Reviews of Warren Lodge 3 stars

Church Square, Shepperton, TW17 9JZ, United Kingdom

#4 of 5 hotels in Shepperton

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Run down, images on site do not represent the rooms we booked. Avoid!

We booked two rooms. In one of them, the shower worked intermittently. When it worked, the water did not drain. At other times, there was no water at all. The issue was reported to reception and a member of staff came to resolve it whilst we were away. As he did not carry any tools with him (we saw him heading towards our room as we were departing for the evening), it is unclear why he reported that the issue was resolved. It wasn't. On the night of our stay there was a function going on. In the second room we booked, situated above the conservatory, where a party was going, the noise levels were so high that the floor was vibrating. The party has finished at 12:00AM, but there was still great levels of noise from the staff who were clearing out untill 2:00AM. As you can see from the photos attached, they do not represent a bathroom acceptable for a 3 star hotel. The floor tiles were broken in some places, shower curtain and drainage were yellowish which is a far cry from the pristine white one would have expected. The main issues, however, remain the shower and the noise levels.

The Lodge is situated in a lovely location near a river and the rooms are spacious. I would particularly commend the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Very disappointing stay - I wouldn't recommend this hotel.
    • Club Double Room

The bathroom wasn't the cleanest. There was a dead spider behind the bathroom door when I got there but was still there the next day after cleaning. The bed was 2 singles pushed together meaning that the duvet wasn't big enough for the bed or even the duvet cover. The sheet also didn't fit and after moving the duvet to fit the side I was sleeping, the sheets got pulled off. Due to the big ridge in the middle where the two beds met, it was like sleeping in a single bed. The shower over the bath was very poor. It was more of a trickle with no pressure behind it and it didn't reach beyond the taps making a shower very difficult. The shower curtain was far too long and so sat under your feet as you were showering - I find this revolting. Although the room was cleaned on day 1 (I stayed 2 nights), there was more dirt on the floor than previously, including rolled clumps of hair, where the hoover hadn't picked it up. Obviously, an old hoover and no one had emptied the hoover bag, so I couldn't walk around bare feet. When I returned to my room after a day out, I returned to find the french door onto the communal balcony open, not just unlocked, but about 12 inches open - I am only grateful that no one had entered the room in my absence.

The food was very good

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Love it and will continue going back there. Been 4 times so far.
    • Club Double Room

Always stay at this hotel. The hotel patio doors open to the terrace on the river it's so beautiful. We stay as a couple but last time had our 5 year old daughter too. The rooms beautiful it's all Just a lovely experience and not far from where we live.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

very enjoyable.

My sister in law really struggled with the outside stairs to her room.

Bed was comfy, although pillars were very uncomfortable. Room was spacious, would have been nice to have had two comfy chairs or a sofa in there.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Cozy pub hotel

The rooms themselves were detached in a building on the other side of the car park, it did look like an American motel at first glance. They were quite dated and not very clean, dust building up behind the bed side tables, over the plug sockets, light switches and the carpet was VERY dirty.

My partner and I stayed here for one night after spending the day at Thorpe Park, it’s only a 12minute drive from the park so that was very convenient. We had dinner at the pub and it was truly fantastic, the Caesar Salad was very flavourful and the Parmesan steak with spinach was cooked to perfection. The staff throughout the hotel were lovely and the breakfast provided was worth the extra money. The room was quiet and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Overall not happy to what others had described in reviews looked nice outside but thats all
    • Standard Single Room

Everything better rooms would be a start

Not much really as room i had was very poor bathroom was a joke dripping shower head no hot water in morning stains on carpet and walls

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Staff very helpful and friendly.
    • Standard Single Room

Hotel needs an upgrade, bit rough round the edges, worn carpet etc. The night latch on my door was broken, and the there was issues with the Wi-Fi which was frustrating as I planned to do some work. This aside, would still book again as its convenient for me and also the helpfulness of the staff helps.

Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Beautiful countryside, disappointed by a parking and food issues.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Poor food at restaurant, no decaffeinated coffee other than instant at restaurant bar. Unable to park after being away for day. Ridiculously tight getting past parked cars to hotel.

Beautiful environment, nearby to waterways, tow path walk and locks. Serviced room.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

This was a very relaxing and indulgent weekend. Worth every penny.

Not sure if its just because i suffer from a bad back but i did not personally find the bed as comfortable as it looked x

Beautiful rooms, good size and good complimentary refreshments in the room. Nice big wardrobe and everything you need to hand. Spectacular views from the room and location was superb, Decent breakfast included. Photos dont really do it justice

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The location was great and the setting was beautiful.

The shower was awful, couldn’t even use it because it was so bad. The door had to have something rested against it as I constantly sounded like it was being opened. The carpets and overall appearance of the hotel was a bit worse for wear. Could do with a revamp.

The location was great and the setting was beautiful. The room was comfy and perfect for what we needed

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Lovely and relaxing
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Being picky - wouldve been brekky options

Comfy beds. Great thai food in the pub next door. Cute village location. Took our own food as no vegan options for brekky. Will go back again. Good run to chessington. No faults.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Good location for thorpe park

The parking situation was a bit of a problem.

The staff were very friendly. The room was clean and tidy.. it was also a really good location to arrive after thorpe park at 2300.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Staff friendly

Having stayed there a number of times with no issue, this time I was given room 23 which is on the 3rd Floor. The room itself is one of smallest and is located on the top floor. I can deal with this and was no issue. However, the soundproofing between rooms is really poor so you can hear people talking. In addition to this I was awoken by a really load shower pump at 5am so there was no sleeping from then on. What made matters worse was that when I wanted a shower the water was cold! I did complain on checking out but the staff member was unable to discount the room cost in anyway as there was no manager in the hotel at the time so was charged the full rate. Really not that great.

Staff friendly

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Location to Thorpe Park was amazing literally 10 minutes...

Our room was very close to a party the venue was having so I didn’t get to sleep until the party had ended. Also you’re paying a higher price on the room for the great location - not for the quality of the rooms unfortunately.

Location to Thorpe Park was amazing literally 10 minutes away.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Our stay at the Warren lodge was the best experience we ever had. Lovely views, staff and room!

The staff were extremely polite and helpful for anything we needed help with. The views were lovely. The whole place was beautiful and clean. We couldn't have picked a better place to stay! Would definitely recommend the Warren lodge to anybody!

Great place

Parking was a little issue but nothing major

This place is great stayed in room 24 no issues with anything and as for other reviews we heard no noise and staff were very polite

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

We really enjoyed drinks on the terrace looking over the...

We really enjoyed drinks on the terrace looking over the river it was peaceful. The rooms were nice. The staff made it a enjoyable place to stay all very friendly and lovely! Will be definitely rebooking and staying longer as the location is good.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Very clean, spacious and comfortable, with free parking and...

It was a little uncomfortable to have to take our suitcases through a wake that was happening when we arrived!

Very clean, spacious and comfortable, with free parking and good WiFi

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

We needed somewhere to stay in Shepperton and this was OK for location but generally disappointing

Shower was pathetic, we were a group and rooms were far away from each other, bar and restaurant were unappealing (so we went and ate in the pub next door which was excellent). Right next to the river but no views at all.

Nice breakfast, but we were on a five day trip down the Thames, this was by far the most expensive night and the hotel was generally disappointing.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Dreadful. Very noisy. Not family friendly. Dirty.

There was a party that was very loud until 1am. I had a 9 month old with me. The room was dirty & moldy. The shower didn't work. The bed was very uncomfortable. Not at all how you represented it. I have photos to back this up.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Excellent from start to finish.

All good.

