well supplied.

The location was good.

The room was very small. Also the bathroom was small. Steps of the stairs are really tiny. I haven't seen the elevator.

The location was good. The staff was helpful and friendly. The bed and the shower were comfortable. Very close to King's cross station. Lots of places to have breakfast near here. Quiet neighborhood.

Inexpensive, quiet, convenient location in central London.

No food facilities, but plenty of restaurants and cafes within walking distance.

great location in Central London. In a quiet street. Professional courteous staff.

The room was compact but had everything needed and it was...

There was a very bad smell in the bathroom and it also smelled in the room. The staff were pretty grumpy.

The room was compact but had everything needed and it was also very quiet. The location close to King's Cross was excellent!

Terrible - hardly slept at all due to the pathetic, selfish, disinterested staff

The overnight staff had their friends coming and going outside the hotel from 11pm or so till gone 4 in the morning, blaring music out from BMWs, wannabe gangsters, shouting, screaming, etc. Not pleasant at all. Had to threaten to call the police in the end to get this addressed. Staff totally disinterested. If you are 6ft tall, you will struggle to fit in the beds. Would not trust the left luggage - I used the facilities at St Pancras station instead. Bed & mattress were also terrible.

The windows open. Wifi was fine.

It was a quick and convenient stop near transportation, but I would never stay there for leisure.
    • Large Single Room

The rooms are extremely small. I could not have stayed there for more than one night. We didn’t get any sleep the night we stayed because the people below us were so loud. Our room was on the first floor next to the street and you can hear everything so loudly it was impossible to sleep.

The location was close to Kings Cross station which is what we wanted.

Convenient location, but if you need anything better than a narrow bed and no space, go elsewhere.

Tiny! Narrow bed, no table, no chair, no space for luggage, tiny sink. Dodgy wifi. I was in the basement and didn't even have mobile 4G. Although close to restaurants (in Kings Cross) the hotel had no facilities: no breakfast, nothing.

It was clean and quiet. Kettle in room.

Clean, quiet, and convenient location to Kings Cross Station.

The bed was comfy. I was surprised how quiet the room was. The location is fantastic, on a quiet street just a short walk to Kings Cross Station that can whisk you away anywhere!

Tight little room in a good location

The room was extremely small. It didn’t look very clean mostly because it was really old. The bed was short, not good if you are tall. The walls are made of paper apparently and you can hear your neighbors’ chats. Very expensive for what it offers.

The only good thing really is its location. It’s a quiet are also.

It was a tiny room but I was made aware of that on booking, clean and good value for money

I needed to keep the curtains drawn for privacy. Very basic furnishings.

The reception was very welcoming and I was offered help by a member of staff (although I didn't need it) to carry my baggage down the narrow stairs.

poor

I booked a double room for my partner and I.unfortunately she was I'll and didn't travel .the room I was allocated was that small we wouldn't have stayed.it was only suitable for a single guest,

Staff friendly . Location near rail station

Very good
    • Large Single Room

Small room, no fan which made the roon really warm in hot weather

Clean bathroom, decor relatively modern, comfortable night's sleep, friendly staff

Clean, comfortable and convenient.

Was on 4th floor which was fine for me but a long hike up the stairs if you had mega amounts of luggage - you would probably want to request a lower floor when booking.

Very convenient for Euston and Kings Cross stations.

Close to kings cross. That's it
    • Large Single Room

Tiny tiny tiny room and bed. No room for bags. Third floor, no lift, small staircase. Budget accommodation but don't stay more than 1 night before or after your train trip

Close to kings cross station

Small substantial and great value

Bloody bang thump plumbing at 6am, beats me what it was but woke me up every day way too early.

Great location for train at Kings Cross and good price

Always clean, comfortable and I love that the windows...

Narrow stairs tricky with bags!