I had a club room on the waters edge. Superb views and parking. Went to a party excellent staff brilliant . Breakfast first class. The whole stay was excellent. Would return again and recommend to family and friends. Many thanks pete Wilkinson.

very enjoylable

It was looking a little tired in places (old wardrobe in room, tail rail hanging off, shower not very powerful) but overall very enjoyable

large room plenty of space, great view, the bed was very comfy breakfast very excellent

Never again! Worst hotel!

The place was unbelievably loud! There is basically no parking and when you say to a manager obviously your a paying guest where is the parking... Your response is to tell you about a place around the corner and when I said obviously not local I have no idea what your saying... The response I received was oh erm well I could show you erm is it raining... Very professional... First day we was there I actually had to ask to be moved as the first room was filthy! Dirt everywhere orange nets and milk up the furniture the second room not much better! We went September when it should be quiet however the parking is still a joke also they allow people to abuse their bar until early hours in the morning as loud as a nightclub having no consideration for the hotel guest who have to just sit and bare it... The bed is uncomfortable, pillows are hard and hurt your neck one pillow too low however two hurts your neck so no in between, it's not local to anywhere you have to drive to get to anything... Was a birthday weekend to thorpe park worst birthday ever will never return to this hotel ruined the trip and my birthday Chose not to eat here as the rooms were so dated and filthy decided not to trust the kitchen To top it staff go out of their way to blank you especially the manager!

The fact we got to leave and go back to our lovely clean, quiet home

The key had to be shoved into the door!
    • Club Double Room

The key had to be shoved into the door!. The toilet didn’t flush!. Come on !. Not worlth the money even if it’s on the river. Very worn and not cared about.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

We love The Warren Lodge and it was great value for money. Shirley was just brilliant.

The room was very dirty and we had a member of staff to come in to clean leaves and rubbish from the window sill. The lights in the bathroom turned offf intermittently! The carpets are badly stained.

The location is just stunning. We spent our honeymoon night here 30 years ago!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

We will be back again for a stay

The location is beautiful and would recommend people to have a walk around the lock and village , staff very friendlyand could not do enough, room stunning overlooking the Thames , Food excellent and would stay again

Warren Lodge
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Needs bit of a revamp. Stair carpets mismatched and thread bare. Had to hold shower as fitting didn’t work well, towel rail fell off the wall! Bed throws a bit warn. Worth what we paid but no more

Great location as we had our evening planned and booked at the Kings head right next door. Staff friendly and good breakfast plus tea making facilities. Beds were comfy and had a good nights sleep

Very pleasant overall

My bed was old and sunk in the middle. Parts of the hotel require a refurbishment. Parking was very limited.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Food - evening meal and breakfast was super.

We would stay here again.
    • Standard Single Room

Pillows were clean and good quality but too large for me. Maybe a large and a small in depth !!

Very professional and friendly staff. Dinner was very good and setting by the Thames was great. Will recommend it to my family and friends.

At 5.
    • Standard Single Room

At 5.40am they were moving tables and chairs in the courtyard and wheeling bottles on trolleys making terrible noise. When I had enough after 20mins of this I put my head out the window to complaint only to be told by the staff member that there was nothing he could do and shrugged his shoulders. I went to take my luggage out and there was cat poo in the middle of the corridor. When I told them it took the 15mins to come and sort it and they didn’t even wash the carpet area it was on. When I spoke to the manager she said she would call me to let me know what they were going to do and I am still waiting...DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL

The bed, the complimentary breakfast and the staff

No hot water for the duration of our stay. Power cut on Sunday morning in 2 out of our three rooms.

The bed, the complimentary breakfast and the staff

The breakfast was amazing

I think we had been spoilt on our last visit as we had an amazing room. This time we were in an exterior building which was not as good

The breakfast was amazing

Pleasant surprise!
    • Club Double Room

We didn't like the fact we were only there one night! Wish we could have stayed longer. Will be back!

It exceeded all of our expectations. We got exactly the type of room that we requested -river view with a well ventilated room with opening windows and a fan (due to hot weather we made a special request ) View of the Thames was fantastic. Location was idyllic. The staff were extra friendly. The room was spacious and the bed was super comfy and large. Had the best nights sleep. We ate late in the bar - tasty burger and chips which we knew had been cooked fresh.

You get what you pay for. Ok for somewhere just to get your head down

The hotel is next to a couple of busy and noisy pubs. The rooms away from the main hotel don't look particularly nice, although inside they are ok

Location of hotel by the river was lovely

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

A pleasant place to stay.
    • Standard Single Room

The 'free in all areas' wifi is only available in the lounge bar.

Situated in a great location with free parking outside. My room was a good size for the price. I was very happy staying there.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The staff were very friendly and helpful and was a great...

Although we requested rooms near each other they weren't able to place is in rooms near each other

The staff were very friendly and helpful and was a great visit would defiantly visit again.

Potential for greater things
    • Club Double Room

Just needs a big refurb, everything about the room and bathroom was a bit tired. Carpets stained. Paintwork needs redoing. Entrance to club rooms unattractive

Gorgeous riverside location, good food and lovely staff. Great characterful building. Easy to park. Comfortable bed and spacious room.

Would only go again if we knew they wernt a function on.

The noise from the wedding on the first night and then christening on the second night. I mean who has a disco till 12pm at a christening !

The breakfast was excellent.

Lovely stay but it could do with renovating and needs a good deep clean

Not very clean - lots of cobwebs and dust in the room and also there was an old tissue and chocolate wrapper in one of the drawers! We dropped and broke a glass in the room that we cleaned as best as we could but the cleaner didn’t get rid of all the glass that we couldn’t. Soundproofing isn’t great - there was a wedding on with really loud music that didn’t stop until midnight which we could hear from our room and we could hear people coming and going morning and night.

Lovley breakfast, especially cooked breakfast all done from fresh. Had a lovely room with French doors onto a garden which lead to the river. Comfortable beds.

It did the job but i wouldn't rush back

the electrical installation was defective, the lights failed, i would guess it was the bathroom light it was an old fluorescent light that is not usually used in damp locations

Beautiful location , basic amenities, good value
    • Standard Single Room

No wifi ,although was advertised as included. The wifi was down for 3 days I was there

The location is wonderful, by river , quiet and lots of greenery

The location was good but spoilt by the parking situation

The add on block where we stayed was outdated in a poor upkeep way. Had a hostel feel to the rooms. 1 working plug which was the tv so had to unplug that to dry hair etc mouldy stains on sheets thick dust on bed headboard. Generally old and unloved feel to add on block where we stayed. Number 25

The location was good but spoilt by the parking situation

Average
    • Standard Single Room

There was no parking when I arrived although the booking specified free parking and I got a parking ticket parked in the local car park. Wasn’t able to buy a ticket at night and the traffic warden arrived at 9am.

Bed was ok

Comfortable bed, nice room, good location

Shower water pressure terrible, drip drip drip. Very little parking on site but this is advertised as being an issue by the hotel, we were one of the lucky ones thankfully

Comfortable bed, nice room, good location

The breakfast was very good and the service excellent.

The breakfast was very good and the service excellent. The evening meal was also well done and tasty. My only negative was that we has to share the outdoor eating area with some heavy smokers. It was still very hot then so we did not want to stay inside

The position of Warren lodge

No disabled facilities, Staff not happy to have wheelchair in reception,could not take it up the stairs even though we said it would only be for an hour. Put it in car after that. At breakfast given a table down a steep step which meant I could not access the breakfast sundries. Even though tables were empty on the level. A wedding was on when we checked in. We had a celebration to go to at 6.30 and asked if we could have some food. We were told no food until 7.30. When we checked on line prior to this the website states food is served all day. An email could have been appropriate in the circumstances. We were in a group of 6 so had to look for alternatives.