Always clean, comfortable and I love that the windows actually open right up! Always use this hotel for overnights with early starts in London. Reception staff friendly and late check ins are never a problem. Rooms are small but functional for business “pit-stops”,

Comfy bed.

View from the basement window was of an old scooter. The maid started hoovering outside my room a 9 on a Sunday morning.

Comfy bed. Warm. Some character. Great location.

Very handy for Eurostar early departure etc. but only just worth the price. Better options nearby.

Room was VERY small - clothes hangers above the kettle so making a coffee required clothes to be moved. Dirt around the bottom of the shower in the bathroom. Bedroom itself was clean, there's not a lot of it to get dirty!

Very handy location for St Pancras (Eurostar) and comfortable bed.

Decent value for this location in London

Single room is even tinier than I expected and really not soundproof.. whatever happening next door or in the corridor sound like just in the room. Light sleeper may find it difficult.

Great location, a couple of minutes walk from King's Cross, where several tube lines and also train stations are available. Many cafes and simple restaurants around, convenient for single travellers.

Comfortable and great location.

Not much.

The hotel is located close to the train stations,multiple lines of underground tubes and bus, easy to go anywhere. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The room was a little small with not much room for luggage but, overall it was comfortable and clean. I would go back again.

Best location/value for money in London
    • Large Single Room

Rooms are small but perfect for 1 night during a 2 days trip with friends. Perfect location by the train station and métro. The staff is doing its very best to help you.

Great staff
    • Large Single Room

Small room but thats usual for any hotel located at the center of london, still though i have been to much more smaller rooms in other hotels. It was a pleasure staying there ;)

The staff where amazing. Very helpful, trying their best to please you. Very well customer service :):)

Value + location

Fan in the bathroom turned on every time you opened the door and would stay on quite loud for 10mins

Perfect location, stone's throw from King's Cross but still quiet. Small rooms but perfect from single traveller and a place to sleep.

Value for money for a long stay during a business trip and appropriate just for sleep, nothing more

No breakfast, no wardrobe, no refrigerator, no elevator, no telephone service, very small room, very small toilet. It was a double room, but I was alone. If it was another person with me we wouldn't fit in the room.

The position was very close to the subway Kings Cross Pancras. The bed was clean and it had hot water.

I didn’t like how that me and my partner fell asleep, and...

I didn’t like how that me and my partner fell asleep, and one of the staff knocked for 1 second and turned the lights on while we was In bed it was quiet rude and uncomfortable because we was asleep an had no clothes on

Great location and able to leave bags before and after check...
    • Large Single Room

Generally, the bedroom was tired and could do with updating. Particularly, the carpet looks very worn and stained. Whilst taking a shower, the shower tray would overflow after 3 minutes so , my guess is the waste pipe must be partially blocked. The bed linen and towels are all well worn.

Great location and able to leave bags before and after check in

Excellent location, great value for money

Tech perks would be nice like usb charging at plugs but apart from that it’s grand

I stay here frequently and always come back for location, cleanliness and value for money. Staff very friendly and helpful too and it’s surprisingly quiet considering the central location

Location was awesome.

Location was awesome. I would say, it’s a 5 minutes stroll to st pancras/kings cross (but come out from the right exit, euston south) and 1 minute run. It was also close to several food joints.

Exactly what I was looking for, a location close to Kings...

Exactly what I was looking for, a location close to Kings Cross, a bed and bathroom - nothing more and nothing less. Perfect for me travelling alone, not in need of anything but the necessities to a fair price.

Excellent location and very clean, but so small there is no place for you travel bag!

The room was tiny, as was the toilet, with no room for bags or space to leave clothes and belongings. Definitely not suitable for 2 people! Very poor sound proofing, neighboring guests were easily heard.

The location was excellent!

Great location!

the room is very small and the stairs steep and narrow. While it is standard in London for this range of prices, I wouldn't advice it to the people with big and very heavy suitcases.