The position of Warren lodge

Location is stunning and our room had river views but...
    • Club Double Room

Shower was just a drip, check in service was strange - man tried desperately to fob us off on someone else - pretty unprofessional

Location is stunning and our room had river views but sliding door doesn’t actually open to enjoy it and so no fresh air

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Great stay - hope to return!

The motel style of room is getting a bit tired and dated, but it was good value.

Quiet location with good local walks. Great dinner menu; inventive chef, and good value. Meal replaced without question when choice was made without checking salt level. No premium for being beside the Thames. Helpful staff.

Nice last minute overnight stay

Was noisy with the pub next door and people outside drinking but apart from that nothing to complain about

Nice clean rooms, everything you need provided , good location and plenty of parking

worked very well for my needs
    • Standard Single Room

proximity of the bar to the riverside patio was a bit strange. would have preferred restaurant and bar to be adjoining rather than rooms.

loved the village location. loved my room overlooking the church.

Poor rude staff

The way the receptionist spoke to me accusing us of smoking when I’m a non smoker

The room smell of smoke but I’m not one to complain, the next day got a phone call saying that the room smelt of smoke and that I should pay for another night as they couldn’t give the room to someone else that night, I said I didn’t smoke so they said maybe it was your children I said excuse me my childen are 11 they don’t smoke.

A comfortable and relaxing weekend

The hotel could do with a make over, carpets threadbare in places but that shouldn’t put anyone off in visiting this hotel, food, bed and location compensates for this. We would definitely return

Cheerful staff made you feel welcome, breakfast was good, made fresh, we had cooked each day and it was hot and not dried out, didn’t eat there in the evening as met up with family who live in the area, room was comfortable, tea and coffee and bottled water was supplied, clean towels and room was cleaned next day even though we were only stopping two nights.

ALFRESCO EATING CLOSE TO RIVER

we were close to fire exit used by staff to remove rubbish and bottles. very noisy door slamming closed and bottles smashing into recycle containers. Ground floor room noise from outside activity. visitors above very noisy group in single room, music and loud talking and moving furniture from 6:00 pm to 2:30 am recommencing at 6:00 am. Consideration for others should be highlighted as with firm instructions for no smoking.

ALFRESCO EATING CLOSE TO RIVER VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL STAFF GOOD QUALITY FOOD AT A REASONABLE PRICE

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The location is brilliant parking as always is a nightmare.

Te black grunge behind the taps was a real off putting experience. Room 23 in the loft was so uncomfortabley hot with the weather this week. The shower was feable at best.

The location is brilliant parking as always is a nightmare.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Best short break we've had in a while. A definite return visit in order.

Nothing really. The hotel carpets need an update but that's minor. Everything else was great.

Despite not having hot water, in this heat we didn't care. Our room was peefect. Overlooking the Thames and we has the most wonderful two nights. On the Wednesday we never strayed from the terrace, watching little one playing in the river, being taught to sail and generally enjoying the outdoors and the glorious sunshine. We will definitely be back. The food is great, especially the massive ice cream we were served on a scorching day. The staff are friendly, professionally providing all we needed. Thank you for making my husband's birthday a memorable, relaxing one.

Very nice location by the river . Difficult getting a lunch menu when holding a funtion.

Reception staff on arrival absolutely useless and miserable (minds seemed elsewhere). We did not know there was a function on which meant zero parking. If you can avoid it do not drive. Because of functions we found it difficult getting a lunch menu( why should normal paying guests suffer because of a function? ). Avoid using the pub next door as zero food and also smells of urine pretty bad.

The actual property was lovely.. The hotel location was perfect by the river. The breakfast was ok although a bit cramped in the dinning room. Evening meal was very nice.