I've been staying in this hotel few times and the main reason is the location: good connections to all airports, British Library and British Museum just a short walk away. The rooms are clean, the possibility to leave the luggage comes handy. Even if it is near the King's Cross station the room was quiet during the night.

Small rooms, Great location!
    • Large Single Room

As it was to be expected, the rooms were quite small, even so that it sometimes felt a bit claustrophobic for us as couple to put away or suitcases and bags in the room.

The location was PERFECT. It was right at King's Cross and St. Pancras, which was ideal for when we arrived and left London with the Eurostar. Also during our stay, we found the metroline super accessible to everywhere we wanted to go in London and abroad.

Excellent location near St.

Tea set cleaning left much to be desired: no change of used teacups and spoons / no refill for used up tea bags / no fresh tea cups in the morning

Excellent location near St. Pancras Station / Bedroom small but sufficient for 2 overnight stays

Perfect for your city trip.

The beds were small and short, the pillows too firm.

Hotels in London are typically very expensive. So don't expect much from a reasonably priced hotel room in the city center. The room was sufficient, which is all there is to say. Wifi however was very good. But the Unique Selling Point of this hotel is definitely its PERFECT location. Just a 2 minutes walk to London's biggest train/underground stations of King's Cross and St. Pancras. Therefore a solid endorsement for this hotel for your next city trip.

Excellent location!
    • Large Single Room

The only thing I did not like was those water pipes filling and/or warming up watter which made a terrible noise. But if your sleep is very tight usually then that shouldn’t be an issue.

The hotel as expected was small, but quite comfortable. The staff was extremely nice. You can leave the luggage before and after check out. I complained about the water pipes noise and they were ready offer to change the room if similar would be free. Location excellent! Easy to access from Luton airport by train and two minutes walk to the hotel.

The staff was very kind, they give a lot of information, and...

May be to add an optional service like a breakfast, or a mini-refrigerator will be a good idea...

The staff was very kind, they give a lot of information, and they made the reservation of tickets online for trips in London.

Comfy, easily reachable in the center

The bed was too soft for my taste, but it wasn't bad at all. I think the room is small for longer stay, but if you want to spend one night before your departure, with not too many luggage, it's a very good choice.

Very easy to locate, only a few steps away from King's Cross and St. Pancras stations. Although the main road is very close, and room facing the front, it was very quiet. We could sleep peacefully. The staff was very friendly, check in and check out was smooth, reception is staffed 7/24.

Fantastic for what I needed!

That the fan in the bathroom was on a motion sensor and stayed on for at least 10min after leaving the bathroom

Fantastic for what I needed! Everything was there in little space. Perfect Location!

Good basic hotel for London. I will stay here again.

Next time I will ask for a room on the ground floor for my own convenience. There was a lot of noise from outside the hotel, but of course that must be expected in London.

Helpful, friendly staff. Comfortable room. Good shower. Everything clean. Close to stations, buses, and to my show venue.

Recommended for an overnight stay with not much luggage.

The bathroom was quite tight, but fine for the price.

Briliant location for the British Library, brilliant price, ideal for a one-night stay. I had a top floor room which was hot when I arrived but I was easily able to open the window and get the room to an ideal temperature overnight. The bed and pillows were comfortable and despite being small the room had everything I could need, including tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, TV and soap/shower gel in the bathroom. The shower was lovely - hot and powerful. Would definitely go back!

The convenience of location and reasonable price make up for the small space.
    • Large Single Room

The staircases are hard to negotiate with suitcases (even just a carry-on). The bathroom is tiny and the wash sink is so small for anything useful.

Location location location - especially for early departure from St Pancras Train Station (like Eurostar) & Kings Cross! The front desk was kind to allow an early check-in once the room was available.

Great base. Clean, comfortable and had everything we needed.
    • Large Single Room

Nothing really. If being picky the bed was a small double rather than standard double but I don't think anything bigger would have fitted the room

Small room but all you need as a base. Really great location, close to station and very clean. Was expecting lots of London noise but hotel was really quite. Would certainly use again.