Quaint, beautiful hotel nestled in a historic town, an hours train ride from London.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The stairs are a little warn , but how much time do you spend there. The shower pressure isn’t great but sufficient. The rooms don’t have air conditioning but we did have a fan in the room. Unfortunately the leg was broke and we had to wedge it under the dressing table to support its own weight. Also I brought an additional fan of my own, so it wasn’t a massive problem. The car park isn’t big and doesn’t have enough spaces for 50 rooms. We did manage to get a parking space ever night so it wasn’t an issue for us. The restaurant doesn’t have a kids menu, although the chef did provide my son with kids meal, which he loved.

The location and staff are amazing. It was my Husband’s birthday and they gave us a complimentary bottle of wine and a J20 for my son. The restaurant is amazing and the hotel are doing themselves a disservice by not mentioning the restaurant times for breakfast and dinner in the hotel information folders. The room was big, clean and comfortable. Coffee, tea, herbal tea, hot chocolate, bottles of water and biscuits are provided daily. Also there are complimentary shampoo & conditioner and shower gel for each guest. They provide a kettle, iron, ironing board and hair dryer in the room. The room we stayed in was a family room, with a double and single bed. We also had a table and two chairs, dressing table and free view TV. Parking is free but limited.

Warren Lodge was perfect for me as a lone traveller.
    • Standard Single Room

The car park for the hotel can prove difficult to access if arriving late on a Friday or Saturday night, as the customers from the local pubs are all stood in the road. This can be a little intimidating if travelling alone. Breakfast was lovely but was a limited menu.

Warren Lodge was perfect for me as a lone traveller. Staff were extremely helpful, polite and attentive.

We always enjoy our stay. The hotel might be old but it has character!

The bathrooms are very old.

The location is great for us. The hotel needs a lot of work and money spent on it but it suits us and each month we go back as we have a new grandson in the area. The staff are pleasant. We’ve never eaten there.

Would definitely stay here again but think for £85 they should include some sort of breakfast
    • Standard Single Room

I thought that it included breakfast and was surprised to find out that even though I’d paid £85 I still had to pay £10 for breakfast. I was a bit disappointed.

The location is lovely and although I was on my own I felt very comfortable there & would definitely stay there again

Photos look nicer than it is.

Expensive for what it was, the pictures make it look a lot nicer than it actually is. When we first turned up we got a space in the car park next to the church, when we returned from food there were people leaning on cars around here with drinks in their hands. Luckily there was a space in another car park so we were able to move.

Room was lovely and clean and a fan had been provided for the hot weather. Location was close to Thope Park which was what we wanted.

Excellent value in ideal location for visiting in and around London.
    • Standard Single Room

Noisy pubs nearby, but didn't interfere with sleeping. Not the place for a luxury stay, but hotel not pretending to be that.

Excellent value for money, with everything needed for a one night stay. Comfortable bed and pleasant room. Very good eating facilities, with opportunity to eat outside. Breakfast from 6.30 am which really helps for an early start. I purposely booked a single room as I was on my own and was in the main hotel. I can't comment on double rooms in the various annexes.

Good breakfast in a nice village.

Car Park on arrival in the middle of the England game was full. Carpets in some corridors need replacing as very tired. I was unable to use the shower as the water was too hot.

The location was good and the breakfast was really enjoyable.

Excellent hotel - great value for money

I honestly cannot fault the hotel - just wished we’d had more time here to check out the dining facilities

Rooms very spacious, with tea/coffee making facilities, TV, hairdryer etc - even a small fan which was very much needed, our room had a fine view onto a large terrace and the River Thames - very peaceful and quiet, lovely location and hotel steeped in lots of history.

Very disappointing for the price
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Very expensive (£115 Room Only- breakfast was extra !) for what was at best worth around £50. Parking was a nightmare and took 45mins to get a space, thread bare carpets on stairs & halls, shower in en suite broken with little water pressure, furniture tired and worn. No evening meal available and we were unable to use the outside terrace due to Wedding (not told either when booking in). Attempted to charge us for food & drink on bill when checking out which we hadn't had. Asked to speak to Manager, was told the message would be passed on and we would be contacted during the day - we never received a call.

The location by the river is lovely

could have been better
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Very shabby bathroom in need of a deep clean. Décor tired in need of TLC. Parking difficult. No ice machine. We tried breakfast once but not the best.

clean bed linen and nice towels ,plenty of hot water if needed they did provide a fan. Some staff very helpful. Bus stop near by for connection to station and London.

Very good hotel and reasonably priced for the area. Will definitely stay again next year.
    • Standard Single Room

The stair carpets need replacing! Everything else very good.

First class location. Food quality very good and breakfast excellent. Friendly staff. Recommend sister hotel The Anchor (opposite Warren Lodge) also for excellent food and service. The lambs liver was delicious! An excellent host at The Anchor in the form of Gareth whose customer care skills are of the highest standard. Well done Gareth to you and your team.

Only OK. Restaurant poor lacking items eg butter at breakfast and the evening meal vas very poor

The room was very small and the bathroom was so small there was nowhere to hang two towels or place a toilet bag. More could be done with the space with modernisation and a refresh

Location is great for access to Hampton Court Flower Show and Thames

6.0
    Hotel in a lovely peaceful location, needing serious updating in places.

Given a room with a view of gas bottles, rubbish bins and staff smoking area. Curtains and blind torn, broken plug in bathroom. On complaining we were moved to a much nicer room with a garden view. Threadbare and torn carpets in corridors.

Lovely view of the river from the terrace

Ok but the parking issue was a very disappointing find after a long drive there

Had to park down the road in a residential street living an expensive bike in an unsecured location when availability of parking was one of the reason I chose Warren Lodge.

Staff

Quite pricey for what you get
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The room wasn’t serviced for 2 days over a 6 night stay and all I got was excuses no apologies. When we arrived there was broken glass at our entrance which my 4 y o daughter picked up in her shoes. The wedding over the weekend was very loud and we couldn’t sleep. Food is extremely expensive and we were charged £7.50 for a basic 2 slice, ham and cheese sandwich which came on white bread after I ordered brown bread.

The location is really good

It’s a good functional hotel, served its purpose as a place...

I thought the room was a bit pricey for what it was. Could do with a fan in the room for summer heat. My room backed onto a car park which was quite noisy early on.

It’s a good functional hotel, served its purpose as a place to stay not too far from Heathrow. The 3 course dinner for £20 was good value and nice.

Very disappointed,
    • Club Double Room

The outside look of the room, it made me feel like we were going to Butlin holiday camp , the price we paid I would expected a really lovely room but it wasn’t it look old

Bed wasn’t comfy , shower cold only little warm and shower running very slowly , room was too hot and didn’t feel safe having to leave the patio door open at night bec our balcony is shared .. we didn’t get free newspapers.. my partner couldn’t breathe he felted suffocated and there was no air condition in the room. We supposed to vacant our room by 11 but cleaner came around 9 saying we had to leave and was coming back in half hour so we had to leave the room which I thought was very wrong .

Charming hotel in lovely position and great value

Breakfast doesn't start until 8 on a Saturday, which is no good for those of us who are working. I had to leave at 8 so nothing available. This happens in most hotels I stay in. They could do with another member of staff as during busy period in evening the receptionist was having to do the bar as well and it wasn't working.

The location of the hotel is lovely. Having a fan in the room was great on such a hot evening.

The hotel was lovely, one of the best hotels we’ve stayed in.

The hotel was lovely, one of the best hotels we’ve stayed in. Our room over looked the river Thames and it was absolutely stunning the room was very spacious, the bathroom was simply with a bath & shower and maybe needs to be a bit modernised a little. The food in restaurant was to die for, I had the Chicken supreme and my partner had the Warren burger and OMG the onion rings were the best ever! Breakfast was also lovely a selection of cereals, yogurts, fruit and pastries. We were seated on a table for 2 over looking the church with the door open with gleaming sun shining through it really was beautiful. The outdoor terrace that overlooks the river is also an added bonus.