Very, very good
    • Large Single Room

Nothing really. Rooms are on the small side but it’s just for sleeping.

Travelled into St. Pancras, hotel about 5mins away. Extremely easy access to London via underground at both Kings Cross and St. Pancras

Overall great location and hotel

The only thing was the room size, there was 3 of us in a room, so a doubled and a single bed and there wasnt much room for anything else.

Hotel was nice, clean and staff was friensdly and helpful. Hotel was right by the station so easy access to get round London.

Great value compact stay
    • Large Single Room

Couldn't get the shower to flow hot. Basin did flow hot. Stayed here many times and same shower. Didn't have time to tell them reception on way out as in a hurry.

Cheap, comfortable, compact, just what I need for an overnight near the office even if claiming on expenses I like to be value for money

Super easy to find
    • Large Single Room

Location is superb, we found it immediately which is great if you don't know the area. Our room was small-it was large single room-but we knew what we were booking, so it was just enough for the two of us to sleep in and we only had small bags. Overall, it was a good stay.

Awesome value for money

Narrow hallways and staircase no lift. Wifi was poor on top floor.

The bed was super comfy and had two memory foam pillows. Better than my bed at home. Staff were really nice and friendly. Location amazing. Really close to kings cross station.

Very good hotel compared to another one close to it
    • Large Single Room

The room is a bit small, but still comfortable, was a bit hot to sleep at night

Very close to the station, really nice view out of the window, the room was warm and clean when we arrived, the shower was nice

Amazing value

Given the price, no-one should be surprised by small rooms or lack of free toiletries. The fact there's no lift didn't matter to me as I was on the ground floor, but I imagine if your high up and have luggage, it's not ideal.

This will make me sound like a huge snob, but I was pretty worried about staying in such an inexpensive place in central London, assuming it had to be terrible. But not so! I'll definitely be back here. My room was small, but of course it was going to be given how little I was paying. But other than that, it was clean, it had everything I needed, the location next to St Pancras is perfect, and the staff even found me an extra heater as it was chilly at night.

The room was small but immaculately clean, and the bathroom...

The room was small but immaculately clean, and the bathroom looked brand new. The location was incredibly convenient - just a few minutes walk from King's Cross Station. I've stayed here a few times now, and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a place in London which isn't fancy, but is good value for money, and in a great location to get around the city.

The location was great short walk to stations st pancras...
    • Large Single Room

The location was great short walk to stations st pancras kings cross and Euston stations and tour buses can be caught between st Pancras and kings cross stations. Chose this hotel as have stayed here before and knew it was easy to get around.

Rubbish.
    • Large Single Room

The bathroom stank. Heating was off in December. Could touch both walls at the same time. Bed wasn't even a double. No foyer. Used plasters stuck to the wall. Very thin walls.

It was ok but wouldn't stay here again.

Double bed wasn't a full double bed in a triple room - it was a 3/4 bed so it was super tiny and we were squashed. Shouldn't really have been a triple room if the room isn't big enough to house a proper double bed.

Clean, cheap, convenient.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Good location as it is very close to St Pancreas
    • Large Single Room

Very small room and bathroom (XXS size), Good for short stay of a day or max for two days if you are not staying in hotel for most of the day.

Good location as it is very close to St Pancreas

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Does exactly what it needs to do for three people spending the week in London with no real complaint

The smallest of the small rooms in all of small room history. The pictures were incredibly deceptive but what can we expect from a London room? It was only just enough space to manage. Staff always greeted us - we’re fine, but not necessarily ‘warm’ and ‘hospitable’.

Location was pretty much perfect. Very easy to get to and from, and the housekeeping did very well to make the room that much nicer during our absences. Everything worked as expected, TV provided, tea and coffee in room.

Browse Wardonia Hotel traveller photo gallery